PDA

View Full Version : Great Season, Guys

Killericon
01-12-2013, 05:51 PM
That was a heartbreaking loss, but this team looks in fantastic shape. Great season, Broncos. Stay the course.

Drek
01-12-2013, 05:55 PM
That was a heartbreaking loss, but this team looks in fantastic shape. Great season, Broncos. Stay the course.

Funny, I always thought "great" seasons involved at least one playoff win. Not ****ting yourself with the first seed in your pocket game 1 of the big dance.

Brewer
01-12-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm impressed with this relatively young team. We'll be great again next year!

DarkHorse
01-12-2013, 05:59 PM
Was a great season, I think we were witness to some changes that need to be made.

We seriously need to look at running back.....strongly. Hester sucks balls, Leonard sucks balls, Bailey needs a position change and someone needs to remember to include DT in our game plan when we reach the Divisional game next year.

lostknight
01-12-2013, 06:01 PM
No it wasn't. The only goal of a year is to win a superbowl. We won one less playoff game then last year.

Goobzilla
01-12-2013, 06:08 PM
No it wasn't. The only goal of a year is to win a superbowl. We won one less playoff game then last year.

REP :strong:

winstoncup bronco
01-12-2013, 06:12 PM

Not saying it's his fault, but this is really a typical Manning season. Lots of wins, great numbers, early playoff exit. I said when we signed him, we had to win the Super Bowl for it to be worth it. Now we just sit at home like the Jets.

What the **** were the coaches doing all last week for crissakes?

spdirty
01-12-2013, 06:12 PM

Yep. It's gonna take time to digest this.

Drek
01-12-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm impressed with this relatively young team. We'll be great again next year!

Our QB is 36 and has a neck built by Dr. Frankenstein.

Our center is in his 30's and was questionable to ever play football again as recently as this time last year.

Our slot WR is just about the same age as our QB.

Our all-pro CB has clearly lost a step and is in his 30's as well.

Our starting MLB might file for AARP if no one signs him this spring.

We've got some young players at a few key spots, but the entire move to Manning was selling out for a 2-4 year window. Year one just got flushed down the toilet after a 13-3 start because almost everyone top down **** their pants in unison.

anon
01-12-2013, 06:20 PM
The team is solid but doesn't have killer instinct.

Between Manning's cerebral approach, Fox's conservatism, and a defense that's still gelling and has been through coordinator after coordinator, it's going to be a gamble when we play games that really matter.

I was hoping to see something different, but am not entirely surprised. The Shanahan Superbowl years were when we had a truly dominant team. Been following the Broncos since all of the 80s Superbowl disappointments, so I'm used to being disappointed.

ant1999e
01-12-2013, 06:49 PM
If ****ing yourself is a great season then yes, we really ****ed ourselves.

Bronco X
01-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Remember what followed 96. Elway was 36 years old that year and at the time it seemed like it was his last great shot. The window is still open.

winstoncup bronco
01-12-2013, 07:52 PM
Remember what followed 96. Elway was 36 years old that year and at the time it seemed like it his last great shot. The window is still open.

Elway could still throw a football.

You have to believe there is good reason for Manning's playoff reputation.

hades
01-12-2013, 07:53 PM

Exactly!

Rohirrim
01-12-2013, 07:57 PM

Our center is in his 30's and was questionable to ever play football again as recently as this time last year.

We've got some young players at a few key spots, but the entire move to Manning was selling out for a 2-4 year window. Year one just got flushed down the toilet after a 13-3 start because almost everyone top down **** their pants in unison.

^ unfortunately. This team has so many holes to plug, by the time we get it done, Peyton is collecting SSI.

BroncoLifer
01-12-2013, 07:57 PM
The '96 loss to Jacksonville revealed (in an extremely painful way) that there were gaps that needed to be filled. And they were - Neil Smith, Howard Griffith, Darien Gordon - all were upgrades the next year. Addressing this team's gaps can put the Broncos over the top again. Hell, just two years ago we were sitting at 4-12. It hurts super bad right now because Peyton exceeded our expectations and made us believe. We forgot that going from 4-12 to champions in 2 years doesn't happen often. I'm hurting right now but it's not the end of the Bronco world.

DBroncos4life
01-12-2013, 08:01 PM
^ unfortunately. This team has so many holes to plug, by the time we get it done, Peyton is collecting SSI.

This team as more trolls then holes

BroncoBen
01-12-2013, 08:03 PM
The '96 loss to Jacksonville revealed (in an extremely painful way) that there were gaps that needed to be filled. And they were - Neil Smith, Howard Griffith, Darien Gordon - all were upgrades the next year. Addressing this team's gaps can put the Broncos over the top again. Hell, just two years ago we were sitting at 4-12. It hurts super bad right now because Peyton exceeded our expectations and made us believe. We forgot that going from 4-12 to champions in 2 years doesn't happen often. I'm hurting right now but it's not the end of the Bronco world.

Well in Elway I trust... Replace some players with free agents.. Have a good draft.. Win the afc west again.. Then try it all over again.

spiralism
01-12-2013, 08:06 PM
There's sweet **** all positive to take from this season. We dominated all season and pissed ourselves when it mattered most. Scored 35 points - allowed 38. 3 Deep bombs. A pick 6. Manning rolling out and throwing across his body to cost us the game, Brett Favre style. Having a 3rd and 7 which wins us the game if we convert and we run Hillman into a brick wall for the third straight play. Kneeling at the end of both halves with the ball, 30 seconds odd and timeouts.

Definitely the worst Broncos loss i have witnessed (I'm 22 so Jags game is a bit too far back). I honestly don't know how we're ever going to live this down. For all the unreal plays like Thomas's TD, Stokely's TD and Holliday's pair of TDs today, i'll probably file any video evidence of this game in the "Im NEVER EVER watching that" category.

Put simply, last season we fluked our way through games but it was entertaining as hell even through not being that great and we won in the playoffs. It was fun. This year we soullessly trampled on league doormats for weeks in games where you'd barely even be awake by the 4th quarter before pissing down our leg in the one that mattered.

BroncoMan4ever
01-12-2013, 08:14 PM

Exactly. So many seem to forget that 3 months ago most if not all of us believed this to be a get to know each other season and next year is the year we are ready for the championship run.

This was a great year, fun to watch and for the first time in over a decade that I look to the next season with true optimism and not through homer glasses optimism.

BroncoMan4ever
01-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Elway could still throw a football.

You have to believe there is good reason for Manning's playoff reputation.

Elway also suffered a pretty severe injury to his throwing arm before the first super bowl winning season

spiralism
01-12-2013, 08:43 PM

QFT and Rep.

Tebow got us to the same stage last year and the ride there was not only more entertaining but we won a playoff game. That time we were humiliated but the result was the same - our season ended just like today.

bpc
01-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Agreed. I think it's fair to question Manning like it was fair to question Elway could win the big one when we choked in 96'. What solved that situation was a few big pieces in the offseason. I think we need to add some more talented players. Obviously we have a bunch of spare parts at HB. Knowshon came up lame at the least affordable time. Hillman could be decent down the road and I think he showed a lot of heart but he's a ways off. McGahee is done.

We don't have any difference makers at TE and DT and Decker are possession guys. We need a speed threat to open things up. Stokely is good but is a liability to get hurt with his age.

Defense needs a tempo setter in the middle at DT.

BroncoMan4ever
01-12-2013, 09:08 PM
QFT and Rep.

Tebow got us to the same stage last year and the ride there was not only more entertaining but we won a playoff game. That time we were humiliated but the result was the same - our season ended just like today.

Bull**** more entertaining last year! In Tebow's 8 wins only the last 3 minutes of the games were entertaining. In total we got less than a half of compelling football last season.

Yes, today sucks, but unlike most seasons since #7 hung it up there is cause for true optimism going forward and not the orange tinted homer view optimism. Outside of a few positions this is a very young team. When this season started we all thought we'd use this season to build chemistry and find the remaining holes that need to be filled or upgraded. Think of 96 against Jacksonville we saw holes and got Neil Smith and Darrien Gordon. It sucks to have the season end, but this team will be better next season. We will cut dead weight bring in upgrades and draft more talent.

Sad loss but a good season overall.

TheReverend
01-12-2013, 09:10 PM
http://fixtstore.com/news/files/2010/09/brick-loud-noises-b.jpg

spiralism
01-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Agreed. I think it's fair to question Manning like it was fair to question Elway could win the big one when we choked in 96'. What solved that situation was a few big pieces in the offseason. I think we need to add some more talented players. Obviously we have a bunch of spare parts at HB. Knowshon came up lame at the least affordable time. Hillman could be decent down the road and I think he showed a lot of heart but he's a ways off. McGahee is done.

We don't have any difference makers at TE and DT and Decker are possession guys. We need a speed threat to open things up. Stokely is good but is a liability to get hurt with his age.

It's totally fair to question can he win the big one again. He won it in 06 with Wayne, Marvin and Dungy there, amongst many others. Fox is no Tony Dungy for one and Eric Decker is no Marvin Harrison. End of the day, he's got five home playoff defeats and 8 one and dones and is tied for the most playoff losses in NFL history with ****ing Favre.

Wes Welker and Greg Jennings figure to be available. Two receivers with the right attitude and skillset.. Stay with Know/Hillman at RB for sure. Linebackers (Brooking = Old, DJ = Worthless) and a new CB are now a must.

yerner
01-12-2013, 09:14 PM
They need to add some speed and playmakers on offense. Not sure if deep speed could be used by Manning. But guys that threaten to score. A badass running back would be nice. Less work for Manning. On defense, just keep drafting dudes.

Pretty fun 17 games.

Baba Booey
01-12-2013, 09:14 PM
There's no "great season!" or "get 'em next year!" to be had here. We were the ****ing one-seed and had numerous chances to put this game away.

I'm physically ill right now.

BroncoMan4ever
01-12-2013, 09:30 PM

We need to get Lacy in the draft as our new RB. I would be fine with a trio of Lacy as the feature back, Hillman as our change of pace and receiver out of the backfield and Hester as the power.

TE is probably not going to get much notice and I don't think it needs a new part, because Virgil Green will take Dreessen's job next season and he is a beast in the making.

DT I agree we need power on the interior. We need a guy whi can command double teams and open things up for Von, Doom and Wolfe.

MLB needs a change. Brooking needs to go and DJ has lost his job and was outplayed at the only position he was any good at

And I agree we need speed at receiver. Instead of Amendola or typical slot receivers to come in, I'd love to see us inquire about Percy Harvin. There is our speed and slot answer

To those saying Champ needs a position switch, you are crazy. He doesn't need a position switch he needs to not be asked to cover guys with 4.3 speed. Put him on Boldin today and Harris on Smith and the stats would look radically different. Champ is still a top 10 cover guy in the league. You don't switch talent like that to Safety

RB, MLB, DT and speed at the WR spot are the glaring issues

BroncoMan4ever
01-12-2013, 09:32 PM
http://fixtstore.com/news/files/2010/09/brick-loud-noises-b.jpg

Reaction to the game or to this thread?

Killericon
01-12-2013, 10:08 PM

Our QB is 36 and just had an MVP-worthy season.

Our C is 25, and should be healthy in time for next season.

Our slot receiver is easily replaceable.

Our All-Pro CB is an All-Pro, and while he looked slow in single coverage against Torrey Smith all night, there aren't many players who don't.

Our MLB is 27, and should have some stiff competition for the start job next year.

ScottXray
01-12-2013, 10:45 PM
When Peyton threw the pick in OT I knew it was over.

We shot ourselves in the foot one time too many.

This was a great season according to what we expected at the beginning of the year, and after almost 50 years of watching Broncos games I knew that there are NO GUARANTEES of wins in the playoffs. To have come this far and then wasted the #1 seed is a disappointment that comes close to the JAX disaster in 96. But next year will come around and we will get another chance then. I really wanted to see if we could take Brady out, but that's not going to happen now.

The Truth is that our (mostly) young team did not handle this game well and the Ravens played like they wanted it more. Our defense let them back in the game over and over....Like they thought a one score lead was insurmountable. Moores misjudgeing that throw and giving up that cheap late TD was only the final dagger.
There will be some new players and maybe some old ones in new positions ( Champ?) but this can be a learning experience.

take heart you Maners ...this is not the END.