PDA

View Full Version : Demari(oh$6*xefr~aw7yu*jayius Thomas has the flu

Kaylore
01-07-2013, 11:06 AM
So does David Bruton and Britton colquitt per Les Shapiro.

bfoflcommish
01-07-2013, 11:07 AM
better now than friday

TonyR
01-07-2013, 11:11 AM
You can assume that other players will come down with it over the next few days. Hopefully nobody important...

Maybe they can dose the whole team with antivirals?

lonestar
01-07-2013, 11:13 AM
So does David Bruton and Britton colquitt per Les Shapiro.

Well that sucks lets hope they regain their strength by game time.

HILife
01-07-2013, 11:18 AM
flu shot? Anybody?

broncswin
01-07-2013, 11:19 AM
flu shot? Anybody?

More for the head flu than stomach flu

Requiem
01-07-2013, 11:24 AM
If it is stomach flu it is done in 24-48 hours. Had it a few weeks ago and I barfed at least every 10 minutes for 12 hours straight. :)

Beantown Bronco
01-07-2013, 11:25 AM
[Insert obligatory pic of the Predator puking on the field a few years ago in New England]

Kaylore
01-07-2013, 11:30 AM
I went through Codeine withdrawal a few weeks ago and that was worse than any flu I've ever had. I was able to get into work, though.

g6matty
01-07-2013, 11:30 AM
me too

ludo21
01-07-2013, 11:31 AM
QUARANTINE PMFM STAT!!!

theAPAOps5
01-07-2013, 11:32 AM
I doubt they report if its stomach flu. It's the bad flu that is ravaging Colorado and the U.S. lets hope it's just a mild strain. That is bad, especially if it gets passed around.

g6matty
01-07-2013, 11:40 AM
maybe dumbass should wear a hoodie at practice like everyone else

http://mediacenter.smugmug.com/photos/i-nbqZXwT/0/L/i-nbqZXwT-L.jpg

SonOfLe-loLang
01-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Ooof...the flu is really going around this year isnt it.

rbackfactory80
01-07-2013, 11:48 AM
I am on day 5 of the Flu today. Only last night did I develop a cough and lost my voice today. I have enough strength to work out tonight though.

ludo21
01-07-2013, 11:50 AM

cold weather does not make you sick

SonOfLe-loLang
01-07-2013, 11:51 AM
I had it for 5-6 days and it ****ing wrecked me. Im in pretty good shape, but obviously im not a world class athlete. Ive never had the flu before, had temps in the 103.5 range, and now have a new appreciation for Michael Jordan.

DBroncos4life
01-07-2013, 11:54 AM

No crap ha ha

jerseyboiler120
01-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Put them on IVs with antivirals and tons of vitamic C.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-07-2013, 11:59 AM
Put them on IVs with antivirals and tons of vitamic C.

This.

And please quarantine PFM somewhere away from the sickies.

TheReverend
01-07-2013, 12:00 PM
I went through Codeine withdrawal a few weeks ago and that was worse than any flu I've ever had. I was able to get into work, though.

...wtf...

bowtown
01-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Rub some meth on it.

gunns
01-07-2013, 12:01 PM
QUARANTINE PMFM STAT!!!

And Von!

Bunch of people at my work sick with it, all the ones who got the flu shot and gave me crap for not getting it.

g6matty
01-07-2013, 12:03 PM

why did i get sick after i was working outside this past week

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-07-2013, 12:06 PM

You're right. There must have been zero other factors.

Cold weather does not make you sick.

Conklin
01-07-2013, 12:09 PM

If you really believe you get the flu or a cold just from being outside in the cold, you are the dumbass.

SoCalBronco
01-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Give him some ColdEeze zinc lozenges. I am definitely a believer in that stuff.. at least for colds...flu might be another story.

Kaylore
01-07-2013, 12:10 PM
...wtf...

I was on cough syrup with codeine when I had pneumonia in November. I HATE codeine so once my inhaler and mucinex was enough, I made the mistake of quitting the codeine cough syrup cold turkey after taking for about ten days every day. Day three I went into withdrawal and it was worse than the pneumonia.

Smiling Assassin27
01-07-2013, 12:14 PM
Just give the guy a charlie sheen blood transfusion.

Fusionfrontman
01-07-2013, 12:17 PM
You get sick from the 'cold' because your body is fighting to stay warm, and your immune system goes down. Thus making you more susceptible to gettign sick. Any doctors that can confirm?

BroncoBeavis
01-07-2013, 12:21 PM
No cause for concern. We got this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/meth-fights-flu-study_n_2094378.html

bowtown
01-07-2013, 12:21 PM
I was on cough syrup with codeine when I had pneumonia in November. I HATE codeine so once my inhaler and mucinex was enough, I made the mistake of quitting the codeine cough syrup cold turkey after taking for about ten days every day. Day three I went into withdrawal and it was worse than the pneumonia.

I always imagined you as an opiate-addicted asthmatic.

broncocalijohn
01-07-2013, 12:22 PM
I had it for 5-6 days and it ****ing wrecked me. Im in pretty good shape, but obviously im not a world class athlete. Ive never had the flu before, had temps in the 103.5 range, and now have a new appreciation for Michael Jordan.

Lot of pussies here that get the flu. Im too tough for the Flu to get me. If you are going to have an appreciation for guys that play with the flu, you should replace Michael Jordan with Craig Morton. He was in the hospital bed and came out to play. I want to say against the Raiders but I would rather say Super Bowl vs the Cowboys so we have the excuse why Morton played so bad in that game.

theAPAOps5
01-07-2013, 12:22 PM
You get sick from the 'cold' because your body is fighting to stay warm, and your immune system goes down. Thus making you more susceptible to gettign sick. Any doctors that can confirm?

Yeah a doctor just confirmed that a cold and flu is actually caused by a virus not cold. But yeah whatever.

enjolras
01-07-2013, 12:28 PM

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

Lestat
01-07-2013, 12:29 PM
never had the flu before. been fortunate enough to not get sick(knock on wood). i rarely get a cold, but when i do it's awful.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-07-2013, 12:37 PM
Colquitt has it?

Game over.

TonyR
01-07-2013, 12:38 PM
I am on day 5 of the Flu today. Only last night did I develop a cough and lost my voice today. I have enough strength to work out tonight though.

You sure you have the flu and not just a bad cold? If you do have the flu you have a very mild case of it. I've had it before and there's no "working out" going on. You can barely raise your head off the pillow. Fever, aches, exhaustion.

Kaylore
01-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Yeah a doctor just confirmed that a cold and flu is actually caused by a virus not cold. But yeah whatever.

If by "just confirmed" you mean fifty years ago, then yes.

Chris
01-07-2013, 12:53 PM
If it is stomach flu it is done in 24-48 hours. Had it a few weeks ago and I barfed at least every 10 minutes for 12 hours straight. :)

That must have been what I had for two days after New Years.

Man-Goblin
01-07-2013, 01:05 PM
This is clearly a biological attack on Dove Valley by the Ravens. They got the idea when Knowshon was able to jump over Ed Reed because he had the flu.

SonOfLe-loLang

What did that feel like? Now im glad i never took mine

Lestat
Post hoc ergo propter hoc

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c54.0.403.403/p403x403/66703_10151374967410030_1103731630_n.jpg

broncosteven
01-07-2013, 01:07 PM

I don't think that was withdrawl, if it were withdrawl you would have been hit well inside 24 and closer to 12-16 hours. Not sure what the half life of Codine is but it surely would have been out of your system before 3 days.

Here I had to google it:

Codeine
Codeine is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. It is rapidly distributed from the intravascular spaces to the various body tissues, with preferential uptake by parenchymatous organs such as the liver, spleen, and kidney. Codeine crosses the blood-brain barrier and is found in fetal tissue and breast milk. The plasma concentration does not correlate with brain concentration or relief of pain; however, codeine is not bound to plasma proteins and does not accumulate in body tissues.

The plasma half-life is about 2.9 hours. The elimination of codeine is primarily via the kidneys, and about 90% of an oral dose is excreted by the kidneys within 24 hours of dosing. The urinary secretion products consist of free and glucuronide conjugated codeine (about 70%), free and conjugated norcodeine (about 10%), free and conjugated morphine (about 10%), normorphine (4%), and hydrocodone (1%). The remainder of the dose is excreted in the feces.

At therapeutic doses, the analgesic effect reaches a peak within 2 hours and persists between 4 and 6 hours.

It should have totally been out of your system before 24 hours, you would have felt withdrawl around 12-18 hours or sooner after last dose. Maybe it was some Ceti Alpha-V stomach bug you got while your immune system was fighting the chest infection.

Pick Six
01-07-2013, 01:20 PM
This thread makes me want to use my hand sanitizer...

baja
01-07-2013, 01:37 PM
Bunch of sickies here.

Can't remember the last time I was sick. Don't even know what it is.

orinjkrush
01-07-2013, 01:40 PM
methinks we should level the playing field. "crop dusting" Ravens practice facility anyone?

IHaveALight
01-07-2013, 01:50 PM
6 drops of nascent iodine in a glass of purified water will defeat the stomach flu or food poisoning in 2 hours.

Chris
01-07-2013, 01:50 PM
My brother and I keep arguing about this

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/05/health/research/05flu.html

Researchers in New York believe they have solved one of the great mysteries of the flu: Why does the infection spread primarily in the winter months?

The answer, they say, has to do with the virus itself. It is more stable and stays in the air longer when air is cold and dry, the exact conditions for much of the flu season.

IHaveALight
01-07-2013, 01:54 PM

Holly crap, time to lay off the processed foods and get your ass into a produce department. ;)

Kaylore
01-07-2013, 01:58 PM
No cause for concern. We got this.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/meth-fights-flu-study_n_2094378.html

Derek Wolfe does not have the flu. Just sayin...

Kaylore
01-07-2013, 02:03 PM
I don't think that was withdrawl, if it were withdrawl you would have been hit well inside 24 and closer to 12-16 hours. Not sure what the half life of Codine is but it surely would have been out of your system before 3 days.

Here I had to google it:

Codeine
Codeine is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. It is rapidly distributed from the intravascular spaces to the various body tissues, with preferential uptake by parenchymatous organs such as the liver, spleen, and kidney. Codeine crosses the blood-brain barrier and is found in fetal tissue and breast milk. The plasma concentration does not correlate with brain concentration or relief of pain; however, codeine is not bound to plasma proteins and does not accumulate in body tissues.

The plasma half-life is about 2.9 hours. The elimination of codeine is primarily via the kidneys, and about 90% of an oral dose is excreted by the kidneys within 24 hours of dosing. The urinary secretion products consist of free and glucuronide conjugated codeine (about 70%), free and conjugated norcodeine (about 10%), free and conjugated morphine (about 10%), normorphine (4%), and hydrocodone (1%). The remainder of the dose is excreted in the feces.

At therapeutic doses, the analgesic effect reaches a peak within 2 hours and persists between 4 and 6 hours.

It should have totally been out of your system before 24 hours, you would have felt withdrawl around 12-18 hours or sooner after last dose. Maybe it was some Ceti Alpha-V stomach bug you got while your immune system was fighting the chest infection.

I'm certain it was withdrawal. Withdrawal is the body's reaction to the absence of the chemical, not just the chemical filtering out. Most people who have opiate withdrawal say day two and three are the worst. That's pretty consistent with my time frame.

rbackfactory80
01-07-2013, 02:05 PM
You sure you have the flu and not just a bad cold? If you do have the flu you have a very mild case of it. I've had it before and there's no "working out" going on. You can barely raise your head off the pillow. Fever, aches, exhaustion.

Absolutely.

Fever and chills and exhaustion day 1->3

Now it has worked into a cold

Chris
01-07-2013, 02:55 PM

Derek Wolfe is the motha****in flu. The METHFLU.

SoCalBronco
01-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Derek Wolfe is the motha****in flu. The METHFLU.

I've found that MethFlu is much more effective than TheraFlu.

BroncoBeavis
01-07-2013, 03:17 PM

The disappointing thing is that it's now obvious DT's slacking on the regimen. Methwolfe has little patience for selfish players who aren't all in. Hopefully he'll gather enough restraint to leave most of DT's fingers intact for game time.

Rock Chalk
01-07-2013, 03:22 PM

Because you're a pussy?

Ever wonder why people get sick in the middle of ****ng summer? Because weather has abs****inglutely nothing to do with getting sick dumbass.

Bacteria and virii do.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-07-2013, 03:33 PM
never had the flu before. been fortunate enough to not get sick(knock on wood). i rarely get a cold, but when i do it's awful.

ahchooo
have a nice day lol

Durango
01-07-2013, 03:34 PM
I'm just now kicking out all the yuk I've accumulated over the two weeks of battling the 'real' flu, and i still have a ways to go for complete recovery. I hope Thomas just has a cold, because this flu is an ass-kicker and I couldn't hardly eat or sleep for several days at the height of this. The strangest part is that I had a flu shot in November. The doctor told me the flu shot doesn't prevent the flu entirely, just puts your immune system on high alert so when and if you do get the flu, it's much less severe.

If what i had was substantially less severe, I'm praying Thomas just has a cold. This thing is God-awful.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-07-2013, 03:35 PM
This is clearly a biological attack on Dove Valley by the Ravens. They got the idea when Knowshon was able to jump over Ed Reed because he had the flu.

this is war then we should declare war on those rat birds and have peyton level their team with 6 point bombs

Lestat
01-07-2013, 04:10 PM
ahchooo
have a nice day lol

a plague, a plague upon your house! :wave:

SouthStndJunkie
01-07-2013, 04:37 PM

Mild opiate withdrawal....symptoms mimic the flu.

You get diarrhea for a few days?

10 days is a pretty short amount of time to get withdrawals from any opiate though.

The oxycodone/hydrocodone based pills are what you have to watch out for.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-07-2013, 04:41 PM
You guys are some sick bastages

Cito Pelon
01-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Mild opiate withdrawal....symptoms mimic the flu.

You get diarrhea for a few days?

10 days is a pretty short amount of time to get withdrawals from codeine though.

The oxycodone/hydrocodone based pills are what you have to watch out for.

The way they prescribe opium-based medication these days no wonder all the junkies out there trying to find a fix. Every little thing and you get offered some kind of opium-based pain medication. I refuse it every time. No way I'm going through those withdrawals, I'd rather deal with the pain.

I've seen the withdrawals, used to call it the joneses or jonesing for heroin addicts. Nowadays it's commonplace to see people jonesing for those prescription opiates like oxycodone, etc. Not just street heroin addicts.

SouthStndJunkie
01-07-2013, 05:03 PM
A lot of heroin addicts started out addicted to pills prescribed to them, then started buying them off the street as their tolerance built up, and then switched to heroin as a cheaper alternative to the pills, which are very expensive on the street.

Chris
01-07-2013, 05:07 PM
I've found that MethFlu is much more effective than TheraFlu.

Until we draft Bob Thera as our second stud DT in a row next year!

Dutch
01-07-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm just now kicking out all the yuk I've accumulated over the two weeks of battling the 'real' flu, and i still have a ways to go for complete recovery. I hope Thomas just has a cold, because this flu is an ass-kicker and I couldn't hardly eat or sleep for several days at the height of this. The strangest part is that I had a flu shot in November. The doctor told me the flu shot doesn't prevent the flu entirely, just puts your immune system on high alert so when and if you do get the flu, it's much less severe.

If what i had was substantially less severe, I'm praying Thomas just has a cold. This thing is God-awful.

I'm with you, Durango. Day eight for me and just now getting to the point that I would catagorize it as "a cold". I spent the first 4-5 days running 102.5 and feeling like I had been hit by a train. I've had major motocross wrecks that didn't make me feel as bad overall as this crap has. Bottom line is it sucks and I'm glad Demarius has the rest of the week, and the resources of the Broncos to help him get over it. Don't forget how many millions of people the various strains of the flu has killed worldwide, even in the last hundred years. This strain this year has been catagorized as an especially nasty strain.

McDman
01-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Never had the flu, sounds miserable.

easymobee
01-07-2013, 08:50 PM
This is good news.

The flu is an awesome diet.

Come saturday all of the stricken will be 10 lbs lighter and feel fast and great.

ZONA
01-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Great news - I'm sure DT will go MJ on the Ravens.

FLU Game - 33 points

http://www.warriorsworld.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/MJ-Scottie.jpg

Al Wilson
01-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Kaylore his name is Demaryius, c'mon mayn

Beantown Bronco
01-08-2013, 06:54 AM
Here's some footage of practice the other day when Manning pulled DT aside after he found out he was sick.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vSCALpmxnLE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kaylore
01-08-2013, 07:00 AM
Rub some meth on it...

g6matty
01-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Because you're a p***Y?

Ever wonder why people get sick in the middle of ****ng summer? Because weather has abs****inglutely nothing to do with getting sick dumbass.

Bacteria and virii do.

Suck my dick fagget.

B-Large
01-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Lets get these pussies some Tussin

B-Large
01-08-2013, 08:35 AM
The way they prescribe opium-based medication these days no wonder all the junkies out there trying to find a fix. Every little thing and you get offered some kind of opium-based pain medication. I refuse it every time. No way I'm going through those withdrawals, I'd rather deal with the pain.

I've seen the withdrawals, used to call it the joneses or jonesing for heroin addicts. Nowadays it's commonplace to see people jonesing for those prescription opiates like oxycodone, etc. Not just street heroin addicts.

You're not kidding.. I was on morphine post op and had only one day of Percocet... I I didn't **** for three days, tried to go and it was like passing a dry brick... Had to use a ****ing enema just to go....

I hate narcotics... Yuck

bowtown
01-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Those of you anti-opitateers, PM me. I have a place you can send them. Doc Bronc, samples are also accepted.

SouthStndJunkie
01-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Those of you anti-opitateers, PM me. I have a place you can send them. Doc Bronc, samples are also accepted.

I like them a lot....have to keep myself in check with them.

If you're not careful, they'll set their hooks in you before you know it.

ZONA
01-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Here's some footage of practice the other day when Manning pulled DT aside after he found out he was sick.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vSCALpmxnLE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think it came from the fact that animals often rub their wounds in the dirt. Probably to help clot the blood at the surface.

There you go Manning, always happy to help.

Houshyamama
01-08-2013, 11:35 AM

90% of the time when someone gets the 24-48 hour "stomach flu", food poisoning is the actual culprit.

Ray Finkle
01-08-2013, 11:49 AM
You're not kidding.. I was on morphine post op and had only one day of Percocet... I I didn't **** for three days, tried to go and it was like passing a dry brick... Had to use a ****ing enema just to go....

I hate narcotics... Yuck

If you have Ambien and a basement, I know a thread that can help.

Houshyamama
01-08-2013, 11:53 AM
I always imagined you as an opiate-addicted asthmatic.

http://i.imgur.com/OTHcm.jpg

Houshyamama
01-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Because you're a p***Y?

Bacteria and virii do.

Even virologists don't use "virii". Stick to "viruses." :)

DENVERDUI55
01-08-2013, 01:13 PM
fondle my genitals, and gently caress my cheek fagget.

You would like him to do that? Did you play for Sandusky?

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-08-2013, 01:23 PM
You would like him to do that? Did you play for Sandusky?

hey what goes on in the showers remains in the showers.
so what if he when he was a kid had sex with sandusky . he enjoyed it.
sorry couldnt resist

Pick Six
01-08-2013, 02:38 PM
LOL at the thread title change...

Blart
01-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Quarantine them in Anquan Boldin's hotel room.

Beantown Bronco
01-09-2013, 08:09 AM
This is brutal. The flu's gotten so bad around here that the mayor just declared a public health emergency.

Mayor Thomas M. Menino declared a public health emergency Wednesday morning because of the expanding flu outbreak. Health care centers across the city will be offering free vaccines to anyone who hasn’t yet been immunized. The city has 700 confirmed cases of flu so and four flu-related deaths. Last year Boston had only 70 confirmed cases.

Massachusetts has had 18 flu-related deaths so far this season, according to the state Department of Public Health.

Confronting an earlier and a harsher than usual flu season, hospitals and other health care facilities are limiting visitors who may potentially infect sick or elderly patients with the virus -- precautions not seen since the 2009 H1N1 “swine flu” pandemic.
UMass Memorial Medical Center this week decided to ban visits from children under 16, since kids frequently contract the virus in school, and only allow patients to have two visitors at a time. “This is something we do during any type of outbreak,” said Dr. Robert Klugman, the hospital’s chief quality officer. “We had these restrictions when H1N1 was circulating.”

Ray Finkle
01-09-2013, 08:39 AM
This is brutal. The flu's gotten so bad around here that the mayor just declared a public health emergency.

Mayor Thomas M. Menino declared a public health emergency Wednesday morning because of the expanding flu outbreak. Health care centers across the city will be offering free vaccines to anyone who hasn’t yet been immunized. The city has 700 confirmed cases of flu so and four flu-related deaths. Last year Boston had only 70 confirmed cases.

Massachusetts has had 18 flu-related deaths so far this season, according to the state Department of Public Health.

Confronting an earlier and a harsher than usual flu season, hospitals and other health care facilities are limiting visitors who may potentially infect sick or elderly patients with the virus -- precautions not seen since the 2009 H1N1 “swine flu” pandemic.
UMass Memorial Medical Center this week decided to ban visits from children under 16, since kids frequently contract the virus in school, and only allow patients to have two visitors at a time. “This is something we do during any type of outbreak,” said Dr. Robert Klugman, the hospital’s chief quality officer. “We had these restrictions when H1N1 was circulating.”

I would have paid $$$ to hear marble mouth Menino read that.

Boobs McGee
01-09-2013, 08:44 AM
LOL at the thread title change...

This one went over my head...is there a meme I'm missing here?

Rohirrim
01-09-2013, 08:52 AM
I thought Thomas spelled his name with just one "y"?

Kaylore
01-09-2013, 09:00 AM

I'm adding a character every hour or so. Why? Because of boobies.

Kaylore
01-09-2013, 02:06 PM
I thought Thomas spelled his name with just one "y"?

Shows what you know!

El Jefe
01-09-2013, 02:49 PM
So has there been any confirmed reports of Thomas or any other player actually having the flu or being sick?

Boobs McGee
01-09-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm adding a character every hour or so. Why? Because of boobies.

http://coedmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/epic-demotivational-boobs-poster-23.jpg

TonyR
01-14-2013, 06:11 AM
It just dawned on me...... is it possible that some of our players were suffering from the flu and that partially explains their lousy performances? Particularly Champ? I mean, did you see that one replay where he completely stopped running and luckily Flacco overthrew the ball? Seems like he quit on the play well before knowing whether or not the throw was good. I completely throwing this against the wall to see if it will stick. But I'm grasping for reasons we played so poorly and maybe, just maybe, this is one of them?

TonyR
01-14-2013, 11:23 AM
^ Disappointed to not get at least one taker on my flu theory!!!

Pick Six
01-14-2013, 02:55 PM

Khan received some flack, for initially spelling "Demaryius" wrong...