PDA

View Full Version : I feel so absolutely awful.

Kaylore
01-12-2013, 06:53 PM
I can't even begin to tell you how terrible I feel right now. It really feels like '96. We should lose on purpose anytime we're 12-3 with one game to play.

Honestly, if Holiday doesn't return two kicks back for a TD we lose by double digits.

The worst part is our best players sucked.

Champ got smoked OVER AND OVER.

Manning gave the game away.

Von and Elvis didn't show up.

And Refs gave the Ravens literally everything.

And Rahim Moore. I will hate him forever. Even if he becomes all world - will hate him forever. I will boo him any time he does anything.

Jetmeck
01-12-2013, 06:55 PM
I understand & emphasize but we were overated and 96 and 05 should have conditioned you to handle this............?

Goobzilla
01-12-2013, 06:56 PM
We choked it away, I'm devastated. Was DT that well covered or was Peyton pissed at him?

Ratboy
This loss is killing me.

So many **** ups in the entire game, it was a shock we were even in the game.

DenverBroncosJM
Running on 3rd and whatever the hell it was sealed it. A completion and the game is over

oubronco
01-12-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm with you i'm so fuggin pissed

Ratboy
01-12-2013, 06:57 PM
We choked it away, I'm devastated. Was DT that well covered or was Peyton pissed at him?

Peyton Manning needs to stop with those 3rd down runs he audibles into. They are awful and rarely work for us.

Conservative playcalling ****ed us over.

Goobzilla
01-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Rahim Moore being in position on a Hail Mary seals the deal. So many chances wasted

fontaine
01-12-2013, 06:58 PM
You know what, life goes on.

It's tough, hurts like hell, but I'm still proud of what this team did and where it's headed.

Our time will come.

bronco militia
01-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Take your pick for the blame......I really hate that the refs were terrible because half the fan base will whine about the next 6 months.

I really don't like john fox..

Al Wilson
01-12-2013, 06:59 PM
I can't even begin to tell you how terrible I feel right now. It really feels like '96. We should lose on purpose anytime we're 12-3 with one game to play.

Honestly, if Holiday doesn't return two kicks back for a TD we lose by double digits.

Manning didn't give the game away. The coaches gave the game away.

Punisher
01-12-2013, 07:00 PM
I want to kill myself

SoCalBronco
01-12-2013, 07:00 PM
It is an empty feeling.....but if you,let a team hang around and have stupid blunders over and over this has a tendency to happen. Perhaps like the late 90s team this team needs a "final lesson" before achieving greatness. They threw away a lot today. They were the best team in the league just,like the 96 team was, but you have to bring it when it counts.

It will take awhile to recover from this.

Ratboy
01-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Take your pick for the blame......I really hate that the refs were terrible because half the fan base will whine about the next 6 months.

I really don't like john fox..

I am starting to dislike what he is a about.

If he wants to win, he needs to go out and get an aggressive offensive coordinator.

razorwire77
01-12-2013, 07:01 PM
To me, this is the worst loss in franchise history. I usually love the draft, love pre-season, training camp etc., but not sure if I can get up for it again.

It would be one thing if Ray Lewis just destroyed things. If Ed Reed played out of his mind and had 2 picks. But Baltimore kept trying to give us the game and Denver just didn't have the heart to finish it. John Fox didn't have the balls to coach to end it. That's probably the most timid, passive, garbage football I've seen at the end of any game. Once the shock wears off, I'll be taking a vacation from here too. This place will be unbearable for the foreseeable future.

ElwayMD
01-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Rahim ****ing Moore is all that needs to be said. If he actually played safety he would have batted that ball down and we would all be enjoying a win.

lostknight
What a debacle. I thought Elway, Fox and Manning were to smart/good to fall into this trap. This team was not prepared. This team had no heart today.

broncobum6162

Correction.....McCoy's gameplan absolutely sucked... we never stretched defense. Ravens sat on short routes all day. Way too conservative.....we needed to pass to set up run....and to run 5 consecutive times to try to close out game was way too obvious. Throw a quick slant, or a pass in the flat after you fake a handoff to Hillman. McCoy has got to go...I've always hated him and if it's possible I hate him more now

Ratboy
01-12-2013, 07:05 PM
What a debacle. I thought Elway, Fox and Manning were to smart/good to fall into this trap. This team was not prepared. This team had no heart today.

Elway does not prepare this team.

This was all Fox, McCoy, and Manning.

We need to be more aggressive on offense.

bronco militia
01-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Someone please hire mccoy...peyton manning is the broncos best offensive coach

broncobum6162
01-12-2013, 07:07 PM
The Refs(if you can call them that) absolutely sucked today and blew calls left and right but we had plenty of chances to put them away and didn't.....Why wasn't our safety playing deep center field? Field goal doesn't hurt us....but it shouldn't have got there. If had grown nads on our offensive play calling and just got one more 1st down....

The Joker
01-12-2013, 07:07 PM
I don't think I could have scripted a more painful loss.

Really sloppy football from us all day, so many dumb penalties.

Von Miller might as well have not been on the field. Champ was a liability. The ten point swing before half time on the horrible FG. Moore with one of the worst plays in NFL history. Manning's INT then pretty much seals the defeat.

Then to top it off there's loads of bad calls by the refs that will haunt me for weeks...

This might be the worst I've ever felt about sports.

I'm completely gutted.

BMarsh615
01-12-2013, 07:08 PM
It sucks to be the team that collapses at the end... We have been blessed with breaks like that in our favor for the past 30 years, it happens.

Was a fun season nonetheless and it truly felt good to be contenders again. On to next year I guess.

Punisher
01-12-2013, 07:08 PM
God Why Why

LRtagger
01-12-2013, 07:09 PM
if its any consolation, new england would have obliterated our secondary next week anyways

orangemonkey
01-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Shut up Kaylore. Our kicker lost the game for us if you consider the pattern. Seriously I stopped listening to the podcasts because you were so stupid. Im sure it has to do with that fact that you worship aliens, I mean Star Trek. Pathetic. You really do suck. I think you, Popps and Drek are the same person. Its a wonder that only you didnt' disappear this past year.

Goobzilla
17 points off PFM turnovers today. Of all the guys handling the ball I thought would hurt us, he was wayyyyy down there. Team loss, nobody really played with fire today.

OCBronco
It hurts, but I don't know if it hurts worse than '96.

This team was playing with house money the last half of the season. We were due for a crappy game, and I was wondering when it would happen. Turned out they saved it for the playoffs.

Anyone who thinks Manning can put the team on his shoulders and win by himself needs to take a look at this game. He's clearly not what he once was, and they need to continue to improve the team around him.

The defense had no pass rush today. Crap play in the secondary. Worst game of Champ's career.

This team needs another running back, a safety (maybe Champ?), another Guard, and another interior passrusher.

Moki01
McCoy... conservative in the clutch. Fox unwilling to be bold.
The Schottenhimer syndrom.

Punisher
I don't think I could have scripted a more painful loss.

Really sloppy football from us all day, so many dumb penalties.

Von Miller might as well have not been on the field. Champ was a liability. The ten point swing before half time on the horrible FG. Moore with one of the worst plays in NFL history. Manning's INT then pretty much seals the defeat.

Then to top it off there's loads of bad calls by the refs that will haunt me for weeks...

This might be the worst I've ever felt about sports.

I'm completely gutted.
this....

Chris
01-12-2013, 07:13 PM
I feel like the little girl in hocus pocus after she gets her soul sucked out.

DBroncos4life
01-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Lucky for us mods will save us from the endless army of trolls. Oh wait

orangeatheist
01-12-2013, 07:15 PM
if its any consolation, new england would have obliterated our secondary next week anyways

After watching today's game, this is what I came away with, too. Don't know if it wouldv'e hurt "less" to be embarrassed by NE next week but it would have been inevitable.

hades
01-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Lemme check. Yep, I'm still pissed...

dsmoot

And Rahim Moore. I will hate him forever. Even if he becomes all world - will hate him forever. I will boo him any time he does anything.

Get over it. This team just got its first real test and they failed. Last year didn't count because the reality was no expectations. This year = Expectations high. Great regular season record which all goes out the window when playoff started. In 97, the team remembered how this felt and it became test No. 2 for them. Go back and listen to some of those guys in 97, especially during the "Americas Game" review of 97. Their resolve was much different and it showed in the playoffs, when those playoff games were tight.

This is not the end of the world, it may just be the start of something better.

Finger Roll
96' was worse for me because I was only 20 and not as good at handling heartbreak. I actually cried after that 96 game, lol.

SoCalBronco
01-12-2013, 07:20 PM
Shut up Kaylore. Our kicker lost the game for us if you consider the pattern. Seriously I stopped listening to the podcasts because you were so stupid. Im sure it has to do with that fact that you worship aliens, I mean Star Trek. Pathetic. You really do suck. I think you, Popps and Drek are the same person. Its a wonder that only you didnt' disappear this past year.

You were just warned to stop attacking people personally while adding nothing of substance. You ignored it.

We'll see you again in 6 months.

oubronco
01-12-2013, 07:20 PM
It's going to be a long offseason and the Teboners are going to flock in here with their BS

BroncoLifer
01-12-2013, 07:21 PM
'96 was worse only because back then I couldn't gain the tiny bit of consolation from popping in a Super Bowl victory DVD.

DENVERDUI55
It is an empty feeling.....but if you,let a team hang around and have stupid blunders over and over this has a tendency to happen. Perhaps like the late 90s team this team needs a "final lesson" before achieving greatness. They threw away a lot today. They were the best team in the league just,like the 96 team was, but you have to bring it when it counts.

I agree too many times the Ravens were let hanging around. A team should lose exactly zero times in any game with 2 return tds. Conservative football killed Denver and they played their C game while Ravens played pretty well. On a side note in 96 the Packers were best team in the league and I always felt they would of handed Elway his 4 th SB loss putting bad SB memories into crippling loss.

oubronco
You were just warned to stop attacking people personally while adding nothing of substance. You ignored it.

Spank that monkey :~ohyah!:

maven
01-12-2013, 07:22 PM
well... there is always next year. very disappointed, but what can i do? im just a fan. see u guys later im off to the beach

Hamrob
01-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Yep....I feel like crap. I can't believe how poorly they played today.

I could see it from the start...they just didn't show up.

The defense was pathetic all the way around. Stick a fork in Champ...he's done. Von Miller isn't even in the conversation with JJ Watt. Miller hasn't been worth a turd in the last 6 games. Watch the film from today...he was jogging around and not even competing. I thought they should have benched him and playd DJW.

Peyton Manning was absolutely terrible....I mean really bad. Not only did he hand them the game with a pick six, a fumble, and an int to seal the deal in overtime...but, he couldn't throw the ball down the field more than 15yds. Not once did we even attempt to go deep with Thomas or Decker. Not once in over 5 quarters. He just doesn't have the ability to do much more than dink and dunk....and he doesn't believe in himself in the playoffs.

The coaching was the worst. 3rd and 7 with 2:00 minutes left and we run the ball. Had we converted that down....we would have ran out the clock and ended the game. To give up and let them have it back with a minute 40 seconds was the worst coaching I've seen this side of Norv Turner!

I don't even want to hear or read what these ass clowns have to say.

How this team can work so hard to get home field throughout the playoffs and not even show up...is mind boggling.

Holliday is the only one who deserves any credit was so ever...

DarkHorse30
01-12-2013, 07:28 PM
You know what, life goes on.

It's tough, hurts like hell, but I'm still proud of what this team did and where it's headed.

Our time will come.

Bingo - good team but outhustled and outschemed by a team that overall wanted it more.
Lesson for Peyton - 2nd and short is an opportunity to fool your opponent with a playaction pass - so is 3rd and short - audibles to a run by a scatback and or a fullback in those situations are mindless - they remind me of Shananan and his fullback dives

broncobum6162
01-12-2013, 07:32 PM
I agree too many times the Ravens were let hanging around. A team should lose exactly zero times in any game with 2 return tds. Conservative football killed Denver and they played their C game while Ravens played pretty well. On a side note in 96 the Packers were best team in the league and I always felt they would of handed Elway his 4 th SB loss putting bad SB memories into crippling loss.

Yup! I agree....rep comin down...I'm in a reppin mood tonight.

hades
01-12-2013, 07:34 PM
I just checked again, and I'm still pissed!

broncobum6162
01-12-2013, 07:38 PM

Buy Bye Idiot!

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Something looked to be wrong with Peyton's arm tonight. His passes, especially in the 2nd half, looked dead. I'm not sure he ever tried to throw down the field the entire game. Maybe there is something to the cold and the nerves in his hand/arm/neck.

*If* nothing was wrong with Peyton's arm, than Fox/McCoy called a terrible, massively over-conservative game.

Definitely one of the most painful losses ever. Very similar to the Jags' loss.

RINGLEADER
01-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Don't take it too hard. You have a good team and will be in the thick of it next season. Even though Manning played a poor game, this loss is 99% on your coach. I couldn't believe he didn't try to get 30 yards with :30 and three time-outs. Just astounded at that decision (along with the running on 3rd and 7 and going super-conservative at the end).

Houshyamama
01-12-2013, 07:41 PM
I feel dead inside.

Greatspirits
01-12-2013, 07:45 PM
It does suck, but we'll back, it just sucks more because we gave the game away

go_broncos
01-12-2013, 07:46 PM
Great game if you are ravens and football fan..
This loss really hurts and it will take time to forget.

With manning as our QB, we will be in playoffs next year.
After that, i am not sure..
Fox is really conservative.His play calling is similar to Marty.
Unfortunately, we can't fire him as we might not even reach playoffs with another coach.

broncogary
01-12-2013, 07:49 PM

Wow.

hambone13
01-12-2013, 07:59 PM
There is no reason for us to have lost this game. We played well. Even when we ****ed up, we won. I'm going to have a hard time with the conspiracy potential. My point being the Ray Lewis factor.

We wooped their ass this afternoon but the schedule of "Goodall" doesn't say it. Two giants collide, one retiring and the other not. I'm very disappointed in the NFL. Your comments don't matter because we were the better team. **** the H's and RL. They know who really won.

spiralism
01-12-2013, 08:03 PM
In this week alone i've lost my job because of lack of work, numerous other horrible personal **** and now this. Genuinely feel possibly the worst i ever have in my entire life.

TheReverend
01-12-2013, 08:03 PM
I want to kill myself

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/21238483/images/1350929100875.jpg

SonOfLe-loLang
01-12-2013, 08:06 PM
I'm ****ing heartbroken. I can't feel my feet. What a waste of a trip and I still don't know which db ****ed up the end of the gsne

Bob's your Information Minister
01-12-2013, 08:09 PM
HAHAHAHA!!!

KAYLORE FEELS AWFUL!!!

HAHAHAHA!

Rohirrim
01-12-2013, 08:10 PM
I can understand the offense (especially the play action) not working because we had no Moreno and no McGahee. I can't remember Hillman getting past the first hit even once in that game. He got 83 yards.

What I can't understand is the defense. Especially the secondary. Champ looked like a rookie. No sacks until the OT? Getting beat deep when you're in prevent? That's rookie ****. It's like suddenly the entire team had been replaced by impostors. I wouldn't be surprised to find out in a couple of days that the entire team had the flu. That's what it looked like.

Bmore Manning
01-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Yep....I feel like crap. I can't believe how poorly they played today.

I could see it from the start...they just didn't show up.

The defense was pathetic all the way around. Stick a fork in Champ...he's done. Von Miller isn't even in the conversation with JJ Watt. Miller hasn't been worth a turd in the last 6 games. Watch the film from today...he was jogging around and not even competing. I thought they should have benched him and playd DJW.

Peyton Manning was absolutely terrible....I mean really bad. Not only did he hand them the game with a pick six, a fumble, and an int to seal the deal in overtime...but, he couldn't throw the ball down the field more than 15yds. Not once did we even attempt to go deep with Thomas or Decker. Not once in over 5 quarters. He just doesn't have the ability to do much more than dink and dunk....and he doesn't believe in himself in the playoffs.

The coaching was the worst. 3rd and 7 with 2:00 minutes left and we run the ball. Had we converted that down....we would have ran out the clock and ended the game. To give up and let them have it back with a minute 40 seconds was the worst coaching I've seen this side of Norv Turner!

I don't even want to hear or read what these ass clowns have to say.

How this team can work so hard to get home field throughout the playoffs and not even show up...is mind boggling.

Holliday is the only one who deserves any credit was so ever...

The tuck rule should have been called on the fumble.
The pick 6 was deflected.
The overtime INT was a bad decision to throw across his body, but he looked like he was desperately trying to make something happen.

hambone13
01-12-2013, 08:18 PM

You're an idiot.

spiralism
01-12-2013, 08:19 PM
This team is dead as far as i'm concerned. It's never going to do it and each season will ultimately end in abject, bitter, total failure, yet i'm compelled to watch it. Supporting this team is like watching Requiem for a Dream, you know it's going to have a bleak, horrible end but you can't look away

SlyEli
01-12-2013, 08:25 PM
give rahim a break. He's young and for all that he's learned and improved at as far as tackling, he hasn't covered all that well this season. He had a similar play to that earlier in the year but the receiver dropped it. It's really the coaches fault for putting him out there...

orangeatheist
01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
One of the worst parts for me is that I talked this up to the kids. Told them I really wasn't worried about today's game but to be prepared to see Daddy eating his socks next week against NE and then chewing his own feet come Super Bowl Sunday. But, I promised them, it was all going to be worth it if we won because I was going to take them out of school to head downtown for the victory parade. They were so pumped. Got them shirts and hats, etc. We were all cheering like mad.

And then this. I feel totally blind-sided. And what a jackass of a dad to look so far ahead like that. Jeezz...

Bmore Manning
01-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Hopefully those of you who are saying where is the deep ball.. Will Rewatch the game and see that the Ravens played Cover 2 with safeties high.

They had many players healthier and returning who weren't there in week 15.

All in all they were hungrier and played with emotion.

The defense should take majority of the blame for the loss. I am still not sure why so many of you love Moore..
Bailey looked old, Moore looked rookie young, Carter is overrated, there was no pass rush, the DLine was bullied all night.

The offense looked bad, Manning was forcing, there was no threat of a running game, they made us play dink and dunk, Decker is more concerned talking to Harbaugh than making plays, there's just not an electric option in the passing game. The Oline was consistently bullied.

John Fox showed his lousy conservative play calling, if he punts instead of that pathetic Prater attempt, we are up bigger going into halftime. Carter's pass interference extended another touchdown drive..

Where's the discipline? Penalties were devestating..

I have looked at the personnel all season and thought the team over achieved.

Bad calls don't help either...

All in all this looked like the team from the first few weeks of the year, still learning and gelling.. Surely not the most complete team Manning has ever been apart of as many thought..

Dr. Broncenstein
01-12-2013, 08:31 PM
This game doesn't bother me nearly as much as '96. That was a true heart breaker. We deserved this loss today.

01-12-2013, 08:32 PM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1494409_o.gif

DBroncos4life
01-12-2013, 08:35 PM
Ask yourself this when you say this game wasn't as bad as the 96 team. Did a one and done damage Elway more or Manning more?

troya900
01-12-2013, 08:36 PM

I highly doubt it. Not with a dumb**** like Fox as coach. Shanahan actually took chances to WIN games. Fox's stupid conservative bull**** when you have a $100m future HOF QB hand off to a rookie to ice the game is not the exception but the norm for him. He cannot change his ways and he will do the same **** over and over. I have no faith in a superbowl with that douche as the Broncos coach.

Punisher
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1494409_o.gif

Go **** your self bob

Kaylore
lol, enjoy it Bob. You guys haven't had much to get happy about, so you gotta take it where you can.

That said, I just went out with my hot wife and beautiful daughter who just gave me a hug, so life ain't so bad.

Cito Pelon
Well, I don't know what the hell. The O didn't score enough. If it wasn't for Trindon Holliday and the ST's Denver never would have been in the game. The O and D didn't hold up their end. The O couldn't score when they had to, and all they had to do was ah hell, bad game onto next year and a good draft.

Mile High Mojoe
01-12-2013, 08:38 PM
I was thinking I'd see a lot more Manning apologists on these threads, It's cool that it's not happening because he doesn't deserve it. It was a total team loss. The D was horrible, no pass rush, Champ needs to consider retirement and Manning committed 3 TO's. Most teams don't recover when you turn the ball over 3 times, especially when one was a pick 6. I'll say it, Manning may have blown the one and only chance to win a Super Bowl in a Broncos uniform today. I doubt it comes this easy next year.

Kaylore
01-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Well, I don't know what the hell. The O didn't score enough. If it wasn't for Trindon Holliday and the ST's Denver never would have been in the game. The O and D didn't hold up their end. The O couldn't score when they had to, and all they had to do was ah hell, bad game onto next year and a good draft.

I agree. Holiday was worth two TD's. Take those away and the Ravens lose going away.

Bronco X
01-12-2013, 08:42 PM
I'm moving on. It sucks, sure, but there's more important things to fret about. I wasn't really worried most of the week and I know there are those who were, and I suppose you can pat yourself on the back for being right, but I'm pretty happy to have condensed all my worry and disappointment to a few hours and be done with it.

Let's just hope in the long run, the similarities with 96 do not end with a first round out at home after a 13-3 regular season with a 36 year old QB. Let's hope we can also talk of similarities to come....

01-12-2013, 08:42 PM
lol, enjoy it Bob. You guys haven't had much to get happy about, so you gotta take it where you can.

That said, I just went out with my hot wife and beautiful daughter who just gave me a hug, so life ain't so bad.

You feel so absolutely awful, though. :giggle:

Kaylore
01-12-2013, 08:45 PM

Actually I'm doing much better. The first hour after a loss I'm pretty upset. I will probably feel "aftershock" sadness for some time, but this was a great season with good memories.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Sure beats being 2-14

hades
01-12-2013, 08:48 PM

I know I do!

and it just started raining and hailing here in Ft Worth... At least my car is in the garage.

orangeatheist
01-12-2013, 08:56 PM

Ya see, the reason it hurts so bad is because the fall was so far. That's something a dirtbag Chief's fan like you just can't understand.

TheReverend
01-12-2013, 08:59 PM

Stop being a dick, Clayton

BroncoBuff
01-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Ya see, the reason it hurts so bad is because the fall was so far. That's something a dirtbag Chief's fan like you just can't understand.

No class either ... couple chefs fans were howling at Sassy on Facebook minutes after it ended.

To be fair, chefs had a long fall ... from 1969 to the rest of recorded history ... :~ohyah!:

Goobzilla
01-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Stop being a dick, Clayton

Good luck with that. The only troll with a free pass on this board, it boggles the mind

Rohirrim
01-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Actually I'm doing much better. The first hour after a loss I'm pretty upset. I will probably feel "aftershock" sadness for some time, but this was a great season with good memories.

I think as bad as were feeling today, at least we can take solace in the fact that tomorrow, we'll look in the mirror and say, "Hey! At least I'm not that loser douche, Clayton! And not only that! I'm not a Chiefs fan!"

01-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Sure beats being 2-14

You know what sucks? Getting Peyton Manning and not winning a thing.

I'll take the Chiefs being 2-14, leading to a franchise rebirth and a talented young QB over doing nothing with Peyton Manning for two years and then rolling the dice on Brock Osweiler.

razorwire77
01-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Geno Smith will suck anus in the NFL. You might as well be excited about drafting David Klinger.

It's gotta suck when your sole enjoyment of professional football is when a rival loses.

Blueflame
01-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Stop trolling Bob. This is the only warning you're gonna get.

troya900
01-12-2013, 09:17 PM
You know what sucks? Getting Peyton Manning and not winning a thing.

I'll take the Chiefs being 2-14, leading to a franchise rebirth and a talented young QB over doing nothing with Peyton Manning for two years and then rolling the dice on Brock Osweiler.

Well to be fair if Peyton plays a few more years, your golden franchise QB #1 pick and Reid won't do **** while Peyton's still here. That being said this Broncos team will not sniff a superbowl with a douche like Fox coaching. How many rushing plays do you need to run on 2nd/3rd down to kill a drive do you have to do before something clicks in your head and tells you "you know I just got a 100m dollar HOF QB maybe I should use him to pickup some of these first downs?" It's apparent that to fckhead Fox that his mind will never grasp that concept.

spdirty
01-12-2013, 09:19 PM
I played powerball right before the game. My numbers were 7, 18, 26, 27, 58, and powerball is 24. I bet I don't hit a single number.

TonyR
01-12-2013, 09:46 PM
I think we really just weren't as good as we thought we were. Don't get me wrong, we were good. But we feasted on the worst division in the league, an easy schedule overall, and really didn't beat a good team all year. Yes, we beat Baltimore. But at the time they were in a rut and had a lot of guys injured.

El Guapo
01-12-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm with you i'm so fuggin pissed

This.

I got back from the bar about two hours ago after spending nearly 9 hours there. I'm just now conjuring up the strength to even approach anything Bronco s related (i.e. this board) to even read what's going on. I'm absolutely pissed, just like everyone here. Not much to say, as I'm sure it's all been said over-and-over by now, but what the motherf'n f! We were not the same team today and I hate blaming the refs (because that seems like a cop-out), but holy **** those assholes did not help us one bit. Guess they want the murderer to be front and center.

Vine
01-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Even if Rahim Moore would have allowed that catch, but geared up to tackle the receiver, the Ravens would have lost 15-20 just sprinting down the field, before they could spike the ball to stop the clock again. Then, they would only have had about 10-15 seconds from the Broncos 15. Just absolutely cannot let him score. If you are not in definite position to knock the ball away, you gotta at least get the tackle at the point of reception.

ZONA
01-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Rahim Moore being in position on a Hail Mary seals the deal. So many chances wasted

The sad thing was, he was in position. He had very bad timing on challenging the pass and it was a poor decision to even go for the attempted bat down or pick. All he has do do is forget about the any INT or bat, stay on the ground and when the ball is at WR hands, just rake the arms and shove him OB. Worst case scenario, the WR makes the catch and they still have to go some 20/30 yards for a TD with seconds on the clock because a FG does them no good. That was such a retard mistake it was unreal. I mean, you're supposed to be an NFL grade safety and you look like a 2nd string high school safety on that play.

01-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Not trolling, just wondering how you guys feel about having your season ended by Baltimore of all teams. I know you hate them so.

This has to stick in your craw.

El Guapo
01-12-2013, 10:15 PM
I think Moore will retire and his house will look similar to this..

http://tacticalip.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/laces-out.jpg

Baba Booey
01-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Physically ill, boys. Physically. Ill.

Simply Red
01-12-2013, 10:21 PM
KAYLORE CALL ME!!!

Blueflame
01-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Not trolling, just wondering how you guys feel about having your season ended by Baltimore of all teams. I know you hate them so.

This has to stick in your craw.

No. It's trolling in its purest, most recognizable form. And it isn't gonna be tolerated.

Br0nc0Buster
01-12-2013, 10:25 PM
I have no idea what happened to the defense

An absolute clown show out there

Champ and Moore picked a bad day to forget how to play their position

Bmore Manning
01-12-2013, 10:27 PM
The sad thing was, he was in position. He had very bad timing on challenging the pass and it was a poor decision to even go for the attempted bat down or pick. All he has do do is forget about the any INT or bat, stay on the ground and when the ball is at WR hands, just rake the arms and shove him OB. Worst case scenario, the WR makes the catch and they still have to go some 20/30 yards for a TD with seconds on the clock because a FG does them no good. That was such a retard mistake it was unreal. I mean, you're supposed to be an NFL grade safety and you look like a 2nd string high school safety on that play.

He was actually in horrible position. He looked at the inside route even though he lad the LBer converging on the zone. He also played way to shallow. Not sure what you were watching..?

And nice job calling me out for saying this game scared me. Looks like they played hard for Ray Lewis after all huh ass? Cha feel?

rtmike
01-12-2013, 10:37 PM

You see, that's where you're wrong. The Chefs have had plenty of seasons with #1 or 2 seed only to lose the 1st playoff game.

What happened to you guys' today is everything what it's like to be a Chefs fan.

Sorry, initially I wanted & thought the Broncos would go to the big dance but softened up to see the killer Ray Ray make it one more time. Cause if he don't we're liable to suffer through a Favre process?

WakeUpCall
01-12-2013, 10:43 PM
On balance it was a good season for you guys, and the last game is never easy. Here in KC we'd have loved something remotely close to this. The Broncos will be back strong next year, and I just hope we can compete with you...

WakeUpCall
01-12-2013, 10:48 PM

WOW, I'm a chiefs fan and I mean this...what a jerq you are...

Finger Roll
01-12-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm so lucky that half my friends are Patriots fans:oyvey::oyvey: my Facebook wall is full of my friends being diks

ozomulsion
01-12-2013, 11:08 PM
To me, this is the worst loss in franchise history. I usually love the draft, love pre-season, training camp etc., but not sure if I can get up for it again.

It would be one thing if Ray Lewis just destroyed things. If Ed Reed played out of his mind and had 2 picks. But Baltimore kept trying to give us the game and Denver just didn't have the heart to finish it. John Fox didn't have the balls to coach to end it. That's probably the most timid, passive, garbage football I've seen at the end of any game. Once the shock wears off, I'll be taking a vacation from here too. This place will be unbearable for the foreseeable future.

96 was the worst loss. This team went out in typical PM fashion. He's 9-11 in the post season, and had many teams as capable as this one. He can thank Bob Sanders for 3 of those wins. All his best games, and most amazing throws come in the regular season. You should not be surprised. Not a bit.

rtmike
01-13-2013, 04:46 AM
96 was the worst loss. This team went out in typical PM fashion. He's 9-11 in the post season, and had many teams as capable as this one. He can thank Bob Sanders for 3 of those wins. All his best games, and most amazing throws come in the regular season. You should not be surprised. Not a bit.

You gotta love it when the rose colored glasses are left at the door. No homerism whatsoever. :thumbsup:

kappys
01-13-2013, 05:00 AM
I feel sick - for all the same reasons as everyone else.

Still for me 96 was the worst loss. Its not often you feel like your team really has all the pieces to win a SB. I did this year and I did in 96 as well. However in 96 we has still never won a SB despite 4 attempts(all horribly doomed), the Duke's career was winding down, and despite optimism for the future(which I still have today BTW) injuries, bad luck, etc. can ruin even the best teams seasons.

eddie mac
01-13-2013, 05:42 AM
I understand & emphasize but we were overated and 96 and 05 should have conditioned you to handle this............?

Overrated my arse. This team deserved to be where it was, it just didn't turn up on the day, you need to bring your A game in the playoffs and that was nowhere near our A game, so many errors this thread wouldn't cover them all.

Ratboy
01-13-2013, 06:01 AM
Maybe this is the loss we need to come roaring back to win back-to-back Super Bowls, sending Manning into the sunset with his 3rd ring!

spiralism
01-13-2013, 07:22 AM
This team will never win a thing. I think this will be the defining moment of the Post-Elway era and it'll be a long time before we ever live last night down

rmsanger
01-13-2013, 07:57 AM
There were alot of problems all over the field from coaching, penalties, pass rush, P_M's costly int....

But the 1 glaring issue is Champ getting rolled, burned, and smoked like a joint all afternoon. He was completely raped on 2 TDs and should have been for a 3rd. He caused a critical PI flag and showed up very little behind.

We all hold this man as one of the best broncos and a future HOFer... However when it came down to crunch time in this man's career he packed it in and fell asleep. I think this says alot about the quality of an athlete and competitor that he is.

Simply he is the Anti-Ray Lewis. Ray is a leader, vocal, and plays with hear and intensity even at an age of diminishing skills and ability. Champ played as a tortoise in a shell that was to scared to come out in the snow. In possibly one of the most important games in his career he played like a Chump.

TonyR
01-13-2013, 08:02 AM
^ Good post on Champ, although that PI call on him was complete bullsh*t.

broncobum6162
01-13-2013, 08:03 AM
There were alot of problems all over the field from coaching, penalties, pass rush, P_M's costly int....

But the 1 glaring issue is Champ getting rolled, burned, and smoked like a joint all afternoon. He was completely raped on 2 TDs and should have been for a 3rd. He caused a critical PI flag and showed up very little behind.

We all hold this man as one of the best broncos and a future HOFer... However when it came down to crunch time in this man's career he packed it in and fell asleep. I think this says alot about the quality of an athlete and competitor that he is.

Simply he is the Anti-Ray Lewis. Ray is a leader, vocal, and plays with hear and intensity even at an age of diminishing skills and ability. Champ played as a tortoise in a shell that was to scared to come out in the snow. In possibly one of the most important games in his career he played like a Chump.

The PI call was total BS. It had to be catchable to be PI....it was long and out of bounds...

BioCore
01-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Lol good post about Champ.... What an idiot

Thank god he's the Anti Ray Lewis, I'd rather my players weren't murderers

LRtagger
01-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Maybe this is the loss we need to come roaring back to win back-to-back Super Bowls, sending Manning into the sunset with his 3rd ring!

We need to redesign our logo this offseason

Cito Pelon
01-13-2013, 08:15 AM
It's a shame Champ didn't have a good game. Why was he playing slot so much? Carter was playing LCB a lot.

theAPAOps5
01-13-2013, 08:22 AM
Man what a game full of suck. I have just warmed up enough to have the loss settle in. **** do I hate Raheem Moore right now. And Champ, man-o-man, what happened last night?

Such a ****ty end to a great season.

TonyR
01-13-2013, 08:33 AM
Overrated my arse.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but although this team was clearly very good they were a little overrated. Our best win was against these same Baltimore Ravens when they were decimated by injuries. We really didn't have any other high quality wins.

Edit to add that the Bengals might have been the best win, as mentioned by Rev in his thread on same subject.

fdf
01-13-2013, 08:43 AM
It sucks to be the team that collapses at the end... We have been blessed with breaks like that in our favor for the past 30 years, it happens.

Seems to me that, aside from the two superbowls, it's usually the Broncos choking at year end. All that happened this year is that the choke was a couple of games later than usual.

fdf
01-13-2013, 08:49 AM
I feel sick - for all the same reasons as everyone else.
Still for me 96 was the worst loss.

I understood '96--Mark Brunell played one of the best games ever played by an NFL quarterback. In '96, we were beat by a one time incredible performance. We didn't beat ourselves.

Yesterday, we weren't beat by anything special--Ravens are a decent (not great) team that played a good (not great) game. The deciding factor in that game was a Broncos team that, aside from their returner, didn't show up to play.

That One Guy
01-13-2013, 08:50 AM
I know it's not a popular opinion, but although this team was clearly very good they were a little overrated. Our best win was against these same Baltimore Ravens when they were decimated by injuries. We really didn't have any other high quality wins.

I think the talent was there but the mindset was not. The team, when it needed to, seemed capable of scoring at will. However, if they weren't in need of points, they would play like trash. That made a lot of games much closer scorewise than they appeared. In the earlier games it was a slow start then they'd get firing and score too late. In the later games, it was good point production early then coasting for a bit.

So I think the skill is there for the team to have won the SB but they'd have to overcome the mental stuff. In ATL the team was incapable of figuring out the D and got embarrassed. In NE the hurry up destroyed them and they couldn't respond. Yesterday Holiday was the only one that brought his A game in the biggest game of the season.

That One Guy
01-13-2013, 08:52 AM
I understood '96--Mark Brunell played one of the best games ever played by an NFL quarterback. In '96, we were beat by a one time incredible performance. We didn't beat ourselves.

Yesterday, we weren't beat by anything special--Ravens are a decent (not great) team that played a good (not great) game. The deciding factor in that game was a Broncos team that, aside from their returner, didn't show up to play.

Torey Smith and Ray Rice. THAT was what Denver had to stop yesterday. That. And they couldn't.

HighCountryBronco
01-13-2013, 09:03 AM
96' was worse for me because I was only 20 and not as good at handling heartbreak. I actually cried after that 96 game, lol.

HAHAHA... I was 18 and cried like biatch after that loss. This loss was no where near as bad as 96 was to me. It hurts a little, about like 2005 AFCCG against Pittsburgh, thought we had a real shot to go all the way both times, but oh well. When the draft rolls around everyone here will be ready and by the time training camp rolls around, everyone here will be Broncomaniacs again.

HighCountryBronco
01-13-2013, 09:08 AM
I know everyone is pissed right now, but I would rather see the Ravens go to the Superbowl than the Patriots. I will not watch the Superbowl if the Patriots make it again.

HighCountryBronco
01-13-2013, 09:13 AM
Torey Smith and Ray Rice. THAT was what Denver had to stop yesterday. That. And they couldn't.

And Joe Flacco. I guess he isn't The Sanchize after all. Maybe it was a fluke game on his part, but he did every thing he had to do to win.

mizzou5
01-13-2013, 10:02 AM
What a drama queen.

wolf754life
01-13-2013, 10:29 AM
you cannot chose what stays and what fades away...........epic bronco choke........that just happened.

TonyR
01-13-2013, 10:38 AM
This defense wasn't in the habit of allowing 300 yard passers or 100 yard rushers. Gave up both yesterday.

Cito Pelon
01-13-2013, 10:38 AM
I think the talent was there but the mindset was not. The team, when it needed to, seemed capable of scoring at will. However, if they weren't in need of points, they would play like trash. That made a lot of games much closer scorewise than they appeared. In the earlier games it was a slow start then they'd get firing and score too late. In the later games, it was good point production early then coasting for a bit.

So I think the skill is there for the team to have won the SB but they'd have to overcome the mental stuff. In ATL the team was incapable of figuring out the D and got embarrassed. In NE the hurry up destroyed them and they couldn't respond. Yesterday Holiday was the only one that brought his A game in the biggest game of the season.

Sure did look that way.

swaiy
01-13-2013, 10:51 AM
While Champ wasnt what he used to be, you guys are acting like Torrey Smith is a scrub.

Dont be sore losers.

Lets be real, if Champ decided to retire and we went into next season without him, this defense would take a major hit.

I guess completely ****ting on players is part of being a fanatic but sheesh. The loss sucks but you guys are out of control.

Hamrob
01-13-2013, 11:00 AM
I don't believe all that crap about being overrated or not as good as we thought we were. I believe when each of you get a strong enough stomach back...to watch the game again....you will agree that we lost this game simply because we were not prepared to play. And, even then, we lost by a fg in OT.

How do you allow 3 bombs to beat you. The #1 rule of any defense is not to let them get behind you. So, why didn't we fix that after the first one. Heck, they even missed one where the guy ran a post and Flacco orthrew him. That's not being outplayed...that's being underprepared and outcoached.

How is it that your biggest playmaker gets 3 balls all day....1 for a TD. By the way he was single covered, and although they had deep safeties the middle of the field was wide open. Terrible coaching.

No, we were the better team. But, the better team lost. We beat ourselves....and that's what's so tough for me to come to grips with. Then, to see how smug that ****ing Fox was in his press conference. I wanted to reach into the TV and slap his assinine old ass!

Hamrob
01-13-2013, 11:06 AM
While Champ wasnt what he used to be, you guys are acting like Torrey Smith is a scrub.

Dont be sore losers.

Lets be real, if Champ decided to retire and we went into next season without him, this defense would take a major hit.

I guess completely ****ting on players is part of being a fanatic but sheesh. The loss sucks but you guys are out of control.Torrey Smith??? So, do you have him in your top 20 WR's??? I don't. He's one dimensional....speed down the field. That's a coaching issue. If Flacco is getting the time to bomb it, you drop your safeties back and give your CB's help....you shut that down....because it's their only weapon and obviously, bringing the safeties into the box isn't working. Any coach worth a turd would have fixed that on the spot. Torrey Smith...is what we thought he was, a one dimensional player who catches bombs if you let him. Asking Bailey or any other CB to cover him one on one....when your Dline is getting zero rush is assinine. This loss is first and foremost on our coaching staff who could not make the necessary adjustments to seal the deal.

Requiem
01-13-2013, 11:07 AM
I don't plan on being around here much after this loss because the board has already went insane. I didn't even freak out when we lost. I took it in stride because I actually expected it to happen. I couldn't find my Champ Bailey jersey to wear all day -- and I think that happened for a reason. Would have been ashamed to have wore that jersey after today. Here are some thoughts:

Chris Kuper clearly wasn't ready to play. Rag-dolled all game and had at least two offensive holding penalties putting is in holes. He sucked it up big-time. He did not have a good game. PERIOD.

I've never seen Champ play such a horrendous game. His performance out there was pathetic. I'm not going to advocate the move to safety, but he blew it in easily one of the biggest games of his career. He should be ashamed of himself.

Rahim Moore **** the bed big time. Absolutely unforgivable.

Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller were non-existent. Sad.

Play-calling was absolutely terrible. How many deep looks did Manning have? We didn't take any shots down field all game. The Ravens forced us into short yardage plays and we couldn't even convert on third and shorts. Lame.

Manning was average.

The Broncos played crappy, undisciplined football on both sides of the ball and allowed several big plays. If it wasn't for our special teams scores, the game isn't even close. At least we have the draft to look forward to. Maybe we will pick a winner.

kcfanxiii
01-13-2013, 11:23 AM

the chiefs don't understand going 13-3 and getting bounced in the first round??? you really don't pay attention.

swaiy
01-13-2013, 11:33 AM
Torrey Smith??? So, do you have him in your top 20 WR's??? I don't. He's one dimensional....speed down the field. That's a coaching issue. If Flacco is getting the time to bomb it, you drop your safeties back and give your CB's help....you shut that down....because it's their only weapon and obviously, bringing the safeties into the box isn't working. Any coach worth a turd would have fixed that on the spot. Torrey Smith...is what we thought he was, a one dimensional player who catches bombs if you let him. Asking Bailey or any other CB to cover him one on one....when your Dline is getting zero rush is assinine. This loss is first and foremost on our coaching staff who could not make the necessary adjustments to seal the deal.

My top 20? Seriously? Its not about stats. Have you watched any Ravens games prior to the Broncos playing them? Did you watch him last year? The dude isnt a superstar but he isnt some 3rd string loser like some of yall are making him out to be just to **** on the team.

I agree that this team was unprepared and the adjustments were poor. Im just not in the business of ****ting on another player because the game didnt end with the results I wanted.

One dimensional or not, there was no answer for him, player-wise or from a coaching standpoint.

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion as am I. I'm just not about to sit here and argue over just that; opinions.

I see things differently but I can understand and somewhat agree with your assessment.

It is what it is.

swaiy
01-13-2013, 11:36 AM
Also, Mike Adams was being used to put a clamp on the passes to the TE because the LBs werent getting it done. It was a catch 22.

NUB
01-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Pretty sure Champ was supposed to have safety coverage there. You usually don't run 60 yards downfield solo.

Randall Flagg
01-13-2013, 01:18 PM
the chiefs don't understand going 13-3 and getting bounced in the first round??? you really don't pay attention.

I've seen the same thing happen with nearly every team in the NFL.

My take is the same that it has been since I became a fan of football waaayyyy back in the dark ages. The bye-week (for most teams) is usually the kiss of death. Guys are in the habit of preparing each week. They're in the habit of healing from the previous week and getting read for the next Sunday. To take a week off throws off that rhythm. It seems to me like 90% of the teams coming off bye-weeks usually take it on the chin.

Unfortunately, however, the Broncos are falling into that very same trap that KC fell into with Joe Montana. Joe was an aging superstar that finished out his career in KC and, for the most part, simply sold tickets. He and Marcus Allen solidified the fan base, made a boat load of money for Hunt and that's about it.

Remember. Peyton is 36. Not 26. Exactly how many more years do we think he has??

Broncos dude
01-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Man that loss stilll hurts . If Moore is still on the roster next year I will be shocked

SonOfLe-loLang
01-13-2013, 04:16 PM
I've seen the same thing happen with nearly every team in the NFL.

My take is the same that it has been since I became a fan of football waaayyyy back in the dark ages. The bye-week (for most teams) is usually the kiss of death. Guys are in the habit of preparing each week. They're in the habit of healing from the previous week and getting read for the next Sunday. To take a week off throws off that rhythm. It seems to me like 90% of the teams coming off bye-weeks usually take it on the chin.

Unfortunately, however, the Broncos are falling into that very same trap that KC fell into with Joe Montana. Joe was an aging superstar that finished out his career in KC and, for the most part, simply sold tickets. He and Marcus Allen solidified the fan base, made a boat load of money for Hunt and that's about it.

Remember. Peyton is 36. Not 26. Exactly how many more years do we think he has??

two-three more

Bmore Manning
01-13-2013, 04:19 PM
I don't plan on being around here much after this loss because the board has already went insane. I didn't even freak out when we lost. I took it in stride because I actually expected it to happen. I couldn't find my Champ Bailey jersey to wear all day -- and I think that happened for a reason. Would have been ashamed to have wore that jersey after today. Here are some thoughts:

Chris Kuper clearly wasn't ready to play. Rag-dolled all game and had at least two offensive holding penalties putting is in holes. He sucked it up big-time. He did not have a good game. PERIOD.

I've never seen Champ play such a horrendous game. His performance out there was pathetic. I'm not going to advocate the move to safety, but he blew it in easily one of the biggest games of his career. He should be ashamed of himself.

Rahim Moore **** the bed big time. Absolutely unforgivable.

Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller were non-existent. Sad.

Play-calling was absolutely terrible. How many deep looks did Manning have? We didn't take any shots down field all game. The Ravens forced us into short yardage plays and we couldn't even convert on third and shorts. Lame.

Manning was average.

The Broncos played crappy, undisciplined football on both sides of the ball and allowed several big plays. If it wasn't for our special teams scores, the game isn't even close. At least we have the draft to look forward to. Maybe we will pick a winner.

I think this sums it up pretty well, hopefully you will still talk on the draft forum, we have prospects to discuss.

BroncoBen
01-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Man that loss stilll hurts . If Moore is still on the roster next year I will be shocked

Moore had a pretty good season, just had a bad play. Is it all on him ? I dont think so.. Where was the pass rush ? Didn't hear Von Miller, Dumerville, or Wolfs name once.. Well if you don't count jumping offsides.

Sarg
01-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Chump Bailey is the reason the Bronco's lost yesterday!!!

DBroncos4life
01-13-2013, 04:22 PM
I think this sums it up pretty well, hopefully you will still talk on the draft forum, we have prospects to discuss.

That is going to be the only forum worth posting in. Problem is now that it's off season mode it spills over to the main page and very few people go there.

Bmore Manning
01-13-2013, 04:27 PM
That is going to be the only forum worth posting in. Problem is now that it's off season mode it spills over to the main page and very few people go there.

Well majority of the posters probably don't get into the draft like we do. But we have plenty to talk about!

swaiy
01-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Chump Bailey is the reason the Bronco's lost yesterday!!!

So which banned account do you usually use to post from?

Hulamau
01-13-2013, 04:34 PM

Totally agree SoCal,

As heartbreaking as this was, this is a mostly young team and Elway knows just what they are going through and what to say to them to get them re-focused on next year and feed off this painful loss. Same thing happened to him and that 13-3 team in 1996 when he was 36 ... like Manning is.

They added a few more key cogs in the wheel of greatness back then and let that bitter loss to a good team motivate them to achieve true greatness the next two years!

That 19967 team was also clearly superior to the Jags on most Sundays and those Broncos would easily beat those Jags 9 times out of 10 even on the other team's turf .. as we would the Ravens when playing more like the 2012 Broncos.

Listening to the players today as the packed up their lockers to leave and guys like Von, they will turn this devastated feeling into anger and then determination to not let this happen again.

Manning and the whole offense will work especially hard in the offseason and be notably more tight and in-sync next year... its a freakin shame we couldnt complete the deal this year too , but with a lot of young guys and some of them making mistakes and no doubt thinking past the Ravens, just a little at least, they learned a hard but valuable lesson yesterday!

If this propels us to back to back SB wins like the last time this happened with such a promising and up and coming team (unlike 2005 which was a one and done type team) then we will all look back on this game as a necessary even though bitter pill to have to swallow to get that hard edge needed to storm the castle gate for real...

Go Broncos!

DBroncos4life
01-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Well majority of the posters probably don't get into the draft like we do. But we have plenty to talk about!

If things don't improve here I won't be posting much either. Between McD/Cuter and Tebow I don't think I want to stick around for another off season like that.

Broncos dude
01-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Moore had a pretty good season, just had a bad play. Is it all on him ? I dont think so.. Where was the pass rush ? Didn't hear Von Miller, Dumerville, or Wolfs name once.. Well if you don't count jumping offsides.

Good season. I guess you nd I were watching 2 totally different teams this year bud. TEs killed us this year just like last year. I dont put all the blame on him , but damn he didn't help !

TheReverend
01-13-2013, 04:45 PM
If things don't improve here I won't be posting much either. Between McD/Cuter and Tebow I don't think I want to stick around for another off season like that.

Lies. That's the kind of discord that'll get you posting big again.

Hulamau
01-13-2013, 04:57 PM

Moore screwed the pooch on that play as did Tony Carter even though his initial assigment was on the inside.

But neither Moore nor Carter should have even been in a position of blame or heroics on that play which should NEVER have happened in a million years if only Foxy had shown some intelligence, common sense and a little courage to allow our HOF QB to WIN THE GAME when it was clearly on the line and we just needed a first down.

I'll live or die any day of the week and be happy with letting Manning run the show in that position, especially when the Ravens were fagging a bit and their season was slipping away and Manning had gotten back in the passing groove hte last 91 yard drive for a score.. Not to mention when were were down to our 3rd and 4th string RBs. Did Foxy really think we were going to get two first downs in a row with 3 up the middle plays!?!

I almost wish we had not scored on that last drive and it was up to Manning to drive us down and score for the lead and win with only 2:20 left at that point rather than with 7 minutes left as it happened.

Then Fox would have stayed the hell out of it and let Manning be Manning and win this game outright rather than taking the ball out of his hands because Foxy was too afraid of losing with an unlikely mistake in the passing game when just needing a first down, that he insured snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with a weak scared abdication call to try a few runs up the middle to burn a little time before punting.

I wont forgive Foxy this error until and unless he at least acknowledges his huge mistake and thus shows ANY sign that he realizes his too conservative tendency at the end of games is NOT a winning strategy in playoff caliber football!

NO way I would want to fire him .. that is ludicrous.. but Elway very much should dress him down and challenge him to own up to his own short comings and get someone else to make those kind of calls in crunch time in the future.

Fox should not ever even had the keys to such decision making at the end of games. He lacks the flexibility and open-mindedness to make the right call at the right time. Let him do what he does best, but dont expect a cat to suddenly start barking on cue!

TonyR
01-13-2013, 05:04 PM
^Hula, I understand the sentiment about passing on that last 3rd down in regulation. Many seem to share it. I tend to disagree and think they made the high percentage decision there. The odds of scoring a TD in 1:15 from 80 yards with not TOs is extremely low. Plenty of coaching decisions to question, but I'm not sure this is one of them. Shouldn't have allowed that play under any circumstances. Massive failure by the defensive backfield.

go_broncos
01-13-2013, 05:05 PM
Moore screwed the pooch on that play as did Tony Carter even though his initial assigment was on the inside.

But neither Moore nor Carter should have even been in a position of blame or heroics on that play which should NEVER have happened in a million years if only Foxy had shown some intelligence, common sense and a little courage to allow our HOF QB to WIN THE GAME when it was clearly on the line and we just needed a first down.

I'll live or die any day of the week, especially when the Ravens were fagging a bit and their season was slipping away and Manning had gotten back in the passing groove hte last 91 yard drive for a score..

I almost wish we had not scored on that last drive and it was up to Manning to drive us down and score with only 2:20 left at that point rather than with 7 minutes left.

Then Fox would have stayed the hell out of it and let Manning be Manning and win this game outright rather than taking the ball out of his hands because Foxy was too afraid of losing with an unlikely mistake in the passing game when just needing a first down, that he insured snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with a weak scared abdication call to try a few runs up the middle to burn a little time before punting.

I wont forgive Foxy this error until and unless he at least acknowledges his huge mistake and thus shows ANY sign that he realizes his too conservative tendency at the end of games is NOT a winning strategy in playoff caliber football!

NO way I would want to fire him .. that is ludicrous.. but Elway very much should dress him down and challenge him to own up to his own short comings and get someone else to make those kind of calls in crunch time in the future.

Fox should not ever even had the keys to such decision making at the end of games. He lacks the flexibility and open-mindedness to make the right call at the right time. Let him do what he does best, but dont expect a cat to suddenly start barking on cue!

All coaches have Ego.They are not going to change.
Marty lost more games than Fox by playing conservative.
He kept doing the same thing until he was fired.
The same can be said to shanny who kept ignoring the defensive line.
Their philosophy will never change.

The same can be said about players like cutler, favre.They will continue to take risk irrespective of the situation.

Punisher
01-13-2013, 05:16 PM
If you want to feel sick to your stomach Watch this .......

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0Zlh4V2HzmE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncobum6162
01-13-2013, 05:27 PM

I'll live or die any day of the week and be happy with letting Manning run the show in that position, especially when the Ravens were fagging a bit and their season was slipping away and Manning had gotten back in the passing groove hte last 91 yard drive for a score.. Not to mention when were were down to our 3rd and 4th string RBs. Did Foxy really think we were going to get two first downs in a row with 3 up the middle plays!?!

I almost wish we had not scored on that last drive and it was up to Manning to drive us down and score for the lead and win with only 2:20 left at that point rather than with 7 minutes left as it happened.

Insert McCoy wherever Fox is in your sentences...He calls the offensive plays

Requiem
01-13-2013, 05:59 PM

I'll definitely pop in to do that. Senior Bowl week is on the way and that is always a highlight of the early sports year. There is going to be a lot of good things to discuss on that end.

Really, I want to just focus on how we can make this team better going forward. There are going to be a lot of crazed threads out there calling for heads to roll, but we had a pretty successful season and had good success. We clearly have deficiencies that need to be improved and I think this off-season will allow us to do that.

I'm always excited for the draft, but it would be interesting to see if we will make any big FA splashes or go the trade route to acquire talent on our roster. Never know what can happen.

wolf754life
01-13-2013, 06:08 PM
hear that, the silence is deafening......................

Drunk Monkey
01-13-2013, 09:29 PM
It's been 24 hours, have most of you back off the ledge yet? Or do we still want to fire Fox, cut Manning and trade Champ ect.

go_broncos
01-13-2013, 09:40 PM
It's been 24 hours, have most of you back off the ledge yet? Or do we still want to fire Fox, cut Manning and trade Champ ect.

Posters here still discuss about 96 loss..This loss is similar to that one..
We simply choked..This loss will never be forgotten..

I lost confidence in Fox and manning..That combination is not going to work

extralife
01-13-2013, 09:49 PM
I was at this game, man. I haven't been back home since it ended until just about an hour ago, so I haven't read nothing. This one just hurts so bad. So so bad. I don't even know what to do. There is nothing to say.

Taco John
01-13-2013, 10:13 PM
I've been having a hard time putting my thoughts together after this loss. I don't think it's quite as painful at the Jags loss... Not nearly. We had ridden shotgun with Elway for so long, the hurt after that loss was deeper. This, however, isn't just a shrug for me. This was a real opportunity. This team was the most balanced team in the league this year. We c/sh/ould have won it all.

Heyneck
01-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Still can't figure it out. I just don't get what happened. It's all a big WTF?!!!
mod note: probably NSFW
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2013/1/11/dcbcce30-0ac6-4ead-bd2c-d7d95a49c1d0.gif

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2013/1/11/473690f1-de1b-4a29-b91f-7da91b3a2422.gif

theAPAOps5
01-13-2013, 10:25 PM
Still can't figure it out. I just don't get what happened. It's all a big WTF?!!!
mod note: probably NSFW
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2013/1/11/dcbcce30-0ac6-4ead-bd2c-d7d95a49c1d0.gif

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2013/1/11/473690f1-de1b-4a29-b91f-7da91b3a2422.gif

Damn that guy got jacked up by that cake. But he doesn't have it nearly as bad as getting an inverse queef.

cabronco
01-13-2013, 10:50 PM
I've been having a hard time putting my thoughts together after this loss. I don't think it's quite as painful at the Jags loss... Not nearly. We had ridden shotgun with Elway for so long, the hurt after that loss was deeper. This, however, isn't just a shrug for me. This was a real opportunity. This team was the most balanced team in the league this year. We c/sh/ould have won it all.

It was eerie how this game unfolded and having similar emotions of the jags defeat. I agree this one wasn't quite as bad, but its still really tough to take. Its like a bad dream. I think everyone from fans, coaches to players thought we had this surely because we beat them before, plus we were at home now.

Its hard to sum it up in one sentence, but it seemed to be the day where the Broncos played one of the worst games of the year at the absolute worst time. Where the Ravens played one of their best games at the right time. I'm talking players & coaches. They knew what the Ravens would try and do, and Champ said they practiced for it? Really? PFM had some off throws, and there were some tough catches, but were dropped. Fox , McCoy, and Del Rio acted as if they rode the short bus to the stadium.

For the first season of Manning coming back & the team coming together like they did was awesome, and I felt we were true contenders. We all know we are a better team that showed up on Saturday, and thats what really hurts.

Agamemnon
01-13-2013, 10:52 PM
^Hula, I understand the sentiment about passing on that last 3rd down in regulation. Many seem to share it. I tend to disagree and think they made the high percentage decision there. The odds of scoring a TD in 1:15 from 80 yards with not TOs is extremely low. Plenty of coaching decisions to question, but I'm not sure this is one of them. Shouldn't have allowed that play under any circumstances. Massive failure by the defensive backfield.

You seem to be thinking playoff football and regular season football are the same thing. They aren't. Conservative coaching works in the regular season but has been proven to be a disastrous failure in the playoffs, at least from the 80's era on. There's a reason that conservative coaches like Fox aren't common like they were in the 70's: it doesn't produce championships anymore.

Ratboy
01-13-2013, 11:07 PM
I think it comes down to conservative play calling and those who chose to be conservative need to be held accountable.

Firing John Fox would be stupid, but firing Mike McCoy would be justifiable.

Rohirrim
01-13-2013, 11:09 PM
I think it comes down to conservative play calling and those who chose to be conservative need to be held accountable.

Firing John Fox would be stupid, but firing Mike McCoy would be justifiable.

No need. He'll be leaving to coach elsewhere. Maybe Sandy Eggo.

broncosteven
01-13-2013, 11:10 PM

Raheem and Prater are my goats.

I think the Safeties were out of position all game long.

broncosteven
01-13-2013, 11:11 PM

I think we need a better Run game by that I mean both Talent and by design.

Ratboy
01-13-2013, 11:11 PM
No need. He'll be leaving to coach elsewhere. Maybe Sandy Eggo.

Lets hope so! :strong:

Rohirrim
01-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Lets hope so! :strong:

I don't agree. He did an excellent job. This year and last year.

Hulamau
01-13-2013, 11:30 PM

Hi Tony,

I agree that Foxy/McCoy were taking what they considered the 'high percentage odds' in going backassward conservative when they did! That's exactly my point.

A coach who has what it takes to really shine in the post season has to know when stats matter and when to throw them out the window when the critical moment arrives and the scenario begs for boldness and strength and letting your very best player rule the day and play to WIN this thing.

Rather than play tentative and calculating against a team in desparation but dangerous like a coiled snake and not at all afraid to go for it in any way possible when and if we gave them the ball back.

I know the secondary screwed up with Moore asleep at the wheel, but he should never have been in that position with at least a deliberate but still careful attempt to make that first down and end the misery!

Manning could easily choose from the safest selection of pass plays they had for gaining 5 to 7 yards at a clip and mix them in with runs for those three downs with easily less risk of interception than giving the opponent the ball back with time and then with it a huge shot in the arm for them in the form of a real chance.. slim though it may have appeared .. it was far better than no chance at all!

Its not as if they hadn't abused our secondary several times that day already on similarly long surprising bombs! Obbviously Fox/<McCoy were too busy thinking of how best not to lose to see victory staring them right in the face in that moment!

By choosing as Foxy/McCoy did they in essence chose to put their faith not in Peyton Manning's arm to win the game, but in Jacob Hester and Rahim Moore!!! Who here honestly thinks that was the better bargain?!?

And I'm sorry, but not even trying to pass three or four good passes with 30 seconds left and 3 time outs from our own 20 with Manning and all our WR and TEs avaiable was Idiotic cowardice and again simply reflected this '' more afraid to lose than he is willing to grab for that win now!

Ravens win the coin toss and then pin us deep in our own territory from where it all unraveled.

The thing that made me particularly mad was that this was so predictable from Foxy using the same tactics in the fourth quarter of nearly every game we had a 7 to 10 point+ lead in in the 7 to 10 minutes of the game!

Its a bad precedent and teaches players to try to be calculating and play always the 'safe' card when time it tight and we are nursing a small lead. and in so doing they get in the habit of turning off the fire hose before the fire and smoke are extinquished .. that if frequently a good way to get burned!

This killed the momentum we had and immediately injected new life into a dead tired and borderline demoralized Ravens team at that point. We gave them back that wing and a prayer shot they desperately needed and they gladly took full and grateful advantage of it with a very strong armed QB that is renowned for completing just those kind of long bombs too as his signature play!!

Screw the odds and stats in critical playoff junctures at the end od games! Instead, just look at the reality of how they have been playing and how we had been playing. Manning was back in the groove and moving us down field at will with a mix of run and pass at that point.

If coach gives Manning the green light so he knows that it was all on him to get that first down or bust then Id bet my house seven days a week and twice on Sunday on Peyton getting that first down with a very safe pass to Stokely, Tamme or Decker right then and there and we'd all be celebrating right now instead of trying to pick ourselves up off the floor and get the plates on that truck that just ran is over!

rtmike
01-14-2013, 03:44 AM
Why the hate on McCoy? It looked to me like Peyton was constantly checking out of plays. Who really called the game, PM or McCoy?

This is why some coaches don't want the QB constantly changing plays. I would think that it really throws a wrench in any semblance of a game plan?

TonyR
01-14-2013, 07:21 AM
Hula, I agree that overall the coaching staff was too conservative in this game. Most notable to me was that decision to run on third down with Hester, but I think it's possible Manning audibled into that play. I also think they should have taken a shot with the ball and two time outs at the end of regulation rather than kneeling. But I don't think the situation you're talking about called for anything but conservative. I don't think giving the ball back with ~75 seconds, ~80 yards, and no time outs is much of a gamble whereas passing the ball on third down is. The fact that they played the odds and lost is unfortunate, but that happened only because of a massive, lucky, highly unlikely failure. If we won like we should have nobody would be talking about this. Since the Ravens won on a miracle play it's being overblown.

Broncos_OTM
01-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Haven't posted since the game. Was pretty bummed out. I was shocked at end of regulation. Ill probably take a couple weeks off got alot on my hands working two jobs. See yall around draft!

KCStud
01-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Interesting little factoid for you Brokebacks...if Joe Flacco wins on Sunday, he'll tie Manning for playoff wins.

Oh and what's even more ironic is that while Brokeback fans try to say that the Chiefs are the true "one-and-done" team, you should probably realize that your QB has more one-and-done's than we do!

Top 5 QB of all-time my ass! Hilarious!

broncocalijohn
01-14-2013, 05:07 PM
Interesting little factoid for you Brokebacks...if Joe Flacco wins on Sunday, he'll tie Manning for playoff wins.

Oh and what's even more ironic is that while Brokeback fans try to say that the Chiefs are the true "one-and-done" team, you should probably realize that your QB has more one-and-done's than we do!

Our season ended within seconds of this last (playoff game). How did it feel to have your season ending over a month before the actual regular season ended and yet still had to watch, attend or play at least 5 meaningless games? How pathetic of a Chiefs fan you are when you would rather not go to the playoffs so you don't have to have that (obvious) chance of losing? Yes, you are better off sucking each season so you don't have that opportunity of Super Bowl or bust.

Bottom 5 Team of all time..is true! Hilarious!

TonyR
01-14-2013, 05:12 PM

The Ravens aren't beating the Patriots Sunday.

KCStud
01-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Our season ended within seconds of this last (playoff game). How did it feel to have your season ending over a month before the actual regular season ended and yet still had to watch, attend or play at least 5 meaningless games? How pathetic of a Chiefs fan you are when you would rather not go to the playoffs so you don't have to have that (obvious) chance of losing? Yes, you are better off sucking each season so you don't have that opportunity of Super Bowl or bust.

Bottom 5 Team of all time..is true! Hilarious!

Wasn't too bad actually. Got us Andy Reid and a competent staff. Meanwhile you have a coach who went to the Marty Schottenheimer/Herm Edwards school of coaching! Hilarious!

TonyR
01-14-2013, 05:15 PM
Chiefs go 2-14, we go 13-3, and this clown is talking trash. lol

SonOfLe-loLang
01-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Wasn't too bad actually. Got us Andy Reid and a competent staff. Meanwhile you have a coach who went to the Marty Schottenheimer/Herm Edwards school of coaching! Hilarious!

So...youre saying you'd rather be the chiefs than the broncos right now?

Requiem
01-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Stop feeding the troll.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-14-2013, 05:23 PM

Awwww, look! The inbred hick from Dip**** City thinks he's clever!

Adorable.

DBroncos4life
01-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Stop feeding the troll.

He is the same dumbass that talked up his teams ****ty GM and HC with a sub. 300 winning %. Only a matter of time before the classless fool is banned again.

broncocalijohn
01-14-2013, 05:26 PM

So are you already winning on paper? Congratulations. We have heard the same BS from you every season about this or that. WHile I have a tad more confidence in your franchise over the Faiders, you are still bottom 10 next season. Maybe you will squeek a 2nd place finish in the AFC West but like the Yankees said to the Bears, "We still think you guys suck!"

Cito Pelon
01-14-2013, 07:33 PM

I don't want to fire or cut, but I'm seriously wondering if Manning has the chops to win a SB.

TonyR
01-14-2013, 07:39 PM
I don't want to fire or cut, but I'm seriously wondering if Manning has the chops to win a SB.

Seriously?

broncosteven
01-14-2013, 07:58 PM

Oh Noosss! Tom Brady has 6 Playoff losses! OMG That means 6 years he lost a playoff game without winning a SB! He is teh suck!

Manning has 1 SB win and 1 SB loss, Year in and out he is in contention to win a SB. I will take my chances with a guy who has been to the playoffs that many times over someone my team hasn't even drafted yet or Matt Cassell.

You keep forgetting that we have been through this before back in 1996 only to come back the following years dominating the NFL with back to back SB's.

It is sad when one player has more playoff appearances than an entire franchise.

Cito Pelon
01-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Seriously?

Yeah. His career just wound down one more notch on Saturday. He's not gonna get better. I seriously doubt he'll win a playoff game next year. Maybe a good regular season.

DENVERDUI55
01-14-2013, 08:08 PM

The nutless board whipping boy show up when Denver loses. Chicken poop kcpud was nowhere around throughout the end of the season. He is too much of avagina that sticks his foot in his mouth regularly.

TheReverend
01-14-2013, 08:12 PM
The nutless board whipping boy show up when Denver loses. Chicken poop kcpud was nowhere around throughout the end of the season. He is too much of avagina that sticks his foot in his mouth regularly.

To be fair, I think he was banned.

rmsanger
01-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Lol good post about Champ.... What an idiot

Thank god he's the Anti Ray Lewis, I'd rather my players weren't murderers

You're skirting the issue.. My point was completely related to on the field play and not morality or so n so's past. I know champ was charged with rape and has several babies with different mama's so he certainly is no saint.

I still can't believe this forum is giving him a pass on his play. All of the Fox hate, Raheem the dream, PM choke threads but the biggest F'up was champ. Yet nobody here will hold him accountable for it. He's supposedly a first ballot HOF, one the best Broncos, and in the discussion for top 5 CB of all time. When the biggest game of his career approaches and the dude decides to wear a skirt.

I guess there are too many orange tinted glasses w/Champ's name on it on this forum.

broncosteven
01-14-2013, 08:23 PM
To be fair, I think he was banned.

Because he lost his cool at least twice.

Studly isn't stable. He hates his own teams boards (I am guessing they mock him just as much as we do) and keeps coming back here for no sane reason.

The kFc sucks thread might have died after they held their 1st lead of the year if kFcIthinkIamaSTUD wouldn't keep coming around.

Cito Pelon
01-14-2013, 08:32 PM
You're skirting the issue.. My point was completely related to on the field play and not morality or so n so's past. I know champ was charged with rape and has several babies with different mama's so he certainly is no saint.

I still can't believe this forum is giving him a pass on his play. All of the Fox hate, Raheem the dream, PM choke threads but the biggest F'up was champ. Yet nobody here will hold him accountable for it. He's supposedly a first ballot HOF, one the best Broncos, and in the discussion for top 5 CB of all time. When the biggest game of his career approaches and the dude decides to wear a skirt.

I guess there are too many orange tinted glasses w/Champ's name on it on this forum.

Well, IMO it was a coaching mistake to have Champ playing the slot so much, and Tony Carter playing Champ's LCB position. Champ should have jammed the receiver when he was playing slot instead of giving him a free release to accelerate upfield. I don't think playing slot you want the receiver behind you right away, you want to change his direction in that first free five yards, but Champ isn't a slot cornerback.

cutthemdown
01-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Anyone who actually lets football make them unhappy is being stupid IMO. Sure you are bummed out......for about 12 hours etc. After that if your life is right and you have really important things going on that you can control you realize that sports is no different then a movie. Broncos football can make me excited, happy and be a ton of fun.

I was more upset when I lose my fantasy football and all the money that would have meant 3 weeks ago lol. I used to get super upset over the Broncos but grew up and realized its just a sport and being more upset then the players get is not very logical.

cutthemdown
01-14-2013, 09:00 PM

I said in a thread before game to win we need Bailey to make big plays. He's the HOF and like Atwater did should lead th secondary with a huge playoffs. Instead Bailey choked and looked to me like he didn't even care out there. No fire at all.

Meck77
01-14-2013, 09:21 PM
So I'm at gym in Denver today. There are half dozen dudes in there playing coach about what went wrong in the game, what we should have done, what we could have done. I listened for about 5 minutes until one guy said "Well I'm glad I didn't go it was so cold". The other's agreed. I finally had to chime in.

I said "So let me get this straight. You guys have all the answers and are these big fans and none of you went to the game and are glad you didn't because it was cold and we lost?" The room went silent and I walked out.

I've read enough from people of how much pain they are in and how this team failed them. If the game really meant that much to your ass you would have been there in the freezing weather and you'd be out a few hundred bucks or thousand bucks. That's some pain and it's not even real pain. Sitting on the couch drinking your warm hot chocolate with your snuggie on with the remote in your hand isn't the slightest bit of inconvenience when that field goal went in.

Save all your analysis and expert advice. Elway said it best on the radio. "You have to play well in the playoffs. We didn't play well the other day.

Yes the fan police has spoken. If you went. Go ahead and complain. If you never got off your damn couch then perhaps consider STFU! Mock that for you!

If you live a couple thousand miles away I'll cut you some slack. If you are local and didn't go then I offer even less sympathy. Oh and don't use the excuse tickets were too much. They were face value when it was all said and done. Thousands of tickets for sale. People even asking less than face value minutes before the game.

Look we are all disappointed. You didn't have to go to feel the disappointment but please spare us this idea of how much pain you are in.

End Rant

KCStud
01-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Oh Noosss! Tom Brady has 6 Playoff losses! OMG That means 6 years he lost a playoff game without winning a SB! He is teh suck!

Manning has 1 SB win and 1 SB loss, Year in and out he is in contention to win a SB. I will take my chances with a guy who has been to the playoffs that many times over someone my team hasn't even drafted yet or Matt Cassell.

You keep forgetting that we have been through this before back in 1996 only to come back the following years dominating the NFL with back to back SB's.

It is sad when one player has more playoff appearances than an entire franchise.

It's so funny that every brokeback on this board says that the Chiefs season's of the 90's meant nothing, but this season was a great accomplishment for Brokeback Nation!!!

You accomplished more with Tebow last year than you did with Manning this year! Talk about wasting 18 million dollars!

You can make fun of Matt Cassel all you want but at the end of the day, you wasted money on Manning this year for the same result that Cassel yielded: one-and-done playoff loss! Hilarious!

Al Wilson
01-14-2013, 09:34 PM
KCQueer, when was the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game? Yeah, I can't remember either.

Rohirrim
01-14-2013, 09:48 PM
So I'm at gym in Denver today. There are half dozen dudes in there playing coach about what went wrong in the game, what we should have done, what we could have done. I listened for about 5 minutes until one guy said "Well I'm glad I didn't go it was so cold". The other's agreed. I finally had to chime in.

I said "So let me get this straight. You guys have all the answers and are these big fans and none of you went to the game and are glad you didn't because it was cold and we lost?" The room went silent and I walked out.

I've read enough from people of how much pain they are in and how this team failed them. If the game really meant that much to your ass you would have been there in the freezing weather and you'd be out a few hundred bucks or thousand bucks. That's some pain and it's not even real pain. Sitting on the couch drinking your warm hot chocolate with your snuggie on with the remote in your hand isn't the slightest bit of inconvenience when that field goal went in.

Save all your analysis and expert advice. Elway said it best on the radio. "You have to play well in the playoffs. We didn't play well the other day.

Yes the fan police has spoken. If you went. Go ahead and complain. If you never got off your damn couch then perhaps consider STFU! Mock that for you!

If you live a couple thousand miles away I'll cut you some slack. If you are local and didn't go then I offer even less sympathy. Oh and don't use the excuse tickets were too much. They were face value when it was all said and done. Thousands of tickets for sale. People even asking less than face value minutes before the game.

Look we are all disappointed. You didn't have to go to feel the disappointment but please spare us this idea of how much pain you are in.

End Rant

It's always the same rant. It must be difficult to live with such perfection.
:oyvey:

Meck77
01-14-2013, 09:51 PM
It's always the same rant. It must be difficult to live with such perfection.
:oyvey:

Struck a nerve with a local! My point is the game sucked whether you were there or not. All this talk about how much pain people are in. Please. At least one could claim they felt some pain after 4 hours of zero degrees. That isn't even real pain. That's just called really damn cold.

I've watched plenty of losses on TV last year including the playoff game. It's just much easier at home. CLICK! And it's over.

broncosteven
01-14-2013, 10:04 PM
It's so funny that every brokeback on this board says that the Chiefs season's of the 90's meant nothing, but this season was a great accomplishment for Brokeback Nation!!!

You accomplished more with Tebow last year than you did with Manning this year! Talk about wasting 18 million dollars!

You can make fun of Matt Cassel all you want but at the end of the day, you wasted money on Manning this year for the same result that Cassel yielded: one-and-done playoff loss! Hilarious!

This makes no sense? Are you saying that because Manning lost a DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF Game that he was a bust and equal to Cassell/Quinn/or blind monkey kFc started at QB this year?

You realize teams are built over time right? You understand that you can't just cherry pick a QB and suddenly go to the SB right? I mean kFc is so great at finding QB talent and getting to the playoffs and the SB every 50 years or so.

I bet you are mouth breathing at the other end of the InteRNetS thinking that if your team drafts a QB you will win the SB next year right?

Manning was an investment, we are more competitive and closer to winning a SB now than if we had Tebow or Orton or even Cutler.

Your logic is so weak I bet you have trouble winning tic-tac toe games vs children.

Here is a hint STUD, your team is on the clock and when the draft rolls around everyone is going to relive how epicly bad kFc was to earn the 1st overall pick. Meanwhile we will be picking in the late 20's just needing a couple depth pieces to help maintain the Playoff team Elway has built and make it better.

We will go into the season favored to win the Division, pundits will be talking about the uphill battle Reid faces turning kFc around.

Which end of the stick do you really want to be on? The promising end or the suck end?

Mediator12
01-15-2013, 08:36 AM
Fortes Fortuna Adjuvat-Fortune Favors the Brave! The Army Rangers Motto

I get playing the percentages, I get the poor performance because of the soft mentality of the head coach, but do not Offer up we were Shocked as an Excuse for that travesty on SAT. I just talked to several NFL coaches I know and they are all LOL at Fox and Elway for trying to sell that BS to the media. Every NFL team preaches "Sudden Change" on Defense and Offense situationally. That means being mentally tough when a TO or sudden Score from DEF or ST's occurs. If DEN was shellshocked, it was because of poor mental preparation from the coaching staff before and during the game. Situational awareness and initiative were mismanaged all day long.

First, that loss was a failure of leadership and coaching. The lack of coaching for Moore was atrocious. JDR, Ron Milus, and Sam Garnes are not sleeping well at all right now for botching that rush three, five under, 3 deep play where the DAMN safety never flipped his hips to keep depth and tried to backpedal to a deep ball. WTF does he care if they complete the ball in front of HIM?!? Why was he reading the underneath routes at all in that situation? Poor coaching, and even worse situational awareness by a kid who is over his head covering deep still. Why not invite the short throw and rush 4? It is not like they were getting any pressure all game anyway and could even think they could with just 3! Then, play quarters coverage all day with umbrella principles to funnel all catches in bounds? WTF are you playing that crap coverage in the first place?

Second, after that, why take a knee? Why? It is philosophical. However, it also surrenders the initiative. It says, hey BAL if you want this game its there for you to take it, we just want you to give it to us. A team like BAL will take that Initiative when offered it. I do NOT think BAL played that well at all, they just simply said thank you and took advantage of DEN's own terrible mistakes. 4 of their 5 TD's were our mistakes and the other was a lucky as hell non PI call return TD. We gave them all kinds of chances to stay alive and let them stick around. Never once did they risk putting them away. That is not being Brave or taking the initiative IMHO.

Third, DEN deserved to lose that game, because that was the ONLY way BAL had a chance to win. Do not show up on Defense, commit horrible mistakes that lead directly to TD's, and make assinine decisions with the game on the line. Even as poorly as they played, they should have been able to withstand it if Moore simply does his job. That was a desperation throw by Flacco, and as badly as he was postioned when it was thrown, if he used proper technique he had the ability to break it up, commit PI, or even Intercept that ball and end the game!

I was sure that would not happen this week. Boy was I wrong. Mentally, this team has a LOOONG way to go if they ever want to be more than regular season world beaters. Way too many poor leadership decisions in that game and way too many mistakes.

TonyR
01-15-2013, 09:20 AM
^ Agree with everything you said, Med. But still think running the ball on that late 4th quarter 3rd down was the right call. It's the kneeling on the final regulation possession that I have a problem with.

And a question: if the leadership/decision making is that bad, how did they go 13-3 and win 11 straight? And barely be challenged in those 11? I tend to look at it more as a team that did not react well to, and handle, adversity.

Rohirrim
01-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Like Dreesen said in the locker room, the team reverted to the team it was at the beginning of the season. He couldn't explain why. For some reason, under pressure, they suddenly believed that they were the stumbling team of the first quarter of the season more than they believed they were the team that won eleven straight. Why? ???

Maybe they should all read some Malcolm Gladwell to deal with that issue?

Mediator12
01-15-2013, 09:35 AM
^ Agree with everything you said, Med. But still think running the ball on that late 4th quarter 3rd down was the right call. It's the kneeling on the final regulation possession that I have a problem with.

And a question: if the leadership/decision making is that bad, how did they go 13-3 and win 11 straight? And barely be challenged in those 11? I tend to look at it more as a team that did not react well to, and handle, adversity.

I disagree with the 3rd down call completely and here is why.

I think you roll out sprint right option, which BAL will not be ready to defend, and hit a wide open TE in the Flat for the First down. If its not there, Peyton does not throw the ball away he simply slides feet first and eats the play and RUNS THE CLOCK. You lose 5-7 yards at worst and win the game if you get the easy completion. If you get the worst case scenario, you simply punt and DO NOT take the time out and keep the clock running even more. BAL still has to have Moore implode to Win the game, but you send the message we are here to play 60 Minutes, instead of here you take the ball and good luck!

TonyR
01-15-2013, 09:46 AM
I think you roll out sprint right option, which BAL will not be ready to defend, and hit a wide open TE in the Flat for the First down. If its not there, Peyton does not throw the ball away he simply slides feet first and eats the play and RUNS THE CLOCK.

Well, Manning rolling right didn't work out to well in OT, you may recall.

And again, it wasn't the 3rd down run (the right call IMO) that lost us the game. It was that Jacoby Jones/Raheem Moore debacle that did us in.

Kaylore
01-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Only Sheepstud would come here after a 2 win season with Quinn and Cassel at QB and start QB smack.

Can we perma-ban this troll?

DBroncos4life
01-15-2013, 09:57 AM
I know it doesn't count for much but, the Ravens are going to have to pay out the ass now for Flacco.

TonyR
01-15-2013, 09:58 AM
I know it doesn't count for much but, the Ravens are going to have to pay out the ass now for Flacco.

That and they're going to get rolled by the Pats on Sunday.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-15-2013, 10:11 AM
I disagree with the 3rd down call completely and here is why.

I think you roll out sprint right option, which BAL will not be ready to defend, and hit a wide open TE in the Flat for the First down. If its not there, Peyton does not throw the ball away he simply slides feet first and eats the play and RUNS THE CLOCK. You lose 5-7 yards at worst and win the game if you get the easy completion. If you get the worst case scenario, you simply punt and DO NOT take the time out and keep the clock running even more. BAL still has to have Moore implode to Win the game, but you send the message we are here to play 60 Minutes, instead of here you take the ball and good luck!

I think that would have been a sweet call. A really sweet call. Though i still can't hate on the run. The chances that Baltimore would have come back were epically low. It happened, and that sucks, but epically low.

But can we retire the "team X doesnt deserve to win" cliche, like there's some moralistic value to sports outcomes?

Tombstone RJ
01-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not going back and watching the game) but the Broncos kneeled down 2 different times with the exact same conditions, that is, they kneeled down at the end of the first half with 30 seconds and 2 TOs and they kneeled down at the end of the second half with 30 seconds and 2 TOs. Or was it just one time (not twice) the Broncos did this?

Am I remembering this correctly?

TonyR
01-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not going back and watching the game) but the Broncos kneeled down 2 different times with the exact same conditions, that is, they kneeled down at the end of the first half with 30 seconds and 2 TOs and they kneeled down at the end of the second half with 30 seconds and 2 TOs. Or was it just one time (not twice) the Broncos did this?

Am I remembering this correctly?

Broncos ran at the end of the first half, knelt at the end of regulation.

Mediator12
01-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Well, Manning rolling right didn't work out to well in OT, you may recall.

And again, it wasn't the 3rd down run (the right call IMO) that lost us the game. It was that Jacoby Jones/Raheem Moore debacle that did us in.

That was not a designed playcall, the protection broke down immediately and Manning panicked. It was 2cd and 6 for goodness sake as well, he should have thrown that ball away. He knows better.

However, if they ran that play (Sprint right option) on that third down its a low risk high reward way to play it with aggression versus passivity. There could also have been an incomplete there, but if the TE is open that's a real good risk I would take all day, every day.

Plus, that is not a standard DEN play and BAL would not have reacted well to that playcall. I gaurantee they would have had a shot at making the first down and maybe more.

Tombstone RJ
01-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Broncos ran at the end of the first half, knelt at the end of regulation.

Ok, thanks.

Hulamau
01-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Hula, I agree that overall the coaching staff was too conservative in this game. Most notable to me was that decision to run on third down with Hester, but I think it's possible Manning audibled into that play. I also think they should have taken a shot with the ball and two time outs at the end of regulation rather than kneeling. But I don't think the situation you're talking about called for anything but conservative. I don't think giving the ball back with ~75 seconds, ~80 yards, and no time outs is much of a gamble whereas passing the ball on third down is. The fact that they played the odds and lost is unfortunate, but that happened only because of a massive, lucky, highly unlikely failure. If we won like we should have nobody would be talking about this. Since the Ravens won on a miracle play it's being overblown.

Alas Tony, the bottom line is that this was an equal opportunity FUBAR screw up!! It took both incredible mistakes to lose this game.. even after all the other mistakes, bad luck and terrible calls that went against us, we still showed the resilence and will to win and we were going to win that game and very much should have!

It required both Fox and Moore to have to pull back to back MIND FARTS out of their arses in the last three minutes in order to snatch defeat from the hands of victory with this gift horse to the Ravens!

Tombstone RJ
01-15-2013, 11:09 AM
That was not a designed playcall, the protection broke down immediately and Manning panicked. It was 2cd and 6 for goodness sake as well, he should have thrown that ball away. He knows better.

However, if they ran that play (Sprint right option) on that third down its a low risk high reward way to play it with aggression versus passivity. There could also have been an incomplete there, but if the TE is open that's a real good risk I would take all day, every day.

Plus, that is not a standard DEN play and BAL would not have reacted well to that playcall. I gaurantee they would have had a shot at making the first down and maybe more.

I agree but hindsight is 20/20. Also, a bootleg play takes Manning out of his confort zone just a little bit. That being said, I agee with the play in principle.

Hulamau
01-15-2013, 11:13 AM

Good point Med12,

And everyone is focusing on the relative odds of completeing a 3rd and 7 pass in that situation. But had the plan been to get that first down no matter what, after we had just gotten the last first down with three conservative plays in a row that would have had a high odds of success! The Ravens saw we were trying to run out the clock and were loaded for bear for stopping the Dive run between guard and center.

After the run plays to get that first first down, on first, second or third down, Manning could have done his very best tuck fake hand off for yet another fake dive run over Haloti and dropped back for a quick 10 yard pass to Tamme, Decker or Stokely for the first down right then and there.. and possibly more.

Do that while taking an extra 45 seconds off the clock and then we could have taken three knees to end the thing! The Ravens know Foxy's tendencies in such situations which we had just reinforced on the previous series for a first down .. they would not have been expecting a first or second down pass in that situation if we set it up like another Dive run all along.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-15-2013, 11:25 AM
If a teams success is measured on how far they go, how exactly did they go farther last year? Lost divisional round last year too.

cabronco
01-15-2013, 12:02 PM

I think that would have been a very good idea at the time. I agree the last play for us, wasn't a designed roll out. For whatever reason PM seemed to drift in the direction of the oncoming pass rusher this game. I think when he threw this terrible pick, he felt like he had to make something happen, which he did. I would have liked to have seen that ambition to win on the 3rd and 7by the play caller, so we wouldnt have to talk about Moore screwing the pooch.

Cito Pelon
01-16-2013, 02:41 PM
I 100% agree with Med's last few posts. And local folks are overwhelmingly agreeing what Med was posting. Even with the natural respect for Fox, Manning and Elway, there's a LOL attitude saying stop trying to make excuses, you blew it.

Tom A Hawk
01-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Only Sheepstud would come here after a 2 win season with Quinn and Cassel at QB and start QB smack.

Can we perma-ban this troll?Hilarious!:wave:

gunns
01-17-2013, 01:20 PM

I do too. Single stupidest play, or non play, I have seen in all my years of watching football. :moody:

FearLanier
01-17-2013, 01:51 PM
I know it's sad, but you guys need to realize that the rest of the division isn't going to be able to beat out the Broncos for the next couple of years.

You guys will be a top 4 seed again and will have another chance to make a run in '13 and '14 at the least.

KCStud
01-17-2013, 11:02 PM
This makes no sense? Are you saying that because Manning lost a DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF Game that he was a bust and equal to Cassell/Quinn/or blind monkey kFc started at QB this year?

You realize teams are built over time right? You understand that you can't just cherry pick a QB and suddenly go to the SB right? I mean kFc is so great at finding QB talent and getting to the playoffs and the SB every 50 years or so.

I bet you are mouth breathing at the other end of the InteRNetS thinking that if your team drafts a QB you will win the SB next year right?

Manning was an investment, we are more competitive and closer to winning a SB now than if we had Tebow or Orton or even Cutler.

Your logic is so weak I bet you have trouble winning tic-tac toe games vs children.

Here is a hint STUD, your team is on the clock and when the draft rolls around everyone is going to relive how epicly bad kFc was to earn the 1st overall pick. Meanwhile we will be picking in the late 20's just needing a couple depth pieces to help maintain the Playoff team Elway has built and make it better.

We will go into the season favored to win the Division, pundits will be talking about the uphill battle Reid faces turning kFc around.

Which end of the stick do you really want to be on? The promising end or the suck end?

The promising end with a very good coaching staff/front office in place.

John Elway didn't build this roster. He's drafted 2 good players. Von Miller, who was a layup draft pick, and the DT.

Most of the roster was well set up before he got there and the playoff team last year was driven mostly by Shannahan/McDaniels draft picks.

This year a lot of other players like Stokely and Tamme were recruited by Manning.

Elway's 2nd round draft pick was the one who is now Denver's most hated player. We'll see what he does when Manning leaves. That will be when we find out what Elway is truly made of.

broncosteven
01-18-2013, 02:03 PM
I know it's sad, but you guys need to realize that the rest of the division isn't going to be able to beat out the Broncos for the next couple of years.

You guys will be a top 4 seed again and will have another chance to make a run in '13 and '14 at the least.

If more kFc fans posted as well as you I might not have as much hate for your team.

Sadly it is going to take about 10 FL's to counter 1 Bob, and 1 kFcSTUD.

FL is right, Oakland is the only other franchise with any kind of stability and they are in need of a QB and have a lot of rebuilding yet to do, kFc will be totally remade, they will be better, 2-14 is hard to do with the parity in the NFL these days. Chuggers have the least rebuilding needed, if McCoy can play to Rivers strenghts they could give us fits and keep us from sweeping the division.

PM is going to win lots of RS games, he will take Plummers mark of just winning games to a new level. Playoffs are another thing, we really need to have a top teir run game to rely on if we want a SB.

shalowlow
01-18-2013, 06:07 PM

But that's not one of the 10 plays that Manning is comfortable running! The more I think about it, and we obviously have the benefit of retrospect and time, this is what you have proposed would have made the most sense in that situation. Run a pass play, and take a sack if it's not there. I have said this in other threads, but I truly believe that Manning was hurt and they didn't want to risk it.

I would like to see some more complex passing principles brought in by Gase, and hopefully the time of the offseason will be enough to incorporate some more situational passing concepts.

I get that the whole Manning philosophy is keeping it simple and executing to perfection, but clearly, that idea becomes more difficult in the high stress moments of a playoff game. It would explain Manning's lack of the same success in the playoffs that he has in the regular season. I have to believe Manning is willing to use more plays as long as he truly thinks that they will work.

What will send Gase into genius mode is not just standing on the sideline and feeding Manning plays that he will audible out of, but of taking Manning to a different level. That will require Gase selling him on situational passing concepts that work as well as what Manning is "comfortable" with. it will take Manning to trust Gase. I don't know how likely it is to happen, but Gase has a golden opportunity here.

Wining in the playoffs will also require a running game that is not just there to set up the play action, but also is innovative enough to gain the kind of yardage required to keep Manning from throwing 40 passes a game. I think ratcheting up the hurry up to Patriot levels will help with that, as a lot of the running plays that the Patriots are successful with are being set up by the defense not being set. This allows the offense to catch a defensive in a reactionary mode instead of an attacking mode. It clearly works in this league.

Many times are running plays are too obvious. The defense knows what's coming especially in 3rd and 1 situations. Many a drive has stalled because of not being able to convert a 3rd and 1.

We will win a bunch of games next year, but what may make it a Superbowl year is incorporating an offense that Manning is comfortable with, that will work, and that will put the offense in the best position to make a play, without the crutch of the 10 plays Manning is willing to run.

TonyR
01-23-2013, 12:45 PM
A detailed review of that awful play. You know the one I'm talking about. Read at your own risk, but actually fairly interesting.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/a-second-helping-of-baltimores-70-yard-game-tying-td

KCStud
02-04-2014, 10:07 PM
http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/sGx39yA.gif

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 10:09 PM
http://gifatron.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/sGx39yA.gif

Still have more AFC championship appearances than your team has playoff wins, you ****ing loser.

KCStud
02-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Still have more AFC championship appearances than your team has playoff wins, you ****ing loser.

Also have more playoff blowouts too :rofl:

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 10:19 PM
Also have more playoff blowouts too :rofl:

And more Super Bowl wins. You want to keep playing this game loser?

KCStud
02-04-2014, 10:25 PM
And more Super Bowl wins. You want to keep playing this game loser?

You have more SB wins than our history? :notworthy

Your time is done. Your best shot is over and it's time to find out if Elway is a real GM or not, which looking at this, he's not. His draft picks are not good at all.

maven
02-04-2014, 10:28 PM

Your time is done. Your best shot is over and it's time to find out if Elway is a real GM or not, which looking at this, he's not. His draft picks are not good at all.

When is that Alex Smith extension coming?

http://i.imgur.com/o1UNa.gif

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 10:30 PM

You seriously are pathetic. You can't even trash talk worth a ****.

go_broncos
02-04-2014, 10:41 PM

I pity you.

KCStud
02-04-2014, 10:57 PM
When is that Alex Smith extension coming?

http://i.imgur.com/o1UNa.gif

Wouldn't mind an Alex Smith extension at all after that playoff performance. 2nd best playoff performance ever by a QB.
Lost Jamaal Charles? Still put up 44 points.

Alex's stats are 9 TD's to 0 INT's in his playoff career with a rushing TD. His 2nd half stats this season were 18 TD's to 3 INTs. 11 TD's to 3 INT's in games vs AFC playoff teams. Top 3 winning % of any QB the last 3 seasons playing on 2 teams.
27 passing TD's in first year.
Chiefs averaged 34 PPG in the 2nd half of the season.

If Russell Wilson, Colin Kraepernick, Rex Gross, Trent Dilfer, Rob Johnson, etc can make the SB, Alex Smith can too.

He played his best year of football in his career and it was only year 1. A lot to like about him right now. Especially with that Andy Reid guy coaching him.

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2014, 10:58 PM
Wouldn't mind an Alex Smith extension at all after that playoff performance. 2nd best playoff performance ever by a QB.

Alex's stats are 9 TD's to 0 INT's in his playoff career with a rushing TD. His 2nd half stats this season were 18 TD's to 3 INTs. 11 TD's to 3 INT's in games vs AFC playoff teams. Top 3 winning % of any QB the last 3 seasons playing on 2 teams.

If Russell Wilson, Colin Kraepernick, Rex Gross, Trent Dilfer, Rob Johnson, etc can make the SB, Alex Smith can too.

He played his best year of football in his career and it was only year 1. A lot to like about him right now. Especially with that Andy Reid guy coaching him.

I too hope Smiff gets a big extension.

KCStud
02-04-2014, 11:01 PM
I too hope Smiff gets a big extension.

Lol aren't you the poster who said Alex Smith would never throw 20 TD's ever?

Not sure why you guys are poking at Alex when you are never winning with Manning, especially not at his age going into next year.

Agamemnon
02-04-2014, 11:03 PM

Not sure why you guys are poking at Alex when you are never winning with Manning, especially not at his age going into next year.

The better question is why are you poking at the Broncos for getting blown out in a Super Bowl when your team hasn't won a playoff game in two ****ing decades?

broncocalijohn
02-04-2014, 11:07 PM
The better question is why are you poking at the Broncos for getting blown out in a Super Bowl when your team hasn't won a playoff game in two ****ing decades?

Because he lives in that region of ****ty football, baseball and living. He has only his hookers he takes on vacation and good BBQ. When you drink enough booze to forget those things, you then start hammering on others fortunes. Yes, it is sad but it is the life of a Missouri/Kansas City sports fan.

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2014, 11:08 PM

nope, wasn't me. I just want the same old rinse and repeat kc story. Don't draft a good young QB, put your hopes into a journeyman QB who wins you 10 games a year and then loses in the playoffs. As for Manning, he's got a few more years left in him and yes, I'd take him any day of the week over smiff, and twice on Sundays. You can't win a SB if you can't win at least a few playoff games, but you wouldn't know what I'm talking about.

Wes Mantooth
02-04-2014, 11:12 PM
Superbowl is over. Must mean the Chiefs are undefeated again!

24champ
02-04-2014, 11:18 PM

http://i.imgur.com/36G14Bk.gif

Castinkas
02-05-2014, 12:35 AM
maybe you should wait to talk **** until the chiefs actually win a playoff game...??

rolandftw
02-05-2014, 02:19 AM
It's funny that KCStud disappeared after predicting Peyton would never beat Brady again

It's Chiefs fans like him that made KC have the best ratings for the Super Bowl. Likely cheer louder against Denver, then they've cheered for KC in 44 seasons.

Also, neither of these teams is sniffing a Super Bowl with Andy Reid and John Fox as their coach. Denver may not win the Super Bowl, but KC isn't winning 8 games next year.

Blueflame
02-05-2014, 02:51 AM
It's funny that KCStud disappeared after predicting Peyton would never beat Brady again

It's Chiefs fans like him that made KC have the best ratings for the Super Bowl. Likely cheer louder against Denver, then they've cheered for KC in 44 seasons.

Also, neither of these teams is sniffing a Super Bowl with Andy Reid and John Fox as their coach. Denver may not win the Super Bowl, but KC isn't winning 8 games next year.

Fact is, he disappeared because he earned himself a vacation.

eddie mac
02-05-2014, 03:12 AM

Be careful what you wish for, even your own ****ing players (who obviously have more braincells in their toes than your fanbase) wanted the Broncos to win in the hope that Manning would retire. Now you're just gonna have to break that neck of yours some more staring up at the Broncos for the 4th and 5th consecutive years bending your asses over in the AFC and AFC West.

BTW are you ****ing kidding about Elway's drafting???

2011, Von Miller, Raheem Moore, Orlando Franklin, Nate Irving, Julius Thomas, Virgil Green, Quinton Carter, 7 out of 9 still on the team, 4 starters, 3 pro-bowlers

2012, Wolfe, Osweiler, Hillman, Jackson, Trevathon, Bolden, 6 out of 7 still on the team, 3 starters

2013, Far too early to judge, but 6 out of those 7 draft picks are still on a team that kicked your ass twice last year.

In 3 years only 4 draft picks are no longer with a team that walked the AFC, 19 out of 23 are still with the team.

How the **** is that bad drafting???

And dont even go anywhere near free agency that has produced Manning, DRC, Vazquez, Knighton, Phillips, Welker,

Need I go on, I am getting slightly tired here trying to find bad things about the best man running a team in the NFL period.

whoeey
02-05-2014, 03:13 AM
I feel pretty good actually. Well other than the fact that PFM could retire. If it isn't clear that Defense wins rings by now, well, we need another GM.

Did someone really mention Dungy in this thread? Really?

whoeey
02-05-2014, 03:15 AM
I will add that if PFM only wants nice humble players on his team, he should be the first to leave.

A lot of toughness comes with attitude. Any questions?