PDA

View Full Version : Jason Hunter

MABroncoFan
01-08-2013, 10:12 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Hunters-Recovery-Coming-Along/5538e44c-3cdf-4a5b-bd61-e069138bcbf7

Wonder if we'll bring him back next year.

BroncoMan4ever
01-08-2013, 10:22 AM
I hope so. Looked like he was gonna go HAM this season.

Agamemnon
01-08-2013, 10:47 AM
He'll be back unless his contract expires (something I don't know). At the minimum he's good depth.

Bacchus
01-08-2013, 10:49 AM
I would think he would have to come back, after all he was the starting DE when he went down.

g6matty
01-08-2013, 10:54 AM
He would have stunted methwolfs growth

SlyEli
01-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Would have been interesting to see Hunter on this defense. It seems like the D doesn't have a lot of big talkers that can get into the opponents head and make them frustrated, and it seemed at least in the preseason like that was his personal mission

Beantown Bronco
01-08-2013, 11:01 AM
He'll be back unless his contract expires (something I don't know). At the minimum he's good depth.

He's a FA. He signed a one year, $700K contract prior to this year.

TonyR
01-08-2013, 11:02 AM
He'll be back unless his contract expires (something I don't know).

One year deal so he's an FA after this season. You figure the Broncos will have first crack at him.

^ Curse you, Beantown!!! LOL

Agamemnon
01-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Well coming off a serious injury it still seems likely that we keep him. I don't think many teams will be pursuing him.

Br0nc0Buster
01-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Where would he play?

Would they go back to the defensive alignment from TC and move Wolfe back to DT?

If we are going to ask our LE to two gap, something tells me Hunter is not that guy

I agree he would be good depth though somewhere, so have no problem bringing him back

Jetmeck
01-08-2013, 11:56 AM
I want a stud DT in free agency this year................

MABroncoFan
01-08-2013, 11:57 AM
You'd think there won't be much of a market for him coming off a major injury, and he may just sign a 1 year deal to remain here.

I wonder if they'd move Wolfe to DT next year if we had Hunter, Doom, Ayers, Jackson, and Beal back also. Vickerson and Bannan are FAs, and I imagine Ty Warren is a long shot even if they bring him back again, coming off so many injuries.

ZONA
01-08-2013, 12:35 PM
I want a stud DT in free agency this year................

Agreed. I think Ty Warren is the bigger question mark here vs Hunter. Warren is definitely that beast DT when healthy but how can you not argue the huge concern over health at this point. The dude hasn't played in a regular season game in 2 years. It's going to be very interesting with him this offseason. Do they bring him back and give him 1 last chance or do they bring in somebody else. Sure would have loved to kept Bunkley. Dude could have been on a Superbowl winning team if he stayed. But I would love for this team to have a Mebane, Atkins or Wilfork. That's what I want most in the offseason.

Beantown Bronco
01-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Warren hasn't been healthy for a full year, or done anything of note, since 2007. If they bring that stiff back for anything other than a training camp body making the vet minimum, I'm gonna lose it.

I called it the day he was signed. He's done.

Beantown Bronco
01-08-2013, 12:40 PM
The dude hasn't played in a regular season game in 2 years.

1 start in the last THREE years.

cmhargrove
01-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Didn't Hunter basically have Ayers' job? I thought that spot in the rotation was Hunter's job to lose, then he got injured.

TonyR
01-09-2013, 07:38 AM
...Hunter has been a constant figure at Dove Valley for his rehab, and he says his teammates have been highly supportive in helping him get through the process.

The 29-year-old Appalachian State alum says he'll be ready to go for the 2013 season, but he is due to hit free agency this offseason. Of course, if he weren't in the Broncos' plans, they'd have given him an injury settlement and sent him on his way long ago. Figure to see him back on a non-guaranteed contract and competing for a spot in camp come summertime. http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/kuper-on-track-for-career-playoff-debut-lard