PDA

View Full Version : McGahee

MABroncoFan
01-07-2013, 01:59 PM
from rotoworld...

Willis McGahee (knee, injured reserve/designated for return) conceded
Monday that he couldn't play in a game if one were tomorrow.

"If we played a game tomorrow, no I couldn't go," said McGahee, who is eligible to play if the Broncos make the AFC Championship Game. McGahee tore his MCL and suffered a crack in his leg on November 18. He can resume practicing on Tuesday, but it's beginning to sound like a long shot that McGahee will make any meaningful impact before the Super Bowl, at the soonest.

Pick Six
01-07-2013, 02:13 PM
That's OK. Knowshon has exceeded my expectations...

Lestat
01-07-2013, 02:15 PM
means we just have to make the super bowl then.

Kaylore
01-07-2013, 02:19 PM
means we just have to make the super bowl then.

Well at least we have a good reason to do that now.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Anyone else just meet this news with a shrug?

broncocalijohn
01-07-2013, 02:53 PM

No, I think we have a great problem if both are available. Coach is a hot head with fumbles outside of McGahee. I don't think we should even consider him this game but I would like that option. He is very important to us but then again, we didn't lose a beat with Moreno in there.

Jetmeck
01-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Well at least we have a good reason to do that now.

Sometimes your sarcasm is not funny in the least but this is NOT one of those times...........................

Armchair Bronco
01-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Even if his knee is ready, he won't be in "football shape". An uninjured Brandon Browner returned to the starting lineup for the Seahawks after a 4-game suspension, and he looked like crap for a large chunk of the game missing tackles and making arm tackles and getting fooled by WR's. Good thing for him it didn't cost the Hawks.

Knowshon is going just fine; if Hillman could just learn to block better we'd be golden.

extralife
01-07-2013, 03:51 PM

I don't understand why people don't seem to care. Even if Moreno was tearing it up, the one position on the field you want to have depth at is RB. And this just in: Knoshown has been bad the last two weeks. Not "serviceable," or whatever other euphemism you might toss around--just bad.

Bacchus
01-07-2013, 04:17 PM
I don't understand why people don't seem to care. Even if Moreno was tearing it up, the one position on the field you want to have depth at is RB. And this just in: Knoshown has been bad the last two weeks. Not "serviceable," or whatever other euphemism you might toss around--just bad.

Moreno is better than expected but he isn't as good as McGahee. McGahee is quicker, stronger, probably faster and a better pass protector.

avangeline
01-08-2013, 12:39 AM
Even if his knee is ready, he won't be in "football shape".
http://www.booksstore.info/11k/bass.jpg
http://www.booksstore.info/jokelist/boa.jpg

troya900
01-08-2013, 12:56 AM
Not too broken up about it. McGahee's fumbles were really growing tiresome. At least Knowshon's been taking care of the ball and I believe that will help this team win more than the extra few yards McGahee might get.

sgbfan
01-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Knowshon's been great, but he can't touch McGahee in short yardage and goalline.

Jetmeck
01-08-2013, 01:50 AM
McGahee is a tough ass runner...............period.

Moreno has improved but Willis is still better.

I would love to have a healthy Willis this week............

don't you know the guy would love to punish his old team.

ZONA
01-08-2013, 03:23 AM
Even if his knee is ready, he won't be in "football shape". An uninjured Brandon Browner returned to the starting lineup for the Seahawks after a 4-game suspension, and he looked like crap for a large chunk of the game missing tackles and making arm tackles and getting fooled by WR's. Good thing for him it didn't cost the Hawks.

Knowshon is going just fine; if Hillman could just learn to block better we'd be golden.

Pretty hard to pick up that 250 pound blitzing LB'er or 290 pound DE when you're only 190 soaking wet. It's not Hillmans technique (although that could improve some) that is his biggest problem. He's just not a big man who can pick up those free rushing big guys. I've seen him in the correct position to block several times, he just gets run over.

GoBroncos DownUnder
01-08-2013, 07:17 AM
As the defense rolls backward to try to stop Manning... the solution is:

Jacob Hester ;)

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/3056777620/17b05a0ace82958cbccaeab0aa12d918.jpeg

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/158430411-denver-broncos-running-back-jacob-hester-is-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QWMfy%2BjY%2FGOwqHlMX2D%2FfZ hJw7DN3dFHWACQrWOvbFDj

2KBack
01-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Hester has played great...I loved that guy in college. I hope he sticks around, he has fit in pretty well

Beantown Bronco
01-08-2013, 07:22 AM
And this just in: Knoshown has been bad the last two weeks. Not "serviceable," or whatever other euphemism you might toss around--just bad.

Huh? His numbers for the last two weeks would equate to about 1500 combined rushing and receiving yards, 8 TDs and 0 fumbles. And that doesn't even take into account the fact that he sat out half of the KC game because they didn't need him and wanted to rest him up for the playoffs.

Kaylore
01-08-2013, 07:25 AM
McGahee is a tough ass runner...............period.

Anyone else find this sentence hilarious?

2KBack
01-08-2013, 07:28 AM

There is a reason you are the only one saying that...you are wrong

DarkHorse30
01-08-2013, 07:42 AM
McGahee is a tough ass runner...............periods.

fixed it - good call, Kaylore..............................

SlyEli
01-08-2013, 09:54 AM
They need McGahee back badly. He gives them an entirely different dimension to the offense. He gets the tough yards way better than Moreno.

Beantown Bronco
01-08-2013, 09:59 AM
They need McGahee back badly. He gives them an entirely different dimension to the offense. He gets the tough yards way better than Moreno.

myth

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/RB

outdoor_miner
01-08-2013, 10:01 AM

He also has had serious fumbling problems. I like McGahee as a runner better, but his fumbling had become a serious problem. I prefer to roll with Moreno who has been protecting the ball very well.

SlyEli
01-08-2013, 10:12 AM
myth

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/RB

I'm not super familiar with their stat system but I'm sure the 5 fumbles to Moreno's 1 account for Moreno's higher DVOA. I rewatched a couple games from earlier in the season, including the Patriots game, and Mcgahee clearly is a tougher runner than Moreno...he made certain first downs that I don't think knowson would've. But then again his fumbles and dropped passes were crippling and killed us early in the season...if he's not over that then the new and improved Moreno would be the better choice

Smiling Assassin27
01-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Willis mcgahee back at practiceExpand

Retweet
Favorite

Heyneck
01-08-2013, 11:00 AM
What the heck are you guys on? Willis is a good vet, but he can't touch the consitency KM has put togethner. And all those saying Willis ran harder than KM, yeah... maybe back then, but this new Moreno is running with purpose. Plus, he keep those legs moving after contact. Moreno has been great running after contact this last month an a half. He is also kicking ass running up the middle. Something he would struggle with on a consistent basis. Heck, if it weren't for the blocking hiccups here and there he would own.

Moreno had 120 something yards, against the Ratbirds, but 100+ running right up the gut. Impressive! Trust me, if we make it to the Super Bowl it will be with Moreno rocking the boat. But it sure will be great having Willis coming in when KM takes a breather.

Beantown Bronco
01-08-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm not super familiar with their stat system but I'm sure the 5 fumbles to Moreno's 1 account for Moreno's higher DVOA. I rewatched a couple games from earlier in the season, including the Patriots game, and Mcgahee clearly is a tougher runner than Moreno...he made certain first downs that I don't think knowson would've. But then again his fumbles and dropped passes were crippling and killed us early in the season...if he's not over that then the new and improved Moreno would be the better choice

2nd to last column....success rate. It dispels any notion that Moreno doesn't get the necessary tough yards. You should notice that McGahee and Moreno are essentially identical in this category and are actually #1 and #2 in the entire league.

ZONA
01-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Both KM and WM run very hard. KM right now has better ball control but WM does have better vision and feel. I think his YPC is over 4 if I'm not mistaken. I hope WM gets back next game for sure, both guys together would really help against the Pats. I'll tell you this though, KM right now has his future in his own hands. He runs hard this weekend and produces good stats and doesn't fumble, I think he's locked himself in as the starter for the rest of the postseason, even if WM comes back. If KM run hard and has good stats all the way to the Superbowl, he's locked himself in as the starter going into next season. A huge couple of games in front of KM right now that will hugely impact his future.

SlyEli
01-08-2013, 11:19 AM
2nd to last column....success rate. It dispels any notion that Moreno doesn't get the necessary tough yards. You should notice that McGahee and Moreno are essentially identical in this category and are actually #1 and #2 in the entire league.

The fact that they are the top two in the league is a testament to the great job the o-line has done in run blocking. I think the stat proves that McGahee does a little more with what he's given, or at least has fewer negative plays.

Either way, Moreno has done a good job of cutting and reading. I think the bigger question may be whether the run game will be as strong with a gimpy Kuper instead of Ramirez, who has been real solid the last few weeks

ZONA
01-08-2013, 11:27 AM
The fact that they are the top two in the league is a testament to the great job the o-line has done in run blocking. I think the stat proves that McGahee does a little more with what he's given, or at least has fewer negative plays.

Either way, Moreno has done a good job of cutting and reading. I think the bigger question may be whether the run game will be as strong with a gimpy Kuper instead of Ramirez, who has been real solid the last few weeks

Well how gimpy could Kuper be? He's not been on the field for 5 weeks. I'm sure he's ready to go. He might have some pain in the ankle but I doubt he's rollin out there with real problems going on in that ankle.

Jetmeck
01-08-2013, 01:41 PM

There is no dispelling what every Bronco fans...Willis is the toughest runner on the roster.

Stats are for fools and women who know nothing about the game.

We all know Moreno has made steps but Willis is still the toughest runner, then Moreno, then Hillman.

extralife
01-08-2013, 03:47 PM
There is a reason you are the only one saying that...you are wrong

over the last two weeks, KM has run for 3.29 yards per carry. I dunno, maybe you weren't around when 3.29 YPC was ****, but it is ****.

YPC is not the end-all stat, but his numbers are consistently low and the volume hasn't been there in an effective way since the Oakland and Baltimore games. He still dances, he's still slow. Those things aren't going to change.

2KBack
01-08-2013, 03:58 PM
over the last two weeks, KM has run for 3.29 yards per carry. I dunno, maybe you weren't around when 3.29 YPC was ****, but it is ****.

YPC is not the end-all stat, but his numbers are consistently low and the volume hasn't been there in an effective way since the Oakland and Baltimore games. He still dances, he's still slow. Those things aren't going to change.

Which of course, like I said before, you are wrong. Moreno only played about 1 half of the KC game, and was on pace for more than 100 total yards with a TD. Likely more considering KC gave up in the second half (but those would be considered garbage stats or only playing well against KC stats by you), and he had 130 total yards in the Browns game. Neither are considered bad by any stretch, unless you have an agenda of course.

Bad is what we did to Ray Rice, allowing him a total of 41 yards and basically forcing Baltimore not to use him.