PDA

View Full Version : Brady is the GOAT

fwf
01-12-2013, 09:00 PM
If he takes the pats to their 6th sb under him. You wonder if Brady or Elway would have thrown that across the body pass like that.

TheReverend
01-12-2013, 09:06 PM
I came to the same conclusion tonight, too. I HATE conceding it because I'm not even a little bit fond of Brady, but he really is.

Hopefully Aaron Rodgers or RGIII can take up that mantle.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Brady has lost SuperBowls. Joe Montana never had that feeling of losing a superbowl Ever. Montana will always have that on Brady. And Montana did it in an era that wasn't pussified by pansy rules.

Houshyamama
01-12-2013, 09:21 PM
JESUS CHRIST, get a hold of yourself.

bpc
01-12-2013, 09:21 PM
I hate Brady with a passion but he is good. If he wins another he'll be in the top 2-3 discussion. Montana was pretty fricking great. Elway was very very good. Not the greatest though. Manning IMO is below all of them, as much as I hate saying that. Denver really needed a Elway helecopter play and Manning audibled to a run play. He should have grabbed the game by the throat and won it. Gonna be a long offseason.

Rohirrim
01-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Why on Earth would any Broncos fan post that **** on a Broncos board on a day like this, true or not?

troya900
01-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Brady has lost SuperBowls. Joe Montana never had that feeling of losing a superbowl Ever. Montana will always have that on Brady. And Montana did it in an era that wasn't pussified by pansy rules.

Yeah but Montana had some of the most ridiculous talent around him, that doesn't even compare to what any teams in this era have imho.

Meck77
01-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Let's wait to crown his ass. Plenty of football left. **** the pats.

fleetwood
01-12-2013, 09:28 PM
Hopefully Aaron Rodgers or RGIII can take up that mantle.
Not gonna happen this year.

fwf
01-12-2013, 09:29 PM

I hate it but the pats aren't just a dynasty theyre an empire. Go back and look at the last 12 seasons. The wins, records and Super Bowls. if he takes them to the sb he's the greatest ever. You can't make an argument for 18 anymore. Not after tonight

oubronco
01-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Why on Earth would any Broncos fan post that **** on a Broncos board on a day like this, true or not?

Agreed

Amen Brotha

<!-- / message -->

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-12-2013, 09:32 PM
I hate it but the pats aren't just a dynasty theyre an empire. Go back and look at the last 12 seasons. The wins, records and Super Bowls. if he takes them to the sb he's the greatest ever. You can't make an argument for 18 anymore. Not after tonight

They haven't won a Super Bowl in like 8 years! That's hardly an empire.

Last time they won a superbowl Plummer was still in the league.

Rohirrim
01-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Lance Armstrong was a dynasty too.

TheReverend
01-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Not gonna happen this year.

Well obviously...

Blueflame
01-12-2013, 09:39 PM

^^^^^^ This (x1000)

Toshiro Takashi
01-13-2013, 06:31 AM

Free agency and the salary cap didn't exist in the 80s. Teams could keep all their best players year after year after year.

Brady>Montana

OABB
01-13-2013, 06:34 AM
Gayest of all time?

Toshiro Takashi
01-13-2013, 06:36 AM
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/589191/81258890.jpg

colonelbeef
01-13-2013, 08:56 AM
He's Bernie Kosar with favorable rules aiding him. Brady is an absolute statue who wouldn't have lasted 6 seasons if he played in the 70s or 80s.

BroncoBeavis
01-13-2013, 09:01 AM
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/589191/81258890.jpg

****!

Four letter words is mostly all I have today.

Heyneck
01-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Fak Brady!!! GO TEXANS!!!

B-Large
01-13-2013, 09:20 AM
They haven't won a Super Bowl in like 8 years! That's hardly an empire.

Last time they won a superbowl Plummer was still in the league.

Nor since they got caught cheating

Meck77
01-20-2013, 08:56 PM

Like I said **** the Pats.

Well there you have it folks. As hard as the loss was to swallow the best team has won the AFC. Hold your head up high Broncos fans oh and to the clowns that said Peyton needs to hang up his cleats and Fox needs to go....please.

Lestat
01-20-2013, 09:05 PM
i'm a Michigan fan and even i don't think Brady is the greatest.

Chris
01-20-2013, 09:05 PM
We'll be alright. Keep the OF1 engine running for next year.

nyuk nyuk
01-20-2013, 09:10 PM
This is a stupid thread.

pricejj
01-20-2013, 09:12 PM
I came to the same conclusion tonight, too. I HATE conceding it because I'm not even a little bit fond of Brady, but he really is.

...really is awful.

TheReverend
01-20-2013, 09:32 PM
...really is awful.

...yet he just QBd yet another CG season.

Archer81
01-20-2013, 09:37 PM
This board sometimes...

Brady is many things. Vain, douchey, lover of scrunchies and a horrible dancer. He is also one of the top 5 QB's of all time. You have to be purposely obtuse to say he isnt.

:Broncos:

pricejj
01-20-2013, 09:45 PM

paybacks

SouthStndJunkie
01-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Brady is the GOAT

More like Brady blew a goat today.

BroncoMan4ever
01-20-2013, 11:16 PM
I am sorry but all of Brady's rings are tainted. Video taping, tuck rule, Bruschi's illegal radio. Add in Matt ****ing Cassel took that team to 11-5. If a QB who was marginally better like maybe Kyle Orton was the backup instead of Cassel then NE probably would have won the super bowl that year.

Greatest ever? Not even the greatest of his generation.

enjolras
01-21-2013, 01:34 AM
I am sorry but all of Brady's rings are tainted. Video taping, tuck rule, Bruschi's illegal radio. Add in Matt ****ing Cassel took that team to 11-5. If a QB who was marginally better like maybe Kyle Orton was the backup instead of Cassel then NE probably would have won the super bowl that year.

Really? Who is better?

3 superbowl wins, 5 AFC Championships, and 6 Championship game appearances in 12 seasons.

His record is amazing. He comes through in big game situations. He runs the most prolific offense in the NFL.

He's clearly the best of his generation by any metric. He's certainly in the conversation for best of all time.

Blart
01-21-2013, 01:41 AM
Patriots with a crappy backup = 11-5

Colts with a crappy backup = 2-14

That's all the info about GOATs I need.

extralife
01-21-2013, 05:24 AM
the ghost of Joe Montana haunts this thread

DBroncos4life
01-21-2013, 06:10 AM
Really? Who is better?

3 superbowl wins, 5 AFC Championships, and 6 Championship game appearances in 12 seasons.

His record is amazing. He comes through in big game situations. He runs the most prolific offense in the NFL.

He's clearly the best of his generation by any metric. He's certainly in the conversation for best of all time.

His record prior to spy gate was amazing. Also he sure comes through in big games. Hilarious! Adam Vintieri ring a bell? When they lose in the post season now days Bradys QB rating is pretty poor. Right now both BB's and TB's legacy is tuck rule and cheating.

Bacchus
01-21-2013, 06:12 AM
Brady licks the balls of goats

huh??
01-21-2013, 06:27 AM

That's how I think of him whenever the GOAT topic comes up. Especially the Matt Cassel part.

Oh, and the whole douchebaginess thing. It doesn't matter how hot his wife is, there's no compensating for that.

BroncoMan4ever
01-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Really? Who is better?

Comes through in big situations? He comes through when the deck is stacked in his favor. spygate, tuck rule illegal headsets or just general typical Patriot bias and help from league offices and officials, but when it's truly even his record is spotty.

OABB
01-21-2013, 08:47 AM
I'm sorry, but the goat has to be able to perform when pressured by defensive linemen. He is below average against slight pressure.

His offensive line is the goat..I'll give him that.

Bmore Manning
01-21-2013, 08:47 AM
He sure looked great last night. 1TD 2picks, which easily could have been 3 or 4. Scumbag also slid and tried to kick Ed Reed. He's an arrogant cry baby, and his coach is classless for not interviewing post game. Everyone is so quick to point out SB rings, yet Brady has the same amount of SB MVPs as Peyton. Brady is leaps and bounds better now than when he won his rings and he has 0 since then in two SB appearances. They had a stout defense, and a good run game when they got their rings, not to mention the cheating and horrendous calls that helped them get there 3 times. Brady also pads his stats as they run up the score, Peyton does not run up the score and hasn't his entire career. If he took that approach his stats would be unreal.

Peyton also took Indy to the playoffs 9 straight years.. If he wouldn't have had 8 one and dones, instead won one game each year before a loss he would have a 17-11 post season record.

Brady post spygate ZERO SBs 2 appearances.
Manning 1 SB 2 appearances...

I think someone is living off of his tainted past.

Fedaykin
01-21-2013, 08:52 AM
The GOAT doesn't need to know exactly what the other team's D is going to win.

BroncoBeavis
01-21-2013, 09:04 AM

He's not a GOAT because he sometimes underperforms in the playoffs against the league's best defenses.

Or wait, who am I talking about again?

Rohirrim
01-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Could he carry mediocre teams on his back to SBs like Elway did three times?

gunns
01-21-2013, 09:16 AM

^This.

I kept saying we could beat them, with that defense. Too bad we didn't get the chance. The Pats team really wasn't that good this year and when Brady can take a team like that (or even worse) to the SB, then I would say he is the GOAT. He didn't, couldn't. Another QB did that, with 3 worse teams. Amazingly too.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-21-2013, 09:17 AM
He's not a GOAT because he sometimes underperforms in the playoffs against the league's best defenses.

Or wait, who am I talking about again?

Ya cause a 10 play 88 yard go ahead winning TD drive late in the 4th quarter is terrible. Bash Rahim Moore and fox. Overtime shouldn't have even existed.

Kaylore
01-21-2013, 10:02 AM
Brady sleeps with goats.

FrankieTwoThumbs
01-21-2013, 10:10 AM
Brady in qb limiting, ball control, conservative offense with the team focused on defense. Multiple superbowl wins.
Brady in one of the most qb, passing oriented offenses of all time, with productive, talented, and deep receiver options (the moss and welker led attack before, now the mix with the TE's), ... consistent chokes in the postseason, no sb wins.
At some point, Patriot jokes about Manning falling apart in the playoffs will start to seem less funny to them.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Like I told fwf before. Brady LOSES games.

It's cute he edited his Original post to slap Peyton around. Peyton can't win the important games eh? Well Brady hasn't won the important games since jake Plummer was in the league. GTFO thinking he would be the goat.

BroncoBeavis
01-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Ya cause a 10 play 88 yard go ahead winning TD drive late in the 4th quarter is terrible. Bash Rahim Moore and fox. Overtime shouldn't have even existed.

Not bashing Manning. Or even his last game so much. But it's not hard to establish that his best football has rarely come in the playoffs. Unless he was playing against the Denver Broncos. :)

BTW, if the Pats had 14 special teams points on the board last night, they're taking shots at field goals in the 4th to take the lead instead of going for it on fourth down.

OABB
01-21-2013, 10:39 AM
John elway is the goat. Jesus christ almighty.

Miss I.
01-21-2013, 10:45 AM
I think it's too soon to say about him or manning. Right now as a Homer as it stands will still say Elway plus something about his combination of passing and mobility still makes him the kind of guy I want under center and why I am currently partial to both Rodgers and Wilson in terms of entertainment value (too soon to have either in GOAT discussion). With Brady is it system or skill? I think it's both. On pure passer and intellect I'd pick Manning, but Brady is pretty clutch and has the playoff record and regular season and rings giving him the edge for now. Yes he has a great system and some questionable cheating coloring the pic but he's still a good QB in his own right. Montana had a great system and great tools and while I think in the scheme Elway is better Montana is still great. I think of Manning and Brady that way to some degree. If Manning gets a ring or more with us to me the discussion is done. He can succeed in two systems,two diff teams and environs the last closest was in AZ. I think there will be mo question if he doesn't improve his post season record. Either way to soon to say. Manning is my favorite now but I've been wrong many times before. Elway was ours the whole time so I will always love him best.

OABB
01-21-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm sorry, but the goat has to be able to perform when pressured by defensive linemen. He is below average against slight pressure.

TheReverend
01-21-2013, 11:36 AM

He won multiple rings with guys like Andruzzi, Gorin and Neal "protecting" him.

Total number of probowls/all pros for those guys?

DBroncos4life
01-21-2013, 11:42 AM
I highly doubt John Elway, Steve Young, or Joe Montana would have just tossed the ball away on 4th and 4 with a running lane open.

WolfpackGuy
01-21-2013, 11:46 AM
I highly doubt John Elway, Steve Young, or Joe Montana would have just tossed the ball away on 4th and 4 with a running lane open.

That was the biggest b*tch move I've seen in quite awhile by a QB.

orangeatheist
01-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Hey Toshiro! Suck it!

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Not bashing Manning. Or even his last game so much. But it's not hard to establish that his best football has rarely come in the playoffs. Unless he was playing against the Denver Broncos. :)

BTW, if the Pats had 14 special teams points on the board last night, they're taking shots at field goals in the 4th to take the lead instead of going for it on fourth down.

You could do the what if for ravens too. That would just mean more time for flacco to drop bombs. Ravens wouldve had more than 28 points since they would've had more time on offense had pats scored on special teams. Patriots were gonna lose that game in the 2nd half regardless. They put the clamps on their neck. Haven't seen that defense explode toward the ball in a while. Big hits.

BroncoBeavis
01-21-2013, 02:50 PM
You could do the what if for ravens too. That would just mean more time for flacco to drop bombs. Ravens wouldve had more than 28 points since they would've had more time on offense had pats scored on special teams. Patriots were gonna lose that game in the 2nd half regardless. They put the clamps on their neck. Haven't seen that defense explode toward the ball in a while. Big hits.

Yeah, no doubt we could play that game all day. But you can't just take Brady and his 3 rings out of the GOAT discussion because of a bad playoff game or two, yet give our own QB a pass. There's been more than one playoff occasion where Peyton turned the ball over towards the end, sealing it for the other team. Ravens did a good job stifling Brady the second half. He started getting desperate and taking chances. Sometimes taking chances downfield works and you're a hero. Sometimes not so much.

I will say this. If Brady had the kind of physical 'go get the ball' receivers JFlack has, he'd still look all-world. Without Gronk on the field, there's nothing resembling that in NE. Demaryius has that kind of potential for us, but as Gase has alluded to, he's sometimes been neglected when we need him most.

Tombstone RJ
01-21-2013, 02:56 PM
meh, I told everyone here the friggen Pats were beatable, especially if you rattle Brady.

OABB
01-21-2013, 03:13 PM
He won multiple rings with guys like Andruzzi, Gorin and Neal "protecting" him.

Total number of probowls/all pros for those guys?

ok. I will retract and stick to way above average.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-21-2013, 03:34 PM
Yeah, no doubt we could play that game all day. But you can't just take Brady and his 3 rings out of the GOAT discussion because of a bad playoff game or two, yet give our own QB a pass. There's been more than one playoff occasion where Peyton turned the ball over towards the end, sealing it for the other team. Ravens did a good job stifling Brady the second half. He started getting desperate and taking chances. Sometimes taking chances downfield works and you're a hero. Sometimes not so much.

I will say this. If Brady had the kind of physical 'go get the ball' receivers JFlack has, he'd still look all-world. Without Gronk on the field, there's nothing resembling that in NE. Demaryius has that kind of potential for us, but as Gase has alluded to, he's sometimes been neglected when we need him most.

I'm not saying Peyton is goat though. Brady has stunk it up more than one or two postseason games. He's lost one every year for a while now. Excluding his hurt year. 3 is exceptional. Going undefeated in SuperBowls is even better. Still say Montana. I always favor the older QBs as opposed to the new era ones when talking goat. Had these new era QBs played when CBs were allowed to defend and you didnt get a 25,000 dollar fine for ripping a recievers head off. Today's game favors the QBs. Yesterday's game not as much. Could you see a flag thrown back in the day for that tiny slap in the face kaepernick got yesterday?

I didnt hear about Gase alluding that, but that sounds promising for us. I've been on the fence so far with that promotion.

mhgaffney
01-21-2013, 03:35 PM
The problem was not Brady.

He appears to lack a supporting cast, this time around.

No one ever got to the SB without a team.

No one, that is, except for Elway.

Rohirrim
01-21-2013, 03:46 PM

Bingo. One of the most pansy ass plays (or lack of a play) I've ever seen. Brady considers himself a QB, not a football player. John was always a football player first. You're not going to get a "helicopter dive" out of Gisele's little Tommy.

colonelbeef
01-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Zero points at home in the AFCCG /= goat

nyuk nyuk
01-22-2013, 09:47 AM

No kidding. Trolls?

nyuk nyuk
01-22-2013, 09:57 AM
Weighing a QB's worth by number of appearances in the Super Bowl and playoffs is just stupid. You HAVE to consider the quality of the whole team around him. This is brain dead reasoning. We have some rabid Ravens fans asserting that Flacco is better than PFM because of (assuming he's about to have) 2 Super Bowl wins and PFM has 1. These people act as if they've been sniffing cocaine.

You will never see a single NFL quarterback make these types of idiotic assertions.

I've seen a few Colts people tell us this Denver team of 2012 was better than any supporting cast PFM had in Indy. If that's the case, then those teams up in Indy weren't very impressive at all, yet that doesn't offset the blame for those playoff losses there in peoples' minds. To them, it's all PFM's fault, and he chokes, etc. They conflate the QB "choking" with the longstanding weakness of a team overall coming to light in the playoffs.

Elway was trashed for years because we lost 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. There was no consideration of weaknesses in the OL or the offensive backfield. Elway scrambled so damned much because the pocket kept breaking down and half the time he was running for his life. Does that translate to SB wins? Hell no. It was no secret that in those years the NFC simply had better quality teams against us.

TonyR
01-22-2013, 09:59 AM
For anyone still buying in to the "Peyton Manning sucks in the playoffs" cr_p...

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/peyton-mannings-9-11-playoff-record-is-call-for-help/20868/

nyuk nyuk
01-22-2013, 10:01 AM
For anyone still buying in to the "Peyton Manning sucks in the playoffs" cr_p...

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/peyton-mannings-9-11-playoff-record-is-call-for-help/20868/

How many of PFM's detractors actually believe that crap and how many are simply sour grapes butt hurt Colts and Gators fans? I think it's far more likely the latter than the former. Then of course you have the people with lesser QBs trying to puff them up to make them look like they can hang with the big guys (Ravens).

NFLBRONCO
01-22-2013, 10:11 AM
especially if you rattle Brady.

This is why I didn't want to play them. We can't rattle him at all.

rbackfactory80
01-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Scape?