PDA

View Full Version : Chip Kelly on verge of becoming

gunns
01-04-2013, 05:32 PM
The Cleveland Browns coach?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/04/chip-kelly-close-to-joining-cleveland-browns/1810305/

San Diego wants to interview Arians and Lovie.

maven
01-04-2013, 05:37 PM
the title was very suspenseful. I had to clicked just to see!

cousinal11
01-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Vick to Cleveland coming next?

elsid13
01-04-2013, 05:42 PM
I just don't see him being successful in the NFL.

Rocket 7
01-04-2013, 06:01 PM
"@FauxJohnMadden: One perk for Chip Kelly going from Oregon to the Browns is he will no longer have to work in January."

RedskinBronco
01-04-2013, 06:16 PM

He is steve spurrier part II to me.

Unless of course he gets a stud QB which seems doubtful at this time.

StugotsIII
01-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Look for the Browns to trade for Alex Smith...

KipCorrington25
01-04-2013, 06:50 PM
They had to go with him after McDaniels turned them down before they asked.

bowtown
01-04-2013, 08:12 PM
I thought he was the hot prospect this year. Surely he can do better than Cleveland. He must really like Rock and Roll.

Ratboy
01-04-2013, 08:21 PM
"@FauxJohnMadden: One perk for Chip Kelly going from Oregon to the Browns is he will no longer have to work in January."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zPoUISKGTBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Fool.

g6matty
01-04-2013, 08:57 PM
incarceratedbob tweeted a week ago this is a done deal. hes always right so dont all bitch at once that he gets lucky and guesses. i follow this guy on twitter and hes a sports genius. he gets his inside info from various people who work within the building. security guards chefs relatives of players. he doesnt tweet **** unless he knows it for fact he has a reputation he likes to keep high so when hes adamant about something its usually true.

he also pegged manning to denver after his first trip to dove valley. he was just doing his due process by talking to the other teams .

19Morton77
01-04-2013, 09:43 PM

Not with what he has to work with in Cleveland. I don't think Weeden is the Oregon type coach he might bring to the NFL. He would be perfect with RG3 who loves to run, has an arm and is smart.

Paladin
01-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Tebow for the Browns with Kelly?

DBroncos4life
01-04-2013, 10:32 PM
incarceratedbob tweeted a week ago this is a done deal. hes always right so dont all b**** at once that he gets lucky and guesses. i follow this guy on twitter and hes a sports genius. he gets his inside info from various people who work within the building. security guards chefs relatives of players. he doesnt tweet **** unless he knows it for fact he has a reputation he likes to keep high so when hes adamant about something its usually true.

he also pegged manning to denver after his first trip to dove valley. he was just doing his due process by talking to the other teams .
http://exposingdumb****s.blogspot.com/2012/01/incarcerated-bob-fake-insider.html
http://nfldraftmonsters.com/news/is-incarceratedbob-a-complete-fraud/
http://newyorkstateofsports.com/2012/07/23/incarcerated-bob-better-than-espn-or-a-complete-fraud/

g6matty
01-04-2013, 10:46 PM
nah bro i follow him personally on twitter hes good when it comes to gambling and he is close friends with adam schefter . would schefty follow a no body fraud on twitter? i think not. everyone has doubters and people are looking to boost their own reputation by taking down some body elses who breaks news weeks or days in advance. **** you and your blogs , bro

Agamemnon
01-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Oregon's offense + Cleveland Browns? Wow that's going to be one giant turd...

g6matty
01-04-2013, 10:50 PM
well atleast chip kelly can find his qb in year one because the BEST option qb can be drafted in the freakin 7th round. no body is lookin for that kind of qb and plus teblow will be a free agent but i dont think he wants that kind of qb. he likes the faster more agile types it seems. plus tebow cant throw .

g6matty
01-04-2013, 10:51 PM
cleveland also has a **** ton of picks dont they ?

DBroncos4life
01-04-2013, 11:09 PM
Nah, bro it's funny that you say he is always right. LOL My "blog" showed that. Maybe you need to follow him closer. :)

g6matty
01-04-2013, 11:20 PM
I'm not going to read that article but the reason he came out with the Namdi tweet was because his sources were correct that he was going to be a jet but they couldn't come up with enough money that Philly was able too. He said that he felt like he needed to deliver something to the people he couldn't sit on his hands like a pussy nd not report on the biggest news of that offseason so he took a gamble nd lost. Eagles weren't even in the namdi race at all until early that morning they called his agent with a huge offer without ever bringing him in. No one saw that coming it was a huge surprise. I applaud icb for not being a pussy and puttin his rep on the line

DBroncos4life
01-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Incarcerated Bob: Better Than ESPN or a Complete Fraud?
July 23, 2012Admin
3 comments
Incarcerated Bob, aka IBN, has a very strong following on Twitter. With over 33,000 followers, Bob claims to be in the ’#1 Underground *Breaking Sports News*’ outlet. In addition, Bob wrote a blogspot article, boasting why he is a credible source. While almost every media member does not feel the need to write about his/her legitmacy, Bob feels the need to constantly defend himself and block users that do not agree with his opinions. Given Bob’s assertions that he is better than the main stream media (ESPN and WFAN are often cited), I decided to track Bob’s accuracy (with screen shots). Bob boasted that 90 percent of his stories are confirmed days later by MSM outlets. With 90 percent as my baseline, let’s see how accurate Bob has been over the last month…

Story #1: Bob reports that Deron Williams will not re-sign with the Nets. (Evidence)

Prior to the NBA Draft, Bob tweeted that Deron Williams would not be joining the Nets in Brooklyn. With the Nets sitting on a lottery-protected first round pick, Bob stated that the Nets landing the #1 pick did not matter.

Verdict: Williams did re-sign with the Nets. While Bob flip flopped on this story, his initial report was bogus. Bob took credit that his second story was a ‘hit’, but people who actually pay attention realize that Bob’s initial guess was not correct.

Result: 0 for 1

Story #2: Bob reports that the Penguins have signed Zach Parise (Evidence)

Parise was clearly the biggest free agent fish and Bob did not hesitate to throw out a guess on Parise. Once again, Bob started pounding his chest, stating that he had beaten ESPN to the NHL’s biggest free agent story. When the Parise ‘scoop’ started to lose steam, Bob started to blame Parise’s wife for his inaccurate scoop. When wrong, Bob will blantantly blast a follower for challenging his inaccurate story. In this example, Bob tells the follower that he never reported that the Penguins ‘signed’ Parise when it’s obvious that he did. Parise was never linked to Pittsburgh, so it’s obvious that this was another guess by Bob.

Verdict: Parise signed a massive contract with the Minnesota Wild.

Result: 0 for 2

Story #3: Bob reports that Nash will sign with Raptors (if they offer the biggest deal), then reports Nash has SIGNED with the Knicks. (Evidence 1) (Evidence 2)

This may be Bob’s biggest miss to date. Within a 10-hour window, Bob made two horribly inaccurate guesses before the Suns and Lakers finalized a sign-and-trade for Nash. Typically, sign-and-trades are very complex and take numerous days to complete. Top insiders typically do not miss this horribly on the biggest scoops.

Verdict: Nash was traded in the Lakers in a sign-and-trade.

Results: 0 for 4

Story #4: Bob reports Ray Allen deal is 95% done with Heat; Raymond Felton coming to Knicks in a sign-and trade (Evidence)

Bob is officially on the board with two correct scoops.

Results: 2 for 6

Story #5: Bob reports Baylor WR Josh Gordon will join Bills, Dolphins, Browns, Raiders, OR Vikings (Evidence)

This is a very, very common tactic by Bob. Bob will throw out a few different team names and when one sticks, Bob will count it as a hit. For the purpose of this article, we won’t count this as a hit or miss.

Verdict: Gordon signed with the Browns.

Story #6: Bob reports that Dwight Howard will join the Nets (Evidence 1) (Evidence 2) (Evidence 3)

Obviously the biggest story of the summer. Bob spent a lot of time pounding his chest that he nailed this story. Bob stated that ‘late media’ will get ‘chirped’. Soon after these tweets, the Nets signed Brook Lopez, ending the Nets’ hopes to land Dwight Howard. Bob was very, very quiet after the Lopez signing and still insist that Howard will end up with the Nets. As of now, this is another massive miss by IBN.

Verdict: Howard is still a member of the Magic, but couldn’t join the Nets when Bob stated.

Result: 2 for 7

Story #7: Bob reports that the Knicks will match the offer for Jeremy Lin (Evidence)

This story doesn’t need any explanation.

Verdict: The Knicks did not match Lin’s offer.

Result: 2 for 8

After following eight of the summer’s largest stories, Bob’s success rate was a paltry 25 percent. Bob has had his share of massive misses in the past (Asomugha to NYJ) and a few really nice guesses (Manning to DEN). While Bob will boast that he is better than ESPN, his success rate indicates that he is nothing more than a normal sports fan who tries to be a so-called insider. Bob claims to have sources within every single professional sports organization, but that’s just not even possible. Even the industries very best insiders (Adam Schefler) have difficulty mastering one sport, let alone four.

At the end of the day, Bob is a very entertaining ‘Twitter’ personality. Bob claims that he has been given offers from Sid Rosenberg, WFAN, and other major outlets for his sports expertise. In addition, Bob claims to make six figures for his insider services. While no viable outlet will pay for 25 percent accuracy, Bob’s assertions are as accurate as his Steve Nash scoop. I recommend that every sports fan follows Bob for pure entertainment. Followers can laugh at Bob’s inaccurate scoops and constant chest pounding when he gets one out of every four scoops. Clearly, Incarcerated Bob is not better than ESPN.
http://newyorkstateofsports.com/2012/07/23/incarcerated-bob-better-than-espn-or-a-complete-fraud/

The guy is right at times and then he is wrong at times. I don't get why people like yourself think he can do no wrong. Each to their own though.

g6matty
01-04-2013, 11:42 PM
Tldr but seriously you go through all that to prove wat ? I like the guy u won't change that he does more right then wrong in my eyes . He does what main stream reporters don't do . Takes risks and trusts insiders when **** isn't finalized but likely to happen . Espinoza or nfl network won't report anything till its 100% which is fine but bob hears **** and runs with it way before other ppl

g6matty
01-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Espn wow. Auto correct

Lestat
01-05-2013, 12:10 AM
really good D, young stud RB, top LT in the game, solid young and upcoming WR corp.
now they just need a QB and a TE.

sgbfan
01-05-2013, 04:31 AM
All it takes to beat the Ducks is good tackling and sound defense. They play so fast that it is tough for a defense to keep up and the defense ends up making a lot of mistakes. I don't think his scheme works without the elite speed he can recruit at Oregon and against NFL Defenses who are more athletic.

Bacchus
01-05-2013, 04:52 AM
Not with what he has to work with in Cleveland. I don't think Weeden is the Oregon type coach he might bring to the NFL. He would be perfect with RG3 who loves to run, has an arm and is smart.

Cleveland also has one of the youngest teams in the NFL and they have lots of defensive talent. The Cleveland job is much better than either the Chiefs or Chuggers jobs.

Lestat
01-05-2013, 09:52 AM
All it takes to beat the Ducks is good tackling and sound defense. They play so fast that it is tough for a defense to keep up and the defense ends up making a lot of mistakes. I don't think his scheme works without the elite speed he can recruit at Oregon and against NFL Defenses who are more athletic.

it'll work just fine. he adjusts to his personnel until he gets it set like he wants it to be.
it's essentially a no huddle or constant 2 minute drill.
it will stress the defense and almost never allow them to sub out.
TOP will be an issue but execution vs a razzled D will lead to big plays.

the main thing he will have to adjust to in the pros is that he will need to incorporate a FB and use less of the edge and more of the middle.
if he goes to the Browns he'll have Trent Richardson the mold his running game around. and he can run behind Joe Thomas all day.

Jetland
01-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Look for the Browns to trade for Alex Smith...

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Wes Mantooth
01-05-2013, 09:20 PM
it'll work just fine. he adjusts to his personnel until he gets it set like he wants it to be.
it's essentially a no huddle or constant 2 minute drill.
it will stress the defense and almost never allow them to sub out.
TOP will be an issue but execution vs a razzled D will lead to big plays.

the main thing he will have to adjust to in the pros is that he will need to incorporate a FB and use less of the edge and more of the middle.
if he goes to the Browns he'll have Trent Richardson the mold his running game around. and he can run behind Joe Thomas all day.

Dude went through about 6 qbs in his first two years as hr kept getting them killed. No way it works. luckily, he can adjust. He ran much more of a traditional offense when he first started at Oregon.

Lestat
01-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Dude went through about 6 qbs in his first two years as hr kept getting them killed. No way it works. luckily, he can adjust. He ran much more of a traditional offense when he first started at Oregon.

every offense goes through QB's until they find the right one unless it's a system that makes so-so QB's look really good.
the OL is more important to protecting the QB than the system getting them killed.
no head coach is going to run his QB like in college at the NFL level. but taking certain aspects of a spread option offense and combining it with a no huddle can be highly successful.

razorwire77
01-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Chip Kelly will be out of the NFL in 3 years.

SoCalBronco
01-05-2013, 10:15 PM

But by then he would have pocketed almost 20M so it will not bother him too much. Kelly is pickinG a great time to bail.....considering the Ducks are facing potentially stiff NCAA penalties after failing to reach an agreement with the NCAA in the summary disposition phase.

DENVERDUI55
01-05-2013, 10:18 PM

He will have a boatload of money and getting paid 5 mil plus to sit home.

razorwire77
01-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Oh yeah, after a stringing together a couple of sub .500 seasons he'll definitely get his $$$.

Lestat
01-05-2013, 10:34 PM
i think Chip will be very successful so long as he picks the right organization.
a team like the Browns is a good fit and should help him achieve sustained success.

Wes Mantooth
01-05-2013, 10:52 PM
every offense goes through QB's until they find the right one unless it's a system that makes so-so QB's look really good.
the OL is more important to protecting the QB than the system getting them killed.
no head coach is going to run his QB like in college at the NFL level. but taking certain aspects of a spread option offense and combining it with a no huddle can be highly successful.

And he is really creative. Guys are just too big and fast to run zone option reads in the NFL. He went through 5 QB's in his first two years as o-coordinator btw.

Wes Mantooth
01-05-2013, 10:53 PM

And Oregon will take him right back as they become an average team again.

razorwire77
01-05-2013, 11:21 PM
And he is really creative. Guys are just too big and fast to run zone option reads in the NFL. He went through 5 QB's in his first two years as o-coordinator btw.

Yeah, it's not that I think Chip Kelly is a bad coach, quite the contrary. It's just that NFL front seven players are way too fast laterally from sideline to sideline and strong for coaches to run zone and speed option systems. Even if it works for a period of time, as you noted, you eventually get your QB killed. Sure you can use tenets of it to compliment your offense if you have a mobile QB (Shanny with RGIII), but ultimately you win in the NFL if you have a franchise QB who can make multiple reads from the pocket.

KipCorrington25
01-06-2013, 12:24 AM
Once hired by contract he will be required to change his name to Butch Davis.

DENVERDUI55
01-06-2013, 12:31 AM
of being a wealthy man. Sounds like Eagles if NFL but most likely staying at Oregon.

Lestat
01-06-2013, 10:05 AM
And Oregon will take him right back as they become an average team again.

i don't think there will be a dropoff. Helfrich is a pretty good offensive mind and helps prep Kelly on many things with the offense and tells him how the defense in aligned from the press box.

i think it will be much like Stanford where the team will be top notch and continue on with the work that was going on.

DBroncos4life
01-06-2013, 10:14 AM
average? 4 straight BCS bowls and 2 straight wins. how is that average?
if that's average then 100+ FBS schools desire to be average.

I think he is saying they will be average without Kelly.

ScottXray
01-06-2013, 10:29 AM

It depends on whether their recruiting drops off, and whether Alioti ( DC) goes with him ( unlikely) . Oregon is a pretty young team ( a lot of 1st and second year players) and with the players there a good coach should be able to sustain winning. They really are the cream of the Pac12 ( have been for the last 3 years) and if they keep winning they will continue to draw the best in recruits.

Kelly implemented a great system, but he also is stubborn about his game plan sometimes and can be beat if you stuff his run game with good disciplined play. He also goes for 4th downs too often, in some really dumb decisions ( like last weeks fake punt).

His inability to adjust to Stanfords defense is why they lost that game ( he refused to adjust his run game, stubbornly continuing to run the middle of the defense, or sweeps, which was stoning him).

I think he will fail in the nfl or be an average at best coach. His speed system will not work in the nfl, where there is very marginal difference between players abilities, which is what his Oregon teams rely on.

DENVERDUI55
01-06-2013, 10:35 AM
It depends on whether their recruiting drops off, and whether Alioti ( DC) goes with him ( unlikely) . Oregon is a pretty young team ( a lot of 1st and second year players) and with the players there a good coach should be able to sustain winning. They really are the cream of the Pac12 ( have been for the last 3 years) and if they keep winning they will continue to draw the best in recruits.

Kelly implemented a great system, but he also is stubborn about his game plan sometimes and can be beat if you stuff his run game with good disciplined play. He also goes for 4th downs too often, in some really dumb decisions ( like last weeks fake punt).

His inability to adjust to Stanfords defense is why they lost that game ( he refused to adjust his run game, stubbornly continuing to run the middle of the defense, or sweeps, which was stoning him).

I think he will fail in the nfl or be an average at best coach. His speed system will not work in the nfl, where there is very marginal difference between players abilities, which is what his Oregon teams rely on.

I don't think he is going to NFL from the sounds of it.

Lestat
01-06-2013, 10:43 AM

my bad, once i reread that now it seems like that's what he was saying.

Wes Mantooth
01-06-2013, 11:15 AM
my bad, once i reread that now it seems like that's what he was saying.

Yeah that's what I intended. And I agree Alliotti stays as he has been there about 30 years.

I think he goes. Sanctions are coming

Wes Mantooth
01-06-2013, 11:30 AM
and now it looks like he's staying. Haha. I'm caught up now.

DBroncos4life
01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
and now it looks like he's staying. Haha. I'm caught up now.

He can't stay. That bob guy on twitter said he was going to the Browns weeks ago and he said that it was a done deal. He is never wrong either.

Lestat
01-06-2013, 11:57 AM
He can't stay. That bob guy on twitter said he was going to the Browns weeks ago and he said that it was a done deal. He is never wrong either.

i'm just trying to figure Kelly out. he was 1 foot out the door to the Bucs last season. then he decided to stay.
he's a near lock to the Browns and now it seems as if he's going to stay again.

why keep doing this if you're not going to make a decision to go?
does he want full personnel control? to have the highest salary of a college coach coming to the NFL? or can he just not leave his kids at Oregon?

DBroncos4life
01-06-2013, 12:12 PM
i'm just trying to figure Kelly out. he was 1 foot out the door to the Bucs last season. then he decided to stay.
he's a near lock to the Browns and now it seems as if he's going to stay again.

why keep doing this if you're not going to make a decision to go?
does he want full personnel control? to have the highest salary of a college coach coming to the NFL? or can he just not leave his kids at Oregon?

You would think that the Browns would give him whatever it is that he wanted and full control to bring his system in. Maybe he is going to wait till the NCAA does do something about Oregon. He should go to AZ and join the rest of the pac10 coaches.

peacepipe
01-06-2013, 12:16 PM
You would think that the Browns would give him whatever it is that he wanted and full control to bring his system in. Maybe he is going to wait till the NCAA does do something about Oregon. He should go to AZ and join the rest of the pac10 coaches.

They're not going to give that kind of control to a coach with no previous NFL experience.

Lestat
01-06-2013, 12:18 PM
They're not going to give that kind of control to a coach with no previous NFL experience.

well it is the Browns, they did do it before and they don't have a GM yet.
they have several execs for the business side of things but no GM yet and they planned to hire a coach first.

Lestat
01-06-2013, 12:21 PM

the NCAA is about to do something about Oregon. the sanctions won't be crushing but they'll hurt.
with the talent they have currently and the success they've had since Kelly has been the HC the more likely outcome will be a reduction of scholarships, probation, taking some coaches off the road and maybe a fine.

DBroncos4life
01-06-2013, 12:23 PM

The Browns have had 6 different HC's since 2000. It's not like they have much to lose. :)

DBroncos4life
01-06-2013, 12:28 PM
the NCAA is about to do something about Oregon. the sanctions won't be crushing but they'll hurt.
with the talent they have currently and the success they've had since Kelly has been the HC the more likely outcome will be a reduction of scholarships, probation, taking some coaches off the road and maybe a fine.

Good I'm tired of them. If the NCAA really wanted to hurt them they would take away some of the UNI's as well.

Lestat
01-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Good I'm tired of them. If the NCAA really wanted to hurt them they would take away some of the UNI's as well.

lol, Nike would slaughter the NCAA if they tried that.
Knight is a Oregon alum and booster and he's not going to tolerate them not allowing him to rep his school through his multi billion dollar company.

anything the NCAA does will be a slap on the wrist due to the popularity of Oregon and the sanctions given to other schools in this scenario.
though the NCAA does punish non elite tier schools more severely.

NFLBRONCO
01-06-2013, 12:51 PM
ESPN said, No Kelly to Browns

KipCorrington25
01-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Already sick of hearing about this guy...