PDA

View Full Version : Ambitious Ravens now hungry for another shot at Broncos

Gutless Drunk
01-06-2013, 05:48 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21509067/ambitious-ravens-now-hungry-for-another-shot-at-broncos

"Baltimore's Anquan Boldin said he's "really looking forward" to playing Denver again, and "was hoping" to see the Broncos one more time before this season was over. So as he gets his wish, there's something I'd like to ask.

Denver? Really? You must be kidding.

Baltimore doesn't have a chance against these guys. OK, so it has a chance ... but not much of one. Denver not only destroyed the Ravens three weeks ago, it did it in Baltimore where the Ravens lose about as often as it snows in San Francisco. Only this game's in Denver, where Denver hasn't lost since September ... and this game is against an opponent that hasn't lost, period, in over three months.

So why in the world would Boldin -- or anyone, for that matter -- want to see Peyton Manning, Von Miller, Champ Bailey ... you name it ... at 5,000 feet when you just got torched by them?

"Just because we lost to them," said Boldin.

Common sense tells you the Ravens' playoff run ends next Saturday in Denver, even though they looked better -- much better -- in Sunday's 24-9 hammering of Indianapolis than they did last month against the Broncos. It's not just that it's Manning and an 11-game winning streak the Ravens must confront; it's that altitude and one of the greatest -- no, THE most formidable -- home-field advantage in the NFL, and, yes, that includes Seattle.

"I don't know how to tell you to defeat that altitude," said safety Bernard Pollard, "but it's going to take time to get used to. We got to be smart and understand it's a problem. So we got to attack it. If that means jogging when we get there, then we have to do it. We've got to be pros."

They've got to be something, anything they weren't when the two met on Dec. 16. Denver won that game easily, 34-17, but it was only 10-0 at the close of the first half when Joe Flacco threw a pass that Chris Harris turned into a 98-yard interception return for a game-clinching TD. Baltimore never recovered, and, yes, the Ravens can tell themselves they were in that game until Flacco's flub. But the reality is: They never really were.

"We were still losing," said Pollard.

Precisely. So how do they change that against the conference's No. 1 seed? Well, first of all, the Ravens were missing their top three tacklers for that contest -- including Pollard and linebacker Dannell Ellerbee. Both were back Sunday, though Ellerbee suffered an ankle injury that sidelined him in the fourth quarter. No problem, he told reporters, he'll play next weekend.

Linebacker Ray Lewis was back, too, and maybe you heard of the guy. He didn't play in that first loss to Denver, either, but he felt so good in his last home game Sunday that, midway through the contest he told trainers he wanted to take off his elbow brace.

"Everything I've done since I've been hurt," said Lewis, "has been to be back with my team, to be back clicking on all cylinders; not to come back and have to go in and come back out. I've never played my career like that, so I was totally ahead of the game."

So Lewis dropped a sure interception and didn't always click on all cylinders. He led the team in tackles, had one for a loss and inspired the Ravens to one of their best victories of the season -- with the Ravens keeping the Colts out of the end zone for the second straight playoff game here.

"We're poised to do something," said Lewis.

OK, I get that. But what? Baltimore's next game isn't about shutting down a rookie quarterback or stuffing an overachieving opponent. This is Peyton Manning and the most complete team in football. So tell me how Baltimore makes the corrections to avoid deją vu all over again.

"We've got to be sound," Pollard said. "We've got the 'MacBook' (Manning) that's going to be under center. That dude's a friggin' computer. I mean, he's one of the best in the game, so we have to get in his face all the time.

"All you can try to do is contain him. You're not going to stop him. The guy is a machine. I've always called him a machine. The guy studies, he understands and he's able to process things. I just think for us ... as a team ... we have to continue to get in his face and disrupt things.

"We made some mistakes (Sunday), and the quarterback was able to scramble a little bit and make some plays. We cannot make those mistakes this week with No. 18."

And maybe they won't. I mean, if you're only as good as your last game, Baltimore's in good shape. Flacco produced his second-best passer rating of the season (125.6) and averaged a staggering 23.5 yards per completion. The defense forced two Andrew Luck turnovers and wasn't hurt by anyone but Adam Vinatieri. Boldin ripped off 145 yards in catches, including one for a touchdown, after going the first half without a reception. Then, of course, there are those defenders who were missing last month.

Still ...

"I would rather go through Denver, and that's what we got," said defensive end Pernell McPhee. "We got what we wanted because we know when we played them that's not how we play."

But that last game, when they brought down the hammer ...

"You can't necessarily say that," said McPhee. "Watch the first half of that game. We got in Peyton Manning's head. We hit him. We knocked him down. And we sacked him. Then in the second half they came out scoring, so it was kind of tough."

But if you can't beat them here ...

"But it's difficult to win in Baltimore," said McPhee, "and we've Ray Lewis. So it's difficult to beat us here ... but they did. So there's no reason we can't beat them down there."

I can think of a couple. But don't tell that to McPhee or Boldin because they don't want to hear it. They're convinced the result will be different this time, even though the stakes are higher, and Boldin can tell you why.

"We'll make it different," he said.

Red more at: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21509067/ambitious-ravens-now-hungry-for-another-shot-at-broncos

SoCalBronco
01-06-2013, 05:50 PM
I'm glad they are looking forward to running into a buzz saw....again.

Agamemnon
01-06-2013, 05:58 PM
I'd love for a player to just come out and say it: "We can beat them if we play well, they have a bad game, and we get some key turnovers." Seriously that's the only way they win next week. And that is possible. But only a complete idiot thinks they can win if the Broncos play their best.

broncswin
01-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Keep talking while our lockeroom stays classy quiet....nothing like punkin a punk!!! Bring it Ratbirds.

rbackfactory80
01-06-2013, 06:02 PM
This is a different game. I like a close game...relatively close anyway. Den 23 Balt 17

theAPAOps5
01-06-2013, 06:03 PM
I love when under matched teams/players have confidence. It makes beating them all that more enjoyable. I expect the Broncos to dispatch of the Ravens......again. If they lose its because of something the Broncos did or failed to execute. In other words if the Ravens win it won't be because they were the better team.

Bolden was embarrassed by Harris last time. I wouldn't expect him to say anything different. The result will be the same for him.

Agamemnon
01-06-2013, 06:04 PM
This is a different game. I like a close game...relatively close anyway. Den 23 Balt 17

Doubt it. Unless the Broncos come out flat.

troyjbath
01-06-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm sure Boldin wants another shot. He was shut down and completely taken out of the game 3 weeks ago.

The comments on that article are funny. Ravens fans actually think that Flacco played a good game today. I think Denver's DBs would've had 3 or 4 picks.

maher_tyler
01-06-2013, 06:10 PM
They also had Lewis healthy against the Chiefs earlier in the year and they bearly eeked out a win there with the Chiefs running the ball down their throats. Unless we **** the bed we should win this game.

GoBroncos DownUnder
01-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Boldin in Game 1 against Denver:
0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 touchdowns, -15 yards for giving up a personal foul

Looking forward to it! HAHA!

errand
01-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Having 3 of their better players back will help them, but traveling to Denver, and going up against a defense playing as well as the Broncos have been playing.....I think it remains close until Flacco makes the inevitable critical mistake and Manning makes them pay, again.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-06-2013, 06:18 PM
If we lose, its because we are careless. We're a better team then they are.

Gotta take care of business.

spiralism
01-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Don't like this at all. They've about 5 players coming back and are pissed. They're the form team in a way, they won this week while we sat on our asses.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Don't like this at all. They've about 5 players coming back and are pissed. They're the form team in a way, they won this week while we sat on our asses.

I always love the "they are angry" argument. C'mon, once you step between the lines, all that talk and **** goes away. We won a pretty emotional game last year against Pitt while NE sat on their asses. Then we traveled there and got the ever loving **** beat out of us because they were the much better team.

This year, we're the much better team. They can be as pissed off as they want, who cares? If we do our thing, they won't be able to stop us. If we dont fumble and play careless, we'll roll them.

Its funny that during the regular season, everyone loves the bye for the rest and the extra week to prepare, and then in the playoffs some people get scared of it. You're just being a worried fan. Think of it this way, I bet you think Houston barely has a shot against NE. Its the same exact sitch.

cutthemdown
01-06-2013, 06:30 PM
I laugh hearing players say lets get there a day early to acclimate ourselves to the altitude. Its a proven fact you can't do it in only a few days. All teams do by arriving early is wear themselves out more by game time. They would be better off landing 3 hours before the game and going straight to the stadium.

GoBroncos DownUnder
01-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Did you SEE the whole game?

I did, and Flacco looked HORRIBLE aside from the TWO high arc bombs he threw to Boldin! There were SO many lame little "make the QB comfortable" plays, I started cheering for the Ravens ... I'd love to see Flacco's stats on passes over 10yards down field!Hilarious!

troyjbath
01-06-2013, 06:31 PM

The Broncos held workouts this weekend. So while we (you and I) were sitting on our asses...they were working.

spiralism
01-06-2013, 06:32 PM
I always love the "they are angry" argument. C'mon, once you step between the lines, all that talk and **** goes away. We won a pretty emotional game last year against Pitt while NE sat on their asses. Then we traveled there and got the ever loving **** beat out of us because they were the much better team.

This year, we're the much better team. They can be as pissed off as they want, who cares? If we do our thing, they won't be able to stop us. If we dont fumble and play careless, we'll roll them.

Its funny that during the regular season, everyone loves the bye for the rest and the extra week to prepare, and then in the playoffs some people get scared of it. You're just being a worried fan. Think of it this way, I bet you think Houston barely has a shot against NE. Its the same exact sitch.

In fairness though, the Pats last year were a superbowl team and we were lucky bastards to go 8-8, the cliff between the two sides was too severe. Baltimore are far closer to us than many think

SonOfLe-loLang
01-06-2013, 06:35 PM
In fairness though, the Pats last year were a superbowl team and we were lucky bastards to go 8-8, the cliff between the two sides was too severe. Baltimore are far closer to us than many think

No, they really aren't actually. Statistically speaking they are perhaps above average, but not really in our class. They wont push us around. AGain, if we lose, its on us. Yes, any of the 32 NFL teams can beat anyone on any given sunday, but id love to hear your reasoning for why they'll beat us other than "uh ohhhsss theyz angry"

Who knows what will happen, but i dont think this is some horrible trap we're walking into.

cutthemdown
01-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Did you SEE the whole game?

I did, and Flacco looked HORRIBLE aside from the TWO high arc bombs he threw to Boldin! There were SO many lame little "make the QB comfortable" plays, I started cheering for the Ravens ... I'd love to see Flacco's stats on passes over 10yards down field!Hilarious!

When he dumps those screens to Rice we have to put Rice down fast. We can't let Flacco get lucky with big plays on the short passes to rice out of the backfield.

DomCasual
01-06-2013, 06:41 PM
I think they can win if they do a little jogging once they get here.

RedskinBronco
01-06-2013, 06:41 PM
LOL, they are going to get their asses kicked.

Agamemnon
01-06-2013, 06:45 PM
I'm sure Boldin wants another shot. He was shut down and completely taken out of the game 3 weeks ago.

The comments on that article are funny. Ravens fans actually think that Flacco played a good game today. I think Denver's DBs would've had 3 or 4 picks.

Stats > reality for many people.

Agamemnon
01-06-2013, 06:46 PM
I think they can win if they do a little jogging once they get here.

Hell, I think they should run a few miles. Hilarious!

bpc
01-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Manning is having a great season. Baltimore gets some guys back but they are still either old or inexperienced. Manning since his Colts days have owned the Ravens. This weekend won't be any different. The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the snow. If it snows, Rice could be the x-factor. Can we keep pace?

Requiem
01-06-2013, 06:50 PM
We about to do more street talkin' than Stone Cold Steve Austin.

B-Large
01-06-2013, 06:50 PM
I laugh hearing players say lets get there a day early to acclimate ourselves to the altitude. Its a proven fact you can't do it in only a few days. All teams do by arriving early is wear themselves out more by game time. They would be better off landing 3 hours before the game and going straight to the stadium.

It's a physiologic impossibility.... The best they can do is go right to the stadium, fill their oxygen tanks and pray they don't get behind to far....

They are getting guys back from injury, playing here is a clear advantage...

Us, 31-17

GoBroncos DownUnder
01-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Last time we played, we ALLOWED them to get 14 points in garbage time (up 31-3 at the time), and our offense backed off the gas in the 4th quarter, ... this time I think we win 27-3.

errand
01-06-2013, 07:10 PM
When he dumps those screens to Rice we have to put Rice down fast. We can't let Flacco get lucky with big plays on the short passes to rice out of the backfield.

One thing that you generally hear during the games is how fast our defense is...we seem to have a lot of guys around the ball.

Points allowed - Broncos 289 (18.0) Ravens 344 (21.5)

Average yards per play - Broncos 4.6 Ravens 5.2

Net yards per pass attempt - Broncos 5.2 Ravens 6.1

Average yards per rushing attempt - Broncos 3.6 Ravens 4.0

Pass completion % allowed - Broncos 57.4% Ravens 59.9%

Rushing TD's allowed - Broncos 5 Ravens 15

Passing TD's allowed - Broncos 25 Ravens 15

Sack pct. - Broncos 8.5% of passing plays Ravens 6.2%

Other than passing TD's allowed the Broncos lead in virtually every defensive statistical category that matters.....protect the ball and get a turnover or two and we win by 10+

Ratboy
01-06-2013, 07:18 PM
It's going to be ****ing great to see Denver obliterate Baltimore :D

Hulamau
01-06-2013, 07:22 PM
The Raven smack now is just like our Roc Alexander at corner teams when going into Indy for a playoff game against you know who!!! :-)

We also fell back on and resorted to the same kind of weak 'whistling past the graveyard' smack 'hoping' for a miracle with claims we would 'shock the world' with one implausible 'what if' scenario after another.

The clear facts are these:

1. Unlike in most of the past 12 to 13 years period whenever we had to face the Ravens, the Broncos are clearly the superior team in ALL three phases of the game!

2. We cleaned their clock at their house three or so weeks ago when they had their #2 spot riding on the line and desparately were trying to break their losing streak. That victory was much more lopsided than even the score suggested as we did our typical fourth quarter put on the brakes and run out the clock prevent defense scheme which Foxy likes to resort to in the regular season when we get a big enough lead by the last quarter and not only did that slow down our scoring machine considerably, but allowed them to rack up their misleading 14 points in junk time as if Flake-O had a ghost of a chance pulling that off if we were playing for keeps still in the 4th quarter!

3. The Ray Ray Retirement Mojo emotional boost will have disspated entirely within 24 hours from now, if not sooner. The air is out of that bag for good. Congrats to Ray for a well deserved bon voyage at his house for the last 17 years! Now its time to light his viking ship on fire and push his remains out to sea toward the Valhalla of an ESPN broadcast career from the south gate of Sports Authority field next Saturday!

Just ask the Pagano-comeback inspired Colts who shocked the listless Texans in Colt stadium how well their emotional mojo traveled this week!?

4. The Ravens are struting around crowing about how much they now want Manning and the Broncos based on finally ... by the 4th quarter ... pulling ahead of a truly poor team with a very good young QB and no Oline to speak of and a very porous Defense with a few opportunistic players. A Colts D whose best cornerback out there today was Cassius Vaughn, who is a decent journeyman back up, but could not make our 53 man roster and was traded to said Colts before the season started!!

If Andrew Luck had a semblance of a real NFL O-line that could even marginally protect him and some WRs that could actually catch the balls right in their hands it is very likely the Colts may well have won this game, even with their sucky pass defense today!

5. The Ravens will find a well rested up and tuned up Manning/Von-Doom and Company who have thoroughly dissected the Ravens battle plans and are the polar opposite of the rookie QB and marginal defense they faced today!

Enough said, the only way in a very blue moon that the Ravens do somehow upset us, as said above by others, will ONLY be because of what we failed to do and not because of anything they did to us as the better team, as was so often the case in prior Bronco/Ravens games over the last decade.

Its Pay back time! :-))

maher_tyler
01-06-2013, 07:32 PM
The Raven smack now is just like our Roc Alexander at corner teams when going into Indy for a playoff game against you know who!!! :-)

We also fell back on and resorted to the same kind of weak 'whistling past the graveyard' smack 'hoping' for a miracle with claims we would 'shock the world' with one implausible 'what if' scenario after another.

The clear facts are these:

1. Unlike in most of the past 12 to 13 years period whenever we had to face the Ravens, the Broncos are clearly the superior team in ALL three phases of the game!

2. We cleaned their clock at their house three or so weeks ago when they had their #2 spot riding on the line and desparately were trying to break their losing streak. That victory was much more lopsided than even the score suggested as we did our typical fourth quarter put on the brakes and run out the clock prevent defense scheme which Foxy likes to resort to in the regular season when we get a big enough lead by the last quarter and not only did that slow down our scoring machine considerably, but allowed them to rack up their misleading 14 points in junk time as if Flake-O had a ghost of a chance pulling that off if we were playing for keeps still in the 4th quarter!

3. The Ray Ray Retirement Mojo emotional boost will have disspated entirely within 24 hours from now, if not sooner. The air is out of that bag for good. Congrats to Ray for a well deserved bon voyage at his house for the last 17 years! Now its time to light his viking ship on fire and push his remains out to sea toward the Valhalla of an ESPN broadcast career from the south gate of Sports Authority field next Saturday!

Just ask the Pagano-comeback inspired Colts who shocked the listless Texans in Colt stadium how well their emotional mojo traveled this week!?

4. The Ravens are struting around crowing about how much they now want Manning and the Broncos based on finally ... by the 4th quarter ... pulling ahead of a truly poor team with a very good young QB and no Oline to speak of and a very porous Defense with a few opportunistic players. A Colts D whose best cornerback out there today was Cassius Vaughn, who is a decent journeyman back up, but could not make our 53 man roster and was traded to said Colts before the season started!!

If Andrew Luck had a semblance of a real NFL O-line that could even marginally protect him and some WRs that could actually catch the balls right in their hands it is very likely the Colts may well have won this game, even with their sucky pass defense today!

5. The Ravens will find a well rested up and tuned up Manning/Von-Doom and Company who have thoroughly dissected the Ravens battle plans and are the polar opposite of the rookie QB and marginal defense they faced today!

Enough said, the only way in a very blue moon that the Ravens do somehow upset us, as said above by others, will ONLY be because of what we failed to do and not because of anything they did to us as the better team, as was so often the case in prior Bronco/Ravens games over the last decade.

Its Pay back time! :-))

Well said...Saturday can't come fast enough

spiralism
01-06-2013, 07:33 PM
To anyone saying that it's on us if we lose next week...I fully agree. As number one seed, you only lose if you choke or are a fraud. Or Atlanta.

What worries me is that exact possibility of a choke. We've been off, they got their **** together...ergo, we better ****ing bring it.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-06-2013, 07:33 PM
Peyton Manning. Check mate.

Br0nc0Buster
01-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Baltimore is actually the team I was hoping to avoid

They have more talent than the Colts and Bengals
And the Texans have just looked awful the past month

I still think we should win, but I would of really preferred Cinci or Indy

Mat'hir Uth Gan
01-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Not worried about Baltimore. They don't have the OTs to stop our rush, and they don't have the WRs or QB to beat our coverage. On defense, they just aren't good enough. Not in the defensive backfield, not at LB, and not on the line. Moreno will run for a hundred again, and Manning will do whatever is required of him to win. Last time, he barely had to do anything.

They will try and pound Ray Rice 30 times this game. That will be their big adustment. We just have to stop him.

maher_tyler
01-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Baltimore is actually the team I was hoping to avoid

They have more talent than the Colts and Bengals
And the Texans have just looked awful the past month

I still think we should win, but I would of really preferred Cinci or Indy

Ravens looked less than spectacular for 3 quarters against an average Colts team at home. It'll prolly be a closer game than last time but we should still win by 10/13 points.

enjolras
01-06-2013, 08:06 PM
The Ravens absolutely abused Cassius Vaughn today. Their entire offense was predicated on exploiting the Colts two glaring weaknesses at corner. Everything was over the top and to the sideline.

You don't have that luxury against the Broncos. I don't think they can score 10 (unless they pick up some garbage time points).

Defensively Lewis is still incredibly instinctual, but he's slow and his right arm doesn't appear to even work. I fully expect our tight-ends to wreak havoc over the middle and that's going to open up space for us to run and take some chances over the top.

We're going to win this easily.

Agamemnon
01-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Manning is having a great season. Baltimore gets some guys back but they are still either old or inexperienced. Manning since his Colts days have owned the Ravens. This weekend won't be any different. The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the snow. If it snows, Rice could be the x-factor. Can we keep pace?

Snow doesn't favor Rice's running style.

R8R H8R
01-06-2013, 08:37 PM
[
"I would rather go through Denver, and that's what we got," said defensive end Pernell McPhee. "We got what we wanted because we know when we played them that's not how we play."

Of course they got what they wanted, because after the Texans beat the Bengals yesterday, the only two paths available was go to Denver or go home. This is a bunch of talk, that is all it is.

maher_tyler
01-06-2013, 08:48 PM
The Ravens absolutely abused Cassius Vaughn today. Their entire offense was predicated on exploiting the Colts two glaring weaknesses at corner. Everything was over the top and to the sideline.

You don't have that luxury against the Broncos. I don't think they can score 10 (unless they pick up some garbage time points).

Defensively Lewis is still incredibly instinctual, but he's slow and his right arm doesn't appear to even work. I fully expect our tight-ends to wreak havoc over the middle and that's going to open up space for us to run and take some chances over the top.

We're going to win this easily.

Don't forget the Colts racked up 419 yards on offense against these guys in their house. I hope our guys come out ready to open up a can of whoop ass!

BroncoFox
01-06-2013, 09:02 PM
There is no way this team gets over confident. They are rested, but focused. They are healthy. They are playing at home, at altitude. Against a team we already beat down very easily. Even if their defense plays better, THEY won't score more than 17 again - I think they score LESS this time around. And if we play a subpar game and score I dunno.. only 24 or something.. it won't matter, it will be a win.

No way we lose this if we play smart. And don't put Trinton out unless they are kicking from their 10. The only thing that could kill us is turnovers.

NO Holiday - NO Ball - no turnovers mean we win.

Rohirrim
01-06-2013, 09:20 PM
The Ravens are worried about Peyton? They should worry about the defense that held Ray Rice to 38 yards.

canadianbroncosfan
01-07-2013, 06:04 AM
Just saw the opening lines, Denver is already favored by 8.5

Kaylore
01-07-2013, 06:31 AM
Just saw the opening lines, Denver is already favored by 8.5

It's because Flacid and his limp 76 QB rating on the road isn't scaring anyone.

SleepingTiger
01-07-2013, 06:32 AM
willis mcgahee playing?

TonyR
01-07-2013, 06:37 AM
Funny take from IAOFM:

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/gut-reaction-ravens-coming-to-denver-next-saturday-for-a-rematch

Kaylore
01-07-2013, 06:39 AM
willis mcgahee playing?

Willis is practicing but cannot return per league IR rules until next week's game.

socalorado
01-07-2013, 06:44 AM

The key to me to this game is getting after Flacco.
And with Von and Elvis and the boys i am not worried at all.
Also need to keep a guy on Rice bacause thats flacco s safety valve.

Beantown Bronco
01-07-2013, 06:51 AM
The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the snow. If it snows, Rice could be the x-factor. Can we keep pace?

Unless something drastic changes between then and now, Denver looks like it's going to be very dry and mild over the next 10 days.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Denver+CO+USCO0105:1:US

Bacchus
01-07-2013, 07:13 AM

30-17 is more like it.

gunns
01-07-2013, 07:34 AM
"But it's difficult to win in Baltimore," said McPhee, "and we've Ray Lewis. So it's difficult to beat us here ... but they did. So there's no reason we can't beat them down there."

Great logic!

Smiling Assassin27
01-07-2013, 07:40 AM
If we lose, its because we are careless. We're a better team then they are.

Gotta take care of business.

QFT.

Win the turnover battle, win the game.

PaintballCLE
01-07-2013, 07:42 AM
I think the only way they win is if our Rb's put the ball on the ground and lose some costly turnovers.......

Smiling Assassin27
01-07-2013, 07:47 AM
I think the only way they win is if our Rb's put the ball on the ground and lose some costly turnovers.......

They have a very capable running game themselves. If they cut this game down to a minimum number of possessions, they stand a chance.

DenverBrit
01-07-2013, 07:58 AM
"Then in the second half they came out scoring, so it was kind of tough."

Hilarious! Those Broncos are evil bastards.

gunns
01-07-2013, 08:37 AM
I'm nervous as hell due to the past 13 years. But I am optimistic.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMIHY8K0Fpoc5wv0oQC5pvYvWGuO7ZE s0frGyissNB0yK3EFAR

Broncos4Life
01-07-2013, 08:39 AM

Funny.... It seems thir running back
is having trouble holding on to the ball.

Smiling Assassin27
01-07-2013, 08:41 AM
I'm nervous as hell due to the past 13 years. But I am optimistic.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMIHY8K0Fpoc5wv0oQC5pvYvWGuO7ZE s0frGyissNB0yK3EFAR

I've got shades of Pittsburgh coming in and whoopin' us in the AFC Title game running thru my head, but also know that Manning is 10x the qb that Plummer was.

gunns
01-07-2013, 08:43 AM
I've got shades of Pittsburgh coming in and whoopin' us in the AFC Title game running thru my head, but also know that Manning is 10x the qb that Plummer was.

Yep, that's what takes care of that nightmare for me. Plummer......Manning. Whew!

SonOfLe-loLang
01-07-2013, 08:47 AM

Shades of Jax is more appro.

Pitt was the better team than us that year. I really can't imagine the Ravens coming in and pushing us around. We can beat ourselves (we have a tendency to do that, even though we've been able to overcome), but unless Joe Flacco suddenly becomes Montana, i dont see how they will dictate the flow of this game.

BroncoFanDoug
01-07-2013, 09:05 AM
We are the better team, rested, playing in our house against a traveling team playing on a (slightly) short week.

If the 2 teams make about the same number of mistakes/turnovers we win handily.

If they make a lot more mistakes/turnovers than we do it could be a blow-out.

If we make a lot more mistakes/turnovers than they do it is pick-um.

cmhargrove
01-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Every time I see Flacco run for his life, I like to add my own sounds and scream out loud like a girl with her hair on fire.

It makes me feel good...

Hulamau
01-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Every time I see Flacco run for his life, I like to add my own sounds and scream out loud like a girl with her hair on fire.

It makes me feel good...

CMH, In that case, you're gonna need a fire extinguisher handy and a gallon of throat spray for all the hairs on fire screaming you'll be doing Saturday afternoon!!

Blueflame
01-10-2013, 02:12 AM

McPhee thinks the direction from Baltimore to Denver is "down"? Too funny.

"The city's elevation ranges from sea level at the harbor to 480 feet (150 m) in the northwest corner near Pimlico."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore

Sea level to 480 feet... "down" to 5280 feet. :P

Denver's not even "down" from Baltimore in terms of latitude/longitude... they look to be almost dead even, looking at the 2 cities on the map. According to Google, Denver is slightly north of Baltimore.
Baltimore: 39.2833° N
Denver: 39.7392° N

So... Denver is "up" in elevation... "up" in latitude...and "up" in the NFL power rankings.