PDA

View Full Version : NFL Channel: A Football Life

broncosteven
01-01-2013, 12:49 PM
The Tom Coughlin episode had Floyd in it, I knew they were in the same backfield at Syracuse and was hoping they would have Floyd talking about Tom, they didn't disappoint.

It was one of the better episodes.

Mediator12
01-01-2013, 03:32 PM
I think I have seen everyone of those but that one. I have been around football for so long I really enjoy watching the lives that are there under the surface of what the masses see.

Barry Sanders one was epic in my opinion, plus the 95 Browns Art Modell Franchise Meltdown episode was a who's who of NFL GM's, HC's, and college HC's. It was only a matter of time before Belichick was going to win SB's and his former staff are all over the NFL.

broncosteven
01-01-2013, 03:45 PM
I think I have seen everyone of those but that one. I have been around football for so long I really enjoy watching the lives that are there under the surface of what the masses see.

Barry Sanders one was epic in my opinion, plus the 95 Browns Art Modell Franchise Meltdown episode was a who's who of NFL GM's, HC's, and college HC's. It was only a matter of time before Belichick was going to win SB's and his former staff are all over the NFL.

Your right the Browns move was a good one, these have been well done. I like seeing how people evolve over time and figure out what is really important in their lives, you have to see the one on Coughlin he really seems like a smart guy who finally put all the pieces together in his life and knows what is truely important. They played this one at the right time of the year.

maher_tyler
01-01-2013, 03:45 PM

I would love to see that episode. Who of note was on his staff in Cleveland?

broncosteven
01-01-2013, 03:48 PM

Pioli, The GM in Atlanta, Dimetrioff I think, Mike Lombardi (pretty sure), Mangini, couple others. At one point 4 or 5 of them rented an apartment together but they were always at work, it was a funny story about the apartment, check it out the NFLN doesn't have much programming they should be rerunning these all the time.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Watched a bunch of those today. They are all pretty much fantastic, but I especially enjoyed the '94 Browns and Marcus Allen episodes. Enjoyed the Tebow one as well, especially Steve Young's contribution. I have to admit, I got a little emotional watching Ernest Byner break down over the impromptu dog-pound embrace at the end of the last game. That was pretty tough to watch.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-01-2013, 04:19 PM

Off the top of my head:

Nick Saban
Ozzie Newsome
Thomas Demetrioff
Scott Pioli
Eric Mangini
Jim Schwartz
Mike Lombardi

broncosteven
01-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Off the top of my head:

Nick Saban