PDA

View Full Version : Ed Block Courage Award

kupesdad
01-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Congrats to #73 for being the recipient of the Ed Block Courage Award. In addition, Congratulations to the other 31 recipients of the award as well

SoCalBronco
01-08-2013, 09:16 PM
It should be renamed the Chris Kuper Award for awesomeness.

Congrats. Kuper is a beast. Ghosts fear him.

broncocalijohn
01-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Congrats to him for that award I have never heard of before.

Pretty good for a guy that isn't very good. Signed, Cuttemdown

Kaylore
01-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Congrats to Kuper! Looking forward to his first playoff game!

orange crusher
01-09-2013, 12:03 AM
Congrats to #73 for being the recipient of the Ed Block Courage Award. In addition, Congratulations to the other 31 recipients of the award as well

Congrats to Simon Fletcher! Just kidding kupesdad. Congrats Kupe!

COWheatGrower
01-09-2013, 01:45 AM
This award is one of the few things the NFL still does that honors the legacy of the Baltimore Colts. Ed Block was the long-time team trainer for the Colts in Baltimore and was active in humanitarian work.

cutthemdown
01-09-2013, 02:42 AM
Congrats to him for that award I have never heard of before.

Pretty good for a guy that isn't very good. Signed, Cuttemdown

LOL funny how it goes from me saying I don't think he is a pro bowl guard yet, and that I didn't think he wasn't in the top 10 guards to me saying he isn't very good. Or sometimes it gets to i supposedly said he's not a good player. What I said was i worry about his injuries, think he needs to get better in short yardage, and that i didn't think he was a pro bowler. Big deal even making the NFL and starting is impressive and should make Kupesdad very proud.

For the record I always said I felt he was by far best guard on the Broncos. Just felt he wasn't elite yet. I hope i am wrong and he comes back to dominate for years to come in Denver.

Whatever though your post was funny.

BowlenBall
01-09-2013, 03:23 AM
http://www.edblock.org/sites/default/files/images/DSC_0600_0.JPG

tesnyde
01-09-2013, 03:57 AM
Thanks for sharing. Congratulations.

http://www.edblock.org/sites/default/files/images/DSC_0600_0.JPG

Very nice looking trophy.

Beantown Bronco
01-09-2013, 07:12 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LEEyijiTW-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheReverend
01-09-2013, 07:22 AM
Congrats to Kuper! Looking forward to his first playoff game!

Wow, I'd forgotten he was out last year.

Congrats for a well deserved award.

crowebomber
01-09-2013, 07:26 AM
Congratulations! I hope he can help the team earn some additional hardware before the end of the season!

Rohirrim
01-09-2013, 07:50 AM
Well done. All the best wishes to Kupe, and may he kick some Ratbird ass! :thumbs:

ColoradoDarin
01-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Congrats Kupe!

ludo21
01-09-2013, 09:16 AM
just stay healthy kuper and pancake ray ray

kupesdad
01-09-2013, 08:47 PM
LOL funny how it goes from me saying I don't think he is a pro bowl guard yet, and that I didn't think he wasn't in the top 10 guards to me saying he isn't very good. Or sometimes it gets to i supposedly said he's not a good player. What I said was i worry about his injuries, think he needs to get better in short yardage, and that i didn't think he was a pro bowler. Big deal even making the NFL and starting is impressive and should make Kupesdad very proud.

For the record I always said I felt he was by far best guard on the Broncos. Just felt he wasn't elite yet. I hope i am wrong and he comes back to dominate for years to come in Denver.

I thought so too... have a great weekend Cut... and all you Maneaxxx

I need to trademark that

kupesdad
01-09-2013, 08:48 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LEEyijiTW-I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is awesome Bean...

baja
01-09-2013, 08:58 PM
That is awesome Bean...

Bean is nothing short of awesome with his clips. I don't even know how he does it, he must have one hell of a memory.

broncocalijohn
01-09-2013, 09:41 PM

It is kind of like Mighty Smurf not ever getting pussy because his buddy cock blocks him. Sure it probably happened a few times and he told us about it...that was his mistake. He will never live that one down. He is known for that and one of the first epic drunk posting while he was stationed in Florida.

Plus, I think I have a user note on my personal page that says worse about Kuper. I think you are trying to backtrack it.

Bacchus
01-10-2013, 03:10 AM
I don't get it. He showed courage by coming back form an injury only to get injured again? Shouldn't Manning have been the choice here? No offense to Kuper but as gruesome as his injury was he didn't miss the whole 2011 season and have 4 neck operations. Plus Kuper has only played in 6 games this year, I believe.

kupesdad
01-10-2013, 07:02 PM
I don't get it. He showed courage by coming back form an injury only to get injured again? Shouldn't Manning have been the choice here? No offense to Kuper but as gruesome as his injury was he didn't miss the whole 2011 season and have 4 neck operations. Plus Kuper has only played in 6 games this year, I believe.

I have an idea.... my neck is ****ed up and my doc says to repair it would be the same surgery that Peyton had (true story). So Bacchus we will find a 340 guy to fall on your leg, break the tibia and fibula and twist your ankle way past 90 degrees. We will both have surgery to repair our injuries, I will wait for almost 2 years before I go back to work, you will go back after 7 mos at which time I will have another guy break your arm, you will have surgery again, in 4 weeks you will come back to work doing hard physical labor while I throw footballs and get knocked around only on Sundays. And then you will have another big guy fall on your surgically repaired ankle and break the stainless steel plate, all the while protecting me from other big guys until it hurts so bad you need to miss work for another few weeks. Upon returning to work while protecting me once again, a few more big guys hit you in the head repeatedly until it feels like your brain is vibrating in your skull. In four weeks you return to work to protect me against Ray Lewis, a first ballot Hall of Fame Linebacker who is retiring this year and wants to go out a Super Bowl Champion.... Who is more courageous you or me?

Tombstone RJ
01-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Congrats to my favorite LG in the NFL!!

TheReverend
01-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Congrats to my favorite LG in the NFL!!

Heyneck
01-10-2013, 08:50 PM
I have an idea.... my neck is ****ed up and my doc says to repair it would be the same surgery that Peyton had (true story). So Bacchus we will find a 340 guy to fall on your leg, break the tibia and fibula and twist your ankle way past 90 degrees. We will both have surgery to repair our injuries, I will wait for almost 2 years before I go back to work, you will go back after 7 mos at which time I will have another guy break your arm, you will have surgery again, in 4 weeks you will come back to work doing hard physical labor while I throw footballs and get knocked around only on Sundays. And then you will have another big guy fall on your surgically repaired ankle and break the stainless steel plate, all the while protecting me from other big guys until it hurts so bad you need to miss work for another few weeks. Upon returning to work while protecting me once again, a few more big guys hit you in the head repeatedly until it feels like your brain is vibrating in your skull. In four weeks you return to work to protect me against Ray Lewis, a first ballot Hall of Fame Linebacker who is retiring this year and wants to go out a Super Bowl Champion.... Who is more courageous you or me?

And that people... is how you get owned!

crawdad
01-10-2013, 09:28 PM

You are an idiot!

Bronco Yoda
01-10-2013, 09:39 PM
They hand out injury awards now?

...(I kid, I kid)

Bacchus
01-10-2013, 09:51 PM
You are an idiot!

So you don't believe Manning deserved it?

I guess I do not understand the award. Kuper and Manning both came back from severe injuries. Manning has played every game this year and Kuper has been injured for every game but six..... Am I missing something?

Bacchus
01-10-2013, 09:52 PM
They hand out injury awards now?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=127&dateline=1357746101

Nobody could take an injury like you!!!

crawdad
01-11-2013, 04:04 AM

I guess I do not understand the award. Kuper and Manning both came back from severe injuries. Manning has played every game this year and Kuper has been injured for every game but six..... Am I missing something?

Apparently you didn't read the response from Kuper's dad. The kid has been sensational. Do you realize how many players would have packed it in after the first injury this year?

Blueflame
01-11-2013, 04:20 AM

Sounds to me like your argument is that Manning deserves the Comeback Player of the Year award and you'd be right. The only other player who might challenge him for it is Adrian Peterson.

This (the Ed Block Courage Award) is a different award and Kuper most definitely deserves it. Congratulations to him and the whole Kuper family.

Bronco Rob
01-11-2013, 04:40 AM
:thumbs:

TheReverend
01-11-2013, 05:50 AM

The award was (and is) voted on by their own teammates, so stop taking pride in acting like an ignorant ****head.

Bacchus
01-11-2013, 05:52 AM
Sounds to me like your argument is that Manning deserves the Comeback Player of the Year award and you'd be right. The only other player who might challenge him for it is Adrian Peterson.

This (the Ed Block Courage Award) is a different award and Kuper most definitely deserves it. Congratulations to him and the whole Kuper family.

Ok, that is fine just trying to keep thing going around here!!

kupesdad
01-11-2013, 10:33 AM

Unfortunately (not really) Manning is going to help us win the SB so he will get the MVP and since Peterson was 9 yard short of breaking the rushing record he will receive the Comeback Player of the Year and very deservedly.

TheManeMan
01-11-2013, 10:43 AM
Congrats Kupe! well deserved! :thumbs:

:Broncos:

Broncos_OTM
01-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Way to cowboy up kuper. I bet your son makes ya proud. Awesome

Cito Pelon
01-11-2013, 02:08 PM
Congrats to Chris Kuper. May all go well from here on out.