PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos will try to turn up the heat on Ravens QB Joe Flacco

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Denver's defense tied for the NFL lead in sacks this season. The Broncos sacked Ben Roethlisberger five times, Tom Brady four times, Andy Dalton five times, Cam Newton seven times and Philip Rivers a total of eight times in two games against Rivers.
To harass the Ravens' Joe Flacco on Saturday, the Broncos likely will have to hit a moving target.
The Broncos sacked Flacco three times in their 34-17 victory Dec. 16. The Ravens put Flacco on the move in their first game against Denver, rolling him out more than they did in their playoff victory over the Colts on Sunday. Flacco finished 12-of-23 passing for 282 yards and two touchdowns against Indianapolis. Flacco completed only 52.3 percent of his passes, but his average of 23.5 yards per completion will get the attention of any defense. In facing the Denver pass rush, the Ravens probably will put Flacco on the move again Saturday.
"Anytime you move the pocket, it keeps teams with pass rushers a little bit uneasy, at least about attacking one spot," Flacco said this week. "That's something we've been able to do the past few weeks. It's definitely helped us."

Read more: Denver Broncos will try to turn up the heat on Ravens QB Joe Flacco - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22343835/denver-broncos-will-try-turn-up-heat-ravens#ixzz2Hc8sGYWC
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

2KBack
01-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Denver's strength is edge rushing....move laterally to your peril. You wanna stay clean, you better be able to step up in the pocket.

Broncos_OTM
01-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Longer developing routes like what i assumed against the colts will be harder against the broncos cause we have a pretty quick pass rush. If i was the ravens id want to get flacco to move up in the pocket. Doom and miller play pretty good contain. Just my.02

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-10-2013, 07:41 PM
i cant see the ravens upsetting us and i cant see the Texans scoring more than 14 vs the Pats i love to see a kubiak vs denver rematch and mho since he is a xbronco if he did beat Denver love to see the Texans win the Superbowl but the Texans dont got the talent to make much of a game against the Pats

Bronco Boy
01-10-2013, 07:55 PM
Yeah...rolling out a bunch against us is stupid. Quick passes is really their only hope.

gunns
01-10-2013, 07:57 PM
i cant see the ravens upsetting us and i cant see the Texans scoring more than 14 vs the Pats i love to see a kubiak vs denver rematch and mho since he is a xbronco if he did beat Denver love to see the Texans win the Superbowl but the Texans dont got the talent to make much of a game against the Pats

The Texans can score more than 14 but will they, remains to be seen. The Pats D isn't THAT stellar. In fact they aren't very good at all except 2 areas that have been their bread and butter, rush D and most of all take/give aways. If the Texans can eliminate being their own worst enemy and not make the incredible mistakes they did the first time and Arian can find some running lanes, they can do it.