PDA

View Full Version : You guys are famous

RedskinBronco
01-01-2013, 10:57 AM
http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?377880-If-you-re-into-checking-out-other-forums-warm-your-heart-with-the-Broncos-Orangemane-Forum-s-SNF-Redskins-Cowboys-game-thread

Looks like SoCal and I got their attention with our excessive pissed off comments ;)

edit: some highlights

Although Shanahan was fired and fans were disappointed in his final years in Denver, it's really cool to see that many, (no, not all), but many rooted for his success, and our success, on Sunday night.

Denver fans were invested and it's awesome.

SoCalBronco's intonations of violence against the refs over the delay of game call were pretty enjoyable.---> My favorite LOL

This. I live here in Denver, and everywhere I go wearing Redskins gear, I always get a thumbs up and pepole are like "Love Shanny! go skins" LOL

broncocalijohn
01-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Somewhere on that forum, we have one of our old posters who pretty much bailed and went to the Redskins to root for as their new team. SoCal's anger in our game thread made it look like he has more passion then any old timer in DC. Of course, that always seems to happen with the energy of a newbie (see Chargers stadium when they started dominating last decade.

DHallblows
01-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Congrats, your Shanny slurping pleases Skins fans ::) Proud moment for us all.

Play2win
01-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Timmy Smith.

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2013, 11:37 AM
lol at SoCalBronco... pretty lame.

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2013, 11:37 AM
Oops, I mean SoCalRedskin

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Ooops, my bad. I mean SoCalShanafan.

Rock Chalk
01-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Congrats, your Shanny slurping pleases Skins fans ::) Proud moment for us all.

This.

****ing embarrassing.

Rohirrim
01-01-2013, 11:44 AM
I just wish somebody on the Broncos would have drafted Alfred Morris. Other than that... meh.

Punisher
01-01-2013, 12:02 PM
I can tell you now who ever wins the Redskins Vs Seahawks game will go to the super bowl

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2013, 12:04 PM
I can tell you now who ever wins the Redskins Vs Seahawks game will go to the super bowl

so it's pretty much a lock that neither team will go to the SB.

Punisher
01-01-2013, 12:11 PM
so it's pretty much a lock that neither team will go to the SB.

lmao Remember i can tell the future i was the guy that predicted Peyton Manning a bronco a year before it happened.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100112

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2013, 12:25 PM
lmao Remember i can tell the future i was the guy that predicted Peyton Manning a bronco a year before it happened.

meh, this proves nothing. Manning was gone, the only question is where he would land.

BowlenBall
01-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Timmy Smith.

http://www.firehow.com/images/stories/users/683/retaliate.jpg

Never, ever, ever utter that name on this forum again.

I'm ****ing serious.

Punisher
01-01-2013, 12:29 PM
meh, this proves nothing. Manning was gone, the only question is where he would land.

This good enough for you?

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2928408&postcount=8

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6034987

Do you doubt my psychic ability's now?

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2013, 12:35 PM
This good enough for you?

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2928408&postcount=8

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6034987

Do you doubt my psychic ability's now?

that was a nice call, I'll give you credit for that one.

SoCalBronco
01-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Ahahahahahah.....awesome. :)

TheReverend
01-01-2013, 01:01 PM
Lot of ass chapped Bronco fans ITT because they look stupid since Shanahan is still one of the very best in the bizzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Lot of ass chapped Bronco fans ITT because they look stupid since Shanahan is still one of the very best in the bizzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shanny has got the skins into the wild card which is nice. I think Seattle will expose the skins but we shall see.

Bronkota
01-01-2013, 01:04 PM
I wonder if this guy is a Maner? Image is on front page CNN.com.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/bronkota/130101054108-denver-marijuana-club-new-years-story-top_zps5e5145a3.jpg

TheReverend
01-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Shanny has got the skins into the wild card which is nice. I think Seattle will expose the skins but we shall see.

A revamped, EXTREMELY young, and still developing roster... also with a rookie QB and in one of, if not THE, toughest division in football. Superbowl champs, Cowboys and "Dream Team" = owned.

So "nice" isn't quite the word.

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2013, 01:25 PM
A revamped, EXTREMELY young, and still developing roster... also with a rookie QB and in one of, if not THE, toughest division in football. Superbowl champs, Cowboys and "Dream Team" = owned.

You can say the same thing about the Colts but I don't see you slobbering over them.

SoCalBronco
01-01-2013, 01:28 PM
You can say the same thing about the Colts but I don't see you slobbering over them.

Actually Rev mentioned earlier what a great job Arians did and how he was prolly COY. Nice try tho.

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Actually Rev mentioned earlier what a great job Arians did and how he was prolly COY. Nice try tho.

So I guess Carroll should get COY consideration too? Seattle meets the same criteria. Doh! ;)

spdirty
01-01-2013, 01:34 PM
I still root for Shanny. I believe we never would have gotten those 2 trophies if not for him being our coach. He's a great coach and I hope one day he gets into the hall. I'll try to get tickets for the game next year so I can give him a standing ovation.

Hope he wins a playoff game or 2 this year.

SoCalBronco
01-01-2013, 01:34 PM
So I guess Carroll should get COY consideration too? Seattle meets the same criteria. Doh! ;)

Carroll will be among the top vote getters along with Shanny and Arians I'm sure.

TheReverend
01-01-2013, 01:41 PM

YOU CAUGHT ME!

...psyche, you're an idiot:

I'd say:

1. Arians/Pagano
2. Carroll (<--grew up great friends with his nephew, love Pete Carroll)
3. Shanahan
4. Mike Smith (best record and all, atm at least)
5. Fischer

Agree on both. I'm a huge Zimmer fan and Andy Reids been absurdly successful.

If I were KC my first stop would be to Indy to try courting Arians. He's done such an amazing job as the interim.

I also never want to see Kyle Shanahan in opposing AFCW colors and his time is rapidly approaching.

I would love to see Saban in KC because I hate him with such a violent passion

And many, many more. I've been far and away the biggest Pagano/Arians supporter here this entire season.

Requiem
01-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Mike Shanahan is a legend.

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2013, 01:43 PM
So basically, Shanahan has done a nice job, like I said. you caught me, lol.

KipCorrington25
01-01-2013, 01:47 PM
I'm a Denver fan and could care less what Washington does, why are they excited thinking Denver fans care?

Houshyamama
01-01-2013, 02:29 PM

I'll take that bet. Seahawks will have to play on the road in the Divisional and Conference Champ and they are not a good road team.

Popps
01-01-2013, 02:45 PM
You guys are slow. SoCal runs multiple levels at any one time. The whole man-crush on Cutler, DJ Williams, etc. I bought it for years and then finally realized it was a level.
It's near-genius to be able to keep it up for long with a straight face.

SoCalBronco
01-01-2013, 02:49 PM
You guys are slow. SoCal runs multiple levels at any one time. The whole man-crush on Cutler, DJ Williams, etc. I bought it for years and then finally realized it was a level.
It's near-genius to be able to keep it up for long with a straight face.

Happy New Year buddy :). I enjoy the shtick....but I truly am a huge fan of those guys as well.

Ray Finkle
01-01-2013, 03:05 PM
I always find this funny, it's fine to be a fan of a player or coach after they move on but this undying love is comical.

Do you guys stalk the girls your no longer with as well? "Oh Suzie Crotchfelt, you smelled like tuna and pencil shavings and gave rough handjobs but damn, I miss you..."

TheReverend
01-01-2013, 03:20 PM
I always find this funny, it's fine to be a fan of a player or coach after they move on but this undying love is comical.

Do you guys stalk the girls your no longer with as well? "Oh Suzie Crotchfelt, you smelled like tuna and pencil shavings and gave rough handjobs but damn, I miss you..."

...Is it that rough for you now that your "The insider talk around DC says Mike's on the hotseat" was and is clear bull****? :kiss:

Ray Finkle
01-01-2013, 03:23 PM
...Is it that rough for you now that your "The insider talk around DC says Mike's on the hotseat" was and is clear bull****? :kiss:

Close friend works at a station owned by Synder....yep, I made that up.

TheReverend
01-01-2013, 03:28 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/01/report-redskins-considering-extension-for-mike-shanahan/

Ray Finkle
01-01-2013, 03:31 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/01/report-redskins-considering-extension-for-mike-shanahan/

So you are using a profootball talk article that came out today to prove me wrong about something I wrote 2 months ago? Bravo....

TheReverend
01-01-2013, 03:38 PM
So you are using a profootball talk article that came out today to prove me wrong about something I wrote 2 months ago? Bravo....

There's also the interview with Mike himself where he says he made very clear with Dan in his interview that he needed the full 5 years to get that franchise turned around.

...but hey, we'll just take your lightrail rumor at face value instead of every legitimate source and fact contradicting it.

Durango
01-01-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm a Shanahan fan too, and I wish the Redskins well on the NFC side. I'm sure even Bowlen would've held on to Shanahan with a death grip if he somehow could have seen what was soon to follow.

Mike is a great coach, schemer and game-day strategist, but seems oddly clueless regarding talent evaluation for whatever damned reason, especially when it came to the draft, but also vet free agents too.

RedskinBronco
01-01-2013, 04:28 PM
I don't think Shanny would have been fired THIS YEAR if they ended up 6-10 or worse. HOWEVER, if he did go 6-10 or worse AND started next year slowly, Snyder would have felt the pressure to pull the trigger.

Washington is a tough town, only with the redskins, but a tough town nonetheless.

The caps, wizards and nats all get off easy compared to the redskins. Intense pressure on the redskins. Meanwhile Ted Leonsis (Caps, Wizards) and the Lerners (Nats) can fly under the radar.

RedskinBronco
01-01-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm a Denver fan and could care less what Washington does, why are they excited thinking Denver fans care?

I think it's more acknowledging the vibe around the league. Every teams message board tends to have these types of mentions.

There is a lot "I was in San Diego for business and I saw a lot of redskins fans."

or

"Everywhere I wear my skins gear, everyone wants to talk RGIII"

I'm sure you could apply that to almost any team, except the chiefs LOL. Last year, I bet there were a lot of similar stories for Denver due to the Tebow factor. I didn't keep track if they were posted, but I am sure a lot of the same stuff applied.

SoCalBronco
01-01-2013, 04:33 PM
I don't think Shanny would have been fired THIS YEAR if they ended up 6-10 or worse. HOWEVER, if he did go 6-10 or worse AND started next year slowly, Snyder would have felt the pressure to pull the trigger.

Washington is a tough town, only with the redskins, but a tough town nonetheless.

The caps, wizards and nats all get off easy compared to the redskins. Intense pressure on the redskins. Meanwhile Ted Leonsis (Caps, Wizards) and the Lerners (Nats) can fly under the radar.

I think the Caps are used to being the Penguins bitches so it doesn't bother them anymore. :)

tesnyde
01-01-2013, 04:36 PM

Snyder

RedskinBronco
01-01-2013, 04:39 PM
I think the Caps are used to being the Penguins b****es so it doesn't bother them anymore. :)

It's a town of choking dogs as Tony Kornheiser put it. The only team that steps up historically is the redskins. They come through when competitive.

The caps- man oh man, the choke jobs. It's unreal that Mcphee has had 15 years now. It's very similar to the reid saga. Also, Leonsis is a softy that lets the players do whatever they want. Ovechkin and company go party all the time. It's sad all that talent wasted. He is engaged now, so maybe the focus and fire will come back.

The nats - biggest choke job in mlb history in their first taste of relevance. barf

no need to mention the wizards. who are they again? ;)

RedskinBronco
01-01-2013, 04:40 PM
btw, this pic tweeted by kerrigan is awesome; I had to put it in here.

http://twitter.com/RyanKerrigan91/status/285801874714664962/photo/1

Agamemnon
01-01-2013, 04:44 PM
**** the Redskins. Am I the only one who remembers the '87 Super Bowl? Seriously, **** the Redskins.

TheReverend
01-01-2013, 04:51 PM
btw, this pic tweeted by kerrigan is awesome; I had to put it in here.

http://twitter.com/RyanKerrigan91/status/285801874714664962/photo/1

Sexy.

I'm anxious to see what pieces they add next year.

That + young player growth, + injured stars getting healthy again = Superbowl Contenders

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-01-2013, 04:57 PM

im impressed also love the rick flair av you got i remember the 4 horsemen thing he was running and them laying a beat down on that guy from the bears who joined them for a bit

Archer81
01-01-2013, 05:23 PM
I like Shanny. His time in Denver had to end, it was just not working the way he and Bowlen hoped. I will always be greatful for the 2 titles.

:Broncos:

Bacchus
01-01-2013, 05:45 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1556881/hamgriffin.gif

lonestar
01-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Sad that a "supposed" bronco fan would get kudos from foreskins fans.
Guess that would something to be proud if your bromance for mikey was not so well known.

Play2win
01-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Washington can get bent. Actually, everybody in that division can get bent.

errand
01-01-2013, 07:39 PM

We all love Mike for helping this franchise win two titles and as our franchise's leader in wins, and kudos for making the playoffs this year.... but his record has been mediocre since 2006, and as this is the first time since he left Denver that he's finished above .500 or better than 4th in the NFC East, I'd wait and see before we act like he's a "genius" again.

DivineLegion
01-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Bobby Turner is the Genius, Mike is his pawn....

;)

Crushaholic
01-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Famous? We're MORE than famous. We're INfamous...

errand
01-01-2013, 07:52 PM
There's also the interview with Mike himself where he says he made very clear with Dan in his interview that he needed the full 5 years to get that franchise turned around.

...but hey, we'll just take your lightrail rumor at face value instead of every legitimate source and fact contradicting it.

He also said this too right?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shanahan-already-preparing-rest-season-evaluate-next-023154789--nfl.html

Ray Finkle
01-02-2013, 07:30 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shanahan-already-preparing-rest-season-evaluate-next-023154789--nfl.html

well now you've done it.....get ready for the stream of insults...

Irish Stout
01-02-2013, 09:28 AM

Whatever he said or did after that loss seemed to work to get his team refocused. So nothing terribly wrong there.

That being said: 1) Thank you Shanny for all you did here; 2) **** the Redskins.

colonelbeef
01-02-2013, 10:19 AM

yep.

Ray Finkle
01-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Whatever he said or did after that loss seemed to work to get his team refocused. So nothing terribly wrong there.

That being said: 1) Thank you Shanny for all you did here; 2) **** the Redskins.

I believe many people have this same view....

BroncsCheer
01-02-2013, 04:16 PM
**** the redskins

**** the nfc east

colonelbeef
01-02-2013, 04:33 PM
hey, they quoted me without giving credit

:flush::slash:

swaiy
01-02-2013, 07:55 PM
I wonder if this guy is a Maner? Image is on front page CNN.com.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/bronkota/130101054108-denver-marijuana-club-new-years-story-top_zps5e5145a3.jpg

Thats a dope ass hat.

Punisher
01-02-2013, 08:01 PM
**** the redskins

**** the nfc east

end thread

El Guapo
01-02-2013, 08:03 PM
no need to mention the wizards. who are they again? ;)

I went to a game here to watch my Mavericks take it to 'em, and boy did they. It was fun to see my team again, but man, that Verizon center is a dump. In fact, this whole place sucks.

No offense. ;)

maven
01-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Somewhere on that forum, we have one of our old posters who pretty much bailed and went to the Redskins to root for as their new team. SoCal's anger in our game thread made it look like he has more passion then any old timer in DC. Of course, that always seems to happen with the energy of a newbie (see Chargers stadium when they started dominating last decade.

A forum poster from here actually left this team to go root for the skins because of the coach?

wowsa

ROFL!

RedskinBronco
01-02-2013, 08:35 PM
I went to a game here to watch my Mavericks take it to 'em, and boy did they. It was fun to see my team again, but man, that Verizon center is a dump. In fact, this whole place sucks.

No offense. ;)

LOL.

Come on now, VC doesn't suck, but man Ted Leonsis is struggling these days without the caps. The EMBARRASSING SUCK is the wizards stench. Thankfully, I never liked them so I'm good. I grew up a huge Bulls fan, just waiting for Rose to come back and for management to get off their asses and get another superstar to help him out.

Bulls, Avalanche and Broncos are the only non-DC teams I like.

SoCalBronco
01-02-2013, 09:02 PM
LOL.

Come on now, VC doesn't suck, but man Ted Leonsis is struggling these days without the caps. The EMBARRASSING SUCK is the wizards stench. Thankfully, I never liked them so I'm good. I grew up a huge Bulls fan, just waiting for Rose to come back and for management to get off their asses and get another superstar to help him out.

Bulls, Avalanche and Broncos are the only non-DC teams I like.

Thibs is doing terrific with what he has since they blew up the bench. DRose maybe 3 more weeks. I like what I have seen from Teague so far....jimmy butler is getting better. Thankfully the Central sucks.

Action
01-02-2013, 09:07 PM

The toughest division in football yet the final and only playoff spot from the division came down to the last game of the season.

Not even a top 4 tough division in the league right now.

It's ****ing sad to see this ****...

RedskinBronco
01-02-2013, 09:37 PM
The toughest division in football yet the final and only playoff spot from the division came down to the last game of the season.

Not even a top 4 tough division in the league right now.

It's ****ing sad to see this ****...

In all fairness, the 4 teams usually beat the **** out of each other. It used to be that the cardinals were the whipping boys, essentially that was another home game for Dallas.

Now since they moved to the NFC west, the new bastard is Philly who is poked fun at for having ZERO super bowl wins.

In all seriousness, it's the toughest division because getting a split is miraculous. In every other division, you have a couple of teams that suck so bad (e.g., Detroit, Carolina, St Louis, Miami, Buffalo, Tennessee, etc.)

The NFC had 3 teams 8-8 and above and philly just had a disastrous year, but generally that division has the most insane scrutiny and every team feels the pressure to succeed.

You cannot say that for any other division. Put the Patriots in the NFC East, believe me Tom Brady might still not be playing and there are no cupcakes like Buffalo, Miami and now the Jets.

NFC East is brutal. Always has been, always will be IMO.

RedskinBronco
01-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Thibs is doing terrific with what he has since they blew up the bench. DRose maybe 3 more weeks. I like what I have seen from Teague so far....jimmy butler is getting better. Thankfully the Central sucks.

Thibs is awesome; tremendous coach. Central does suck LOL

Bulls mgmt is just so conservative and it costs them because Miami and Boston tend to load up in the east. If they are not careful, the knicks might pass them but I am not convinced with them yet.

PS- Boozer kills me. On the positive side, Noah is flourishing and becoming more of a leader with D-Rose out. Deng is Deng; he is what he is.

Action
01-02-2013, 09:51 PM
In all seriousness, it's the toughest division because getting a split is miraculous. In every other division, you have a couple of teams that suck so bad (e.g., Detroit, Carolina, St Louis, Miami, Buffalo, Tennessee, etc.)

Philly just sucked this season and so did the Giants. Cowboys are who they are, chokers. You can't tell me Philly doesn't belong in that group you just named.

List of tougher divisions:
NFC North (GB,Min,Chi,Det)
NFC West (SF,Sea,Stl,Az)
AFC North (Balt, Cin,Pitt,Cle)
AFC South (Hou,Ind,Ten,Jac)

Only debate here is AFC South. I say AFC South because they have two playoff teams...by default, if your division brings out more playoff teams, it's a tougher division unless BOTH of the other teams have some colossal record. Fact is, Houston and Colts are better teams than the whole NFC East.

RedskinBronco
01-03-2013, 06:24 AM
Philly just sucked this season and so did the Giants. Cowboys are who they are, chokers. You can't tell me Philly doesn't belong in that group you just named.

List of tougher divisions:
NFC North (GB,Min,Chi,Det)
NFC West (SF,Sea,Stl,Az)
AFC North (Balt, Cin,Pitt,Cle)
AFC South (Hou,Ind,Ten,Jac)

Only debate here is AFC South. I say AFC South because they have two playoff teams...by default, if your division brings out more playoff teams, it's a tougher division unless BOTH of the other teams have some colossal record. Fact is, Houston and Colts are better teams than the whole NFC East.

Here is the way I see it; let's take eliminate the last place teams from each division and philly.

So going with the top 3 in each division:

The Redskins, Cowboys and Giants are better than:

NFC North (Min,Chi)--> I know you will want to mention minny in playoffs but redskins beat them and Cowboys, Giants would spank that team. Their QB play is suspect.

NFC West (Stl) --> Again this division has SF and Seattle and not much else. Two teams in this division can hang or beat any of the 3 NFC East teams. I still have the Redskins beating Seattle this week. Seattle is an OK team on the road and elite at home. Arizona taken out for philly comparison of course.

AFC North (Balt, Cin,Pitt) --> These teams are still pretty suspect in my opinion. If they played the NFC East 9 times rotating the Redskins, Cowboys and Giants, I would put money that the NFC east would come out on top. Not impressed with any of these 3 teams.

AFC South (Hou,Ind,Ten) ---> You cannot tell me that on a neutral site that any of the 3 NFC East teams would not absolutely demolish these 3 teams. The only team that stands a chance is Indy but @ home. Houston looks like a terrible team right now.

I know we will disagree on this, but that's ok.

The NFC east is brutal though man, trust me on that. I live through it.

Edit: The fact that Griffin led the skins to a 5-1 division record in his rookie season is crazy.

Historically, a lot of teams in this division would be 11-5, 12-4 or 13-3 in other divisions but they end up 10-6, 9-7, 8-8 because of strength of division

maven
01-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Here is the way I see it; let's take eliminate the last place teams from each division and philly.

So going with the top 3 in each division:

The Redskins, Cowboys and Giants are better than:

NFC North (Min,Chi)--> I know you will want to mention minny in playoffs but redskins beat them and Cowboys, Giants would spank that team. Their QB play is suspect.

NFC West (Stl) --> Again this division has SF and Seattle and not much else. Two teams in this division can hang or beat any of the 3 NFC East teams. I still have the Redskins beating Seattle this week. Seattle is an OK team on the road and elite at home. Arizona taken out for philly comparison of course.

AFC North (Balt, Cin,Pitt) --> These teams are still pretty suspect in my opinion. If they played the NFC East 9 times rotating the Redskins, Cowboys and Giants, I would put money that the NFC east would come out on top. Not impressed with any of these 3 teams.

AFC South (Hou,Ind,Ten) ---> You cannot tell me that on a neutral site that any of the 3 NFC East teams would not absolutely demolish these 3 teams. The only team that stands a chance is Indy but @ home. Houston looks like a terrible team right now.

I know we will disagree on this, but that's ok.

The NFC east is brutal though man, trust me on that. I live through it.

Edit: The fact that Griffin led the skins to a 5-1 division record in his rookie season is crazy.

Historically, a lot of teams in this division would be 11-5, 12-4 or 13-3 in other divisions but they end up 10-6, 9-7, 8-8 because of strength of division

You are making assumptions. There's nothing brutal about the nfc east. just because they are on tv a lot/media attention on them doesn't make them better. Where were the Redskins the past few years? Yes, on the effin bottom. This year it's the Eagles. Where were the cowboys the past few years? When was the last time the cowboys won a playoff game? Nothing special. The NFC East is overrated. Only the Giants have done something of worthy. The rest haven't done anything including your beloved team. So quit spewing your bull****.

RedskinBronco
01-03-2013, 10:33 AM
You are making assumptions. There's nothing brutal about the nfc east. just because they are on tv a lot/media attention on them doesn't make them better. Where were the Redskins the past few years? Yes, on the effin bottom. This year it's the Eagles. Where were the cowboys the past few years? When was the last time the cowboys won a playoff game? Nothing special. The NFC East is overrated. Only the Giants have done something of worthy. The rest haven't done anything including your beloved team. So quit spewing your bull****.

Why do people get so heated in conversations. This board is unreal lol.

So super bowl count for each team by division; that will give you an idea of why.

Tombstone RJ
01-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Why do people get so heated in conversations. This board is unreal lol.

So super bowl count for each team by division; that will give you an idea of why.

lol, why you are at it, why don't you count championships in leather helmets too? Gmen had a very disappointing year, that is true.

RedskinBronco
01-03-2013, 10:56 AM
lol, why you are at it, why don't you count championships in leather helmets too? Gmen had a very disappointing year, that is true.

Lol, GMEN did have a down year but still ended 9-7. That's how tough NFC east is.

The dysfunctional cowboys got big wins against cincy and Pitt when all 3 team were battling for playoff spots.

But anyways, I don't care to convince anyone; just my own person opinion that it is the toughest, most brutal division where all 4 teams have extreme hate for each other.

Other divisions always have cupcakes (Carolina, titans, Miami, buffalo, etc)

Just my opinion

RhymesayersDU
01-03-2013, 11:02 AM
Hasn't Washington been that cupcake for the past decade or so? And isn't Philly heading for that now?

RedskinBronco
01-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Hasn't Washington been that cupcake for the past decade or so? And isn't Philly heading for that now?

Skins swept giants last year but let's go with cupcake.

Let's say the eagles become the new cupcake.

Almost every other division year in and year out ends up having at least 2 cupcakes. Some teams have a one year run like TB, Det, AZ but for the most part end up being cupcakes

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-03-2013, 11:21 AM
NFC Least is not anything resembling the "toughest division in the league."

And while I like and respect Shanahan and the Shanaplan, and it took his input to move up for RG3 and to nab Morris in the 6th, it's those two guys more than the coach who put them in position to win the East.

RhymesayersDU
01-03-2013, 11:48 AM
To sum up: "every team in the NFL sucks except the 4 that reside in the NFC East."

RedskinBronco
01-03-2013, 12:21 PM
To sum up: "every team in the NFL sucks except the 4 that reside in the NFC East."

How so? Conversation was about top to bottom strength of division.

Denver, SF, NE are for sure better than anyone in NFC east. You can maybe include GB

I would say all other teams would have a tough time with NFC east teams in a playoff situation.

Rock Chalk
01-03-2013, 01:30 PM

Playoff games won by Shanahan in 16 years without John Elway: 1

Seasons without John Elway Shanahan has missed the playoffs: 11

Seasons without Kubiak as OC with a winning record: 2

His career regular season average is: 9-7 (rounded).

He has made the playoffs 8 times in 19 years as a head coach, going 8-5. He has 4 times of his 8 years, gone one and done in the playoffs.

HALF of his coaching career he has a non winning season (8-8 or worse). HALF!

Without Gary Kubiak and/or John Elway he is 53-63 on his career.

Shanahan is the most over-rated coach in the history of coaching.

TheReverend
01-03-2013, 01:46 PM
Playoff games won by Shanahan in 16 years without John Elway: 1

Playoff games won by Belichick without Brady?

Seasons without John Elway Shanahan has missed the playoffs: 11

^ You might want to try counting again. I know you get confused around double digits.

Seasons without Kubiak as OC with a winning record: 2

...Seriously? You're going to try and push this one? Really?

Yeah, one of the very best in the business.

Quite so.

DHallblows
01-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Quick guys, let's talk about Cutler being a top 5 QB! Then Bears fans can start talking about how we still are all over his junk as well and validate their slightly above average team. Twofer for everyone involved! :D