PDA

View Full Version : Andy Reid to be next chiefs coach

tsiguy96
01-03-2013, 11:02 AM
. @MortReport and @AdamSchefter reporting Chiefs on verge of a deal with Andy Reid to be their next head coach.

hes a proven, qualified guy, so it cant be GOOD for us, but at same time i would take fox and manning over him and whoever, every day of the week.

RhymesayersDU
01-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Andy Reid is the new Norv Turner.

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 11:07 AM
He's a good coach. The problem with him is his disdain for running the football. He has a very talented RB. If he can get over that and get a decent defensive coordinator, they can be competitive.

Let's hope they draft Geno Smith and are sucking for four years.

TheReverend
01-03-2013, 11:08 AM
I don't like this one bit.

:/

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 11:11 AM
I don't like this one bit.

:/

Well, consider a couple things.

1. They still don't have a QB.

2. There are none in the draft.

3. He hates running the ball.

4. They're still the Chiefs.

5. After Herm, Haley and Fat Albert, they were due someone decent.

I actually think Reid looks like Chiefs fan. He's fat and probably likes BBQ.

Mogulseeker
01-03-2013, 11:13 AM

He's a Mormon.

OBF1
01-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Serious Rev, What is not to like about it??? The past 2 years with the "Dream Team" he was unable to motivate, get the best out of his players, win in the playoffs and pretty much sink the once proud franchise to KC like status... Now it makes sense to me, What could they expect from Andy when the team is already below toilet bowl level.

I am glad he landed in KC, a great day for Bronco fans everywhere.

FearLanier
01-03-2013, 11:15 AM

Saying there is no QB in this draft is like saying Brock Osweiler is going to pan out. It's simply an unknown.

If Reid drafts a QB, I support it. He's deserved that recognition over the years. The biggest thing you want out of a QB in the West Coast Offense is accuracy and that is Geno's strength.

huh??
01-03-2013, 11:16 AM

I wonder if that is a major incentive for him to go to KC. It is pretty hard to turn down good BBQ.

Mogulseeker
01-03-2013, 11:17 AM
He also took the Eagles to like 5 straight NFC Championships, including a Super Bowl.... and 9 playoff appearances in a span of 11 years.

Right now, I bet the Chiefs 3-year goal is to win a playoff game, since it's been so long, and Reid should be able to accomplish that.

Mogulseeker
01-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Honestly I was hoping he wouldn't have received any offers, so he could take over for McCoy, when McCoy leaves.

bowtown
01-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Do they get to opt out of the Rooney Rule because they fired a black HC?

Beantown Bronco
01-03-2013, 11:27 AM

It's a loophole. They're trying to count Crennel's exit interview as the required interview with a minority. :)

DENVERDUI55
01-03-2013, 11:28 AM

All these teams should fly in snoop dog to fullfill the BS rule.

bronco militia
01-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Chiefs mum on Reid status

Posted by Mike Florio on January 3, 2013, 2:03 PM EST

AP
If the Chiefs are indeed close to hiring coach Andy Reid, the Chiefs currently are saying nothing.

Reached for comment regarding reports that Reid will soon be hired as coach of Chiefs, the Chiefs had no comment.

Reid reportedly has scrapped plans to interview in San Diego and Arizona. The good news, then, is that we finally have an answer as to whether Reid will interview with the Cardinals on Wednesday or on Thursday.

Given Tuesday night’s “Reid is 95-percent certain to be the next coach of the Cardinals” fiasco , we won’t believe Reid is the next coach of the Chiefs until the Chiefs announce it. Actually, in this current hiring cycle, we’re not inclined to believe anything until it actually happens.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/03/chiefs-mum-on-reid-status/

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 11:29 AM
He's a Mormon.

Nobody's perfect! ;)

DBroncos4life
01-03-2013, 11:29 AM
I want to see who his DC is.

Bacchus
01-03-2013, 11:30 AM
He has been burned out for years.

24champ
01-03-2013, 11:33 AM
I thought he was going to the Cardinals, "sources" said it was 95% done.

Source was probably Nick "Deal is done!" Athan.

yerner
01-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Eh, still don't have a quarterback.

Crushaholic
01-03-2013, 11:35 AM
They needed somebody to be able to fit Romeo's old KC gear. They consider that as cost-saving measures...

TonyR
The problem with him is his disdain for running the football. He has a very talented RB. If he can get over that and get a decent defensive coordinator, they can be competitive.

I don't think he ever will. I've lived in the Phila media market for his whole tenure with the Eagles. Fans and talk radio pundits have been blasting him for this for years and he's never changed. His other long time issue has been clock management.

JLesSPE
How great would it be if Vick followed him to KC?

Kaylore
They needed somebody to be able to fit Romeo's old KC gear. They consider that as cost-saving measures...

Sadly, the clothing is still "a little baggy" on Reid.

HAT
01-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Eh, still don't have a quarterback.

watch them trade for Kolb and take Barkley top of the 2nd....

cmhargrove
01-03-2013, 11:36 AM
At least they can just take Romeo's sideline gear and give it straight to Reid. Should fit like a glove...

yerner
01-03-2013, 11:38 AM
watch them trade for Kolb and take Barkley top of the 2nd....

Like I said, still don't have a quarterback.

TheReverend
01-03-2013, 11:40 AM

Andy Reid is one of the best QB mentors in the business. He'll find someone and they'll look respectable AT LEAST. He's a consistently good and effective Head Coach and one of the LAST guys that I wanted to land in the AFCW (Arians being the other one).

Ah well, let's hope Peyton holds up for a while and Hunt loses patience with Reid.

Drek
01-03-2013, 11:43 AM
He'll be dead by the end of training camp. Fat man + tons of great BBQ joints = massive coronary.

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 11:43 AM
He's a good coach. The problem with him is his disdain for running the football. He has a very talented RB. If he can get over that and get a decent defensive coordinator, they can be competitive.

I agree with all of this. Reid is a high caliber coach, and the Chiefs are bound to get better with Reid running the show.

However I think that if Reid proved anything in Philly it was that he can't get over the top with even a very good roster, let alone what the Chiefs have their now.

I would love them to get Gino Smith and see KC turn into Philly West.

bronco militia
01-03-2013, 11:44 AM
At least they can just take Romeo's sideline gear and give it straight to Reid. Should fit like a glove...

They should just spray paint Romeo Crennel white and save themselves some money.

south stand junkie

Taco John
01-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Reid is the modern Marty Schottenheimer. He'll come in and make the program respectable, but when the playoffs roll around, he has a hard time keeping the wheels on the wagon.

Bacchus
01-03-2013, 11:46 AM

They can't they already made circus tents out of Romeo's gear.

NFLBRONCO
01-03-2013, 11:49 AM
What's the big deal the afc west is adding a Walrus that's all. I want a solid division we don't want to be like NE every year in a pathetic division. I want to be challenged. Why does everybody want easiest route in everything.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-03-2013, 11:49 AM
LeSean McCoy had 270 carries under Reid.

FearLanier
01-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Andy Reid is one of the best QB mentors in the business. He'll find someone and they'll look respectable AT LEAST. He's a consistently good and effective Head Coach and one of the LAST guys that I wanted to land in the AFCW (Arians being the other one).

Ah well, let's hope Peyton holds up for a while and Hunt loses patience with Reid.

I guess you haven't heard that SD is going to go hard after Bruce Arians?

So both Reid and Arians would be in the AFC West. That would be awesome.

The Chiefs, Broncos and Chargers in a dogfight for the division crown while the Raiders are stuck in the cellar. Is there anything better than this?ROFL!

TheReverend
01-03-2013, 11:58 AM
I guess you haven't heard that SD is going to go hard after Bruce Arians?

One second please

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/vomit-into-the-toilet.gif

So both Reid and Arians would be in the AFC West. That would be awesome.

The Chiefs, Broncos and Chargers in a dogfight for the division crown while the Raiders are stuck in the cellar. Is there anything better than this?ROFL!

Well, we've still got Manning so "dogfight" probably isn't the word...

Rohirrim
01-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Reid is the modern Marty Schottenheimer. He'll come in and make the program respectable, but when the playoffs roll around, he has a hard time keeping the wheels on the wagon.

2004 NFC Championship game:

Reid/Eagles - 3
Fox/Panthers - 14

And that was with Jake Del Homeboy.

DENVERDUI55
01-03-2013, 12:03 PM

Very true!

TonyR
01-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Reid has made some really bad mistakes his last few years in Philly. Some bad drafting, some bad hires, and some bad FA/contract decisions. I agree he's an improvement for KC but I'm not going to crown him/them just yet.

Bronco Boy
01-03-2013, 12:05 PM
He should retire and try to repair his relationship with his kids. What a horrible father.

TonyR
01-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Reid is the modern Marty Schottenheimer.

A little bit, yes. He has a 1-4 record in NFC Championship games, losing two of those as a home favorite.

A lot of people out here think he was carried by Jim Johnson's defenses, and when Johnson passed things went south. Probably at least a little something to that. Also notable that Reid used to employ a lot of really good assistants (Johnson, John Harbaugh, Brad Childress, Pat Shurmur, Ron Rivera, Steve Spagnuolo, etc.) but more recently has made what appear to be some massive misjudgements in that area (Jim Washburn, Howard Mudd, Juan Castillo as DC, etc.).

FearLanier
01-03-2013, 12:25 PM
While Reid has a warm relationship with Pioli, sources said it is highly unlikely that the former Eagles coach will build his front office with the Chiefs GM on board if the deal gets done with Hunt. The same sources insist Reid did not demand that former Browns GM Tom Heckert had to be a package deal as the team's future general manager because he still wants to gauge whether John Dorsey, the Packers director of operations, would consider the position of GM, the sources added.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_...-chiefs-sources

Wow John Dorsey is one of the top GM candidates. This would be EPIC if we got him.

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 12:27 PM
He should retire and try to repair his relationship with his kids. What a horrible father.

I always wondered that. His kids are all sorts of screwed up and it never sounds like he ever considered taking time to try to help get them on the right track.

Bronco Boy
01-03-2013, 12:32 PM
I always wondered that. His kids are all sorts of screwed up and it never sounds like he ever considered taking time to try to help get them on the right track.

Yeah it's kind of amazing. I can see going wrong with one kid, even the best father can have that happen. But after that, to keep working and not take action, even when one of your children dies arguably due to your neglect, is pretty despicable.

cutthemdown
01-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Andy Ried is a good coach but not like he is some savior for them IMO. This isn't really a worry to me at all. Chiefs are the Munsons of the NFL.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Didn't he have a dream team not too long ago

Personally I'm a little relieved they went with Reid. More old school out of date run heavy ideology, with QB not being a priority.

Only thing better would them bringing in Alex Smith. One big mediocre BBQ

cutthemdown
01-03-2013, 12:38 PM
While Reid has a warm relationship with Pioli, sources said it is highly unlikely that the former Eagles coach will build his front office with the Chiefs GM on board if the deal gets done with Hunt. The same sources insist Reid did not demand that former Browns GM Tom Heckert had to be a package deal as the team's future general manager because he still wants to gauge whether John Dorsey, the Packers director of operations, would consider the position of GM, the sources added.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_...-chiefs-sources

Wow John Dorsey is one of the top GM candidates. This would be EPIC if we got him.

Ahh its about the best time of the year for Queefs again. The offseason where you can forget what a bunch of losers the Chiefs always are.

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Didn't he have a dream team not too long ago

Personally I'm a little relieved they went with Reid. More old school out of date run heavy ideology, with QB not being a priority.
Only thing better would them bringing in Alex Smith. One big mediocre BBQ

You have never seen a single Eagles game, have you?

TheReverend
01-03-2013, 12:44 PM

Opposite day, maybe?

Requiem
01-03-2013, 12:44 PM
He'll be dead by the end of training camp. Fat man + tons of great BBQ joints = massive coronary.

He has gotten larger than life.

Crushaholic
01-03-2013, 12:45 PM
If I were Jamaal Charles, I would think about leaving KC. Philadelphia has always been pass-heavy. Charles' talent would continue to be ignored, in Kansas City...

SleepingTiger
01-03-2013, 12:46 PM
i think Reid should of taken a few years off to re-access himself as a coach like Shanahan.

lonestar
01-03-2013, 12:47 PM

Andy's issue was losing Jim Johnson a few years ago as hid DC and the distraction of his sons issues with drugs and finally his death.

He is one hell of a coach, with the talent they already have and the prospect of picking up almost five guys in the top 100 players. A year or two some of those kids could be damned fine players.

Now what does he do about getting a QB? Probably someone worth getting in UFA.

I did not want him and his NFC power game in the AFCW.

cutthemdown
01-03-2013, 12:50 PM
If I were Jamaal Charles, I would think about leaving KC. Philadelphia has always been pass-heavy. Charles' talent would continue to be ignored, in Kansas City...

You kidding he fits a Reid offense perfect and is probably the reason Rieds wants to go there. Brian Westbrook, Lesean McCoy have both put up nice numbers in a Ried offense.

cutthemdown
01-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Andy's issue was losing Jim Jomes a few years ago as hid DC and the distraction of his sons issues with drugs and finally his death.

He is one hell of a coach, with the talent they already have and the prospect of picking up almost five guys in the top 100 players. A year or two some of those kids could be damned fine players.

Now what does he do about getting a QB? Probably someone worth getting in UFA.

I did not want him and his NFC power game in the AFCW.

He could bring in McNabb or Vick. :)

EmpireOrange
01-03-2013, 12:51 PM
KC is a place where coaches go to die.

gunns
01-03-2013, 12:52 PM

What are you talking about???

EmpireOrange
01-03-2013, 12:53 PM
You kidding he fits a Reid offense perfect and is probably the reason Rieds wants to go there. Brian Westbrook, Lesean McCoy have both put up nice numbers in a Ried offense.

You can't even spell Reid, what the f**k do you know?

TonyR
01-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Andy's issue was losing Jim Jomes a few years ago...

Jim Johnson. See my previous post on this subject earlier in the thread.

01-03-2013, 12:59 PM

24champ
01-03-2013, 01:00 PM
KC is a place where coaches go to die.

Six Head Coaches since 1998. ROFL!

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 01:05 PM

Woah, woah, woah! You guys are in a dogfight with us for the division crown now? And the Chargers are too?

Find a QB first and then maybe you can split with us. We swept the division and you guys are picking first this year. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 01:06 PM

I was under the impression Reid runs a west coast system. Can't have a west coast offense without a run game. Maybe I over stressed the word run by using "heavy"

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 01:08 PM
I was under the impression Reid runs a west coast system. Can't have a west coast offense without a run game

LOL Oh my goodness. You really don't know anything about Andy Reid, do you?

Let's just say this very issue may have come up a few times with Reid...

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 01:10 PM
LOL Oh my goodness. You really don't know anything about Andy Reid, do you?

Let's just this very issue may have come up a few times with Reid...

So you're saying Reid never used a west coast system?

lonestar
01-03-2013, 01:11 PM
He could bring in McNabb or Vick. :)

Mc nabb seen better days and and Vicks contract and fragility probably rules him out.

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 01:12 PM
So you're saying Reid never used a west coast system?

Go ask a Philly fan the one thing they think Reid didn't do enough of as playcaller.

lonestar
01-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Woah, woah, woah! You guys are in a dogfight with us for the division crown now? And the Chargers are too?

Find a QB first and then maybe you can split with us. We swept the division and you guys are picking first this year. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Think the term is "do not let your big mouth overload your hummingbird a ss".

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Go ask a Philly fan the one thing they think Reid didn't do enough of as playcaller.

With the lead or from behind? I don't know too much about his playcalling. Maybe his west coast offense doesn't work cause he doesn't run. I was under the impression that Philly had some great production in the run game with Westbrook and now McCoy

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Is there any confirmation other than fear, bob, radio hosts and twitter insiders that he's actually going to the chiefs? Cause I'm still hearing he's got meetings with AZ and chargers

TheReverend
01-03-2013, 01:20 PM
With the lead or from behind? I don't know too much about his playcalling. Maybe his west coast offense doesn't work cause he doesn't run. I was under the impression that Philly had some great production in the run game with Westbrook and now McCoy

Andy Reid has like a 90:10 pass to run ratio

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 01:25 PM

Exactly! And DB, as a passing coordinator he is actually pretty progressive and forward thinking. His route concepts have the nuance of a New England passing game without the insane weirdness of a Mike Martz system. He's also, consequently, a pretty good QB coach.

He is horrible at running the ball - even in situations where he absolutely needs to. He bristles when questioned about it arguing (literally) that some of his pass concepts are "an extension of the running game" which probably is a reference to some of the screens he runs. However he never lines up and just pounds it - especially (and frustratingly to the Eagle fans) in short yardage, at the goal line and on third and short. And even if to that point his RB's are averaging 4.5+ per play.

The dude hates running the ball. I think a runnig back may have got his sons into drugs - maybe Jamaal Lewis.

outdoor_miner
01-03-2013, 01:27 PM

Drunken.Broncoholic... Google things like "Andy Reid hates to run the ball", and you'll get all sorts of hits. Here's an example:

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/631234-why-does-andy-reid-hate-running-the-football/

lonestar
01-03-2013, 01:28 PM
A little bit, yes. He has a 1-4 record in NFC Championship games, losing two of those as a home favorite.

A lot of people out here think he was carried by Jim Johnson's defenses, and when Johnson passed things went south. Probably at least a little something to that. Also notable that Reid used to employ a lot of really good assistants (Johnson, John Harbaugh, Brad Childress, Pat Shurmur, Ron Rivera, Steve Spagnuolo, etc.) but more recently has made what appear to be some massive misjudgements in that area (Jim Washburn, Howard Mudd, Juan Castillo as DC, etc.).

Had not seen this post thanks for the correction Jim Johnson was one of the best in the GAME as a dc a guy that like dick juaron, wade Phillips and a few other guys that were great DCs and dabbled as a HC and went back to doing what they do best DC..

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 01:32 PM
Exactly! And DB, as a passing coordinator he is actually pretty progressive and forward thinking. His route concepts have the nuance of a New England passing game without the insane weirdness of a Mike Martz system. He's also, consequently, a pretty good QB coach.

He is horrible at running the ball - even in situations where he absolutely needs to. He bristles when questioned about it arguing (literally) that some of his pass concepts are "an extension of the running game" which probably is a reference to some of the screens he runs. However he never lines up and just pounds it - especially (and frustratingly to the Eagle fans) in short yardage, at the goal line and on third and short. And even if to that point his RB's are averaging 4.5+ per play.

The dude hates running the ball. I think a runnig back may have got his sons into drugs - maybe Jamaal Lewis.

So bad news for Charles then. They were 19th in total rushing plays. And considering they were losing in alot of games that number seems high if he hates running.

TonyR
01-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Is there any confirmation other than fear, bob, radio hosts and twitter insiders that he's actually going to the chiefs? Cause I'm still hearing he's got meetings with AZ and chargers

Other meetings are cancelled.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000121583/article/andy-reid-nearing-deal-to-coach-kansas-city-chiefs

UberBroncoMan
01-03-2013, 01:39 PM
I'm just curious why the **** he's in such a big rush to get hired by the Chiefs ASAP when the Chargers are an infinitely better opportunity (and wanted to interview him). Even the Cardinals are a solid choice once OL/QB are fixed. They have a great defense...and who the **** wants to live in KC over SD/Scottsdale.

I'm curious what the **** is going through his mind right now to rush into the first team that interviews him.

Mogulseeker
01-03-2013, 02:00 PM

LOL, since when is a 2-14 in a "dogfight" with a 13-3 team?

The Chargers are a mess, too.

I'm loving the AFCW right now.

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 02:15 PM
I'm just curious why the **** he's in such a big rush to get hired by the Chiefs ASAP when the Chargers are an infinitely better opportunity (and wanted to interview him). Even the Cardinals are a solid choice once OL/QB are fixed. They have a great defense...and who the **** wants to live in KC over SD/Scottsdale.

I'm curious what the **** is going through his mind right now to rush into the first team that interviews him.

I think in San Diego he would have to report to Son-of-Spanos. In Arizona he would have a GM. Apparently the Chiefs are going to let him pick his own GM. I think this could be really stupid. I don't believe the "coach is a GM and a head coach" model will work.

peacepipe
01-03-2013, 02:16 PM
This sucks. Anyone remember when he took the eagles job? The eagles were a 3 win team,2yrs later they were a perennial playoff team.

2KBack
01-03-2013, 02:19 PM
I think in San Diego he would have to report to Son-of-Spanos. In Arizona he would have a GM. Apparently the Chiefs are going to let him pick his own GM. I think this could be really stupid. I don't believe the "coach is a GM and a head coach" model will work.

The ultimate power HC rarely works. We had to get burned twice to learn that lesson. A balanced power structure is the way to go.

FearLanier
01-03-2013, 02:20 PM

Reid won't be the GM, but he will have final say which is what entices him. Tom Heckert would be the GM and do all of the scouting.

I actually like the work Heckert has done in Cleveland. Phil Taylor, Jabaal Sheard, Joe Haden and TJ Ward were good draft picks.

Oh and before we jump the gun on Weeden, that pick was entirely Holmgren. He even said as much to the media after he was fired.

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Reid won't be the GM, but he will have final say which is what entices him. Tom Heckert would be the GM and do all of the scouting.

Reid is the GM. Coaches pick players emotionally. Holmgren is a great example. Coaches take crappy players and believe they can be coached up. He picked his coach and then felt the QB he chose could be coached up.

Sorry FL. I think Reid is a good coach and I think he will definitely make you guys more competitive. However if he has final say, I don't think your team will ever get above pretty decent. Especially if he takes someone like Geno Smith with the first pick believing he can "make him" work.

Old Dude
01-03-2013, 02:28 PM
LOL, since when is a 2-14 in a "dogfight" with a 13-3 team?

Maybe they're counting on Vick, but I think he's still on parole for dogfighting.

2KBack
01-03-2013, 02:31 PM
This sucks. Anyone remember when he took the eagles job? The eagles were a 3 win team,2yrs later they were a perennial playoff team.

Take a look at the staff that was on those teams, and it tells a strong story.

Steve Spagnuolo
Pat Shurmur
Ron Rivera
Marty Mornhinweg
Dick Jauron
John Harbaugh
Leslie Frazier
Brad Childress

We will have to see if he gathers talented coaches like that

FearLanier
01-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Reid is the GM. Coaches pick players emotionally. Holmgren is a great example. Coaches take crappy players and believe they can be coached up. He picked his coach and then felt the QB he chose could be coached up.

Sorry FL. I think Reid is a good coach and I think he will definitely make you guys more competitive. However if he has final say, I don't think your team will ever get above pretty decent. Especially if he takes someone like Geno Smith with the first pick believing he can "make him" work.

I trust Andy Reid's opinion on QB's more than most coaches in the league. That's partially why I'm so excited we got him. He took a far lesser talented QB in Kolb who was in the same system Geno was in in college and made him look very good. Good enough for a team to fork over a DRC and a draft pick.

I trust Reid's decision. He's earned that right afterall.

Reid is rumored to already have a lot of his staff in place. That staff includes both Pat Shurmur and Brad Childress. Idk what QB Mr. Reid will pick, but I do know this: that QB is coming into a great situation with solid surrounding talent and very good coaching.

We'll see though. Should be a fun ride.

Bronco Boy
01-03-2013, 02:49 PM
I trust Andy Reid's opinion on QB's more than most coaches in the league. That's partially why I'm so excited we got him. He took a far lesser talented QB in Kolb who was in the same system Geno was in in college and made him look very good. Good enough for a team to fork over a DRC and a draft pick.

I trust Reid's decision. He's earned that right afterall.

Reid is rumored to already have a lot of his staff in place. That staff includes both Pat Shurmur and Brad Childress. Idk what QB Mr. Reid will pick, but I do know this: that QB is coming into a great situation with solid surrounding talent and very good coaching.

We'll see though. Should be a fun ride.

You think the ride will be fun? You are so naive.

Kaylore
01-03-2013, 02:54 PM
This is one of the things that bugs me. If a team fails at something, they assume something is wrong with the model, not the person. The Chiefs are going away from a GM because the last one sucked. That's like dating a crazy woman and deciding that you want to try homosexuality because the last one was crazy so "women are the problem."

The GM model works. The coach with all power model does not. I do think more coaches should have more input and their opinions should be seriously considered, but the GM is there to make big picture decisions and remove the emotional attachment coaches frequently show. Just because KC had a crappy GM, that doesn't mean "GM's suck."

peacepipe
01-03-2013, 03:06 PM

Steve Spagnuolo
Pat Shurmur
Ron Rivera
Marty Mornhinweg
Dick Jauron
John Harbaugh
Leslie Frazier
Brad Childress

I heard pat shurmur is already on board & Reid is not going to have any trouble putting a good staff together.

maher_tyler
01-03-2013, 03:08 PM

I thought for sure he'd take a year off after everything that has happened the past two years. Hopefully he continues to neglect the run in KC like he did in Philly.

NFLBRONCO
01-03-2013, 03:13 PM
McNabb

lookin' glass
01-03-2013, 03:16 PM

Steve Spagnuolo
Pat Shurmur
Ron Rivera
Marty Mornhinweg
Dick Jauron
John Harbaugh
Leslie Frazier
Brad Childress

I think Jim Johnson was the biggest name he had under him. Those defenses were very good and allowed the offense a lot of room to work. After Johnson passed the offense had to pick up more of the slack and they weren't up to the task.

ludo21
01-03-2013, 03:24 PM
:giggle:McNabb

i have heard the same rumors about this.

he never officially turned in his resignation papers.....

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Drunken.Broncoholic... Google things like "Andy Reid hates to run the ball", and you'll get all sorts of hits. Here's an example:

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/631234-why-does-andy-reid-hate-running-the-football/

Ya I've gone through a few sites. Back in 09( far back as i went) they were toward the bottom of the league in rushing attempts. But last few years they were middle of the pack. Got as high as 12th I believe.

He better get used to running with Charles being their only threat.

elsid13
01-03-2013, 03:25 PM
It would be interesting pick for KC.

As for Charles I don't think it going to as big a problem as some are making it out to be, he was never a 30 carry back. This year he average about 16 rushes a game which is comparable to McCoy average rushing attempt with the Eagles.

The other thing that going to interesting is the KC transition back to 4-3 defense, because that what Reid's team run. Lots of players are going to out of position again.

Br0nc0Buster
01-03-2013, 03:28 PM
He should make them competitive
But I agree with Kaylore that the whole Head coach also being the GM is not the way for building an elite team

Rumors are he likes the KC job because they are willing to give him personnel power
Supposedly he would bring Heckert in as GM, but in reality it makes it look like Reid would be the de facto GM

Interesting move though

Tombstone RJ
01-03-2013, 03:30 PM

two reasons IMHO: one, Reid wants full controll over personnel decisions and Hunt will give him that. Combine Reid with a good GM who can offer Reid some perspective on drafting players and I think it's a dangerous combo to have in KC.

secondly, Reid will answer directly to Hunt, that's what Hunt wants. Basically Hunt is a hands off guy and he just wants a solid HC to run things for him.

I agree Reid should take a year off and recoup ala Shanny, but he's a workaholic and IMHO this is part of the reason for the tragedies in his family. JMHO of course.

Lestat
01-03-2013, 03:40 PM
this is all about Reid wanting front office power as well as being the HC.
having say in the GM hire is basically the same as having final say.

Play2win
01-03-2013, 04:02 PM
I also though Reid should have taken a year off. But, if that wasn't going to be the case, I really though Arizona would be a good fit.

jerseyboiler120
01-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Could ultimately help boost the AFCW back to its rightful position as one of the best if not the best division in football. Its been a long time since those days. I miss them.

FearLanier
01-03-2013, 04:15 PM
AFC South 239-209
NFC East 237-210-1
AFC East 233-215
AFC North 232-215-1
NFC South 232-216
NFC North 226-222
AFC West 203-235
NFC West 190-256-2

That's the NFL's divisional records since 2006, so it's easy to see that the NFC East is the most competitive in the conference. Add that the Giants have been to 2 SB's in that span and you can say that it makes it the toughest of all.

In that time, Reid has been to the playoffs 4 different years and went on to an NFC Championship game.

FearLanier
01-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Chris Wesseling@ChrisWesseling
NFL Network's @michaelombardi reports #Panthers coach Ron Rivera is expected to be fired on Monday.

Rivera was Reid's LB coach and they apparently have a good relationship. Getting Rivera would be an awesome pickup for us.

Lestat
01-03-2013, 04:42 PM
why wait that late to fire him though? starts your process extremely late. unless you were waiting on a certain coach to get canned and now that he was you want to go after him.
if i'm McCoy or Smith my ass is on the next thing smoking to Carolina.

DBroncos4life
01-03-2013, 04:50 PM
I can see Reid sitting around blowing his conch trying to get the dream staff back together back in KFC.

2KBack
01-03-2013, 05:11 PM
I think Jim Johnson was the biggest name he had under him. Those defenses were very good and allowed the offense a lot of room to work. After Johnson passed the offense had to pick up more of the slack and they weren't up to the task.

Very good point. Jim Johnson was a phenomenal coordinator, I loved watching his defenses. The Eagles haven't been the same without him, no matter how much talent they tried to buy.

Arkie
01-03-2013, 05:37 PM

Reid has won twice as many in two thirds the time.

Reid: 14 yrs, 19 playoff games (10-9)

Schot: 20 yrs, 18 playoff games (5-13)

2KBack
01-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Reid has won twice as many in two thirds the time.

Reid: 14 yrs, 19 playoff games (10-9)

Schot: 20 yrs, 18 playoff games (5-13)

Reid didn't have to play Elway all the time

KipCorrington25
01-03-2013, 05:46 PM

That and the NASCASR mustache.

http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/blog/images/daleearnhardtsr_3.jpg

Bacchus
01-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Reid is a fine coach, he doesn't scare me, I mean we are talking about the Kansas ****ty Chiefs, right?

Whatever happens he will have to wait until Manning is done.

Lestat
01-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Very good point. Jim Johnson was a phenomenal coordinator, I loved watching his defenses. The Eagles haven't been the same without him, no matter how much talent they tried to buy.

Johnson and LeBeau are two of the best DC's to watch ever. just a wealth of football knowledge and their team brought it every down.

gunns
01-03-2013, 05:56 PM

Rep

Bacchus
01-03-2013, 06:07 PM

He did have Tony Romo though:strong:

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-03-2013, 06:16 PM
i dont care who what the chiefs do they will always be nothing more than scrubs

BroncsCheer
01-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Yeah it's kind of amazing. I can see going wrong with one kid, even the best father can have that happen. But after that, to keep working and not take action, even when one of your children dies arguably due to your neglect, is pretty despicable.

This is hasty judgment.

Neglect? Not even close. Enablement and privilege more likely. Garett was 29. Not 10, locked in the basement and fed dog food. He was a grown up, not a child. He made the choices that cost him his life.

I don't blame his dad for still working. I don't know what all happened duing Garett's short life but you're way out on a limb calling him a horrible father when this country has plenty of examples of what real 'horrible fathers' are.

Lestat
01-03-2013, 08:29 PM
This is hasty judgment.

Neglect? Not even close. Enablement and privilege more likely. Garett was 29. Not 10, locked in the basement and fed dog food. He was a grown up, not a child. He made the choices that cost him his life.

I don't blame his dad for still working. I don't know what all happened duing Garett's short life but you're way out on a limb calling him a horrible father when this country has plenty of examples of what real 'horrible fathers' are.

it depends on the opinions of parenting as to what neglect or bad parenting is.
my dad was a little hoodlum when he was young and was always into trouble.
single parent household with a mother that worked multiple jobs to support her family.
she wasn't a bad parent but because he was always in trouble(i mean criminal trouble) the perception was that she was neglectful.

so my dad made sure he steered me and my sibling out of trouble. he overreacted a lot as i never got into trouble and still haven't to this day.
i can't even curse around my mom without her threatening to put a switch to me.

MagicHef
01-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Is the word "Reid" looking weird to anyone else?

ZONA
01-04-2013, 12:25 AM
He has been burned out for years.

After 14 years straight, this guy needed a year off. I agree, he's burned out and probably should have taken a year off. There would still be jobs open to him the following year most likely.

Bacchus
01-04-2013, 12:33 AM
After 14 years straight, this guy needed a year off. I agree, he's burned out and probably should have taken a year off. There would still be jobs open to him the following year most likely.

I was listening to some talk radio and I do not even know who it was but he said he knew Andy Reid and that he wanted Reid to take a year off and recharge his battery like Shanahan and Fisher did. He said for his health and the fact he'll be a better coach if he takes a year off. He said that some coaches always think their window might close and he wouldn't get any offers next year. He went on to say that he does not know if this is Reid's case.

Jetmeck
01-04-2013, 01:55 AM
I want to see who his DC is.

The defense will be stout enough no matter who the DC is.

Their defense did its job most of the year.

QB, wr and TE are needs.........as well someone to motivate them.

Reid sure couldn't get anything done in Philly with much better talent than he will end up with in KC.

Hunt is a cheap ass and their drafting has been atrocious.

crush17
01-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Pioli leaving Chiefs - breaking on ESPN now...

bowtown
01-04-2013, 07:15 AM
Pioli leaving Chiefs - breaking on ESPN now...

Crap.

gunns
01-04-2013, 07:20 AM
ChiefsPlanet had 8 pages in 14 minutes with this news.

Darn, darn, darn UNLESS it's because they are giving full control to Reid, thru Heckert, which we know does not work.

rideco
01-04-2013, 07:36 AM
This division is about to get much harder...

Bill Williamson ‏@espn_afcwest
#Chargers With Reid cancelling interview, head-coach focus may be on Lovie Smith and Bruce Arians with others potentially joining fray.

g6matty
01-04-2013, 07:46 AM
guys who cares.... ITS THE CHEIFS

Boogerboots
01-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Wonder if Vick would follow Big Red Jumpsuit to KFC. Think he will likely get cut loose from the Eagles as well.

crush17
01-04-2013, 08:02 AM
deal is done. Reid to Cheifs.

breaking on espn now.

Enjoy playing Manning twice a season, Walrus!

kcpasco
01-04-2013, 08:04 AM
John Dorsey could be leaving Packers to join Reid in KC

bfoflcommish
01-04-2013, 08:05 AM
I must have missed something somewhere but how did the chiefs get by the rooney rule?

TonyR
01-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Wonder if Vick would follow Big Red Jumpsuit to KFC. Think he will likely get cut loose from the Eagles as well.

I would expect that both Reid and Vick would prefer to go a different direction, and this would happen only if both couldn't find a different/better option. Reid made this mistake once, I can't see him doing it again.

Rohirrim
01-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Pioli got canned too.

Kaylore
01-04-2013, 08:10 AM
I don't think the power structure will work. That said, a fat dude that likes BBQ is the perfect coaching choice for KC.

bfoflcommish
01-04-2013, 08:15 AM
I must have missed something somewhere but how did the chiefs get by the rooney rule?

found it

According to CNSPhilly, “the Chiefs could hire Reid immediately, since they’ve fulfilled their obligations under the league’s Rooney Rule by interviewing a minority candidate, Falcons special teams coach Keith Armstrong.”

broncofever
01-04-2013, 08:18 AM
"After several productive conversations, we made the difficult decision to part ways with Scott Pioli and allow him to pursue other opportunities," Chiefs chairman and CEO Clark Hunt said in a statement. "Scott has been an invaluable member of the Chiefs family since joining us in 2009, and we sincerely appreciate his tremendous contributions over the last four years."

So now Pioli is gone too.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8812387/scott-pioli-general-manager-kansas-city-chiefs

ColoradoDarin
01-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Pioli out and Reid in? Don't know how good they are going to be but the Chiefs just upgraded.

SeedReaver
01-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Chargers pursuing Lovie and Arians... scary ****.

Kaylore
01-04-2013, 08:42 AM
You guys should go check out Chiefs planet. It's making the "brand new day" scene from the wiz look like a math lecture.

peacepipe
01-04-2013, 08:42 AM
The AFC West will be a tough division for years to come.

Irish Stout
01-04-2013, 09:00 AM
Getting rid of Pioli is so far the only thing that I see as a plus for the Chiefs. Reid really should have taken a year off, he has slowly been deteriorating in his coaching style and attitude over the years. Could not have been an easy year for him in Philly with his son's death and everything.

I will be interested to see if Reid goes the same way as Herm, Todd and Romeo. Since Schottenheimer left in 98 the Chiefs haven't kept a head coach for more than 4 years. Not even Vermeil got to push on for a 5th year and he's the last coach there with a winning record since Schottenheimer.

Also - I think it would be really funny to see them bring Vick in. Personally I think the guy is about washed up in the NFL. I could absolutely be proved wrong on that... but I just don't see him having much more success moving forward with any team. Unless of course its the Vick-Tebow backfield combo.

Requiem
01-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Reid isn't in the right state of mind to be an effective head coach. Chiefs won't win more than 20 games the next three years.

Lestat
01-04-2013, 09:10 AM
dammit! i wanted them to keep Pioli. it ensured they would suck no matter the coach.

Kaylore
01-04-2013, 09:12 AM

We'll see. People said the same thing when Pioli was hired.

peacepipe
01-04-2013, 09:24 AM
We'll see. People said the same thing when Pioli was hired.

True, and this is just my opinion, but with this hire & with the possibility that arians goes to the chargers it would be a big upgrade.

Kaylore
01-04-2013, 09:29 AM
True, and this is just my opinion, but with this hire & with the possibility that arians goes to the chargers it would be a big upgrade.

Reid is a huge upgrade, but he may end up Shanahaning himself into mediocrity. We'll see. I don't believe in coach GM's. You look and even good coaches who just become GM's, like Parcells or Levy, don't do so well. The ones that try to wear both hats really struggle like Holmgren and Shanahan.

I don't believe it will work.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-04-2013, 09:30 AM
and we are supposed to care about the chefs why ?

Tombstone RJ
01-04-2013, 09:34 AM
If Reid gets legit GM help for player personnel this could be a very good situation for kc. IMHO Hunt doesn't want to win the SB necessarily, he just wants stability in the front office and a guy who will do everything for Hunt, and Hunt only has to talk to Reid if there's a problem. I think Hunt will be ok with Reid as long as kc is competitive, and "competitive" has different meanings for different franchises.

DENVERDUI55
01-04-2013, 09:44 AM

They interviewed Jason Whitlock.

Lestat
01-04-2013, 10:00 AM
If Reid gets legit GM help for player personnel this could be a very good situation for kc. IMHO Hunt doesn't want to win the SB necessarily, he just wants stability in the front office and a guy who will do everything for Hunt, and Hunt only has to talk to Reid if there's a problem. I think Hunt will be ok with Reid as long as kc is competitive, and "competitive" has different meanings for different franchises.

i just find it funny that one of the top two candidates for the GM job is a guy in Heckert who left Philly to get away from Reid and have full GM powers only to potentially now be in the same situation with Reid in KC.

Tombstone RJ
01-04-2013, 10:07 AM
i just find it funny that one of the top two candidates for the GM job is a guy in Heckert who left Philly to get away from Reid and have full GM powers only to potentially now be in the same situation with Reid in KC.

IIRC when Heckert was in Philly they drafted well but once Heckert left things changed for the worse. I really hope that Reid hires some yes man to be his GM and not a guy who will actually listen to the scouts and have a good impact on the draft. Ultimately Reid will have final say on player personnel and hopefully this will erode the talent and keep kc in the celler.

Cito Pelon
01-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Seems like a pretty good move for KC, but only time will tell. Seems like Reid can at least get them more competitive. An HC having final personnel decisions has worked OK in quite a few situations, it worked for Reid in PHI, correct? Not to the tune of Rings, but a lot of wins. Same with Shanny, Holmgren, Belichik, but there was a few Rings in that group.

bronco militia
01-04-2013, 10:25 AM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.415621.1314521433!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/alg-desean-jackson-celebrates-jpg.jpg

Drunk Monkey
01-04-2013, 10:35 AM
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/007/cache/walrus_747_600x450.jpg

Drunk Monkey
01-04-2013, 10:39 AM
http:////24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbajd7TX6v1ra90n2o1_500.jpg

Rohirrim
01-04-2013, 10:53 AM
I am the Eggman.

bowtown
01-04-2013, 10:58 AM
He should trade for Cutler.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhejgqJVFT1qzkiaoo1_400.jpg

FearLanier
01-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Massive upgrade for the Chiefs. Reid is just barely outside of the top 10 coaches for all-time for playoff wins.

Reid is about the surest coach we could have gotten.

Not worried about the power structure either. A GM, whether it's Heckert or Dorsey, will be working with Reid and they will have a mutual agreement on who to bring in, like any other GM/HC relationship.

This was a fantastic news.

Bravo Clark Hunt, bravo.

crush17
01-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Massive upgrade for the Chiefs. Reid is just barely outside of the top 10 coaches for all-time for playoff wins.

Reid is about the surest coach we could have gotten.

Not worried about the power structure either. A GM, whether it's Heckert or Dorsey, will be working with Reid and they will have a mutual agreement on who to bring in, like any other GM/HC relationship.

This was a fantastic news.

Bravo Clark Hunt, bravo.

The Chief's personnel doesn't match anything that any of Andy Reid's team's ever looked like.

They have a long way to go, so let's not all start sucking each others d!cks just yet...

Rohirrim
01-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Massive upgrade for the Chiefs.

Where have I heard that before?

Oh. That's right. I hear it every year. :wave:

Rocket 7
01-04-2013, 11:12 AM
You guys should go check out Chiefs planet. It's making the "brand new day" scene from the wiz look like a math lecture.

They mentioned you over there

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211188&page=426

FearLanier
01-04-2013, 11:14 AM
The Chief's personnel doesn't match anything that any of Andy Reid's team's ever looked like.

They have a long way to go, so let's not all start sucking each others d!cks just yet...

Dontari Poe and Dexter McCluster were both players the Eagles tried to trade up to get.

I'm sure Reid will "figure out" what to do with Charles and Bowe.

Charles may get less carries, but I see a ton of screens and out passes to him for big yards like Brian Westbrook.

Rohirrim
01-04-2013, 11:17 AM

Please tell me the guy with the Cassel>Manning name is a satirist.

Lestat
01-04-2013, 11:24 AM
IIRC when Heckert was in Philly they drafted well but once Heckert left things changed for the worse. I really hope that Reid hires some yes man to be his GM and not a guy who will actually listen to the scouts and have a good impact on the draft. Ultimately Reid will have final say on player personnel and hopefully this will erode the talent and keep kc in the celler.

if i remember correctly there was a power struggle in the FO between Banner,Heckert,Reid. Reid had his authority scaled back and then Heckert left to go to the Browns so he could have full control. Reid got his authority restored and then Banner left to go to the Browns later on.

heckert is solid at drafting talent it seems or maybe it was Holmgren. but not sure he's a good decision maker overall.

FearLanier
01-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeYahoo

Chiefs fans will be happy to know that Scott Pioli is out. Long-time GB personnel man John Dorsey appears headed to KC to work for Andy Reid

Dorsey has been Green Bay's Director of College Scouting since 2000.

Players drafted under his watch include: Bubba Franks, Chad Clifton, Na'il Diggs, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (KGB), Javon Walker, Aaron Kampan, Nick Barnett, Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Matt Flynn, Jermichael Finley, B.J. Raji, Clay Matthews, James Starks, Randall Cobb... just to name a few.

He was also Green Bay's Director of College Scouting from 1997-1998 when they drafted Ross Verba, Darren Sharper, Vonnie Holliday, and Matt Hasselbeck.

Dorsey became the Director of Football Operations. He helped lead the 2012 draft that included a quality pick in Jerel Worthy, promising OLB Nick Perry and breakout star Casey Hayward.

Looks like a hell of a GM choice to me.

Kaylore
01-04-2013, 12:07 PM

They love me over there. Any comment I post garners some kind of response hoping for me to be burned and get AIDS in often creative ways.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
01-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Dontari Poe and Dexter McCluster were both players the Eagles tried to trade up to get.

Dexter McCluster is a steaming pile of crap that hasn't accomplished anything in the NFL. Simply put, his explosion hasn't translated to the NFL and he has had plenty of time to prove his worth under two different offensive coordinators. Reid brings a lot to the table, but bringing up McCluster soils his reputation. You might want to keep that bit of information on the down low.

Br0nc0Buster
01-04-2013, 12:22 PM

not sure how this supports Andy Reid's drafting prowess since both suck

FearLanier
01-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Andy Reid's offense was 8th in ppg last year (2011). They were 3rd in 2010. 5th in 2009. 6th in 2008 and so on.

The guy knows what the hell he's doing on the offensive side of the ball.

crush17
01-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Andy Reid's offense was 8th in ppg last year (2011). They were 3rd in 2010. 5th in 2009. 6th in 2008 and so on.

Who's going to throw the ball for his offense in KC though?

There isn't a QB in the entire draft worth the #1 pick, and the QB Free Agents this year are nothing to get excited about...

Just take a chill pill bro - one coaching move isn't going to bring your ****ty team up from the depths of the AFC West.

HILife
01-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Serious Rev, What is not to like about it??? The past 2 years with the "Dream Team" he was unable to motivate, get the best out of his players, win in the playoffs and pretty much sink the once proud franchise to KC like status... Now it makes sense to me, What could they expect from Andy when the team is already below toilet bowl level.

I am glad he landed in KC, a great day for Bronco fans everywhere.

They were saying the same thing about John Fox. Look at him now.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
01-04-2013, 12:36 PM

29th in points scored in 2012. I like how you conveniently left that out.

DENVERDUI55
01-04-2013, 12:43 PM

I don't know about that. SD is on verge of needing rebuild, Oakland is Oakland and KC needs a QB. Division is Denvers til Manning retires. Reid doesn't scare me as his teams always seem to play up or down to their competition.

FearLanier
01-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Who's going to throw the ball for his offense in KC though?

There isn't a QB in the entire draft worth the #1 pick, and the QB Free Agents this year are nothing to get excited about...

Just take a chill pill bro - one coaching move isn't going to bring your ****ty team up from the depths of the AFC West.

That's why I like Reid. He'll find a QB who will work in his system via FA or the draft.

The guy knows what he's doing.

maher_tyler
01-04-2013, 12:45 PM

I'm sure Reid will "figure out" what to do with Charles and Bowe.

Charles may get less carries, but I see a ton of screens and out passes to him for big yards like Brian Westbrook.

How many Super Bowls did that type of offense get Reid in Philly? He'd be wise to learn how to run the ball.

broncos-rock
01-04-2013, 12:46 PM
I don't see this ending well for the chiefs. Reid is a good coach but he has not grieved for his son. I just feel horrible for the guy he really needed to take a year off.

Tombstone RJ
01-04-2013, 12:46 PM
I think there is a real possibility that Reid is burnt out. However, he may just have needed a change. Sometimes that's all it takes to light the fire again. One thing is for sure, once the kc front office has been finalized, you won't see Hunt around anymore. He'll be focussing back on his first love, soccer.

soccer. lol

WolfpackGuy
01-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Can't wait for all the wasted challenges and timeouts coming KC's way.

DENVERDUI55
01-04-2013, 12:48 PM
That's why I like Reid. He'll find a QB who will work in his system via FA or the draft.

The guy knows what he's doing.

We don't know this and that is one of the most overrated things about Reid. He drafted McNabb high and developed him. Outside of that he has had junk. Vick was well one year wonder and Kolb was ok but not a guy you can win a lot with. Who else has been great for him?

DENVERDUI55
01-04-2013, 12:49 PM

I don't know about that. SD is on verge of needing rebuild, Oakland is Oakland and KC needs a QB. Division is Denvers til Manning retires. Reid doesn't scare me as his teams always seem to play up or down to their competition.

FearLanier
01-04-2013, 12:57 PM
We don't know this and that is one of the most overrated things about Reid. He drafted McNabb high and developed him. Outside of that he has had junk. Vick was well one year wonder and Kolb was ok but not a guy you can win a lot with. Who else has been great for him?

He has the chance to draft another QB high and develop him. The biggest thing Reid likes in his QB's is mobility and accuracy (according to Jeremiah Trotter and Howard Eskin, Philly's Eagles media guy).

Both Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson have that.

Also said that Reid is great with QB's and developing them. Good at fixing their mistakes, hiding their problems.

FearLanier
01-04-2013, 01:00 PM
NFL Network just said Reid is looking to bring in both Tom Heckert and John Dorsey.

They are very close with Reid. Reid has final say, but they will come to a mutual agreement on what moves will be made. Everyone will have say.

01-04-2013, 01:03 PM
All you mother****ers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna **** your mothers while you watch and cry like little, whiny bitches. Once we get to Hollywood and find those Miramax ****s who is makin' the movie... we're gonna make them eat our ****, then **** out our ****, and then eat their **** that's made up of our **** that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you mother****s are next.

Love- Clark and Andy.

Tombstone RJ
01-04-2013, 01:06 PM
lol

DENVERDUI55
01-04-2013, 01:06 PM
All you mother****ers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna **** your mothers while you watch and cry like little, whiny b****es. Once we get to Hollywood and find those Miramax ****s who is makin' the movie... we're gonna make them eat our ****, then **** out our ****, and then eat their **** that's made up of our **** that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you mother****s are next.

Love- Clark and Andy.

Did you just cut and paste your pioli thread?

crush17
01-04-2013, 01:15 PM
All you mother****ers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna **** your mothers while you watch and cry like little, whiny b****es. Once we get to Hollywood and find those Miramax ****s who is makin' the movie... we're gonna make them eat our ****, then **** out our ****, and then eat their **** that's made up of our **** that we made 'em eat. Then you're all you mother****s are next.

Love- Clark and Andy.

Ok that was funny...

SNOOGINS!

BroncoInSkinland
01-04-2013, 01:20 PM
We're gonna **** your mothers while you watch and cry like little, whiny b****es.

Family smack. Obviously deserving of a permaban.

DivineLegion
01-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Ok that was funny...

SNOOGINS!

Bob feels akin to his Walrus HC.

REVENGE OF THE WALRUSES: Operation Camero Go!

orange crusher
01-04-2013, 01:21 PM

Although it is their biggest need, kfc's needs go far beyond just a QB.

Requiem
01-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Family smack. Obviously deserving of a permaban.

It is a quote from a movie. Get over yourself. :wave:

01-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Although it is their biggest need, kfc's needs go far beyond just a QB.

We have multiple needs on the DL. Singular needs at CB and WR.

After that the roster is pretty solid. Depth is a concern.

Requiem
01-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Andy Reid will have more fat rolls added to his credentials than wins in 2013.

Kaylore
01-04-2013, 01:36 PM
When he moves them over to a 4-3, it's going to be fun to watch the anxiety return. Right now, they are just enjoying the freedom.

01-04-2013, 01:41 PM
When he moves them over to a 4-3, it's going to be fun to watch the anxiety return. Right now, they are just enjoying the freedom.

Talent wise, we're probably closer to running a 4-3 defense better.

This team has no 1-gap DL talent outside of some potential in Poe.

If we switch to a 4-3, Hali and Houston can play end just fine. Poe can play the 3-tech and we can find another DT.

The key concern then would be finding two OLBs. Those aren't difficult to find, and in fact much less harder to find than two starting 1-gap 3-4 DEs like JJ Watt.

DJ would play 4-3 MLB, he's done that before and would be just fine.

SoCalBronco
01-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Fat Scott got officially fired I saw....you can bust out the Jergens now Clayton.

maher_tyler
01-04-2013, 01:52 PM
I understand the excitement coming from all the KC trolls considering how ****ty their team has been.

Punisher
01-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Cool signing for K.C

bronco militia
01-04-2013, 02:24 PM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Wz87Mfevns?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Wz87Mfevns?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-04-2013, 02:35 PM
They love me over there. Any comment I post garners some kind of response hoping for me to be burned and get AIDS in often creative ways.

is it because you wont date any of the meth girls there ?

broncocalijohn
01-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Fat Scott got officially fired I saw....you can bust out the Jergens now Clayton.

like the bottle left his hand.

Play2win
01-04-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm done with my segment, Mom!!

Rocket 7
01-04-2013, 03:28 PM
When he moves them over to a 4-3,it's going to be fun to watch the anxiety return. Right now, they are just enjoying the freedom.

I take it you will be "so much happy"

That One Guy
01-04-2013, 03:50 PM

The spineless little bitch(that means you, you spineless little bitch) commenting on someone calling for a ban. Ironic.

01-04-2013, 04:35 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/284441_10151148540031891_432192329_n.jpg

Requiem
01-04-2013, 04:49 PM
The spineless little b****(that means you, you spineless little b****) commenting on someone calling for a ban. Ironic.

I remember my first beer.

RedskinBronco
01-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Chefs fans will pull their hair out when he completely abandons the run.

Jamal Charles should request a trade right now.

SoCalBronco
01-04-2013, 05:34 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/284441_10151148540031891_432192329_n.jpg

Ahahaha...nice

enjolras
01-04-2013, 05:38 PM
KC will be the most talented 7-9 team ever for like the next 5 seasons.

Cito Pelon
01-04-2013, 05:45 PM
I remember my first beer.

Prolly had your first hit of meth at the same time.

Sorry, just had to do it.

DBroncos4life
01-04-2013, 05:48 PM

Poor Chargers won't even have that anymore.

Hulamau
01-04-2013, 06:05 PM
I would expect that both Reid and Vick would prefer to go a different direction, and this would happen only if both couldn't find a different/better option. Reid made this mistake once, I can't see him doing it again.

Because having already hired a couple years ago and promoted last year to HC an African American Fatty Coach they just dumped for a Haole Fatty Coach, they figure the get a pass on the double Rooney rule.

There was no racial discrimination since their last HC was a minority already, and they claim no discrimination now against 'People of Lard' since they made a lateral move in that category as well, exchanging one ultra wide body for Two Ton Andy Galento ... Tony's nephew! :sunshine:

FearLanier
01-04-2013, 06:13 PM

Reid has only been below .500 3 times since 1999 lol

RedskinBronco
01-04-2013, 06:17 PM
I heard Pioli is gone. Did that happen or still rumor?

that's the hiccup in talks IMO. Andy wants personnel control, which is good news for the Broncos LOL

RedskinBronco
01-04-2013, 06:19 PM

And how many times in recent years when Lurie got rid of Joe Baner who is building cleveland pretty well.

Andy sucks ass at personnel decisions. I bet you guys guaranteed him personnel control as well, which is bad news for you.

He drafts pussies with no heart who are frail and lack character. Andy is good coach, but a HORRIBLE personnel guy.

Rolandftw
01-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Chief fans want to hope that it's 2000-2004 Reid they are getting, and not 2005-2012 Reid

FearLanier
01-04-2013, 06:41 PM
And how many times in recent years when Lurie got rid of Joe Baner who is building cleveland pretty well.

Andy sucks ass at personnel decisions. I bet you guys guaranteed him personnel control as well, which is bad news for you.

He drafts pussies with no heart who are frail and lack character. Andy is good coach, but a HORRIBLE personnel guy.

Reid will have Heckert or Dorsey (maybe both) to help with personnel.

Reid is bad at drafting? Fletcher Cox and Mychal Kendricks were both very good draft picks this year.

I trust him.

Br0nc0Buster
01-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Romeo wasnt cutting it

KC needed to go fatter

RedskinBronco
01-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Reid will have Heckert or Dorsey (maybe both) to help with personnel.

Reid is bad at drafting? Fletcher Cox and Mychal Kendricks were both very good draft picks this year.

I trust him.

Sit and watch...

His ego is too big; he is holmgren #2.

Heckert and Dorsey won't have any say other than making $ work under cheap ass Hunt

FearLanier
01-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Sit and watch...

Heckert and Dorsey won't have any say other than making $ work under cheap ass Hunt

Now I know you're a moron.

Clark just took serious cash out of his pocket for the renovation to the stadium in 2010.

4 years ago he made Pioli the highest paid GM in the NFL.

As of next season, Clark will be paying the rest of Romeo's $8 million dollar contract and roughly $5 million of Pioli's last year, all while paying Reid at least $7 million (contract is said to be 5 years at $38 million per Save Our Chiefs) along with another salary for the GM.

Might want to do your research next time.

Tombstone RJ
01-04-2013, 07:06 PM

Clark just took serious cash out of his pocket for the renovation to the stadium in 2010.

As of next season, Clark will be paying the rest of Romeo's $8 million dollar contract and roughly $5 million of Pioli's last year, all while paying Reid at least $7 million (contract is said to be 5 years at $38 million per Save Our Chiefs) along with another salary for the GM.

what for when we have kc creepers like you that spew your hot garbage kc propoganda all over this place, thank you very little.

RedskinBronco
01-04-2013, 07:14 PM

LOL are you getting mad?

His love is his MLS team.

I don't pay attention to the chefs other than laughing at that organization.

So he paid a GM and a Coach to make it seem that they are trying? I admit to not keeping up with your pathetic organization, so please enlighten me on your cap situation? Also, how is your scouting department and GM supporting folks?

You see "pretending" by paying a coach or gm $5M-$8M is genius because it fools KC rejects like you. It's a brilliant strategy to pretend in that area so you don't have to answer to your moron fan base when you don't pick up free agents or spend like the big dogs. Hunt is actually a genius!

Neil Smith was smart. He knew what was up in KC and so he joined a real winning organization.

Nice try though. I expected more from you; actually civilized talk but it seemed you got mad and reverted to name calling LOL

FearLanier
01-04-2013, 08:19 PM
LOL are you getting mad?

His love is his MLS team.

I don't pay attention to the chefs other than laughing at that organization.

So he paid a GM and a Coach to make it seem that they are trying? I admit to not keeping up with your pathetic organization, so please enlighten me on your cap situation? Also, how is your scouting department and GM supporting folks?

You see "pretending" by paying a coach or gm $5M-$8M is genius because it fools KC rejects like you. It's a brilliant strategy to pretend in that area so you don't have to answer to your moron fan base when you don't pick up free agents or spend like the big dogs. Hunt is actually a genius!

Neil Smith was smart. He knew what was up in KC and so he joined a real winning organization.

Nice try though. I expected more from you; actually civilized talk but it seemed you got mad and reverted to name calling LOL

Too old to get mad from message board propaganda. You are a rival fan. You think everything any rival team does is lame.

I got it.

maven
01-04-2013, 08:27 PM
Too old to get mad from message board propaganda. You are a rival fan. You think everything any rival team does is lame.

I got it.

that is good ur owner is at least trying to spenspd money. they have been cheap buying players. maybe it will change now

RedskinBronco
01-04-2013, 08:35 PM

I got it.

Not really, I actually sometimes feel sorry for you guys.

The fan base is pretty loyal and it's a good football city, just seems like the Hunts never truly step up. As respected as Lamar Hunt was around the league, I never got the sense that he did a lot for the chiefs. For the NFL yes, but it seemed the chiefs success was second to his NFL Pioneer reputation.

I could be wrong but that's the sense I got. It's a shame arrowhead has become a graveyard, that's historically a tough place.

I don't mind you, really, I don't. Just didn't get why you called me a moron. Maybe Andy will help you out (on offense for sure) but just be weary of his personnel decisions. I only say that because I know how the eagles saga went down having to listen to a bunch of eagles fans.

DENVERDUI55
01-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Sit and watch...

Hunt can save money on coaching clothes because Reid will fit in Crennels quite well.

Atwater His Ass
01-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Not too worried about this considering Reid's last 2 years and all the family problems he's had lately, not to mention dumping on one of his friends during the season. Really thought it was best for him to take a year or two off and get his **** together.

I'm actually a little relieved since Reid just doesn't have it anymore and I don't see him getting it back. I really think this was the "safe" move KC wanted to make to bring the fans back in and try to get some stability. There were definately more interesting options available for KC that could have developed them a QB.

Also, if they give Reid the HC/GM role, well, yeah, I don't think that will work out at all either.

I would think the best thing about this hire for KC would be that fact that Reid usually has a strong staff with him, so I'd expect he'll at least bring in talented coaches during his time.

RedskinBronco
01-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Hunt can save money on coaching clothes because Reid will fit in Crennels quite well.

^5

it's funny because he's fat

g6matty
01-04-2013, 10:30 PM
reid alredy talking about assembling this all star line up of coaches. idk wtf this guy thinking . all these top notch guys egos will clash all willl want things done their own way. everyone cant be a leader people need to fall in line. thats why **** didnt work in philly. the dream team had too much talent. not enough guys were hungry people were content and let the next man make the play. no hustle. unfortunately that receipe doesnt work. kc will fold just like philly did.

Agamemnon
01-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Reid is a great coach, but if I were a Chiefs fan I'd still be a little concerned. The guy's offensive philosophy is pretty much diametrically opposed to what the Chiefs have been best at in recent years (running the ball), and the guy sucks at building a healthy locker room. Maybe it'll work out for them, but I won't be surprised if this thing goes pear-shaped.

Agamemnon
01-04-2013, 10:39 PM

How many of those years were spent coaching the Chiefs?

Armchair Bronco
01-04-2013, 11:25 PM
I'd like to know if Reid will gain weight in 2013 and look more like Romeo or lose weight and look more like Rex Ryan.

I hope he at least makes the Chiefs competitive again. I'm getting tired of the Broncos walking all over the Chiefs, year in and year out.

BroncoInSkinland
01-05-2013, 07:24 AM

Silly me and here I thought any reason to get rid of Bob was a good reason. Worthy of neg rep though? Really? As far as getting over oneself goes, I will work on it, I always take advice from experts in the field.

Bacchus
01-05-2013, 07:31 AM

Only if the Chargers are not 7-9 any of those years.

FearLanier
01-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Reid is a great coach, but if I were a Chiefs fan I'd still be a little concerned. The guy's offensive philosophy is pretty much diametrically opposed to what the Chiefs have been best at in recent years (running the ball), and the guy sucks at building a healthy locker room. Maybe it'll work out for them, but I won't be surprised if this thing goes pear-shaped.

I think you'll see Charles score more passing touchdowns that look like this now.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nTwLwq7wMV0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Westbrook was great in the screen and flat. I think Charles will be too.

Requiem
01-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Prolly had your first hit of meth at the same time.

Sorry, just had to do it.

Don't be sorry. It made me laugh. Good stuff.

broncogary
01-05-2013, 08:12 AM
Don't be sorry. It made me laugh. Good stuff.

You mean the meth, of course. :sunshine:

Requiem
01-05-2013, 08:19 AM
You mean the meth, of course. :sunshine:

A Pyrex bulb and the whoop so throwed, I cooked it for nine then I stretched it for nine more. Woah.

DENVERDUI55
01-05-2013, 08:53 AM

How many losing seasons had Herm had when he took over KC?

Bacchus
01-05-2013, 09:30 AM
It's official; Chief website just posted Reid's picture.

http://www.neatorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/whiskers.jpg

Mogulseeker
01-05-2013, 07:46 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/527513_481885411858152_474309902_n.png

FearLanier
01-05-2013, 08:57 PM
How many losing seasons had Herm had when he took over KC?

Herm was 39-41 in NY before he came to KC. Hardly a selling point.

Agamemnon
01-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Herm was 39-41 in NY before he came to KC. Hardly a selling point.

It's all going to depend on whether or not you guys can get a franchise QB. Without one you guys are going to continue to lose, Andy Reid or no Andy Reid.