PDA

View Full Version : Fire John Fox. NOW.

Vine
01-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Wasted 3 timeouts near end of 1st half. Wasted 2 timeouts end of regulation with chance to win. Ran conservative running play with a chance to go for 1st down with 7 point lead to win game.

Indefensible. I figured Fox's conservative mentality would cost Denver eventually, just hoped it wouldn't be in the playoffs.

El Jefe
01-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Stop. Your players play bad in the playoffs they lose. That simple.

Jetmeck
01-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Actually you are both right...............

Rolandftw
01-12-2013, 06:54 PM
I agree he's terrible beyond words. But there's no way he's getting fired coming off of a 13 win season, unless Manning wants him gone.

This game was probably the biggest choke job in Broncos history. Will haunt my nightmares WAY more then the Jacksonville loss ever did.

OCBronco
01-12-2013, 06:55 PM
3 Manning turnovers and shoddy play in the secondary is not a recipe for success.

Clearly, it's all Fox's fault.

Atwater His Ass
01-12-2013, 06:55 PM
co-signed.
Couldn't believe we reverted to Tebow play calling when we have Manning.
Unforgiveable. Didn't even give us a chance to win the game by calling it that way.

We just Norv'd / Martyballed all at once.

Jetmeck
01-12-2013, 06:57 PM
co-signed.
Unforgiveable. Didn't even give us a chance to win the game by calling it that way.

Team played like chit but FOX has a 19 million dollar QB, throw it on 3rd and 7

hookemhess
01-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Our secondary gift wrapped the game for them with putrid play on the field.

Killericon
01-12-2013, 06:59 PM
13-3 LET'S FIRE OUR COACH.

Hey, why do we make so much fun of the Chargers for firing Marty after his 14-2 season? Isn't because it was an awful idea?

winstoncup bronco
Fox should be fired, because this team will NEVER go to a Super Bowl, much less win one, with him as coach. Too conservative at the absolute worst times.

Vine
If the chargers can fire Marty Schotenheimer after a 14-2 season, the Broncos can fire John Fox after a 13-3 season.

Drek
01-12-2013, 07:00 PM
co-signed.

This should teach everyone that it wasn't "Tebow" play calling. It was Fox/McCoy play calling and Tebow was doing everything he could to make something out of it.

Rolandftw
01-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Team played like chit but FOX has a 19 million dollar QB, throw it on 3rd and 7

I don't have a problem with being conservative there. I have a problem with two safeties getting beat deep with 40 seconds left on the clock and Baltimore out of timeouts

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-12-2013, 07:01 PM
His conservative play lost the game. End of that 4th was pathetic. Only fitting he kneeled with 2 timeouts to ice the cake.

Something needs to change.

Aftermath
01-12-2013, 07:03 PM
13-3 LET'S FIRE OUR COACH.

Hey, why do we make so much fun of the Chargers for firing Marty after his 14-2 season? Isn't because it was an awful idea?

Regular season don't mean chit. Our schedule was pretty easy after the first 5. I don't know if he should be fired or not but my god, you have Peyton Manning and your play calling makes me think you have Jake Delhomme. You play to win the game. Baltimore should have never even gotten the ball back.

Aftermath
01-12-2013, 07:04 PM
His conservative play lost the game. End of that 4th was pathetic. Only fitting he kneeled with 2 timeouts to ice the cake.

Something needs to change.

I wanted to vomit when we kneeled. WTF was that. We need 25 yards to give Prater a shot.

broncswin
01-12-2013, 07:05 PM
The whole ****ing game was a mother ****ing mess...just lost to a pile of ****, throw it up for grabs ravens team...fox sucked, defense sucked, refs sucked, manning sucked...we lost...embarrassing!

Kaylore
01-12-2013, 07:05 PM
We were outcoached, outplayed and got some bad calls.

Lycan
01-12-2013, 07:07 PM
At least take away any say he has in play-calling and get a new OC. Anyone who thinks McCoy is a competent play-caller has lost his mind.

Unfortunately it won't happen. Bowlen is loyal and will look at the record instead of the actual games. I don't blame him, but still.

Hamrob
01-12-2013, 07:07 PM
If they don't fire Fox....they should get rid of McCoy and get a decent Offensive Coordinator in here with some balls!

DBroncos4life
01-12-2013, 07:08 PM
This should teach everyone that it wasn't "Tebow" play calling. It was Fox/McCoy play calling and Tebow was doing everything he could to make something out of it.

Hilarious! Teblow isn't going to be in the NFL next season he SUCKS THAT ****ING BAD

spiralism
He should be fired on the spot. Knew the pussy ass decisions inside the two minutes were going to bury us.

oubronco
Rahim knocks the ball down we win and all is Great!! instead he takes a horrible angle and wiffs on the ball so let's fire the coach...WOW

Rolandftw
Hard to see either McCoy or Del Rio getting much attention for head coaching gigs after this

anon
01-12-2013, 07:10 PM
I would have preferred to go for the first down but punting with about a minute left and being up a touchdown is not terrible. What is terrible is giving up a long bomb for a TD and then not even trying for a score with time and 3 time outs before the end of the first half and before the end of the game.

hades
01-12-2013, 07:10 PM
Give McCoy a break, he had his next interview on his mind!

/sarcasm

rbackfactory80
01-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Truth is if you watched football the last time Fox made a run (2003 with the Panthers), you would know this is how he plays ball.

It is hard to believe that Manning couldn't overrule him or at least influence him to change some of his play calling. Especially the 3rd and 7 before we punted to them with 1:09 left in the 4th quarter.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-12-2013, 07:13 PM
I mentioned something in the game thread when they chose to run on 3rd and 7 giving 1 minute to the ravens offense. I said they scored right before halftime after that blown field goal attempt way too quick. Giving them a minute was handing them the game. Fox full on conceded the game right there.

I've defended fox before but no more. There comes a point where it's just costing games. And it cost us a huge one. Rahim Moore screwed up but fox and co put Moore in that position. NEVER leave the door open for a team. 3rd and ****ing 7 you hand it off????

go_broncos
01-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Truth is if you watched football the last time Fox made a run (2003 with the Panthers), you would know this is how he plays ball.

It is hard to believe that Manning couldn't overrule him or at least influence him to change some of his play calling. Especially the 3rd and 7 before we punted to them with 1:09 left in the 4th quarter.

I am unable to forget this..I thought we won the game and about to look forward to next week.

Drek
01-12-2013, 07:15 PM
Hilarious! Teblow isn't going to be in the NFL next season he SUCKS THAT ****ING BAD

Tim Tebow is the only QB who's won John Fox a playoff game since 2005. Maybe he doesn't know everything about QBs.

Same with Elway, McCoy, Rex Ryan, and the rest of the NFL. Bunch of JAGs who got passes to the good ol' boys football club if you ask me. If it wasn't for the NFL the lot of them would be lucky to teach high school PE, so why would we treat their opinion as some kind of infallible decree?

All I know is the results on the field. When Fox and McCoy pulled their chicken **** "lets back into the W" antics with Tebow he still found ways to win games. They try that with Peyton Manning and we get embarrassed from half time on. If it wasn't for Holliday this came wouldn't have even been competitive.

So maybe Tim Tebow not being in the league next year, should that happen, says more about the inability of NFL personnel men and coaches to assess what it actually takes to succeed than it does about Tebow's ability to play QB.

DBroncos4life
01-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Tim Tebow is the only QB who's won John Fox a playoff game since 2005. Maybe he doesn't know everything about QBs.

Same with Elway, McCoy, Rex Ryan, and the rest of the NFL. Bunch of JAGs who got passes to the good ol' boys football club if you ask me. If it wasn't for the NFL the lot of them would be lucky to teach high school PE, so why would we treat their opinion as some kind of infallible decree?

All I know is the results on the field. When Fox and McCoy pulled their chicken **** "lets back into the W" antics with Tebow he still found ways to win games. They try that with Peyton Manning and we get embarrassed from half time on. If it wasn't for Holliday this came wouldn't have even been competitive.

So maybe Tim Tebow not being in the league next year, should that happen, says more about the inability of NFL personnel men and coaches to assess what it actually takes to succeed than it does about Tebow's ability to play QB.

They did what they could with at best a CFL QB and Kyle Orton for one season.

broncswin
01-12-2013, 07:18 PM
McCoy will be off to another team as head coach!!! Bring in someone that has some nuts when play calling

orangemonkey
01-12-2013, 07:19 PM

Drek- you are disgusting.

Vine
01-12-2013, 07:19 PM
You can't change ideologies. A person who believes low taxes is best for the economy will always believe low taxes is best for the economy. A person who believes more guns means a safer society will always believe more guns means a safer society. A person who is pro choice will always be pro choice.

The sooner John Elway realizes this, the better. Cut John Fox, reload with a more competent coach, and make another run. Next year.

UberBroncoMan
01-12-2013, 07:20 PM
If the chargers can fire Marty Schotenheimer after a 14-2 season, the Broncos can fire John Fox after a 13-3 season.

...holy ****. Norv Turner is available too!

bowtown
01-12-2013, 07:21 PM
You guys should go start a website. This off season is going to be unbearable.

Heyneck
01-12-2013, 07:22 PM

You are probably right about that... but look at it this way. His only year starting with a real young roster, he goes into a playoff game as a huge underdog and get a win. PM dominates the season and goes into the playoffs with what most thought was the best team in the league, he goes into the game as a huge favorite and just choked (with huge help from the defense). Think about that. Tebow 1-1 in the playoffs with the Broncos. PM 0-1.

Are we a better team with PM? Heck to the yeah!!! There is no denying that. The season was awesome, but there is just something about him that changes in the playoffs. It's not hate. Just look at his playoff history. Last year was a surprise, the playoff loss to the Pats didn't feel so bad. This,... I just heart broken.

winstoncup bronco
01-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Rahim knocks the ball down we win and all is Great!! instead he takes a horrible angle and wiffs on the ball so let's fire the coach...WOW

Honestly, except for the opening return, the game never had that feeling that we were special. Always had the feeling that we would somehow blow it. Just the way the game was playing out. Mistakes all over the ****ing place, bad reffing, and just absolute no balls playcalling at crucial times.

Two things for Fox to think about all offseason: run on 3rd & 7 when you can ice the game, kneel with 30 seconds and two timeouts. Either he has zero balls, or Manning can't throw in the cold. Either way, someone must pay.

Hulamau
01-12-2013, 07:32 PM
We were outcoached, outplayed and got some bad calls.

Thats it in a nutshell,

I loath Foxy's tendency to go much too Conservative at the worst possible time as he did tonight which assured defeat snatched from the Jaws of victory, but we got outplayed in the secondary, were definitely out coached with several poor decisions by Foxy and got jobbed for sure on several terrible ref calls including the 7 point 'gimme' non-call with the Interference mugging of Decker that was ignored and that led to the ref called pick 6 standing.

The weather wasnt our friend today either, but wasn't the main factor either, the offense really lost its rhythm for most of the second half after Knowshon went down buy by the time both Manning and Hillman got in a groove and helped set up what SHOULD have been the winning TD by DT, it all was thrown out the window when, after getting the ball back after a great defensive stand, Fox then calls three 'Dive' runs right up the middle by Hillman which weren't even trying to get more than 2 to 3 yards max per carry . it was unforrivable not to at least let Manning try the safest Play action pass we had on 3rd and 7 when Manning had been in a groove the last two drives!

Unbelievable really, and this one will really sting for a while, but maybe it will also serve as the motivation to kick ass, after a few more critical position improvements in the off-season and lead to the same kind of successful season we had the next two years after the similar Jacksonville heartbreaker upset in the divisional game in the 1996 season!?

Time will tell. Of course, firing Fox isn't the answer, but John Elway making sure Fox fully acknowledges and 'owns' his critical play calling mistakes at the end of the game and insure he will no longer make such consistently anal calls at the end of games is very much called for!

Better luck next year!

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Morenos injury was big. And people said I was wrong calling him injury prone at the worst times.

Drek
01-12-2013, 07:36 PM
They did what they could with at best a CFL QB and Kyle Orton for one season.

And that strategy also just so happens to be exactly what they did with a future first ballot HoF QB.

At some point you stop blaming the tool and start blaming the idiot holding it.

DBroncos4life
01-12-2013, 07:41 PM
And that strategy also just so happens to be exactly what they did with a future first ballot HoF QB.

At some point you stop blaming the tool and start blaming the idiot holding it.
Tebow is on his way out of the NFL. How you can think he is anywhere close to the answer is down right nuts. You can't say Fox was the reason why Tebow failed when Fox was the only coach that would play him. The rest of the NFL is done with him.

hades
01-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Thats it in a nutshell,

I loath Foxy's tendency to go much too Conservative at the worst possible time as he did tonight which assured defeat snatched from the Jaws of victory, but we got outplayed in the secondary, were definitely out coached with several poor decisions by Foxy and got jobbed for sure on several terrible ref calls including the 7 point 'gimme' non-call with the Interference mugging of Decker that was ignored and that led to the ref called pick 6 standing.

The weather wasnt our friend today either, but wasn't the main factor either, the offense really lost its rhythm for most of the second half after Knowshon went down but the time Hillman got in a groove and helped set up what SHOULD have been the winning TD by DT, it all was thrown out the window when, after getting the ball back after a great defensive stand, Fox then calls three 'Dive' runs right up the middle which werent even trying to get more than 2 to 3 yards max per carry and did so again on 3rd and 7 when Manning had been in a groove the last two drives!

Unbelievable really and this one will really sting for a while but maybe it will also serve as the motivation to kick ass, after a few more critical position improvements in the offseason for the same kind of successful season we had the next two years after the similar Jacksonville upset in the divisional game in 1996 season!?

Time will tell. Of course, firing Fox isn't the answer, but John Elway making sure Fox fully acknowledges and owns his critical mistakes at the end of the game and will no longer make such consistently anal calls at the end of games is very much called for!

Better luck next year!

Yeah, I can hear the Fox after-game press conference. Well, we made a few bad plays and will watch the film and make the necessary adjustments...

It's 8:46 CST and I'm still sad.

Atwater His Ass
01-12-2013, 07:50 PM
It just sure seemed like Fox inserted himself more in this game in regards to play calling and direction (conservative vice aggressive calling). Which was basically what was happening the first 5 games of the season. Once the training wheels were allowed to come off, this team was an a tear.

Why did Fox decide to go back to the stoneage **** that wasn't working earlier in the year? Why not just let the team continue to roll with what was working and trust his players and coaches to continue to execute that vision? Boggles my ****ing mind.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Yeah, I can hear the Fox after-game press conference. Well, we made a few bad plays and will watch the film and make the necessary adjustments...

It's 8:46 CST and I'm still sad.

This will never be forgotten. Considering the position they were in under 2 minutes to go in the game, it makes it the worst loss the broncos have ever had. The SBs were blow outs. At least they didnt leave a win on the field.

hades
01-12-2013, 07:52 PM
This will never be forgotten. Considering the position they were in under 2 minutes to go in the game, it makes it the worst loss the broncos have ever had. The SBs were blow outs. At least they didnt leave a win on the field.

Yup, the end of each half will give me night terrors! I told my wife, watch, hardly any time left and they will go down and score... Happened both times.

winstoncup bronco
01-12-2013, 07:55 PM
It just sure seemed like Fox inserted himself more in this game in regards to play calling and direction (conservative vice aggressive calling). Which was basically what was happening the first 5 games of the season. Once the training wheels were allowed to come off, this team was an a tear.

Why did Fox decide to go back to the stoneage **** that wasn't working earlier in the year? Why not just let the team continue to roll with what was working and trust his players and coaches to continue to execute that vision? Boggles my ****ing mind.

I swear, if it boils down to Manning not being able to throw in bitter cold weather, a mushroom cloud will form over my house.

Armchair Bronco
01-12-2013, 08:01 PM
Apparently, Fox got in one of those Dodge Dart time machines and thought he had Tebow on the 3rd and 7 play. :facepalm:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Dodge-Dart.jpg

Karenin
01-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Fox is complete and total garbage. He needs to be fired tonight and Del Rio or McCoy needs to be promoted. Inexcusable.

Hulamau
01-13-2013, 12:24 AM

Fox has a number of attributes that has made him well suited for helping to stabilize this turn around project and provide the steady, good 'ole boy hand that all the players could feel comfortable with ... and yet he has shown one glaring consistent weakness, at least when it comes to being a very successful playoff calibre coach, and that is his innate ultra-conservative viewpoint on life that overall makes his first instincts to go for the safest option in all situations when there is risk and yet high reward for a bit of boldness at the right time.

That isnt always a bad thing, but since this is so ingrained in his instincts, the few times he does try to go for it ... like on a 4th down or a fake FG for instance, it so often lacks the kind of natural instinct for the right time and place to go for it, that those few attempts at breaking his conservative pattern too often backfire on his and fail.

This then has only reinforced his tendency at the end of games when we have had a lead, usually what he considers a safe lead of 10+ points midway through the fourth quarter, to then pull back on the offenive reins .. which means curtailing or preventing any passing even when Peyton Manning is in a groove!

Instead at these times Fox then tends to fall back on his conservative formula of three straight 'dive plays' up the middle with hardly even any intention of getting a first down. If the RB happens to stumble forward enough to get a first then all the better and he looks more like a genius in his own mind, but in reality he is just as content to run some more time off the clock and then punt and let his beloved defensive side of the ball hold the other teams offense in check until 'hopefully' the clock runs out. This can work when its mathematically next to impossible for a come back, but not with only a 7 point lead with 2:30 minutes left in a playoff game!!!

I'm not at all suggesting there is no place for playing it so safe late in a game, but Foxy's failure and his Achilles heal, lies in his lack of nuance and 'gut feel' of when to use it and under what scenarios and circumstances to call for going for it with bolder and some what higher risk but much higher reward play calling!

He may have a whole bucket of stats proving to himself that 80% of the time this strategy works out for the best... However, the problem is he then uses it almost 100% of the time at the end of games when ever we have a decent lead, but even as tonight an unsafe 7 point lead in a critical win or go home playoff game against a very skilled and experienced playoff opponent!

Almost all the cases he has used it this year, we still won which only reinforced his conviction no doubt in his strategy. Even though it always resulted in us winning by a significantly lesser margin than we would have won by had we played more like what got us the lead to begin with, until very near the game's end. And if we did not also go into a prevent defense mode at the same time that we took the foot off the offensive gas.

This kind of myopic shortsightedness which is clearly driven by his inherent aversion to even modest risk/ high reward game planning in the last half of 4th quarters when running out the clock seems so much more his own speed, and is just what killed us tonight!

For sure, there were plenty other factors, including a big let down by our whole secondary tonight .. except for our best CB Chris Harris (Tony Carter also made a few good plays plus one costly PI penalty), the untimely loss of Knowshon for the whole second half which threw off the Offensive rhythm for all of the third quarter and half of the 4th quarter before Hillman and Manning both got the flow back in sync.

Not to mention the several really awful and game costing Referee screw ups including gift wrapping 7 points for the Ravens which by itself was more than the difference between winning and losing tonight's game.

But in spite of all that, we were still mostly in control and had a slim but steady upperhand in the game and several times had come back from allowing the big throw TD passes by Flacco.

The real back breaker tonight was all on Fox when he clearly assured failure by snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with his asinine but all too predictable play calling with less than 3 minutes to go when we got the ball back with a 7 point lead and we squeezed out their last time outs.

At the very time when Fox needed to go against his own innate tendency to keep it safe against a solid playoff tested team, he played it conservative once again and it killed us.

The Ravens response was anything but conservative with a 70 yard Hail Mary for the tying TD!! And why not, it had worked three times already and this was the BIG Dance after all!

In contrast, Fox resorted to his beloved 'small ball' which his stats says is the safest way to go 'most of the time', and yet he failed to recognize the perfect time to not go with stats but trust his $90 million dollar all world QB to get you seven yards when the Ravens were not even stopping our pass game much and it wound up costing us everything!

So while you are clearly right in seeing this problem too, 'Atwater his Asz', I wouldnt say he suddenly went back to it. He just continued tonight resorting to the same 'dont risk a bigger win' scenario at the end of games that he did all year long!

I really hope Elway can sit him down and do an honest critique of all of Foxy's many good points as a coach and this major weakness that has played a role in separating him from the elite level head coaches and flexible game planners like Belichek and even the Harbaugh brothers who seem to have than knack for getting it right more often than wrong just when to buck the trend and forget his idea of 'absolute safety first' and go for it.

Agamemnon
01-13-2013, 12:40 AM
People going on about the defense or Manning just don't get it. Yeah a lot of players had bad games but that happens to every team sooner or later no matter how good they are. With Fox though he's always going to make these kinds of ****ty decisions in tight games. This isn't just an isolated bad game. This is who he is. And as long as he is the coach of this team we are going to continue to lose when it matters most. Get your heads out of the sand people...

Atwater His Ass
01-13-2013, 01:06 AM
what's the tl/dr?

KevinJames
01-13-2013, 03:08 AM
God you people are so dumb

fire John Fox?

ahahahha you know how many franchises wish they had fox on their sideline?

this loss is solely on the defense not showing up today, you can blame coaching all you want but its going to get you absolutely no where, once the players hit the field its in the players hands more so than the coaches.

John Fox is a good coach, a tad conservative here and there sure but lets be real, a lot of coaches in the NFL good coaches at that would of made the same call.

eddie mac
01-13-2013, 03:20 AM
Did the Broncos even consider firing Shanahan in 96???

Stupidest ****ing thread ever and you're an embarrasment.

R8R H8R
01-13-2013, 03:58 AM
To the numbskulls who want Fox fired: you must get Elway fired first because it is his decision, and he will NOT fire Fox for this. He actually recognizes that it is Fox that got this franchise turned around from being the laughingstock of the league two years ago.

troya900
01-13-2013, 05:42 AM

Remember when Shanny had the balls to call a play for Elway to pass to Sharpe for a firstdown to ice the game in that tough game at Pittsburgh on the way to superbowl glory? Yeah I do and you know what that took BALLS. Coach **** Fox has NO BALLS and would've called for a ****ing run on that play back in 97 and Pitt probably would've went on to beat Denver then. Say what you want, but Coach Fox's ultra conservative bull**** NEVER wins superbowls it just doesn't.

Patriot 37
01-13-2013, 05:54 AM
New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick is doing his very best to erase all memories of his team's whitewashing of the Houston Texans less than one month ago. He has stressed how good the Texans are and how aggressive his Patriots need to be.

"You don't win a war by digging a foxhole and sitting in it. ... You need to attack," Belichick said at his Wednesday news conference.

I always wondered why they called it a "FOXhole" now I know.

Vine
01-13-2013, 08:11 AM
Some of you Fox lovers are so ridiculous. The Broncos had 14 possessions. They pissed two of those possessions away even though they had timeouts. One of those possessions was near the end of regulation when they only needed about 40 yards for FG position with 2 timeouts. You have a $100 million qb. Manning CANNOT be happy having the ball taken out of his hands during those situations. Absolutely indefensible.

If I were Manning, I would retire, because I couldn't play for a coach who doesn't believe in me.

Vine
01-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Sensible Woody Paige.

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_22363612/woody-paige-john-fox-brings-broncos-their-knees

winstoncup bronco
01-13-2013, 08:31 AM

See, this is why I feel this loss is worse than '96.

That '96 team had no business losing that game. They had HOF players all over the field, and that loss was truly out of the blue.

Fast forward to this year. Concerns about Fox being too conservative, Manning being able to win in the playoffs, being able to win in the cold....all legit questions and concerns that answered themselves. Add on top of that now, is what to do with Champ.

The '96 team didn't have those concerns. That loss should never have happened, and it was proven the next two years that the loss was a fluke.

Last night's loss exposed the concerns and added more questions. This team is not the same as '96. The comparison ends at both teams being 13-3 and losing in the divisional round.

fwf
01-13-2013, 08:31 AM
If they don't fire Fox....they should get rid of McCoy and get a decent Offensive Coordinator in here with some balls!

This. Hopefully McCoy will get fired and Manning will suggest an OC that he is comfortable with who along with Manning will call all the plays. Cutcliffe? Fox should not even be allowed in the offensive meetings.

fwf
01-13-2013, 08:36 AM
God you people are so dumb

fire John Fox?

ahahahha you know how many franchises wish they had fox on their sideline?

this loss is solely on the defense not showing up today, you can blame coaching all you want but its going to get you absolutely no where, once the players hit the field its in the players hands more so than the coaches.

John Fox is a good coach, a tad conservative here and there sure but lets be real, a lot of coaches in the NFL good coaches at that would of made the same call.

Yeah, they should start carving his bust right now with that 53% career win percentage. Just Stop.

BroncoBen
01-13-2013, 08:51 AM

I don't see Fox getting fired, now firing Mike McCoy might be the answer. All season long the feeling was he was alway putting the brakes on Manning, McCoy trying to call the plays like you would with a 'regular' qb.. Not a future HOF qb.

I'm hoping Elway saw this and tells McCoy it's in his best interest to find a job elsewhere .

DenverBrit
01-13-2013, 08:57 AM

Nope, we blamed the team for that one......as we should yesterday's game.

3 PFM turnovers alone should have been enough to explain the loss, but the secondary upped the ante.

Fox was a 'contributor,' not the cause.

Vine
01-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Having heard Fox say that he will kneel on it 10 times out of 10 in that situation, I figured this thread needed a good ole kick in the ass to the top of page 1.

oubronco
01-14-2013, 08:22 PM
No Balls No Glory

Uncle Bill
01-14-2013, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE

This game was probably the biggest choke job in Broncos history. Will haunt my nightmares WAY more then the Jacksonville loss ever did.[/QUOTE]

Not to be a d*ck, but are you like 18 years old or something? I can't imagine anyone who actually lived through the Jacksonville game making this comment (I was at the game, by the way)...

Saturday's loss was no doubt a heartbreaker, but the Jacksonville loss was absolutely crushing. As a franchise and a fanbase, after all of the failures in the SB in the 80's, choking away the #1 seed to an expansion team (I think it was J-ville's 2nd or 3rd year in the league) was about as low as it can get. I mean, Rahim Moore's mistake can't hold a candle to Michael Dean Perry's, at least in my book. There was just a really bad vibe after the J-ville game, like we were snake-bitten and would never get over the hump. After Saturday against the Ravens, sure, I'm bummed, but WTF? We blew a game we should have won, but at the end of the day, there are 2 Lombardi's in the trophy case, and we have PFM and a very good defense to look forward to for the next few years. Plus, NE would have probably spanked us in the AFC championship anyway. I hate to admit it, but their offense is ridiculous, and we just don't match-up against them very well...

Anyway, there's plenty of blame to go around for the Ravens loss, with plenty of questions to be answered and issues to be addressed. But good Lord, things aren't that bad in the grand scheme of things. Sorry to pick on your post, but the hyperbole and douchebaggery have been through the roof on this site for the last few days, and I needed to vent. Everyone just needs to take a deep breath remember that we are two years removed from a team where Kyle Orton and Nate Webster were two of our more prominent players. It's just a game, and everything will be okay. Christ, there only a handful of teams in the league that wouldn't love to trade places with us right now...

Taco John
01-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Sensible Woody Paige.

There's three worlds that tell my the Mayans should have been right...

NFLBRONCO
01-14-2013, 10:58 PM
Last night's loss exposed the concerns and added more questions. This team is not the same as '96. The comparison ends at both teams being 13-3 and losing in the divisional round.

Agree 100%

R8R H8R
01-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Having heard Fox say that he will kneel on it 10 times out of 10 in that situation, I figured this thread needed a good ole kick in the ass to the top of page 1.

You can kick this to the top all you want, but it won't change the fact that Elway is not firing Fox now or this year.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-14-2013, 11:26 PM
can we ban vine from starting threads already?

Vine
01-14-2013, 11:29 PM
You can kick this to the top all you want, but it won't change the fact that Elway is not firing Fox now or this year.

And I might do so until one of two things happens:

1)Fox coaches with a play to win the game mentality, or

2)He is no longer coach of the Denver Broncos. However long that may be.

BroncoMan4ever
01-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Wasted 3 timeouts near end of 1st half. Wasted 2 timeouts end of regulation with chance to win. Ran conservative running play with a chance to go for 1st down with 7 point lead to win game.

Indefensible. I figured Fox's conservative mentality would cost Denver eventually, just hoped it wouldn't be in the playoffs.

So the defense having a bad day. The OL being overwhelmed is on Fox? At the end of the day the game is in players hands. And our players didn't play well. And yeah firing the guy who got rid of the McDaniels stink and brought Denver from laughingstock is a moronic idea unless you are AJ Smith who believes firing a coach after a great season is a good idea

Vine
01-14-2013, 11:48 PM
So the defense having a bad day. The OL being overwhelmed is on Fox? At the end of the day the game is in players hands. And our players didn't play well. And yeah firing the guy who got rid of the McDaniels stink and brought Denver from laughingstock is a moronic idea unless you are AJ Smith who believes firing a coach after a great season is a good idea

It would be a great idea if you bring in the right kind of guy. Think about this: Reload with a better more competent coach next year, or rebuild in 3-5 years after Fox's run becomes stale?

R8R H8R
01-14-2013, 11:52 PM
And I might do so until one of two things happens:

1)Fox coaches with a play to win the game mentality, or

2)He is no longer coach of the Denver Broncos. However long that may be.

Does it make you feel better? Because it is Elway's call to fire Fox, and I am sure he doesn't read your threads, nor does he give a rats *** what you think.

BroncoMan4ever
01-15-2013, 12:37 AM
It would be a great idea if you bring in the right kind of guy. Think about this: Reload with a better more competent coach next year, or rebuild in 3-5 years after Fox's run becomes stale?

Name 1 coaching candidate who is available, wanting to coach next season and is undoubtedly better than Fox.

Right now I am not worried about 4 years from now. I don't recall calls for Mike's head in 96 after Jacksonville. Instead I remember the team addressing weakness and bringing in guys like Neil Smith and Darrien Gordon. We are a 13-3 team that needs speed at the WR spot, a stronger force at DT, a MLB and a RB. Add those then work on the turnover issue and next season can be even better than this year