PDA

View Full Version : Think I just got tix to Ravens game. Where to stay in denver?

Stagger Lee
01-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Just got a bead on tickets to Saturdays game. Being from the east coast, this will be my first trip to Denver. Any suggestions for hotels? I have no idea where we should even begin looking. Thanks in advance. I am ****ing stoked for this!

DenverBroncosJM
01-08-2013, 05:16 PM
try expedia and then search for anything off of 16th street. can take the rail to the game and a bus back

broncocalijohn
01-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Priceline. Tech Center is not exciting but you can take the light rail for cheap. Also Priceline has some off of Quebec street which has about 4 hotels to choose from but you are at least 10 minutes from getting off the freeway to hit LoDo. That is a budget way to go and hotels are nice (Red Lion, Rennaissance, etc). Have fun!

fdf
01-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Just got a bead on tickets to Saturdays game. Being from the east coast, this will be my first trip to Denver. Any suggestions for hotels? I have no idea where we should even begin looking. Thanks in advance. I am ****ing stoked for this!

Trade you a place to stay for the tickets??? :)

broncocalijohn
try expedia and then search for anything off of 16th street. can take the rail to the game and a bus back

Close to the action but much costlier. he didnt say his budget.

El Minion
Hotel Teatro (http://www.hotelteatro.com/)

Downtown Denver, walking distance to everything, including the stadium. Everything from the rooms, to amenities, to service, to concierge is fantastic.

http://www.upsiloneta.org/CMS/images/stories/five-stars.jpg

Stagger Lee
01-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks to all. Trying to keep it relatively cheap. Found Hyatt Regency at Convention Center for $1300 which includes flights from DC for me and the wife, room for three nights and rental car. Sounds pretty good

LetsGoBroncos
01-08-2013, 05:30 PM
The Magnolia is awesome. The Curtis is fine and both are right near 16th street mall and a 5 minute light rail ride to the stadium

Gutless Drunk
01-08-2013, 05:32 PM
That will work out quite nicely for you. They have a cool lounge on the top floor to imbibe in adult beverages.

Vegas_Bronco
01-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Just stay home and sell the dockets to meeeeeeeeee! My precious.

Nah, I hope you have a gret time...relly gret tyme.

Watch out for fat fingered baltimore fans with knives.

Meck77
01-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Thanks to all. Trying to keep it relatively cheap. Found Hyatt Regency at Convention Center for $1300 which includes flights from DC for me and the wife, room for three nights and rental car. Sounds pretty good

I'm seeing $300 non stop on frontier out of DC round trip. Landing Friday leaving monday. If you plan on just hitting the game and hanging out Downtown I'd say a car is more of a pain in the ass. You won't even need it to get to the game. The hotel itself would probably hit you $20.00 just to park each day.

So that leaves you $700 for a hotel downtown and transfer from hotel.

Stagger Lee
01-08-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm seeing $300 non stop on frontier out of DC round trip. Landing Friday leaving monday. If you plan on just hitting the game and hanging out Downtown I'd say a car is more of a pain in the ass. You won't even need it to get to the game. The hotel itself would probably hit you $20.00 just to park each day.

So that leaves you $700 for a hotel downtown and transfer from hotel.

Damn, I checked Frontier earlier for those days and Monday was cheap but Friday was expensize as hell. Will check again. Thanks

Meck77
01-08-2013, 06:05 PM
http://www.kayak.com/#/flights/DCA-DEN/2013-01-11/2013-01-14

Talk to these other dudes about shuttles and what not from DIA. Kinda spendy for a cab. Good luck.

Stagger Lee
01-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Thanks bro^

Ratboy
01-08-2013, 06:24 PM
If we make it to the AFC Championship, I may head to Denver for that game. I'm checking to see if my miles will cover majority of the cost.

mwill07
01-08-2013, 06:40 PM
car rental is dirt cheap...less than $10/day. much cheaper than a shuttle or taxi, unless you consider parking.

kidbrock
01-08-2013, 08:03 PM
We had tickets to the Broncos/Bucs game this year and stayed at the Westin Downtown. That's where the Bucs stayed too, so it was pretty cool. We jeered all the players as they left the lobby.

Stagger Lee
01-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Wanted to bump this and thank everybody for the info. Got the tickets, and we are staying at the Double tree on Quebec St. Can't wait to actually see my boys play in their home. It gets old going to Baltimore and catching **** from ratbird fans.

Irish Stout
01-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Wanted to bump this and thank everybody for the info. Got the tickets, and we are staying at the Double tree on Quebec St. Can't wait to actually see my boys play in their home. It gets old going to Baltimore and catching **** from ratbird fans.

Double Tree should have a shuttle... you won't really spend any time hanging out on Quebec, you'll want to head towards downtown for the exciting stuff in Denver. But the price is definitely better out there! Good luck and have fun.

Stagger Lee
01-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Double Tree should have a shuttle... you won't really spend any time hanging out on Quebec, you'll want to head towards downtown for the exciting stuff in Denver. But the price is definitely better out there! Good luck and have fun.

Thanks bro. Yeah, price was a factor for sure. We have a rental car, so getting around will be no problem. Looking forward to it like crazy.

OrangeSe7en
01-09-2013, 04:00 PM

You did well. The Hyatt Regency is a really good hotel. It's also relatively new.

lookin' glass
01-09-2013, 05:25 PM
Should the Broncos lose, we're blaming you and will expect that you walk home......

broncocalijohn
01-09-2013, 06:46 PM
car rental is dirt cheap...less than $10/day. much cheaper than a shuttle or taxi, unless you consider parking.

Got mine booked for the next week at around $12 a day (under $30 for two days with taxes). This is for a Corolla and being an Enterprise member (got 15% off). I also booked VQ from Friday to Monday morning checkout for around $370 total (3 nights). Who needs Friday night?

broncocalijohn
01-09-2013, 06:48 PM

Stayed in that area alot for around $40 to $55 a night. You might hit up the Walmart Super across the street but night life is about 10 to 15 minutes away. Get drunk because that ****ing train blows its whistle in the middle of the night.

Stagger Lee
01-10-2013, 04:03 AM
Stayed in that area alot for around $40 to $55 a night. You might hit up the Walmart Super across the street but night life is about 10 to 15 minutes away. Get drunk because that ****ing train blows its whistle in the middle of the night.

Drunkenness will not be an issue. :yayaya:

Stagger Lee
01-10-2013, 04:07 AM
Should the Broncos lose, we're blaming you and will expect that you walk home......

Trust me, if they lose, I'll be blaming myself as well. Ain't gonna happen though, PMFM loves playing the ratbirds.

Bighorn
01-10-2013, 05:53 AM
The past 2 games that we went to we have stayed at the Embassy Suites on Stout street. Last year we drove to the game and then drove home afterwards. This year we took the hotel shuttle and they gave us a number to call after the game said they would pick us up. Wrong so we went over to try to catch a cab and their was about 10000 people trying to do the same thing. Being I'm not real patient we started walking.
We headed over towards the light rail and ended up catching a couple Petty Cabs I think it cost us like $40 for the 2 cabs. My wife and kids thought it was great. Hope this helps have fun..

Jason in LA
01-10-2013, 06:05 AM
I've been to two Broncos games in Denver. Both times I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Downtown and it was perfect. It was walking distance to just about everything that I needed, and the night life was pretty good. The last time I went I rented a car, and on game day I drove to the train station in Downtown (I think it is Union Station). Parked there for free. I think I found street parking less than a block away. I'm not sure if they charge to park in the lot. Took the train to and from the game, and it was quick and cheap. It is only like a few stops from the stadium, so it saved money and I didn't have to worry about being stuck in the stadium parking lot. I had to catch a flight after the game, so it worked out great.

Jason in LA
01-10-2013, 06:08 AM
Tech Center is not exciting but you can take the light rail for cheap.

I've been to two conferences in Denver, and will be heading back there in April. Conferences have been at the Tech Center. You're right, it is not exciting at all. There is nothing going on in that area, and no night life at all. There isn't anything going on at that hotel either.

Downtown is the way to go.