PDA

View Full Version : Week #17 Predictions

Armchair Bronco
12-29-2012, 12:54 AM
Colts will beat the Texans. Meanwhile, Denver will beat the Chiefs, securing the #1 seed in the AFC.

Hawks will crush the Rams.

49ers will beat the Cardinals to secure the NFC West crown.

Cowboys will beat the Redskins in overtime.

The Jets will, fittingly, finish out their season with a loss to Buffalo.

Wilson will either tie or break Peyton Manning's rookie mark for TD passes.

Vikings will win, but Adrian Peterson will not break Eric Dickerson's single-season rushing mark.

Bacchus
12-29-2012, 01:01 AM
Colts will beat the Texans. Meanwhile, Denver will beat the Chiefs, securing the #1 seed in the AFC.

Vikings will win, but Adrian Peterson will not break Eric Dickerson's single-season rushing mark.

Seems reasonable, the only ones I disagree with is that the Skins beat Cowboys and Pack beats Vikes.

Doggcow
12-29-2012, 01:01 AM
You left out probably the most relevant game other than Denver/KC, and that's NE/MIA

I hope Miami knocks em off. Miami has a knack for it.

ZONA
12-29-2012, 02:36 AM

Rams have a good defense and like the Vikings, sometimes their offense comes to play. The beat the 49's once and tied then a second time. I think they give the Seahags a game.

Jets lose - I agree

Cardinals suck

I'll take the skins at home

Packers beat Vikings - Peterson gets 2K but not the record.

DBroncos4life
12-29-2012, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't be shocked to see Texans and Balt win early and NE to lose on purpose to get the 4th seed. The path would be much easier for NE that way.

Action
12-29-2012, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't be shocked to see Texans and Balt win early and NE to lose on purpose to get the 4th seed. The path would be much easier for NE that way.

You wouldn't be shocked to see a team lose on purpose to get a lower seed because they would be playing easier teams?

You think a BB will lose on purpose in order to get an easier path?

Please tell me, why wouldn't you be shocked? I mean, this must have happened many times in history already to not be shocked, so I must be completely uninformed.

OBF1
12-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Denver, NE, Houston will all win in the AFC. I think the Vikings, Giants, Dallas, SF and Seattle will win. Megaton and Peterson will both hit the 2K mark.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-30-2012, 08:45 AM
Ill take GB, SF, SEA, Skins, NE, Indy and Denver.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-30-2012, 08:46 AM
You wouldn't be shocked to see a team lose on purpose to get a lower seed because they would be playing easier teams?

You think a BB will lose on purpose in order to get an easier path?

Please tell me, why wouldn't you be shocked? I mean, this must have happened many times in history already to not be shocked, so I must be completely uninformed.

dont be an ass

baja
12-30-2012, 08:52 AM

That is an interesting point.

NE loses and goes to Houston instead of to Denver (doubt they would intent ally lose) but this is exactly why I prefer to have NE in Denver in the 2nd round after our bye and why I would pass on the #1 seed to make it happen.

RedskinBronco
12-30-2012, 09:31 AM
In AFC, I see it ending as 1. Houston 2. Denver 3. NE 4. Baltimore

So I am going with Houston, Denver Ws and doesn't matter what NE does because I see Baltimore losing.

In NFC, I see it ending as 2. GB 3. SF 4. WSH 5. Seahawks 6. Bears

Going GB, SF, Seattle, Skins, Chicago all Ws

Anything can happen cowboys/skins, but I just don't see both Vikings AND Bears losing and skins sneaking in 6 if they lose to Dallas. So I will go Skins with 4 seed.

DBroncos4life
12-30-2012, 10:05 AM
That is an interesting point.

NE loses and goes to Houston instead of to Denver (doubt they would intent ally lose) but this is exactly why I prefer to have NE in Denver in the 2nd round after our bye and why I would pass on the #1 seed to make it happen.
They did it in 2005. The last game of the season they played Cassel instead of Brady. Had they won that game they would have moved into the 3rd AFC position. The Bengals had 5 losses vs AFC teams, NE had 4. NE tried to avoid playing Pitt and Indy.

Hamrob
12-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Texans beat the Colts
Patriots beat the Phins
Broncos beat the Chiefs

#1 seed: Texans
#2 seed: Broncos
#3 seed: Pats
#4 seed: Ravens
#5 seed: Colts
#6 seed: Bengals

Arkie
12-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Broncos get #2
Pats host Bengals in WC.
Ravens host Colts

Minnesota beats Green Bay then has to play at Green Bay next week.
Seattle at Washington in the other WC.

Armchair Bronco
01-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Colts will beat the Texans. CHECK. Meanwhile, Denver will beat the Chiefs, securing the #1 seed in the AFC. CHECK.

Hawks will crush the Rams. CHECK. (Wasn't a crushing, but the Hawks did win.)

49ers will beat the Cardinals to secure the NFC West crown. CHECK.

Cowboys will beat the Redskins in overtime. FAIL. Romo was driving for a tie, then tossed a pick. What was I thinking?

The Jets will, fittingly, finish out their season with a loss to Buffalo. CHECK.

Wilson will either tie or break Peyton Manning's rookie mark for TD passes. CHECK. Wilson ties the record.

Vikings will win, but Adrian Peterson will not break Eric Dickerson's single-season rushing mark. CHECK. Peterson falls 9 yards short, but the Vikings capture the last Wild Card slot.

Houshyamama
01-03-2013, 12:10 AM
Colts will beat the Texans. CHECK. Meanwhile, Denver will beat the Chiefs, securing the #1 seed in the AFC. CHECK.

Hawks will crush the Rams. CHECK. (Wasn't a crushing, but the Hawks did win.)

49ers will beat the Cardinals to secure the NFC West crown. CHECK.

Cowboys will beat the Redskins in overtime. FAIL. Romo was driving for a tie, then tossed a pick. What was I thinking?

The Jets will, fittingly, finish out their season with a loss to Buffalo. CHECK.

Wilson will either tie or break Peyton Manning's rookie mark for TD passes. CHECK. Wilson ties the record.

Vikings will win, but Adrian Peterson will not break Eric Dickerson's single-season rushing mark. CHECK. Peterson falls 9 yards short, but the Vikings capture the last Wild Card slot.

No check on the Seahawks game. They squeaked that one out and you know it.