PDA

View Full Version : First Broncos Game

Jeboatw
01-04-2013, 07:29 PM
So, I'm hoping some of you guys can give me a heads up as to what to expect at the game next weekend. I've been a huge Broncos fan my entire life, but have never actually been to a home game. Growing up moving around a lot (military family) and settling down in SC (before the Panthers) resulted in me latching on to the Broncos as my NFL team. I've seen them in Atlanta and Charlotte whenever they have played, but never made it back to CO to take in a home game....until next week!

Some of things I was hoping you guys could give me a heads up on include the following:

- What should I realistically pay for tickets? Stubhub seems to be rediculously high right now, and it looks like they are dropping, but I want to make sure I don't get robbed.

- Would you recommend self parking or public transportation (staying at the Cherry Creek Courtyard)? Here in Atlanta (where I currently reside) its a little more expensive to park, but a whole lot easier to get in and out. That being said our public transportation sucks.

- Any other sites you recommend for Sunday? I was thinking of taking in a Coors tour, checking out downtown, and maybe taking a trip to Boulder. Does that sound like a decent plan?

Thanks a million for the heads up on these thing. I know I'll have a blast either way, but trying to answer most of my questions so I can enjoying the trip while out there.

broncocalijohn
01-04-2013, 07:39 PM
You seem to know the whereabouts. Take a brewery tour as Colorado microbrews are one of the best for a state. LoDo (lower downtown) has great music vibe with good sports bars and night clubs. Take a tour of Coors Field too. Depends where you stay but the light rail runs along the highway. You can stay in Tech Center (not very happening) but a cheap ticket to the game or downtown with the light rail. If you are staying near the stadium (Hotel VQ) or downtown, you have everything near you.
There are threads here about where to go and such so research it. Good restuarants to go on also.

While Stub hub is pricey, you can also try the official ticket buy site and that is through NFL.com with their ticket exchange. I should tell you that it will be wise to buy before we have an opponent because once that is known, you will have a few thousand from other teams looking to get tickets. If they can afford to travel on short notice, they can afford to pay bigger bucks for tickets.

adabronco02
01-04-2013, 07:52 PM
This was my first year with season tickets, so I'm pretty new to this. I usually stay in the area your staying, and I take the light rail to the stadium. While its not down town I like cinzettis for food. If you have time And money to burn, blackhawk is always fun.

Hope this helps

Peoples Champ
01-04-2013, 08:06 PM
i would definately take the lightrail (public train). Its so easy from where your from. And I would try and meetup with people to tailgate. If you dont know anyone going, meetup with some people from Orange mane. I have done that before and they were very nice and fun.

For your day off , your right on track with the Coors tour (and checking out downtown golden), and then walk around downtown denver at night. Lodo area (by coors field) and the 16th street mall are where most of the action is at.

Jeboatw
01-04-2013, 08:13 PM
You seem to know the whereabouts. Take a brewery tour as Colorado microbrews are one of the best for a state. LoDo (lower downtown) has great music vibe with good sports bars and night clubs. Take a tour of Coors Field too. Depends where you stay but the light rail runs along the highway. You can stay in Tech Center (not very happening) but a cheap ticket to the game or downtown with the light rail. If you are staying near the stadium (Hotel VQ) or downtown, you have everything near you.
There are threads here about where to go and such so research it. Good restuarants to go on also.

While Stub hub is pricey, you can also try the official ticket buy site and that is through NFL.com with their ticket exchange. I should tell you that it will be wise to buy before we have an opponent because once that is known, you will have a few thousand from other teams looking to get tickets. If they can afford to travel on short notice, they can afford to pay bigger bucks for tickets.

So do you think the 200+ for upper deck seats is reasonable? Seems to be a good bit above face, but again have nothing to go on.

Thanks (everyone else too) for the other insight....really appreciate it.

broncocalijohn
01-04-2013, 10:20 PM
So do you think the 200+ for upper deck seats is reasonable? Seems to be a good bit above face, but again have nothing to go on.

200 section isn't bad if low row number. I believe seats were $125 face value so if you get any under $200 each is a great deal!

maher_tyler
01-04-2013, 10:31 PM

Buying playoff tickets are always more expensive. If you get tickets for face value you got a great deal.

Jeboatw
01-05-2013, 06:03 AM
Buying playoff tickets are always more expensive. If you get tickets for face value you got a great deal.

Thanks guys this is exactly what I was hoping to find out.

If anyone else has ideas as to other activities to do while in town I'd love to hear about them, but I'm glad to hear I have a solid base plan.

Kaylore
01-05-2013, 07:59 AM
I have had good luck going down to the stadium with cash in hand and bought playoff tickets at face value. It's a bit of gamble but has worked every time. My Dad and I got lower bowl south stand tickets right next to each other in 1998 for the Dolphins game for 60 bucks each. I had similar luck taking my sister the NE playoff game in 2006 - again lower bowl, south stands.

The regular season games are awesome, but the playoff crowd just seems much cooler. I haven't been to a game since the regime change, though.

bashman
01-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Still Level 3 Single Tickets available through ticketmaster.

Irish Stout
01-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Seriously Mods, can we not sticky a "things to do in Denver" thread? This question comes up once a month from a poster (usually with very limited posts).

Great brewery tour info in here -
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3711781#post3711781

Some other info in here:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=107602

Better info here:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=106143

Irish Stout
01-05-2013, 11:54 AM

Ticketmaster exchange has uppers for $154 in singles and $175 each for a pair.