PDA

View Full Version : Time for Champ to consider the move to Safety

DarkHorse
01-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Thoughts?

Clearly lost a step this year and we could use intelligence back there.

DarkHorse
01-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Moore didn't have a terrible year, not sure what happened to him tonight tho....

Harris & Carter at corner

Champ & Moore? Carter? at safety

tsiguy96
01-12-2013, 06:58 PM
moore's wonderful "pick attempt" made me wonder if he is a real NFL safety

DarkHorse
01-12-2013, 07:00 PM

He plays so much Madden he thought he could rocket pack up there and get it.

broncswin
01-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Moore ****ed up big time....champ just can't hang with speed

Boltjolt
01-12-2013, 07:05 PM

Rahim Moore isnt that good a safety. I was glad you drafted him actually. He was overrated at UCLA and had the one season where he got some gift INT's then his senior season he was average again.

In anycase, this game looked a lot like the playoff chokes we endured when having those 13-3, 14-2 records. They sting no doubt about it and makes the offseason tough.

C-Ya next season.

Ratboy
01-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Rahim Moore isnt that good a safety. I was glad you drafted him actually. He was overrated at UCLA and had the one season where he got some gift INT's then his senior season he was average again.

In anycase, this game looked a lot like the playoff chokes we endured when having those 1-3, 14-2 records. They sting no doubt about it and makes the offseason tough.

C-Ya next season.

You idiot.

Moore has been stellar ALL season. It sucks he decided to make a horrible decision, as he was more than capable of knocking it down.

broncogary
01-12-2013, 07:18 PM

In anycase, this game looked a lot like the playoff chokes we endured when having those 1-3, 14-2 records. They sting no doubt about it and makes the offseason tough.

C-Ya next season.

Moore came out after his junior year.

KipCorrington25
01-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Moore sucks, he'll always be remembered for this regardless of what else he does. That's an Ernest Byner type blunder.

broncogary
01-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Thoughts?

Clearly lost a step this year and we could use intelligence back there.

Anyway, Champ needs to get up in the receiver's face and bump him in the first five yards.

Finger Roll
01-12-2013, 07:23 PM
It didn't help that Flacco had all day to throw. The lack of pass rush is what pissed me off the most about this game.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Champ is no longer fast enough to play corner without help over the top. And Rahim Moore doesn't count towards help over the top. It's time to make the move.

BroncoBuff
01-12-2013, 07:25 PM
And on the day he was named 2nd-team All-Pro. He did not look like the 3rd or 4th best CB in the league today.

But the future is incredibly bright, our free agent picture is excellent.

Too soon?

Too soon.

spdirty
01-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Champ doesn't get to make that decision. As soon as we cut Moore, which should have happened an hour ago, Elway needs to tell him that if he wants to continue to be a Bronco, he will take Moores spot.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Quinton Carter and Champ Bailey as the safeties. Mike Adams as the big nickel. Rahim Moore should be banished to some kind of hellish place, preferably hell.

Lycan
01-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Consider? Someone should nicely make it clear that he is moving to safety. He's just not fast enough to hang one on one with speedy receivers any more.

But he would probably immediately be the best or second best free safety in the league.

Harris as #1 CB Carter as #2 (also probably draft one in the second or third round) with Champ and whoever wins in training camp at the safety spots. Looks pretty good to me, with someone who can get pressure up the middle we would have a pretty awesome D on paper.

Bmore Manning
01-12-2013, 08:36 PM
We would need 2 new corners..

Harris is best in Nickel, Carter should only see spot duty.

BroncoBen
01-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Just goes to show you how many needs the broncos have to draft for..corners, running back, middle linebacker, offensive guards.

winstoncup bronco
01-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Moore sucks, he'll always be remembered for this regardless of what else he does. That's an Ernest Byner type blunder.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-10-l9jWcUzU/UNXTUPpYutI/AAAAAAAAJN0/D7BOh0bv6zI/s1600/bill+buckner+game+6+error+1986.jpg

Boltjolt
01-12-2013, 08:57 PM
You idiot.

Moore has been stellar ALL season. It sucks he decided to make a horrible decision, as he was more than capable of knocking it down.

Stellar? I wouldn't say he was stellar at all and someone who was stellar wouldn't have fans saying cut him. I'm not trying to start an arguement, just never thought he was that good a safety.
That was an exceptional bonehead play but it will only be remembered forever to you guys, not the nation like Bill Buckner. Kinda like Marlon McCrees bonehead play is remembered by us.

orangenblue
01-12-2013, 10:05 PM
stop blaming Moore. Champ gave up 2 TD's, almost 3. He has lost a big step and can't react as fast anymore. He ain't no safety either. We need to trade him.

DBroncos4life
01-12-2013, 10:13 PM

Manning shouldn't throw the ball across his body and try and save a broken play like a rookie.

Bmore Manning
01-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Manning shouldn't throw the ball across his body and try and save a broken play like a rookie.

Are you seriously pinning the game on him?

DBroncos4life
01-12-2013, 10:19 PM

You seriously not going to let him off the hook for that poor play are you? Denver lost now you are acting like Manning carried this sack of **** team just like Tebow did.

Meck77
01-12-2013, 10:20 PM
It didn't help that Flacco had all day to throw. The lack of pass rush is what pissed me off the most about this game.

I don't know what they were saying about Miller during the broadcast but he was in some major pain down the stretch. He was having a hard time even getting up between plays.

houghtam
01-12-2013, 10:20 PM

No, he was pinning that decision on him.

Different.

JonGruden
01-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Ronde Barber did it in Tampa.

houghtam
01-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Super Rod Woodson with Pittsburgh is the more apt comparison IMO.

Bmore Manning
01-12-2013, 10:32 PM
You seriously not going to let him off the hook for that poor play are you? Denver lost now you are acting like Manning carried this sack of **** team just like Tebow did.

That was an incredibly poor decision. He was pressing because the offense was doing nothing. If you have the eye for the game that I believed you did, you would know the Ravens forced everything underneath and he had to be patient in the second half, but in overtime he made a mistake trying to force a throw, give the DB credit he made a good play.

Not sure what your getting at with your second part there..?

Popps
01-12-2013, 10:36 PM
I can't figure out what happened to Champ today. Like someone else said, I hope he was sick.

He was great all year, and honestly looked like he wasn't trying at times today. Just bizarre.

DBroncos4life
01-12-2013, 10:40 PM
That was an incredibly poor decision. He was pressing because the offense was doing nothing. If you have the eye for the game that I believed you did, you would know the Ravens forced everything underneath and he had to be patient in the second half, but in overtime he made a mistake trying to force a throw, give the DB credit he made a good play.

Not sure what your getting at with your second part there..?

Second part means everyone gets tossed under the bus because we lost. Now you know why I want Austin. A slot WR would have destroyed Ray Lewis on those little crossing routes.

jutang
01-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Wonder how much the cold affected Champ with his aging body. He just didn't have any speed out there and it's not like he was getting burned much by other receivers during the season. He was in perfect position on Tory Smiths last TD but his body just wouldn't react to the ball. It's like he aged 5 years over the bye week.

Bmore Manning
01-12-2013, 10:49 PM
Second part means everyone gets tossed under the bus because we lost. Now you know why I want Austin. A slot WR would have destroyed Ray Lewis on those little crossing routes.

Majority of the blame is elsewhere..

Yes a dynamic explosive piece is needed, I didnt questioned that..

Al Wilson
01-12-2013, 11:02 PM

Shut the **** up, Harris played an amazing game. The best corner on this team through the entire season has been Harris. Champ has lost a step and it showed tonight when he was matched up with a speedy reciever. Moore choked as well. This game is so dissapointing, I felt my heart died at the end. We deserved to lose this game. I feel so bad for the team and the fans. And **** you John Fox you conservative piece of ****. You have Peyton Manning and you can't win when your life depended on it.

barryr
01-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Champ needs to go to safety, in part because his coverage skills are eroding against the better WR's and to get Moore out of the lineup. For Moore to make such a poor, idiotic play in a critical part of the game showed he is not a guy to be counted on.

Bmore Manning
01-12-2013, 11:08 PM
Shut the **** up, Harris played an amazing game. The best corner on this team through the entire season has been Harris. Champ has lost a step and it showed tonight when he was matched up with a speedy reciever. Moore choked as well. This game is so dissapointing, I felt my heart died at the end. We deserved to lose this game. I feel so bad for the team and the fans. And **** you John Fox you conservative piece of ****. You have Peyton Manning and you can't win when your life depended on it.

Easy there buddy, I'm very well aware that Harris has played well this season, but he's at his best in Nickel. What I was saying that maybe didn't get conveyed well..? Was IF Champ played safety we would need two new CBs, is that an unfair assessment?

Al Wilson
01-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Easy there buddy, I'm very well aware that Harris has played well this season, but he's at his best in Nickel. What I was saying that maybe didn't get conveyed well..? Was IF Champ played safety we would need two new CBs, is that an unfair assessment?
Chris Harris is a starting cornerback. He is not a nickel cornerback. He should be in the probowl. He has had an amazing season as a starting corner. In my opinion he has had a better season than Champ.

Bmore Manning
01-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Chris Harris is a starting cornerback. He is not a nickel cornerback. He should be in the probowl. He has had an amazing season as a starting corner. In my opinion he has had a better season than Champ.

We would STILL need 2 new CBs! That's your opinion of Harris, and even if it's true we still need 2 CBs if Bailey moved to Safety.

DBroncos4life
01-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Majority of the blame is elsewhere..

Yes a dynamic explosive piece is needed, I didnt questioned that..

I brought up Elam as well and you said that wouldn't work because of Moore. Harris played well and to be fair this is Carters first year starting. Do you really think he played so bad his first year that he needs to be replaced? We are young team at positions that get exploited when you use young players.

Agamemnon
01-12-2013, 11:25 PM
stop blaming Moore. Champ gave up 2 TD's, almost 3. He has lost a big step and can't react as fast anymore. He ain't no safety either. We need to trade him.

He'd be an amazing free safety. You are an idiot.

Atwater His Ass
01-12-2013, 11:30 PM
So is it Champ's fault he's lost a step, or the coaching staff not adjusting the coverage schemes?

Agamemnon
01-12-2013, 11:33 PM
So is it Champ's fault he's lost a step, or the coaching staff not adjusting the coverage schemes?

Del Rio leaving him on an island with a super fast guy running go routes was idiotic. It's definitely not all on Champ. Honestly he's still a good corner but I think it's reached a point where he's just not the shutdown guy he used to be.

barryr
01-12-2013, 11:37 PM
Del Rio leaving him on an island with a super fast guy running go routes was idiotic. It's definitely not all on Champ. Honestly he's still a good corner but I think it's reached a point where he's just not the shutdown guy he used to be.

True, but with the pathetic safeties the Broncos seem to have every year, they wouldn't offer much help.

boltaneer
01-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Stellar? I wouldn't say he was stellar at all and someone who was stellar wouldn't have fans saying cut him. I'm not trying to start an arguement, just never thought he was that good a safety.
That was an exceptional bonehead play but it will only be remembered forever to you guys, not the nation like Bill Buckner. Kinda like Marlon McCrees bonehead play is remembered by us.

Moore has always been overrated, especially by the posters here.

McCree was a much better player, earlier in his career.

Maybe Moore got his big boneheaded play out of the way early in his career though. :~ohyah!:

Atwater His Ass
01-13-2013, 12:53 AM
Moore made some strides this year for sure. His tackling in particular impressed me.
It's just hard to discount a play like that. Pro's just don't make that kind of mistake in that type of game. However with the other more pressing needs on this team (RB, MLB, SS, interior OL, and DT) I don't anticipate his position really getting addressed, but wouldn't be upset if he was reduced to a squad player either.

Armchair Bronco
01-13-2013, 01:17 AM
This was Champ's worst game as a Bronco. The timing couldn't have been worse.

We need some big, young corners like Browner & Sherman. Champ is one of my favorite Broncos, but he's done as an elite corner. Time for him to move over to Safety.

BTW: Our safeties were horrid in this game, too.

ZONA
01-13-2013, 01:36 AM
Champ is no longer fast enough to play corner without help over the top. And Rahim Moore doesn't count towards help over the top. It's time to make the move.

Those are my thoughts also. If we had a bad ass safety helping over the top I would say you could get away with Champ playing CB another 2 years. But we don't have that.

Man this sucks. I just can't get over the number of bone head plays we had today. This game was EASILY there for the taking.

Giving them the TD right before half time and then again at the end of regulation. Absolutely disgusted. I still think we are better then them but in the playoffs, we showed today that even good teams can play well below what they are capable of.

It's going to be a long offseason. I think some heads need to roll. Elway has to make it known this is not acceptable at all.

Punisher
01-13-2013, 05:44 AM
It's the fact that Flacco didn't do anything special he really just threw the ball deep and prayed for a TD And it happened.

Drek
01-13-2013, 06:18 AM
I can't figure out what happened to Champ today. Like someone else said, I hope he was sick.

He was great all year, and honestly looked like he wasn't trying at times today. Just bizarre.

Nothing bizarre about it at all. Champ has finally lost that last step needed to keep up with elite deep threats.

A lot of failure can be assigned after last night's game. Jack Del Rio's decision to put Harris on Boldin and Champ on Smith ranks a lot higher than most people realize if you ask me.

Harris is damned fast and plays deep throws VERY well. A lot of his biggest plays this year game on deep outs. He could have stayed on Smith's hip down the field and challenged him.

Meanwhile Bailey is still a beast at the physical aspects of playing corner and could have taken Boldin out of the game completely.

Mismatching our DBs of our own accord is a failure to assign strength v. strength and it gave Baltimore the edge to go after these big plays.

I do believe this game is the sign that Champ needs to move to safety. He's still a good corner, but one we need to cover up for now. At safety his speed will go from average to exceptional again, he's always been committed to helping in the run game, and at safety he can also be the field general lining up our young guys we're clearly missing in a post-Dawkins backfield.

Move Champ to safety and let Moore and Q. Carter battle next year for the other job next to him. Harris is your new #1 CB, T. Carter can battle for the #2 with a FA or draftee, and Bolden can battle with the loser of the #2 job for nickel. If we get the right guy to compete with Carter we could actually improve as a secondary.

Bmore Manning
01-13-2013, 06:28 AM
I brought up Elam as well and you said that wouldn't work because of Moore. Harris played well and to be fair this is Carters first year starting. Do you really think he played so bad his first year that he needs to be replaced? We are young team at positions that get exploited when you use young players.

Yes, I did not like Elam's fit.. but I didn't like him at SS. I said he is a much more talented physical version of Moore and better ball skils. But at this point Moore who I never liked, should be replaced on the depth chart, for sure! I still want another press man corner and a big physical SS.

DENVERDUI55
01-13-2013, 06:29 AM
I'll give Flacco credit he said there was some luck on that Jones play.

BroncoBeavis
01-13-2013, 08:14 AM
I think the complete lack of pass rush maybe exposed some things that got masked earlier in the year by Vondoom. Not making more of an effort to rattle Flacco is on JDR. Front 4 was getting nowhere. We needed to bring 5 how ever often it took to shake the Flake-o.

Makes me sick that we made him look clutch. See what another AFC championship in Foxboro (blech) does.