PDA

View Full Version : QB rankings by ANY/T & NY/T

TonyR
01-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Go to the link below and check out these QB rankings. The first chart is sorted by adjusted net yards per touch, the second by net yards per touch. The explanation of these status are included. A really good statistical measurement. Some notable takeaways/observations:
-Peyton Manning is first in both measurments
-RGIII is a stud ranking 5th and 4th as a rookie
-Andrew Luck is surprisingly low, ranking 20th in both
-Jay Cutler is 24th and 22nd (some people still cry about us losing this fraud!)
-Tebow's numbers last year would have put him at 32nd and 35th (some people wanted to keep this clown over PM!)
-Cam Newton fares well at 9th and 7th (some people argued last year that Tebow was better than him!)
-The only top 10 QB we might have to face in the playoffs is Tom Brady

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/stdl-broncos-upgraded-a-bit-at-qb-in-2012

Discuss.

TonyR
01-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Since most of you are lazy, here are the top 10 by ANY/T:

1 Peyton Manning
2 Tom Brady
3 Aaron Rodgers
4 Drew Brees
5 Robert Griffin
6 Matt Ryan
7 Colin Kaepernick
8 Russell Wilson
9 Cam Newton
10 Ben Roethlisberger

TonyR
01-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Here are the top 10 by NY/T:

1 Peyton Manning
2 Colin Kaepernick
3 Drew Brees
4 Robert Griffin III
5 Matt Ryan
6 Tom Brady
7 Cam Newton
8 Eli Manning
9 Tony Romo
10 Russell Wilson

g6matty
01-04-2013, 09:20 AM
maybe explain any/t and ny/t

TonyR
01-04-2013, 09:24 AM
maybe explain any/t and ny/t

Explained in detail in the linked article.

SeedReaver
01-04-2013, 09:33 AM
I'm just glad the talk of Ben Roethlisberger being 'elite' has significantly reduced.

g6matty
01-04-2013, 09:34 AM
i actually did read the article , that was for those who did not read

SleepingTiger
01-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Go to the link below and check out these QB rankings. The first chart is sorted by adjusted net yards per touch, the second by net yards per touch. The explanation of these status are included. A really good statistical measurement. Some notable takeaways/observations:
-Peyton Manning is first in both measurments
-RGIII is a stud ranking 5th and 4th as a rookie
-Andrew Luck is surprisingly low, ranking 20th in both
-Jay Cutler is 24th and 22nd (some people still cry about us losing this fraud!)
-Tebow's numbers last year would have put him at 32nd and 35th (some people wanted to keep this clown over PM!)
-Cam Newton fares well at 9th and 7th (some people argued last year that Tebow was better than him!)
-The only top 10 QB we might have to face in the playoffs is Tom Brady

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/stdl-broncos-upgraded-a-bit-at-qb-in-2012

Discuss.

seems to me you're using this article to justify Cutler being a fraud, yet the same article tells me that Kaepernick, Russel Wilson, RGIII and freakin Flacco is better than Luck. To me right now, Kaepernick is no where near the top 15
Same stats NY per touch tells me RGIII is better than Brady.

TonyR
01-04-2013, 10:15 AM
seems to me you're using this article to justify Cutler being a fraud, yet the same article tells me that Kaepernick, Russel Wilson, RGIII and freakin Flacco is better than Luck. To me right now, Kaepernick is no where near the top 15
Same stats NY per touch tells me RGIII is better than Brady.

I'm not "using" the stats for anything. They are what they are. No stat/measurement of this sort is perfect. But they are indicators. Looking at the guys who are towards the top of these lists pretty much confirms that.

Kaepernick looks relatively better than he probably is based on some combination of fewer touches and not being asked to do as much as some other QBs. Luck probably looks relatively worse because he's asked to do a lot relative in particular to his experience, plus he gets sacked quite a bit and threw too many INTs. And so on.

SleepingTiger
01-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Kaepernick looks relatively better than he probably is based on some combination of fewer touches and not being asked to do as much as some other QBs. Luck probably looks relatively worse because he's asked to do a lot relative in particular to his experience, plus he gets sacked quite a bit and threw too many INTs. And so on.

you have to admit, the Chicago Oline is abysmal. they can't run or pass block. give Cutler the a better oline, you will see him do much better. Forte will benefit just as much as Cutler will.

I think this is the reason why Lovie Smith was fired. This was Cutlers 3rd year with the team and he isn't doing enough to protect their franchise player. For me, I only partially blame Lovie as the Bears gave up tons of draft picks for Cutler and Marshall. Its hard to find talent in the 4th, 5th and 6th round.

CEH
01-04-2013, 06:19 PM
How do you say jay cutler in Spanish? Mark Sanchez

enjolras
01-04-2013, 07:01 PM
How do you say jay cutler in Spanish? Mark Sanchez

Jeffo Georgo