PDA

View Full Version : Elway: The Broncos were in the worst shape ever when I took over

Pages : [1] 2

Boobs McGee
01-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Found this on Reddit:

"Going back to where we were. We were probably at the lowest point that the franchise had been...since I had been around the franchise, and really, since Pat owned the franchise, so we were at the lowest point we'd ever been. So we had to get some loyalty back, not only with our players, but also with our fans. And to me, Champ Bailey was that base. He was going to be the guy we were going to build around. He had been here several years, was a great, great player. We still thought he could play. All those things come into play, so that's why it was important for us to start that build with a guy like Champ Bailey who had had that experience here, and the fan base knew, and getting that connection back with the fan base that this organization has had such a close connection with for so long...and we really, at that point in time, really felt like we lost. So that was a move, not only was he a great player, but also our fans identified with him as an important cog in this organization and why it was important for us to get him re-signed"

Link to the article: http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/john-elway-mike-mccoy-teaches-old-dog-manning-new-tricks

And link to the actual interview with Sandy:http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/Episodes.aspx?PID=2095

It's labeled as Clough Talk Hour 2 1/2/13

Some pretty interesting stuff, and a nice interview. So glad the Duke has stepped in and made so many positive strides. I ****ing love this team.

REDDIT EDDIT: http://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBroncos/comments/15wnvo/elway_on_mccoy_fox_champ_baileys_value_to_the/

Swedish Extrovert
01-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Found this on Reddit:

"Going back to where we were. We were probably at the lowest point that the franchise had been...since I had been around the franchise, and really, since Pat owned the franchise, so we were at the lowest point we'd ever been. So we had to get some loyalty back, not only with our players, but also with our fans. And to me, Champ Bailey was that base. He was going to be the guy we were going to build around. He had been here several years, was a great, great player. We still thought he could play. All those things come into play, so that's why it was important for us to start that build with a guy like Champ Bailey who had had that experience here, and the fan base knew, and getting that connection back with the fan base that this organization has had such a close connection with for so long...and we really, at that point in time, really felt like we lost. So that was a move, not only was he a great player, but also our fans identified with him as an important cog in this organization and why it was important for us to get him re-signed"

Link to the article: http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/john-elway-mike-mccoy-teaches-old-dog-manning-new-tricks

And link to the actual interview with Sandy:http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/Episodes.aspx?PID=2095

Some pretty interesting stuff, and a nice interview. So glad the Duke has stepped in and made so many positive strides. I ****ing love this team.

REDDIT EDDIT: http://www.reddit.com/r/DenverBroncos/comments/15wnvo/elway_on_mccoy_fox_champ_baileys_value_to_the/

That's all well and good, but who is the girl in your avatar?

Swedish Extrovert
01-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Also, when do you think Champ passes the reins to Harris, and takes over for Mike Adams?

He's still a good corner - and a great tackler, but you can tell he's lost some speed.

Boobs McGee
01-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Question number 1 : I honestly can't remember!! I'll do some research, see what I can come up with!

Question number 2: I think the year after next, actually. Once he has that ring (this year!), I think he has a come to Jesus talk with himself and the coaches, and makes a switch

BowlenBall
01-03-2013, 02:03 PM

Also, your adopt-a-bronco plays for the Indianapolis Colts....

DBroncos4life
01-03-2013, 02:04 PM
Yet there are three posters that claim McD wasn't bad.

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 02:04 PM
Unless you include the abreviated season from '82 it was the worst season since 1971.

24champ
01-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Also, when do you think Champ passes the reins to Harris, and takes over for Mike Adams?

He's still a good corner - and a great tackler, but you can tell he's lost some speed.

I don't think he's ever going to play safety, been talked about for many years now. Champ doesn't have any interest in playing safety.

If/when he gets his ring, he will call it a career soon after.

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 02:12 PM
I don't think he's ever going to play safety, been talked about for many years now. Champ doesn't have any interest in playing safety.

Sure he does. There was a interview in the post and he says it will happen but not yet.

2KBack
01-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Unless you include the abreviated season from '82 it was the worst season since 1971.

I remember 1990 being pretty awful...remember the guy who lived on the Billboard until Denver won another game?

Swedish Extrovert
01-03-2013, 02:18 PM
BTW, the girls name is Shay Maria - as I found out on the file info from the avatar, haha.

Evidently she's only famous for her boobs.

http://****yeahshaymaria.tumblr.com/page/2

Damn dude her website has a ton of videos like this.... just showing off her body to crappy music.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G7M-lezjJXc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

24champ
01-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Sure he does. There was a interview in the post and he says it will happen but not yet.

You are incorrect.

"It just has to make sense to me. I'm not looking to play safety," Bailey said. "So it would have to make sense, if it doesn't make sense I'm not doing it. I'm not going to do it just to do it, to save money on the cap or something.

"I'm a realist, though, if I see myself on tape and I think it's time to make a move, I'll know it's time to make a move, I'll be the first to see it, I'll be the first to know it," Bailey said, smiling. "In my mind, though, I might not say it right away, I might wait for somebody to ask."

Read more: Broncos' Champ Bailey still cornerback through and through - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20681974/broncos-champ-bailey-still-cornerback-through-and-through#ixzz2GxAF6QDN
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

He's not moving to safety, he's still got it and still does a great job covering. He's got a couple years left in him, and then he will ride off into the sunset, hopefully with a SB ring.

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 02:20 PM
I remember 1990 being pretty awful...remember the guy who lived on the Billboard until Denver won another game?

Didn't that guy have a sleeping bag? That takes me back.

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 02:21 PM
You are incorrect.

He's not moving to safety, he's still got it and still does a great job covering. He's got a couple years left in him, and then he will ride off into the sunset, hopefully with a SB ring.

Um, from your own quote

"I'm a realist, though, if I see myself on tape and I think it's time to make a move, I'll know it's time to make a move, I'll be the first to see it, I'll be the first to know it," Bailey said, smiling. "In my mind, though, I might not say it right away, I might wait for somebody to ask."

pricejj
01-03-2013, 02:29 PM

Holy crap, I remember that dude! Hilarious!

The Denver news stations would have nightly updates on his condition...too freaking funny man.

Taco John
01-03-2013, 02:31 PM
I think I would shed definitive tears to see Champ Bailey hoisting a Superbowl trophy. Resigning him was the best move that Elway could have possibly made at that time, and Bailey will go down in Broncos history as one of the most loved players of this franchise.

Taco John
01-03-2013, 02:32 PM

That was an awful season, but nowhere near as awful as this. It was bad because the Broncos were shell shocked, but we still had Elway. We didn't have much when McDaniels left the team. The organization was pretty well falling apart.

24champ
01-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Um, from your own quote

And?

By the way it doesn't say it will happen, as you said in an earlier post.

That's on his terms and clearly he doesn't seem all that interested in playing safety, he even says "I am not looking to play safety".

The whole article tells me he is more interested in keeping his play at the level he's always played at....at corner.

BroncsRule
01-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Rich "G-Man" Goins - 103.5 the FOX.. Was the sports guy on the Lewis & Floorwax show. He was last on the air in Denver on 102.? the Ticket - maybe 2 years ago?

Rohirrim
I think I would shed definitive tears to see Champ Bailey hoisting a Superbowl trophy. Resigning him was the best move that Elway could have possibly made at that time, and Bailey will go down in Broncos history as one of the most loved players of this franchise.

Yep. No doubt Bowlen throws out protocol and puts him in the ROF in the first season after he retires.

pricejj

Yep. This ones for Champ. We gotta get him a Superbowl, man. He's been through so much with us. The best CB ever.

The crowd has to get us to the Superbowl. The Denver fans can bring any opponent to their knees...even the mighty Tom Brady. If we can help get the Broncos to the Superbowl, they can win.

2KBack
01-03-2013, 02:37 PM
That was an awful season, but nowhere near as awful as this. It was bad because the Broncos were shell shocked, but we still had Elway. We didn't have much when McDaniels left the team. The organization was pretty well falling apart.

I just remember being more devastated by that season. That's probably partially because I was 12....and partially because Denver had been disappointing me for several years prior to 2010.

Were we supposed to kick ass in 1990, I was just hoping to not suck in 2010.

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Big thing you never think about is how much darker it would've been after 2010 had Champ not been re-signed. And at one point before John arrived it pretty much seemed like a forgone conclusion.

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 02:46 PM
And?

That's on his terms and clearly he doesn't seem all that interested in playing safety, he even says "I am not looking to play safety".

The whole article tells me he is more interested in keeping his play at the level he's always played at....at corner.

Of course. Right then. But then he says he'll know its time and he'll make a move when it's time. How did you get "he'll retire" out of "when it's time to make a move I'll make a move" ?

Dr. Broncenstein
01-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Lol @ the Duke kicking Josh and his revisionist supporters in the fleshy patches where they are supposed to have balls. Repeatedly. Thank you, John Elway.

lonestar
01-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Yet there are three posters that claim McD wasn't bad.

Just so we all know. Which of the 08 players from mikey old team were worth keeping?

Besides Doom and Champ on defense.

Kuper and Clady on offense.

Bronco Yoda
01-03-2013, 02:58 PM
BTW, the girls name is Shay Maria - as I found out on the file info from the avatar, haha.

Damn dude her website has a ton of videos like this.... just showing off her body to crappy music.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G7M-lezjJXc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So that's what you can use electrical tape for....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yBndw3msO7g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

what were we talking about again... oh yeah Champ. He's the man.

Irish Stout
01-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Of course. Right then. But then he says he'll know its time and he'll make a move when it's time. How did you get "he'll retire" out of "when it's time to make a move I'll make a move" ?

It seems pretty clear that he says he will move to safety if it makes sense to him. He might retire a CB, he might move to safety.

Atwater His Ass
01-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Thank you John Elway.

24champ
01-03-2013, 03:13 PM

I didn't.

I made the observation that he has a couple years left at Corner. By that time he will be 36-37. Was watching Ray Lewis talk the other day about his announcement and he pretty much said that 17 years in the league takes its toll on your body and family. Lets not forget that Champ's body has taken a beating over the years with the way he sacrifices his body on tackles as a CB.

Champ has accomplished everything a CB can do, he's been paid very well over the years. He just needs to win a SB.

Taco John
01-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Just so we all know. Which of the 08 players from mikey old team were worth keeping?

Jay Cutler
Brandon Marshall
Tony Scheffler
Brandon Stokley
Daniel Graham
Peyton Hillis (arguably)
DJ Williams
Wesley Woodyard
Champ Bailey
Elvis Dumervil
Chris Kuper
Ryan Clady
Matt Prater
Spencer Larsen

I wouldn't call them all-stars, but they make up a pretty decent core of a team. And that's without mentioning that we had more cap room and draft picks going into '09 than we've had in Franchise history - and Josh pretty well squandered it all.

bowtown
01-03-2013, 03:29 PM
And?

Then again, it depends on which year you are asking him. Because he said he would in 2010:

Denver Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey is willing to take less money when he switches to the interior secondary position in a few years, which the 11-year veteran conceded he will do later in his career.
But he likely won't make the conversion for another three or four seasons, and he expects to be paid premium cornerback money for that stretch.

He is open to taking less money later on in a deal, when he likely will be playing safety, and isn't as concerned about the annual average of the contract as he is about the value over the next three or four seasons. But four months after the initial meeting, Bailey's side still hasn't been presented with a proposal.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=5326840&action=upsell&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story%3fcolumnist%3dpasquarelli_len%26id%3d5326840

TheReverend
01-03-2013, 03:34 PM

Cutler, Marshall, Wesley Woodyard, DJ Williams, Kory Lichtensteiger, Ryan Harris, Peyton Hillis, Tyler Polumbus, Matt Prater, Brandon Stokely, Eddie Royal, Tony Scheffler, and you already gave 4 more, and I'm probably missing another couple.

bowtown
01-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Cutler, Marshall, Wesley Woodyard, DJ Williams, Kory Lichtensteiger, Ryan Harris, Peyton Hillis, Tyler Polumbus, Matt Prater, Brandon Stokely, Eddie Royal, Tony Scheffler, and you already gave 4 more, and I'm probably missing another couple.

Allow me to reply for Lonestar:

DJ Willlams is a no good dumbski of a plyer. Always drivin drink and can't make tackles axcept 10 yards don the feld. You DJ Willlam bois are two much.

[wipes, flushes, ignores rest of post]

Lestat
01-03-2013, 03:45 PM
outside of clearing up some cap issue McDaniels did nothing good for this franchise.
he tore apart the talent that was on the roster for the most part and the players he did land that were good were developed after his reign of terror.

jerseyboiler120
01-03-2013, 03:59 PM
McD was a complete disaster. After seeing what he did to us, in light of our prior record of domination against belli-boy brady, it made me think belli-boy and kraft have sworn their coaches to ruin the teams they go to. Look at the poor success rate they've had virtually everywhere they've been. Once they leave belli's womb they're terrible. Maybe its all part of a plan ...

lonestar
01-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Jay Cutler
Brandon Marshall
Tony Scheffler
Brandon Stokley
Daniel Graham
Peyton Hillis (arguably)
DJ Williams
Wesley Woodyard
Champ Bailey
Elvis Dumervil
Chris Kuper
Ryan Clady
Matt Prater
Spencer Larsen

I wouldn't call them all-stars, but they make up a pretty decent core of a team. And that's without mentioning that we had more cap room and draft picks going into '09 than we've had in Franchise history - and Josh pretty well squandered it all.

Not a bad list.

But as for cutlet well it is up for debate why he wanted out.

BM and TS played there way out of DEN with attitude/legal/league issues take your pick for the player.

So they were no goes in any shape or form.

BTW would you have hpwanted any of those head cases forthe money they got with new teams. Who would you have cut to keep them.

As for the rest.
Brandon Stokley cut after sub par season less than 20 catches and injuries
Daniel Graham had a contract coming up
Peyton Hillis (arguably) have no idea why he was cut. Maybe he had his hands on Joshes wife's a ss
DJ Williams. Still here
Wesley Woodyard still here
Champ Bailey still here
Elvis Dumervil. Still here
Chris Kuper still here
Ryan Clady still here
Matt Prater still here
Spencer Larsen no loss.
Added
Beadles
Walton
Decker
Ayers
Moreno
D Thomas
Burton
Colquitt
Unrien
Vickerson.

IMHO Josh left us in better shape than mikey did

Have to do this in pieces. Working on Hughes net and it is slow.

ol#7
01-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Not a bad list.

BM and TS played there way out of DEN with attitude/legal/league issues take your pick for the player.

BTW would you have hpwanted any of those head cases forthe money they got with new teams. Who would you have cut to keep them.

As for the rest.

Here's an idea, rather than pick apart the list with your personal biases, just acknowledge that the team had more talent and was in a better place BEFORE hiring McDaniels. You can still use your tanahan coupons at a later date.

ETA: just saw you THINK McD left the team in better shape than he found it...clearly you have a dizzying intellect.

maven
01-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Holy crap, I remember that dude! Hilarious!

The Denver news stations would have nightly updates on his condition...too freaking funny man.

Yep. And I think a blizzard rolled through and it snowed a lot.

Taco John
01-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Just out of curiosity, lonestar... Why did we go on like a 20 game losing streak? What that Tanahan's fault?

Taco John
01-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Just out of curiosity, lonestar... Why did we go on like a 20 game losing streak while McDaniels was here? What that Tanahan's fault?

Boobs McGee
01-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Thank you Smurf!!! SHAY MARIA! I <3 boobies.

Champ is still playing at an incredible level right now. Like, better than the majority of corners league wide. "Lost a step" is a tough way to look at it, because while it SEEMS sometimes he gets beat (every corner does at some point), and he's getting older each year, his unrivaled core skills/mental capacity keep him at the top of his game. Here's the way I see it. Once he gets his ring this year, that dragon is finally off of his back. All of the hard work, dedication, and incredible sacrifice finally comes to fruition. Next year, I think we still see him produce at a Pro-Bowl level, and the following year, I think he takes a look at where he is, and step into the safety role. He's in a unique position, because he has a skillset that allows him to transition while still being able to produce at a high level. You don't see many players out there with that same capability. Linebackers usually DONT have the quickness required to go into a DB position, and aren't going to make an impact on the line. Same thing with lineman. Champ is going to be plenty quick to play safety,and his tackling won't be in question. Just an incredibly unique, gifted athlete. For him, and this is completely speculation on my part, once he get's that final feather in his cap, he'll be willing to accept a different role where he can thrive for another couple of years.

2KBack
01-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Just out of curiosity, lonestar... Why did we go on like a 20 game losing streak while McDaniels was here? What that Tanahan's fault?

Hey now, keep the facts straight, the longest losing streak was 5 games. It happened a few times....but they were still five games.

****. this is the first season since 2005 that we didn't have a 3 or more game losing streak.

I don't miss the 3 game streaks or the 5 games

KipCorrington25
01-03-2013, 05:38 PM
It would be worth getting arrested to be able to punch that smarmy prick McDaniels in the face.

errand
01-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Just out of curiosity, lonestar... Why did we go on like a 20 game losing streak? What that Tanahan's fault?

When did we lose 20 games in a row?

KipCorrington25
01-03-2013, 05:41 PM
Rich "G-Man" Goins - 103.5 the FOX.. Was the sports guy on the Lewis & Floorwax show. He was last on the air in Denver on 102.? the Ticket - maybe 2 years ago?

The guy unfriended me on facebook and is now unemployeed, karma is a bitch. Hilarious!

WolfpackGuy
01-03-2013, 05:41 PM

To be fair, McClueless lost 4 games in a row ONLY 3 times...

Hard to believe that was actually possible in his short reign of error.

He mercifully got fired 3 losses into a 5 game losing streak.

oubronco
01-03-2013, 05:45 PM

Shay Maria

lonestar
01-03-2013, 05:51 PM

Locktenstieger could not hold a block.
Harris could not stay on the field.
Royally was a joke
Polumbus well he needed a few more years to develop still not sure he has

Stokely was hurt and had a poor season. IIRC everyone wanted his OLD a ss cut.
Cutlet, TS and BM all were promised new contracts by mikey for the next spring so all had lousy attitudes. Not to mention BM the spouse beater. Missed how many games due to Goodell.

WW was nothing at that time but a special teams player. And BTW he is still here.

How many of those defensive starters In 08 made the team in 09 3 dj (IMO an overpaid loser) doom and champ. That is all all the others never started for another team in 09, most were not in the NFL in 10 and folks those were our starters. Mikey could really choose them.

Note that the few players that were left over Josh added more to and IMO LEFT John more than he got. Better quality.

See post above.

Bacchus
01-03-2013, 05:55 PM

It's Boobs McGee of course!

lonestar
01-03-2013, 05:58 PM

Was that the question in the thread or was it who was responsible for leaving whom players.

If you want to start a thread about that have a ball nut that is not part of this thread. IMO

Frankly I do not care what caused it that is history. But the crap about poor Fox being left without any players and it was all Joshes fault is crap.

If you look at the quality of players left by each HC unless you have your head up Mikey's a ss or hate Josh it is clearly the latter.

lonestar
01-03-2013, 06:01 PM
McD was a complete disaster. After seeing what he did to us, in light of our prior record of domination against belli-boy brady, it made me think belli-boy and kraft have sworn their coaches to ruin the teams they go to. Look at the poor success rate they've had virtually everywhere they've been. Once they leave belli's womb they're terrible. Maybe its all part of a plan ...

Seems to me Josh beat NE when he played them the first time.

Did you miss that one?

Bacchus
01-03-2013, 06:01 PM

Please TJ don't feed the trolls.

The guy loved tebow and Josh and Hates Shanahan, along with this team after all he did predict 6 wins for the Broncos this year.

I can see a guy loving tebow
or a guy thinking Josh deserved more time
or a guy that hates Shanahan
Or a guy that thinks Denver was going to only win 6 games this year...... but

add them all up and the fact that he pretty much insists he is right about everything proves he is just a troll.

You talking about beating a dead horse Lonestar is your man.... Although I really cannot wait until his next tanahan comment....ooooh the anticipation:sunshine:

errand
01-03-2013, 06:03 PM
If memory serves me right, the longest losing streak since merger was 6 games in 1990

DBroncos4life
01-03-2013, 06:06 PM

The guy loved tebow and Josh and Hates Shanahan, along with this team after all he did predict 6 wins for the Broncos this year.

add them all up and the fact that he pretty much insists he is right about everything proves he is just a troll.

You talking about beating a dead horse Lonestar is your man.... Although I really cannot wait until his next tanahan comment....ooooh the anticipation:sunshine:
I think I read one of trollstars posts and he went straight to my ignore list. That's how great he is.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-03-2013, 06:14 PM
i think this team if it makes it to and wins the superbowl should have multiple mvp Manning Elway,JDR, mccoy the whole defense , offense OH HELL THE WHOLE TEAM

Taco John
01-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Ok, so I used a bit of hyperbole... *rolleyes*

We were frigging 6-20 after the 2009 bye with several 4 & 5 game losing streaks.

lonestar
01-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Allow me to reply for Lonestar:

DJ Willlams is a no good dumbski of a plyer. Always drivin drink and can't make tackles axcept 10 yards don the feld. You DJ Willlam bois are two much.

[wipes, flushes, ignores rest of post]

Typical crapmfrom a lib.

Let me answer for my self.

DJ is a dumb ass,

note the two times he has been convicted for DUI, add t that the number of times he probably drove DUI and was not stopped.
His non human urine episode. (when because he was in the drug program already he got caught).
His tweet of his play book
having the defensive play calling responsiblity away because he was not smart enough to relay the play in or make a change if it was wrong

As for his drag down tackling. If you have not seen that well you have your head to far up his rectum to notice.

His $7,700,000.00 salary for next year.
Him having to take a reduction in pay of his salary just to come back To have those two tackles per game this year. Could not beat out Brookings. Ahahahahaha

USMCBladerunner
01-03-2013, 06:34 PM

24 is the only jersey I've ever owned. He is so fundamentally sound, I want to cry tears of joy watching him tackle. I will rejoice in him hoisting the trophy if that comes to pass.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-03-2013, 06:38 PM
umm forgive me for butting in on this lil forum fight but not every argument is liberal or conservative lone i think its because you exaggerated and said something about being 0-20 as for dui well he should get the normal treatment for dui whatever it is

lonestar
01-03-2013, 06:39 PM
I think I read one of trollstars posts and he went straight to my ignore list. That's how great he is.

How original. Can't handle the truth. I guess your head is to far up Mikey's rectum also.

lonestar
01-03-2013, 06:42 PM
umm forgive me for butting in on this lil forum fight but not every argument is liberal or conservative lone i think its because you exaggerated and said something about being 0-20 as for dui well he should get the normal treatment for dui whatever it is

I guess the "real fans " will excuse wife beaters drunks and drug users because they are broncos.

Just hope their family is not hit by one of these morons while DUI. Have a feeling they would be singing a different tune.

My sattelite is for crap tonite see ya

Requiem
01-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Lonestar isn't banned by now for trolling? Shame.

rugbythug
01-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Its hard to be more conservative than me but I was ready when both shanny and MCD rolled out.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Lonestar isn't banned by now for trolling? Shame.

Says the king of trolls.

broncocalijohn
01-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Lonestar: Tying politics in a non political debate (on football).

Dude, you have to be in your late 60s because you sound like my Dad more and more. I bet your kids don't want to call you and wish you happy birthday because your answer would be this:
"Damn my birthday! What is so good about it with Obama in the White House?"

Seems everytime I call my Dad and he starts throwing politics in an everyday comment, I now have to think my Dad is posting on the Mane as Lonestar. ****!

Taco John
01-03-2013, 09:27 PM
you should see his PMs and reps to me for not living up to his high standards of how a forum admin should behave.

Houshyamama
01-03-2013, 11:41 PM

That music is really bad

Blueflame
01-03-2013, 11:55 PM
Not a bad list.

As for the rest.

With all due respect, Lonestar... I'll take John Elway's firsthand, been in the Broncos' front office; expected to "right the ship after the disaster that was McDaniels" opinion (that the Broncos were in the "worst shape ever when (he) took over") over your read-about-it-on-the-internet opinion.

Bacchus
01-04-2013, 12:00 AM
Lonestar: Tying politics in a non political debate (on football).

Dude, you have to be in your late 60s because you sound like my Dad more and more. I bet your kids don't want to call you and wish you happy birthday because your answer would be this:
"Damn my birthday! What is so good about it with Obama in the White House?"

Seems everytime I call my Dad and he starts throwing politics in an everyday comment, I now have to think my Dad is posting on the Mane as Lonestar. ****!

What he does is take the politics thread and brings that same theory over here. Obviously, if you disagree with him on politics and you disagree with him on McD, Shanahan, or Tebow, it is because you are a liberal and not because McD ruined the team, Shanahan won two SBs or Tim Tebow cannot throw a football.

Durango
01-04-2013, 12:59 AM

It really was falling apart. I left two home game seats empty because I just didn't want to see any more. That Oakland monstrosity was it for me and I seriously considering surrendering season tickets owned by my family since 1962.

I talked to dedicated fans I'd known since childhood who just didn't bother to attend games they had tickets for.

Argue stats or draft successes all you want. McDaniels decimated this team and this fan base. Way back when the Broncos were lovable losers, there was always hope. Under McDaniels, everyone, including me, could see the franchise was just spiraling downward.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-04-2013, 01:07 AM
I guess the "real fans " will excuse wife beaters drunks and drug users because they are broncos.

Just hope their family is not hit by one of these morons while DUI. Have a feeling they would be singing a different tune.

My sattelite is for crap tonite see ya

1 dont use satellite for the internet it sucks dont listen to the bs spewed forth by your satellite provider
2 i dont know the standard penalty for dui i assume if its a first time offense you have to use a breathalizer to start ya car and probation 2nd time i think you go to prison jail maybe i dunno but mho you should be and apply the same law to everyone .
gee ddint you see my ray lewis jokes silly billy
3. shouldnt this of been discussed in a thread about ray the killer lewis seeing how he kinda got out of that charge
4. what brung that fans support wife beaters stuff up are you saying manning did something or our current coaches ?

Bacchus
01-04-2013, 01:08 AM
It really was falling apart. I left two home game seats empty because I just didn't want to see any more. That Oakland monstrosity was it for me and I seriously considering surrendering season tickets owned by my family since 1962.

I talked to dedicated fans I'd known since childhood who just didn't bother to attend games they had tickets for.

Argue stats or draft successes all you want. McDaniels decimated this team and this fan base. Way back when the Broncos were lovable losers, there was always hope. Under McDaniels, everyone, including me, could see the franchise was just spiraling downward.

I bet you're thrilled you kept them huh? If Oz turns out to be a good QB we could have 15 years of great football. Hopefully, we'll have another 4 from Manning.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-04-2013, 01:12 AM
can someone explain to me who supposed to be the wife beater drunk what have you on the denver broncos?? the 13-3 team and mcdumbass ruin this team when he was the coach dont anyone else tell me other wise shanahan did a better job than mcdumbass.

Bacchus
01-04-2013, 04:21 AM
can someone explain to me who supposed to be the wife beater drunk what have you on the denver broncos?? the 13-3 team and mcdumbass ruin this team when he was the coach dont anyone else tell me other wise shanahan did a better job than mcdumbass.

What Dan said!!!!!.... I think???

Requiem
01-04-2013, 06:07 AM
you should see his PMs and reps to me for not living up to his high standards of how a forum admin should behave.

You are kidding, right Taco? It isn't April 1st yet.

Elway 4 Life
01-04-2013, 06:25 AM
That music is really bad

There's music?

ChampBailey24
01-04-2013, 07:36 AM
You are incorrect.

Hopefully with a couple Super Bowl rings.

ChampBailey24
01-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Royally was a joke

Cutlet, TS and BM all were promised new contracts by mikey for the next spring so all had lousy attitudes. Not to mention BM the spouse beater. Missed how many games due to Goodell.

WW was nothing at that time but a special teams player. And BTW he is still here.

How many of those defensive starters In 08 made the team in 09 3 dj (IMO an overpaid loser) doom and champ. That is all all the others never started for another team in 09, most were not in the NFL in 10 and folks those were our starters. Mikey could really choose them.

Note that the few players that were left over Josh added more to and IMO LEFT John more than he got. Better quality.

See post above.

Seems to me that lichtensteiger is doing well on the starting line for the redskins

Kaylore
01-04-2013, 07:49 AM

Lonestar is like a more depressing Angryllama.

Rock Chalk
01-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Right, because you know, with a bad ass run game, a bad ass defense, Cutler and Marshall are just kicking ass in Chicago...oh wait, they aren't.

And Scheffler is always hurt. Graham had hands on stone. Hillis blows. Everyone else we still have.
Jay Cutler
Brandon Marshall
Tony Scheffler
Brandon Stokley
Daniel Graham
Peyton Hillis (arguably)
DJ Williams
Wesley Woodyard
Champ Bailey
Elvis Dumervil
Chris Kuper
Ryan Clady
Matt Prater
Spencer Larsen

Requiem
01-04-2013, 08:45 AM

It is just a matter of time before he goes off the deep end.

TonyR
01-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Right, because you know, with a bad ass run game, a bad ass defense, Cutler and Marshall are just kicking ass in Chicago...oh wait, they aren't.

And Scheffler is always hurt. Graham had hands on stone. Hillis blows. Everyone else we still have.

Yup, he made some reaches on that list. Spencer Larsen is out of the league as well.

ozomulsion
01-04-2013, 09:48 AM
I didn't.

I made the observation that he has a couple years left at Corner. By that time he will be 36-37. Was watching Ray Lewis talk the other day about his announcement and he pretty much said that 17 years in the league takes its toll on your body and family. Lets not forget that Champ's body has taken a beating over the years with the way he sacrifices his body on tackles as a CB.

Champ has accomplished everything a CB can do, he's been paid very well over the years. He just needs to win a SB.

You're full of crap. :)

TheReverend
01-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Royally was a joke

See post above.

There's no way you're serious, right?

Marshall had only missed 1 game (the opener against Oakland), and in the subsequent FOUR MORE YEARS, has missed a grand total of 3 more! ...btw, he just put up a 1500+ yard season.

Woodyard was "just a special teams player"? WTF are you smoking? He STARTED SIX ****ING GAMES THAT YEAR! And of course he's still here... the vast majority of our best players are still holdovers from Mike's team!

Also, Polumbus and Lichtensteiger have kinda started all year on the #1 rushing team in the NFL...

"Royally was a joke"... not even sure what "Royally" means, but under "Tanahan" (lol you're such a douche) he was one of the most explosive rookies in the league and fell 20 yards shy of 1k his rookie season. If that's a "joke" to you, then you must die laughing watching Schindlers List.

Serious question after all of your post history: are you trying to look stupid?

broncocalijohn
01-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Who do I believe from the Thread story? Lonestar or Elway.

I might need more time on this one.

Lonestar, thinking SHanahan's firing was a good move and also knowing McDaniels was a complete **** face can happen. In fact, I would say a mass opinion on that agreement.

Rohirrim
01-04-2013, 10:07 AM

With a little "Patch" quality thrown in on the side.

TheReverend
01-04-2013, 10:18 AM
With a little "Patch" quality thrown in on the side.

How were your holidays?

lonestar
01-04-2013, 10:26 AM
There's no way you're serious, right?

Marshall had only missed 1 game (the opener against Oakland), and in the subsequent FOUR MORE YEARS, has missed a grand total of 3 more! ...btw, he just put up a 1500+ yard season.

Woodyard was "just a special teams player"? WTF are you smoking? He STARTED SIX ****ING GAMES THAT YEAR! And of course he's still here... the vast majority of our best players are still holdovers from Mike's team!

Also, Polumbus and Lichtensteiger have kinda started all year on the #1 rushing team in the NFL...

"Royally was a joke"... not even sure what "Royally" means, but under "Tanahan" (lol you're such a douche) he was one of the most explosive rookies in the league and fell 20 yards shy of 1k his rookie season. If that's a "joke" to you, then you must die laughing watching Schindlers List.

Serious question after all of your post history: are you trying to look stupid?

Pretty sure that marshall was suspended more then one game. By the nfl for his legal issues and also by the team due attitude detrimental to the team. Look it up if you want I'll not waste my time in it. sure he was the the only offense this year that chi had. BFD. DT is just as good atnthisnpoint in his career and not the head case BM is. He got to see more of the commish during his time in Den than all of the rest of the Denver players combined.

Woooyard started 6 games due to injury in 08 but primarily was a special teams player being that captain each year till this year when he became a full time starter due to dumb asses suspension. He did not start but ten games the next 3 years. Over his career he has been a special teams player and a very part time WLB.

Royal was one year wonder period not being able to get off the LOS after his rookie season. Go ahead and love on him if you want I'll take ED and DT over those jokes anyday. Even with SAN wild wild west offense he was joke.

So want else are you going to tout that mikey was so wonderful about. Other than fubaring every draft for almost day one. The guys he should have kept he could not afford because he wasted so much money on over the hill rentals because he screwed up his draft choices. Rinse repeat rinse repeat.

Just how many years did it take for Polumbus and lichtanstaieger to develop into those super stars on an OL how Greta were they last year without rgIII and Morris?
A Brilliant OC, but crap for personnel guy. From players to other coaches. Crappy decision maker.

lonestar
01-04-2013, 10:34 AM

So instead of debating facts you choose to denigrate the poster funny you used to have more class.

Sorry to see you are going dream boi

lonestar
01-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Says the king of trolls.

Hit that one out of the park.

The number of forums he has been banned from and the number of times he was is astounding. But he keeps yapping like a little terroir mut.

Why he feels the need to attack me all the time might be directly related to the number of times I banned him when I was a mid on the last forum.

Maybe he feels like a man by doing so. I've had him on IGGY so long is is scary figured he was not worth the band width to read.

lonestar
01-04-2013, 10:47 AM

Must be a badge of honor to relate that to your fellow members.

Personally I would have kept that private. Like PMs and reps, note they were positive reps not neg reps.

I was always thinking private meant just that. Guess not here.

I guess since you are not taking them as suggestions, I'll not waste my time sending more.

TheReverend
01-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Pretty sure that marshall was suspended more then one game. By the nfl for his legal issues and also by the team due attitude detrimental to the team. Look it up if you want I'll not waste my time in it.

...And stopped reading. This kind of lazy attitude where you'd rather make **** up than take 5 seconds to check it is unbelievable and quite frankly, indicative of your piss poor takes:

http://www.nfl.com/player/brandonmarshall/2495893/profile

^ there. 15 games. Like I said, in 2008 he only missed 1 game due to suspension, the opener vs Oakland where Eddie beat Deangelo Hall like a drum all day.

Rohirrim
01-04-2013, 10:51 AM
How were your holidays?

Very nice. Yours?

lonestar
01-04-2013, 10:54 AM
With all due respect, Lonestar... I'll take John Elway's firsthand, been in the Broncos' front office; expected to "right the ship after the disaster that was McDaniels" opinion (that the Broncos were in the "worst shape ever when (he) took over") over your read-about-it-on-the-internet opinion.

Are you really sure it was a shot at just Josh?

Was it something else?

Perhaps we take it to literal and he was talking more about the the state of the franchise, note he did not talk about players or coaches but the actual relationship of the fans with the Broncos and the fall off of ticket holders and confidence of the fans.

Maybe we as forum members read more into those comments than we should have.

Food for thought.

Thanks for your commentary. Even if you do not agree your not going for the throat like so many others..

Folks here seem to forget this is a discussion forum to put out ideas.

If everyone agreed on everything it would be a dull place to come.

Have a great day.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-04-2013, 11:02 AM
fact is Joke McDonald trashed the Broncos.
he started very well going 6-0 in 2009
then losing 8 out of the next 10 games for a final tally of 8-8 ,and then going 3-9 in 2010 giving the Broncos the worst record since 1990 when they went 5-11 because elway was injured .

lonestar
01-04-2013, 11:02 AM
What he does is take the politics thread and brings that same theory over here. Obviously, if you disagree with him on politics and you disagree with him on McD, Shanahan, or Tebow, it is because you are a liberal and not because McD ruined the team, Shanahan won two SBs or Tim Tebow cannot throw a football.

My analogy there is little difference between the two if you are liberal at heart instead of debating the facts, the easily way out is to call names or change the subject.

Myself if I'm wrong I admit it and move on I'm not going to change the subject or call you a name.

Now mikey or political figures are fair game, but it is a rare post where I aphave called you or anyone else a name. Especially in the football side,of the forums.

I know that some think calling me a name hurts my feelings, I'm way past that juvenile crap.

Taco John
01-04-2013, 11:04 AM

Regardless of results, the question is who was left over that was worth a damn. I'd say that's a list of players worth a damn.

And as far as Cutler goes, I never expected much from Lovie Smith as far as an offensive minded team is concerned. I personally think the guy would squander Peyton Manning, let alone an ego case like Cutler.

Requiem
01-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Hit that one out of the park.

The number of forums he has been banned from and the number of times he was is astounding. But he keeps yapping like a little terroir mut.

Why he feels the need to attack me all the time might be directly related to the number of times I banned him when I was a mid on the last forum.

Maybe he feels like a man by doing so. I've had him on IGGY so long is is scary figured he was not worth the band width to read.

Says the guy who was a moderator at BF, until people decided you were lame and you got the boot. How you ever even became a moderator on a website is beyond me. We have been banned on the same amount of forums: two. Difference is, very few people find you to be enjoyable. You are on route to have more posts on this forum in a year of active posting (really, just a few months) than some people who have been here 8-10 years.

I thought you only posted while pooping?

Taco John
01-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Must be a badge of honor to relate that to your fellow members.

Personally I would have kept that private. Like PMs and reps, note they were positive reps not neg reps.

I was always thinking private meant just that. Guess not here.

I guess since you are not taking them as suggestions, I'll not waste my time sending more.

There a lot of things that you SAY you personally would do, but show no signs of actually personally doing it.

I'm not here to be the lord and leader of everybody. I'm a guy running a forum to have fun, not to jump at every command of people who want the universe to be ordered around them. Get in line of the people who are disappointed in what a cretin I am.

Rohirrim
01-04-2013, 11:14 AM
There a lot of things that you SAY you personally would do, but show no signs of actually personally doing it.

I'm not here to be the lord and leader of everybody. I'm a guy running a forum to have fun, not to jump at every command of people who want the universe to be ordered around them. Get in line of the people who are disappointed in what a cretin I am.

I find it hard to believe that everybody doesn't love you. :puff:

lonestar
01-04-2013, 11:14 AM
1 dont use satellite for the internet it sucks dont listen to the bs spewed forth by your satellite provider
2 i dont know the standard penalty for dui i assume if its a first time offense you have to use a breathalizer to start ya car and probation 2nd time i think you go to prison jail maybe i dunno but mho you should be and apply the same law to everyone .
gee ddint you see my ray lewis jokes silly billy
3. shouldnt this of been discussed in a thread about ray the killer lewis seeing how he kinda got out of that charge
4. what brung that fans support wife beaters stuff up are you saying manning did something or our current coaches ?

I'm on a ranch in the middle of moffat county. No Cable available so it used to be dial up but now they have Hughes sattelite. was for crap last night.

Wife beaters was Marshall and his 40 something police reports or call ins from his house while his ex girlfriend was still, around even after he dumped her he was involved in a slap down while he was in MIA outside a club with his now wife.

Why anyone on this or any other forums could excuse it and want the mental midget on the team is beyond me.

Once maybe but hai rap sheet on that was 40 plus 911 calls. Just at his house.

Add in his responsibility for the death of darennt and IIRC a couple of DUIs, his attitude at TC the next summer.

I just do not see why anyone would want this ticking time bomb on the team. He does you nomgood if he is in jail or serving a suspension.

Taco John
01-04-2013, 11:15 AM

What's not to love? :sunshine:

Requiem
01-04-2013, 11:15 AM
TJ might have some different views on Broncos football, but I don't see how anyone here could call him out for doing a bad job of running this forum. A decade plus of good posting here and a lot of events centered around people on the forum (tailgates, fantasy leagues, people helping out people [when people sent Mock cards when he had the allergy incident], etc.) and a solid all-around community.

Taco John
01-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah - I'm a great guy. Let's not get distracted from the lonestar pile on... Focus people!

(lonestar, that's tongue in cheek. It's a joke. You know... Jokes?)

Rohirrim
01-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Lonestar is the kind of guy who peeks out from behind the curtains in his house, holding the sprinkler controls in his hands, waiting for the kids to let out of school and walk on his lawn.

Kaylore
01-04-2013, 11:28 AM
I want to go on record that I am also in the line with the people who think Taco is cretin....but I have a line too so that's ok.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-04-2013, 11:35 AM

Was it something else?

Perhaps we take it to literal and he was talking more about the the state of the franchise, note he did not talk about players or coaches but the actual relationship of the fans with the Broncos and the fall off of ticket holders and confidence of the fans.

Food for thought.

Thanks for your commentary. Even if you do not agree your not going for the throat like so many others..

Have a great day.

the state of the franchise was because of mcdaniels and before that shannahan in his last few years because he drafted wrong often and in his last game the defense allowed the chargers to score 52 damn points

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3800768

Shanahan became the fourth coach to be fired this week, after going 24-24 over the past three seasons, including three straight losses in 2008 that turned a three-game division lead to an 8-8 record.
It included a historic collapse with Denver becoming the first team since divisional play started in 1967 to blow a three-game lead with three games left.

The Broncos' defense gave up 448 points, third worst in the NFL, including 112 during the three-game collapse at the end. It was ranked 29th in yards allowed and tied for last in the NFL with a minus-17 turnover margin
It will be interesting to see if Bowlen wants a change in the way the organization is run. Over the past several years, the most successful teams have moved away from the once-popular structure of having a coach-slash-GM in charge of everything.

In Denver, Shanahan ran everything and as things went downhill, he relieved defensive coordinators -- Greg Robinson, Ray Rhodes, Larry Coyer and Jim Bates -- in almost revolving-door fashion.

Rocky Mountain News reported on Tuesday night that Bowlen asked Shanahan to make another change at defensive coordinator -- this time cutting loose Bob Slowik. Shanahan reportedly refused. He had said after Sunday's loss that he would not fire another defensive coordinator.

Shanahan was regarded as a coaching genius when it came to creating mismatches on the field, confusing defenses by using different personnel groupings to run the same set of plays, series after series and game after game.

Davis. Olandis Gary. Reuben Droughns. Clinton Portis. Tatum Bell. They all ran for 1,000 yards for the Broncos and the basic thought was that anyone could do it.

But after Elway retired, it was never quite the same.

His replacement, Brian Griese, never panned out. Jake Plummer got the Broncos to the AFC title game in 2005, but Denver was blown out by Pittsburgh. Shanahan drafted Cutler the next year -- an indication he was blowing up a team that had come so close a year before.

Cutler, along with receivers Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal, make up the core of what could be a very promising offense in years to come. But the defense Shanahan assembled was wretched -- allowing more than 400 points over the past two seasons -- and the Broncos hardly looked like contenders.

Taco John
01-04-2013, 11:37 AM
I want to go on record that I am also in the line with the people who think Taco is cretin....but I have a line too so that's ok.

http://i.imgur.com/jfjII.gif

TheReverend
01-04-2013, 11:37 AM

This is my favorite TJ whining in history (I was so amused I screenshotted it like a year ago even though I haven't shared it until now):

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/OMwhining_zpsae3e323f.png

^ names censored to be nice

Brb getting so furious I take this to Facebook and then have others pile on!

TheReverend
01-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Very nice. Yours?

Excellent, thank you for asking. Had a great family Christmas, a quick vacation to the north GA mountains, and then celebrated the new year at a wedding.

Requiem
^ Lmao!

Kaylore
I want everyone to know I am now farting in the TJ is a cretin line. It smells bad to everyone but me.

Do you dare lose your place? Are you willing to wait it out? Oh here comes more of what I call "Panda Orange Chicken with Dr. Pepper".....

pppppffffffttttt

Requiem
01-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Georgia has mountains?

BroncoBeavis

Guessing a wife joke here would be permaban material.

TheReverend
I want everyone to know I am now farting in the TJ is a cretin line. It smells bad to everyone but me.

Do you dare lose your place? Are you willing to wait it out? Oh here comes more of what I call "Panda Orange Chicken with Dr. Pepper".....

pppppffffffttttt

Eating french fries with a tranny again, I presume?

Taco John
01-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Yeah, that one stung a little when I saw it.

I generally love the people that come and go from this place. How could I not? But what I think people fail to realize is that they, themselves change just as much as the forum itself does with the influx and out-flux of people. Just like in 2001, 2002, 2003, etc., people get out of this forum what they put into it. Make jokes, you'll find people that want to joke with you. Get angry, there will be people who will get angry with you. Toss insults, there's plenty where that came from. Put in frustration, and you'll get plenty of frustration.

In the end, the only thing I can really do is provide a forum and try to provide a level playing field. I think that with the help of the mods that I have, we've done a pretty good job of that (all things considered). No doubt, there have been some bumps along the way.

orangemonkey
01-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Regardless of results, the question is who was left over that was worth a damn. I'd say that's a list of players worth a damn.

And as far as Cutler goes, I never expected much from Lovie Smith as far as an offensive minded team is concerned. I personally think the guy would squander Peyton Manning, let alone an ego case like Cutler.

Agreed. Plus, Peyton would have a very serious injury and Knowshon wouldn't have kick-started his career this year behind that crap Bears line.

elsid13
01-04-2013, 11:44 AM

I am pretty sure Hotrod doesn't love him. But Hotrod is elitist like that, he only loves 4 legged individuals.

elsid13
01-04-2013, 11:46 AM
BTW theDAVE miss out on line too......

broncocalijohn
01-04-2013, 11:52 AM
My analogy there is little difference between the two if you are liberal at heart instead of debating the facts, the easily way out is to call names or change the subject.

Myself if I'm wrong I admit it and move on I'm not going to change the subject or call you a name.

Now mikey or political figures are fair game, but it is a rare post where I aphave called you or anyone else a name. Especially in the football side,of the forums.

I know that some think calling me a name hurts my feelings, I'm way past that juvenile crap.

Tanashan, Tahashan, Tahashan.

Kaylore
01-04-2013, 11:56 AM
The second season under McDaniels was not fun for me. It wasn't even worth it to log in. So I did other things. Last season was fun sans the Teboners. I am SOOOOOO glad they are gone. There are still Tebow apologists around here, but I'm ok with that. I liked Tebow. I just am glad we're going in another direction. His hard core followers could not be reasoned with, though.

broncocalijohn
01-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Lonestar is the kind of guy who peeks out from behind the curtains in his house, holding the sprinkler controls in his hands, waiting for the kids to let out of school and walk on his lawn.

Only those get wet by answering "yes" by asking them if their parents voted for Obama.

lonestar
01-04-2013, 12:05 PM

Now I really respect your opinions.

But I have always been under the impresssion that debating ideas and facts was the function of in this case a football forum.

I have strong beliefs on what has caused our decline since the super bowl years. Facts to back those beliefs up and very little emotional attachment to anyone other than Pat and John E.

Where a lot of those that are very young and know nothing about broncos prior to mikey I see their emotional attachment to him.

Much like those that started watching when John was a pup.

That said I've been a fan since day one. Was at the first game in old bears stadium, had south stand season tickets till I moved out of state in 1979.

So I have a much diffenrt perspective than some of the kiddies on here.

So while I loved the Super Bowl years and what mikey did there, but after then watching his draftees and that for the most part they disappeared by the end of third TC. Either flat cut or traded.

When everyone was touting mikey as a genius for getting lots out of 5-7 round guys and UDFA, while that is well and good.

You better than most know that skill and talent that is coached well, will win out over players that are coached really wel that have much less talent. (even top talent in KC coached by mokes) does not win long term.

Mikey's record of keeping what should be your building block players rounds 1-3 was 6 of 41 during his tenure. The good one s he should have kept like Heyward he failed to keep because he could not afford them when their contract was done.

His record on bringing in rentals mostly washed up vets and wasting big bucks on them was historic.

While he did a great job early in bringing in some quality guys other teams copied him and drive the roiling in quality guys out of our price range. Yet he continued to waste money on lesser players.

If you look back at those guys he did resign, mobley, pryce, Griese, Neal, Wilson and finally DJ (whom IMO was totally overpriced for his production). All of those were drafted 1999 or before except DJ. What does that tell anyone that is objective?

His player drafting sucked donkey balls.

What say you?

BroncoBeavis
01-04-2013, 12:10 PM
The second season under McDaniels was not fun for me. It wasn't even worth it to log in. So I did other things. Last season was fun sans the Teboners. I am SOOOOOO glad they are gone. There are still Tebow apologists around here, but I'm ok with that. I liked Tebow. I just am glad we're going in another direction. His hard core followers could not be reasoned with, though.

So is what we practice Tebologetics, or how does that work?

Kaylore
01-04-2013, 12:10 PM
No one has a problem with opinions, Lonestar. I've agreed with many things you've said in some measure, actually. The problem is the way you disagree and post in a manner that you think anyone who doesn't agree with you is an idiot and that you are the smartest man in the room. Honestly, it reminds me of one of Josh McDaniels' press conferences, where you are so annoyed at how stupid everyone is and hate wasting the time to even explain it.

Which of course begs the question, are you even having fun? Why do you post here? You seem absolutely miserable. Totally serious, I thought you were going to leave in disgust two months ago, but you keep soldiering on. Why?

stopgap
01-04-2013, 12:13 PM

^^ Sounds like a pretty grounded admin to me.

lonestar
01-04-2013, 12:14 PM

Once again attack the poster opposed to debate the post. Typical.

TheReverend
01-04-2013, 12:14 PM
^^ Sounds like a pretty grounded admin to me.

Well what do you know? TJ's a buffoon! A buffoon, I say!

broncocalijohn
01-04-2013, 12:18 PM

You don't remember?

You meet her in a LoDo bar and was going to score by taking her back to your dorm until your buddy threw up all over her.

See, it never gets old. :strong:

stopgap
01-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Well what do you know? TJ's a buffoon! A buffoon, I say!

A light-hearted attitude that doesn't take following their team all that too seriously is ok in my book.

I blame the fact that only 16 games are played in regular season. Puts way too much time in fan's hands (especially now that forums are at all all time high) to think about something to bitch about politically, off-field, or what BSPN says.

League needs an NBA-type sched IMO.

Requiem
01-04-2013, 12:20 PM
see here aer teH facts. teh bronCos nEver da Same afte rMike dafted all those DUI bois and dummies. jack McDanIEls bUilt this city. as for these fan boi kiddies who gru up on fantasy football and madden, i say i was hree first. biger and more knowledgeable fan cause i saw day first game. No emotioSN here. jsut telling it like it is. if you don't like it, well so be it, but tat is the oost commen liberal tactic.

broncocalijohn
01-04-2013, 12:25 PM
A light-hearted attitude that doesn't take following their team all that too seriously is ok in my book.

I blame the fact that only 16 games are played in regular season. Puts way too much time in fan's hands (especially now that forums are at all all time high) to think about something to b**** about politically, off-field, or what BSPN says.

League needs an NBA-type sched IMO.

Yes, we need 81 games in 4 months. Lazy ass football players.

You are not for real.

lonestar
01-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Now mikey or political figures are fair game, but it is a rare post where I have called you or anyone else a name. Especially in the football side,of the forums.

RIF

Tanashan, Tahashan, Tahashan.

And it is Tanahan

vancejohnson82
01-04-2013, 12:29 PM

Will definitely be a Top 5 moment for me as far as broncos memories go

stopgap
01-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Yes, we need 81 games in 4 months. Lazy ass football players.

You are not for real.

Please tell me you knew that was all in jest right?

oh, and it's 82 games :)

bowtown
01-04-2013, 12:37 PM
This thread has ROF potential... or might be destined for The Butt. Can't tell yet but by all means, proceed.

Jetland
01-04-2013, 12:37 PM
No one has a problem with opinions, Lonestar. I've agreed with many things you've said in some measure, actually. The problem is the way you disagree and post in a manner that you think anyone who doesn't agree with you is an idiot and that you are the smartest man in the room. Honestly, it reminds me of one of Josh McDaniels' press conferences, where you are so annoyed at how stupid everyone is and hate wasting the time to even explain it.

Which of course begs the question, are you even having fun? Why do you post here? You seem absolutely miserable. Totally serious, I thought you were going to leave in disgust two months ago, but you keep soldiering on. Why?

he is here to teach us as he is wise

vancejohnson82
01-04-2013, 12:38 PM

the second McDaniels season was really tough in here. Lots of namecalling and hindsight. After the 6-0 start it was a rough go

broncocalijohn
01-04-2013, 12:39 PM
Please tell me you knew that was all in jest right?

I think I wrote "You are not for real".

Yes, I felt it might be sarcasm or fake.

stopgap
01-04-2013, 12:46 PM
I think I wrote "You are not for real".

Yes, I felt it might be sarcasm or fake.

All good. Just wanted to make sure you didn't actually think I wanted to propose back to back games and what not.

Would be interesting though.

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2013, 12:59 PM
All good. Just wanted to make sure you didn't actually think I wanted to propose back to back games and what not.

Would be interesting though.

Expand the rosters to 106, double the coaching staffs, Goodell can think of the $$$$!!!

Blueflame
01-04-2013, 01:01 PM

Was it something else?

Food for thought.

Have a great day.

Yes, I do believe it was a direct and deserved shot at McDaniels by Elway... and at a 4-12 season that resulted in the #2 overall pick in the draft. I think we can all agree that 4-12 and #2 overall is... subpar. And really, unacceptable. To Elway, it was unacceptable. We Broncos fans are somewhat spoiled; the team hasn't truly sucked (until McDaniels) since the 60's, early 70s. Yes, we had some "mediocre" years but during the Shanahan years, I don't think we ever picked in the top ten.

Nope. Not a single pick in the top ten:
2008: Ryan Clady #12
2007: Jarvis Moss #17
2006: Jay Cutler #12
2005: Darrent Williams #56 (our 1st pick was in the 2nd round)
2004: DJ Williams #17
2003: George Foster #20
2002: Ashley Lelie: #19
2001: Willie Middlebrooks #24
2000: Deltha O'Neal #15
1999: Al Wilson #31
1998: Marcus Nash #30
1997: Trevor Pryce #28
1996: John Mobley #15
1995: Jamie Brown #121 (our 1st pick was in the 4th round).

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/draft.htm

Requiem
01-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Good post, Blue. Traded up for Cutler and Moss.

orinjkrush
01-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Joshies Draft picks:

RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL
1 22 Demaryius ThomasWR Georgia Tech.....keeper
1 25 Tim TebowQB Florida.....indeterminant but looking like bust
2 45 Zane BeadlesG Utah......keeper
3 80 J.D. WaltonC Baylor......indeterminant, line got better with Koppen
3 87 Eric DeckerWR Minnesota....keeper
5 137 Perrish CoxCB Oklahoma State.....gone (2nd string SF)
6 183 Eric OlsenG Notre Dame ...gone (2nd string NO)
7 225 Syd'Quan ThompsonDB California...gone not playing
7 232 Jammie KirlewDE Indiana....gone...not playing
2009 - DENVER BRONCOS
RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL
1 12 Knowshon MorenoRB Georgia....indeterminant (2nd string DEN)
1 18 Robert AyersLB Tennessee....keeper...(2nd string DEN)
2 37 Alphonso SmithDB Wake Forest.....gone (part timer DET)
2 48 Darcel McBathDB Texas Tech...gone (3rd string SF)
2 64 Richard QuinnTE North Carolina...gone(3rd string CIN)
4 114 David BrutonDB Notre Dame.....???? (2nd string DEN)
4 132 Seth OlsenG Iowa....gone (3rd string IND)
5 141 Kenny McKinleyWR South Carolina....suicide...RIP
6 174 Tom BrandstaterQB Fresno State....gone..not playing
7 225 Blake SchlueterC Texas Christian....gone not playing

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Despite inheriting a team ranked 2nd in the NFL in total offense in 2008, McDaniels fires all of Denver’s offensive assistant coaches except running backs coach, Bobby Turner, and offensive line coach, Rick Dennison. McDaniels’ decision to fire quarterbacks coach, Jeremy Bates, particularly irks quarterback Jay Cutler who had passed for 4,526 yards and 25 touchdowns and made the Pro Bowl with Bates as his position coach in 2008

Taco John
01-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Where a lot of those that are very young and know nothing about broncos prior to mikey I see their emotional attachment to him.

I'm pushing 40, and my emotional attachment to Shanahan has to do with what I knew about the Broncos prior to him joining the team - starting with what he did for John Elway the young player, and moving towards what he did for John Elway the old player (And that's without even mentioning Mike Shanahan taking the team from out of the wilderness and into the promised land).

Mike Shanahan is one of the best things to ever have had happen to the Broncos franchise.

broncocalijohn
01-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Yes, I do believe it was a direct and deserved shot at McDaniels by Elway... and at a 4-12 season that resulted in the #2 overall pick in the draft. I think we can all agree that 4-12 and #2 overall is... subpar. And really, unacceptable. To Elway, it was unacceptable. We Broncos fans are somewhat spoiled; the team hasn't truly sucked (until McDaniels) since the 60's, early 70s. Yes, we had some "mediocre" years but during the Shanahan years, I don't think we ever picked in the top ten.

Nope. Not a single pick in the top ten:
2008: Ryan Clady #12
2007: Jarvis Moss #17
2006: Jay Cutler #12
2005: Darrent Williams #56 (our 1st pick was in the 2nd round)
2004: DJ Williams #17
2003: George Foster #20
2002: Ashley Lelie: #19
2001: Willie Middlebrooks #24
2000: Deltha O'Neal #15
1999: Al Wilson #31
1998: Marcus Nash #30
1997: Trevor Pryce #28
1996: John Mobley #15
1995: Jamie Brown #121 (our 1st pick was in the 4th round).

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/draft.htm

Blue, maybe next time to prove your point, don't put the names of our 1st rounders. Good God Shanny missed on a ton of those. Middlebrooks? Foster? Nash? Not that it was a total cluster **** but some bad memories.

broncocalijohn
01-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Despite inheriting a team ranked 2nd in the NFL in total offense in 2008, McDaniels fires all of Denver’s offensive assistant coaches except running backs coach, Bobby Turner, and offensive line coach, Rick Dennison. McDaniels’ decision to fire quarterbacks coach, Jeremy Bates, particularly irks quarterback Jay Cutler who had passed for 4,526 yards and 25 touchdowns and made the Pro Bowl with Bates as his position coach in 2008

Obviously, not an original thought. If it was, I would have run out of breath trying to read one long sentence. Put the link Bronco Rob.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-04-2013, 02:14 PM
I'm on a ranch in the middle of moffat county. No Cable available so it used to be dial up but now they have Hughes sattelite. was for crap last night.

Wife beaters was Marshall and his 40 something police reports or call ins from his house while his ex girlfriend was still, around even after he dumped her he was involved in a slap down while he was in MIA outside a club with his now wife.

Why anyone on this or any other forums could excuse it and want the mental midget on the team is beyond me.

Once maybe but hai rap sheet on that was 40 plus 911 calls. Just at his house.

Add in his responsibility for the death of darennt and IIRC a couple of DUIs, his attitude at TC the next summer.

I just do not see why anyone would want this ticking time bomb on the team. He does you no good if he is in jail or serving a suspension.

well why wont the courts then serve some justice up and isnt this drifting a wee bit off subject i dont like criminals on any nfl team we aint the raiders but brandon marshall isnt a Denver Bronco anymore
therefore isnt on my radar anymore go on to the chicago bears forum and ask them why they love him

Blueflame
01-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Blue, maybe next time to prove your point, don't put the names of our 1st rounders. Good God Shanny missed on a ton of those. Middlebrooks? Foster? Nash? Not that it was a total cluster **** but some bad memories.

My point wasn't about whether or not those draft picks panned out and the information about who they were isn't exactly a secret. The point was that during the entire Shanahan era, we didn't select a single player within the first ten of the draft in any year. Guess I could have made my point just as well by noting 6 wins is the fewest we had in any Shanahan year and it resulted in a #10 overall pick, but Shanahan traded down to #19. We were never, ever close to #2 with Shanahan at the helm, so I don't see how anyone can advance a valid argument that 4-12 and #2 overall wasn't the nadir of this franchise since the 60's/early 70's.

Edited to add: you have to go all the way back to '91 (Mike Croel, #4 overall) to find another Broncos top-ten draft pick besides Von Miller. Broncos fans are not used to the team sucking horribly enough to be drafting in the top ten.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Obviously, not an original thought. If it was, I would have run out of breath trying to read one long sentence. Put the link Bronco Rob.

its for lonestar he umm how can i be polite about this thinks mcdumbass left the broncos better shape when he left . and my reaction is http://www.burningshadow.dk/Galleries/Facepalm/Facepalm3.jpg
and why is he bringing up Brandon Marshall legal problems here or should i just ask him lone why are you bringing up Brandon marshall and why are you such a mcdumbass fan. if you want to believe in the fiction that mcdumbass left the broncos in a better shape than when he left it go right ahead you can also believe the sky is green grass is blue.
but the fact is he sucks i would of gave him another year because im too damn nice to people and hate being in charge firing people

broncocalijohn
01-04-2013, 02:53 PM
^^^ If it is for just Lonestar, send him a PM. When you make a post, it is for everyone to read. My post still stands and you don't refute it. BTW, it was more of a joke then what was actually posted. Now the post above is completely you. I know your original thought.

cutthemdown
01-04-2013, 03:00 PM
McDaniels had some good pics with Decker and Thomas I will give him that. But I think even one of us would get a couple good players just drafting off the ourlads guide lol.

lonestar
01-04-2013, 03:50 PM

Having a ball. Trying to bring the facts out that so many do not want to beleive.

Not miserable at all dislike those that choose to change the subject when facts are stated or call names when they can not refute the facts.

I think you are confusing dugust in the plotical side on this liberal rag vs on general pretty decent football talk.

I find several posters knowledgeable here good and frankly getting decent info on the broncos being as far away as I live I have limited options.

So I'm not going anywhere much to some folks despair.. They will either have to suck it up and read some facts or put me on IGGY. Frankly I do not care.

BroncoBeavis
01-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Just curious... was there ever a consensus around here about whether Josh would've been Rovered out of Denver that year if it weren't for the videotaping thing?

Or did anyone think he would've gotten a 3rd season otherwise?

Blueflame
01-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Just curious... was there ever a consensus around here about whether Josh would've been Rovered out of Denver that year if it weren't for the videotaping thing?

It seems pretty clear-cut that without "Spygate 2" he would have at least finished the 2010 season as HC. Had the win/loss record still remained 4-12 (most likely scenario), then I think he still would have been replaced for 2011. Coaches whose teams go 4-12 don't stick around in today's win-now-or-else NFL.

lonestar
01-04-2013, 04:14 PM

Personally I believed that the Tebow pick might have bought him another year. Depending if the locker room was with him.

There was a lot of anticipation happening there.

lonestar
01-04-2013, 04:24 PM
My point wasn't about whether or not those draft picks panned out and the information about who they were isn't exactly a secret. The point was that during the entire Shanahan era, we didn't select a single player within the first ten of the draft in any year. Guess I could have made my point just as well by noting 6 wins is the fewest we had in any Shanahan year and it resulted in a #10 overall pick, but Shanahan traded down to #19. We were never, ever close to #2 with Shanahan at the helm, so I don't see how anyone can advance a valid argument that 4-12 and #2 overall wasn't the nadir of this franchise since the 60's/early 70's.

Edited to add: you have to go all the way back to '91 (Mike Croel, #4 overall) to find another Broncos top-ten draft pick besides Von Miller. Broncos fans are not used to the team sucking horribly enough to be drafting in the top ten.

Do you really beleive he would have not screwed up those picks if he had?

If you go back and look at players taken in the top ten they were usually DL, QB, or OL. With an occasional RB/WR

2003 - ROUND 1
SEL # TEAM PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL
1 Cincinnati Bengals Carson Palmer QB USC
2 Detroit Lions Charles Rogers WR Michigan State
3 Houston Texans Andre Johnson WR Miami (Fla.)
4 New York Jets Dewayne Robertson DT Kentucky
5 Dallas Cowboys Terence Newman CB Kansas State
6 New Orleans Saints Johnathan Sullivan DT Georgia
7 Jacksonville Jaguars Byron Leftwich QB Marshall
8 Carolina Panthers Jordan Gross T Utah
9 Minnesota Vikings Kevin Williams DE Oklahoma State
10 Baltimore Ravens Terrell Suggs OLB Arizona State
11 Seattle Seahawks Marcus Trufant CB Washington State
12 St. Louis Rams Jimmy Kennedy DT Penn State
13 New England Patriots Ty Warren DE Texas A&M
14 Chicago Bears Michael Haynes DE Penn State
15 Philadelphia Eagles Jerome McDougle DE Miami (Fla.)
16 Pittsburgh Steelers Troy Polamalu DB USC
17 Arizona Cardinals Bryant Johnson WR Penn State
18 Arizona Cardinals Calvin Pace DE Wake Forest
19 Baltimore Ravens Kyle Boller QB California
20 Denver Broncos George Foster

1 San Diego Chargers Eli Manning QB Mississippi
2 Oakland Raiders Robert Gallery T Iowa
3 Arizona Cardinals Larry Fitzgerald WR Pittsburgh
4 New York Giants Philip Rivers QB North Carolina State
5 Washington Redskins Sean Taylor FS Miami (Fla.)
6 Cleveland Browns Kellen Winslow TE Miami (Fla.)
7 Detroit Lions Roy Williams WR Texas
8 Atlanta Falcons DeAngelo Hall CB Virginia Tech
9 Jacksonville Jaguars Reggie Williams WR Washington
10 Houston Texans Dunta Robinson CB South Carolina

More later

DBroncos4life
01-04-2013, 04:35 PM
It seems pretty clear-cut that without "Spygate 2" he would have at least finished the 2010 season as HC. Had the win/loss record still remained 4-12 (most likely scenario), then I think he still would have been replaced for 2011. Coaches whose teams go 4-12 don't stick around in today's win-now-or-else NFL.

I think we would have finished 3-13 with McD.

BroncoBuff
01-04-2013, 04:36 PM

In hindsight, there were no secret agendas, we saw what happened. Cutler's name was mentioned a couple times, likely just idle chatter, but when Cutler asked him about it, Josh lied to his face. Petulant child #1: "He lied! He lied!" Petulant child #2 (fresh off his Matt Cassell miracle) "The player doesn't make me, I make the player."

So Elway's plan was "Champ is the Rock, and upon this Rock I shall build my team?" Kinda funny to focus on a 12th year cornerback when facing the mother of all rebuilds ... maybe Clady or Woodyard, or how 'bout John's first draft pick, highest pick in franchise history, Von Miller?

But you can't question Elway at this point, you simply cannot. Has he made even one wrong move? No, he hasn't ... he's running the table three racks in, while his doubters watch dumbfounded, holding their sticks in their hands.

Blueflame
01-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Do you really beleive he would have not screwed up those picks if he had?

If you go back and look at players taken in the top ten they were usually DL, QB, or OL. With an occasional RB/WR

More later

Uh, no... I think if Mike Shanahan's Broncos teams had sucked thoroughly enough for us to have top-ten draft picks, he would not have been our HC for 14 years; he would have been fired. He received heavy criticism for the 6-10 (1999) season... and rightly so because we were the defending SB champions. Key injuries (a lot of them) were a factor, but when expectations are high, criticism follows when those expectations are not met.

But high expectations from the fan base is exactly the point I was trying to make... we aren't used to our team sucking and I fully believe that if "Spygate 2" hadn't taken McDaniels down, the 4-12 record...and being the second-worst team in the league... would have. I don't believe for a second that Tebow would have factored into the equation; being one of the league's 2 worst teams wouldn't have been considered ok.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-04-2013, 05:15 PM
I bet if you ask "the players" if they liked having McD around, that way more than half would say no. He divided the lockerroom and his player to coach connections were abrasive. It was embarrassing enough that on thanksgiving he looked like a complete fool on TV, but the whole spy gate thing was a dark moment. I don't care if McD lovers say he was cleared. Really? He had no clue? Come on. Even of he didnt look at it the damage was done by even having film.

DBroncos4life
01-04-2013, 05:23 PM
I bet if you ask "the players" if they liked having McD around, that way more than half would say no. He divided the lockerroom and his player to coach connections were abrasive. It was embarrassing enough that on thanksgiving he looked like a complete fool on TV, but the whole spy gate thing was a dark moment. I don't care if McD lovers say he was cleared. Really? He had no clue? Come on. Even of he didnt look at it the damage was done by even having film.
Steve Scarnecchia clearly just acted all alone.LOL Who in their right mind believes that. McD hire the cheater in the first place.

BroncoBuff
01-04-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm gonna say it: It appears John is an even better GM than he was a QB. I'm sometimes prone to hyperbole, but still: any way you cut it, this is an historic rebuild and turnaround

2010: Franchise record 12 losses, team branded as cheaters, fan support at all-time low
2011: John arrives, and with him a surprise division title and playoff victory
2012: John year two, #4 NFL offense, #2 NFL defense, home-field throughout

Maybe there's been other turnarounds like this, but I can't think of any ...

broncocalijohn
01-04-2013, 06:28 PM

That isn't true. TSIGUY had tweets from many players. Besides Royal, we are still waiting for those Twitter links. You just wait and see. They are there.

(before your time but if you want to catch up on the McDaniels losing times, go read some from Nov. 2010.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-04-2013, 06:59 PM
http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/timeline/
read all the awful crap mcdumbass has done
and then like to see someone defend him

lonestar
01-04-2013, 07:29 PM
In hindsight, there were no secret agendas, we saw what happened. Cutler's name was mentioned a couple times, likely just idle chatter, but when Cutler asked him about it, Josh lied to his face. Petulant child #1: "He lied! He lied!" Petulant child #2 (fresh off his Matt Cassell miracle) "The player doesn't make me, I make the player."

So Elway's plan was "Champ is the Rock, and upon this Rock I shall build my team?" Kinda funny to focus on a 12th year cornerback when facing the mother of all rebuilds ... maybe Clady or Woodyard, or how 'bout John's first draft pick, highest pick in franchise history, Von Miller?

But you can't question Elway at this point, you simply cannot. Has he made even one wrong move? No, he hasn't ... he's running the table three racks in, while his doubters watch dumbfounded, holding their sticks in their hands.

I truly beleive that josh had every intention of trying to coach him up, but after watching film on him and then actually talking to him face to face. I suspect that was when he started to think trade or wonder if he would be nothing more than the Jeff George he turned out to be.

As for John I've always been a fan and wondered if he could pull an Ozzie Newsome go from HOF player to exec. Pretty sure that question has been answered.

So far so good on player picks. A few duds but we all know that the draft is a crap shoot. But for the most part he is loving by the credo that you build a team via the draft.

My hat is off to him.

lonestar
01-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Uh, no... I think if Mike Shanahan's Broncos teams had sucked thoroughly enough for us to have top-ten draft picks, he would not have been our HC for 14 years; he would have been fired. He received heavy criticism for the 6-10 (1999) season... and rightly so because we were the defending SB champions. Key injuries (a lot of them) were a factor, but when expectations are high, criticism follows when those expectations are not met.

But high expectations from the fan base is exactly the point I was trying to make... we aren't used to our team sucking and I fully believe that if "Spygate 2" hadn't taken McDaniels down, the 4-12 record...and being the second-worst team in the league... would have. I don't believe for a second that Tebow would have factored into the equation; being one of the league's 2 worst teams wouldn't have been considered ok.

I'm not so sure Pat seemed to buy into the rebuild and the scheme he was attempting to start up in DEN, IMO he wanted NE west, because of that he would have waited another year.

But we wound up with the best possible scenario now with John and Manning. I'll not complain about that a bit.

Blueflame
01-04-2013, 08:22 PM
I'm not so sure Pat seemed to buy into the rebuild and the scheme he was attempting to start up in DEN, IMO he wanted NE west, because of that he would have waited another year.

But we wound up with the best possible scenario now with John and Manning. I'll not complain about that a bit.

Pat Bowlen's first priority (like most NFL team owners) is winning games. Not winning games (going 4-12 and being one of the 2 worst teams in the league) very quickly can translate into empty seats in the stadium and even blackouts. Had McDaniels been retained for another year, we most likely would have lost the only remaining true superstar that was on our roster (Champ) as McDaniels showed little inclination to work with Champ on a contract extension.

The point is moot, however... McDaniels did bring in the guy who filmed the 9ers and he did allow the Spygate 2 scandal to happen. And he was rightly fired for it. Firing McDaniels and turning the reins over to Elway turned out to be the correct course for the Broncos to take (a fast track back to playoff contention).

broncosteven
01-04-2013, 08:32 PM
Found this on Reddit:

I really like that John decided to build his team around a HOF player like Champ and not a long snapper.

So grateful to have the team we have today.

Play2win
01-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Pat Bowlen's first priority (like most NFL team owners) is winning games. Not winning games (going 4-12 and being one of the 2 worst teams in the league) very quickly can translate into empty seats in the stadium and even blackouts. Had McDaniels been retained for another year, we most likely would have lost the only remaining true superstar that was on our roster (Champ) as McDaniels showed little inclination to work with Champ on a contract extension.

The point is moot, however... McDaniels did bring in the guy who filmed the 9ers and he did allow the Spygate 2 scandal to happen. And he was rightly fired for it. Firing McDaniels and turning the reins over to Elway turned out to be the correct course for the Broncos to take (a fast track back to playoff contention).

Yep Bill Belichick's Master plan backfire on his ass. :approve:

maven
01-04-2013, 08:41 PM
I truly beleive that josh had every intention of trying to coach him up, but after watching film on him and then actually talking to him face to face. I suspect that was when he started to think trade or wonder if he would be nothing more than the Jeff George he turned out to be.

As for John I've always been a fan and wondered if he could pull an Ozzie Newsome go from HOF player to exec. Pretty sure that question has been answered.

So far so good on player picks. A few duds but we all know that the draft is a crap shoot. But for the most part he is loving by the credo that you build a team via the draft.

My hat is off to him.

u watch josh now in new enland he and brady feed off each other. lots of emotion, passion, and energy with the will to kik ass and win. cutler is the opposite. cutler is a heck of a talent, but a ****ing dud

maven
01-04-2013, 08:42 PM
to add its the same qualities u see in Tebow

broncosteven
01-04-2013, 09:38 PM

My hat is off to him.

I have been in the car alot on Thursday and AM670 (could have been AM1000) "The Score" had Mike Klis on and they talked about McCoy for a while and then the talk shifted to to mCd trying to run Cutler out of Denver. Not sure if I remember hearing that it went down the way Klis said it did but mCd was so in love with the trade for Cassell that he had a 3 way trade going with Tampa Bay shipping Cutler out to FL.

Sounds like mCd wanted to bring in his guy that he knows what he is going to get out of and then dump Cuter for some picks (that he ended up wasting later), mCd got what he wanted and ended up being forced to reach on a guy like Tebow, he moves back up to draft Timmy then would not start him at all in his last few weeks with Denver.

mCd was totally unprepared for the NFL level and the win now mentality. So glad we have a HC and OC who know what their players do well and get them in positions to succeed, where as mCd threw the ball on a LT screen to a Left Tackle. inside the redzone.

BroncsCheer
01-04-2013, 09:39 PM
This thread needs some Drek

19Morton77
01-04-2013, 09:41 PM

Isnt he the McDaniels lover? You sure you want to go there?

Taco John
01-04-2013, 09:47 PM

Every thread needs more Drek.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-04-2013, 09:55 PM

Who doesn't want more of this in there face?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tkzALAmawfY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You think GM's want that on their sidelines?

or how about this.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2pPCEXq4mgk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and this

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3vIOBUFRVkg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DBroncos4life
01-04-2013, 09:56 PM

I'm sure he will twll Elway to not breed like he did us for bashing McD.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-04-2013, 10:01 PM
BTW, Req why don't you grow a pair instead of being a b!tch and neg repping me. You feel you been wronged sack up and talk $h!t about me here in front of everybody and make your $h!tty point if you got one. BTW, I ain't no Jesus freak you weak a$$ wussy.

Jetland
01-04-2013, 10:14 PM
BTW, Req why don't you grow a pair instead of being a b!tch and neg repping me. You feel you been wronged sack up and talk $h!t about me here in front of everybody and make your $h!tty point if you got one. BTW, I ain't no Jesus freak you weak a$$ wussy.

love this thread still going stroooooong

lonestar
01-05-2013, 08:24 AM

He is a a punk that only takes shots behind someone back. Used to do that to me until I put him on IGGY. I guess he never got over me banning him one the last board he slithered on to. When he was banned on what is now broncos country.

Now that unless someone quotes the public shots at me (still behind my back) I never see them nor can he PM me to do it either.

He has been this way since the old mania days when he was a punk kid ten years and no more maturity than back then.

If you think telling to grow a pair will work, you are sadly mistaken.

Requiem
01-05-2013, 08:27 AM

All I gotta say is this: Child please . . .

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/umad.gif

CEH
01-05-2013, 08:27 AM
^^^^ Weak
The gauntlet has been thrown down

Requiem
01-05-2013, 08:30 AM
He is a a punk that only takes shots behind someone back. Used to do that to me until I put him on IGGY. I guess he never got over me banning him one the last board he slithered on to. When he was banned on what is now broncos country.

Now that unless someone quotes the public shots at me (still behind my back) I never see them nor can he PM me to do it either.

He has been this way since the old mania days when he was a punk kid ten years and no more maturity than back then.

If you think telling to grow a pair will work, you are sadly mistaken.

You and I were banned from the same forums. You were also a moderator kicked off a site you and a few others started because you couldn't play by the rules on Mania/Broncos Country. So don't take the moral high ground and act like you have been innocent in your treatment of people on forums. You haven't.

Several times a day you go out of your way to talk about how I chime in and throw out a pot shot, try to throw me under the bus. My dislike for you doesn't have anything to do with you banning me. I dislike you because you are a turd of a human being and a hypocrite of the worst kind. You think you are better than people because you have more money, and constantly gloat about what you have in life and what others don't. You have a penchant for bringing up politics and stupid side arguments into football threads because you just can't help yourself. You are purposely divisive. You are also illiterate.

You are a grown up person who has acted like a petulant child for well over a decade on the internet. It is really quite pathetic. Like I've said before, I can't imagine my parents (who are probably your age) going on the internet and acting like a complete and total clown. I mean seriously, who is in their 40s and 50s and fights with teenagers on the internet? Someone who has big social problems.

I thought you said you had an epiphany at church and wanted to become a better person?

Bull****.

CEH
01-05-2013, 08:33 AM

IDK my guess is they had enough of Josh and he would have been fired at the end of 2010. Champ Bailey who is the ultimate company guy said after Josh Rovered out of Dove Valley a sense of relief came over the entire building from Bowlen down to the secretaries who work the front entrance

Requiem
01-05-2013, 08:35 AM
^^^^ Weak
The gauntlet has been thrown down

His name comes from a terrible movie available on Netflix and his grammar is terrible. Failure to launch.

Bacchus
01-05-2013, 08:41 AM
His name comes from a terrible movie available on Netflix and his grammar is terrible. Failure to launch.

I must disagree. I loved the movie^5

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2013, 08:43 AM

and not a single **** was given.

Requiem
01-05-2013, 08:45 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/173/576/Wat8.jpg?1315930535

BroncsCheer
01-05-2013, 10:25 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/173/576/Wat8.jpg?1315930535

You're really NOT pocketninja? The resemblance is uncanny.

Requiem
01-05-2013, 10:44 AM
You're really NOT pocketninja? The resemblance is uncanny.

What is a pocket ninja?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-05-2013, 10:54 AM
I'm saying you shouldn't neg rep. Neg rep is there for a reason just like giving positive rep. Just have the balls to be forthright about it. You want to know why Req gave me a net rep. I called him "king of trolls". Of which I don't care. What I care about is he didn't call me out here. If you really think you're not the king of trolls defend yourself here.

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2013, 10:57 AM
meh, neg reps can be a badge of honor round these parts, just say'n.

Requiem
01-05-2013, 10:57 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqq1j75Va21qbotu4o1_400.jpg

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2013, 10:58 AM
If Req doesn't like your opinion, you are doing something right, doh!

Requiem
01-05-2013, 11:01 AM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/287/278/3e5.jpg

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2013, 11:02 AM
lol yes indeed.

lonestar
01-05-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm saying you shouldn't neg rep. Neg rep is there for a reason just like giving positive rep. Just have the balls to be forthright about it. You want to know why Req gave me a net rep. I called him "king of trolls". Of which I don't care. What I care about is he didn't call me out here. If you really think you're not the king of trolls defend yourself here.

Which of course in his case is an impossible task. Weasely one line pots shots of no substance. Which is the definition of trolling.

But of course that has been his mantra since 03.

About the only time his posts are worth a damn is talking about college players as he has been a college student forever.

lonestar
01-05-2013, 11:22 AM
lol yes indeed.

Case in point one liner crap. That adds zero value to the conversation.

Requiem
01-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Which of course in his case is an impossible task. Weasely one line pots shots of no substance. Which is the definition of trolling.

But of course that has been his mantra since 03.

About the only time his posts are worth a damn is talking about college players as he has been a college student forever.

Says the the king of Tanahan Daft Doodle talk. I have been done with school for like. . . um, three years now? Lmfao.

. . . as if your disdain for liberals, Tanahan, DJ Williams, etc. aren't all tossed out through cute one-liners and your failed attempts at wit. GTFO.

24champ
01-05-2013, 11:33 AM

Pat originally backed McDaniels right before he fired him. It's a weird series of events. He had an interview with AOL fanhouse about how he is sticking with McDaniels and giving him another season.

"I am not interested in making a change," Bowlen said.

OK, what about the 2011 season? Will McDaniels be back for it?

"Yes he will," Bowlen said. "I am not interested in making a coaching change."

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/11/29/josh-mcdaniels-will-return-in-2011-broncos-owner-says/

He continues to defend McD through the whole article, and even mentions that there will probably be staff changes. What would have happened is Martindale would have been canned, and a lot of defensive coaches would have been fired and McD would have stayed.

Keep in mind, the above interview was a week before McDaniels was canned.

BroncsCheer
01-05-2013, 11:46 AM
What is a pocket ninja?

Pocketninja is a Fark poster whose delivery methods, timely use of the non sequitur, and broad repertoire reminds me largely of your posting.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Didn't McDumbass get the cursed "our full confidence"

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Pocketninja is a Fark poster whose delivery methods, timely use of the non sequitur, and broad repertoire reminds me largely of your posting.

LOL

Requiem
01-05-2013, 11:57 AM

Sounds like this guy is a legend. Strolled over some of his posts. He can rant for days. I will take it as a compliment, sir. Considering you enjoyed a few of my posts. I FEEL IT.

broncocalijohn
01-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Didn't McDumbass get the cursed "our full confidence"

It was "coach for life" cursed line.

lonestar
01-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Pat originally backed McDaniels right before he fired him. It's a weird series of events. He had an interview with AOL fanhouse about how he is sticking with McDaniels and giving him another season.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/11/29/josh-mcdaniels-will-return-in-2011-broncos-owner-says/

He continues to defend McD through the whole article, and even mentions that there will probably be staff changes. What would have happened is Martindale would have been canned, and a lot of defensive coaches would have been fired and McD would have stayed.

Keep in mind, the above interview was a week before McDaniels was canned.

Prior to the spy gate issue the local press was from what I read and understood pretty neutral on Josh while they did not like his disdain for them I think they feared him like those in NE do BB. Knowing they could easily lose press credentials if they pissed him off.

But once there was blood in the water the feeding frenzy started en mass..

IMO it seemed like that the press riled up the public and fans and shortly thereafter Pat changed his tune fast.

Blueflame
01-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Prior to the spy gate issue the local press was from what I read and understood pretty neutral on Josh while they did not like his disdain for them I think they feared him like those in NE do BB. Knowing they could easily lose press credentials if they pissed him off.

IMO it seemed like that the press riled up the public and fans and shortly thereafter Pat changed his tune fast.

Spygate 2 thrust the Broncos into the national limelight in a very negative way and had McDaniels not been fired, the public perception would have been that the organization... including Bowlen... at least tacitly approved of the attempt at cheating.

However... any HC whose team goes 4-12 has very high odds of being fired regardless. Hell, Marty was fired after his team went 14-2.

Tombstone RJ
01-05-2013, 12:53 PM

lol, how you like me now?

lonestar
01-05-2013, 01:36 PM
lol, how you like me now?

I was referring to whom you were quoting. Not your post.

IIRC your one of the quality posters on here with real input longer than one line.

Requiem
01-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Get over it, JRWIZ. Time to be a grown up. :)

lonestar
01-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Spygate 2 thrust the Broncos into the national limelight in a very negative way and had McDaniels not been fired, the public perception would have been that the organization... including Bowlen... at least tacitly approved of the attempt at cheating.

However... any HC whose team goes 4-12 has very high odds of being fired regardless. Hell, Marty was fired after his team went 14-2.

Most owners know that when hiring a new HC and regime, especially a team that was in such poor condition talent wise, that it is going to take more than a couple of years to rebuild it.

Since we had so many kiddies on the team that year and with Tebow looming in the near future I think he would have gotten another year.

As for Marty he was fired because he could NEVER KEEP IT UP IN THE playoffs. I'm not sure if he ever won a playoff game going back as far as THE DRIVE.

Blueflame
01-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Most owners know that when hiring a new HC and regime, especially a team that was in such poor condition talent wise, that it is going to take more than a couple of years to rebuild it.

Since we had so many kiddies on the team that year and with Tebow looming in the near future I think he would have gotten another year.

As for Marty he was fired because he could NEVER KEEP IT UP IN THE playoffs. I'm not sure if he ever won a playoff game going back as far as THE DRIVE.

Again, I believe that... had Spygate 2 not happened... McDaniels would have been allowed to finish the 2010 season. But 2011 was far from a "given"... had McDaniels finished the '10 season, it's entirely possible that we wouldn't have won the Texans game, meaning 3-13. You may believe Bowlen would have been ok with 3-4 wins; but I think he would have found it unacceptable and would have been looking for other options (Elway).

Spygate 2 was certainly the catalyst for the firing... the "final straw" so to speak. But McDaniels was already on "thinning ice" due to losing. IMHO.

Marty might not have had such a poor playoff record if he had not had the misfortune of encountering his nemesis 3 times. Just sayin'. ;D It's still my opinion that the Chargers were stupid to fire a coach after 14-2.

Durango
01-05-2013, 02:27 PM
McDaniels wasn't going to get another year, spy gate, no spy gate, didn't matter.

All you had to do was look out over the thousands of empty seats at 'sold-out' home games and you knew Bowlen wasn't going to let that continue.

McDaniels was an utter, complete, total disaster for this franchise, completely out of his depth, and I'm a little surprised he wasn't fired immediately after the spy gate nonsense.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-05-2013, 02:44 PM

so the refusal to play Tebow granted fans didnt know if he could play or not and the 2 years in a row with a losing record the blow outs to division rivals spy gate didnt sorta piss the fans media off ?

Blueflame
01-05-2013, 03:07 PM
McDaniels wasn't going to get another year, spy gate, no spy gate, didn't matter.

All you had to do was look out over the thousands of empty seats at 'sold-out' home games and you knew Bowlen wasn't going to let that continue.

McDaniels was an utter, complete, total disaster for this franchise, completely out of his depth, and I'm a little surprised he wasn't fired immediately after the spy gate nonsense.

That was my thought as well... any NFL team owner is going to at least consider a HC change after an abysmal season. Add to it the fact that the entire McDaniels era was one controversy after another and Bowlen was in a position where he had to do something to "right the ship"... he couldn't allow McDaniels more time to run it even further into the ground. Tebow wasn't even on the radar as a factor in his decision.

lonestar
01-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Again, I believe that... had Spygate 2 not happened... McDaniels would have been allowed to finish the 2010 season. But 2011 was far from a "given"... had McDaniels finished the '10 season, it's entirely possible that we wouldn't have won the Texans game, meaning 3-13. You may believe Bowlen would have been ok with 3-4 wins; but I think he would have found it unacceptable and would have been looking for other options (Elway).

Spygate 2 was certainly the catalyst for the firing... the "final straw" so to speak. But McDaniels was already on "thinning ice" due to losing. IMHO.

Marty might not have had such a poor playoff record if he had not had the misfortune of encountering his nemesis 3 times. Just sayin'. ;D It's still my opinion that the Chargers were stupid to fire a coach after 14-2.

And IMHO they would have been stupid to keep him. Marty just chocked in big games. As I said before I'm not sure he ever Won a playoff game. Regardless if John was on the then side.

As for Josh Pat bought into his scheme and those things that went with it.. The defense needed to be completely rebuilt with just doom, dj and champ as starters a wasn't doom hurt that year also. I might have my years mixed up but pretty sure he was.

Rumor had it it was Joes hire and Pat really liked it. Pat has always had loads of loyalty to his coaches and only because he had mikey in his back pocket did he pull the plug on Wade after two years. After all mikey waste guy he wanted instead of wade anyway.

I could be dead wrong, but Pat had never shown the propensity to can his coach..

lonestar
01-05-2013, 03:50 PM

You may be correct about the empty seats. Something I never got to see that year I saw few of the games and none on them I saw on tv showed pickup tires of those empty seats.

Now let me add having a good draft and UFA signing period may have gotten those fans back into the seats.

CEH
01-05-2013, 03:54 PM
You may be correct about the empty seats. Something I never got to see that year I saw few of the games and none on them I saw on tv showed pickup tires of those empty seats.

Now let me add having a good draft and UFA signing period may have gotten those fans back into the seats.

One of the home games they did not show the attendance . Another first in the history of the McEra

orinjkrush
01-05-2013, 07:34 PM
i just remember that Josh got the Broncos to be the absolute laughing stock of the NFL. almost weekly. it was mortifying.

broncocalijohn
01-05-2013, 10:45 PM
i just remember that Josh got the Broncos to be the absolute laughing stock of the NFL. almost weekly. it was mortifying.

But boy, those post game press conferences every week left everyone wanting more because they just oozed of improvements.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-05-2013, 10:45 PM

For the first time I knew how it must feel like to be a Chefs fan. Its something I never ever want to feel again.

Atwater His Ass
01-05-2013, 10:51 PM
The real test for Elway and the rest of the front office will come when Manning retires, how they replace him, and how they mold the new team. Hopefully he's up to the task.

Bronco Yoda
01-05-2013, 11:33 PM
How is Elway NOT the executive of the year? It's not even close IMO.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-05-2013, 11:38 PM
The real test for Elway and the rest of the front office will come when Manning retires, how they replace him, and how they mold the new team. Hopefully he's up to the task.

True dat. Getting Manning was a coup. But Elway is also biuld a team for the future as well with Picks of Osweiler, Hillman and Moore. I think Elway is building this team a lot like 49ers and Seattle with some Eagles element in there as well.

Blueflame
01-05-2013, 11:45 PM
And IMHO they would have been stupid to keep him. Marty just chocked in big games. As I said before I'm not sure he ever Won a playoff game. Regardless if John was on the then side.

As for Josh Pat bought into his scheme and those things that went with it.. The defense needed to be completely rebuilt with just doom, dj and champ as starters a wasn't doom hurt that year also. I might have my years mixed up but pretty sure he was.

Rumor had it it was Joes hire and Pat really liked it. Pat has always had loads of loyalty to his coaches and only because he had mikey in his back pocket did he pull the plug on Wade after two years. After all mikey waste guy he wanted instead of wade anyway.

I could be dead wrong, but Pat had never shown the propensity to can his coach..

It was stupider (or should that be "more stupid" for grammatical correctness?) to fire Marty and hire Norv... to date, they've never returned to 14-2 and were hovering in the 7-9 win range 4 of Norv's six seasons. They only went deeper in the playoffs (than the Divisional game that was Marty's last as their HC) one time and still fell short of a SB appearance; much less a win.

As for Marty's teams ever winning any playoff games... seeing as how it was in the AFCCG that John sent Marty's Browns home in January of '87 and '88, well... you don't get to play in the AFCCG without winning in the Divisional round of the playoffs, right? Anyway, I count 5 playoff wins for Marty's teams, including the most recent playoff game the Chefs ever won on January 16, 1993.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/SchoMa0.htm

I don't care how much an owner has bought into a very young, unproven HC's scheme... he has to rethink things and begin to suspect that said unproven HC might not be the answer after all... if the team slides to its lowest win total since 1971 (1982 wasn't a full season). After the 6-game winning streak to start the '09 season, something bad must have happened during the bye... 'cause the team proceeded to go on 4 separate 4-game losing streaks in the remainder of his tenure. I don't care how you spin it, Lonestar... 28 games coached... with a win/loss total of 9 - 17 (subtracting Studesville's 1-3 record) does not earn another season in which to continue down what had obviously become a downhill spiral. The only responsible thing Bowlen could do at that point was to take the team out of free-fall and try to salvage as much as he could while there was still something left to save. You can't realistically think there was any chance that Bowlen would have decided vying for "worst team in the league rather than merely the runner-up" and #1 overall in the 2012 draft was a viable option. Even if it would have netted us Luck.

Atwater His Ass
01-06-2013, 01:24 AM
True dat. Getting Manning was a coup. But Elway is also biuld a team for the future as well with Picks of Osweiler, Hillman and Moore. I think Elway is building this team a lot like 49ers and Seattle with some Eagles element in there as well.

I just want Elway's the GM's legacy to be more than bringing in Manning. He's done a lot to re-engage the fanbase, but I would really like to see him continue to excel in the years beyond.

If things dont' work out down the road, the short sided people will attribute all of his success to Manning, disrgarding the other excellent work he's done in putting this team around Peyton.

I just don't want to see all the threads and posts that Elway only succeeded with Manning, similari to the bone heads that try to discredit Shanahan because he had Elway as his QB.

DBroncos4life
01-06-2013, 01:36 AM
How is this still a thread? Elway told McD lovers to **** off so end this.

Bacchus
01-06-2013, 02:12 AM

Jesus dude, what did the neg rep take away your manhoodhood or something?!?! Wow, I got lots of neg reps and I embrace them!!! pussy.

Bronco Rob
01-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Great minds think alike.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109170

:thumbs:

OrangeSe7en
01-06-2013, 10:33 AM
One could argue that the organization built around Elway, when trying to win the fanbase back. And then, he, in turn, did the same thing with Champ.

Although, I suddenly remember that Bowlen did an interview where he wasn't that big on firing McDaniels. Then, the next thing you know, they fired him. It almost seemed like Ellis might have been more behind firing McDaniels. Does anyone have a clearer memory of this?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Great minds think alike.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109170

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Lt2_C9wLNjU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OrangeSe7en
01-06-2013, 10:41 AM
I just want Elway's the GM's legacy to be more than bringing in Manning. He's done a lot to re-engage the fanbase, but I would really like to see him continue to excel in the years beyond.

If things dont' work out down the road, the short sided people will attribute all of his success to Manning, disrgarding the other excellent work he's done in putting this team around Peyton.

I just don't want to see all the threads and posts that Elway only succeeded with Manning, similari to the bone heads that try to discredit Shanahan because he had Elway as his QB.

Yeah, you could tell he was really behind drafting Miller (not that others werent). The way he described the tape of Miller made it obvious that he was big on Miller. Dareus is a nice player, but I think Miller makes a bigger impact in today's NFL. Miller is the more dynamic player, which is what Elway was describing when watching his tape. You should get a great player at #2, but it's been screwed up many times by many with more experience.

But I think Broderick Bunkley is, perhaps, the greatest example of how adeptly Elway has handled himself. He brings in Bunkley. At the time, a lot of people thought he was just another big body. But then Bunkley made Elway look good by doing really well. In that situations, GMs typically fall in love with the guy because they feel like that player validated how smart they are. A lot of GMs would then throw a lot of money at that player. Did Elway? No. He let Bunkley walk. Have the Broncos missed Bunkley? He's a nice player but the team has done fine without him. It would have been so easy for Elway to throw a bunch of money at Bunkley--it happens to a lot of GMs. But he avoided this trap.

Tombstone RJ
01-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Yeah, you could tell he was really behind drafting Miller (not that others werent). The way he described the tape of Miller made it obvious that he was big on Miller. Dareus is a nice player, but I think Miller makes a bigger impact in today's NFL. Miller is the more dynamic player, which is what Elway was describing when watching his tape. You should get a great player at #2, but it's been screwed up many times by many with more experience.

But I think Broderick Bunkley is, perhaps, the greatest example of how adeptly Elway has handled himself. He brings in Bunkley. At the time, a lot of people thought he was just another big body. But then Bunkley made Elway look good by doing really well. In that situations, GMs typically fall in love with the guy because they feel like that player validated how smart they are. A lot of GMs would then throw a lot of money at that player. Did Elway? No. He let Bunkley walk. Have the Broncos missed Bunkley? He's a nice player but the team has done fine without him. It would have been so easy for Elway to throw a bunch of money at Bunkley--it happens to a lot of GMs. But he avoided this trap.

Excellent point about Bunkley. It was a win-win for both the Broncos and Bunkley. Bunkley played above expectations and helped the Broncos get to the post season and win a playoff game, and in turn Bunkley hit the FA market looking good for another big contract. He got mo-money from the Saints, so be it. Elway was willing to let Bunkley walk knowing he was replaceable.

Bronco Rob
01-06-2013, 11:06 AM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Lt2_C9wLNjU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Whoever uploaded that should be canonized.

Bacchus
01-06-2013, 11:17 AM

That is greatness.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Whoever uploaded that should be canonized.

I love that video. I think for a while TJ had it at the top of the discussion page. I've played that video 10-20 times and I still LOL.

lonestar
01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
It was stupider (or should that be "more stupid" for grammatical correctness?) to fire Marty and hire Norv... to date, they've never returned to 14-2 and were hovering in the 7-9 win range 4 of Norv's six seasons. They only went deeper in the playoffs (than the Divisional game that was Marty's last as their HC) one time and still fell short of a SB appearance; much less a win.

As for Marty's teams ever winning any playoff games... seeing as how it was in the AFCCG that John sent Marty's Browns home in January of '87 and '88, well... you don't get to play in the AFCCG without winning in the Divisional round of the playoffs, right? Anyway, I count 5 playoff wins for Marty's teams, including the most recent playoff game the Chefs ever won on January 16, 1993.

I don't care how much an owner has bought into a very young, unproven HC's scheme... he has to rethink things and begin to suspect that said unproven HC might not be the answer after all... if the team slides to its lowest win total since 1971 (1982 wasn't a full season). After the 6-game winning streak to start the '09 season, something bad must have happened during the bye... 'cause the team proceeded to go on 4 separate 4-game losing streaks in the remainder of his tenure. I don't care how you spin it, Lonestar... 28 games coached... with a win/loss total of 9 - 17 (subtracting Studesville's 1-3 record) does not earn another season in which to continue down what had obviously become a downhill spiral. The only responsible thing Bowlen could do at that point was to take the team out of free-fall and try to salvage as much as he could while there was still something left to save. You can't realistically think there was any chance that Bowlen would have decided vying for "worst team in the league rather than merely the runner-up" and #1 overall in the 2012 draft was a viable option. Even if it would have netted us Luck.
While I understand your point.

Pat also has to look at the talent the Josh. Has brought in and wither believes that talent will come around soon or not. And if he brings in another HC will he start over also.

Pat has seen enough if the CLE, STL, OAK and CIN debacles to know sometimes you just have to stick with the guy you liked. Itnisnnot like he did not have the pick of the litter when he chose Josh.

IMO had it not been for the spy gate I think he would have gotten another year. At worst he would have hired a qualified GM and maybe even John to bring the fans back knowing there was a star holding the team together.

Perhaps had John said he had to go then maybe Pat/John would have pulled the plug.
No one really knows why pat choose like he did.

OrangeSe7en
01-06-2013, 11:54 AM

Pat also has to look at the talent the Josh. Has brought in and wither believes that talent will come around soon or not. And if he brings in another HC will he start over also.

Pat has seen enough if the CLE, STL, OAK and CIN debacles to know sometimes you just have to stick with the guy you liked. Itnisnnot like he did not have the pick of the litter when he chose Josh.

IMO had it not been for the spy gate I think he would have gotten another year. At worst he would have hired a qualified GM and maybe even John to bring the fans back knowing there was a star holding the team together.

Perhaps had John said he had to go then maybe Pat/John would have pulled the plug.

What's sad is that the Broncos were 4-12, and someone thinks it took spygate to do Josh in. What's even more sad, is that this might actually be right.

Anyway, there's no way in hell Elway was going to endorse McDaniels.

lonestar
01-06-2013, 12:46 PM

I don't care how much an owner has bought into a very young, unproven HC's scheme... he has to rethink things and beginin to suspect that said unproven HC might not be the answer after all... if the team slides to its lowest win total since 1971 (1982 wasn't a full season). After the 6-game winning streak to start the '09 season, something bad must have happened during the bye... 'cause the team proceeded to go on 4 separate 4-game losing streaks in the remainder of his tenure. I don't care how you spin it, Lonestar... 28 games coached... with a win/loss total of 9 - 17 (subtracting Studesville's 1-3 record) does not earn another season in which to continue down what had obviously become a downhill spiral. The only responsible thing Bowlen could do at that point was to take the team out of free-fall and try to salvage as much as he could while there was still something left to save. You can't realistically think there was any chance that Bowlen would have decided vying for "worst team in the league rather than merely the runner-up" and #1 overall in the 2012 draft was a viable option. Even if it would have netted us Luck.

lonestar
01-06-2013, 12:50 PM
What's sad is that the Broncos were 4-12, and someone thinks it took spygate to do Josh in. What's even more sad, is that this might actually be right.

Anyway, there's no way in hell Elway was going to endorse McDaniels.

You know this because you have talked to John?

You have no idea what he what do if Josh knew he was in total charge of anything but game day prep and game say calls. Do you?

OrangeSe7en
01-06-2013, 01:00 PM
You know this because you have talked to John?

Wow, you're not much of a thinker.

Elway has already said that he would have never traded Cutler. Not only that but the coache he hired to replace Joshy was the total opposite of Joshy. And then there's the matter of his comments in the article posted in the OP.

You have no idea what he what do if Josh knew he was in total charge of anything but game day prep and game say calls. Do you?

No, I'm quite confident that I do have some idea.

CEH
01-06-2013, 01:04 PM
If you don't think Elway had Bowlen's ear before he was even hired you weren't paying attention

Elway hates everything McD

I sure Elway told Bowlen to fire the prick before the season ended. They had a handshake agreement for a while before Elway actually took over

It's pretty much common knowledge here around town

lonestar
01-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Wow, you're not much of a thinker.

Elway has already said that he would have never traded Cutler. Not only that but the coache he hired to replace Joshy was the total opposite of Joshy. And then there's the matter of his comments in the article posted in the OP.

No, I'm quite confident that I do have some idea.

Joshy that the best you got.

What the comment was about cutlet was at best would have been just a part of the decision making process.

John is smart enough to know that changing coaching anD schemes. Like underwear causes just that more confusion and time to get there. (Promised land). Any way it is academic. John never had the chance to make the decision.

OrangeSe7en
01-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Joshy that the best you got.

What the comment was about cutlet was at best would have been just a part of the decision making process.

John is smart enough to know that changing coaching anD schemes. Like underwear causes just that more confusion and time to get there. (Promised land). Any way it is academic. John never had the chance to make the decision.

Weak. Wow, that was unbelievably lame. Most of that made no sense.

lonestar
01-06-2013, 01:16 PM
If you don't think Elway had Bowlen's ear before he was even hired you weren't paying attention

Elway hates everything McD

I sure Elway told Bowlen to fire the prick before the season ended. They had a handshake agreement for a while before Elway actually took over

It's pretty much common knowledge here around town

Since I do not live in town hard for me to know that.

Requiem
01-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Someone has a mouth full of McDaniels. Gurgle, gurgle, daft doodle.

CEH
01-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Since I do not live in town hard for me to know that.

You don't need to live here. Just be informed like the fact Bowlen and Elway had dinner together at Elways' the day McD was fired. There were clues the whole month of Dec 2010