PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder about the NFL

lostknight
01-12-2013, 06:47 PM
So called exerts, and rabid fans (looking at you IAOFM) know nothing.

Consider. tim Tebow has now won one more playoff game as a Broncos then Peyton manning. More to the point, manning lost the game today.

This game felt like the Jaguars game going in. Supposedly fox, elway and manning, with all all of their years of experience of football would not let this happen.

This is not to say we should not have made the trade, or anything like that, but rather to point out that the media BS and smoke that Dove Valley has blown up our asses is just that. If the goal is to win a superbowl, we took a step back this year.

What a debacle.

rugbythug
01-12-2013, 07:00 PM
stupid

OCBronco
01-12-2013, 07:17 PM
I agree the arrogance of IAOFM and other media types was ridiculous. Baltimore had a healthier team, Ray Lewis back, and a much better game plan.

But I don't see how you go from 8-8 to 13-3 and call it a step back.

Drek
01-12-2013, 07:30 PM
I agree the arrogance of IAOFM and other media types was ridiculous. Baltimore had a healthier team, Ray Lewis back, and a much better game plan.

But I don't see how you go from 8-8 to 13-3 and call it a step back.

The 8-8 team wins home playoff games in OT. The 13-3 team keeps looking for the other team to lose it.

It is abundantly clear now that it wasn't Tebow holding Fox and McCoy back, it was Fox and McCoy holding Tebow back and Tebow going bananas was the only way we could win a game last year.

They gave Manning all the rope he wanted in the regular season but come playoffs and come a sign of Manning not being perfect they jerked it back and choked this team to death.

oubronco
01-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Oh Good Grief

Rolandftw
01-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Lol @ the Tebow groupies, thinking that Denver didn't take a step forward this year.

Get this throw your heads: Tim Tebow will never be a starting QB in this league again, let alone put us in a better spot to win a Super Bowl

Broncos4Life
01-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Enough you stupid ****s!!!

This has nothing to do with Tebow! STFU and go away! If you don't have something to contribute to tonights game then STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smilin Assassin
01-12-2013, 07:45 PM
So the loser of the GB-SF game..step back/

Loser of NE-HOU, step back?

Loser of SB, step back?

This team can play w/anyone. But, it's the NFL and sh*t happens. I like the foundation "Dove Valley" has built here.

This wasn't a one yr project w/Peyton. He'll be back, and have another full offseason w/these WRs, TEs, OL, offense as a whole.

Proud of what the Broncos have become, and can't wait til next season.

Disappointed, but sh*t happens.

Popps
01-12-2013, 07:47 PM
The 8-8 team wins home playoff games in OT. The 13-3 team keeps looking for the other team to lose it.

It is abundantly clear now that it wasn't Tebow holding Fox and McCoy back, it was Fox and McCoy holding Tebow back and Tebow going bananas was the only way we could win a game last year.

They gave Manning all the rope he wanted in the regular season but come playoffs and come a sign of Manning not being perfect they jerked it back and choked this team to death.

Yeah, that was kind of my question on another thread.

Interesting. Very strange, surreal day.

Drek
01-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Lol @ the Tebow groupies, thinking that Denver didn't take a step forward this year.

Get this throw your heads: Tim Tebow will never be a starting QB in this league again, let alone put us in a better spot to win a Super Bowl

And that is a problem with the league, not Tim Tebow, because he's shown he can win games when allowed to work.

Now tonight we saw what the greatest QB of our generation looks like when handcuffed like everyone keeps trying to do with Tebow. Pretty pedestrian right?

My point isn't even about Tebow by the way. You reacting so negatively to his name is your own damned problem. The fact remains that John Fox and Mike McCoy called damn near the last 20 minutes of this game the same regardless of who our QB is, Peyton Manning or Tim Tebow.

THAT is the problem here. The only reason Tebow won with these chicken ****s at the helm is because Tebow can once in a while pull magic out of his ass like nobody else. A true technician at the QB position had the game taken completely out of his hands tonight. They iced him by not letting him throw to win the game at any point after the Ravens answered in the 4th. Why are we surprised that the passing game was no longer in sync after Fox showed no faith in them and McCoy started going back to his run, run, run, punt play calling strategies?

The difference between Tebow and Manning as QBs is inarguable and huge. Despite that the end result when they work under Fox and McCoy is all too familiar.

The philosophy at work here is to always play it safe and back into wins. Champions don't back into wins, they aggressively pursue them.

DBroncos4life
Lucky for us Tebow will be a FA in 4 years when Manning retires. The bad side to that is he will have been out of the NFL for 4 years so I'm sure he will be rusty.

Greatspirits
Our team is on the way up, yes this was disappointing but we'll be back and we'll be stronger from this.