01-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Sucks.

People sucking Brady again as usual

crush17
01-07-2013, 09:36 AM
I ****ing hate Dierdorf.

Kaylore
01-07-2013, 09:40 AM
A lot of people hate every announcing team on every network, I've noticed. They are interchangeable to me, with a few exceptions - bad and good.

Beantown Bronco
01-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Sucks.

People sucking Brady again as usual

During a Broncos/Ravens game?

LetsGoBroncos
01-07-2013, 09:46 AM

Saying CBS is sending Nantz and Simms to New England even though we are the #1 seed

Tombstone RJ
01-07-2013, 09:48 AM
A lot of people hate every announcing team on every network, I've noticed. They are interchangeable to me, with a few exceptions - bad and good.

best to just get the audio feed of the game from 850KOA. Problem is the audio feed is like 5-10 seconds faster than either a tv or stream feed. But, who cares? Not having to listen to Dierdork is worth it.

Tombstone RJ
01-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Saying CBS is sending Nantz and Simms to New England even though we are the #1 seed

yep, Nantz and Simms are much better than Fumbel and Dierdork.

Kaylore
01-07-2013, 09:51 AM
I like Gumble. I don't get the Dierdorf hatred. What about him is so terrible? That he's old?

Que
01-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Old people suck! oh wait... i'm old

Kid A
01-07-2013, 09:54 AM

With media favorite Peyton Manning playing, no less.

It's always amusing the persecution complex every fanbase has about commentators, but the threads I've seen this season about media sleeping on Denver or not showing enough respect hilarious.

By all means I enjoy it, but if you step back for five minutes during one of our games you would notice every week is basically booth guys going on and on about the greatness of Peyton, calling our defense "underrated", and generally spending 80% of the time talking about Denver as opposed to the other team. And, hey, this team deserves it, but the media has been anything but unkind this year.

bronco militia
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/pabkov/pabkov1204/pabkov120400306/13388392-remote-control-mute-button.jpg

milehighJC
best to just get the audio feed of the game from 850KOA. Problem is the audio feed is like 5-10 seconds faster than either a tv or stream feed. But, who cares? Not having to listen to Dierdork is worth it.

Going to the game, but I wonder if you could use iHeart radio to get the KOA feed... Its already a bit behind live, but you could pause it for a few seconds, and see if you could sync it to the TV feed.

If you had a DVR on the TV, I bet both could be paused long enough to sync them up (at least it would be easier on my DVR to "fine tune" the timing).

Might try that next time Im watching a game from home.

broncocalijohn
01-07-2013, 09:55 AM

So we get the 2nd team? See 1st 15 seconds (but you will watch the whole 2 minutes!) after you skip the ****ing commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w_naC0saGI

Is everyone healthy from the Ravens? I would hate to hear about their injuries for 4 quarters.

Beantown Bronco
01-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Nantz and Simms are doing the AFC Championship and the SB this year. They simply didn't want the same team to do the Broncos 3 weeks in a row. Makes sense to me.

broncofever
01-07-2013, 09:59 AM

Normally I'd agree but dierdorf was painful last time. Frankly I was surprised he could talk while blowing the other team so blatantly but I guess he's talented that way. I fully expect him to go into deep throat mode for the ravens and ray "I kill people" Lewis the whole game.

broncocalijohn
01-07-2013, 10:00 AM
With media favorite Peyton Manning playing, no less.

It's always amusing the persecution complex every fanbase has about commentators, but the threads I've seen this season about media sleeping on Denver or not showing enough respect hilarious.

By all means I enjoy it, but if you step back for five minutes during one of our games you would notice every week is basically booth guys going on and on about the greatness of Peyton, calling our defense "underrated", and generally spending 80% of the time talking about Denver as opposed to the other team. And, hey, this team deserves it, but the media has been anything but unkind this year.

Then I guess you missed the last time Dierdork was doing our game vs the Ravens and couldn't shut up about the Ravens injuries on defense. Of course we couldn't here them shut up about their great D when they were down 31 to 3.

Kid A
01-07-2013, 10:00 AM

We have a day game, my guess is they probably want Nantz & Simms for the night/primetime. We probably are better off with day game given the temperatures; wouldn't be surprised if Denver pushed to have it then.

Kid A
01-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Then I guess you missed the last time Dierdork was doing our game vs the Ravens and couldn't shut up about the Ravens injuries on defense. Of course we couldn't here them shut up about their great D when they were down 31 to 3.

I remember that, he did kind of beat that drum too much. But it wasn't like there weren't also 100 references to Peyton having a great game. They replayed Knowshon posterizing Ed Reed a lot. It wasn't exactly a Bronco-hostile booth.

Tombstone RJ
01-07-2013, 10:08 AM

yep, I can hear Dierdork now wax poetic about the greatest LBer to ever play the game.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-07-2013, 10:13 AM
I don't really care as much about the 2nd team announcers as I do the 2nd team refs. Officials to call the game?

RhymesayersDU
01-07-2013, 10:15 AM

This. I don't know why people get so worked up over these guys.

baja
01-07-2013, 10:19 AM
You should be happy about this they are putting their #1 team ( Nantz & Simms ) on what they believe will be the most competitive game meaning they think Denver will beat the Ravens easily.

bronco militia
01-07-2013, 10:22 AM
simms and nance are worse in their own special way.

B-Large
01-07-2013, 10:27 AM

But to be fair, at that point, what is there to talk about? Denver was killing the Ravens, the stadium was emptying....

I'd rather heard about Raven D sob stories than Manning with 3 ints, Moreno with 2 fumbles, and the "Denver looks Really Off" type chat..

Ya Dig?

Kaylore
01-07-2013, 10:34 AM
I'm just convinced most of this board hates any announcer who doesn't constantly praise the Broncos no matter what happens. If Dierdorf says "the Ravens need to find some kind of Rhythm on offense" - factually true statement the last time we played them - it's perceived as "sucking off the Ravens." If the they show four replays and wax on about how dominant Manning has been against Baltimore the way they did, no one mentions it.

News flash: Three groups of people are watching the game. Fans for both teams and fans of neither. They have to say things that appeal to all three groups. Getting pissed when an analyst points out something positive about the other team doesn't mean he's a Bronco hater. Neither does pointing something negative out about the Broncos. Neither does explaining a dire situation about a team we're beating when it is a dire situation.

BroncoBeavis
01-07-2013, 10:36 AM
You should be happy about this they are putting their #1 team ( Nantz & Simms ) on what they believe will be the most competitive game meaning they think Denver will beat the Ravens easily.

I think they expect us to win fairly easily. But there's no way they're giving the Ravens less chance than Houston has going back to Foxboro.

For all intents and purposes, this is a two team conference. Things are much more interesting in the NFC. Over there, it's easy to picture any of the 4 winning the conference.
(Except for Atlanta, who will do their 1-n-done **** the bed thing this week :) )

BroncoBeavis
01-07-2013, 10:43 AM
I'm just convinced most of this board hates any announcer who doesn't constantly praise the Broncos no matter what happens. If Dierdorf says "the Ravens need to find some kind of Rhythm on offense" - factually true statement the last time we played them - it's perceived as "sucking off the Ravens." If the they show four replays and wax on about how dominant Manning has been against Baltimore the way they did, no one mentions it.

News flash: Three groups of people are watching the game. Fans for both teams and fans of neither. They have to say things that appeal to all three groups. Getting pissed when an analyst points out something positive about the other team doesn't mean he's a Bronco hater. Neither does pointing something negative out about the Broncos. Neither does explaining a dire situation about a team we're beating when it is a dire situation.

I think this is true to a point. But I think sometimes a pattern develops where an announcing team gets more time over the season(s) with one franchise over another. So I think it's a two way thing that happens. One, those announcers get more comfortable talking about the team they're more familiar with. And two, fans get more comfortable with the announcers their team is exposed to more often.

I don't know for sure, but I think Nantz/Simms are probably more Broncos-familiar than Dierdorf. At least in my mind... when I think of CBS doing a Broncos game, I thing of those two first. But maybe that's just me.

maher_tyler
01-07-2013, 10:49 AM
These guys are their #2 best announcers?? It's not so bad if they didn't blow the entire Ravens team last game. I like announcers that are knowledgable of the game. These two seem to just ramble on and get on one topic and talk about it the entire game. Like how the Ravens had so many injuries last time.

LetsGoBroncos
01-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Going to the game, but I wonder if you could use iHeart radio to get the KOA feed... Its already a bit behind live, but you could pause it for a few seconds, and see if you could sync it to the TV feed.

If you had a DVR on the TV, I bet both could be paused long enough to sync them up (at least it would be easier on my DVR to "fine tune" the timing).

Done that before. It does work but sometimes during commerical the timing changes a little bit and it is a pain to sync it again

LetsGoBroncos
01-07-2013, 11:03 AM
We have a day game, my guess is they probably want Nantz & Simms for the night/primetime. We probably are better off with day game given the temperatures; wouldn't be surprised if Denver pushed to have it then.

New England's game is at the same time as our's on Sunday

lonestar
01-07-2013, 11:08 AM

Last time I tried iheart radio it shut down during the game. Even online koa does not function during the game at least in my area.

Anyone else having these issues?

That is a great idea though to sync the two together.

baja
01-07-2013, 11:11 AM
These guys are their #2 best announcers?? It's not so bad if they didn't blow the entire Ravens team last game. I like announcers that are knowledgable of the game. These two seem to just ramble on and get on one topic and talk about it the entire game. Like how the Ravens had so many injuries last time.

I normally don't see much favoritism toward one team or another but Dierdorf in the Ravens game was heavy on the 5 top tacklers being out for the Ravens and that got a bit annoying. What bothered me more about Dierdorf was he keep getting facts and observations wrong about Denver. He was not well prepared for the game and that sucks. I remember thinking while watching the game that's not true and that's not correct. Simms and Nantz are much better prepared. Dierdorf doesn't offer much insight into the game. My favorite team is Al Michaels & Chris Collinsworth

spdirty
01-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Oh great. 3 more hours of excuses and ray ray penis slobbering. I like Gumbel, but my God is Dierdorf annoying. Hope the iheart radio app is on enough of a delay to be able to sync it up.

Kaylore
01-07-2013, 11:37 AM
New England's game is at the same time as our's on Sunday

It's the same time?!?!!

There is only one thing to do!

Mmmmmeeeeeerrrrrr...........

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-HUwyeVTZbME/TpKLICHz5sI/AAAAAAAAAbk/vheljp2K4x0/The%252BTime%252BMachine%252B%252528gif%252529%252 B1.gif

broncosteven
01-07-2013, 11:55 AM
I like Gumble. I don't get the Dierdorf hatred. What about him is so terrible? That he's old?

That he strokes Ed REEEEEEEEDDDD, Ray Lewis, Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, while reminiscing about showering with and blocking along side Conrad Dobler.

Plus Dierdorf sounds like Sylvester in the Looney Tunes cartoons and rarely brings any type of play analysis or break down, he just strokes his favorite players.

I also noticed that they skew hard for the home team, I wonder if they pump up Manning and the Broncos as much as they promoted JOE FLACCO! and the Ravens last time.

rugbythug
01-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Announcers need to talk up the team getting killed. Makes the game seem closer than it is.

broncocalijohn
01-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Announcers need to talk up the team getting killed. Makes the game seem closer than it is.

Exactly because we never look at the scoreboard in the TVs upper corner that is displayed for the entire game. Thank God they give us the "Ravens just won't give up." lingo. I know why they do it but most viewers are a lot smarter than they think.

RhymesayersDU
01-07-2013, 12:34 PM

I'm bookmarking this and quoting it in any future threads where the issue comes up.

BUT HEY ESPIN HATES THE BRONCOS DERP DERP DERP.

broncocalijohn
01-07-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm bookmarking this and quoting it in any future threads where the issue comes up.

BUT HEY ESPIN HATES THE BRONCOS DERP DERP DERP.

When the announers tell us how great Manning is doing, it is because he is doing that exact thing. I don't want to hear about the Ravens defense hurt every 5 minutes. We get it Dan but the current game doesn't wait until they get better so shut up about it .

bronco610
01-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Announcers are like wives, if they say something good about you they are the greatest woman in the world, something negative and they are just being a b****!

Armchair Bronco
01-07-2013, 01:04 PM
I really like Buck and Aikman. Buck gets excited on big plays but doesn't go over the top. And Aikman has interesting color commentary and makes great predictions during the game. But they cover NFC teams.

broncosteven
01-07-2013, 01:08 PM
I really like Buck and Aikman. Buck gets excited on big plays but doesn't go over the top. And Aikman has interesting color commentary and makes great predictions during the game. But they cover NFC teams.

Plus Aikman can stretch time on an injury time out talking about his Hummel collection.

spdirty
01-07-2013, 01:12 PM
Anyone that wants to defend Dierdorf needs to rewatch the ravens game. All he wanted to do was make excuses for them the entire game. It was absolutely pathetic.

There are several announcers I really like, announcers I'm ok with, and announcers I can't stand. Dierdorf, collinsworth, joe buck, tirico, and randy cross are the only ones I really can't stand, with Gruden working his way into that category.

Al michaels, enberg, Simms, nantz, aikman, mayock, Gus Johnson, are guys I really like. Everyone else is simply OK.

Armchair Bronco
01-07-2013, 01:14 PM
Plus Aikman can stretch time on an injury time out talking about his Hummel collection.

Well, I'll take Buck & Aikman over just about any other pair of TV clown tandems out there. The fact is: all of them are annoying, it just depends on HOW annoying they are.

Armchair Bronco
01-07-2013, 01:16 PM
I've said this before, but whoever is able to invent a device that integrates seamlessly w/ the TV and allows viewers to listen to the radio commentary perfectly synchronized with the TV picture will make a small fortune.

I'll take Dave Logan + Easy Ed or Brian Griese over ANY of these clowns.

broncofever
01-07-2013, 01:35 PM
I've said this before, but whoever is able to invent a device that integrates seamlessly w/ the TV and allows viewers to listen to the radio commentary perfectly synchronized with the TV picture will make a small fortune.

well the only thing I can say is that on the NFL replay and the gamepass, you do have the option to switch from the national commentators to local commentators which sometimes I do. Not sure to be honest it's much better, but for certain commentators that either bore or annoy me I do that. I know I could mute them, but I like being able to know what the calls are being made on the field and it helps. Plus mocking the announcers is tradition. ;D Much like coming on the OM during a game and melting down during every play on the game day thread is a tradition. ;D

broncocalijohn
01-07-2013, 01:42 PM

You mean slingbox?

orinjkrush
01-07-2013, 01:50 PM
ABS....anybody but Simms.

MF.

still hate him for the superbowl.

Dedhed
01-07-2013, 02:05 PM
I wonder what excuses Dierdorf will make for the Ravens defense this time around.

ColoradoDarin
01-07-2013, 02:12 PM

I would like to turn the announcers off and just have the stadium sounds (including the stadium announcer).

Greatspirits
01-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Still flying under the radar, I love it, things are looking good!

BroncoLifer
01-07-2013, 02:24 PM
If Chris Harris manages another pick 6, will Dierdorf respond by praising Flacco's speed and hustle in not making the tackle again?

Durango
01-07-2013, 02:56 PM

Yeah, I know. I think Dierdorff is remarkably knowledgable and informative during the course of plays. I have zero problem with this broadcast team.

Cito Pelon
01-07-2013, 03:09 PM

Well, apparently they think the other game will be more competitive.

Chris
01-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Dierdorf sounds like a walrus that swallowed his upper lip and he's occasionally anti-broncos.

Armchair Bronco
01-07-2013, 03:22 PM
I would like to turn the announcers off and just have the stadium sounds (including the stadium announcer).

That's actually a great idea. I'll add it to my feature list for "Stadium in a Box"...or maybe I'll call it "SynchroCast".

sgbfan
01-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Anyone that wants to defend Dierdorf needs to rewatch the ravens game. All he wanted to do was make excuses for them the entire game. It was absolutely pathetic.

This. I really don't get into knocking the announcers too much, but for the first 2/3 of the game the Ravens defense was doing their job and the Ravens offense needed to get some rhythm. Broncos were just spectators in the Ravens vs Ravens show.

OrangeSe7en
01-07-2013, 05:38 PM

There are a couple of things you should understand about the strong aversions to Dierdorf.

First of all, people still have a strong dislike for him because of his time on Monday Night Football. During his time on MNF, he was truly obnoxious. He was a windbag in a 3 man booth. He rubbed a lot of people the wrong way during this time.

Second of all, while he's toned it down during his time since MNF, one of the problems with him that still lingers is that he sees things that happened in replay well after those at home and then he starts screaming about what he finally saw on the 4th replay. It makes people cringe because many people can see this stuff live or during the first replay.

OrangeSe7en
01-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Well, apparently they think the other game will be more competitive.

No, Les Moonves is a big supporter of the Patriots. It's a massive conflict of interest that, amazingly, very few seem to care about.

cabronco
01-07-2013, 06:21 PM
We should be thankful its not Randy Cross, if he even still announces games. IIRC he didnt like Elway at all, prolly cuz he didnt stand a chance against him.

Rocket 7
01-07-2013, 06:29 PM

They tried it before.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=5906858

Broncobiv
01-07-2013, 06:49 PM
I hate Dierdorf because of his absurd hyperbole after something negative like a penalty.

"That was a stupid, STUPID play by the linebacker right there! You HAVE to know that you can't lead with the crown of the helmet in today's NFL! It is SIMPLY INEXCUSABLE that a veteran of 8 years would commit that penalty! He just gave the offense a free first down by not using his head! I...I just can't understand WHAT he was THINKING! Inexcusable! Stupid, STUPID play!"

F'n Dierdorf.

R8R H8R
01-07-2013, 07:36 PM

I originally thought this, and i really hope it works out that way, but it doesn't make sense. Logic would say Pats will blow out Texans because nothing has changed between those teams, but the Ravens may make it competitive because they are healthier this time.

But realistically, it is probably just because they expect higher stings in that game. I think it is as simple as that.

broncosteven
01-07-2013, 07:37 PM
They tried it before.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=5906858

I remember watching that game.

I tuned in just after kickoff, I was pissed because we lived in FL at the time and were not getting the Bronco game that week so I found an AFC game to watch, I was puzzled at 1st why there were no announcers then just sat back and watched the game, I remember being into it more because I had to watch what was going on or walk away. Then at the end Gumble came on and said it was a test the network was doing.

I think with all the tech we have today we should be able to get the game plus a ton of choices:
- Network Vox
- Local radio Vox
- Visitor radio Vox
- Preferred camera view
- Multi field view
etc...

I guess it is too complicated and expensive to implement but I would pay extra for it on Directv, the bandwidth would be huge though...

R8R H8R
01-07-2013, 07:49 PM
We should be thankful its not Randy Cross, if he even still announces games. IIRC he didnt like Elway at all, prolly cuz he didnt stand a chance against him.

Randy Cross is on the 8th out of 8 teams for CBS. Don't worry, you won't see him in the playoffs at all. I don't know what he thinks of Elway, I just thought he was annoying, like Todd Christensen was.

Hamrob
01-07-2013, 08:00 PM

News flash: Three groups of people are watching the game. Fans for both teams and fans of neither. They have to say things that appeal to all three groups. Getting pissed when an analyst points out something positive about the other team doesn't mean he's a Bronco hater. Neither does pointing something negative out about the Broncos. Neither does explaining a dire situation about a team we're beating when it is a dire situation.What I really dislike about Dierdorf....is, when he makes a statement...he sticks to it like a broken record....often repeating it over and over and over again. It sucks when he goes on about your own team...but, the apposing team makes it numbing.

I think he's a good guy and a HOF guy with good insite...he just wears on you. Kind of like that person at the dinner table that never learned to chew with their mouth shut. :curtsey:

broncofan2438
01-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Good thing I'll be at the game!!

Play2win
01-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Didn't Dierdorf team up with that skinny dude back in the day. I thought they made a pretty good team.

DENVERDUI55
01-08-2013, 10:36 AM
If an announcer says on bad thing about Broncos the mane turns on him. I can't think of a guy that someone doesn't like on here.

Beantown Bronco
01-08-2013, 10:50 AM
I can't think of a guy that someone doesn't like on here.

This guy :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I74BG0YFKUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-08-2013, 10:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAJEkVTCMAAJlpB.jpg:large https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAJZWXbCIAEIevj.jpg:large
i really think its neet CBS is letting Brian Gumball and Dan Dumbledorf call Saturdays game.
Brian can when the game gets dull dispense gumballs ,and dan can do magic tricks to keep the raven fans entertained. how often do you see a human gumball hybrid and a wizard doing play by play cometary on tv these days.
i do question Dans interest in harry thou .perhaps someone should keep a eye on him around harry and make shure he isnt sticking his wand where it dont belong.

Armchair Bronco
01-08-2013, 10:59 PM
While we're on the subject, who can forget Paul "I'll Tell You What" Maguire. The dude said "Let me tell you what..." as a prelude to every lame observation.

I'll tell you what, it drove me nuts.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K4UtiIAvXDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>