PDA

View Full Version : cant beat the refs

tsiguy96
01-12-2013, 05:18 PM
remember that. you cannot beat the refs in teh game of football.

Jesterhole
01-12-2013, 05:19 PM
wow, worst coaching + terrible calls = disaster

UberBroncoMan
01-12-2013, 05:19 PM
It takes a lot for me to get at refs, but this is about as blatant as it gets. ****ing pathetic.

Ratboy
01-12-2013, 05:48 PM
remember that. you cannot beat the refs in teh game of football.

We were outcoached.

HORRIBLE play calling the entire game.

whether it's McCoy or Manning, it needs to be fixed.

tsiguy96
01-12-2013, 05:51 PM
We were outcoached.

its too late to fix it, obviously. this team had potential THIS YEAR to win it all. they blew it. thanks to champ bailey, peyton manning and the refs. who woulda thought they woulda blew the game?

sgbfan
01-12-2013, 05:53 PM
Refs kept them in the game, but Denver lost the game in the end. Moore is a complete idiot.

Great13
We were outcoached.

THIS! The refs made some bad calls, but that's every game. You have to overcome that. Whoever made the decision to take the knee before overtime should be fired. You have arguable the best QB ever to play the game. 2 timeouts and 30 seconds and all you need is 3 points. You take a knee like its halftime? You basically leave it up to a coin flip, because if Baltimore scores a TD on the 1st drive you don't even see the ball.

You run on 3rd and 5 with Hester? Bring in Ball for pass protection on a crucial drive? Man this team played like crap today, they were coached even worse. Baltimore didn't come in here and beat us, we gave them that game by playing not to lose.

The Joker
Easy to blame the refs.

Some big calls went against us for sure, but we had numerous chances to win this game and it was our own ineptitude that defeated us.

We deserved to lose.

strafen
01-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Our own head coach, lost us this game. Period. End of story...

DomCasual
01-12-2013, 06:06 PM
I'll never blame a loss on the refs.

Wes Mantooth
01-12-2013, 06:22 PM
-Boldin did not catch that ball. Review booth got it wrong.
-PI against Bailey was a joke.
-Tuck rule was ignored. At least an incomplete pass.
-We were not getting the same calls as Baltimore.

While it seemed there was a bias, having a bunch a guys that did not work together all season long and expect a group of "all star" refs can officiate a great game is a joke. They were a disaster. Replacement refs called a better game.

BroncoLifer
01-12-2013, 06:36 PM

While it seemed there was a bias, having a bunch a guys that did not work together all season long and expect a group of "all star" refs can officiate a great game is a joke. They were a disaster. Replacement refs called a better game.

Lack of DPI on the pick-6 is the one that I'll never get over. Was obvious in real speed.

Lycan
01-12-2013, 06:50 PM
The Boldin "catch" wasn't even close. The ball moved in his hands, hit the ground, and moved again.

That referee should be fired as soon as possible. But I'm sure the NFL will just sweep this under the rug.

Nothing to see here.

TheChamp24
01-12-2013, 07:04 PM
The Boldin "catch" wasn't even close. The ball moved in his hands, hit the ground, and moved again.

That referee should be fired as soon as possible. But I'm sure the NFL will just sweep this under the rug.

Nothing to see here.

This sticks out the most IMO, because it was looked at more in depth.
Boldin "lost" possession when Woodyard got to the ball, ball hits ground he regains possession and ball moves after hitting ground.

Jekyll15Hyde
01-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Lack of DPI on the pick-6 is the one that I'll never get over. Was obvious in real speed.

Exactly. It was clearly visible live. That play was a huge momentum changer

That One Guy
01-12-2013, 07:30 PM
The game was way too close to being a Bronco victory to claim you can't overcome the refs. There were at least 3 simple changes which change the outcome of this game.

BroncoBen
01-12-2013, 07:33 PM
When a game is being played that close .. Calls by refs do make a difference.

Wes Mantooth
01-12-2013, 07:33 PM
The disgraced ref in the NBA Donnegy has often stated he could control games by calls at critical moments. Not saying it was fixed but the inneptitude by the entire group .of officials certainly impacted momentum

That One Guy
01-12-2013, 07:43 PM
When a game is being played that close .. Calls by refs do make a difference.

Sure they make a difference. The statement, however, was that the refs can't be beat.

maher_tyler
01-12-2013, 07:45 PM

Worst refed playoff game in NFL history. Yea we played/coached like **** but refs totally **** all over this game. There were countless holding calls that were never made against Doom and Von. Then they turn around and call the holding on Kuper after we had just picked up a 3rd and short. The game was called completely in their favor.

SpringStein
01-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Not that it will do any good, but here is where you can send your comments about officiating. Obviously they aren't going to change anything - but a suggestion that teams that have worked together (even replacement officials!) would do a better job than the ones today.

http://www.nflofficiating.com/Contact.aspx

tsiguy96
01-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Worst refed playoff game in NFL history. Yea we played/coached like **** but refs totally **** all over this game. There were countless holding calls that were never made against Doom and Von. Then they turn around and call the holding on Kuper after we had just picked up a 3rd and short. The game was called completely in their favor.

absolutely. denver did themselves no favors with stupid plays, but they came up big on a lot of plays as well taht the refs undid with penalties. boldin catch, kuper hold etc. denver lost this game with the assistance of the refs.

Cosmo
01-12-2013, 08:01 PM
Not that it will do any good, but here is where you can send your comments about officiating. Obviously they aren't going to change anything - but a suggestion that teams that have worked together (even replacement officials!) would do a better job than the ones today.

I gave them my 2 cents. This officiating may actually make me quit football like I did with the NBA years ago. It was that bad.

ZONA
01-12-2013, 08:58 PM
The refs could have been better but so many things the Broncos F'd up to lose the game. The biggest one is the Moore melt down. Dude, you're a safety, you never let the guy get deeper then you and you NEVER go for the ball like that when you have a 7 point lead with seconds on the clock. Just make the tackle, a FG does them no good. I thought this guy was known as a ball hawk in college. So far, and I know he's young, but I have not seen good ball skills from this guy. And yes, Fox way to conservative. I've always said that. The entire world knew you were going to run the ball every single snap on the last series. You have Petyon Manning as your QB. Throw the F'n ball. They were not expecting it, nobody was. I don't think Bailey can be an island CB anymore. He's still good but what made him great was his closing speed and he's clearly lost that. You just can't leave him 1 on 1 against these guys with speed.

anon
01-12-2013, 09:00 PM
We made too many mistakes to blame it on the refs. But I think the bad calls and breakdowns rattled the team. We were not mentally tough.

El Guapo
01-12-2013, 09:06 PM

I left my thoughts on that link. Thanks for posting it.