PDA

View Full Version : 2013 HoF Finalists - Broncos snubbed

canadianbroncosfan
01-11-2013, 08:10 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000124965/article/pro-football-hall-of-fame-names-15-modernera-finalists

Despite having a few semi-finalists, no former Broncos made the final cut.

dictionary
01-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Total bull****. I bet you that if we win the Super Bowl this year, then all of a sudden, former Broncos start getting more love for the HoF. The HoF voting system is so broken, much like the Pro Bowl.

Chris
01-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Yeah and it's got clueless macaronis in it like Peter King.

Bacchus
01-11-2013, 01:26 PM
My god, Warren Sapp??? Really?

Lestat
01-11-2013, 04:18 PM
i swear there is some stupidity going on with HOF's lately. 3 damn Broncos in the entire hall is a joke.

broncocalijohn
01-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Mecklenburg and Randy Gradishar still wait. That thing is so broken. Gradishar was killing it in a 14 game season.

Lestat
01-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Mecklenburg and Randy Gradishar still wait. That thing is so broken. Gradishar was killing it in a 14 game season.

i love Elway to death. but Randy should have been the first one in.
it's a damn crime that he's still not in(and i hate OSU with a passion, but that dude was a bad,bad man.)

Cosmo
01-11-2013, 04:57 PM
This is the worst list of potential hall of fame players i've ever seen.

Bacchus
01-11-2013, 05:51 PM
i love Elway to death. but Randy should have been the first one in.
it's a damn crime that he's still not in(and i hate OSU with a passion, but that dude was a bad,bad man.)

I agree, but it is Gradishar's fault he isn't in. In 1983 he was in his 10th year. He went to the Probowl that year then he retired at the top of his game. If he would have played 3 more years and been apart of the 86 SB team then he would have been in the HOF by now. In fact if he wouldn't have retired I think Denver would have won at least one of the two OT games they played against the Raiders in 1985 and Denver would have won the AFC West and would have hosted the Patriots and probably beaten them. Of course they would have had to play the Bears in the SB, but hey you never know.

enjolras
01-11-2013, 05:56 PM
The real absolute tragedy is Steve Atwater. That guy is first ballot hall of famer if there ever was one. Gradishar was amazing, but he's on the edge. There is absolutely no question about Atwater and yet he languishes.

gunns
01-11-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm used to the Broncos not getting in. The HOF has become like the probowl. If Bettis gets in it will only confirm that.

Broncos_OTM
01-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Sad, denver has 6 superbowl appearances. Speechless

Broncos_OTM
01-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Even amazed fletcher isn't a ring of famer. Maybe we should go all kc and and demand it

broncocalijohn
01-12-2013, 12:04 AM
Even amazed fletcher isn't a ring of famer. Maybe we should go all kc and and demand it

Do I agree with this? Just look at my adoptee. When you get ripped off by your own team, how do you expect him to get respect for even a Pro Bowl appearance?

KipCorrington25
01-12-2013, 12:10 AM
Andre Tippet is in, is that how you spell it? He sucked so much I can't even be bothered to look if up. My point, it's a joke as is the media and their perceptions.

I'd rather not have guys in the hall and win and use it as a chip on the shoulder.

Bronco Yoda
01-12-2013, 12:25 AM
The HOF is such BS. We have twice as many SB appearances than players in the HOF. Somebody needs to spray paint Randy Gradishar on the side of the building.

lonestar
01-12-2013, 01:49 AM
Since most voters are on the east coast (east of Mississippi) or on the west coast. But mainly on the east coast it's self.

If we played in the Afc EAST like Dallas does in the NFC they would see our team a hell of a lot more.

But we play primarily late games unless we happen to play east of the Mississippi. The EC voters are not interested in watching late game they watch their games the ones they are paid to report and tune out therefore they rarely see our team or our players. They see some hi lights of great plays. Amd frankly folks other than Von and Champ maybe Doom which Broncos over the past decade are or have been worth watching.

As for TD he was a shooting star not around long enough to make a difference. Had he hung them up after his great years and not tried to come back he would have had a better chance now he is known for a couple of hang on years.

The rest of the broncos worthy most of today's voters never saw them. Period.

They sad facts are unless you are super stud like Von playing in Denver is a curse. When it comes to HOF.

TomServo
01-12-2013, 02:11 AM
Same ol' Same ol' i'd just as soon visit that other sham in Ohio known as the rock and roll HOF. the R and R HoF has always been a sham. the football HOF has become one. i wouldnt waste my time visiting either one. why would anyone want to belong to a club that includes michael irvin?

broncocalijohn
01-12-2013, 02:16 AM
Since most voters are on the east coast (east of Mississippi) or on the west coast. But mainly on the east coast it's self.

If we played in the Afc EAST like Dallas does in the NFC they would see our team a hell of a lot more.

But we play primarily late games unless we happen to play east of the Mississippi. The EC voters are not interested in watching late game they watch their games the ones they are paid to report and tune out therefore they rarely see our team or our players. They see some hi lights of great plays. Amd frankly folks other than Von and Champ maybe Doom which Broncos over the past decade are or have been worth watching.

As for TD he was a shooting star not around long enough to make a difference. Had he hung them up after his great years and not tried to come back he would have had a better chance now he is known for a couple of hang on years.

The rest of the broncos worthy most of today's voters never saw them. Period.

They sad facts are unless you are super stud like Von playing in Denver is a curse. When it comes to HOF.

Your scenario sounds more like baseball playing at 10PM East Coast. Late games is 4PM East Coast so I think with one game a week, they tend to watch the Left Coast games. THere could be bias feelings but for some of these players, writers will have to go on stats like Gradishar.
You are totally wrong with TD. He needed those other years just to make it a total of 5. He wasn't a has been but was trying to play injured or never fully healed. It is recent history and the voters know his situation. If Gale Sayers is in the HOF, there should be a spot for TD.