PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller-Big three?

DBroncos4life
12-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Von Miller, Aldon Smith, Marcel Dareus discussed pulling a Miami Heat
By Will Brinson | Senior Blogger
December 27, 2012 9:30 am ET

When the Miami Heat in their current iteration was formed, the free-agency teaming of LeBron James and Chris Bosh with current Heat superstar Dwyane Wade drew lots of criticism. It resulted in tons of media attention. And it also eventually resulted in a title.

There's a trio of players in the NFL -- Von Miller, Aldon Smith and Marcell Dareus -- who have discussed pulling off something similar.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21458940/von-miller-aldon-smith-marcel-dareus-discussed-pulling-a-miami-heat

Better happen in Denver :rofl:

Requiem
12-27-2012, 10:09 AM
Lol. . .

Kaylore
12-27-2012, 10:13 AM
He was obviously joking, but somehow Will Brinson didn't get the joke.

Greatspirits
12-27-2012, 10:41 AM
I saw that as well, kind of disappointed he would say something like that but hopefully he was joking.

ZONA
12-27-2012, 12:28 PM
Joking or not, would never happen. The trio thing works in bball, there are only 5 guys on the damn court, you can get away with it. Football, something entirely different. We've seen 3 great players on a defense before, I mean we have Miller, Doom and Champ but that would be mean squat if we didn't have a stellar offense on the other side.

Have fun with this, but it will never come to pass.

extralife
12-27-2012, 04:14 PM
this is dumb, but equally dumb is the assertion, peddled both at the link and in this thread, that spending substantial money on "three defensive players" would be a terrible idea. really? you don't want good players on your defense? I got some news here: every team in the NFL spends "substantial money" on at least three defensive players. what is the alternative?

Bacchus
12-27-2012, 04:41 PM
They come to Denver i'm on board. As short as an NFL career is I do not see any of them taking less than market value. I'll believe it when I see it. Plus it will be hard to get to FA statue with the franchise tag etc.

cmhargrove
12-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I like Elvis better than Aldon Smith. That guy plays like a pussy when he gets stacked up by a good OT, and I never see Elvis quit on a play, even when he gets rolled.

I'm not sure Aldon would be quite the same player on a different team, but I think Elvis would be basically the same (10 sacks/year as a 4-3 DE, 14-15 sacks a years as a 3-4 rushing OLB).

I would like a badass D-Tackle - i'm not gonna lie - but I don't know if it is more important than a dominant MLB in the Del Rio system. I would much rather trade three draft picks for Teo (if we think he is "that guy"), than to give a bloated contract to a D-Tackle.

TDmvp
12-27-2012, 05:23 PM
I saw that as well, kind of disappointed he would say something like that but hopefully he was joking.

I started to read your post , then decided to just stare at your avatar.

elsid13
12-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Bet we could make it happen on Madden....

Lestat
12-27-2012, 06:26 PM
won't happen, we'll have a load of money tied up in Clady,Von,Wolfe,DT,Decker & Brock by then.

Bacchus
12-27-2012, 07:39 PM
won't happen, we'll have a load of money tied up in Clady,Von,Wolfe,DT,Decker & Brock by then.

Maybe the will all sign for the vet minimum:thumbs: