PDA

View Full Version : Know-Show Moreno

Vine
01-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Biggest game of his career. And what happens? INJURY. The 1,348th injury of his NFL career.

He is done. Cut this excess weight loose.

B-Large
01-13-2013, 09:12 AM
Biggest game of his career. And what happens? INJURY. The 1,348th injury of his NFL career.

He is done. Cut this excess weight loose.

What was his injury, anyway??

bfoflcommish
01-13-2013, 09:21 AM
torn vag. he hurt it BEFORE td, scored never came back

go_broncos
01-13-2013, 09:30 AM
I just don't trust him..He keeps getting injured..

Beantown Bronco
01-13-2013, 09:32 AM
He only played half the game and still managed to be one of our top 5 players at the end of the night. Keep him. He's cheap and it's not like we have a ton of other options at the position right now......even if we bring in another via FA or the draft.

What last night showed, if nothing else, was he is clearly our best pass protector and safety valve for Manning. Is he ever not consistently open for Manning (unlike our WRs)?

Vine
01-13-2013, 09:41 AM
He only played half the game and still managed to be one of our top 5 players at the end of the night. Keep him. He's cheap and it's not like we have a ton of other options at the position right now......even if we bring in another via FA or the draft.

What last night showed, if nothing else, was he is clearly our best pass protector and safety valve for Manning. Is he ever not consistently open for Manning (unlike our WRs)?

I disagree. It can be justified that the value of him when he is on the field does not outweigh the fact that he is a waste of a roster spot when he can't take the field.

Cito Pelon
01-13-2013, 09:43 AM

Yeah. Balt started blasting the other backs to get to Manning after Moreno went out. Immediately.

Gotta keep Moreno and upgrade via draft. Hillman may be able to add some bulk in the offseason, but still need to upgrade.

Beantown Bronco
01-13-2013, 10:13 AM
I disagree. It can be justified that the value of him when he is on the field does not outweigh the fact that he is a waste of a roster spot when he can't take the field.

Ball is FAR more of a waste of roster space even when he does take the field. Start there. Then if two great RBs fall into our laps in the draft or FA, we can maybe talk about dropping Moreno.

And I'm not even mentioning McGahee, who might finally be done-done. And Hillman, who looks promising in part-time duty, but cannot shoulder the full load. We've got problems at RB right now. And Moreno is no higher than third on that list.

BroncosfanGuy
01-13-2013, 10:19 AM
replace him with adam weber?

Vine
01-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Well, the good thing about losing is that they might actually be in a better position to draft Eddie Lacy. Anyone who has watched Alabama games will know that this is a freaking man-beast.

lolcopter
01-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Blame a player for getting injured

OP confirmed dumbass

Stop making threads moron

DENVERDUI55
01-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Moreno is like thinking you got a chance with a stripper. You know you cant bang her and after awhilewhen you really think you have a chance Bam she takes your money and you didn't have a chance like you thought originally.

Br0nc0Buster
01-13-2013, 10:23 AM
Moreno is the best option we have
He needs to stay next year

That said Hillman put on his big boy pants last night, that was good to see

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm glad Vine isn't our general manager

2KBack
01-13-2013, 10:48 AM
The redskins need to cut RGIII too.

This is silly. We don't even know what the injury is, or if he could have actually played, but Fox thought we could win the game while assuring we have a RB option in the next round.

Let us keep in mind, at no point after Moreno left were we behind.

Best wait to see if it was an injury, or a tweak so he was pulled as a precaution.

DHallblows
01-13-2013, 10:51 AM
If Willis doesn't come back, Moreno is immediately the best RB on the team.

Stop making threads, Vine.

Vine
01-13-2013, 10:52 AM
The redskins need to cut RGIII too.

This is silly. We don't even know what the injury is, or if he could have actually played, but Fox thought we could win the game while assuring we have a RB option in the next round.

Let us keep in mind, at no point after Moreno left were we behind.

Best wait to see if it was an injury, or a tweak so he was pulled as a precaution.

Oh, so you are saying that Moreno is the RGIII of Bronco runningbacks? RGIII had a injury riddled season. Moreno has had an injury riddled CAREER. Big ****ing difference.

Nwp-Apap
01-13-2013, 10:56 AM
Blame a player for getting injured

OP confirmed dumbass

Stop making threads moron

This

lolcopter
01-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Oh, so you are saying that Moreno is the RGIII of Bronco runningbacks? RGIII had a injury riddled season. Moreno has had an injury riddled CAREER. Big ****ing difference.

Yeah one of those players is a rookie dumbass, and therefore a shorter injury riddled CAREER

BroncosfanGuy
01-13-2013, 10:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/tilVF.jpg

RedskinBronco
01-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Moreno is like thinking you got a chance with a stripper. You know you cant bang her and after awhilewhen you really think you have a chance Bam she takes your money and you didn't have a chance like you thought originally.

Hilarious!

DENVERDUI55
01-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Moreno is so much like a woman or whiskey because when you need him the most your left high and dry.

XXXII&III
01-13-2013, 11:05 AM
With that kind of attitude toward women it's no wonder you're single.

BroncosfanGuy
01-13-2013, 11:07 AM
one of those players has a history of knee injuries that goes back to his pre-NFL days. The other doesn't.

broncosteven
01-13-2013, 05:00 PM
We need to draft a RB we can trust. KM was below avg on the ground, he was a factor in pass pro and caught a couple balls including a TD but with the game on the line he pulled an LT.

I am no longer content with McGahee back there either, he misses at least a quarter of the season every year and neither KM or McGahee have shown they can take over gameS or take one to the house. Hillman is a gadget guy who should not be an every down back.

Broncos dude
01-13-2013, 05:03 PM

You hit that right on the money Hilarious!

2KBack
01-13-2013, 05:06 PM
We need to draft a RB we can trust. KM was below avg on the ground, he was a factor in pass pro and caught a couple balls including a TD but with the game on the line he pulled an LT.

I am no longer content with McGahee back there either, he misses at least a quarter of the season every year and neither KM or McGahee have shown they can take over gameS or take one to the house. Hillman is a gadget guy who should not be an every down back.

The way the run game is called in this offense, you aren't going to see too many great running performances. It's about 90% draw plays, and almost always on early downs. We only try to run up the middle (rarely even an attempt to stretch defense out to get some space, despite it being successful when we actually do). Think, when was the last time we ran a stretch run or a sweep?

OABB
01-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Moreno is more like a hooker than a stripper. She offers a great service, but every once and a while, some doucher will take his tiny penis anger out on her for no reason other than he is a worthless man.

manchambo
01-13-2013, 05:15 PM
This is a guy who was completely humiliated this season. He fumbles once and is buried on the practice squad. Does he sulk or mail it in? No. He busts his ass and when he finally gets a chance he runs with an attitude, protects the ball, and really contributes. He played well in the game yesterday, picked up tough yards, blocked well, and made a tough catch for a touchdown. And them he hurt his knee, which is known to happen from time to time with running backs.

If you don't respect what this kid did this year you don't have the first ****ing clue what you're talking about.

OABB
01-13-2013, 05:16 PM
This is a guy who was completely humiliated this season. He fumbles once and is buried on the practice squad. Does he sulk or mail it in? No. He busts his ass and when he finally gets a chance he runs with an attitude, protects the ball, and really contributes. He played well in the game yesterday, picked up tough yards, blocked well, and made a tough catch for a touchdown. And them he hurt his knee, which is known to happen from time to time with running backs.

If you don't respect what this kid did this year you don't have the first ****ing clue what you're talking about.

Or you are a moron. Same thing though I guess.

broncosteven
01-13-2013, 05:19 PM
The way the run game is called in this offense, you aren't going to see too many great running performances. It's about 90% draw plays, and almost always on early downs. We only try to run up the middle (rarely even an attempt to stretch defense out to get some space, despite it being successful when we actually do). Think, when was the last time we ran a stretch run or a sweep?

The thing I noticed early yesterday is we were pulling a guard as a lead blocker and KM was too slow to get through the hole, he over thinks plays and leaves yards on the field. He is a fine BU who can help in the passing game but as a RB you have to count on he is a failure. I agree they needed to mix it up and try to go wide more but KM doesn't have the speed to get around the corner. I was waiting for a pitch to Hillman to pop one outside as the Ravens were playing very tight but having a bigger back who can follow his blockers and has the power to make a guy miss would really help more than a guy who is looking for any excuse to make a jump cut behind the LOS.

The thing that bothers me is John told us all he sold PM on Denver because he was going to extend his career by using the run game to protect him. So far he hasn't been able to.

I like our chances with the great cap space and the possibility of a making a couple trades to add the talent we need to get over the hump but we need to upgrade the RB's if we are going to do that. KM has had his chance and taken a dump on it.

DBroncos4life
01-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Draft Lacy keep Moreno.

2KBack
01-13-2013, 05:24 PM
The thing I noticed early yesterday is we were pulling a guard as a lead blocker and KM was too slow to get through the hole, he over thinks plays and leaves yards on the field. He is a fine BU who can help in the passing game but as a RB you have to count on he is a failure. I agree they needed to mix it up and try to go wide more but KM doesn't have the speed to get around the corner. I was waiting for a pitch to Hillman to pop one outside as the Ravens were playing very tight but having a bigger back who can follow his blockers and has the power to make a guy miss would really help more than a guy who is looking for any excuse to make a jump cut behind the LOS.

The thing that bothers me is John told us all he sold PM on Denver because he was going to extend his career by using the run game to protect him. So far he hasn't been able to.

I like our chances with the great cap space and the possibility of a making a couple trades to add the talent we need to get over the hump but we need to upgrade the RB's if we are going to do that. KM has had his chance and taken a dump on it.

I just haven't seen the same things as you. On the rare occasion we run outside, or pull a guard while actually avoiding painful penetration, KM has broken off his bigger runs. Sadly, we simply don't run those plays, and the interior line can't hold up to that kind of motion. Our run game is predictable, as a fan at home you can predict the run with about 80% accuracy. It's no surprise that it struggles. You'd have to be AP or Barry Sanders to look good in it.

manchambo
01-13-2013, 05:39 PM
I just haven't seen the same things as you. On the rare occasion we run outside, or pull a guard while actually avoiding painful penetration, KM has broken off his bigger runs. Sadly, we simply don't run those plays, and the interior line can't hold up to that kind of motion. Our run game is predictable, as a fan at home you can predict the run with about 80% accuracy. It's no surprise that it struggles. You'd have to be AP or Barry Sanders to look good in it.

I agree with this. I actually don't have that much of a problem with running the ball on 3rd and 7 yesterday. What I do have a problem with is not being the slightest bit creative in the run game. Could we really not think of any variety other than right or left in the six plays we ran on that drive?

Aftermath
01-13-2013, 05:40 PM
worst poster of the year?

broncosteven
01-13-2013, 05:42 PM

It is a power game they pull guards alot. KM is not patient enough to follow his blockers nor does he have the speed to get through the hole, on at least 2 plays early in the game they pulled Beadles and KM hadn't got the ball before Beadles was opening the hole. Hillman had a very respectable game (until the end when the Ravens sold out to stop the run) he finished with over 80 yards, not bad for your 3rd RB.

I would prefer to see them go to a FB in an offset I but that means finding a blocking FB who can get it done. I hope this is something our new OC brings and can convince Manning to run.

Popps
01-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Moreno is a quality back. He adds value to our offense. He's an assent to the team when he's healthy.

But as I've been saying for a couple of years now, it's not about his talent... it's not about who drafted him... it's not about where he was picked....

it's that he can't stay healthy.

Bring him back next year, utilize him in a rotation and then cut him free or sign him to a cheap extension. He'll never be a full-time, every-down back. He helped this team during a crucial stretch this year... but his body isn't cut out for NFL pounding.

24champ
01-13-2013, 05:49 PM
I'm glad Vine isn't our general manager
Agreed.

footstepsfrom#27
01-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Moreno can't stay on the field and I like what I see from Ronnie Hillman. We need a legit every down betwen the tackles runner next year to be on this team and Moreno isn't it. If we can't draft one we need to obtain one via free agency or trade because McGahee's near the end and Hillman's not a 20+ carry a game back.

Beantown Bronco
01-13-2013, 05:50 PM
You can clearly tell the posters that were just waiting for him to either fail or get hurt so they could pounce.....and got a little more upset week after week when it didn't.

Enjoy it fellas. I'm glad you're finding so much joy in this, even though it resulted in us getting bounced from the playoffs.

24champ
01-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Moreno is a quality back. He adds value to our offense. He's an assent to the team when he's healthy.

But as I've been saying for a couple of years now, it's not about his talent... it's not about who drafted him... it's not about where he was picked....

Bring him back next year, utilize him in a rotation and then cut him free or sign him to a cheap extension. He'll never be a full-time, every-down back. He helped this team during a crucial stretch this year... but his body isn't cut out for NFL pounding.

Not many running backs can take a pounding in today's game. Problem is depth, not Moreno.

Vine
01-13-2013, 05:55 PM
You can clearly tell the posters that were just waiting for him to either fail or get hurt so they could pounce.....and got a little more upset week after week when it didn't.

Enjoy it fellas. I'm glad you're finding so much joy in this, even though it resulted in us getting bounced from the playoffs.

You are one stupid ****ing idiot.

Beantown Bronco
01-13-2013, 05:56 PM
You are one stupid ****ing idiot.

Nice personal attack. Way to keep your eye on the ball.

Vine
01-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Nice personal attack. Way to keep your eye on the ball.

Well, if you honestly think that some Bronco fans hoped Moreno would get injured so they can say "I told you so" even at the expense of a possible win, then you really are a stupid ****ing idiot.

Popps
01-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Not many running backs can take a pounding in today's game. Problem is depth, not Moreno.

He's a great fit for Manning. He'll be back next year. He's cheap, won't be able to demand a raise and has great hands. Obviously he's a good blocker in protection which many around here mistakenly have criticized him for. (No basis.)

Besides pissing about who drafted him, I honestly can't understand why he's such a topic of discussion.

Then again, this is the same place turning on Manning after one loss.

Time to shove off soon and check back around draft time.

ozomulsion
01-13-2013, 06:27 PM
My god broncosteven, you've kept your dumbass knowshon bashing mouth shut for the last 6 weeks as he made you look like an idiot for all the crap you bashed him for. You didn't eat any crow like a real man. Now you finally show back up out of nowhere and post a bunch of nonsense about how he can't follow his blocks, too slow, bla bla bla. The same kind of nonsense you were posting before you disappeared while knowshon kicked ass, like the little pussy you are, have been, and always will be. Your avatar makes you look like even more of a F##k stick with the diarrhea you dribble on this message board.

He had 6 yards off his first four carries and 26 yards off his next 6, including his 21 yard TD reception. He was on his way to another big game. It's too bad that he hurt his knee. We used the f**k out of him in the many weeks before that, including 32 rushes and 4 receptions in one game. If you look around the league, he's not more or less reliable than 80% of of the RBs in the NFL. The RB position is constantly injured.

That said, I would love to have an explosive running back with a lttle power, more in the mold of a Steven Ridley, Bernard Pierce, Robert Turbin, just to name a few. Hillman is not the answer from what I've seen, and anyone who thinks we should kick Moreno off the roster needs to kick their own balls.

I was let down by Knowshon yesterday, but I was just as let down by our lame as hell, non-inventive running scheme. We used to use Hillman exclusively on stretch-pitch plays. He suddenly becomes our starter, and we don't run another damn pitch the rest of the entire game. That all makes soooo much sense!! But it doesn't. AT all. The Broncos made a joke of themselves yesterday on offense and defense. A total embarrassment, and I'm so glad we don't have to get our asses handed to us by NE next week.

The only thing worse than us this weekend was Pete Carrol calling a timeout on what would've been the missed field goal to send his team to next round, only to give Atlanta another chance to make the game winning field goal. It was all F#cked up out there this weekend. F%ck me too

Action
01-13-2013, 06:30 PM
My god broncosteven, you've kept your dumbass knowshon bashing mouth shut for the last 6 weeks as he made you look like an idiot for all the crap you bashed him for. You didn't eat any crow like a real man. Now you finally show back up out of nowhere and post a bunch of nonsense about how he can't follow his blocks, too slow, bla bla bla. The same kind of nonsense you were posting before you disappeared while knowshon kicked ass, like the little p***Y you are, have been, and always will be. Your avatar makes you look like even more of a F##k stick with the diarrhea you dribble on this message board.

He had 6 yards off his first four carries and 26 yards off his next 6, including his 21 yard TD reception. He was on his way to another big game. It's too bad that he hurt his knee. We used the **** out of him in the many weeks before that, including 32 rushes and 4 receptions in one game. If you look around the league, he's not more or less reliable than 80% of of the RBs in the NFL. The RB position is constantly injured.

That said, I would love to have an explosive running back with a lttle power, more in the mold of a Steven Ridley, Bernard Pierce, Robert Turbin, just to name a few. Hillman is not the answer from what I've seen, and anyone who thinks we should kick Moreno off the roster needs to kick their own balls.

I was let down by Knowshon yesterday, but I was just as let down by our lame as hell, non-inventive running scheme. We used to use Hillman exclusively on stretch-pitch plays. He suddenly becomes our starter, and we don't run another damn pitch the rest of the entire game. That all makes soooo much sense!! But it doesn't. AT all. The Broncos made a joke of themselves yesterday on offense and defense. A total embarrassment, and I'm so glad we don't have to get our asses handed to us by NE next week.

The only thing worse than us this weekend was Pete Carrol calling a timeout on what would've been the missed field goal to send his team to next round, only to give Atlanta another chance to make the game winning field goal. It was all F#cked up out there this weekend. F%ck me too

Reputation > I approve

Action
01-13-2013, 06:37 PM
That touchdown alone cemented his value to the game.

How many RB's in the league make a play and catch like that?

Adrian Peterson wouldn't.

COWheatGrower
01-13-2013, 06:38 PM
It's hard to believe that nobody can fathom that it's possible to suffer a debilitating injury in a football game.

broncosteven
01-13-2013, 07:24 PM

This is the 1st post of yours about KM I totally agree with.

Al Wilson
01-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Eddie Lacy or Christine Michael please

pricejj
01-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Well, the good thing about losing is that they might actually be in a better position to draft Eddie Lacy. Anyone who has watched Alabama games will know that this is a freaking man-beast.

The Broncos are at #28...the Packers are at #26.

Not that I would consider RB a position of need for the Broncos anyway.

COWheatGrower
01-13-2013, 07:34 PM
but his body isn't cut out for NFL pounding.

Nobody's body is really cut out for NFL pounding. It really comes down to luck.

A full force helmet making impact with a knee cap that sidelines a player has nothing to do with being "injury prone". That injury would sideline pretty much anybody.

manchambo
01-13-2013, 07:47 PM
It's hard to believe that nobody can fathom that it's possible to suffer a debilitating injury in a football game.

Exactly. He plays the highest risk position in the league. They get hurt a lot.

broncosteven
01-13-2013, 08:26 PM
My god broncosteven, you've kept your dumbass knowshon bashing mouth shut for the last 6 weeks as he made you look like an idiot for all the crap you bashed him for. You didn't eat any crow like a real man. Now you finally show back up out of nowhere and post a bunch of nonsense about how he can't follow his blocks, too slow, bla bla bla. The same kind of nonsense you were posting before you disappeared while knowshon kicked ass, like the little p***Y you are, have been, and always will be. Your avatar makes you look like even more of a F##k stick with the diarrhea you dribble on this message board.

He had 6 yards off his first four carries and 26 yards off his next 6, including his 21 yard TD reception. He was on his way to another big game. It's too bad that he hurt his knee. We used the **** out of him in the many weeks before that, including 32 rushes and 4 receptions in one game. If you look around the league, he's not more or less reliable than 80% of of the RBs in the NFL. The RB position is constantly injured.

Why should I eat crow? The guy had 2 good games and finally contributed to the team after being inactive for 8 weeks? In 4 years he only has 4 100+ yard games. He has a meager 3.8 YPC this year.

Why should I eat crow when a guy gets his last chance and doesn't **** the bed? We all know that he is an asset in the passing game and is above avg in blitz pickups, I have always given him props for that.

I understand that guys get hurt and cannot finish games but KM has had only 1 season where he has played a full 16 games and that was his rookie year.

I understand that RB's have a short shelf life, I keep hearing that it is usually a 3 year career, KM just finished year 4 and is looking at year 5 do you honestly expect him to be more than he has proven to be over the last 4 years? What is the saying, Leopards don't change their spots?

Sadly he just cannot be counted on to be our #1 RB, that is not saying it is all his fault, I learned 1st hand that an accident can come out of no where and totally impact your life so much so that I had to totally readjust my life goals because of physical limitations so I fully understand that accidents happen. Hell I have even been in multiple accidents over a 3 year stretch so I know it can happen more than once. I know how hard it is to overcome physical issues and how hard rehab is. I will never have the quality of life I had before my 1st accident and that quality of life had to be readjusted downward again after the 2nd one so don't tell me I don't know how injuries happen. The point I am trying to make here is that I know I will never be the same after those accidents and I have to work harder to physically do a quarter of what I used to be able to. I am more ****ed than an RB with multiple knee issues but to think he can be counted on to be a feature back at this point in his career with the history he has of not being able to finish seasons healthy is a reach.

I agree with Popps that he is just (relatively) cheap depth and if he doesn't produce next year or sign a favorable contract to dump him. I think it makes sense to keep him around for relief, insurance, and for utilization in the passing game.

I don't get why you 2 idiots continue to bash on me for pointing out FACTS about KM's game.

Let me ask you this: would you want our starter next year to be a guy who has yet to break 1k in a season, who has only finished a full season once in 4 years, a guy who averaged out contributes only 600 rushing yards a year (2400/4), who has a 4.0 YPC career avg? Do those type of stats leap of the page and scream TRADE FOR ME! or I am worth a #12 overall draft pick?

I want to be wrong about the guy, I was happy he finally was contributing to the team and helping us win games. I wanted him to have a big game and contribute to a SB win. To say I want him to fail shows what a bitter unfulfilled person you are.

This is an internet forum and we are allowed to offer up our OPINION's and takes. I saw what I said I saw last night from him, you have not commented on my points and have not disputed that he did not follow his pulling guard, was not able to get to or through the hole and that he continued to dance at or behind the LOS.

I said in the game day thread I would have loved to see some outside runs to loosen the D up and keep them honest.

It is hard to ignore the spark Hillman gave us on the ground though. Same run plays, better pop, more discipline, less dancing.

I am critical of McGhee for not being able to be counted on either, I am not hating on one of our RB's. We seriously need to upgrade the talent of that squad if we expect to win a SB next year.

We need to bring in competition for McGhee, KM, and Ball's spots in TC, if they win their jobs and produce then fine but that unit needs to get a lot better. The sad thing is that KM's stats tell the bitter truth of his meager production. I don't hate the guy as much as I am disappointed that he has not lived up to his potential.

Get over it! He is what he is.

DBroncos4life
01-13-2013, 08:41 PM
I don't know how anyone can call any poster out about Moreno. I think both sides are right about him. Also I think there are a number of players that will be available to us this year that will be a upgrade over him. That doesn't mean I want him cut, Moreno should take Balls spot. I think McGahee is done, replace him keeping Hillman, Moreno and Hester.

ZONA
01-13-2013, 08:41 PM
I'd keep KM. He pass blocks well, you saw he has excellent hands on that TD catch. He has not fumbled since his return. Sucks he got dinged up in that game but it happens. By the same token, Vine would suggest the Pats cut Gronk as well since he got hurt earlier this year and then dinged up again in the 1st half of their game today.

With that said, I still think this team needs to draft another RB. Don't think we need to use a high pick on a back. It keeps resurfacing that you can find good backs deep in the draft, just ask the Redskins. But I don't think we can take a change of pace back. We need a back that is well rounded, size, speed, skills, etc. I think we'll bring both KM and WM back but I'd like to see a new face in there that can challenge the starters and also be there if they go down.

After watching all the divisional round games, the one thing I noticed on the wining teams was they had pocket pressure from the middle. We had NONE of that. Vickerson has filled in well but he was supposed to be rotation guy. Ty Warren was supposed to be our inside presence. He obviously got hurt again. That would be my first priority in FA or draft. We need more studs in the middle up front on defense. And I would put MLB and Safety as tie for 2nd biggest need.

Beantown Bronco
01-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Well, if you honestly think that some Bronco fans hoped Moreno would get injured so they can say "I told you so" even at the expense of a possible win, then you really are a stupid ****ing idiot.

Says the guy who thinks 47 + 3 = 52.

Vine
01-14-2013, 07:42 AM
Says the guy who thinks 47 + 3 = 52.

Huh?

Beantown Bronco
01-14-2013, 07:57 AM
Huh?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3779934&postcount=14

socalorado
01-14-2013, 08:07 AM
I of all posters here was one of the most critical of Knowshon.
He played fantastic when healthy for DEN, and is a cheap option next year.
DEN would be dumb to just dump him. Did you people see Lance Ball come
in for 1 play and miss his blocking assignment!?!?
He nearly got Manning killed.
DEN does however need to address the RB position now, and they must do it
within the 1st 3 rounds. They need a similiar RB but one who obviously is
simply healthy and not injury riddled.
Stephan Taylor (STAN) or Jonathan Franklin (UCLA) Jawan Jamison (RUTGERS)

Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers
Height: 5-8. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
Projected Round (2013): 2-3. [/B]
1/12/13: Jamison carried the Rutgers offense this season, running for 1,075 yards and four touchdowns. He averaged 4.2 yards per carry. Jamison totaled 897 yards (3.9 average) and nine touchdowns in 2011. The compactly built back has a nice mix of power and speed. Many compare him to former Scarlet Knights running back Ray Rice.

http://walterfootball.com/college/Stanford_logo.gif Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford
Height: 5-11. Weight: 208.
Projected 40 Time: 4.58.
Projected Round (2013): 2-3.
1/12/13: Taylor was phenomenal for Stanford in 2012 and was the workhorse for the Cardinal's offense. He carried Stanford to an upset win over USC with over 200 combined yards and two touchdowns. The senior followed that up with other big games against the likes of Oregon and UCLA.
Taylor averaged 4.8 yards per carry this year, having collected 1,530 yards and 13 touchdowns. He totaled 41 receptions for 287 yards with two scores through the air, too. Taylor showed three-down ability with his blocking and receiving. Nationally, he is a sleeper prospect who could be a draft-day steal.
8/16/12: Taylor could be one of the more underrated players in college football. Quarterback Andrew Luck, guard David DeCastro and tackle Jonathan Martin have received more attention, but Taylor has been a critical player in Stanford's ongoing success. The underappreciated back averaged 5.5 yards per carry in 2011, rushing for 1,330 yards and 10 touchdowns. He also caught 25 passes for 182 yards and two touchdowns.
Taylor had his first 1,000-yard season as a sophomore, racking up 1,137 yards on the ground (5.1 average) and 15 touchdowns. He also caught 28 passes for 266 yards and a score.
Taylor has a nice mix of quickness and strength. He has three-down back ability as well. The challenge will be for him to maintain his production without those tough run blockers in front of him and a quarterback like Luck.

http://walterfootball.com/college/UCLA_logo.gif Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
Height: 5-10. Weight: 205.
Projected Round (2013): 3-4.
1/12/13: Franklin was awesome as a senior and really helped his draft stock. He averaged 6.2 yards per carry while churning his way to 1,734 yards and 13 touchdowns. Franklin also caught 33 balls for 323 yards and two touchdowns. He has real quickness as a runner and is shifty, but is more physical and tough than one would think.
Fraklin had a huge performance against USC with 171 yards and two scores. He went over 200 yards against Rise and Nebraska. Franklin showed some real power and toughness in the Pac-12 Championship by running for 194 yards on 19 carries against Stanford and its physical defense. It was a very impressive performance.
8/16/12: Franklin ran for 976 yards and five touchdowns in 2011. His sophomore season was more productive with 1,127 yards and eight scores. The drop in yards and touchdowns wasn't Franklin's fault as UCLA struggled throughout the 2011 season.

Smiling Assassin27
01-14-2013, 08:52 AM
keep moreno. what he did this year, and how he did it, was admirable. he's depth at worst. hillman ran tough on saturday, which impressed me but he's too small to be an every down back. let's fill the hole with a stud and let the competition begin.

normally, i'd say km is too injury prone, but what i saw out of him this year tells me he's getting the feel of the pro game and would be a contributor here.

2KBack
01-14-2013, 10:24 AM
I of all posters here was one of the most critical of Knowshon.
He played fantastic when healthy for DEN, and is a cheap option next year.
DEN would be dumb to just dump him. Did you people see Lance Ball come
in for 1 play and miss his blocking assignment!?!?
He nearly got Manning killed.
DEN does however need to address the RB position now, and they must do it
within the 1st 3 rounds. They need a similiar RB but one who obviously is
simply healthy and not injury riddled.
Stephan Taylor (STAN) or Jonathan Franklin (UCLA) Jawan Jamison (RUTGERS)

Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers
Height: 5-8. Weight: 200.
Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
Projected Round (2013): 2-3. [/B]
1/12/13: Jamison carried the Rutgers offense this season, running for 1,075 yards and four touchdowns. He averaged 4.2 yards per carry. Jamison totaled 897 yards (3.9 average) and nine touchdowns in 2011. The compactly built back has a nice mix of power and speed. Many compare him to former Scarlet Knights running back Ray Rice.

http://walterfootball.com/college/Stanford_logo.gif Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford
Height: 5-11. Weight: 208.
Projected Round (2013): 2-3.
1/12/13: Taylor was phenomenal for Stanford in 2012 and was the workhorse for the Cardinal's offense. He carried Stanford to an upset win over USC with over 200 combined yards and two touchdowns. The senior followed that up with other big games against the likes of Oregon and UCLA.
Taylor averaged 4.8 yards per carry this year, having collected 1,530 yards and 13 touchdowns. He totaled 41 receptions for 287 yards with two scores through the air, too. Taylor showed three-down ability with his blocking and receiving. Nationally, he is a sleeper prospect who could be a draft-day steal.
8/16/12: Taylor could be one of the more underrated players in college football. Quarterback Andrew Luck, guard David DeCastro and tackle Jonathan Martin have received more attention, but Taylor has been a critical player in Stanford's ongoing success. The underappreciated back averaged 5.5 yards per carry in 2011, rushing for 1,330 yards and 10 touchdowns. He also caught 25 passes for 182 yards and two touchdowns.
Taylor had his first 1,000-yard season as a sophomore, racking up 1,137 yards on the ground (5.1 average) and 15 touchdowns. He also caught 28 passes for 266 yards and a score.
Taylor has a nice mix of quickness and strength. He has three-down back ability as well. The challenge will be for him to maintain his production without those tough run blockers in front of him and a quarterback like Luck.

http://walterfootball.com/college/UCLA_logo.gif Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
Height: 5-10. Weight: 205.
Projected Round (2013): 3-4.
1/12/13: Franklin was awesome as a senior and really helped his draft stock. He averaged 6.2 yards per carry while churning his way to 1,734 yards and 13 touchdowns. Franklin also caught 33 balls for 323 yards and two touchdowns. He has real quickness as a runner and is shifty, but is more physical and tough than one would think.
Fraklin had a huge performance against USC with 171 yards and two scores. He went over 200 yards against Rise and Nebraska. Franklin showed some real power and toughness in the Pac-12 Championship by running for 194 yards on 19 carries against Stanford and its physical defense. It was a very impressive performance.
8/16/12: Franklin ran for 976 yards and five touchdowns in 2011. His sophomore season was more productive with 1,127 yards and eight scores. The drop in yards and touchdowns wasn't Franklin's fault as UCLA struggled throughout the 2011 season.

Rex Burkhead, RB, Nebraska
Height: 5-11. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.62.
Projected Round (2013): 5-6.
1/12/13: Burkhead mildly sprained a ligament in his left knee against Southern Mississippi and that caused him to miss three games. He then missed four more games in the second half of the season. As a result, Burkhead never was able to get in a real rhythm this year. He averaged 6.9 yards per carry over 98 rushes that he turned into 675 yards and five touchdowns. Burkhead finished the 2012 well with 140 yards on 24 carries against Georgia.

8/16/12: Burkhead, a power back, was an All-Big Ten selection for his 2011 season. He averaged 4.8 yards per carry with 1,357 yards rushing and 15 touchdowns. Burkhead had a quality sophomore season in 2010 with 951 yards rushing (5.5 average) and seven touchdowns. Even though he is a downhill North-South power runner, Burkhead has some receiving skills. He has caught 49 passes for 415 yards and three touchdowns in his career.

Burkhead is known as a hard worker and high-character individual who is active in community charity work. He has the potential to be a fan favorite in the NFL.

Cameron Marshall, RB, Arizona State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 223.
Projected 40 Time: 4.57.
Projected Round (2013): 6-7.
1/12/13: Marshall was part of a committee approach this season. He had 583 yards and nine touchdowns on 135 carries.

8/16/12: Marshall has had a quality collegiate career for the Sun Devils. He ran for 1,050 yards and 18 touchdowns in 2011, averaging 4.6 yards per carry. Marshall has a nice burst with some agility. He moves like a smaller back, but has good size.

Marshall entered the starting lineup in 2010 and had 787 yards rushing (5.2 average) with nine touchdowns. He is a nice receiver out of the backfield with a total of 55 receptions for 459 yards and one touchdown in three seasons. Marshall is a sleeper back who could be a nice value pick.

These are my boys right here....and they can be had later, unless their workouts cause a bit of a climb.

socalorado
01-14-2013, 11:08 AM
Rex Burkhead, RB, Nebraska
Height: 5-11. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.62.
Projected Round (2013): 5-6.
1/12/13: Burkhead mildly sprained a ligament in his left knee against Southern Mississippi and that caused him to miss three games. He then missed four more games in the second half of the season. As a result, Burkhead never was able to get in a real rhythm this year. He averaged 6.9 yards per carry over 98 rushes that he turned into 675 yards and five touchdowns. Burkhead finished the 2012 well with 140 yards on 24 carries against Georgia.

8/16/12: Burkhead, a power back, was an All-Big Ten selection for his 2011 season. He averaged 4.8 yards per carry with 1,357 yards rushing and 15 touchdowns. Burkhead had a quality sophomore season in 2010 with 951 yards rushing (5.5 average) and seven touchdowns. Even though he is a downhill North-South power runner, Burkhead has some receiving skills. He has caught 49 passes for 415 yards and three touchdowns in his career.

Burkhead is known as a hard worker and high-character individual who is active in community charity work. He has the potential to be a fan favorite in the NFL.

Cameron Marshall, RB, Arizona State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 223.
Projected 40 Time: 4.57.
Projected Round (2013): 6-7.
1/12/13: Marshall was part of a committee approach this season. He had 583 yards and nine touchdowns on 135 carries.

8/16/12: Marshall has had a quality collegiate career for the Sun Devils. He ran for 1,050 yards and 18 touchdowns in 2011, averaging 4.6 yards per carry. Marshall has a nice burst with some agility. He moves like a smaller back, but has good size.

Marshall entered the starting lineup in 2010 and had 787 yards rushing (5.2 average) with nine touchdowns. He is a nice receiver out of the backfield with a total of 55 receptions for 459 yards and one touchdown in three seasons. Marshall is a sleeper back who could be a nice value pick.

These are my boys right here....and they can be had later, unless their workouts cause a bit of a climb.

Marshall, yes. Love it.
Burkehead....

Bronco Yoda
01-14-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm thinking the rule changes forcing players to wear knee & thigh pads is a win/win in Moreno's case.

Maybe a high tech bubble wrapped suit would be a good idea as well. Then when we perfect the suit we can super size it for Kuper. :)

2KBack
01-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Marshall, yes. Love it.
Burkehead....

I know, Burkhead doesn't sound like an exciting pick. But he is very smart, a great teammate, is a great receiver, and has a little elusiveness. He is a great fit for our current offense in a committee approach with Moreno and Hillman.

Marshall is a potential 3 down back.

Rohirrim
01-14-2013, 11:25 AM
I agree with keeping Moreno instead of Ball. But I don't want to put the entire running game on his back. Clearly, you can't depend on him to carry the load. I like Stepfan Taylor. I watched nearly every Stanford game. He is a workhorse. Plus, he's a three down back good at everything; North/South power attack, blocking, catching, fakes, etc. Most well rounded back in the draft.

oubronco
01-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Alabama RB Eddie Lacy

Wisconsin RB Montee Ball

Michigan State RB Le'Veon Bell

Stanford RB Stepfan Taylor

Bronco Yoda
01-14-2013, 11:33 AM
I want a big powerful blocking power back to add to the rotation.