PDA

View Full Version : Hang up the cleats Manning

Vine
01-13-2013, 09:29 AM
You are about as much of a pussy as Fox is when it comes to making aggressive play calls to win games.

Obviously, I am referring to the 3rd and 7, but I am also referring to other situations, such as the 3rd and 5 early in the 3rd quarter, and some 2nd downs (like the 2nd down before the 3rd and 7), or any 2nd and short situation, lets call a running play so we can get a 1st down, instead of taking a shot at more yardage.

Not just yesterday, but all the times when Denver has forfeited possessions by calling running plays on 3rd and 5 - 3rd and 12 type situations. I can recall numerous times during the season in which Manning has forfeited a possession in this manner.

Your playcalling stinks. Is it because of your age?

Time to go in a new direction, at qb. Brock Osweiler. Not that I have 100% confidence in Brock, but I am ready to see what he brings to the table.

go_broncos
01-13-2013, 09:34 AM
As i said earlier... Hero in Regular Season and Zero in Playoff games.
Manning will play at least one more season.
I just hope we win SB next year..
With Brock..we won't be reaching playoffs.

BroncosfanGuy
01-13-2013, 09:42 AM
can you just go ahead and save it all for 1 thread, OP? thanks in advance

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Lol.

Wow.

Lol

Vine
01-13-2013, 09:44 AM
can you just go ahead and save it all for 1 thread, OP? thanks in advance

An this is your maiden post? LOL

LetsGoBroncos
01-13-2013, 09:45 AM
You guys are unbelievable. Manning didn't play great but he wasn't bad either. We had almost no running game, the secondary (Champ) sucked. There was no pass rush, the refs gave the Ravens 10-14 points and after all that all we had to do was knock down a hail mary when we knew it was coming and we would have won.

Stop overreacting. This sucks, I couldn't sleep all week and I def didn't sleep last night. These opportunities come about once every 15-20 years and we blew it. We could go 16-0 next year and we probably will have a tougher road then we had this year. But to automatically blame Manning is ridiculous. If the refs do their job (PI on the pick 6) he played 5 quarters without an interception and we scored 35 points. I think he is about reason #6 to blame for the loss.

BroncosfanGuy
01-13-2013, 09:46 AM
i remember this shtick from another board, sportvine. it was a serious request.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 09:49 AM
Were this many people calling for elway to retire after 1996?

Who here wants a chance to be a champion next year? Who here wants to be 6-10?

I cannot believe so many are calling for Peyton's head. You'd think he threw five picks and the broncos lost by 40. Again, before that last joe flacco heave, he had 3 Tds with a hundred rating in horrid temps. I don't care how the broncos scored 35 pts, but they did. We gave up 38 (really 31 I guess). This was a defensive issue.

But sure, let's place all the blame on a HOF qb who still has great football left in him. I hope people are just speaking through emotion here and think better of all this soon

Vine
01-13-2013, 09:51 AM
You guys are unbelievable. Manning didn't play great but he wasn't bad either. We had almost no running game, the secondary (Champ) sucked. There was no pass rush, the refs gave the Ravens 10-14 points and after all that all we had to do was knock down a hail mary when we knew it was coming and we would have won.

Stop overreacting. This sucks, I couldn't sleep all week and I def didn't sleep last night. These opportunities come about once every 15-20 years and we blew it. We could go 16-0 next year and we probably will have a tougher road then we had this year. But to automatically blame Manning is ridiculous. If the refs do their job (PI on the pick 6) he played 5 quarters without an interception and we scored 35 points. I think he is about reason #6 to blame for the loss.

Fair enough reply. But someone has to take the fall. If Manning was the one really behind the playcalling (he did claim that he was the one that audibled into the run play on 3rd and 7), then he needs to hang it up.

However, if Fox 'n McCoy were the ones behind the playcalling in those crucial situations, and Manning really wanted to be more aggressive, then Fox and McCoy both need to be out. Someone's gotta take the fall.

B-Large
01-13-2013, 09:54 AM
I'd draft a QB this year.... There will be some good QB that will be available this year late first, and in the 2nd round.... I'm not sure Brock is the guy who picks up where Manning leaves off in a year or two...

I think Manning will be back if at all physically possible for 2-3 more seasons, but we need to have a plan B, sorry Elway.

lolcopter
01-13-2013, 09:56 AM
Your threads suck you should stop making them

Idiot

BroncosfanGuy
Manning was the reason Denver went 13-3. But you want to cut him because he audibled to a run? for a guy i doubt you have even seen take a meaningful snap.

HorseHead
First pick, was p.i. ....

He will actually have another incredible season next year, and I look forward to watching it. Get a back, a couple of fat bas-ards on DL, a linebacker, and some db depth. Our division blows..we got this for a couple of years..

You'd think the Mayans were right for chrissakes...

peacepipe
01-13-2013, 09:58 AM
I'd draft a QB this year.... There will be some good QB that will be available this year late first, and in the 2nd round.... I'm not sure Brock is the guy who picks up where Manning leaves off in a year or two...

I think Manning will be back if at all physically possible for 2-3 more seasons, but we need to have a plan B, sorry Elway.

They already drafted a QB in brock . They didn't use a second rd pick on a QB just to move on to someoneelse 1 yr later.

TonyR
Good grief with this stupidity. Manning didn't have a good game overall but come on. Two of his three TD passes were things of beauty. He got it done and the defense blew it at the end of regulation.

Archer81
These threads...

No one played well yesterday, but blame Manning. Makes perfect sense. I'd suggest a brief cooling off period for some posters. Get over it and let it go.

:Broncos:

B-Large
01-13-2013, 09:59 AM

Our supposedly vicious D gave up 35 points, to Joe Flacco, and Ray Rice was pedestrian.....

35 ****ing points....

When you give up 35 points in the NFL, you lose games, no matter if you Manning, Brady, Brees, etc.... The guy I'd be asking question this AM would be Jack Del Rio.... What the **** did he do the lat few weeks, did he give the D backs two weeks off and why was there so little pressure on Flacco?.

I'm actually glad we did have to play Brady, Christ, we'd of given up 60....

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 10:03 AM
While I don't think this game was indicative of the next one, each game is it's own and our secondary is capable, but yeah...I don't even remember blitzing much this game. Where was it? Flacco is a good downfield thrower and we have him all day to do it

lolcopter
01-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Our D sucked but they only gave up 28 not 35

Pick 6

HorseHead
01-13-2013, 10:05 AM
I really thought the interior of the DL played way over their heads the first 3/4 of the season.

They looked gassed and unfortunately extremely pedestrian yesterday. I know, here we go again, but it is, and has been, long overdue for this team to have a difference make on the interior of the DL...you need to collapse the pocket, or at least have someone who can command double teams...

Vine
01-13-2013, 10:07 AM
Your threads suck you should stop making them

Idiot

Your rebuttals suck even worse.

lolcopter
01-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Your rebuttals suck even worse.

Cool thread bro

Nebraska sucks

spdirty
01-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Good grief with this stupidity. Manning didn't have a good game overall but come on. Two of his three TD passes were things of beauty. He got it done and the defense blew it at the end of regulation.

Yeah, while the last pick was on him for being careless, and was the final nail in the coffin, it wasn't the only or biggest mistake out there. Manning got it done with a beautiful clutch drive to get us up 7 in the 4th quarter, and we were in position to win with the defense. While this is heartbreaking, there are others that should, IMO, get a lot more blame than Manning. If not for him we wouldn't be anywhere close to where we are.

Problem for me is the fact that Colts fans are use to this kind of disappointment. I don't want to be like a Colts fan.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 10:12 AM
It's funny. I'm at dia right now and am talking to several broncos fans, and mentioned this thread and they all laughed. Maybe make just attracts the drama queens

theAPAOps5
Go away kid.

Smilin Assassin
lol

Almost makes me embarrassed to be a Broncos fan. But, then I remember every message board/fan base have this.

It sucks we lost.... I get it. Someone has to pay!..I get it

Manning is a great QB, and this thread is silly.

Go Broncos.

Vine
01-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Cool thread bro

Nebraska sucks

I love it when people try to take jabs at me by saying Nebraska sucks, because as a person who comes from a Colorado family, I hate the Cornholios.

lolcopter
01-13-2013, 10:18 AM
I love it when people try to take jabs at me by saying Nebraska sucks, because as a person who comes from a Colorado family, I hate the Cornholios.

You also hate one of the GOAT Denver QBs too it seems

Douche thread by a short sighted nimwit OP

Lock this piece of crap up already

broncocalijohn
01-13-2013, 10:20 AM
These threads...

No one played well yesterday, but blame Manning. Makes perfect sense. I'd suggest a brief cooling off period for some posters. Get over it and let it go.

Exactly except I wish some had a cooling off period of infinity. I now hope this is just like 1996 so we have an epic run for two seasons. THen we can bump these bitch threads and laugh at these knuckleheads.

Vine
01-13-2013, 10:34 AM
You also hate one of the GOAT Denver QBs too it seems

Douche thread by a short sighted nimwit OP

Lock this piece of crap up already

I stand by my sentiments. Manning has audibled into running plays in 3rd and manageable situations ALL SEASON LONG. Have they ever worked? NO. NO. NO!

And last night... he pissed away several possessions with conservative running plays.

Specifically:

3rd quarter about 10:30 left. 3rd and 5 from DEN 47. Hester up the middle for 2 yards. HESTER! Your slow fullback. Not a shifty halfback, but Jacob Freaking Hester! Right near midfield when Denver was almost in a position to start threatening. A stupid ****ing play at at important part of a game, right after the Flacco fumble. Did Manning audible into that stupid play? If he did, then Manning is fully to blame for pissing away a possession, following a turnover right at midfield.

Oh, and the last series, when Denver needed one more 1st down, to win the game. 3 fricken running plays right in a row, all unimaginative blasts up the middle. ****ing stupid. Manning claims that he is the one who called the audibles. If so, then he needs to RETIRE!

lolcopter
01-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Jacob Hester idiot

lolcopter
01-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Devin Hester is a Chicago Bear

manchambo
01-13-2013, 10:45 AM
An this is your maiden post? LOL

And yet it is infinitely better reasoned and more informative than anything you've posted here.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Worst thread ever. Some people should just quit being broncos fans

lolcopter
01-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Nice edit OP. Good luck covering up your idiocy

Stop making threads for starters

bombquixote
01-13-2013, 11:19 AM
You are about as much of a p***Y as Fox is when it comes to making aggressive play calls to win games.

Obviously, I am referring to the 3rd and 7, but I am also referring to other situations, such as the 3rd and 5 early in the 3rd quarter, and some 2nd downs (like the 2nd down before the 3rd and 7), or any 2nd and short situation, lets call a running play so we can get a 1st down, instead of taking a shot at more yardage.

Not just yesterday, but all the times when Denver has forfeited possessions by calling running plays on 3rd and 5 - 3rd and 12 type situations. I can recall numerous times during the season in which Manning has forfeited a possession in this manner.

Time to go in a new direction, at qb. Brock Osweiler. Not that I have 100% confidence in Brock, but I am ready to see what he brings to the table.

You...are high.

Toshiro Takashi
01-13-2013, 11:22 AM
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/589191/81258890.jpg

Rohirrim
01-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Really dumbass thread. Meanwhile, here's some babes at the beach...

http://forums.mmaweekly.com/image.php?u=15971&type=sigpic&dateline=1318572539

Agamemnon
01-13-2013, 12:13 PM
I find myself not caring one way or the other. We aren't going to win a Super Bowl with Fox and Manning and Osweiler is probably never going to be that good. It's going to be a very long time before we have the players and coaches necessary to have a real shot at a championship.

winstoncup bronco
01-13-2013, 12:18 PM
I find myself not caring one way or the other. We aren't going to win a Super Bowl with Fox and Manning and Osweiler is probably never going to be that good. It's going to be a very long time before we have the players and coaches necessary to have a real shot at a championship.

Thats how I feel. I hope we're both wrong. Fox and Manning aren't exactly known for resounding postseason success. Going 12-4 and 13-3 every year and not winning a Super Bowl isn't gonna cut it.

WABronco
01-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Really dumbass thread. Meanwhile, here's some babes at the beach...

http://forums.mmaweekly.com/image.php?u=15971&type=sigpic&dateline=1318572539

That be a very nice bottom.

Meanwhile:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1110/tim.tebow.rare.photos/images/tebow-bikini.jpg

Tebow is slaying b****es on some island paradise. Hang 'em up Peytato!

cmhargrove
01-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Vine, you are upset, we get that.

But you are also very, very, very wrong.

I would love to tee off on your opinion, but I understand how upset you are. A critical mind and a little afterthought, and you will hopefully feel better about our progress over the past couple years (which is still continuing). Elway said we would be competitive, but i thought he looked at a three year time frame.

Manning got us to the 1 seed. Manning.
Manning's brilliant season and time of posession helped our defense take the big jump from last year, but it is still largely the same crew.
Manning made us believe we actually had a shot, and we did.

People think Osweiler is ready to take us to the playoffs? Holy **** that's just stupid. He needs a couple years to get things right.

Manning is still our best hope. Let's just fix a few more things this offseason and we will be more prepared.

gunns
01-13-2013, 12:31 PM
You are about as much of a p***Y as Shanahan is when it comes to making aggressive play calls to win games.

Not just yesterday, but all the times when Denver has forfeited possessions by calling running plays on 3rd and 5 - 3rd and 12 type situations. I can recall numerous times during the season in which Elway has forfeited a possession in this manner.

Time to go in a new direction, at qb. Jeff Lewis. Not that I have 100% confidence in Jeff, but I am ready to see what he brings to the table.

Did this back on January 5, 1997 didn't ya

gunns
01-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Thats how I feel. I hope we're both wrong. Fox and Manning aren't exactly known for resounding postseason success. Going 12-4 and 13-3 every year and not winning a Super Bowl isn't gonna cut it.

It's just the 13-3 thing. That's what did it. We've never gone to the SB when finishing 13-3. It's a numbers game. :)

Agamemnon
01-13-2013, 12:37 PM
It's just the 13-3 thing. That's what did it. We've never gone to the SB when finishing 13-3. It's a numbers game. :)

You keep telling yourself that. Meanwhile those of us who aren't prone to magical thinking will focus on the postseason loser cocktail that is Manning and Fox.

Requiem
01-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Vine was also the guy who said we should cut Demaryius Thomas.

Vine
01-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Did this back on January 5, 1997 didn't ya

Gunner, we go back many many years ago, back in the days of the espn Broncos board. You know me well enough to know that I never called Elway to retire after that Jax heartbreak. Just the mere suggestion of it is insulting.

Vine
01-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Vine was also the guy who said we should cut Demaryius Thomas.

A lot of people overreacted after those early season fumbles. I am glad I was wrong about that.

broncocalijohn
01-13-2013, 12:47 PM

Meanwhile:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/1110/tim.tebow.rare.photos/images/tebow-bikini.jpg

Tebow is slaying b****es on some island paradise. Hang 'em up Peytato!

Really? To think Tebow is screwing girls right about now is laughable. There are up to 2 reasons why this is far from the truth.

Requiem
01-13-2013, 12:47 PM
A lot of people overreacted after those early season fumbles. I am glad I was wrong about that.

You were one of the few who took it to such an asinine extend to say he should be cut. This board had an epic meltdown last night. Hilarious to see people so emotionally invested in something where they have no direct impact on the effective outcome. Lulz.

WABronco
01-13-2013, 01:21 PM
Really? To think Tebow is screwing girls right about now is laughable. There are up to 2 reasons why this is far from the truth.

I don't understand. What are you implying?

eddie mac
01-13-2013, 01:26 PM
http://www.samaritans.org/

orangenblue
01-13-2013, 01:34 PM
You are about as much of a p***Y as Fox is when it comes to making aggressive play calls to win games.

stop acting like a stupid idiot.

gunns
01-13-2013, 02:00 PM
You keep telling yourself that. Meanwhile those of us who aren't prone to magical thinking will focus on the postseason loser cocktail that is Manning and Fox.

Oh someone is MAD and focusing it all wrong doesn't seem to be helping. Remove stick and recognize sarcasm.

gunns
01-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Gunner, we go back many many years ago, back in the days of the espn Broncos board. You know me well enough to know that I never called Elway to retire after that Jax heartbreak. Just the mere suggestion of it is insulting.

I know, but there were many that did and it was just as stupid as suggesting Manning retire.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-13-2013, 02:09 PM

Yep - that first Manning "INT" should have been pass interference on the Ravens.

When I saw that call, I thought "hose job ahead" (not that this was the only reason we lost, obviously.)

Aftermath
01-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Ban this *#+@ing retard.

Jekyll15Hyde
01-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Vine with a terrible thread? Just another day on the mane. This should be a poll so we can see Stallion, Agenoname, Beavis, MHM and Vine all vote wanting Manning out.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-13-2013, 02:48 PM
This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

DBroncos4life
01-13-2013, 02:58 PM
This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Scene {Vine in nothing but a Tebow jersey}

Vine[to a mirror] Would you **** me? I'd **** me. I'd **** me hard.

broncswin
01-13-2013, 03:17 PM
We will be tougher next year....don't forget what this FO has done in two short years...strengthen the weak spots(not many) and gel even more with another offseason. Relax, the Duke has been here before, as have the real bronco fans... We as fans know it is tough as hell to win it all, so we put this one in the revenge file and build an indestructible machine that takes out anyone in its path to glory...if you want to jump ship do it now, but don't come back arrogantly showing off your orange and blue, during next years Super Bowl run. We know who you are...Go Broncos!!

bombquixote
01-13-2013, 03:18 PM

Meanwhile:

Tebow is slaying b****es on some island paradise.

They appear to be reaching consensus that his elongated throwing motion will keep him from ever being a legit pro QB.

Archer81
01-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Amazed by the anti-Manning hate. Regular season must have been hard on some of you.

ChrisToker
01-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Jesus Christ a bunch of phucking butt hert Nancy's around now days! I heard Teblow is available lol.$hit happens. We overachieved believe it or not.