PDA

View Full Version : Going into the 2012 NFL Playoffs...would you rather have Fox or Shanahan?

Action
01-02-2013, 05:07 AM
Simple question... forget about bye weeks and all that...

Out of the 2, who would you want to be the head coach of your team for the 2012 NFL Playoffs?

If it's not already obvious, your goal would be to bring the Lombardi home. ;)

Blueflame
01-02-2013, 06:12 AM
With what DC? I mean... Shanahan + Jack Del Rio would be awesome... but Shanahan + Bob Slowik; no thanks.

DENVERDUI55
01-02-2013, 06:16 AM
Baja is that you?

ColoradoDarin
01-02-2013, 06:24 AM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/dhaus5650/perfecttiming021.jpg

Pick Six
01-02-2013, 06:52 AM
Shanahan + Kubiak + Manning + Del Rio would be awesome. I wouldn't take it any other way...

oubronco
01-02-2013, 06:53 AM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/dhaus5650/perfecttiming021.jpg

Kept her perfect form...........10

CEH
01-02-2013, 07:07 AM
My New Year's resolution is to look at the future not the past.
Wish all former Broncos well but spend most of my energy moving forward with my favorite team

Pass

colonelbeef
01-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Always take the guy who has already been there.....twice. No slight against Fox, who I like as a coach, but Shanahan is the best offensive coach of the last 20 years in the NFL and a future HOfer. Fox is a very good coach.

Unless of course you are a complete moron like Action of course

cmhargrove
01-02-2013, 08:33 AM
No option for Alfred Morris?

I'll just take our current team + Morris.

BroncoBeavis
01-02-2013, 08:37 AM
With what DC? I mean... Shanahan + Jack Del Rio would be awesome... but Shanahan + Bob Slowik; no thanks.

Well played.

ColoradoDarin
01-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Put another way - would you rather have Peyton or Cutler?

bronco militia
01-02-2013, 08:49 AM
shanahan with Elway or Plummer?

Drunk Monkey
01-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Shanahan with Floyd Little or TD?

Dr. Broncenstein
01-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Obvious troll is obvious.

bronco militia
01-02-2013, 09:06 AM
John Fox with Tebow or Manning?

Kaylore
01-02-2013, 09:07 AM
I'm not participating in this stupid poll.

bronco militia
01-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Baja is that you?

LOLLOLLOL

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-02-2013, 09:12 AM
This is easy. Fox knows our players and schemes. Shanny would have to learn everything in one week!

SoCalBronco
01-02-2013, 09:24 AM
Fox has done good work. I'll go with Shanny. Not a tough choice.

BroncoBeavis
01-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Fox has done good work. I'll go with Shanny. Not a tough choice.

I liked Shanny, but this defense was unattainable with him as Emperor.

There will probably come a game in these playoffs where this D saves our bacon. We're not contenders without it.

Agamemnon
01-02-2013, 09:45 AM
This thread is idiotic.

DBroncos4life
01-02-2013, 10:31 AM
No McD, no vote.

theAPAOps5
01-02-2013, 10:33 AM

That's my vote too. Or maybe all of the above.

Irish Stout
01-02-2013, 10:46 AM
I voted but I think its stupid. Shanny hasn't been to the playoffs since 2006. Fox was there last year. Shanny doesn't know this team right now, Fox does. If Shanny were our coach, this team wouldn't look anything like it does and we might not be where we are. If Shanny were our coach John Elway would likely not be involved in the GM'ing of the team. If Shanny were our coach we probably don't have Manning.

Right here, right now, Fox has the Broncos playing hearts out and lights out. You ride the horse that took you to the show, and when the Bronco bucks, you don't buck back.

Irish Stout
01-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Hey guys who would you rather have going into the playoffs, McDaniels or a bowl of corn flakes?

bowtown
01-02-2013, 10:52 AM
derp derp

Dr. Broncenstein
01-02-2013, 10:59 AM
What's your favorite planet?

Mine's the sun.

Action
01-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Always take the guy who has already been there.....twice. No slight against Fox, who I like as a coach, but Shanahan is the best offensive coach of the last 20 years in the NFL and a future HOfer. Fox is a very good coach.

Unless of course you are a complete moron like Action of course

Such a garbage post. A guy who hasn't been there for 14 years Hilarious! Do you realize how much the NFL has changed?

Best offensive coach in the NFL is also another trash statement considering there have been so many better offensive NFL head coaches.

Sean Payton
Mike McCarthy
Bill Belichick

I was taking this poll to see how the omane feels about Fox. Obviously, he gets little credit to what he's done.

I have no idea how McDaniels made his way into this thread, but I already know he would because he owns the souls of many on the omane.

Let me also add to that list, that McDaniels would run LAPS around Shanahan as an offensive coach Hilarious!

It's funny how people would still pick Shanahan a guy who has accomplished a damn thing in the past 12 years outside of a playoff win, and hasn't seen the playoffs for the past 7 years... and outside of this 7 game win streak the Redskins are on, Shanahan would be facing massive scrutiny... and Shanahan would be tagged as doing a ****ty job for the 3 years he's been there.

Action
01-02-2013, 11:32 AM
It's sad that people would still like to have a Shanahan coached team. Soft as tissue paper.

Soft as a baby's ass cheeks.

Action
01-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Shanahan + Kubiak + Manning + Del Rio would be awesome. I wouldn't take it any other way...

I highly doubt Manning's numbers would be any higher than it already is. Manning wouldn't be running that type of offense to its full capability considering he isn't mobile to the slightest degree.

DBroncos4life
01-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Hey guys who would you rather have going into the playoffs, McDaniels or a bowl of corn flakes?

corn flakes

Action
01-02-2013, 11:47 AM

You really shouldn't participate in anything considering you suggested DT should be traded at the 5th week in the season after 2 fumbles...also curiously making up that he was consistantly running bad routes. Hilarious!

Obviously, you don't have much intelligence to add to any type of discussion.

You're the type of poster who:

When Broncos lose/losing: Blow up whole team, blame players that you don't like, blame players that were drafted by someone you don't like, blame everyone but players you like. Oh yeah, blow up team.

When Broncos win: Happy. Give credit to everyone since you feel good.

Sound familiar?

Yeah, a 10 year old kid would be proud of you.

TonyR
01-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Not a tough choice.

LOL Aren't you also one of the people who chose Tebow over Manning in that now famous poll from earlier this year?!?

Action
01-02-2013, 11:50 AM
corn flakes

McDaniels owns your soul.

Is this you half your day when you think about him:

http://courtsideconvo.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/wrestler_angry_gif.gif

No I mean seriously...I HONESTLY think that's the face you guys make when you talk about him in every thread that has nothing to do with him... can't even imagine what you guys look like when there are threads that are directly correlated to him.

bowtown
01-02-2013, 11:59 AM
http://img4-1.cookinglight.timeinc.net/i/2012/03/1203p134-philly-cheesesteak-ck-l.jpg?400:400

teknic
01-02-2013, 12:00 PM
You really shouldn't participate in anything considering you suggested DT should be traded at the 5th week in the season after 2 fumbles...also curiously making up that he was consistantly running bad routes. Hilarious!

Obviously, you don't have much intelligence to add to any type of discussion.

You're the type of poster who:

When Broncos lose/losing: Blow up whole team, blame players that you don't like, blame players that were drafted by someone you don't like, blame everyone but players you like. Oh yeah, blow up team.

When Broncos win: Happy. Give credit to everyone since you feel good.

Sound familiar?

Yeah, a 10 year old kid would be proud of you.

If you don't think that Manning has significantly helped to improve Thomas' route running ability this season, then you're an idiot.

All this "I'm a better fan than you" bull**** is getting really old.

OBF1
01-02-2013, 12:05 PM
I know 3 for sure shanny nut tuggers that will vote yes.... SoDCskinfan, Rev and captain beef. For some reason none of them will ever move on or admit shanny was fired for failing in Denver.

What did shanny ever accomplish without Elway and TD? Also if you had shanny the maniac, he would have fired Elway as VP because the little guy wants all the power he can have and do you think for a minute that shanny the tyrant would let Manning run his own offense and change plays without first consulting with tan man?

Action
01-02-2013, 12:07 PM
If you don't think that Manning has significantly helped to improve Thomas' route running ability this season, then you're an idiot.

Where did you get the idea that I said anything about Manning not helping Thomas' (and Decker) improve his route running abilities?

Of course he did... but the most important thing about Manning is how fast the progress was made because of how much practice time he demands along with how much experience he has. Thomas probably wouldn't be this far along for another few years had it not been for Manning.

Manning has made ALL the difference in the world but there has to be some sort of talent there to begin with.

No, what's getting old is McDaniels being brought up all the time. I'm not saying I'm a better fan, I'm just saying I'm not as stupid of a fan (regards to Kaylore)

Action
01-02-2013, 12:11 PM
I know 3 for sure shanny nut tuggers that will vote yes.... SoDCskinfan, Rev and captain beef. For some reason none of them will ever move on or admit shanny was fired for failing in Denver.

What did shanny ever accomplish without Elway and TD? Also if you had shanny the maniac, he would have fired Elway as VP because the little guy wants all the power he can have and do you think for a minute that shanny the tyrant would let Manning run his own offense and change plays without first consulting with tan man?

Sorry, not allowed to use the "what has Shanny accomplished without Elway and TD" logic, but it's allowed to be used with every other coach people have something against.

Let's be honest, Shanny would fire Bowlen if he could.LOL

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-02-2013, 12:13 PM
John fox leads shanny 25-6 in your poll, yet you say there's no love for fox?

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Sorry, not allowed to use the "what has Shanny accomplished without Elway and TD" logic, but it's allowed to be used with every other coach people have something against.

Let's be honest, Shanny would fire Bowlen if he could.LOL

Without Shanahan Terrell Davis would NOT exist as a bronco. And that is fact

Action
01-02-2013, 12:15 PM
John fox leads shanny 25-6 in your poll, yet you say there's no love for fox?

I probably over exaggerated when I said he get's no credit... but in regards to the poll numbers, the actual posts in here don't show that. And it seems like a few people voted Fox just based of the fact that he knows this team better and he has a better DC even though in the OP I clearly said, disregard all that.

But, the fact that Fox has hired a better DC could than Shanny had in his whole entire NFL career should say something.

Action
01-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Without Shanahan Terrell Davis would NOT exist as a bronco. And that is fact

What's that got to do with my post?

bowtown
01-02-2013, 12:18 PM
I probably over exaggerated when I said he get's no credit... but in regards to the poll numbers, the actual posts in here don't show that. And it seems like a few people voted Fox just based of the fact that he knows this team better and he has a better DC even though in the OP I clearly said, disregard all that.

But, the fact that Fox has hired a better DC could than Shanny had in his whole entire NFL career should say something.

Yes, it says that Fox is a defensive-minded HC. Herpy derpy.

Irish Stout
01-02-2013, 12:18 PM
No, what's getting old is McDaniels being brought up all the time. I'm not saying I'm a better fan, I'm just saying I'm not as stupid of a fan (regards to Kaylore)

You'd be really stupid to call yourself stupid. So at least you're not that stupid.

Alas... you're not that bright either and your troll was obvious. Cheers to you for bringing up McD in response to something that had nothing to do with McD.

But really serious question here, would you rather have Wade Phillips or Josh McDaniels coaching the team during this bye week, if we were going to get Fox back next week? What if we were going to get Shanny back next week? This is really important and it will show how dumb everyone is because they can't possibly understand the complexities of possible, but not plausible, alternate Broncos universes in which they have hard ons for certain coaches.

or... WHAT ABOUT IF GEORGE KARL COACHED THE BRONCOS THIS WEEK!?!?!? MIND = BLOWN!

Taco John
01-02-2013, 12:19 PM
I really like John Fox, and I love the situation we're in. But if you're giving me a choice between Fox and Shanahan, this is a no-brainer. I take the coach who offers the most on game day.

Play2win
01-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Fox and its not even close.

With Fox, we have Elway, JDR, and Peyton Manning. With shanny, I doubt we have any of those.

Action
01-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Yes, it says that Fox is a defensive-minded HC. Herpy derpy.

Fox has also coached a statistically better offense this season than Shanahan has his entire career. (in regards to yards and points)

Herpy.

Derpy.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-02-2013, 12:25 PM

Could be cause the shanny lover voices are louder.

Action
01-02-2013, 12:25 PM
But really serious question here, would you rather have Wade Phillips or Josh McDaniels coaching the team during this bye week

That's actually a legitimate question. Everything else you said was apples and oranges.

I gave you 2 head coaches that don't call plays, and asked who would you rather have as your HC for the 2012 playoffs?

That's all. The rest is up to your creativity and way of thinking... the foundation of the question is clear as day.

TD4HOF
01-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Whatever to this thread, but I'll say this: John Fox's ability to run a pro football team is seriously underrated. Plus, if you choose Shanny, you're taking his dictator Coach/GM style. I like the management set up we have now.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-02-2013, 12:26 PM
What's that got to do with my post?

People who bring up TD being the reason we won SBs should realize it was shanahan who believed in him. Certainly he was overlooked by the league.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Whatever to this thread, but I'll say this: John Fox's ability to run a pro football team is seriously underrated. Plus, if you choose Shanny, you're taking his dictator Coach/GM style. I like the management set up we have now.

What is hard for me to forgive shanny for is his undying love for bob Slowik.

Action
01-02-2013, 12:28 PM
I really like John Fox, and I love the situation we're in. But if you're giving me a choice between Fox and Shanahan, this is a no-brainer. I take the coach who offers the most on game day.

What does this mean? The coach who offers the most on game day.

Action
01-02-2013, 12:30 PM
People who bring up TD being the reason we won SBs should realize it was shanahan who believed in him. Certainly he was overlooked by the league.

The point that I was making was that people like to use the fact that certain people haven't succeeded with certain players/talent. Like if I say, what has Sean Payton done without Drew Brees? What was Mike McCoy without Manning? But they only use this logic when it benefits them.

Never did I, nor anyone, not give credit to Shanahan for finding and developing Terrelll Davis.

Irish Stout
01-02-2013, 12:32 PM
That's actually a legitimate question. Everything else you said was apples and oranges.

I gave you 2 head coaches that don't call plays, and asked who would you rather have as your HC for the 2012 playoffs?

That's all. The rest is up to your creativity and way of thinking... the foundation of the question is clear as day.

What, you don't like George Karl?

Ooooooo, what if this team under Fox faced the 1997 team under Shanahan? What if Wade Phillips was the D-Coordinator under Shanny and McD the O-coordinator under Fox? Which team would you root for? Which would win?

Now, pretend that Knowshon is running for the 97 team and TD is running for the 2012 team. What if Brock was Elway's backup and Brian Griese was Peyton's?

Its like the perennial Bacon or Sausage question.

Action
01-02-2013, 12:38 PM

Ooooooo, what if this team under Fox faced the 1997 team under Shanahan? What if Wade Phillips was the D-Coordinator under Shanny and McD the O-coordinator under Fox? Which team would you root for? Which would win?

Now, pretend that Knowshon is running for the 97 team and TD is running for the 2012 team. What if Brock was Elway's backup and Brian Griese was Peyton's?

My question is no where near the examples you are giving. You're doing a pretty horrible job at mocking my poll.

TheReverend
01-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Action -

Have you already picked out your next username after this one gets permabanned or laughed off the forum like your others?

Genuinely curious,
TheReverend

Mountain Bronco
01-02-2013, 12:42 PM
What was the point of this poll/post? Get the F over it folks, Shanny is gone, we are a number 1 seed, enjoy it.

rbackfactory80
01-02-2013, 12:46 PM
With manning it's obviously Shanahan.

Irish Stout
01-02-2013, 12:48 PM
My question is no where near the examples you are giving. You're doing a pretty horrible job at mocking my poll.

Quit being a stupid fan like Kaylore. These are legitimate and important questions.

Mile High 81
01-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Fox and Shanny vs the Pats. He owns Billy Boy LOL

Irish Stout
01-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Fox and Shanny vs the Pats. He owns Billy Boy LOL

There it is, the real question that should have been asked:

Would you rather have Fox and Shanny as co-HC's over this team? What if it meant McD was the GM?

Shanny does own the Pats and with Manning under QB, he'd no longer have to fear the Colts and all those beatings they gave us back in the 2000s. On the other hand, Fox has experience getting to and winning playoff games in the last decade, including a super bowl. He also appears better able to connect with and motivate his players than Shanny did here in his last years. It would be the best two headed coaching beast of all time.

crawdad
I really like Mike Shanahan and always have. I like John Fox and believe that he allows PMFM and his coaches to run the game. I think Mike is more of a micro-manager.

jerseyboiler120
Going into the 2012 playoffs, I like Fox better. Going into the 1997 and 1998 playoffs I like Shanny. Too many circumstances are different for an apples to apples answer, especially after our hindsight of Shanny's performance after given too much power.

bowtown
01-02-2013, 01:00 PM
There it is, the real question that should have been asked:

Would you rather have Fox and Shanny as co-HC's over this team? What if it meant McD was the GM?

Depends on whether we still had Tuten or were using Power Plate Pilates, or if Greek was actually replaced by Dr. Johnny Fever like I've been screaming for for years.

ZONA
01-02-2013, 01:02 PM
I choose reality vs hypothetical fantasy.

Fox

Irish Stout
01-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Depends on whether we still had Tuten or were using Power Plate Pilates, or if Greek was actually replaced by Dr. Johnny Fever.

Oh man! Your understanding of the complexities and nuances of this particular line of questioning is almost above comprehension. I think a third choice needs to be included in the OP's poll, which states: "Whatever bowtown says."

I'd change my vote.

BroncoBeavis
01-02-2013, 01:28 PM
Assuming current personnel are left mostly in place and we limit the impact to only gameplanning and on-the-field head coaching, I'd take the MM.

Because that's not possible, I picked Foxy.

Taco John
01-02-2013, 01:31 PM
What does this mean? The coach who offers the most on game day.

Uh what? How can you be confused about this?

yerner
01-02-2013, 01:34 PM
With this roster? Fox, if nothing more for the defensive scheme and gameplan. I really feel he's going to come up with something special for the playoffs. I think there is going to be some big hitting and turnovers coming. Also, look for a big play or two from the zombie formerly known as DJ Williams.

broncocalijohn
01-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Shanahan doesn't know our offense and Fox does so it is obvious choice for Fox.
If it was for the Redskins team, I would have choosen Shanny. :)

TonyR
01-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Call me crazy but I'll take the guy who just coached the Broncos to a 13-3 season.

SeedReaver
01-02-2013, 01:43 PM

Bacon, if going for taste.

Sausage, if going for a hearty meal.

Wait, what was this thread about?

TD4HOF
01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Call me crazy but I'll take the guy who just coached the Broncos to a 13-3 season.

Ur nuts, seek help.

Shanahaz is da shazzit.

TheReverend
01-02-2013, 03:03 PM

As opposed to the guy who coached the Broncos to a 14-2 season, 2 superbowl wins, and matched the current 13-3 that you're enamored with with Jake effing Plummer as opposed to Peyton Manning?

lol okay, man

Tombstone RJ
01-02-2013, 04:04 PM
I'll take Fox. Fox has Manning, Shanahan does not. A HoF QB makes a good coach great and Shanny is example A, in case anyone hadn't noticed this yet.

Bacchus
01-02-2013, 04:32 PM

Out of the 2, who would you want to be the head coach of your team for the 2012 NFL Playoffs?

That is a great question.....wow, I guess i would say I don't know. I have a lot of confidence in Fox, but Shanahan.. hmmmm... I'll choose the SOB option on this one.

bowtown
01-02-2013, 04:50 PM
I'll take Fox. Fox has Manning, Shanahan does not. A HoF QB makes a good coach great and Shanny is example A, in case anyone hadn't noticed this yet.

I didn't realize the options were Fox and Manning or Shanahan and some scrub QB.

RedskinBronco
01-02-2013, 04:53 PM
As opposed to the guy who coached the Broncos to a 14-2 season, 2 superbowl wins, and matched the current 13-3 that you're enamored with with Jake effing Plummer as opposed to Peyton Manning?

lol okay, man

Ok rev, I am going to bite on this one.

You are entitled to your own opinion and I am not going to argue shanahan vs. fox as both have done a great job with their respective teams.

I just want to know 2 things: 1) It's obvious you believe shanahan is one of the best coaches to ever set foot in the NFL, so what made you convinced of this?; and 2) What propels you to want to go after people who feel there are better coaches out there or have a different viewpoint?

I am not mocking you, honest to God. I am genuinely interested as to why the way you are on this board; i.e.; your posting habits and run ins with not just me but other posters.

Honestly, I have no intentions here; I am just really curious about it so I bit.

RedskinBronco
01-02-2013, 04:58 PM
I didn't realize the options were Fox and Manning or Shanahan and some scrub QB.

He is a scrub; look what Cousins did against the cleveland ****s ;)

As schefter said today; it's really as simple as who is your QB in today's league. It's the truth; you have someone elite, you are good.

GB is a garbage team without Rodgers for example.

colonelbeef
01-02-2013, 05:05 PM

neither did I. Figured it was coach A vs coach B given the same talent.

Homer thread either way. equivalent of starting a budweiser chant at a nascar oval

Tombstone RJ
01-02-2013, 05:32 PM

since no rules/stipulations were posted I went with reality instead of hypothetical.

Action
01-02-2013, 05:50 PM

lol okay, man

Yeah, I'll take the the guy whose matched Shanahan's playoff wins in 1 season in Denver vs what Shanahan has accomplished in 12 years.

LOL

Fox and Shanahan met in 2008, Shanahan's last year...I remember that game too. Thought we actually had a chance.

Going into that game...Broncos are 8-5 needing some wins to secure our spot and riding a 2 game winning streak.

Get blown out 30-10 against a "defense coach."

But don't you guys remember? In 2008 we had such an epic and historical offense that we put up 10 points against the Panthers. Fox completely out coached Shanahan that day.

10 points in the first quarter and Broncos never scored again. Held the amazing Jay Cutler to 172 yards and a QBR of 42. LOL

This started the 3 game losing streak that ended our season in San Diego where we got blown out 52-21 in essentially, a playoff game.

This is all the work of yours truly... the coach that "brings the most on game day."

TonyR
01-02-2013, 06:16 PM

lol okay, man

Hilarious! The 14-2 happened in 1998. You were in what, like 6th grade then? I'll give you Plummer in 2005, but how many playoff games has Shanny won since then? And how many has John Fox won?

BroncoMan4ever
01-02-2013, 06:24 PM

What staff is around? If it is the super bowl years Shanahan and staff then I take that in a heartbeat. If it Shanahan and staff after Kubes left then I take Fox and staff

Action
01-02-2013, 06:26 PM
What staff is around? If it is the super bowl years Shanahan and staff then I take that in a heartbeat. If it Shanahan and staff after Kubes left then I take Fox and staff

... Fox's current staff.

vs Shanahan's best staff from the past 7 years.

theAPAOps5
01-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Nothing gets the Mane fired up than a good old Shanny Poll!

DENVERDUI55
01-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Coaches are only as good as their players so I'll take Manning and whoever over Shanny anyday.

HAT
01-02-2013, 07:14 PM
You guys are looking at this all wrong....I've posted time and time again that the correct answer is always the hungriest (least tenured) option. Fox is the correct answer for Denver/Manning. Shanny is the correct answer for DC/RGIII.

A Shanny coached Denver team would be mired in mediocrity

errand
01-02-2013, 10:49 PM
This is easy. Fox knows our players and schemes. Shanny would have to learn everything in one week!

Many who are picking mike over fox of course are going on past history of 2 titles when Mike coached a very talented team.....well Fox is coaching a very talented team as well and he may win a title before it's all over this season

Food for thought-

[] 2012 Broncos did not allow a solitary 300 yard passer....and are the only team this season that can make that claim. By contrast the 1998 team allowed two QB's to do so.

[] 2012 and 1998 Broncos were both #1 seeds

[] 2012 Broncos are one of three teams in NFL history to win 11 or more games by 7 or more points. 1998 Broncos won 13 straight, but won by 7 or more in 5 and 6 games sandwiched between a 5 point win vs. Seattle

[] Both the 1998 and 2012 Broncos swept the division...however the Seahawks were in the AFCW in '98....so '98 went 8-0 while the 2012 went 6-0

[] For those who thought the ST's were even, Colquitt for the 2nd season in a row set the franchise record for net punting average with 42.1 (40.2 last yr.)

We all love that '98 team that dominated the NFL and won a title...but this team is pretty ****ing good too....not as good in some areas, and much better in others. Hopefully it'll win a title and make the debate even more heated.

errand
01-02-2013, 11:15 PM

What's getting old is the b**** whine and moan gang all of a sudden coming in here praising the team and hoping nobody noticed they were trashing them months earlier....you may not like it, but some fans are better than others..

Action
01-02-2013, 11:31 PM
What's getting old is the b**** whine and moan gang all of a sudden coming in here praising the team and hoping nobody noticed they were trashing them months earlier....you may not like it, but some fans are better than others..

Couldn't agree more.

NFLBRONCO
01-02-2013, 11:41 PM
I'll take Fox he hires JDR instead of Slowik types.

For NE game I'd want Shanny. I agree with BM Fox gets outclassed by Billicheat

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 06:40 AM

Its kinda sorta like last year when you called the team below average when Kyle couldn't win with them but then later said they carried Tebow to the playoffs because they started winning games once your dream QB got sat down. LOL

Drek
01-03-2013, 07:17 AM
If we're talking about just swapping Fox for Shanahan starting today and ending after the Super Bowl is over I'd take Shanahan.

If we're talking about a Shanahan coached team year after year I'd take Fox.

Shanahan still makes his hires based too heavily on nepotism and friendships. He wouldn't have someone like JDR here at all because of that. He works in a tight professional network, doesn't like reaching outside it, has had a painfully short leash when he has, and doesn't like giving anyone significant control of any facet of his team. That isn't good long term, as we all saw during his time here.

Further, Shanahan wouldn't have drafted Von Miller or Derek Wolfe as early as he did, as he'd have been far too focused on the offense and continue to make the defense play with the short end of the stick.

None of that changes the fact that Mike Shanahan is the greatest game day coach in the last 20 years or more. He has a football mind like none other on this planet, but he knows it and demands the authority that comes with it. That leads him outside his domain of expertise and creates the problems we're all too familiar with.

SeedReaver
01-03-2013, 07:28 AM
If we're talking about just swapping Fox for Shanahan starting today and ending after the Super Bowl is over I'd take Shanahan.

If we're talking about a Shanahan coached team year after year I'd take Fox.

Shanahan still makes his hires based too heavily on nepotism and friendships. He wouldn't have someone like JDR here at all because of that. He works in a tight professional network, doesn't like reaching outside it, has had a painfully short leash when he has, and doesn't like giving anyone significant control of any facet of his team. That isn't good long term, as we all saw during his time here.

Further, Shanahan wouldn't have drafted Von Miller or Derek Wolfe as early as he did, as he'd have been far too focused on the offense and continue to make the defense play with the short end of the stick.

None of that changes the fact that Mike Shanahan is the greatest game day coach in the last 20 years or more. He has a football mind like none other on this planet, but he knows it and demands the authority that comes with it. That leads him outside his domain of expertise and creates the problems we're all too familiar with.
Couldn't have said it better. It would be too hard not to take Shanahan for just the playoffs, with a team that somebody else had a large hand in building. Shanahan + JDR + Manning = great things. I realize Manning isn't your prototypical West Coast QB, but damn could you imagine the 15 play script with Manning, Thomas, Decker, et al.? We would have 3 TDs before the script was finished.

Irish Stout
01-03-2013, 09:39 AM

Yep, now that you've come out and admitted it, the foundation for the question is clear as day. You've asked a deliberately stupid question so you could waggle your finger at some Broncos fans and tell them how stupid they are and what terrible fans they are. You know what that makes you.... a piss poor fan.

When your team is the #1 seed going into the playoffs and you feel the need to chastise other fans of that same team, for whatever reason, it makes you a dirt bag. Don't be a dirtbag. You're a better fan when you're not a dirt bag.