PDA

View Full Version : MANNING SHOULD HAVED DEMANDED TO THROW!

wolf754life
01-12-2013, 10:41 PM
On that 3 rd and 7 with everything on the line! NO WAY he should have let McCoy and Fox run the ball there. YOU PLAY TO WIN

Woody Paige article about how conservative lost us this game!

SHAME ON YOU PEYTON, if you were the greatest you would have taken that final shot like jordan would have.....

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_22363612/woody-paige-john-fox-brings-broncos-their-knees

anon
01-12-2013, 10:44 PM
I think we should have passed on second down. Don't have a huge problem with the call but would have preferred we were more aggressive of course... I didn't see Manning discussing or pleading with the coaches before or after.

anon
01-12-2013, 10:53 PM
One other thing: it's not like we were punting the ball away to Brady. Flacco isn't exactly known to be one of the top "clutch" QBs. Percentage-wise it was not a terrible decision, but not one a coach such as Shanny, for example, would have made.

razorwire77
01-12-2013, 10:56 PM
He could have audibled. What are they going to do, bench him?

Wes Mantooth
01-12-2013, 11:05 PM
I think Peyton was fatigued. He looked very tired in OT.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-12-2013, 11:08 PM
I think Peyton was fatigued. He looked very tired in OT.

I honestly think the weather probably had something to do with that. It was a freezer in there today

wolf754life
01-12-2013, 11:23 PM
REMEMBER ELWAY TO SHARPE TO GO TO THE SUPERBOWL ON 3rd down in Pittsburgh?

GUTS, it takes them to WIN!!!

Pick Six
01-12-2013, 11:27 PM
Kneeling, with 30 seconds to go before half, is inexcusable. They were playing not to lose. That rarely works...

Armchair Bronco
01-13-2013, 01:25 AM

IIRC, Sharpe said that in the huddle, Elways called for the "All Thunder" play. Sharpe look at him and said, "But John: We don't *HAVE* a play called 'All Thunder' !!!"

Elway turned back to him after breaking the huddle and yelled back: "Just get open!"

Sharpe did, Elway threw him the ball, Denver got a first down to kill the clock, and the Broncos went on to win the Super Bowl.

That's how it's done!

EDIT: Just researched this, and there *was* a play called 'All Thunder' but Sharpe hadn't heard the play call. That's when Elway told him to "just get open!"

uplink
01-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Isn't it Manning how audibles and picks the final play either run or pass?

I don't blame anyone for the loss, these things happen that is why they play the game. It was the ravens day with a lot of luck plus their O-line stuffed the broncos pass rush all game long causing a lot of problems for the pass defense.

Elway is going to start talking about how this happened to the broncos team losing to the Jags and they went on to be stronger for it winning two superbowls.

spiralism
01-13-2013, 09:44 AM
Manning claimed himself he audibled INTO the run.

BroncsCheer
01-13-2013, 09:44 AM
Manning said in his presser that he called that play in an audible.

BroncoBen
01-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Manning said in his presser that he called that play in an audible.

Well if that is the case then it's on him.. Just like Champ saying last week he was up to the task of playing on a island against Balt. And the pass rush ? Where was it.. The only time I heard there names were when they were jumping offsides.

BroncsCheer
01-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Well if that is the case then it's on him.. Just like Champ saying last week he was up to the task of playing on a island against Balt. And the pass rush ? Where was it.. The only time I heard there names were when they were jumping offsides.

Agree on both points. He'd been checking to runs against the nickel all year long and Balt saw it coming.

No pass rush at all - really disappointing given all of the expectations. A handful of good plays flushed down the crapper by penalties. They looked like amateurs.

Vine
01-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Manning claimed himself he audibled INTO the run.

And thus why I am calling on him to retire.

That One Guy
01-13-2013, 10:22 AM
One other thing: it's not like we were punting the ball away to Brady. Flacco isn't exactly known to be one of the top "clutch" QBs. Percentage-wise it was not a terrible decision, but not one a coach such as Shanny, for example, would have made.

The only thing that would've beat the Broncos at that point was a big play. Are there 5 better deep ball combos than Flacco-Smith? Balt has little besides the deep ball and Ray Rice. It should've been easy to see that at that point in the game, 1:30 was the exact same as 45 seconds. They might burn a play or two but they're gonna try some deep balls.

Not saying anyone could've predicted the error but we weren't exactly giving it to Matt Leinart either.

Hamrob
01-13-2013, 11:37 AM

GUTS, it takes them to WIN!!!Bingo!!! That was exactly what I was thinking when they handed it off to Hester instead! They were playing not to lose! Teams who do that.................typically lose!

Hamrob
01-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Manning said in his presser that he called that play in an audible.Yeah, he did say that. I couldn't figure out if he said it because he want to shut the questions down and put it on him...or whether he really did audible to a run. If he did....then, man did he choke in this game. 17pts off of turnovers and zero opportunity to win the game.

OABB
01-13-2013, 11:46 AM
And thus why I am calling on him to retire.

You should retire actually. You are snail trailing the mane with vag juice everywhere.

Just.

Shut.

The.

Up.

errand
01-13-2013, 11:52 AM

Yeah, but that play happened inside the 30 where punting the ball would have given Pittsburgh the ball at midfield for a potential game tying FG.

Running the ball and punting when we did put the Ravens 77 yards away from paydirt, which is a much more daunting task for them to accomplish.

Here's a thought get out of your mom's basement and apply for the head coaching job of the Denver Broncos....un****ingbelievable.

Vine
01-13-2013, 11:53 AM
You should retire actually. You are snail trailing the mane with vag juice everywhere.

Just.

Shut.

The.

Up.

We have an old starting qb who no longer has the killer instinct he once had earlier in his career, and often audibles into a pussyious call that concedes possessions.

Meanwhile, I am watching dynamic rookie qb in a different playoff game right now. The Broncos have a rookie qb, I am ready to see why Elway drafted him.

errand
01-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Yeah, he did say that. I couldn't figure out if he said it because he want to shut the questions down and put it on him...or whether he really did audible to a run. If he did....then, man did he choke in this game. 17pts off of turnovers and zero opportunity to win the game.

Zero opportunity to win the game?

We had a 7 point lead with our opponent 77 yards away and one minute left with no time outs.....I'm no Sheldon Cooper, but I'm pretty sure the odds of any NFL team winning a game facing those odds is astronomical.

winstoncup bronco
01-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Zero opportunity to win the game?

We had a 7 point lead with our opponent 77 yards away and one minute left with no time outs.....I'm no Sheldon Cooper, but I'm pretty sure the odds of any NFL team winning a game facing those odds is astronomical.

Apparently not, since they did it.

Winning the lottery has astronomical odds, yet people do it all the time. Maybe not you or I, but somebody is.

It's more astronomical to win the lottery without playing, just like it would be more astronomical for Baltimore to win if we had gotten that first down and closed out the game.