PDA

View Full Version : Matt Prater

UberBroncoMan
01-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Time to dump his $ ass and get a new kicker? Those 3 points removes overtime. Just saying.

chawknz
01-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Prater was one piece of the problem puzzle.

broncogary
01-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Yep. How does a kicked hit a foot and a half behind the ball?

Wes Mantooth
01-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Kept telling my Dad how important that FG was.

KipCorrington25
01-12-2013, 07:31 PM
He's mentally soft, that's what I've decided. Tends to **** the bed randomly and today seemed like the cold got to his head. He's from Florida so no surprise.

DENVERDUI55
01-12-2013, 07:32 PM
My theory was if we score on that possesion and then again after halftime game over. If Ravens stop and get TD game will be dog fight til the end. Fg and score will put balance heavy in Denver favor. IAOFM has been on Praters ass all year that he isn't worth the money and they are right. He definately has yips because that was worst FG attempt I have ever seen. He looked like a 20+ handicap golfer. Yips washed Vanderjact out of the league within a year. Time to move on.

Beantown Bronco
01-12-2013, 07:51 PM
He's mentally soft, that's what I've decided. Tends to **** the bed randomly and today seemed like the cold got to his head. He's from Florida so no surprise.

If he was mentally soft, we would've had 5 wins last year.

bowtown
01-12-2013, 07:54 PM
If he was mentally soft, we would've had 5 wins last year.

This. Say what you want, he's one of the most clutch kickers. This dump everyone thing that is going on right now is a little ridiculous. Prater is not a problem.

Greatspirits
01-12-2013, 08:03 PM
The Tony Carter PI and the missed fg are to two biggest reason's we lost this game, throw in some sh**ty refereeing and that's a recipe for disaster.

Armchair Bronco
01-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Someone needs to light a fire under his ass. Coming off a great season in 2012, this was a major step backwards for Prater. He is no longer clutch and I no longer trust him, either for field goals or for kickoffs.

We should at least have a serious competition for the starting role.

troya900
01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
I don't even understand why Fox tried to kick a 52 yard FG in that situation. If you noticed the whole game kickoffs were sailing out of the endzone when kicked from right to left on the screen and were consistently returned when kicking left to right. Of course that FG was obviously going into that wind and he decided to kick their? Really? Just another in a long line of dumb**** decisions by that stupid **** Fox.

KipCorrington25
01-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Yeah what clutch kicks did he make this year? Last year, yeah, but this year he didn't have any opportunities and missed a fair share... Kicking in the NFL has become so much greater in the last decade or so I'd say he's average at best compared to the rest of the league.

Rohirrim
01-12-2013, 08:29 PM
You don't try a 52 yard FG in that kind of cold. Prater dug it into the ground because he was reaching for all the power he could bring to it. Should have punted.

loborugger
01-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Let's blame a kicker for our lose.

Signed

Brian Kelly

DENVERDUI55
01-12-2013, 08:38 PM
You don't try a 52 yard FG in that kind of cold. Prater dug it into the ground because he was reaching for all the power he could bring to it. Should have punted.

The only reason you have prater is to make the long FGs because he is well below average inside 40. He has lost his confidence and isnt worth top K money. He isn't reason we lost but his 4 plus mil salary easily can be replaced.

DENVERDUI55
01-12-2013, 08:38 PM

The only reason you have prater is to make the long FGs because he is well below average inside 40. He has lost his confidence and isnt worth top K money. He isn't reason we lost but his 4 plus mil salary easily can be replaced.

sgbfan
01-12-2013, 08:39 PM
If he makes that kick, assuming everything else happens the same, balt kick a fg with 3:30 left.

Kaylore
01-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Guys, everyone played bad. You can identify one play from every player not named Trindon Holiday or Britton Colquitt that directly contributed to this loss.

razorwire77
01-12-2013, 08:50 PM
He was inconsistent this year. I'm not going to say omgz letz cuts him, but bring in either the FSU kid or the Florida kid as a UDFA during camp to challenge him? Hell yeah.

CEH
01-12-2013, 08:52 PM
35 points is enough to win a playoff game at home as the #1 seed.

True he missed one FG but Denver's O should have given him more opportunities to extend the lead

BroncoBen
01-12-2013, 08:55 PM

That is how I see it, Prater was trying to put all he had in the kick.. I thought they should have punted as well.. In that cold anything over 50 yards.. Punt.

loborugger
01-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Guys, everyone played bad. You can identify one play from every player not named Trindon Holiday or Britton Colquitt that directly contributed to this loss.

This.

Blart
01-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Time to replace Prater. Not for this night, but for this season.

WolfpackGuy
01-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Reminded me of that Bills game in 2008 when a long missed Prater FG under similar conditions gave BUF life near the end of the half.

Just punt the ball away and play field position since the game was back under control at that point.

They should've never attempted that FG.

KipCorrington25
01-12-2013, 09:33 PM
The Baltimore guy hit what, a 47 yarder to win it so expecting Prater to actually hit the ball instead of the ground a foot in front of the ball from 52 out shouldn't be asking too much.

He choked.

DENVERDUI55
01-12-2013, 09:39 PM
The Baltimore guy hit what, a 47 yarder to win it so expecting Prater to actually hit the ball instead of the ground a foot in front of the ball from 52 out shouldn't be asking too much.

He choked.

Exactly. If you aren't going to kick from 55 and in with him replace him. I already mentined he is below average on 40 yds and paid torwards top of the league.

bowtown
01-12-2013, 09:44 PM

Well aside from having any stats to back this up and being wrong... Sure.

troya900
01-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Exactly. If you aren't going to kick from 55 and in with him replace him. I already mentined he is below average on 40 yds and paid torwards top of the league.

The problem is Fox decided to kick a 52 yard fg into that obviously nasty wind. The kicks that direction were going nowhere (including kickoffs).

DENVERDUI55
01-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Well aside from having any stats to back this up and being wrong... Sure.

Can't believe you would argue against Praters 49-40 percentage. He has been awful there and second half of this year you could see the yips in his body language. Factor in he makes 4 plus million a year its easy to see money should be spent elsewhere.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/kicking/sort/fieldGoalsMade40_49/seasontype/2

Armchair Bronco
01-12-2013, 09:57 PM
The problem is Fox decided to kick a 52 yard fg into that obviously nasty wind. The kicks that direction were going nowhere (including kickoffs).

Reminds me of some of Shanny's play calls that had McCaffrey looking back into the sun. When a coach starts to ignore mother nature (e.g. the sun, the wind) and common sense, then it's time to start looking for another coach.

bowtown
01-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Can't believe you would argue against Praters 49-40 percentage. He has been awful there and second half of this year you could see the yips in his body language. Factor in he makes 4 plus million a year its easy to see money should be spent elsewhere.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/kicking/sort/fieldGoalsMade40_49/seasontype/2

Oh so now we are moving the stick from inside the 40 to just 40-49?

DENVERDUI55
01-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Oh so now we are moving the stick from inside the 40 to just 40-49?

Well I meant 49 to 40 because that is where NFL lockers make their dough. All NFL lockers are good inside 40. Prater is 25-46 for his career from 49 to 40 range. I would like you to tell me how that below average percentage is worth 4 plus million? He has been good over 50 but what is the point if you aren't going to use him from there? Not to mention that attempt in first half was worst attempt I've ever seen. His confidence is shot time to move on.

DENVERDUI55
01-12-2013, 10:19 PM

Except the game winner.

troya900
01-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Except the game winner.

No you are wrong. The Ravens won the OT toss so they received why do you think the Broncos chose to kickoff from right to left. Because the kickoffs that direction were completely sailing out of the endzone. When the Bmore kicker made his kick the first OT had ended and the second OT they switched sides meaning he was kicking with the wind.

DENVERDUI55
01-12-2013, 10:48 PM
No you are wrong. The Ravens won the OT toss so they received why do you think the Broncos chose to kickoff from right to left. Because the kickoffs that direction were completely sailing out of the endzone. When the Bmore kicker made his kick the first OT had ended and the second OT they switched sides meaning he was kicking with the wind.

Unless you are talking different FG the Prater drop kicked fat FG and game winner were going in same direction.

barryr
01-12-2013, 11:50 PM
Prater has done more good than bad, but you don't expect an NFL kicker to kick a foot behind the ball on a field goal attempt in a playoff game. While the Ravens picked up an undrafted free agent kicker and he went on to make the winning kick and had a fantastic season.

Agamemnon
01-12-2013, 11:52 PM
I'm done with Prater. Dude needs to go.

wolf754life
01-12-2013, 11:54 PM
he kicked the ground, expensive kicker kicking the ground? wth?

Agamemnon
01-12-2013, 11:54 PM

THe wind is what caused him to kick the ground on his way to kicking the ball? My mind is officially blown...

troya900
01-13-2013, 12:03 AM
THe wind is what caused him to kick the ground on his way to kicking the ball? My mind is officially blown...

Did I ever say anything about the actual kick? Yeah he obviously ****ed it up. I was talking about another failed Fox decision which seem to come all too often in crucial times.

Agamemnon
01-13-2013, 12:10 AM
Did I ever say anything about the actual kick? Yeah he obviously ****ed it up. I was talking about another failed Fox decision which seem to come all too often in crucial times.

Oh well in that case yeah. Fox is ****. That I agree with 100%.