PDA

View Full Version : Lets be honest...NFL wants Brady vs. Manning

Gator20134
01-02-2013, 12:28 PM
I'd be shocked if its not Denver vs. NE for the AFC Championship.

Ratings would be off the charts!

SeedReaver
01-02-2013, 12:53 PM
I'd be shocked if its not Denver vs. NE for the AFC Championship.

Ratings would be off the charts!
I think that's what everybody wants that aren't fans of the other AFC playoff teams. Even I want a Manning v. Brady rematch, in Denver this time.

OBF1
01-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Shocking insite, Thanks for the news

bronco militia
01-02-2013, 01:03 PM
what???? No Tebow???

Gator20134
01-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Clever but he did win a playoff game right? Give him some kudos?

Drunk Monkey
01-02-2013, 01:05 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/24736333.jpg

Smiling Assassin27
01-02-2013, 01:08 PM
send this thread to every NFL referee, please. ;)

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-02-2013, 01:11 PM
what???? No Tebow???

i want to see Tebow vs manning i would bet someone elses house that Tebow would win im that aszsholic Hilarious!

Tebow lead team 45 broncos 3
lord i apologize for making a Tebow joke but cmon the guy cant for whatever reason beat out any other QB

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-02-2013, 01:18 PM
what about manning vs the colts that would be buzz worthy
also love to see a manning vs manning superbowl not happening this year but maybe next year hopefully

SonOfLe-loLang
01-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Ratings for any AFC championship game will be just fine.

ColoradoDarin
01-02-2013, 01:36 PM
Anyone else read the title as "Let's be obvious..." ?

Mogulseeker
01-02-2013, 02:23 PM
send this thread to every NFL referee, please. ;)

It's nice to have a darling on our side this go. We always complained that Peyton would get favorable calls back as a Colt.

Greatspirits
01-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Boston Globe is calling it.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/01/01/get-ready-for-tom-brady-peyton-manning-for-afc-title/2illsPFW2VAKNECJpJURoO/story.html

colonelbeef
01-02-2013, 03:57 PM
doesnt matter whatsoever. If it did, Arizona, Seattle, New Orleans, Atlanta, Indy would never have made the Superbowl. San Fran wouldn't have had a dynasty. NFL isn't rigged for ratings.

RedskinBronco
01-02-2013, 04:01 PM
I hate the ****ing Patriots; that's the number 1 team I hate even more than the cowboys. I hope they lose next week, but if not, PLEASE PLEASE let's blow them the **** out. I want Belichik and his ****s completely humiliated. RUN UP THE SCORE

RedskinBronco
01-02-2013, 04:02 PM
doesnt matter whatsoever. If it did, Arizona, Seattle, New Orleans, Atlanta, Indy would never have made the Superbowl. San Fran wouldn't have had a dynasty. NFL isn't rigged for ratings.

What?! You are accusing us?!!!

Signed,
D. Stern

;)

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 04:19 AM
What?! You are accusing us?!!!

Signed,
D. Stern

;)

Bingo

McDman
01-03-2013, 05:30 AM
I don't. I don't see us beating the Pats. It scares me.

Bacchus
01-03-2013, 05:43 AM

you do not see the Broncos at home beating the pats? Really? Really??? Hilarious!

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 05:49 AM
Its not a slam dunk beating NE...No.

Anyone who thinks so is delusional. I had Gronkowski on my fantasy team and he and Hernandez played like two games together where both were healthy. Good for me until Gronkowski got hurt at the end. Together that combination is formidable for any defense.

Bacchus
01-03-2013, 05:51 AM
Its not a slam dunk beating NE...No.

Anyone who thinks so is delusional. I had Gronkowski on my fantasy team and he and Hernandez played like two games together where both were healthy. Good for me until Gronkowski got hurt at the end. Together that combination is formidable for any defense.

Of course it is no slam dunk but for someone to say they can't see Denver beating the Pats, is laughable. The Pats are so invincible that you just can't see anyway the lowly Broncos can win?

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 05:55 AM
Of course it is no slam dunk but for someone to say they can't see Denver beating the Pats, is laughable. The Pats are so invincible that you just can't see anyway the lowly Broncos can win?

He never said "can't" he said "don't" meaning he does not necessarily think they will. Don't know him but I think thats where he is coming from. He never stated "can't". Curious what the Vegas line would be.

Bacchus
01-03-2013, 05:57 AM
He never said "can't" he said "don't" meaning he does not necessarily think they will. Don't know him but I think thats where he is coming from. He never stated "can't". Curious what the Vegas line would be.

Ok, look at it like this. "I don't see you ever getting laid."

Not saying you can't but....eh I don't see it happening.

Bacchus
01-03-2013, 05:59 AM
Anyone that Can't see the 13-3 Broncos beating the Pats hasn't been paying attention.

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 05:59 AM
Ok, look at it like this. "I don't see you ever getting laid."

Not saying you can't but....eh I don't see it happening.

Well I am married with children so you're probably not far off.

LOL

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 06:06 AM
Anyone that Can't see the 13-3 Broncos beating the Pats hasn't been paying attention.

Manning's playoff record is like .500 correct? I think the odds of beating NE are what 50/50?

Rock Chalk
01-03-2013, 06:21 AM
Boston Globe is calling it.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/01/01/get-ready-for-tom-brady-peyton-manning-for-afc-title/2illsPFW2VAKNECJpJURoO/story.html

That was a ****ty article.

Rock Chalk
01-03-2013, 06:21 AM
Manning's playoff record is like .500 correct? I think the odds of beating NE are what 50/50?

Hmm, well, the Patriots playoff record in Denver is what is important here and they are batting 0.

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 06:42 AM
How many "at bats" has the current squad had in Denver?

Its annoying because their double tight end formations they'll use will be difficult to scout.

Bronco X
01-03-2013, 06:55 AM
The Patriots haven't won a road playoff game since 2006/07. Granted, they have not played a road playoff game since that season, but one of the reasons for that is two home playoff losses. Their playoff record since their last Super Bowl victory is 7-6. This Godzilla reputation they have is based entirely on their 3 Super Bowl run from 2001-2004... almost a decade ago. There recent performance doesn't really warrant such a mystified perception of their unbeatable prowess.

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 06:58 AM
The Patriots haven't won a road playoff game since 2006/07. Granted, they have not played a road playoff game since that season, but one of the reasons for that is two home playoff losses. Their playoff record since their last Super Bowl victory is 7-6. This Godzilla reputation they have is based entirely on their 3 Super Bowl run from 2001-2004... almost a decade ago. There recent performance doesn't really warrant such a mystified perception of their unbeatable prowess.

Well said

WolfpackGuy
01-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Bring on the damn Cheatriots!

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 07:21 AM
Have to get by Baltimore first. Thats going to be one inspired team.

Scary game

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 08:31 AM

I'm not sure it's any Patriots Mystique as much as the general asswhooppins and matchup problems their offense lays on our defense. Our defense has looked completely exposed the last 3 times we played them. I really think (hope?) we'll have a better answer this time around, But our offense really needs to start hot this time, if the Pats come calling.

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 08:51 AM
I'm not sure it's any Patriots Mystique as much as the general asswhooppins and matchup problems their offense lays on our defense. Our defense has looked completely exposed the last 3 times we played them. I really think (hope?) we'll have a better answer this time around, But our offense really needs to start hot this time, if the Pats come calling.

First the task is to get by the inspired and highly physical Ravens squad. They will be motivated for several reasons.

errand
01-03-2013, 09:12 AM
ROFL!Anyone that Can't see the 13-3 Broncos beating the Pats hasn't been paying attention.

Just like the fans who wanted Mike Shanahan to lead this team going into the playoffs, these "I'm scared of the Patriots" clowns fear is derived from a rep built many years ago.....

the Broncos shot themselves in the foot several times in that game earlier this year.

Thomas fumbles the ball inside the red zone....that's 7 points we lose

Manning sacked and fumble on our 17, recovered by Pats on our 14...another 7 points we gave them

McGahee drops a 4th and 1 pass (everyone knows he'd have gotten several yards on it) from NE 47.....potential 7 points we lose, definitely 3 with Prater's big leg.

McGahee fumbles at NE 11....leaving yet another 7 points off the board.

So we gave them 7 points and left anywhere from 17-21 points on the field.....Doesn't mean we definitely win, as anything is possible, but it should rid you clowns of your irrational fear of the mighty Patriots.

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Incredible how we just discount the Ravens. Incredible!! The Patriots may lose their game next week anyway.

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 09:58 AM
ROFL!

Just like the fans who wanted Mike Shanahan to lead this team going into the playoffs, these "I'm scared of the Patriots" clowns fear is derived from a rep built many years ago.....

the Broncos shot themselves in the foot several times in that game earlier this year.

Thomas fumbles the ball inside the red zone....that's 7 points we lose

Manning sacked and fumble on our 17, recovered by Pats on our 14...another 7 points we gave them

McGahee drops a 4th and 1 pass (everyone knows he'd have gotten several yards on it) from NE 47.....potential 7 points we lose, definitely 3 with Prater's big leg.

McGahee fumbles at NE 11....leaving yet another 7 points off the board.

So we gave them 7 points and left anywhere from 17-21 points on the field.....Doesn't mean we definitely win, as anything is possible, but it should rid you clowns of your irrational fear of the mighty Patriots.

The Pats have AVERAGED more points vs us in the last 3 games than we've scored on any single team all season. There's no rational way to say this is not cause for concern. Our defense needs to play better than it did before to beat the Patriots.

Tombstone RJ
01-03-2013, 10:03 AM
How many "at bats" has the current squad had in Denver?

Its annoying because their double tight end formations they'll use will be difficult to scout.

wrong. Difficult to stop, yes. Difficult to scout, really?

DivineLegion
01-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Denver's inability to deal with TEs, and Chris Harris' last performance against Wes Welker scare me. If Chris eats his wheaties, and we unveil some secret TE squashing formula maybe, but it will be close.

I would love to see them try to run their Chip Kelly hurry up in altitude though, that would be interesting.

Tombstone RJ
01-03-2013, 10:06 AM
The Pats have AVERAGED more points vs us in the last 3 games than we've scored on any single team all season. There's no rational way to say this is not cause for concern. Our defense needs to play better than it did before to beat the Patriots.

If we just had Tebow, right?

Tombstone RJ
01-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Denver's inability to deal with TEs, and Chris Harris' last performance against Wes Welker scare me. If Chris eats his wheaties, and we unveil some secret TE squashing formula maybe, but it will be close.

meh, I'd go heavy zone coverages and zone blitzes too. Generate pressure with a 4 man front and I like the Broncos chances. Delayed blitzes should work ok too. I like the idea of minimizing the TEs effect over the middle by occassionally dropping a DT back into the middle zone. Now, super Tom Brady will probably still complete the passes, but it will be a dumpoff to the RB or a quick slant.

screw the pats.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Gator20134,
What do you think about the Ravens? I can't tell

Greatspirits
01-03-2013, 10:15 AM
I say we get by our divisional round opponent before we start talking about he Patsy's!

DivineLegion
01-03-2013, 10:25 AM
meh, I'd go heavy zone coverages and zone blitzes too. Generate pressure with a 4 man front and I like the Broncos chances. Delayed blitzes should work ok too. I like the idea of minimizing the TEs effect over the middle by occassionally dropping a DT back into the middle zone. Now, super Tom Brady will probably still complete the passes, but it will be a dumpoff to the RB or a quick slant.

screw the pats.

I saw press man on the outside with a two deep shell, mix up coverages with our inside linebackers, and rush 4-5 disguising the rush (much like you suggested). I would drop Von into some shallow zones to throw Brady off as well. Brady was awful against the 9ers playing man, and didn't get rolling until they switched to zone coverage in the second half.

That being said, I think JDR uses a similar game plan to the one he used against Tampa. Two 2-gap linemen, Doom in a 9 technique, and Von coming on 85% of the snaps with two Backers in the middle. I was surprised how well we stopped the run against the bucks with only two bigs taking a majority of the defensive snaps, I hope it works against the Pats. We don't have to worry about Riddley this time, so maybe that will hurt their rotation, and favor the Broncos.

pricejj
01-03-2013, 10:53 AM
. We don't have to worry about Riddley this time...

Really, why's that?

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 11:02 AM
If we just had Tebow, right?

Heh. :)

If I eat a ton of crow this year, it'll be mostly on this point. I didn't think Manning would add (yes add) enough firepower to outgun the Pats. I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong.

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 11:34 AM
wrong. Difficult to stop, yes. Difficult to scout, really?

Yes scout, have not seem them together on the field almost all year. Their formations will be formidable. Can run or pass out of them if you think about it. NE's running game is dangerous too its not just Brady anymore.

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 11:35 AM
Gator20134,
What do you think about the Ravens? I can't tell

I think they are motivated:

#1) Lewis is back and this is his last season
#2) They were spanked and want revenge
#3) They also want to eventually avenge the loss to the Patriots from last year.

Thats what I think. What do you think?

DivineLegion
01-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Really, why's that?

Check that we do, I thought he was hurt. Didn't the Pats put one of their backs on IR?

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Ridley ran 20 times for 74 yards and two touchdowns against a strong Dolphins run defense on Sunday.
(Updated 12/31/12) STATS LLC

Advice Ridley put together one of the best regular seasons by a Patriots running back, totaling 1,263 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns.

He is not hurt

DivineLegion
01-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Ridley ran 20 times for 74 yards and two touchdowns against a strong Dolphins run defense on Sunday.
(Updated 12/31/12) STATS LLC

Advice Ridley put together one of the best regular seasons by a Patriots running back, totaling 1,263 rushing yards and 12 touchdowns.

He is not hurt

I think I was confusing him for Boldin, who was suspended for PEDs. I knew one of them was out for awhile this season.

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Actually Ridley looks like a late 1st; early 2nd round FFL pick next yr.

HAT
01-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Incredible how we just discount the Ravens. Incredible!! The Patriots may lose their game next week anyway.

Kinda like how you're discounting Indy?

SonOfLe-loLang
01-03-2013, 12:34 PM
I think they are motivated:

#1) Lewis is back and this is his last season
#2) They were spanked and want revenge
#3) They also want to eventually avenge the loss to the Patriots from last year.

Thats what I think. What do you think?

I think Joe Flacco is their QB and we should handle them.

Obviously, its the NFL and you never know, but we are the superior team.

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Kinda like how you're discounting Indy?

Got me!

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 12:37 PM
I think Joe Flacco is their QB and we should handle them.

Obviously, its the NFL and you never know, but we are the superior team.

Agreed but it will be a physical game hopefully there is enough in the tank for the championship game and beyond.

Jekyll15Hyde
01-03-2013, 01:00 PM

So you are assuming that Houston beats Cincy? Not sure I see that happening

mhgaffney
01-03-2013, 01:26 PM

Denver has the best past rush in the league. If we can unleash it against the Pats -- we can win. A big IF.

It might not even be close.

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 01:33 PM
NE had an offense of Brady to:

Gronkowski
Hernandez
Lloyd
Welker
Branch

With a running game of Ridley and Woodhead

A lot of people to stop on D. For the first time all season I believe all will be healthy at the same time.

Bronco X
01-03-2013, 02:55 PM

The defense has improved considerably since the last time they played the Patriots. It'd be one thing if the defense was playing exactly like they are now and completely fell apart against the Pats, but their performance against the Pats was largely indicative of how the defense was performing against other teams at around the same time. I'm not saying the Pats offense wouldn't be a challenge, obviously, but I think there's enough to indicate the defense should perform better against the Pats should they meet up in three weeks.

Tombstone RJ
01-03-2013, 03:00 PM
NE had an offense of Brady to:

Gronkowski
Hernandez
Lloyd
Welker
Branch

With a running game of Ridley and Woodhead

A lot of people to stop on D. For the first time all season I believe all will be healthy at the same time.

it all revolves around Brady. Knock him around a little and he pansies up well. Also, I don't know how NE's defense is, but IIRC it's not all that great, at least this year, but I could be wrong.

Patriot 37
01-03-2013, 03:56 PM
The defense has improved considerably since the last time they played the Patriots. It'd be one thing if the defense was playing exactly like they are now and completely fell apart against the Pats, but their performance against the Pats was largely indicative of how the defense was performing against other teams at around the same time. I'm not saying the Pats offense wouldn't be a challenge, obviously, but I think there's enough to indicate the defense should perform better against the Pats should they meet up in three weeks.

I keep hearing that the Broncos Defense has improved I'm not saying it hasn't but what specifically has changed ? (ie new starters from the Oct game or players who are playing much better now ).

Everyone know the Pats and Broncos Offense are great and the Pats D is mediocre. The key to the game (only an epic choke would keep them from playing each other) will be the Broncos D. It's hard to judge them because the haven't played a QB with a QBR over 90 in 2 months.

jerseyboiler120
01-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Even though Flacco is a bit up and down at times, beating him like a mule at his home stadium is pretty damn good. Also, there's a red-headed QB playing for the bengals we held in check for much of the game. And again that was at cincinnati.

A big change for Denver's D is the maturation process before our very eyes of the young guns in the secondary. They have gotten better with each passing week (no pun intended).

DivineLegion
01-03-2013, 04:38 PM
I keep hearing that the Broncos Defense has improved I'm not saying it hasn't but what specifically has changed ? (ie new starters from the Oct game or players who are playing much better now ).

Everyone know the Pats and Broncos Offense are great and the Pats D is mediocre. The key to the game (only an epic choke would keep them from playing each other) will be the Broncos D. It's hard to judge them because the haven't played a QB with a QBR over 90 in 2 months.

A lot has changed...

LB: North South Joe Mays is out, Keith Brooking is in. Keith provides experience, and pre-snap adjustments Joe Mays didn't have the mental capacity to comprehend. We also have DJ Williams back from suspension. While DJ has been used as a rotational player, he provides better coverage ability. Speaking of coverage ability, rookie Danny Travathian has earned more PT, and is an exceptionally talented coverage Linebacker.

DB: Tracy Porter is out, and Chris Harris is in. Though Chris Harris had his struggles against Wes Welker, he is one of the better buckle corners in the NFL, and will be on the field for almost every snap. Chris has vastly improved as his second season in the NFL comes to a close. He's quietly emerging as one of the better corners in the NFL. Tiny Carter has also earned a lot more PT, and is by far the most atletic corner the Broncos have. He's insanely quick with great lateral agility, and ball skills. Raheem Moore has also improved immensely in his second year. Experience, and continuity are huge boones to safety groupings, Moore, and Adams have been phenominal late in the season.

DL: Rookie Derrick Wolfe has developed significantly as the season has worn on. His progression alone has been a major contribution to the Broncos defensive dominance. Mitch Unrein has also made significant strides.

JDR has this unit opperating at maximum efficiency. It took about six weeks, but they have arrived. The beauty of the defenses progression is the flexibility in defensive play calling that has developed as a result. Prepare for multiple, and a lot of mixed coverage.

Patriot 37
01-03-2013, 05:01 PM
A lot has changed...

LB: North South Joe Mays is out, Keith Brooking is in. Keith provides experience, and pre-snap adjustments Joe Mays didn't have the mental capacity to comprehend. We also have DJ Williams back from suspension. While DJ has been used as a rotational player, he provides better coverage ability. Speaking of coverage ability, rookie Danny Travathian has earned more PT, and is an exceptionally talented coverage Linebacker.

DB: Tracy Porter is out, and Chris Harris is in. Though Chris Harris had his struggles against Wes Welker, he is one of the better buckle corners in the NFL, and will be on the field for almost every snap. Chris has vastly improved as his second season in the NFL comes to a close. He's quietly emerging as one of the better corners in the NFL. Tiny Carter has also earned a lot more PT, and is by far the most atletic corner the Broncos have. He's insanely quick with great lateral agility, and ball skills. Raheem Moore has also improved immensely in his second year. Experience, and continuity are huge boones to safety groupings, Moore, and Adams have been phenominal late in the season.

DL: Rookie Derrick Wolfe has developed significantly as the season has worn on. His progression alone has been a major contribution to the Broncos defensive dominance. Mitch Unrein has also made significant strides.

JDR has this unit opperating at maximum efficiency. It took about six weeks, but they have arrived. The beauty of the defenses progression is the flexibility in defensive play calling that has developed as a result. Prepare for multiple, and a lot of mixed coverage.

Good stuff, thanks.

The key to stopping the Pats (aside from a great interior pass rush which will stop any drop back QB) is how good your ILBs and Safeties are especially in coverage. Teams like SF, Set with fast ILBs and great safeties are a tough match up if a teams defensive strength is DEs CBs it doesn't really matter we throw mostly to the middle of the field look at the Hou game.

It will be interesting to see it your start your " nickel ILBs" and take your chances with Ridley or play run stuffers and hope they can deal with Gronk and AH.

Covering Welker is not like covering anyone else some average nickel CBs can cover him while top CBs can stay within 5 yards of him. Welker ussually starts or motions to the slot any chance they would match him up Bailey ? Or do they like to keep him on outside

Bronco X
01-03-2013, 05:51 PM

It's true that the Broncos D hasn't faced a real good challenge at the QB position for a while. Drew Brees was the last upper echelon QB they faced and they handled him very good. Other middling to fair QBs they've faced since have generally fared worse against them than against other opponents (Flacco bounced back with a good game against the regular season Giants defense).

I'd reemphasize DivineLegion's points about the emergence of several young players... especially Harris and Wesley Woodyard. Von Miller has also elevated him game to a new level.

If there's one statistic that highlights the improvement it's 3rd down defense. They struggled terribly early on and eventually became dominant on 3rd downs. Of course the counter is the already raised point about the quality of QBs faced, but this turnaround had become quite apparent against the Saints, which indicates it's not entirely about facing inferior talent.

Brady is in another class and the potential matchup will be the biggest challenge the Broncos D will have faced all season (including the earlier matchup). But ultimately they are not faced with the task of shutting Brady down. All they need to do is play well enough to win with Manning directing their offense.

DivineLegion
01-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Good stuff, thanks.

The key to stopping the Pats (aside from a great interior pass rush which will stop any drop back QB) is how good your ILBs and Safeties are especially in coverage. Teams like SF, Set with fast ILBs and great safeties are a tough match up if a teams defensive strength is DEs CBs it doesn't really matter we throw mostly to the middle of the field look at the Hou game.

It will be interesting to see it your start your " nickel ILBs" and take your chances with Ridley or play run stuffers and hope they can deal with Gronk and AH.

Covering Welker is not like covering anyone else some average nickel CBs can cover him while top CBs can stay within 5 yards of him. Welker ussually starts or motions to the slot any chance they would match him up Bailey ? Or do they like to keep him on outside

The good thing about our coverage linebackers is they are our best tacklers. The key to stoping the run game is going to be our defensive line. If we can hold the point of attack, we will be ok. In the first meeting your O-Line dominated the LOS.

I imagine Chris Harris will be on Wes Welker the whole game. When we utilize our nickel package, Chris Harris is inside, and Tony Carter replaces him on the outside of the formation. Champ is almost exclusively used on the left side of the defense. The Broncos use their nickle package 60-70% of the time with a variety of exotic fronts. We have big nickle package with Leonard as our 3rd safety, a 2 down linemen 2 gap look with a 9 technique DE/LB and Von from the strong side with two ILBs (essentially a 2-4 front; watch the Broncos vs Bucs game), a 3-3 front, JDR gets pretty creative. I imagine we will generate our inside pressure with stunts, and delayed blitzes. They really like to use Woodyard on delays with a stunt to the weak side, and Dumervil attacking 7-9 on the LT.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-03-2013, 06:26 PM
well i dont think the pats will be able to audiable with the crowd noise nor do the no huddle non stop after all your playing at MILE HIGH STADIUM !!!
it isnt named mile high ,because the stadium is built a mile high .
its because you are 5,280 feet ABOVE sea level if the broncos make the pats work for yards then the advantage is ours

DivineLegion
01-03-2013, 06:35 PM
well i dont think the pats will be able to audiable with the crowd noise nor do the no huddle non stop after all your playing at MILE HIGH STADIUM !!!
it isnt named mile high ,because the stadium is built a mile high .
its because you are 5,280 feet ABOVE sea level if the broncos make the pats work for yards then the advantage is ours

That's one of the biggest things about securing the 1 seed. There is no way on Gods green earth the Pats are going to keep their up tempo offense rolling in altitude. They are going to wear their offense out in the first half, unless they outfitted their practice facility with a hypoxicator.

Patriot 37
01-03-2013, 07:26 PM
The good thing about our coverage linebackers is they are our best tacklers. The key to stoping the run game is going to be our defensive line. If we can hold the point of attack, we will be ok. In the first meeting your O-Line dominated the LOS.

I imagine Chris Harris will be on Wes Welker the whole game. When we utilize our nickel package, Chris Harris is inside, and Tony Carter replaces him on the outside of the formation. Champ is almost exclusively used on the left side of the defense. The Broncos use their nickle package 60-70% of the time with a variety of exotic fronts. We have big nickle package with Leonard as our 3rd safety, a 2 down linemen 2 gap look with a 9 technique DE/LB and Von from the strong side with two ILBs (essentially a 2-4 front; watch the Broncos vs Bucs game), a 3-3 front, JDR gets pretty creative. I imagine we will generate our inside pressure with stunts, and delayed blitzes. They really like to use Woodyard on delays with a stunt to the weak side, and Dumervil attacking 7-9 on the LT.

The "big nickel" was our achilles heel last year The Giants used it alot in the SB Balt used it in AFCCG (technically Jimmy Smith is a CB but he's the size of a safety ) Green Ellis wasn't explosive enough to make other teams pay for using it, that's why Ridley is key to the game.

Our Defense has improved as well since Oct (if Dennard and Talib are healthy). We are at least capable of playing man now (not that we are great at it) Talib is up and down but better than Arrington and Dennard is not fast but he at least plays the ball well. The most important McCourty is at Safety where he has played well and has kept Chung (who can't cover) on the bench.

Aftermath
01-03-2013, 07:48 PM
The Pats are ALOT better with a healthy Gronk. Looks like he is healthy now. I hope you guys aren't judging them based on the last few weeks. We can win, but it will not be a blowout.

errand
01-03-2013, 08:06 PM

what happened last year has nothing to do with this year.

Our defense played well considering the fact the offense turned the ball over 4 times (5 if you consider McGahee's drop) and left so many points on the field.

I think the second meeting will be different....

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-03-2013, 08:11 PM
only way the Broncos lose is if we beat ourselves

RedskinBronco
01-03-2013, 08:11 PM
**** the Patriots. All you need is an elite pass rush against them as Giants and SF have shown. SF was bitch slapping Brady around like a rag doll before they decided it was cool to try and play prevent defense and make it a game.

If Von Miller and Dumervil are on top of their games and bring it, I expect a CONVINCING and dominating Broncos win.

It's all about the pass rush, Brady can't handle elite pass rushes. The trick is not many teams have that, but Denver is finally one of those teams.

I am dreaming of Dumervil and Von Miller coming after Brady's pansy ass. There will be hell for him if Denver/NE are the AFC Championship game.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-03-2013, 08:36 PM
if the Broncos play the pats we are doomed .
might as well pack up leave the nfl and go play in the cfl some of the Bronco fans here think we got no chance ..... but wait there is a glimmer of hope if we can sign Tebow look what he did to the pats last year ............. oh ummm never mind

BroncoFox
01-03-2013, 09:42 PM
**** the Patriots. All you need is an elite pass rush against them as Giants and SF have shown. SF was b**** slapping Brady around like a rag doll before they decided it was cool to try and play prevent defense and make it a game.

If Von Miller and Dumervil are on top of their games and bring it, I expect a CONVINCING and dominating Broncos win.

It's all about the pass rush, Brady can't handle elite pass rushes. The trick is not many teams have that, but Denver is finally one of those teams.

I am dreaming of Dumervil and Von Miller coming after Brady's pansy ass. There will be hell for him if Denver/NE are the AFC Championship game.

Not really. They need a solid rush up the middle. Like Manning, Brady makes too quick of decisions to have much success rushing from the ends. But our coverage has improved quite a bit.. so hopefully, we play man and give those guys time to get in there. SF was playing man in the first half, and they were doing great. They switched to zone after the half, and *poof*... it went badly. I think we should play man.

DivineLegion
01-03-2013, 10:17 PM
The "big nickel" was our achilles heel last year The Giants used it alot in the SB Balt used it in AFCCG (technically Jimmy Smith is a CB but he's the size of a safety ) Green Ellis wasn't explosive enough to make other teams pay for using it, that's why Ridley is key to the game.

Our Defense has improved as well since Oct (if Dennard and Talib are healthy). We are at least capable of playing man now (not that we are great at it) Talib is up and down but better than Arrington and Dennard is not fast but he at least plays the ball well. The most important McCourty is at Safety where he has played well and has kept Chung (who can't cover) on the bench.

As a fan of Nebraska football I'm not surprised to see Dennard play at such a high level in the NFL. He reminds me a lot of Antoine Caison, not a world beater athlete, but his game speed translates. The only thing I feel like you guys are going to have trouble with is getting to Manning. If the Broncos can get Chris Kuper back, I believe we can dominate inside, that would put a ton of pressure on Chandler Jones to beat Clady, and I'm ok with that match up. Big Vince is having a bit of a rejuvenation season, that's concerning, but Dan Koppen practiced against him for an eon. Koppen has also become more acclimated with Denver's blocking scheme since the last time we played you guys.

Jerod Mayo, and Brandon Spikes are a definite concern. How are you guys using Donta Hightower?

DivineLegion
01-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Not really. They need a solid rush up the middle. Like Manning, Brady makes too quick of decisions to have much success rushing from the ends. But our coverage has improved quite a bit.. so hopefully, we play man and give those guys time to get in there. SF was playing man in the first half, and they were doing great. They switched to zone after the half, and *poof*... it went badly. I think we should play man.

Justin Tuck should have been Super Bowl MVP last year, it's a shame defensive players don't get the credit they deserve.

It's going to be interesting to see how JDR copes with this reality. So far this season our scheme has been to stretch offensive lines out, not punch up the middle. I hope we use a lot of stunts, try to swing Von and Elvis inside a little bit, and let the tackles push up field. So much of what we do requires them to hold at the POA, we have to score early, and often to free up our defenders inside.

TD4HOF
01-03-2013, 10:47 PM
If ur not rooting for Brady-Manning, ur against America.

Also, the jinx quotient is quite high in this discussion. Is this the year 1996?

DivineLegion
01-03-2013, 11:10 PM
If ur not rooting for Brady-Manning, ur against Merica.

Also, the jinx quotient is quite high in this discussion. Is this the year 1996?

FYP

It's un-American to call America, America, in America it's pronounced Merica.

Patriot 37
01-04-2013, 05:42 AM
As a fan of Nebraska football I'm not surprised to see Dennard play at such a high level in the NFL. He reminds me a lot of Antoine Caison, not a world beater athlete, but his game speed translates. The only thing I feel like you guys are going to have trouble with is getting to Manning. If the Broncos can get Chris Kuper back, I believe we can dominate inside, that would put a ton of pressure on Chandler Jones to beat Clady, and I'm ok with that match up. Big Vince is having a bit of a rejuvenation season, that's concerning, but Dan Koppen practiced against him for an eon. Koppen has also become more acclimated with Denver's blocking scheme since the last time we played you guys.

Jerod Mayo, and Brandon Spikes are a definite concern. How are you guys using Donta Hightower?

Chandler Jones has been very good against the run but inconsitant as a pass rusher, I be suprised if Clady had too much trouble with him. None of our interior guys a great pass rushers either. The last 3 games against the Broncos Ninkovich has played really well so I be concerned more about him. Suprised how well Koppen has played for you. I watched him in training camp and was get abused by Kyle Love and Ron Brace. Denver had luck with 265 lb BC centers. Hightower is our starting SAM, he played pretty well for a rookie. Lately he replaced Spikes as in the nickel, don't know if this because of Spikes being banged up or he's out played him.

Gator20134
01-04-2013, 05:47 AM
Chandler Jones is beastly and if you mess with him, his older bro will come and ground and pound you!

LOL

RedskinBronco
01-04-2013, 05:52 AM

Just follow the Giants blueprint. NE has no answer to that and Brady gets flustered. Of course no one in the media dares bash Brady or dare mention his kryptonite.

Gator20134
01-04-2013, 05:58 AM
Its not that easy. You need the players, scheme, timing, etc.

Otherwise schools like Ole Miss would just say "lets follow the blue print of Alabama and be a National Champ. contender every year". I can buy a book of how to coach basketball written by Coach K and watch 1,000 Duke games but still not coach like him. Sheesh.

RedskinBronco
01-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Broncos have the personnel and schemes. That was my point.

SF, seattle and Denver are the playoff teams that could rattle Brady and pull off giants type strategy against that pansy

Gator20134
01-04-2013, 06:52 AM
We'll see the last time NE was just a force.

Bronco X
01-04-2013, 07:11 AM
As far as how the last time went goes, remember just two years ago the Jets lost 45-3 to the Pats in the regular season. A few weeks later they returned to Foxborough and knocked the 14-2 Pats out of the playoffs.

Gator20134
01-04-2013, 07:18 AM
Agreed prior meetings don't really mean much I guess? Does anyone know did NE have both their TEs healthy last time?

BroncoBeavis
01-04-2013, 07:24 AM
No. Hernandez was out if I remember right. I don't think Gronk was 100% either for some reason.

Gator20134
01-04-2013, 07:33 AM
No. Hernandez was out if I remember right. I don't think Gronk was 100% either for some reason.

Thats what scares me. Cannot really study film as they have rarely been together and they may unleash packages that mystify the D.

patsfanXII
01-04-2013, 04:17 PM
I hate the ****ing Patriots; that's the number 1 team I hate even more than the cowboys. I hope they lose next week, but if not, PLEASE PLEASE let's blow them the **** out. I want Belichik and his ****s completely humiliated. RUN UP THE SCORE

The Pats can match the Broncos point for point.

patsfanXII
01-04-2013, 04:24 PM

Thats why NE needs to win.

Its been too long since their last Championship.

RedskinBronco
01-04-2013, 04:25 PM
The Pats can match the Broncos point for point.

Not with this denver defense. You will get blown the **** out.

Now back to the pats board big guy

Sarg
01-04-2013, 04:48 PM

I couldn't agree more, it really ******* me off that the Colts beat the Texans to give the Pats the 2nd seed, every time you turn around that bunch of bums gets break after break!!!

patsfanXII
01-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Not with this denver defense. You will get blown the **** out.

Now back to the pats board big guy

Denvers defense is ranked very high, but I wonder if those numbers are skewed somewhat from playing anemic offenses and particularly bad passing teams?

7 games vs KC 32nd pass, SD 16th pass, Oak 20th pass and Cleveland 27th pass. 3 of those teams fired their HC and GM to give you an example how terrible they played in 2012. Denvers 3 losses were against good passing teams Atl 10th pass, NE 1st pass and Houston 14th pass (passing well at the time) http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff2012

I like the Pats chances.

RedskinBronco
01-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Denvers defense is ranked very high, but I wonder if those numbers are skewed somewhat from playing anemic offenses and particularly bad passing teams?

7 games vs KC 32nd pass, SD 16th pass, Oak 20th pass and Cleveland 27th pass. 3 of those teams fired their HC and GM to give you an example how terrible they played in 2012. Denvers 3 losses were against good passing teams Atl 10th pass, NE 1st pass and Houston 14th pass (passing well at the time) http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff2012

I like the Pats chances.

Pray that you don't make it to the AFC Championship. Denver's defense will SMOKE you in that environment.

Mile High Crowd with Von Miller, Dumervil pass rushing and those corners?

I will say it because I have said it before; this is NOT shanahan defense. This is Jack Del Rio and John Fox.

You will see. I'll be here ready to eat crow but I doubt it, you will get demolished.

patsfanXII
01-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Pray that you don't make it to the AFC Championship. Denver's defense will SMOKE you in that environment.

I will say it because I have said it before; this is NOT shanahan defense. This is Jack Del Rio and John Fox.

You will see. I'll be here ready to eat crow but I doubt it, you will get demolished.

Brady owns Jack Del Rio.

RedskinBronco
01-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Brady owns Jack Del Rio.

I hope you are back on this board when Denver wins but I doubt you will be.

Von Miller will own Brady. Not that I wish it upon him, but I bet there is a good chance Von Miller knocks Brady out of the game.

Look out, it's coming.

Now I want the NE vs. DEN game just so you come back on this board and take the beating.

patsfanXII
01-04-2013, 05:20 PM

Brady has never lost to a JDR defense.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200312140nwe.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200601070nwe.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200612240jax.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200801120nwe.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200912270nwe.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201210070nwe.htm

RedskinBronco
01-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Brady has never lost to a JDR defense.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200312140nwe.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200601070nwe.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200612240jax.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200801120nwe.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200912270nwe.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201210070nwe.htm

Be as delusional as you want.

He has Von Miller and a tremendous supporting cast

Patriot 37
01-04-2013, 05:28 PM

Anyone who thinks the Broncos D will shut down the Pats (or the Pats D will shut down the Broncos O) is nuts. Base on what ? 44, 41 31 points last 13 months. I don't no why your are putting down Shanahan, he is only coach in the NFL who has on mutiple occassions outcoached Belichick (IMO). The "walk around D" they used 2005 was brillant. Del Rio and Fox's record against BB is like 1-11 or something (too lazy too look up).

DBroncos4life
01-04-2013, 05:41 PM

I like the Pats chances.

Made up stats sites are fun.

patsfanXII
01-04-2013, 05:48 PM
Made up stats sites are fun.

Theres no way the Broncos will shut down the NE pass game.

Old Dude
01-04-2013, 05:54 PM
There's really only two things I'm sure about.

1. Denver's offense is a lot more potent this year than last, and if these teams meet in the playoffs, it won't be a cakewalk like last year.

2. Beating the Pats would be sweet revenge for the 70,000 plus insane Bronco fanatics at the game. Expect some noise.

DBroncos4life
01-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Theres no way the Broncos will shut down the NE pass game.

I agree. Still Denver has faced some of the best QB's in the NFL and we haven't allowed a 300 yard passer. You claim the Raiders are a poor passing team, yet they finished 8th in the NFL in yards passing and 13th in passing TD's. Quite different from the 20th ranking that outsiders site gave them.
Anyways good luck in the playoffs and have fun on the board.

RedskinBronco
01-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Del Rio and Fox's record against BB is like 1-11 or something (too lazy too look up).

ok give me a team they had that was as good as this Broncos team.

TD4HOF
01-04-2013, 07:07 PM
FYP

It's un-American to call America, America, in America it's pronounced Merica.

**** YEAH!

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-04-2013, 07:30 PM
i got 5,280 reasons above sea level why the broncos will beat the pats by at least 7.
like to see the pats run a fast paced no huddle here . hope brady can yell louder than 70 plus thousand fans to audible in and out of plays .only way Denver loses if they beat them selves with stupid fumbles, ints and penalties then the pats can win

DivineLegion
01-04-2013, 10:07 PM

I like the Pats chances.

Aren't you clever...

Does it help you sleep at night to leave out the #2, 9, and 16th ranked offenses the Broncos beat? By your logic the Broncos offensive personnel should be salivating for an opportunity to play a defense who couldn't stop the 32nd ranked offense in the league. We both know this isn't a logical argument, nice try though.

The Broncos lost to the Pats, and Falcons because they found themselves on the wrong side of the turnover ratio. The Pats game was a series of special teams mistakes that gifted your offense 14 points. Against the Falcons, Peyton had a miserable first half in the face of a great defensive game plan. The Broncos actually played exceptionally well against Matt Ryan, I'm pretty sure we gave up 17 points off turnovers in that game. The Texans game was the only game where the Broncos were handled. A series of poor plays from the secondary put the Broncos in catchup mode early. This resulted in the Texans defense (when they still had LBs) teeing off on the Broncos offense. If we played the Texans right now we would crush them, they are so depleted on defense.

By all accounts the Broncos are 13-1, with two games early in the season where they beat themselves.

224 yards passing for Brady is below average, sacked 6 times, mmmm m mmmmmmm; I can't wait for the rematch.

DENVERDUI55
01-04-2013, 10:40 PM
First the task is to get by the inspired and highly physical Ravens squad. They will be motivated for several reasons.

Ravens are dog poop. Outside of first three weeks they have been very average. Their D is weak and far from what it once was. Flacco is well Flacco. I would love them in 2 nd rd.

RedskinBronco
01-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Ravens are dog poop. Outside of first three weeks they have been very average. Their D is weak and far from what it once was. Flacco is well Flacco. I would love them in 2 nd rd.

Ditto.

These are not your father's ravens (or the ravens of the past decade).

patsfanXII
01-05-2013, 04:58 AM
Aren't you clever...

Does it help you sleep at night to leave out the #2, 9, and 16th ranked offenses the Broncos beat?
The Broncos are the 2nd ranked offense per FO.

The only top 10 offenses that Denver beat were NO and Car. My point is still valid that Denver beat up on some real bad offenses.

By your logic the Broncos offensive personnel should be salivating for an opportunity to play a defense who couldn't stop the 32nd ranked offense in the league. We both know this isn't a logical argument, nice try though.

The AZ defense won that game for the Cards that day. They rank 6th. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef2012

The Broncos lost to the Pats, and Falcons because they found themselves on the wrong side of the turnover ratio. The Pats game was a series of special teams mistakes that gifted your offense 14 points. Against the Falcons, Peyton had a miserable first half in the face of a great defensive game plan. The Broncos actually played exceptionally well against Matt Ryan, I'm pretty sure we gave up 17 points off turnovers in that game. The Texans game was the only game where the Broncos were handled. A series of poor plays from the secondary put the Broncos in catchup mode early. This resulted in the Texans defense (when they still had LBs) teeing off on the Broncos offense. If we played the Texans right now we would crush them, they are so depleted on defense.

The bottom line is that theres talk on here of blowing NE out. Thats not going to happen unless the Pats morph into the Chiefs.

By all accounts the Broncos are 13-1, with two games early in the season where they beat themselves.

The Pats lost 3 games by a combined 4 points.

The record is what it is.

224 yards passing for Brady is below average, sacked 6 times, mmmm m mmmmmmm; I can't wait for the rematch.

True, but NE ran for 251 yards.

Brady didnt need to light it up and IIRC, NE ran mostly in the 4th quarter to burn clock because they were up so much.

DENVERDUI55
01-05-2013, 09:04 AM

he only top 10 offenses that Denver beat were NO and Car. My point is still valid that Denver beat up on some real bad offenses.

Well first off some of those offenses are ranked low because of the way Denver dominated them. Tampa was considered a good offense too and was shut down. Atlanta was shut down pretty well considering there were 3 TO's in the first half and Denver was down only 10-0 until Moreno put it on the ground again. Denver D stepped up just like New England game and allowed the offense to get back into it. You have to account for early struggles in the year in the first half of games on offense to all the new players.

The AZ defense won that game for the Cards that day. They rank 6th. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef2012

The Cardinal D is not near as good as Denver D. I actually have watched them a lot since my GF has season tickets to the Cardinals. They are top 10 but can't dominate a game like the Denver D did. They got away with it early in the year with schemes but were getting trashed late in the year and lost 58-0 to seattle.

The bottom line is that theres talk on here of blowing NE out. Thats not going to happen unless the Pats morph into the Chiefs.
I agree I think the game could be similar to the 2005 game and come down to a defensive play for either team. Denver has been lights out at home all but Houston game.

Brady didnt need to light it up and IIRC, NE ran mostly in the 4th quarter to burn clock because they were up so much.

New England got nervous at the end of the game. Nothing makes Belly make quick illadvised decisions like Peyton Manning on a roll. He started going for 4 th downs that backfired in the early game in fear of giving it back to Denver. I think this will be a better game than the SB and look forward to it. I think winner of this game wins the SB. Thanks for talking football instead of just troll you suck posts.

DivineLegion
01-05-2013, 11:48 AM

The only top 10 offenses that Denver beat were NO and Car. My point is still valid that Denver beat up on some real bad offenses.

Oh right, I thought you were talking about Total offense, not a metric.

I understand that, what I said was an intentionally flawed argument, hints the "your logic" sarcastic response.

Agreed, I don't think there is a snowballs chance in Hell that the Broncos blow out the Pats. People like to exaggerate their smack talk, puff their chests out, and pretend like outlandish claims are somehow intemidating.

Oh I know, I'm not underestimating the Pats. They are still the best team in football until the Broncos beat them. A good friend of mine is a Dolphins fan, and as a result I follow the AFC east very closely. I've seen enough of Tom Brady embarrassing good pass defenses to know what we are up against.

They were also calling two plays at the LOS in order to keep up a Chip Kelly pace, that's not going to happen at 5280.

You guys had 4 long drives in that game for 24 points, we gave you another 7 for the final score of 31. See above.

It's going to be a great game if it happens.

MrPeepers
01-05-2013, 03:26 PM
you do not see the Broncos at home beating the pats? Really? Really??? Hilarious!

thats how 2005 felt, and that bailey pick on brady was so sweet. the rest is history...

just bring everyone to denver and let the fans lift up the team.

CEH
01-05-2013, 03:30 PM
thats how 2005 felt, and that bailey pick on brady was so sweet. the rest is history...

just bring everyone to denver and let the fans lift up the team.

NE in 2005 A two time defending Super Bowl champion whose team is a hell of a lot better than this team

RedskinBronco
01-05-2013, 03:35 PM
We will injure Brady. Book it.

I am not wishing it, I just know it WILL happen. Offseason rehab for Mr. Gisele