PDA

View Full Version : "Case of the Mondays.." Anyone else worried about Ravens Running Attack?

ludo21
01-07-2013, 10:29 AM
???

Ray Rice and Pierce running hard and providing a tough dual threat.

I see flashes of when the Patriots ran the ball real well against us in my mind and am getting worried the Ravens may have the same success... Am I crazy?

I do know we are third in rushing D, but still a crazy good running combo...

SonOfLe-loLang
01-07-2013, 10:32 AM
If we get out in front of them, they can't use it. Pierce worries me a bit as an edge rusher, but its not like we havent faced good running attacks before. Why is half this board suddenly propping up the Ravens into this unstoppable force?

broncocalijohn
01-07-2013, 10:33 AM
They are very good at running back and will need a big dose of it if they are going to win as I doubt Flacco can lead the Ravens with his arm only. Problem is we have a stout defense. I don't fear this offense. We get out big time and Flacco will be one dimensional...perfect!

Que
01-07-2013, 10:42 AM
If we get out in front of them, they can't use it.

this

cmhargrove
01-07-2013, 10:47 AM
They will definitely get a few big runs and be able to move the ball with the run game, but it still all comes down to Flacco in third and long situations. He isn't going to be able to chuck that **** up like he did yesterday.

They will get good yardage in the run game, it's our job to keep them to 3 points in the red zone.

ColoradoDarin
01-07-2013, 10:47 AM
This just in.... the Colts D has sucked all year long.

BroncoMan4ever
01-07-2013, 10:57 AM
If we get out in front of them, they can't use it. Pierce worries me a bit as an edge rusher, but its not like we havent faced good running attacks before. Why is half this board suddenly propping up the Ravens into this unstoppable force?

I know. We shut their offense down and kicked their asses in Baltimore a month ago. Without garbage time scores the game properly shows the complete thorough beating Denver gave them that day.

Be careful what you wish for Boldin, because You're walking into a buzz saw

ludo21
01-07-2013, 11:02 AM
I am always less confident Monday about upcoming games and then more confident Friday...

Then on Saturday I am worried again, and then Sunday I'm all nerves especially playoff games... yea i know im not playing but lots of emotion and time vested for our boys! ;D

Beantown Bronco
01-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Moreno is going to have more yards than both of them combined.

CEH
01-07-2013, 11:08 AM
Moreno is going to have more yards than both of them combined.

I hope so. I will run down to the field and kiss Moreno on the head

Tombstone RJ
01-07-2013, 11:11 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/guv5LUT1AFw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bacchus
01-07-2013, 11:15 AM
not worried

B-Large
01-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Is Peyton Manning still our QB??

Therefore, no, not all that worried

TheReverend
01-07-2013, 11:29 AM
You know what I'm really worried about with Baltimore?

lolnothing

gunns
01-07-2013, 11:29 AM

The past 14 years. Victory will help that to start going away.

RedskinBronco
01-07-2013, 11:43 AM
We will be fine. Flacco will mess up when he faces the broncos defense.

Ravens fans are getting a false sense of security because they faced the colts defense or lack thereof.

We got this...easily.

ZONA
01-07-2013, 11:45 AM
???

I see flashes of when the Patriots ran the ball real well against us in my mind and am getting worried the Ravens may have the same success... Am I crazy?

Of course this is the playoffs and anything can happen but let's remember just a few things.

Back when the Pats had a monster running day against us, we were just coming together as a team and Joe Mays was still the MLB.

Our defense is now ranked like so:

#4 in points allowed
#1 in 3rd down conversions allowed
#2 overall

The score going into the 4th QTR when we played them on their field was 31-3. Let me say that part again. We were up 31-3 in the 4th QTR.

We're at home, we got the rest. We are pretty much at full strength, of course not counting WM is out and our players on IR we lost early in the season.

As stated, anything can happen, it's football. But with looking at the info above, I really like our chances, not at just winning this game but winning big.

Broncos 28
Ravens 13

Archer81
01-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Sure. Also worried about reapers, the thorian, cerberus and the collectors.

:Broncos:

Goobzilla
01-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Substitute Germans with Ravens to get an idea of how I feel
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VRTngtsOY8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bronco Boy
01-07-2013, 11:55 AM
This just in.... the Colts D has sucked all year long.

The Colts had the worst rush D in the entire league this year.

Mountain Bronco
01-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Flacco can't throw jump balls on our QB's like he did against the colts. Those tosses were praised, because AB won all of the jump balls, but they could have been intercepted just as easily. As for the running game, they have a solid running game, but we have a solid run D, so I think it is a wash. They will get some yardage in the running game, but I don't they run all over us which means Flacco has to be better which is tough against our D when he is really a statue back there.

On the flip side. Plus, the colts put ridiculous yardage on the Raven's just failed to convert into points. If we can get up by 10 in the first half, I would feel pretty comfortable.

I think this is a tougher game than the first meeting with Ray back on the field a healthier D etc..., but I expect Denver to win as they are the better team overall.

spdirty
01-07-2013, 12:19 PM
All this Baltimore talk is boring. I'm like that New England sportswriter. I'm getting myself ready for the big one January 20th.

I look at this one Saturday as practice/prep for what will be the real one that we can truly be concerned about. Baltimore is just not in our league and you really do have to work at it to find something to be worried about with this game Saturday.

Mediator12
01-07-2013, 12:27 PM
I think DEN's Defense will be even better at Mile High, than it was at BAL. We own too many of the matchups and we will make enough noise to make the Offense who is prone to false starts make some mistakes.

I especially want to see Von Miller Versus Michael Oher again. Oher needs serious help in both phases of the game to block Von, and it will free up the other DL and front seven to make plays and I bet Miller beats more than a few of the doubles and chips to make some plays as well.

The only major issue is that Dumervil and for that matter JDR is going to have to play the run better on the left side off tackle and left end plays. I hope JDR loads the fronts and plays a crash to the Left more often on run downs as that is DEN's only weakness againt the run.

I want Flacco throwing the ball against this defense too. He looks much better at home than he does on the road and DEN handled him quite well at BAL.

The other thing is DEN is the best yards per drive team in the NFL. They are second on offense and number one on defense, with a lot of those yards coming in garbage time. They are also tops in 3rd down % and a lot of those conversions also came in garbage time.

This is not a matchup to fear at all, however the only thing you fear is not coming to play. It has happened all too often in the playoffs for Manning. He has showed up while the rest of his team failed. However, this defense and ST's are much better than what he had in INDY, and I hope more ready to play with Home field advantage and high expectations!

DenverBrit
01-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Substitute Germans with Ravens to get an idea of how I feel
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VRTngtsOY8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then this must be the motherload. ;D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7xnNhzgcWTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DenverBrit
01-07-2013, 12:33 PM
It's time to play mistake free, playoff football.

Starting with the Ravens.

theAPAOps5
01-07-2013, 12:34 PM
???

Yeah, worked well for them a few weeks ago. I like our D better than their RB's

El Jefe
01-07-2013, 12:48 PM
The score going into the 4th QTR when we played them on their field was 31-3. Let me say that part again. We were up 31-3 in the 4th QTR.

I hate playing "what if" ... but I do wonder how the second half would have played out had Harris not had the monster pick six. It was about to be a 10-7 game at the start of the third.

LetsGoBroncos
01-07-2013, 01:02 PM
I hate playing "what if" ... but I do wonder how the second half would have played out had Harris not had the monster pick six. It was about to be a 10-7 game at the start of the third.

On their field...and don't forget all year we have been a stronger team in the second half. The following games were close at halftime and ended up not being close:

Bengals
Saints
Panthers
Chargers
Bucs
Raiders
Browns

LetsGoBroncos
01-07-2013, 01:03 PM
On their field...and don't forget all year we have been a stronger team in the second half. The following games were close at halftime and ended up not being close:

Bengals
Saints
Panthers
Chargers
Bucs
Raiders
Browns

Not to mention the 24-0 Charger game