GMs:
Heckert
Tannenbaum
AJ Smith
Rod graves

Trying to keep track.

Kaylore
12-31-2012, 07:51 AM
You should sort them into two lists - one for GM's and one for coaches.

BroncoInferno
12-31-2012, 07:57 AM
Somewhat of a surprise Rex Ryan keeps his job,but tannenbaum gets canned

I would imagine they'll hire a GM and then let him make a decision on the coach. So, Ryan will probably still get canned eventually since the new GM will probably want his own guy (unless they do an in-house hire, then he might be safe).

TonyR
12-31-2012, 08:02 AM
Rumors of Gruden going to SD...

Lestat
12-31-2012, 08:04 AM
So far:
norv turner & aj smith
Andy Reid
Crennel
Gene smith
Somewhat of a surprise Rex Ryan keeps his job,but tannenbaum gets canned
Schurmur & heckert

More to come.

not really. tannenbaum only real good move was hiring Rex.
Rex may be a loudmouth idiot but he's done some nice work for the Jets franchise.

the moves the GM made draft wise and player personnel wise have been mind boggling in their ineptitude.
they can't find a good WR outside of Holmes, their DL is meh, the overall roster needs fresh eyes and need blood infused.
they also need to hire a OC who is also a QB coach.

kappys
12-31-2012, 08:07 AM
Crennel is gone but at least Pioli is still on board to continue with his drafting genius!

Lestat
12-31-2012, 08:23 AM
Rumors of Gruden going to SD...

he needs to go to the NFC or at least not come back to the AFC West.

now, if McCoy leaves i hope we can snag Shurmur as the new OC. hopefully McCoy stays though.

spiralism
12-31-2012, 08:36 AM
Dennis Allen likely to stay...this is great news!

Requiem
12-31-2012, 08:39 AM
Andy Reid is about to get 20x fatter.

rideco
12-31-2012, 08:42 AM
Dennis Allen likely to stay...this is great news!

Lets all be realistic the AFC west is a dump right now except for the Broncos its two years before any of these other teams have any chance to rebuild no matter who they hire as HC's or GM's. I am not worried about us winning the West in the foreseeable future but I really rather not see Reid end up in SD next year.

El Guapo
12-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Add Lovie Smith from the Bears. Wow!

TonyR
12-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Dennis Allen likely to stay...

Why not? Can't fix that mess in one year, particularly without a QB. He deserves one more year at least.

bronco militia

link?

Tombstone RJ

credit Cutler for this firing. 10-6 and no playoffs, that's a tuff way to go out but with Cutler, new levels of suckiness are always possible.

rideco

Really damm. Is it too early to call Cutler a coach killer lol.

bronco militia
12-31-2012, 08:53 AM
Report: Bears have asked permission to interview coaches

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 31, 2012, 10:47 AM EST

Getty Images
At this point, the Bears have not fired head coach Lovie Smith.

But they’re apparently working on replacing him already.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Bears have already asked other teams permission to interview head coaching candidates. There’s a cart-before-the-horse quality that’s obvious, as there has been no word on Smith’s future.

He’s missed the playoffs five of the last six seasons, and is entering the final season of his contract. It’s hardly a stable position, and they’re apparently not willing to let him offer up another offensive coordinator.

BroncoBeavis
12-31-2012, 08:53 AM
link?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000119943/article/lovie-smith-fired-by-chicago-bears

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-31-2012, 08:54 AM
link?

According to Schefter, the bears have begun filling out the papers about requesting permission of other teams to interview HC candidates. It's odd, given that lovie hasn't officially been fired yet, but... They're exploring options.

Smiling Assassin27
12-31-2012, 08:55 AM
Crennel is gone but at least Pioli is still on board to continue with his drafting genius!

you'd think they'd give romeo a raise and extension for securing the first pick, er, geno smith.

ol#7
12-31-2012, 08:56 AM

Yeah, that is suprising. I know they missed the playoffs...but they were 10-6!!! Not that I think he is a good coach, just suprising that 10-6 would get a coach fired...Marty is giving me a stern look right now...

cousinal11
Ron Rivera expected to be fired.

Requiem
Cutler isn't the reason Lovie is getting canned.

bronco militia
12-31-2012, 08:57 AM
According to Schefter, the bears have begun filling out the papers about requesting permission of other teams to interview HC candidates. It's odd, given that lovie hasn't officially been fired yet, but... They're exploring options.

I found it...scroll up.

lovie is in the final year of his contract.

Lestat
12-31-2012, 08:57 AM
Smith's firing will create a ripple effect on coaching searches.
he's not going to be out of work long but you have to think that Gruden will look hard at that Bears job.

as far as Allen goes, it's not his fault, the culture in Oakland has been flawed for some time now and the Carson Palmer trade didn't help them to be able to remove some of the bad with new draft picks.
he'll turn them around but it will take until his third year at the helm to see full progress.

rideco
12-31-2012, 08:58 AM
Adam Schefter ‏<s>@</s>AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter) Bills fired Chan Gailey.

srphoenix
12-31-2012, 08:58 AM
Chan Gailey of the Bills gone now too

winstoncup bronco
12-31-2012, 08:59 AM
Yeah, that is suprising. I know they missed the playoffs...but they were 10-6!!! Not that I think he is a good coach, just suprising that 10-6 would get a coach fired...Marty is giving me a stern look right now...

They were 7-1 at one point.

Then they **** the bed.

They missed the playoffs 6 out 9 season with Lovie, which is enough to get you fired I think.

El Guapo
12-31-2012, 09:00 AM

According to NFL Network he has been fired. Here's another link:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/12/31/3810032/lovie-smith-fired-bears

Requiem
12-31-2012, 09:00 AM
Chan Gailey, PEACE OUT!

winstoncup bronco
12-31-2012, 09:01 AM
If nothing else, plenty of coordinators to choose from if needed.

Lestat
12-31-2012, 09:01 AM
Cutler isn't the reason Lovie is getting canned.

yeah, they've missed the playoffs 5 of the last 6 seasons. but Cutler got hurt and cost them 1-2 games that would have been the difference in them making it.

so it's not Cutler as the reason but it kinda is.
it's got more to do with Angelo and his whiffs in the draft more than Cutler though. they haven't been able to find a full OL, their WR corp was iffy before Marshall and they don't have a true #2 since AJ couldn't stay healthy.

Chan Gailey is also out.

ol#7
12-31-2012, 09:04 AM
credit Cutler for this firing. 10-6 and no playoffs, that's a tuff way to go out but with Cutler, new levels of suckiness are always possible.

I get that people around these parts hate Jay Cutler, but why would he be responsible fot getting him fired? I havent heard him blast the HC, and wasnt he like 10-5 as a starter this year?

spiralism
12-31-2012, 09:04 AM
Please God, do NOT let Lovie get NEAR the AFC West.

Kaylore
12-31-2012, 09:05 AM
Lovie Smith is huge. SoCal will be begging for Kyle Shanahan to take over there.

Lestat
12-31-2012, 09:07 AM
Chan Gailey, PEACE OUT!

Gailey should never have been the HC in the first place. that was a WTF move that everyone thought would backfire.
my question is why are so many GM's who have caused a lot of this mess getting to keep their jobs?

Nix & Pioli for example still have jobs yet they dang near cratered these franchises.
though granted the HC will have say in whether Pioli stays on.
look at Arizona and Rod Graves, Ken Wisenhunt is likely gone but Graves might stay.

which BTW, Wisenhunt & Shurmur are my top 2 choices for OC if McCoy leaves.

Requiem
yeah, they've missed the playoffs 5 of the last 6 seasons. but Cutler got hurt and cost them 1-2 games that would have been the difference in them making it.

it's got more to do with Angelo and his whiffs in the draft more than Cutler though. they haven't been able to find a full OL, their WR corp was iffy before Marshall and they don't have a true #2 since AJ couldn't stay healthy.

Chan Gailey is also out.

Cutler isn't innocent in it all, but the fact is that when he got hurt, they didn't have a chance this year or last year. Mike Tice and the OL being dog**** are the primary factors. Injuries haven't helped either (Forte, Urlacher, etc.) and their defense is getting old in general. The play calling there has been atrocious.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
According to NFL Network he has been fired. Here's another link:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/12/31/3810032/lovie-smith-fired-bears

Yep, happened just after I hit submit.

10-6 and fired. Crazy.

rideco
12-31-2012, 09:08 AM
Please God, do NOT let Lovie get NEAR the AFC West.

Yea I am with you on this one. In perspective if Oz ends up working out this division is ours for the next 4-5 years.

brncobrett
12-31-2012, 09:09 AM
There was also a rumor on the NFL network by Peter King that the Chargers are looking into
Steve Mariucci.

ol#7
12-31-2012, 09:10 AM

Chan Gailey is also out.

This. Also not defending Lovie who kinda sucks as a HC, but to throw Cutler under that bus...Not really warranted.

Outside of the 9'ers they really didn't have a bad loss. Pretty Competitive team in a tough division. Terrible OL and WR's outside of Marshall though.

troyjbath
12-31-2012, 09:10 AM
I can't believe the Chiefs haven't fired Scott Pioli. Rex Ryan keeping his job makes me scratch my head and wonder what the hell some of these owners are thinking. He needs to go back to being a DC.

Lestat
12-31-2012, 09:11 AM
Cutler isn't innocent in it all, but the fact is that when he got hurt, they didn't have a chance this year or last year. Mike Tice and the OL being dog**** are the primary factors. Injuries haven't helped either (Forte, Urlacher, etc.) and their defense is getting old in general. The play calling there has been atrocious.

yeah their OC's have been pure crap. but i can't for the life of me understand how they can't develop OL or give their QB more weapons.
it's just crazy.

this is going to be like Fox, Lovie is gonna turn around a franchise(though without Peyton Manning). the man won with Kyle Orton for christ sakes, went to a SB with Rex Grossman. reminds me a lot of Fox with Carolina.

rideco
There was also a rumor on the NFL network by Peter King that the Chargers are looking into
Steve Mariucci.

Oh yea lets bring that Lions way to SD perfect. Rivers is not Young so I am not worried.

lostknight
Crazy for Chicago. Not quite SD firing schotty, but still. Cutler's career is basically toast with this. There will be a new HC, with new OCs, and another system for Cutler to learn, and the three year cycle that comes with that.

BroncoBeavis
12-31-2012, 09:12 AM
At first glance it seems like Jay might be one of the worst down-the-stretch QBs in the league. Icy hot at times, but ice cold when you need him most.

Or maybe it's just perception (or terrible protection)

I don't care enough to dig further. :)

Lestat
12-31-2012, 09:13 AM
Steve Mariucci.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/032/588/140231.I_DO_IT_ALL_20FOR_TEH_LULZ_1_1_.jpg

Lestat
12-31-2012, 09:15 AM
I can't believe the Chiefs haven't fired Scott Pioli. Rex Ryan keeping his job makes me scratch my head and wonder what the hell some of these owners are thinking. He needs to go back to being a DC.

Rex is a solid HC, but his selections for OC have been awful.
similar to Lovie. can build a defense but the overall depth of the organization is terrible.
some coaches can dig deep and turn turds into golden nuggets, some need depth and talent to overcome certain weaknesses in their abilities.

BroncoBeavis
12-31-2012, 09:16 AM
Really thought we'd hear Garrett's name called by now.

lostknight
12-31-2012, 09:18 AM

I think Romo's days might just be done. I think he is taking the fall on last night.

Man-Goblin
12-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Lovie Smith is huge. SoCal will be begging for Kyle Shanahan to take over there.

They should just go with Jeremy Bates. Every day Jay and him can whisper sweet nothings in each others' ears about how great they are.

peacepipe
12-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Garrett & Romo aren't going anywhere.

BroncoBeavis
12-31-2012, 09:22 AM
I think Romo's days might just be done. I think he is taking the fall on last night.

Some years I might think so. But this is going to be a terrible offseason to try to switch QBs.

BroncoBeavis
12-31-2012, 09:23 AM

I'm 50% sure you're 50% right. :)

Lestat
12-31-2012, 09:24 AM

naw, Jerry fell on the sword and said it was up to him as the GM to improve the roster.
Payton staying with the Saints ensures JG is safe. Romo is better than any QB they can get in the draft,FA or through trade so he fits with their 3-4 year window.
besides, there isn't a legit HC who could turn them into a SB contender who is going to put up with Jerry as GM.
Parcells revamped that franchise with more power and Jerry wasn't keen on having his authority questioned. we saw how that ended.

peacepipe
12-31-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm 50% sure you're 50% right. :)

Garrett should get the axe but I think Jones is to fond of Garrett. Romo? There's nobody out there that stands out as a legitimate replacement.

Lestat
12-31-2012, 09:29 AM
Garrett should get the axe but I think Jones is to fond of Garrett. Romo? There's nobody out there that stands out as a legitimate replacement.

the problem in Dallas is Jones as GM.
he needs to hire a GM, let him make the calls and change the country club culture of that franchise.

Mediator12
12-31-2012, 09:30 AM

Kyle is not going anywhere just yet. He needs a few more years being an OC under papa or he is going to McDaniels the team that hires him!

Lestat
12-31-2012, 09:31 AM
looks like Ron Rivera is about to get the axe in Carolina according to Michael Lombardi.

Lestat
12-31-2012, 09:32 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

RT @JayGlazer: Bears already asked for permission to interview Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy. Very, very hot name #BLACKMONDAY
Details

Mediator12
12-31-2012, 09:36 AM
the problem in Dallas is Jones as GM.
he needs to hire a GM, let him make the calls and change the country club culture of that franchise.

Absolutely agree. I used to be a huge Cowboys fan as a kid. I loved, loved Tom Landry. As soon as that idiot Jones fired him and Hired Jimmy Johnson I lost a lot of respect for Jones. Then, when he tried to take Credit for all those Superbowls with Johnson and basically kicked him out the door to prove his point he has become as Stupid as Al Davis was for decades.

Nothing makes me happier than to watch Jerry Jones reap exactly what he has sown. Plenty of pompous, narcissistic, egotistical, and maniacal Owners in the NFL. But there are none I like to see get their heart ripped out like Jerry Jones every year. His involvement keeps a once proud franchise in the mediocrity every year and I LOVE IT ROFL!

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2012, 09:37 AM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

RT @JayGlazer: Bears already asked for permission to interview Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy. Very, very hot name #BLACKMONDAY
Details

this will be the first of a few interviews.

gunns
12-31-2012, 09:37 AM

If that happens my brother will have a heart attack, stroke, then a total mental melt down.

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2012, 09:38 AM
Absolutely agree. I used to be a huge Cowboys fan as a kid. I loved, loved Tom Landry. As soon as that idiot Jones fired him and Hired Jimmy Johnson I lost a lot of respect for Jones. Then, when he tried to take Credit for all those Superbowls with Johnson and basically kicked him out the door to prove his point he has become as Stupid as Al Davis was for decades.

Nothing makes me happier than to watch Jerry Jones reap exactly what he has sown. Plenty of pompous, narcissistic, egotistical, and maniacal Owners in the NFL. But there are none I like to see get their heart ripped out like Jerry Jones every year. His involvement keeps a once proud franchise in the mediocrity every year and I LOVE IT ROFL!

yep, Jerra needs to fire himself but that ain't happen'n.

Lestat
12-31-2012, 09:39 AM

it's kinda fun to see it, i don't normally root against owners of a team but i love to see the Cowboys lose and Jerry have to explain why the team isn't working out.

this will be the first of a few interviews.
dude is getting a HC job this year. the Phins may have been the only one he was a finalist for last year but that will change this year.
the work he did on O with Tebow and now Manning is insane.
i hate to lose him but man he deserves a head job.

Mediator12
12-31-2012, 09:42 AM
it's kinda fun to see it, i don't normally root against owners of a team but i love to see the Cowboys lose and Jerry have to explain why the team isn't working out.

dude is getting a HC job this year. the Phins may have been the only one he was a finalist for last year but that will change this year.
the work he did on O with Tebow and now Manning is insane.
i hate to lose him but man he deserves a head job.

I seriously want DEN to make the SB just to keep him from getting a job. If we make it, teams will have to choose elsewhere. This despite all the quacks who hold him personally responsible for Tebow not getting developed Hilarious!

UberBroncoMan
12-31-2012, 09:43 AM
Guarantee Chicago has Del Rio's eye. The defense is good and has a few building blocks on O.

gunns
12-31-2012, 09:46 AM

My mother was a huge Dallas fan for years and when Landry was fired she dropped them like a hot potato as her team too. She hated Jones.

Huges egos are not a great mix for a successful team. I shall enjoy watching Dallas fail for years to come. I wonder if Jones will ever figure out he's the problem.

peacepipe
12-31-2012, 09:52 AM
I seriously want DEN to make the SB just to keep him from getting a job. If we make it, teams will have to choose elsewhere. This despite all the quacks who hold him personally responsible for Tebow not getting developed Hilarious!

I doubt a team is going move elsewhere if they feel McCoy is the guy they want. They'll likely offer him the job in the bye-week if he has a really good interview.

Mediator12
12-31-2012, 09:55 AM
My mother was a huge Dallas fan for years and when Landry was fired she dropped them like a hot potato as her team too. She hated Jones.

Huges egos are not a great mix for a successful team. I shall enjoy watching Dallas fail for years to come. I wonder if Jones will ever figure out he's the problem.

He already knows. However, he and Al Davis were not strong enough Men to hire the best and stop Micro-managing their teams. They certainly could be part of the process as Owners, but they are both weak men in the end. I see it every day consulting. 2 are better than one, and three are better than 2.

Having a strong leadership team and listening to them is one of the hardest things companies have to implement. Way too many guys looking out for themselves and trying to keep the talent under them in check so they will not be challenged. The best have the best talent and a strong enough leader to listen and make the right decisions short, medium, and long term.

That's why I despise the franchises who fail to understand that. The model is right there, but way too many people buy into the warped organizational power structures. Keeps teams mediocre or worse over time.

peacepipe
12-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Guarantee Chicago has Del Rio's eye. The defense is good and has a few building blocks on O.

I guarantee del Rio doesn't have chicagos eye. Chicago just fired a defensive minded coach, they're not going to hire another one. They'll be going the other direction.

broncocalijohn
12-31-2012, 09:58 AM
Why not? Can't fix that mess in one year, particularly without a QB. He deserves one more year at least.

Al Davis does not approve of this message (nor does his son). Ask Hue Jackson about this feeling.

10 Mike White* 19951996* 32 15 17 0 .469 [19]
11 Joe Bugel 1997 16 4 12 0 .250 [20]
12 Jon Gruden 19982001 64 38 26 0 .594 4 2 2 [21]
13 Bill Callahan* 20022003* 32 15 17 0 .469 3 2 1 [5]
14 Norv Turner 20042005 32 9 23 0 .281 [22]
Art Shell *[c] 2006* 16 2 14 0 .125 [18]
15 Lane Kiffin* 20072008* 20 5 15 0 .250 [23]
16 Tom Cable* 20082010* 44 17 27 0 .386 [24]
17 Hue Jackson* 2011* 16 8 8 0 .500 [25]
18 Dennis Allen* 2012* 16 4 12 0 .250

Dedhed
12-31-2012, 10:00 AM
I get that people around these parts hate Jay Cutler, but why would he be responsible fot getting him fired? I havent heard him blast the HC, and wasnt he like 10-5 as a starter this year?

I think it's a perception thing. If you believe that you have an elite QB and a decent defense, you expect to be competing for Super Bowls. If you're not, the perception is that Lovie failed to get the players to play to the level of their talent.

The reason Cutler is tough for coaches is because, for some reason, people around the league still think he's an elite QB and he just isn't. So there is the expectation of Elite performance.

What they fail to recognize is that getting Cutler to lead a team to 10 wins without imploding into full on frown cannon and folding up shop is actually an amazing job of coaching.

What's likely to happen in Chi, and I look forward to seeing it, is they'll higher some "yes man" type newbie HC (McCoy is the perfect candidate), who will give Cutler a huge amount of input and rope, and Jaybie will reward him by hanging the whole franchise with the rope he's given.

Mediator12
12-31-2012, 10:00 AM
I doubt a team is going move elsewhere if they feel McCoy is the guy they want. They'll likely offer him the job in the bye-week if he has a really good interview.

It is all about timing. He can interview, but not get hired until his contract expires at the end of the season. Getting the extra 2 weeks of the SB would virtually eliminate any team firing their HC early enough to interview this week. They will need to pounce to get a HC. I can not remember a coach who went to the SB getting a HC job the next season. Wait, Spagnuolo did it after the Pats upset in SB 42.

Ok, it can happen, but its less likely....

peacepipe
12-31-2012, 10:05 AM
I think it's a perception thing. If you believe that you have an elite QB and a decent defense, you expect to be competing for Super Bowls. If you're not, the perception is that Lovie failed to get the players to play to the level of their talent.

The reason Cutler is tough for coaches is because, for some reason, people around the league still think he's an elite QB and he just isn't. So there is the expectation of Elite performance.

What they fail to recognize is that getting Cutler to lead a team to 10 wins without imploding into full on frown cannon and folding up shop is actually an amazing job of coaching.

What's likely to happen in Chi, and I look forward to seeing it, is they'll higher some "yes man" type newbie HC (McCoy is the perfect candidate), who will give Cutler a huge amount of input and rope, and Jaybie will reward him by hanging the whole franchise with the rope he's given.Jay Cutler is the anti-tebow all talent/skill,smarts in the world to be an elite/HOF QB,but is a complete a-hole.

peacepipe
12-31-2012, 10:09 AM

What's likely to happen in Chi, and I look forward to seeing it, is they'll higher some "yes man" type newbie HC (McCoy is the perfect candidate), who will give Cutler a huge amount of input and rope, and Jaybie will reward him by hanging the whole franchise with the rope he's given.all HC are yes men to some extent. McCoy might be just the guy that cutler thrives under.

BroncosMT
12-31-2012, 10:10 AM
What about Holmgren coming back? Weren't there reports out there of him going to Dallas? but since that probably won't happen.....its possible he gets into the mix

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2012, 10:12 AM
What about Holmgren coming back? Weren't there reports out there of him going to Dallas? but since that probably won't happen.....its possible he gets into the mix

Holmgren needs to take a year off IMHO. But he probably won't.

Dedhed
12-31-2012, 10:23 AM
all HC are yes men to some extent. McCoy might be just the guy that cutler thrives under.

Anything is possible, but I doubt it. As ironic as it is, I think McDaniels would have been the guy that Cutler would have thrived under. McDaniels isn't afraid to tell Brady how it is, he certainly wouldn't have sugar coated things for Jay.

The problem with Jay is that he wants full control, but if he gets it, he'll destroy a team on the field. If he doesn't get it, he'll destroy a team off the field.

Vine
12-31-2012, 10:38 AM

The Bears started their slide when Cutler had to miss a couple games due to a concussion. How can them missing the playoffs be blamed on Cutler?

The Cutler hate in this forum doesn't make any sense.

Requiem
12-31-2012, 10:40 AM
The Bears started their slide when Cutler had to miss a couple games due to a concussion. How can them missing the playoffs be blamed on Cutler?

Either did your Demaryius nonsense.

Tombstone RJ

meh, who cares? I'm just poking a little fun at jay cutty. After all, I'm only a 6.

winstoncup bronco
Anything is possible, but I doubt it. As ironic as it is, I think McDaniels would have been the guy that Cutler would have thrived under. McDaniels isn't afraid to tell Brady how it is, he certainly wouldn't have sugar coated things for Jay.

The problem with Jay is that he wants full control, but if he gets it, he'll destroy a team on the field. If he doesn't get it, he'll destroy a team off the field.

There's this perception with Cutler that he's a young gunslinger getting ready to bust out......., but he's going to be 30 years old when next season kicks off. At some point people have to realize what he is.

ScottXray
12-31-2012, 10:41 AM

Why wow.? 2 years in a row that team collapsed in the last half of the season to miss the playoffs . They were 7-1 after 8 games this year, end 10-6. That is nearly as bad as losing the division that McD AND Shanny pulled in their last years here. And the state of that line and receiver corps after the trades for Cut and Marshall is inexcusable. Lovie is a good DC , not a head coach.

Vine
12-31-2012, 10:44 AM
Crazy for Chicago. Not quite SD firing schotty, but still. Cutler's career is basically toast with this. There will be a new HC, with new OCs, and another system for Cutler to learn, and the three year cycle that comes with that.

New OC for Cutler? That would lead me to believe that Cutler's career might take off, instead of be toast, if a competent OC is brought in.

Bronco Yoda
12-31-2012, 10:45 AM
Anyone hear if Tebow will be keeping Mularkey?

Looks like Pioli & sexy Rexy are safe for now.

El Guapo
12-31-2012, 10:48 AM
Why wow.? 2 years in a row that team collapsed in the last half of the season to miss the playoffs . They were 7-1 after 8 games this year, end 10-6. That is nearly as bad as losing the division that McD AND Shanny pulled in their last years here. And the state of that line and receiver corps after the trades for Cut and Marshall is inexcusable. Lovie is a good DC , not a head coach.

I'm not blind to the fact that they collapsed the second half of the season. It's a "wow" because it was simply unexpected. The media sources have been flooding us with the obvious of Reid, the Browns situation and of course the chiefs and chargers. Just didn't expect it outright this Monday morning, but in retrospect it is understood. Capiche?

ScottXray
12-31-2012, 10:48 AM

Flynn from Seattle in trade.

barryr
12-31-2012, 10:49 AM
Smith out in Chicago is a surprise, but any coach with Cutler is going to have ups and downs with his inconsistent play and turnovers.

So many high expectations in Philly the last 2 years did Reid in. Plus Vick's up and down play and turnovers killed them too.

Turner is finally gone after like 4 years of job on the line.

Detroit will likely look for a new coach and maybe the Cards too.

Vine
12-31-2012, 10:50 AM

Romo is damaged. He needs a fresh start somewhere else. I am not doubting Romo's talent or ability, but he just can't get it done in Dallas, and I am not sure he ever will. Romo would be an upgrade for 2/3 of NFL teams, but Dallas might want to think about drafting a qb (I know the qb class is weak) and hope they strike gold with like Seattle did with Russel Wilson.

Bronco Yoda
12-31-2012, 10:50 AM

This post rates a 6... could have been a 9 without Cutler in it...

barryr
12-31-2012, 10:56 AM

The Tebow hate makes even less sense but that doesn't stop some people.

El Guapo
12-31-2012, 10:56 AM
Garrett will be around for at least one more year of mediocrity. I think it's hilarious when the camera pans to him mid-game. He always looks lost.

barryr
12-31-2012, 10:58 AM
Garrett will be around for at least one more year of mediocrity. I think it's hilarious when the camera pans to him mid-game. He always looks lost.

Probably, especially since an established coach would probably not be interested in Jones' meddling.

Dedhed
12-31-2012, 11:00 AM
New OC for Cutler? That would lead me to believe that Cutler's career might take off, instead of be toast, if a competent OC is brought in.

He's worked with one of the best OCs in the game, and crapped out.

Dedhed
12-31-2012, 11:03 AM

Really? I was willing to give your "cut Demaryius" take some latitude, but apparently that's one of your stronger takes.

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Romo is damaged. He needs a fresh start somewhere else. I am not doubting Romo's talent or ability, but he just can't get it done in Dallas, and I am not sure he ever will. Romo would be an upgrade for 2/3 of NFL teams, but Dallas might want to think about drafting a qb (I know the qb class is weak) and hope they strike gold with like Seattle did with Russel Wilson.

The team that brings Vick in and runs the pistol has a real good chance to win it all. That's all I'm saying.

El Guapo
12-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Has Gene Smith (GM - Jacksonville) been mentioned as being fired here? NFL Network just reported it.

peacepipe
12-31-2012, 11:06 AM

Who would that be?

Dedhed
12-31-2012, 11:10 AM
Who would that be?

Martz.

barryr
12-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Forte is the key guy on the Bears' offense, but Cutler seems to just wants to play catch with Marshall.

Old Dude
12-31-2012, 11:15 AM
One bloodbath after another today, and the day's still young.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Has Gene Smith (GM - Jacksonville) been mentioned as being fired here? NFL Network just reported it.

Whoever comes in next will have to be Kahns puppet to get tebow. Cannot see Mularkey changing his offense to accommodate tebow.

Bronco Yoda
12-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Black Monday...

Dedhed
12-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Whoever comes in next will have to be Kahns puppet to get tebow. Cannot see Mularkey changing his offense to accommodate tebow.

This very well may be true. Might even pull a Jerry Jones and take over the GM duties until Tebow is in place and he gets a coach who's on board with giving Tebow the reins.

barryr
12-31-2012, 11:20 AM
What the net is saying: Coach Schwartz very likely keeps his job with the Lions, mainly because of his 3 years left on his contract and the GM of the Cards, Graves, is going to be re-assigned, leaving coach Whisenhunt 50-50 of coming back.

Requiem

Martz play calling ultimately led to Cutler getting shelved for the last six games of 2011. He was having a fine year until they went retardedly pass happy and had their two best players molested on the field. Martz resigned, and for good reason. He blew it in Chicago.

El Guapo

Wow, USATODAY reported it 4 hours ago: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jaguars/2012/12/31/gene-smith-fired-shad-khan/1800113/

Regarding the quote; supposedly the owner is the one who wants to bring in Tebow irregardless of what any coach says/thinks.

boltaneer
12-31-2012, 11:21 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Lestat

won't matter, they'll wait like college teams do if he is the guy.

I guarantee del Rio doesn't have chicagos eye. Chicago just fired a defensive minded coach, they're not going to hire another one. They'll be going the other direction.

not so fast my friend! the Jets did it with Mangini and Ryan, we did it with Shanny and McDaniels(almost did it again with Dennison),Dallas did it with Parcells and Phillips,Steelers did it with Cowher and Tomlin,Redskins did it with Zorn and Shanny, 49ers did it with Nolan and Singletary.

a good portion of teams go with the coach that can fix one thing while maintaining or improving the current thing that's solid.

yep, it was all the buzz this morning on ESPN.
after Lovie got fired there was assumptions that Mularkey would get canned and they would bring in Lovie to right the ship.

El Guapo
NFL Network:

Cardinals head coach Ken Wisenhunt and GM Rod Graves have been fired.

barryr
12-31-2012, 11:23 AM
Wow, USATODAY reported it 4 hours ago: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jaguars/2012/12/31/gene-smith-fired-shad-khan/1800113/

Regarding the quote; supposedly the owner is the one who wants to bring in Tebow irregardless of what any coach says/thinks.

The Jags might as well get Tebow. They aren't winning, no one pays attention to them, and they have many empty seats at their games. Tebow automatically changes at least 2 of those things.

24champ
McCoy is good as gone. Some of these spots like Chicago and San Diego can be appealing to him.

g6matty
goodbye JDR & McCoy. hopefully we can land the lombardi before they head elsewhere

barryr
12-31-2012, 11:25 AM
McCoy is good as gone. Some of these spots like Chicago and San Diego can be appealing to him.

Losing Del Rio would be harder to replace than McCoy IMO, unless Manning retired.

Lestat
12-31-2012, 11:26 AM
What the net is saying: Coach Schwartz very likely keeps his job with the Lions, mainly because of his 3 years left on his contract and the GM of the Cards, Graves, is going to be re-assigned, leaving coach Whisenhunt 50-50 of coming back.

it's really not 50-50, apparently his choice will be to give up control of the coaching staff and dismiss Grimm and Miller or get dismissed himself.

DENVERDUI55
12-31-2012, 11:27 AM

Which happened to go when their D quit getting lucky TDs. You can't win with a TO prone qb like jay George. Too many mistakes and it is lock on Marshall and throw it no matter what. He has not progressed since 2 nd yr and that isn't changing anytime soon.

Lestat
12-31-2012, 11:27 AM
NFL Network:

Cardinals head coach Ken Wisenhunt and GM Rod Graves have been fired.

boy i tell you, Kurt Warner was a much better QB than i gave him credit for.
i knew he was good but damn that team has gone to hell since he left.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Irregardless: still not a word.

Blackest Black Monday in a while. THASS RAYCESS.

Vine
12-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Losing Del Rio would be harder to replace than McCoy IMO, unless Manning retired.

If Manning retired, I absolutley don't want McCoy around.

DENVERDUI55
12-31-2012, 11:31 AM
boy i tell you, Kurt Warner was a much better QB than i gave him credit for.
i knew he was good but damn that team has gone to hell since he left.

Everyone in town knew Whiz is a lame duck coach and Graves gives out awful contracts. The only surprise is that bidwell fired them before contracts were up with as cheap as they are.

barryr
it's really not 50-50, apparently his choice will be to give up control of the coaching staff and dismiss Grimm and Miller or get dismissed himself.

LOL, that was fast. I guess he decided to get fired than remove coaches, but with how badly their offense performed and Whisenhunt an offensive-minded coach, I guess not a big surprise.

BroncoInferno

Not necessarily. If we advance to the Super Bowl, a team would have to wait on McCoy and risk missing out on other candidates if they didn't get him. Assistants on SB teams have had a hard time getting hired for that reason. Most teams don't want to sit around and wait.

El Guapo
Irregardless: still not a word.

Blackest Black Monday in a while. THASS RAYCESS.

Actually, it is (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless) (even though technically it is a double-negative). I started to type "regardless," but typed "irregardless" for some Monday morning fun. Yay!

24champ

I don't see any jobs that could be appealing to JDR.

Bills? Cards? Chiefs? Browns? Maybe on the Eagles.

barryr
12-31-2012, 11:33 AM
I don't see any jobs that could be appealing to JDR.

Bills? Cards? Chiefs? Browns? Maybe on the Eagles.

Maybe the Bears.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-31-2012, 11:34 AM

Kahn is a businessman. Knows nothing about football. He sees his fanbase are gator fans. Mularkeys offense is tailored to QBs like Matt Ryan. I do not see him running an option spread. It could get messy down there.

Lestat
12-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Everyone in town knew Whiz is a lame duck coach and Graves gives out awful contracts. The only surprise is that bidwell fired them before contracts were up with as cheap as they are.

oh i knew they were crap. i just didn't know how good Warner truly was. he had the Manning effect on that franchise by retiring.
i thought they'd be a 7-9 or 8-8 competitive type team but they went to the ****ter.

24champ
12-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Not necessarily. If we advance to the Super Bowl, a team would have to wait on McCoy and risk missing out on other candidates if they didn't get him. Assistants on SB teams have had a hard time getting hired for that reason. Most teams don't want to sit around and wait.

That's true, but if teams are really locked in on McCoy or JDR, they will wait. It happened with Shanny after 94' SB.

BroncoBeavis
12-31-2012, 11:36 AM
I think JDR will stick around. Unless someone like Chicago makes it clear he's their guy. I think he's smart enough not to put himself in another bad situation. He can ride what he's got here and build up the cred to land a quality franchise a year or two down the road.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Anyone know the record of fired HCs in a year? Seems like half the league will replace HCs. With so many openings its likely JDR gets attention from several teams. It's up to him if he wants to do a run here.

Lestat
12-31-2012, 11:40 AM
Kahn is a businessman. Knows nothing about football. He sees his fanbase are gator fans. Mularkeys offense is tailored to QBs like Matt Ryan. I do not see him running an option spread. It could get messy down there.

the funny thing about it though, Tebow might be his best option.
Gabbert has been bad, he improved from last year but last year he was atrocious.
Gabbert,Henne and Tebow in a open competition for the QB job with Gator fans and Tebowmaniacs rooting for him.
i'd pray a QB like Bray,Glennon,Wilson or Nassib is still around come the 2nd round if i was Mularkey.

Kaylore
12-31-2012, 11:41 AM
JDR could leave if the GM is good and the situation makes sense for him and his family. There are a lot of teams still picking GM's which could cause some additional sorting and delay some head coaching searches. I could see, ironically, Del Rio getting the Panthers gig, for example.

Vine
12-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Peacepipe should edit and update his original post with firings. He should also label each firing with team name.

ColoradoDarin
12-31-2012, 11:42 AM
The Jags might as well get Tebow. They aren't winning, no one pays attention to them, and they have many empty seats at their games. Tebow automatically changes at least 2 of those things.

Untrue.

Tombstone RJ
12-31-2012, 11:46 AM
love the fact that Pioli has not yet been fired. It's gonna be funny to watch the melt down on CP after Pioli retains his position as GM and Ferentz is hired to be the HC. It will be an epic melt down. However, if this all comes to fruition, I just know there will still be some fans on CP saying "everything is ok, all kc needs is a QB." But then Pioli/Ferentz will draft a LT with the first pick and the CP implosion will be complete.

Vine
12-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Untrue.

The common perception of Jax is poor attendance. So I looked it up.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

Jax home games is 96.8% capacity, which puts them right near the middle, so there are quite a few empty seats. But not nearly as bad as some of the teams at the bottom.

Hamrob
12-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Did Shwartz save his job? If so, I'm surprised.

Lestat
12-31-2012, 11:55 AM
Did Shwartz save his job? If so, I'm surprised.
no, his dumb ass GM who gave him a contract extension with 3 years left on it saved his job.
that mother is the Lane Kiffin of NFL coaches.

Dedhed
12-31-2012, 11:55 AM
the funny thing about it though, Tebow might be his best option.
Gabbert has been bad, he improved from last year but last year he was atrocious.
Gabbert,Henne and Tebow in a open competition for the QB job with Gator fans and Tebowmaniacs rooting for him.
i'd pray a QB like Bray,Glennon,Wilson or Nassib is still around come the 2nd round if i was Mularkey.

I made a similar post in another thread. Gabbert and Henne are both terrible, and that roster is mediocre at best. Throwing Tebow out there will at least create some fervor in the fan base, and I think they'd be more competitive with a Tebow offense than trying to run a top shelf offense with either of the above mentioned QBs.

This is a terrible draft for QBs, so there isn't much help there. Get Tebow for nothing and at least get a year of marketing publicity out if him, see if he sparks the team and if not get a QB in 2014.

peacepipe
12-31-2012, 11:56 AM

Jax home games is 96.8% capacity, which puts them right near the middle, so there are quite a few empty seats. But not nearly as bad as some of the teams at the bottom.

I've addressed this issue before,loopholes in the black out rules are at work here. Jags had to file extent ion to avoid a blackout first game of the season. Excitement of a new football season starting would fill a stadium anywhere but Jacksonville.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/sportsmoney/2011/05/25/how-sports-attendance-figures-speak-lies/

Attendance is based on ticket sales not actual attendance.

Lestat
12-31-2012, 11:58 AM
I made a similar post in another thread. Gabbert and Henne are both terrible, and that roster is mediocre at best. Throwing Tebow out there will at least create some fervor in the fan base, and I think they'd be more competitive with a Tebow offense than trying to run a top shelf offense with either of the above mentioned QBs.

This is a terrible draft for QBs, so there isn't much help there. Get Tebow for nothing and at least get a year of marketing publicity out if him, see if he sparks the team and if not get a QB in 2014.

it's a terrible draft for the first round and needing a instant franchise QB.
but that was also thought about the QB's behind Luck and RGIII last year.

there are some QB's in the draft with franchise QB potential but i wouldn't draft any of them in the first round. or at least not top 20-25.
Glennon,Bray and potentially Boyd if he comes out would be nice QB's to take in the 2nd and develop but all 3 likely end up in the first round along with Smith and Barkley.

bowtown
12-31-2012, 11:58 AM
Whisenhunt and Graves both out in AZ

Dedhed
12-31-2012, 11:59 AM

They also cover about 10,000 seats for every home game. So there's that.:wave:

ColoradoDarin
12-31-2012, 12:04 PM

I thought so too for a long time and I even live here, but several friends are Jags season tix holders and posted about it mid-season. I am amazed that they had as much attendance this year even considering how bad they are. They even had to take off some tarps and open up a section for the NE game a couple of weeks ago.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-31-2012, 12:05 PM
Glennon will rise up boards toward the draft.

And Dedhed is right. Tarps conceal uninterest.

ludo21
12-31-2012, 12:13 PM
prediction:

Ray Horton gets Cardinal Job

..sources... my eye on the AZ Defense all year

ColoradoDarin
12-31-2012, 12:14 PM
The capacity of Everbank Field is 67,246 with the tarps, that number is larger than 11 other NFL stadiums. Remove the tarps and it would be the 4th largest NFL stadium.

Lestat
12-31-2012, 12:19 PM
prediction:

Ray Horton gets Cardinal Job

..sources... my eye on the AZ Defense all year

wouldn't shock me. they were very worried about losing him to another team and that was part of why they kinda hoped Wisenhunt would refuse to give up staff control.

And Dedhed is right. Tarps conceal uninterest.

oh i agree. i think Glennon and Bray rise up and get taken top 15. Bray is a bigger version of Cutler, he will fly up the boards and some team will fall in love with his arm.

Dedhed
12-31-2012, 12:23 PM
The capacity of Everbank Field is 67,246 with the tarps, that number is larger than 11 other NFL stadiums. Remove the tarps and it would be the 4th largest NFL stadium.

Fill the seats under the tarps with butts, and you have one of the higher revenue teams in the league then.

Boltjolt
12-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Happy day in San Diego..Norv is finally walking out the door and he took AJ down with him. AJ's worst move was hiring him.

NFLBRONCO
12-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Happy day in San Diego..Norv is finally walking out the door and he took AJ down with him. AJ's worst move was hiring him.

Who do you want as HC?

SoCalBronco
12-31-2012, 12:55 PM
Is Fat Scott still alive?

Boltjolt
12-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Who do you want as HC?

Not sure at this point. I can tell you i dont want Reid, Gruden or Billick.

I am intriqued with Chip Kelly but it isnt going to happen. He wants a mobile QB and that isnt Rivers....and he wants control and that wont happen here either. Plus it never works in the NFL especially for a first time NFL HC.

I d be happy with Arians but who knows who they want to talk to. They hired Ron Wolfe as a consultant and id love for him to be the GM but doubt that is why he is here.

R8R H8R
12-31-2012, 01:08 PM

I don't know what surprises me more, this, or the fact that Miami is #32.

SoCalBronco
12-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Lovie is out.....I really want Kyle to get that job.

gunns
12-31-2012, 01:21 PM

Nope, I like my brother too much.

R8R H8R
12-31-2012, 01:21 PM

So do I, but admittedly, not for the same reasons as you. ;)

I admire the Shanahans, but sorry, Kyle is nowhere near ready to be a HC in this league. And his father knows it.

BroncoBeavis
12-31-2012, 01:28 PM

Pittsburgh at #25 (at home) and 94%. Can this be true?

But then they top the league in road attendance (not so surprising)

I'm not sure what those percentages really mean though. Dallas has 110%, so whatever capacity numbers they use must be pretty artificial.

boltaneer
12-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Not sure at this point. I can tell you i dont want Reid, Gruden or Billick.

I am intriqued with Chip Kelly but it isnt going to happen. He wants a mobile QB and that isnt Rivers....and he wants control and that wont happen here either. Plus it never works in the NFL especially for a first time NFL HC.

I d be happy with Arians but who knows who they want to talk to. They hired Ron Wolfe as a consultant and id love for him to be the GM but doubt that is why he is here.

It's been reported that one coach the Chargers are interested in is Arians.

ColoradoDarin
12-31-2012, 01:31 PM
Pittsburgh at #25 (at home) and 94%. Can this be true?

But then they top the league in road attendance (not so surprising)

I'm not sure what those percentages really mean though. Dallas has 110%, so whatever capacity numbers they use must be pretty artificial.

They probably count the number of seats for capacity, and Dallas has that huge standing room only area.

B-Large
12-31-2012, 01:37 PM
Gailey should never have been the HC in the first place. that was a WTF move that everyone thought would backfire.
my question is why are so many GM's who have caused a lot of this mess getting to keep their jobs?

Nix & Pioli for example still have jobs yet they dang near cratered these franchises.
though granted the HC will have say in whether Pioli stays on.
look at Arizona and Rod Graves, Ken Wisenhunt is likely gone but Graves might stay.

which BTW, Wisenhunt & Shurmur are my top 2 choices for OC if McCoy leaves.

Nix stays, he deafted guys like Spiller, Dareus, Byrd, Levitre, Gilmore.... he has done a nice job of picking up some UDFA and other guys to give the Bills a respectible roster. He also never let Mario Williams leave town, just asked Ralph to pull up the money truck and dump it on his lawn...

Gailey was a retard, but nobody else wanted to the Bills job after Jauron was canned.... that roster is much better, and they new Coach gets to drafted a new QB to build around. Gailey kept Spiller under 10 carries a game and the guy was averging like 8+ yards a carry... he left Ryan Fitzpatrick, I repeat Ryan Fitzpatrick throw 30+ times per game.... good lord Chan, WTF?

I would be suprised to see Love go to Buffalo, just a hunch- they have a excellent from 4 that were not used well under Wandstandt, they have some great pieces int he secondary, and have the 8th pick to grab a top Defensive player...

Bronco Yoda
12-31-2012, 01:39 PM
How about Nick Saban called up to the Browns?

Lestat
12-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Nix stays, he deafted guys like Spiller, Dareus, Byrd, Levitre, Gilmore.... he has done a nice job of picking up some UDFA and other guys to give the Bills a respectible roster. He also never let Mario Williams leave town, just asked Ralph to pull up the money truck and dump it on his lawn...

Gailey was a retard, but nobody else wanted to the Bills job after Jauron was canned.... that roster is much better, and they new Coach gets to drafted a new QB to build around. Gailey kept Spiller under 10 carries a game and the guy was averging like 8+ yards a carry... he left Ryan Fitzpatrick, I repeat Ryan Fitzpatrick throw 30+ times per game.... good lord Chan, WTF?

I would be suprised to see Love go to Buffalo, just a hunch- they have a excellent from 4 that were not used well under Wandstandt, they have some great pieces int he secondary, and have the 8th pick to grab a top Defensive player...

Nix also gave Fitz all that money and he has been crap every since.
he made the call to make Chan the HC and he's still the GM that presiding over the craptacular 16-32 reign of Gailey. since he's been a part of the franchise for a 2nd time they have picked 11th,9th,3rd and 10th. they will likely pick 6th this year.
gaining talent or not that's piss poor on field results and it starts at the top.
this is also the same dude who has recently said that he will draft a franchise QB and is willing to trade up for one in the 2013 draft(he's always public about offseason plans)

Bronco Yoda
12-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Smith and Urlacher to the Cards?

g6matty
12-31-2012, 02:09 PM
who is heckert

B-Large
12-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Nix also gave Fitz all that money and he has been crap every since.
he made the call to make Chan the HC and he's still the GM that presiding over the craptacular 16-32 reign of Gailey. since he's been a part of the franchise for a 2nd time they have picked 11th,9th,3rd and 10th. they will likely pick 6th this year.
gaining talent or not that's piss poor on field results and it starts at the top.
this is also the same dude who has recently said that he will draft a franchise QB and is willing to trade up for one in the 2013 draft(he's always public about offseason plans)

The Bills need a QB. Period. Nix's biggest flub was not grabbing a QB last draft when there were good prospects to be had. The Bills have drafted two QB's in the recents history (2000 on)... traded up for JP Losman, yikes, and a 7th round kid Levi Brown that was, well, Levi Brown.

He paid Fitzpatrick because there were no clear upgrades in FA, and Fitz was servicable and playing well a few years ago... I guess they learned you can only go so far with a QB that can't throw the ball with any accuracy over 20 yards.... lol... but the fact they don't lean heavily on Spiller (20 carries a game) is a big mystery to everyone...

I will disagree somewhat about the on the field performance, Gailey was not a good HC and had an offense that was pass happy designed around a guy with limited skills, range and in the end was probably a back-up QB. The Bills also set a record of giving up 45+ liek 5 times this season... Gailey probably should have canned/killed Wanny with that performance and that defense roster,... its embarassing.

Bronco Yoda
12-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Reid is buying a boogie board and season passes to the San Diego zoo as we type.

Agamemnon
12-31-2012, 02:21 PM
How about Nick Saban called up to the Browns?

Saban would be a complete retard to make that move...

R8R H8R
12-31-2012, 02:21 PM

Many on this board tried to tell you guys that at the time, but we were told by the SD fans that there was so much talent on the team that it wouldn't matter.

extralife
12-31-2012, 02:23 PM

Kyle is going to either wait for Kubiak to get fired, or Daddy to step down. The Chiefs are a somewhat intriguing possibility, but I see him biding his time.

El Guapo
12-31-2012, 02:33 PM
who is heckert

Here you go. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=who+is+heckert%3F)

g6matty
12-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Here you go. (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=who+is+heckert%3F)

youre very informative thank you

Gutless Drunk
12-31-2012, 02:44 PM
Though he'd like to be an HC again one day, Pats OC Josh McDaniels notified teams Monday he will remain in NE, not interview for HC jobs now

https://twitter.com/ADAM_SCHEFTER

srphoenix
12-31-2012, 02:44 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Though he'd like to be an HC again one day, Pats OC Josh McDaniels notified teams Monday he will remain in NE, not interview for HC jobs now

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
The outrage I'm hearing from Bears' players regarding Lovie Smith firing is about as strong as I've ever heard after a coach's dismissal

Damn, this would have been a match made in heaven to see McDaniels reunited with Cutler and Marshall

SoCalBronco
12-31-2012, 02:46 PM

I.e he knows he is toxic and no one wants him.

Play2win
12-31-2012, 02:52 PM

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
The outrage I'm hearing from Bears' players regarding Lovie Smith firing is about as strong as I've ever heard after a coach's dismissal

Damn, this would have been a match made in heaven to see McDaniels reunited with Cutler and Marshall

Hilarious!

Agamemnon
12-31-2012, 02:57 PM
I.e he knows he is toxic and no one wants him.

I bet someone would hire him. There's no shortage of stupidity amongst NFL owners.

Bronco Yoda
12-31-2012, 02:58 PM

I wonder what sort of blood oath the dark one made Mcdoofus sign when he slinked back to his hole.

Lestat
12-31-2012, 03:06 PM

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

yeah, Devin Hester has gone on record saying he is thinking about retiring now and the Lovie move nearly cements it.

who is heckert
former GM of the Eagles, left to get more GM responsibilities instead of just being Andy Reid's lackey.
which is also the same reason Joe Banner left the eagles after Reid forced ownership to give him back the power he had lost to Banner and Roseman.

The Bills need a QB. Period. Nix's biggest flub was not grabbing a QB last draft when there were good prospects to be had. The Bills have drafted two QB's in the recents history (2000 on)... traded up for JP Losman, yikes, and a 7th round kid Levi Brown that was, well, Levi Brown.

He paid Fitzpatrick because there were no clear upgrades in FA, and Fitz was servicable and playing well a few years ago... I guess they learned you can only go so far with a QB that can't throw the ball with any accuracy over 20 yards.... lol... but the fact they don't lean heavily on Spiller (20 carries a game) is a big mystery to everyone...

I will disagree somewhat about the on the field performance, Gailey was not a good HC and had an offense that was pass happy designed around a guy with limited skills, range and in the end was probably a back-up QB. The Bills also set a record of giving up 45+ liek 5 times this season... Gailey probably should have canned/killed Wanny with that performance and that defense roster,... its embarassing.

he paid for mediocrity and he got it.
i'm not saying he hasn't done some solid things. but the moves he's messed up on have set the team back and now you have to hire a coach who is a home run hire and will change the culture.
you also now put yourself in the position where you have to find a way to get either Geno Smith,Mike Glennon,Tyler Wilson or Tyler Bray to sell to your fan base as the franchise QB.
Matt Barkley ain't gonna be an easy sell considering his arm and coming off of injury as well as a disappointing senior season.
the Bills have many holes to fix and likely only 2 more years to fix them if Nix stays as GM.

strafen
12-31-2012, 03:16 PM
So far:
Head Coaches:
Pat Schurmuur
Andy Reid
Romeo Crennel
Norv Turner
Lovie Smith
Chan Gailey
Whisenhut

Other possible firings Ron Rivera

GMs:
Heckert
Tannenbaum
AJ Smith
Rod graves

Trying to keep track.Should we lose both JDR and McCoy, I think we have a nice pool of possible coordinators to choose from.
I personallydon't think we'd lose JDR, but if we did, my vote would be to get Lovie Smith to be our DC.
As for the OC, Norv Turner and Chan Gailey are both good OC's

Aftermath
12-31-2012, 03:52 PM
Should we lose both JDR and McCoy, I think we have a nice pool of possible coordinators to choose from.
I personallydon't think we'd lose JDR, but if we did, my vote would be to get Lovie Smith to be our DC.
As for the OC, Norv Turner and Chan Gailey are both good OC's

I doubt we would get someone like these guys. Probably someone Fox has worked with in the past. Any of these guys ever work with Fox? Im just asking, I have no idea.

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 08:16 PM

Haha not after today.

SoCalBronco
12-31-2012, 08:20 PM
No one will rise up the boards because they are all mediocre. Chiefs should trade down and stockpile picks even if you have to give up value in moving down.

FearLanier
12-31-2012, 08:29 PM
No one will rise up the boards because they are all mediocre. Chiefs should trade down and stockpile picks even if you have to give up value in moving down.

I don't believe anybody would want to move up SoCal. What player is worth moving up for?

KipCorrington25
12-31-2012, 08:36 PM
If McCoy leaves Manning will pick the next OC not Fox...

SoCalBronco
12-31-2012, 08:45 PM
I don't believe anybody would want to move up SoCal. What player is worth moving up for?

There may be a club at say 15 or so that would want a non QB who they think will go somewhere in the Top 5. Chiefs could move down to 15 pick up a 2nd and a decent starter. Yes....that is generally not the Kings Ransom you see given for the 1st pick (like the RG3 trade) but they have to adjust to the reality of the draft.

spiralism
01-01-2013, 03:18 AM
I'd love to see Lovie getting the Bills job. It would create legit competition for the Pats scum that isn't equally as despicable (Jets). Also am quite fond of the Bills with their early 90s history and would love to see the culture of losing being changed there.

As long as he stays away from SD or KC, i'm happy though. If Pioli sticks around we need only worry about one of those though.

Drek
01-01-2013, 05:41 AM
I'd love to see Lovie getting the Bills job. It would create legit competition for the Pats scum that isn't equally as despicable (Jets). Also am quite fond of the Bills with their early 90s history and would love to see the culture of losing being changed there.

As long as he stays away from SD or KC, i'm happy though. If Pioli sticks around we need only worry about one of those though.

Lovie can't fix the Bills. They need an elite offense and that is something Lovie has consistently failed to deliver.

Honestly, if Lovie jumps right back in with another team I think it's going to end very badly. He needs to take a step back and work as a DC to build up his network and start planning how he's going to get over his lack of offensive resources. If he jumps straight into a new job he's going to have a rather short rope and likely not a very good team.

The only situation I see him viewing as a good fit is SD because they already have Rivers, but he's shown no ability to pick a better OC to help get Rivers back on track so even that would be a coin toss.

dsmoot
01-01-2013, 06:22 AM

Jerry made a great hire with Jimmy. He made an equally horrible hire with Barry (I can't stand Barry). It has been down hill ever since. I find it sad when you now see the early 90 Cowboys talk about the regret they have on the Jimmy firing and what could have been. I have the same feelings about Jerry that I did about Steinbrenner - the bad results couldn't happen to a more deserving person. At least George finally learned to take his hands off the Yankees day to day and hire Torre, spend the money on players and generally keep out his way. Jerry still has a little way to go to meet the total ineptitude of a Bill Bidwell in St.Louis/Arizona.

dsmoot
01-01-2013, 06:35 AM

I think Garrett will be a good head coach. Romo is a QB that is really confusing. Looks great for periods of time and at the worst time can turn into a turnover machine. The Cowboys have some talent/depth issues which comes back to Jerry. Interesting to see if Cowboys pursue a QB of the future. I assume Kyle Orton has faded into the background in Dallas. I can't believe that was a good move for him after the attitude he left Denver with.

kappys
01-01-2013, 06:37 AM
I think Garrett will be a good head coach. Romo is a QB that is really confusing. Looks great for periods of time and at the worst time can turn into a turnover machine. The Cowboys have some talent/depth issues which comes back to Jerry. Interesting to see if Cowboys pursue a QB of the future. I assume Kyle Orton has faded into the background in Dallas. I can't believe that was a good move for him after the attitude he left Denver with.

Romo is a difficult QB - too good to spend a high pick on a QB in the draft to take his job - but not consistent enough and too mistake prone to join the ranks of an elite QB that can get you to a SB. Romo could develop into a Gannon kind of guy with time but so far I don't really see it happening.

maven
01-01-2013, 07:28 AM

Lots of factors:

1. Miami only supports winners. The team has been awful for years upon years upon years

3. lots of transplants who arent dolphin fans

2. Owner is inept. Cares more about celebs and having other stupid **** in the stadium

3. Gm is inept-Ireland sucks

4. The stadium is effin hot. There is no breeze, nothing. People do not want to sit in that stadium, including night games, when the product on the field is bad. The dolphins want to stick a semi-cover on the stadium but want public funds to do it. Problem is the stadium is owned by the owner. Use your own money. Stadium is becoming out of flavor to host sb because of needed upgrades.

Lestat
01-01-2013, 08:19 AM

Buffalo will be interesting. according to Schefter he is remaining with the Bills but the GM duties will eventually go to Doug Whaley.

so a much needed change in GM's would help. the structure of that team is poor and they have to find a top QB either through FA or the draft(a trade isn't gonna happen).

Lovie Smith is a really good coach and Buffalo would be a good fit for him so long as he snags a top notch OC and makes the front office shore up the O.
he'd have more weapons and a more stout OL than with the Bears already but still the same lack of WR corp depth and once again he wouldn't have a top notch QB to start out with.

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2013, 08:25 AM

I agree. I'd love to see the Bills become competitive in the AFCE. I'm so tired of the NE circus and the jets circus. I'd love to see Lovie Smith coach a badass defense to wreak havoc for the pats. The Bills have some talent, they just need a solid HC to get them pointed in the right direction.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: A team like the Bills should bring in Vick and run the pistol offense.

spiralism
01-01-2013, 08:53 AM
People are saying Buffalo wouldn't be a good fit because of a bad O but look at it this way, he'd have them doing what they do well. They have a far better OL than Chicago (not saying much) and would run the ball with Spiller, which Gailey inexplicably hated doing, and have Fitzpatrick throwing checkdowns and safer passes instead of dropping back 50 times a game and bombing it downfield. Not to mention he'd sort out their underachieving D, there are quite a few talented players on it that he'd get great use out of.

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2013, 09:00 AM
People are saying Buffalo wouldn't be a good fit because of a bad O but look at it this way, he'd have them doing what they do well. They have a far better OL than Chicago (not saying much) and would run the ball with Spiller, which Gailey inexplicably hated doing, and have Fitzpatrick throwing checkdowns and safer passes instead of dropping back 50 times a game and bombing it downfield. Not to mention he'd sort out their underachieving D, there are quite a few talented players on it that he'd get great use out of.

yah, I think it's a good match. He'd get more out of that defense for sure. I think Fitz can be a good QB as far as a game manager.

Lestat
01-01-2013, 09:16 AM

i think Buffalo would be a really good fit for him. Philly would be another good fit but i think they'll look for a offensive guru instead.
Cleveland is another solid fit. they have a good D, their offense is coming around and Richardson will allow him to bring Weeden along slowly.

Dedhed
01-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Martz play calling ultimately led to Cutler getting shelved for the last six games of 2011. He was having a fine year until they went retardedly pass happy and had their two best players molested on the field. Martz resigned, and for good reason. He blew it in Chicago.
Cutler got exactly what he asked for with Martz. Remember, Martz had to interview with Cutler before he was handed the job and he staked his claim on Cutler's arm; it was an utter flop.

It also proves my point that if Cutler gets his way he'll ruin a team.

broncocalijohn
01-01-2013, 11:48 AM
All those head coaches fired and Rex Ryan sticks around in the NFL. I wonder what toes he had to suck to keep his job.

Boltjolt
01-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Many on this board tried to tell you guys that at the time, but we were told by the SD fans that there was so much talent on the team that it wouldn't matter.

I wasnt one of them. Probably all the ignorant kids at Chargers.com said that. Awful forum there.
I hated the hire from the minute i heard it. 6 seasons with Norv was much too long and AJ Smith deserved to be fired along with him for that horrible hire.
The players all love him but he has no killer instinct as a HC and he isnt tough enough on the players. He wussified that team into regressing every season he was here.
You should win the division at least next year as well. Perhaps two years depending on how our new regime does. I hope it is a fast fix as some teams have but you cant count on that.
We most likely will get a new offensive scheme which means some struggles early and maybe even a new defensive scheme if the new HC brings in another DC but i hope not. Pagano has done well here as a first time DC and we are built for the 3-4. Our DL is young and strong so i like that. Reyes and Luiget are going to be absolute studs. Ingram should have more impact next year too so good basis to leave that in place.
We'll see what changes for us.

Boltjolt
01-01-2013, 12:16 PM
Reid is buying a boogie board and season passes to the San Diego zoo as we type.

Chargers said they arent interested in Reid.

R8R H8R
01-01-2013, 12:34 PM
I wasnt one of them. Probably all the ignorant kids at Chargers.com said that. Awful forum there.
I hated the hire from the minute i heard it. 6 seasons with Norv was much too long and AJ Smith deserved to be fired along with him for that horrible hire.
The players all love him but he has no killer instinct as a HC and he isnt tough enough on the players. He wussified that team into regressing every season he was here.
You should win the division at least next year as well. Perhaps two years depending on how our new regime does. I hope it is a fast fix as some teams have but you cant count on that.
We most likely will get a new offensive scheme which means some struggles early and maybe even a new defensive scheme if the new HC brings in another DC but i hope not. Pagano has done well here as a first time DC and we are built for the 3-4. Our DL is young and strong so i like that. Reyes and Luiget are going to be absolute studs. Ingram should have more impact next year too so good basis to leave that in place.
We'll see what changes for us.

AJ's ego just may have screwed himself out of ever getting a GM job again. After firing a 14-2 coach, and staying with Norv for 6 years, it is painfully obvious that it was more important to AJ to have a yes-man than a winner.

uplink
01-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Romo is a difficult QB - too good to spend a high pick on a QB in the draft to take his job - but not consistent enough and too mistake prone to join the ranks of an elite QB that can get you to a SB. Romo could develop into a Gannon kind of guy with time but so far I don't really see it happening.

I remember Gannon when he was the back-up in KC. He wasn't mistake prone, he gave KC the best option to win but was stuck on the bench because he didn't have the prototypical size and arm strength.

Romo needs a head coach who will demand perfection from the QB position. A guy with the guts to bench him if needed. The cowboys are wasting their time with Garrett, they need an established guy at coach I think. Reid, Cowher, Holmgren, or chucky might be good options for this team (maybe not others)

Cito Pelon
01-01-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm surprised Shwartz is still in Detroit. Seems like this would be a good year for them to pick up a proven HC.

broncocalijohn
01-01-2013, 01:11 PM

I would feel sorry for that boogie board.

Boltjolt
01-01-2013, 02:43 PM
AJ's ego just may have screwed himself out of ever getting a GM job again. After firing a 14-2 coach, and staying with Norv for 6 years, it is painfully obvious that it was more important to AJ to have a yes-man than a winner.

AJ should find another job as a GM pretty quick i think. My bet is he goes to the Jets. But you never know. There are worse GM's out there than AJ. Ireland still has a job and so does Speilman and those guys arent that good.

DBroncos4life
01-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Looks like the Cards are going to get Andy Reid.

Tombstone RJ
01-01-2013, 03:08 PM
AJ Smith is an overrated GM. The other GM before AJ (the guy who died) built that team and AJ just benefitted from that. His drafts really were not very good and now the team is paying the price. Plus, he hired Norval.

Broncobiv
01-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Andy Reid to be reunited with Kevin Kolb...wonder if he'll still suck?

R8R H8R
01-01-2013, 04:04 PM
AJ Smith is an overrated GM. The other GM before AJ (the guy who died) built that team and AJ just benefitted from that. His drafts really were not very good and now the team is paying the price. Plus, he hired Norval.

QFT. Butler was his name and was a protege' of Polian.
Despite AJ's mediocre drafts the last few years, he really blew his wad this offseason when he spent a ton of money on FA, under pressure of the fans, to try and replace VJ, Sproles, etc., and we saw what happened.

Tim
01-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Andy Reid in Arizona would be good for them till Reid goes back to his old self and promotes Kolb the starter with an awful plan b.

Boltjolt
01-01-2013, 04:37 PM

False. Butler didnt build those playoff teams. He died prior to the 2003 draft. When AJ took over he got rid of bad signings by Butler that were David Boston and Marcelis Wiley. Butler is the guy who dumped Seau and Rodney Harrison. Dont get me wrong, i liked Butler but he didnt build those teams.

AJ didnt do the FA'cy thing very often and only dabbled in it last offseason because he had to get back in the playoffs or get canned because he stuck by Norv.

AJ had a good 2004 draft and a good 2005 draft and then some not so great ones. I thought his last two were good though not as good as 2004 and 2005 but again...when you pick higher in every round like you have been lately, you have better drafts and thats the idea of why the lessor teams pick earlier.
Seems Oakland is bucking that system though. They have sucked at drafting for like 10 years....lol

AJ didnt do well in getting anything for those leaving like Micheal Turner and Sproles. He could have got two high picks for Turner and kept him and just let him walk afterwards . Belichick seems to do well getting picks for players.

I dont know what do to keep VJ. The guy got 55 million. Tampa could afford that and had a ton of cap room and you also have to remember that the league now requires teams to spend up to a certain percentage of the cap. We had cap space but not near what Tampa had and they signed two players to huge deals.

Lestat
01-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Reid in Arizona needs to be simply a coach. that's been the big issue for him lately. too much GM power and not enough focus on hiring a great staff.

Requiem
01-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Andy Reid is going to melt some fat off in the hot Arizona sun. Good for you, Coach Tubs o' Lot.

Lestat
01-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Andy Reid is going to melt some fat off in the hot Arizona sun. Good for you, Coach Tubs o' Lot.

yeah right, only way that dude loses weight is if he stops eating.

Boogerboots
01-02-2013, 07:16 AM
Looks like the Cards are going to get Andy Reid.

Big Red Jumpsuit

ColoradoDarin
01-02-2013, 07:57 AM
With this article (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/eagles-search-coach-could-awhile-210533750--nfl.html)

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Jeffrey Lurie's search for the Philadelphia Eagles' next coach began before he fired Andy Reid and could last until the Super Bowl.

Makes me wonder if McCoy is on the Eagles radar? If they're willing to wait until Feb to hire a HC, this probably would be a good spot for him to land.

bowtown
01-02-2013, 09:47 AM
With this article (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/eagles-search-coach-could-awhile-210533750--nfl.html)

Makes me wonder if McCoy is on the Eagles radar? If they're willing to wait until Feb to hire a HC, this probably would be a good spot for him to land.

They are going to try to land Chip Kelly.

Durango
01-02-2013, 10:48 AM
I know that some fear the potential departure of of Jack Del Rio after scheming this Broncos team to a top-5 defense, but I saw this comment from Del Rio on Yahoo Sports news:

"When you're a young guy and you haven't been there, the urgency and desire to get that opportunity is such that you'd take just about any job given to you," said Del Rio, who was in charge in Jacksonville for nine seasons. "I don't feel that way now. If there's something that fits and the right situation comes along, so be it. But in the meantime, I'm all in, 100 percent as a lieutenant on this staff. I'm somebody that John Fox, John Elway ... and the players can count on. I'm 100 percent invested in helping them be their best."

spiralism
01-02-2013, 11:02 AM
Reid set to interview with KC...PLEASE let this happen. Him or Whisenhunt can do fine if there's a good QB already there but God help you if there isn't. One of them getting the KC job would be fine by me.

2KBack
01-02-2013, 11:19 AM
Reid set to interview with KC...PLEASE let this happen. Him or Whisenhunt can do fine if there's a good QB already there but God help you if there isn't. One of them getting the KC job would be fine by me.

Reid has been making mediocre QB's look good for most of his career.

Tombstone RJ
01-02-2013, 11:27 AM
False. Butler didnt build those playoff teams. He died prior to the 2003 draft. When AJ took over he got rid of bad signings by Butler that were David Boston and Marcelis Wiley. Butler is the guy who dumped Seau and Rodney Harrison. Dont get me wrong, i liked Butler but he didnt build those teams.

AJ didnt do the FA'cy thing very often and only dabbled in it last offseason because he had to get back in the playoffs or get canned because he stuck by Norv.

AJ had a good 2004 draft and a good 2005 draft and then some not so great ones. I thought his last two were good though not as good as 2004 and 2005 but again...when you pick higher in every round like you have been lately, you have better drafts and thats the idea of why the lessor teams pick earlier.
Seems Oakland is bucking that system though. They have sucked at drafting for like 10 years....lol

AJ didnt do well in getting anything for those leaving like Micheal Turner and Sproles. He could have got two high picks for Turner and kept him and just let him walk afterwards . Belichick seems to do well getting picks for players.

I dont know what do to keep VJ. The guy got 55 million. Tampa could afford that and had a ton of cap room and you also have to remember that the league now requires teams to spend up to a certain percentage of the cap. We had cap space but not near what Tampa had and they signed two players to huge deals.

LOL

I'll take Butler over AJ any day of the week.

Lestat
01-02-2013, 11:39 AM
They are going to try to land Chip Kelly.

Kelly,O'Brien or McCoy would make the most sense for Philly but rumor is Kelly has a deal in place with the Browns.