PDA

View Full Version : I don't want the #1 seed but now I do

baja
12-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Because if Houston loses and we win and NE wins than not only do we get the #1 seed but NE will have the #2 seed. I rather take the #2 seed and make NE play in the wild card game. If we have to go to Houston so be it. Manning is like 12 & 2 there.

Al Wilson
12-23-2012, 05:22 PM
You're an idiot. Stop making retarded threads. No one gives a **** if you don't want the #1 seed

g6matty
12-23-2012, 05:23 PM
We win houston and ne lose how bout that

Dukes
12-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Doesn't matter either way. We won't be playing in New England, that's the only thing that concerns me.

brncs_fan
12-23-2012, 05:24 PM
I like us with a bye week and homefield advantage over anyone in the league. So if #1 means we get homefield than so be it.

HAT
12-23-2012, 05:25 PM
A) Nobody cares you drugged out hippie.

B) There's already an active thread on the from page discussing the topic and it even has #1 seed in the title.....Thread Whore.

baja
12-23-2012, 05:26 PM
You're an idiot. Stop making retarded threads. No one gives a **** if you don't want the #1 seed

Alex looks like we have another stupid poster.

Clearly it's best if NE has to play an extra game.

Bmore Manning
12-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Baja I understand the logic behind the post, you'd rather New England get knocked off somewhere and not have to face them. But to me it's inevitable that we face them. To be the best we will have to beat the best! I think there would be nothing sweater than beating NE on the way to the Super Bowl!

gunns
12-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Wow, there are some people who bring their Grinch year round.

rbackfactory80
12-23-2012, 05:33 PM
I don't want us sitting a week and them getting warm. I kind of want them to get the two so they don't come to Denver warm after thrashing the Bengals or Colts with a head full of confidence and steam.

Us 1, them 2.

Al Wilson
#1 seed to secure homefield throughout the playoffs or #2 seed to play the afc championship game on road. Stupidness at its best.

gunns
Baja I understand the logic behind the post, you'd rather New England get knocked off somewhere and not have to face them. But to me it's inevitable that we face them. To be the best we will have to beat the best! I think there would be nothing sweater than beating NE on the way to the Super Bowl!

I don't think that's it. I think Baja wants NE to be a wild card team and have to play an extra game. NE has never made the SB when they've had to play that extra game.

Bmore Manning
12-23-2012, 05:36 PM
I don't think that's it. I think Baja wants NE to be a wild card team and have to play an extra game. NE has never made the SB when they've had to play that extra game.

Yes by playing extra games, that's what I ment, I don't think I conveyed that well.

WolfpackGuy
12-23-2012, 05:39 PM
You can be damn sure the Broncos want the top seed.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-23-2012, 05:39 PM

Thats more trivia than a meaningful statistic.

I'd prefer the top seed.

EDIT: I prefer to have whatever Peyton prefers.

mwill07
12-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Screw that. It would be better to host the AFCCG than go on the road.

baja
12-23-2012, 05:40 PM
If NE Denver and Houston all win next week as expected than NE has to play Cinci in the wild card game. The Bangles have a good chance of beating them and even if they don't that's one extra game NE has to play. The only AFCC game not played in Denver would be a game played with Houston and playing in Houston is no big deal compared with NE playing an extra game. NE has never reached the SB playing wild card week.

rmsanger
12-23-2012, 05:41 PM
who gives a fug about seeding! I just want to make it through next game with our starters healthy and we'll be ready to go anywhere and play anyone while kicking their teeth in.

JakeZ01
12-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Baja makes sense to me...I mean if his mom wanted the best seed, he wouldn't be here.

Hamrob
12-23-2012, 05:43 PM
If we win, we secure the #2 seed.

Asking Houston to lose...is too much.

I don't think that the Colts will beat the Texans. The Colts have made the playoffs and really don't have a lot to play for...other than getting ready for their wild card game. Do they really care if they are the 5th or 6th seed? Heck, they may even rest some of their guys.

RhymesayersDU
12-23-2012, 05:44 PM
I don't even want the #2 seed. We're good enough to beat anybody anywhere anytime so just bring it on.

/stupid hippie logic

rbackfactory80
12-23-2012, 05:45 PM

I don't think that the Colts will beat the Texans. The Colts have made the playoffs and really don't have a lot to play for...other than getting ready for their wild card game. Do they really care if they are the 5th or 6th seed? Heck, they may even rest some of their guys.

Absolutely, if it means the difference between them playing the Pats or Ravens in the first round.

HAT
Baja makes sense to me...I mean if his mom wanted the best seed, he wouldn't be here.

LOL....100 posts of pure garbage nullified by one of pure genius.

Rep!

RhymesayersDU

You mean do they care playing a great New England team versus a very beatable Baltimore team? Yeah, they probably do. I know I would.

R8R H8R
12-23-2012, 05:46 PM

Yes, I agree with you on NE having to play an extra game. The coaching staff would have 2 weeks to prepare, and the players would have fresh legs.

However, the number 1 seed and a Patsy loss next week would be the ideal situation.

maher_tyler
12-23-2012, 05:47 PM
We played all but Indy in the regular season out of all the AFC teams in the playoffs. We are playing our best ball out of the other AFC teams. I like our chances against anyone. Houston hasn't been playing all that well and could see them getting upset by whoever comes to their place in the 2nd round.

baja
12-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Yes, I agree with you on NE having to play an extra game. The coaching staff would have 2 weeks to prepare, and the players would have fresh legs.

However, the number 1 seed and a Patsy loss next week would be the ideal situation.

Of course it would be but not very likely.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-23-2012, 05:54 PM

he he bad shame on you lol

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-23-2012, 05:55 PM
we shouldnt fear any team bring on anyone who dare face the BRONCOS

baja
12-23-2012, 05:56 PM

Rep!

The only non football thing I agree with Rev on is that you are a punk.

reping family smack - you're just that kind of a guy. Loser.

BroncoFox
12-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Um.. what? thwack

Stop worrying about other teams. When you worry about other teams, that means you are not the best. When you only worry about yourself, then you ARE the best. Who cares what NE does? If we are #1, we got homefield throughout the playoffs. How in the world is that a bad thing?

Playing to LOSE so that you may have to play another team in a certain situation is GIVING UP. You are giving up an advantage because you are SCARED of someone else. Forget that, sheesh.

Just win and win and win. Win this week.. hope for the #1 seed.. and then do what we do. Stop worrying about stupid NE.. I am so sick of hearing about them. You obviously still have doubts about this team baja. I don't. Bring it.. whoever we play, bring it.

JakeZ01
12-23-2012, 06:22 PM

Rep!

All my posts are winners.

JakeZ01
12-23-2012, 06:22 PM

Stop crying. It was a joke...jeez, sorry lady.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Deion and the mooch giving this team a compliment. Both say broncos are a more complete team than the patriots. They aren't even fans, while some of our fans are shaking at the thought of facing them.

baja
12-23-2012, 06:29 PM
One other consideration. If we play the AFCC game in Houston in their dome as vs a game in Denver on a snowy windy day which would you prefer?

Arian on a sloppy field and Maning passing on a snowy day in Denver or a dome game at a place where Manning is something like 12 and 2

DBroncos4life
12-23-2012, 06:31 PM

Hopefully are mods do the right thing and ban him

frerottenextelway
12-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Mannings record in Denver ain't too shabby!

We can beat anyone anywhere right now.

JakeZ01
12-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Hopefully are mods do the right thing and ban him

Hopefully. But I think they may have testicles.

maher_tyler
12-23-2012, 06:34 PM
One other consideration. If we play the AFCC game in Houston in their dome as vs a game in Denver on a snowy windy day which would you prefer?

Arian on a sloppy field and Maning passing on a snowy day in Denver or a dome game at a place where Manning is something like 12 and 2

It wont matter because Houston will lose their first playoff game whether it be in the first or second round.

RhymesayersDU
12-23-2012, 06:34 PM

LOL

IHaveALight
12-23-2012, 06:53 PM
I would prefer the Patriots to have to win two games before getting a shot at the Broncos.

LetsGoBroncos
12-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Because if Houston loses and we win and NE wins than not only do we get the #1 seed but NE will have the #2 seed. I rather take the #2 seed and make NE play in the wild card game. If we have to go to Houston so be it. Manning is like 12 & 2 there.

You aren't thinking straight. Not only does #1 seed mean we have home field throughout it also means our first game after the bye will be against Baltimore, Indy, or Cincinatti

baja
12-23-2012, 07:03 PM
You aren't thinking straight. Not only does #1 seed mean we have home field throughout it also means our first game after the bye will be against Baltimore, Indy, or Cincinatti

That's true. Good point but I would still rather see NE play that extra game.

MillerMayhem58
12-23-2012, 07:05 PM
I hope we get the #1 seed but the colts gave up over 300yds rushing to the chiefs. Home field and crowd noise will not hurt Houstons running game in Indy. The Indy Dline will be overpowered by Houstons Oline. Indy will have to get Lucky......

SoCalBronco
12-23-2012, 07:05 PM

Enjoy your vacation.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/3999/nixon1small.jpg

broncogary
12-23-2012, 07:12 PM
I fail to see how that was family smack.

Crushaholic
12-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Earning a #1 seed would reward the vast improvement we've seen, out of this team, since Week 1. Although New England having the other bye would definitely stink, I like the idea of the road to the AFC portion of the Super Bowl goes through Denver....

Beantown Bronco
12-23-2012, 07:25 PM

Well, just look at this weekend's games. How many teams with nothing to play for either beat (hello Cowboys) or almost beat teams that had the playoffs or seedings on the line?

Beantown Bronco
12-23-2012, 07:25 PM
I fail to see how that was family smack.

Ummm, really?

RedskinBronco
12-23-2012, 07:28 PM
It doesn't matter to me. Just wanted to guarantee a top 2 seed

BroncoFox
12-23-2012, 07:29 PM
That's true. Good point but I would still rather see NE play that extra game.

Thank goodness I am watching the season to see how we play games.. and not focusing on losing so that we can worry about the games some other team plays.

broncogary
12-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Ummm, really?

Yes, really.

Obushma
12-23-2012, 07:30 PM
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/3999/nixon1small.jpg

This guy in this pick right here ^...Hes a pile of ****.

Commited genocide against Cambodia when he droped more bombs on them then we droped in all of WWII. How can you idolize that **** stain on American history, no moral compass?

SoCalBronco
12-23-2012, 07:32 PM
This guy in this pick right here ^...Hes a pile of ****.

Commited genocide against Cambodia when he droped more bombs on them then we droped in all of WWII. How can you idolize that **** stain on American history, no moral compass?

This isn't a political thread, Obushma. I've told you many times that your belief system as to what is right and what is moral (and who to support and who to oppose) isn't necessarily something I agree with. This is a football thread. WRP stuff is for the WRP forum. Trying to threadjack this into a political discussion isn't a good idea.....for you.

Obushma
12-23-2012, 07:36 PM

Hey Baja, I disagree...I'd like the #1 seed.

Any chance you're a fan of that P.O.S. Nixon Baja, you know, the president who commited genocide?

baja
12-23-2012, 07:39 PM

Any chance you're a fan of that P.O.S. Nixon Baja, you know, the president who commited genocide?

I agree with So Cal that is a discussion for another forum.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-23-2012, 07:41 PM
I think Elway should be the president of the us ,Manning can be vp fox can be in charge of the senate Jack Del Rio secretary of defense

hambone13
12-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Hopefully. But I think they may have testicles.

Actually, they all don't, literally. Needless to say, your suck-text grows in magnitude.

Lestat
12-23-2012, 07:51 PM
i want the #1 seed. the road to the SB should have to go through Mile High.

hambone13
12-23-2012, 07:52 PM

Agreed, that this is a discussion for elsewhere and get the hint will ya?

uplink
12-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Teams go through phases during the season getting hot and cold. It could be that Houston gets hot in the playoffs and NE starts to stink. Hard to tell what will happen but its best to play Houston at home if possible.

NFLBRONCO
12-23-2012, 08:09 PM
I'll take bye either way.

I don't see why you'd prefer 2 over 1 seed.

If we are 2nd seed we'd likely face NE and @ Houston to reach SB

If we are the 1st seed we'd face Colts/Balt and NE/Houston at home to reach SB.

I don't care what seed we end up getting but, unless you see upsets by top seeds #2 seed is tougher road. I'm not saying we can't win those games though. I'd rather see NE play 2 games before us.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-23-2012, 08:12 PM

Bingo!

You never know. There are 27 bones in the human right hand. Just break one of them.

baja
12-23-2012, 08:14 PM

I don't care what seed we end up getting but, unless you see upsets by top seeds #2 seed is tougher road. I'm not saying we can't win those games though. I'd rather see NE play 2 games before us.

as it stands now Houston at #1 Broncos at #2 and NE at #3 means NE has to play a wild card game. If Houston wins and we win sure we get the #1 seed but if NE wins (likely) they get the #2 seed and Houston drops to the #3 seed giving NE a bye. It's better to take the #2 seed and keep NE in the wild card game as vs a bye.

There is a good chance Houston will lose their first game bringing the AFCC game to Denver anyway.

baja
12-23-2012, 08:15 PM

as it stands now Houston at #1 Broncos at #2 and NE at #3 means NE has to play a wild card game. If Houston loses and we win sure we get the #1 seed but if NE wins (likely) they get the #2 seed and Houston drops to the #3 seed giving NE a bye. It's better to take the #2 seed and keep NE in the wild card game as vs a bye.

There is a good chance Houston will lose their first game bringing the AFCC game to Denver anyway.

spiralism
12-23-2012, 08:21 PM

Cincinnati or Indy would be little challenge to them. Houston on the other hand after a bye that might slow them down....

Never mind that anyways, us getting one would be huge, it means we'd have those two playing each other instead of needing to beat one then the other in all likelihood

Jesterhole
12-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Worst poster starts the worst thread of the season...didn't see this one coming...

baja
12-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Worst poster starts the worst thread of the season...didn't see this one coming...

Did you start a thread, must have missed it.

baja
12-23-2012, 08:39 PM
Cincinnati or Indy would be little challenge to them. Houston on the other hand after a bye that might slow them down....

Never mind that anyways, us getting one would be huge, it means we'd have those two playing each other instead of needing to beat one then the other in all likelihood

They would play cinci (they are locked into the 6th seed) They are a physical team and although NE would likely win they will get way more beat up than if they had the bye that a 2 seed brings.

NE has never won a SB without a bye week.

We would play NE at home either way.

I don't think playing the Ravens or the Texans makes much difference we should handle either one.

Our biggest challenge on the road to the SB is NE. We just do not match well with them so if they have to play an extra game that gives us the smoothest road the the SB IMO. Some times a lower seed works out better for a particular team I think this is the case here.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-23-2012, 08:59 PM
They would play cinci (they are locked into the 6th seed) They are a physical team and although NE would likely win they will get way more beat up than if they had the bye that a 2 seed brings.

NE has never won a SB without a bye week.

We would play NE at home either way.

I don't think playing the Ravens or the Texans makes much difference we should handle either one.

Our biggest challenge on the road to the SB is NE. We just do not match well with them so if they have to play an extra game that gives us the smoothest road the the SB IMO. Some times a lower seed works out better for a particular team I think this is the case here.

Yes!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Can anybody tell me how often the #1 seed gets to the SB in the last 10 years?

Bronco Yoda
12-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Why in the hell is everyone piling on baja over this. I think it's a valid point. The Broncos can win and still not get the #1 seed so it's not like he's rooting for a loss.

And I disagree with the rude noob getting the ban hammper for his 'seed' joke. Sure it was rude and uncalled for... but it was a little funny baja.

This place has been getting a bit touchy lately.

Be happy people... we're kicking ass!

TD4HOF
12-23-2012, 09:05 PM
:pimp:Can anybody tell me how often the #1 seed gets to the SB in the last 10 years?

Beat me to it, was gonna say the same thing. Plus, how often has it been one vs two. Ofc, Denver wants the one seed because they are professionals.

Go Broncos! Elway for Exec of the Year!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-23-2012, 09:16 PM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_seed_was_the_Super_Bowl_winners

2009: Pittsburgh Steelers were the #2 seed in the AFC.
2008: New Yprk Giants were the #5 seed in the NFC.
2007: Indianaplois Colts were the #3 seed in the AFC.
2006: Pittsburgh Steelers were the #6 seed in the AFC.
2005: New England Patriots were the #2 seed in the AFC.
2004: New England Patriots were the #1 seed in the AFC.
2003: Tampa Bay Bucaneers were the #2 seed in the NFC.

Kaylore
12-23-2012, 09:20 PM
I want the number 1 seed.

Broncos_OTM
12-23-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm still debating if i want to see willis or no-shoe starting :-/

errand
12-23-2012, 09:36 PM
The #1 seed matters more in the NFC than it does in the AFC.....between 1990-2010

AFC #1 seeds are 22-19 in post season games (.537) NFC 37-14 (.725)

AFC #2 seeds are 25-18 in post season games (.581) NFC 24-18 (.571)

AFC #3 seeds are 22-20 in post season games (.524) NFC 14-21 (.400)

Overall the #1 seeds (combined AFC-NFC) are 59-33 (.641) #2's are 49-36 (.576) and #3's are 36-41 (.468)

Thirty-two of the 42 Super Bowl teams since 1990 have either been a #1 or #2 seed. The NFC #1 seed has won seven Super Bowls since 1990, most during that time. The AFC #2 and NFC #2 have each won three during that time. The NFC #1 seed has played in 12 of the 21 Super Bowls since 1990; the AFC #1 seed is second with eight Super Bowl appearances since 1990.

Hulamau
12-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Baja has a good point, what would be even sweeter though is winning the number 1 seed and having NE lose next weekend too to still remain a wild card team and Houston with a loss would swap places with us for the #2 seed.

Then NE gets to play three games to make it to the big Dance and will go through Houston first .. should they win their wild card game .. before ever possibly coming to us at Mile High for the AFCC game, already beat to a pulp by two other hungry playoff teams.

NE is looking a bit tired the last two games and injuries are mounting. Tom Terrific even looks like he needs a couple weeks off. So forcing them to go through the wild card process is a good thing.

We can NOT take the Chiefs lightly here next week. This will be their SB and while we should win handily we all know that when it comes to the Chiefs we can only gloat about stomping them after the fact each year as the usually split with us anyway historically no matter how good or bad each team may be in a given year.

Good news is we will know about the Houston-Indy (at Indy) and NE-Miami (at NE) games next week before our late game at 4:15pm EST. If Houston loses we still have to play KC like it means everything.

if both teams Houstion and NE win we still ahve to play lights out to win to insure our bye week. But if Houston wins and NE loses we could rest key players and play Brock and an assortment of younger backups for much of the game as it wouldnt matter whether we won or lost as far as keeping the number 2 seed and the bye.

Not sure if Fox will do that,what with having to prepare all out all week anyway, but it would give more flexibility and I could see him sitting Peyton, Champ and maybe Von/Doom and a few others at the half if there is nothing more than a 13-3 record to play for and we have a decent lead at half in any event.

baja
12-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Baja has a good point, what would be even sweeter though is winning the number 1 seed and having NE lose next weekend too to still remain a wild card team and Houston with a loss would swap places with us for the #2 seed.

Then NE gets to play three games to make it to the big Dance and will go through Houston first .. should they win their wild card game .. before ever possibly coming to us at Mile High for the AFCC game, already beat to a pulp by two other hungry playoff teams.

NE is looking a bit tired the last two games and injuries are mounting. Tom Terrific even looks like he needs a couple weeks off. So forcing them to go through the wild card process is a good thing.

We can NOT take the Chiefs lightly here next week. This will be their SB and while we should win handily we all know that when it comes to the Chiefs we can only gloat about stomping them after the fact each year as the usually split with us anyway historically no matter how good or bad each team may be in a given year.

Good news is we will know about the Houston-Indy (at Indy) and NE-Miami (at NE) games next week before our late game at 4:15pm EST. If Houston loses we still have to play KC like it means everything.

if both teams Houstion and NE win we still ahve to play lights out to win to insure our bye week. But if Houston wins and NE loses we could rest key players and play Brock and an assortment of younger backups for much of the game as it wouldnt matter whether we won or lost as far as keeping the number 2 seed and the bye.

Not sure if Fox will do that,what with having to prepare all out all week anyway, but it would give more flexibility and I could see him sitting Peyton, Champ and maybe Von/Doom and a few others at the half if there is nothing more than a 13-3 record to play for and we have a decent lead at half in any event.

Of course that is the best case scenario and I said that earlier in the thread.

But the likelihood of NE losing at home to Miami is slim. The issue is if we gain the #1 seed at the cost of bumping NE up to the two seed and a bye is it in our best interest. I understand it is all a moot point because we have to win against KC no matter what an that is all we control but I thought it (NE being bumped up to the #2 seed) was an interesting twist to getting the 1 seed.

Did not expect so many personal attacks but when I see who is doing the attacking it's not all that surprising. ;D

Bacchus
12-23-2012, 10:32 PM

I see where you are coming from, but If Denver is # 1 seed They probably play Ravens and Pats at home. If they are the # two seed they play NE at home and Texans on road.

The Joker
12-23-2012, 11:37 PM
I don't think we have much of a shot, I expect Indy to rest their starters next week which should give Houston the easy win.

Indy can't do any better or worse than the fifth seed, they'd be wise to view this as a bye week and focus on getting healthy.

Bacchus
12-23-2012, 11:47 PM
http://www.pohrani.com/f/38/za/4pIBiXxQ/1353641026654.gif

Aftermath
12-23-2012, 11:59 PM
stfu

cutthemdown
12-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Posts like this tell me Baja doesn't understand America, sports, or being cocky and arrogant which we are great at!

Could you imagine Mannings face if a player said I would rather be the 2 seed so we can avoid Pats if possible. Hell no you have to have confidence you can beat anyone!

Bronco X
12-24-2012, 04:48 AM
I don't think we have much of a shot, I expect Indy to rest their starters next week which should give Houston the easy win.

Indy can't do any better or worse than the fifth seed, they'd be wise to view this as a bye week and focus on getting healthy.

Don't forget Coach Pagano. If he was sitting out the last week and returning for the playoffs, it wouldn't make a difference, but he's returning this week and will be on the sidelines for the first time since he became ill. That will be a significant emotional factor the Colts and they certainly don't have nothing to play for.

Plus, they are not in the same situation as the Manning Colts of recent memory. They are a young team, inexperienced at the QB position at least, and they are playing against a team that is playing for the #1 seed. I can see them playing for the win both for Coach Pagano and to give them some seasoning playing in games with playoff implications before the real thing starts.

ghostofjosh
12-24-2012, 05:34 AM
regardless of what happens, it will be either Denver or New England coming out of the AFC and Green Bay or San Fran coming out of the NFC IMO

BroncoFox
12-24-2012, 05:50 AM
I just don't get why you would root for a game to NOT be in Denver. Who cares what other teams do or don't do? Are we really that scared of NE, that we would be willing to sacrifice a home playoff game just so that NE has to play a wildcard round? Uhh

No no no...

I am hoping for #1 seed! I want both games to be in Denver, so teams have to face our crowd! I personally feel homefield means more than NE having to play another game with another team. Did you hear and see the crowd yesterday? How it rumbled?

You'd seriously rather have our team have to travel and play in a hostile stadium? What is wrong with fans these days? We want to play HERE!

ScottXray
12-24-2012, 06:02 AM
regardless of what happens, it will be either Denver or New England coming out of the AFC and Green Bay or San Fran coming out of the NFC IMO

I think that people are overlooking Atlanta, and they will have HFA for the NFC. While you don't get the feeling that they are peaking they are pretty solid.

SF will have to go on the road if they get past the 5 seed, who is Seattle. And Seattle is really hot, having just put a beat down on them.
I don't think that Seattle can win 3 on the road, but they are the team to worry about the most, and if they play SF in the divisional I think they will win that one.

Minn or Chicago as the 6 are not to be feared, and the NFC East is hot garbage, no matter who it is. Washington is the likely 4th, and can take either of those two, but won't get past round two, at Atlanta.

So that means that Seattle goes to GB for round two.

The winner of that game will go to Atlanta.

BroncoBeavis
12-24-2012, 06:06 AM
Don't forget Coach Pagano. If he was sitting out the last week and returning for the playoffs, it wouldn't make a difference, but he's returning this week and will be on the sidelines for the first time since he became ill. That will be a significant emotional factor the Colts and they certainly don't have nothing to play for.

Plus, they are not in the same situation as the Manning Colts of recent memory. They are a young team, inexperienced at the QB position at least, and they are playing against a team that is playing for the #1 seed. I can see them playing for the win both for Coach Pagano and to give them some seasoning playing in games with playoff implications before the real thing starts.

Yeah I can't imagine getting shelled by a struggling division rival is the taste they want in their mouth heading into January.

LetsGoBroncos
12-24-2012, 06:07 AM

The NFL moved these games to afternoon times so that spots aren't locked up before we play

LetsGoBroncos
12-24-2012, 06:07 AM
The NFL moved these games to afternoon times so that spots aren't locked up before we play

Sorry, they moved the NE game

baja
12-24-2012, 06:32 AM
Posts like this tell me Baja doesn't understand America, sports, or being cocky and arrogant which we are great at!

Could you imagine Mannings face if a player said I would rather be the 2 seed so we can avoid Pats if possible. Hell no you have to have confidence you can beat anyone!

Some of you people really have me wondering if there isn't some dummy dust being sprayed in the air.

If Houston loses it not only gives the Broncos the #1 seed it also gives the NE Patriots the #2 seed and a bye. Is it worth it to help NE that much is the question. This is not about avoiding the Pats it's about as a Bronco fan wanting the hardest road for them. Beat KC and we will play the Pats, I'd rather not wish them a week of rest before we do it.

BroncoBeavis
12-24-2012, 06:35 AM
If we're the one seed we wouldn't likely see NE until the AFCCG at home. At that point does it really make much difference whether they played a WC game or not?

You always take home field in January if you can get it.

winstoncup bronco
12-24-2012, 06:40 AM

Is that the reason why it was moved? What BS.

Even worse, my area was a shoo-in to get our game, now almost certainly it's gonna be MIA/NE.

ScottXray
12-24-2012, 06:54 AM
Is that the reason why it was moved? What BS.

Even worse, my area was a shoo-in to get our game, now almost certainly it's gonna be MIA/NE.

I doubt they moved it for that reason.

The schedule for the AFC late games was going to be KC-Denver and SD-Oakland. Out of thsoe I would want to see the KC -Denver more, but the advertisers would not care much for either, and the ratings would be poor.

So they moved the NE-Miami game ( which will probably be a NE rout anyway) but gets to Showcase Tommy Terrific and the Cheatriots.

Better for adverts. It does tick me off...I will be in Hawaii next week, and the Denver game might have been shown there until the NE switch. Guess I'll have to take my laptop and hope to stream it now.

CEH
12-24-2012, 08:04 AM
Here's a different slant. It's the AFC Championship game. Denver vs ?

Denver up by 4 with 2:30 left and the other team has the ball and a shot to go to the Super Bowl.

Who do you want to see on the other side, Brady, Flacco , Dalton, Luck or Shaub.

I know the mentality has to be any team any where but pick a QB if you had to . In a league where teams cheat and try anything for an advantage I think it an advantage not to face Brady with the Super Bowl on the line. There is something to be said for playoff harden QBs/coaches

I'm kinda leaning toward playing NE at home on a Saturday night with a week to prepare and not facing a so battle tested QB in the AFCC game

Beantown Bronco
12-24-2012, 08:06 AM
I want the #1 seed if for no other reason than Mrs Bean and I would be likely to make a trip of the AFC Championship game if the Broncos hosted it. We haven't had a chance to make a trip out there since we had the little beans, but this would be perfect.

baja
12-24-2012, 08:39 AM
I want the #1 seed if for no other reason than Mrs Bean and I would be likely to make a trip of the AFC Championship game if the Broncos hosted it. We haven't had a chance to make a trip out there since we had the little beans, but this would be perfect.

Now that's a legit reason. ;D

You know even without the #1 seed there is still a better than average chance the AFCC game is still played in Denver. I can see Houston losing their first playoff game to Ravens

baja
12-24-2012, 08:42 AM
Here's a different slant. It's the AFC Championship game. Denver vs ?

Denver up by 4 with 2:30 left and the other team has the ball and a shot to go to the Super Bowl.

Who do you want to see on the other side, Brady, Flacco , Dalton, Luck or Shaub.

I know the mentality has to be any team any where but pick a QB if you had to . In a league where teams cheat and try anything for an advantage I think it an advantage not to face Brady with the Super Bowl on the line. There is something to be said for playoff harden QBs/coaches

I'm kinda leaning toward playing NE at home on a Saturday night with a week to prepare and not facing a so battle tested QB in the AFCC game

It seems so simple yet people that think like this are idiots according to way too many posters.

I think it is the way I worded the thread title. If I have titled it "Would be be better off with the #2 seed this might be a way different thread, instead of bashing me maybe people would think about the situation and what would be the best scenario for the Broncos.

Mountain Bronco
12-24-2012, 08:45 AM
I will take home field throughout and only having to play NE or Houston not both any day of the week.

baja
12-24-2012, 08:50 AM
I will take home field throughout and only having to play NE or Houston not both any day of the week.

That's reasonable

My take is I would rather play a disadvantaged NE and Houston but I think we will be playing the Ravens in Denver for the AFCC anyway.

troyjbath
12-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Lol, Pats fans talking about this thread.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/988400-broncos-fan-so-scared-patriots-does-not-want-1-seed.html

crush17
12-24-2012, 09:53 AM

QFT

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-24-2012, 09:58 AM
<table id="post3304204" class="tborder vbseo_like_postbit" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" height="499" width="645"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt2" style="border: 1px solid #D1D1E1; border-top: 0px; border-bottom: 0px" width="175">Rob0729 (http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/members/rob0729-5845.html)
PatsFans.com Supporter

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/avatars/5845.gif?dateline=1355976545 (http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/members/rob0729-5845.html)

</td><td class="alt1" id="td_post_3304204" style="border-right: 1px solid #D1D1E1"> http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/images/icons/icon1.gif re: Broncos fan, so scared of the Patriots, does not want the #1 Seed
<hr style="color:#D1D1E1" size="1"> You know what? I don't really care what Broncos fans have to say.

Personally, I am still not sold on the Broncos. They are playing the best right now, but that has a lot to do with the competition they have faced over the second half the season. I want to see them in the playoffs before I buy into them. They could be for real, but beating on the Browns isn't going to prove it.

I am mixed on a first round bye. Many of the recent Super Bowl winners played Wild Card weekend. Since 2005, the Giants (twice), Packers, Colts, and Steelers (2005) all played Wild Card weekend on their way to Super Bowl wins. Only the Saints and Steelers (2008) have had first round byes in Super Bowl winning years. So if the Broncos fans think the Pats can't win playing three games, they haven't been looking at recent history.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-24-2012, 10:00 AM
so who has the pats played against if i recall they lost to a couple of scrub teams

baja
12-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Lol, Pats fans talking about this thread.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/988400-broncos-fan-so-scared-patriots-does-not-want-1-seed.html

and some of them get it;

Recent history means nothing. Anyone playing at home has an advantage. Teams which have lost at home in the past was not because homefield was bad for them. They just didnt take advantage of the bye/homefield and played like crap and other teams played better. Going purely by #s our team this yr needs a bye more than most pats team in the past. They are beat up/injured and tired and playing physical home game vs the bengals then the broncos and whoever in the 3rd game will take its toll.
You can keep believing broncos have played no one but they beat who they supposed to beat. Didn't succumb to bad teams at home and took advantage of it.Doesn't mean they cant win 2 playoff games at home .Sometimes you need some easy wins to get your confidence and team going and thats what they did.
By no means they can think pats cant win playing 3 games on the road, but playing 2 is better than playing 3 so they do have an advantage.

and this guy;

Being healthy is the main reason the bye is a big deal and we arent healthy right now.Playing in denver in AFCCG after a bye is a better chance for us than playing them without one. And Bengals are a physical team which is going to take toll on us too.

CEH
12-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Our run defense has really stabilized the past 9 weeks. I think Denver rolls the Pats if they can contain the run . NE will not rush for 251 yards and their hurry up offense will not be as effected at Mile High as it is at home

I hope to see "Uggs" smacked around like Colt McCoy was the last couple plays of yesterday's game.

http://www.uggaustralia.com/ugg-for-men/men,default,sc.html

broncocalijohn
12-24-2012, 11:06 AM
Give me the #1 seed. If we can't win 2 games at home with this team rolling with 11 straight wins, we don't deserve it. I don't care about Colts, Ravens or Bengals. Give me any of those teams in Denver to get me Houston or (most likely) New England. Mile High will be rocking. Bailey wants that chance for 100 yard INT for a pick 6 this time around.

baja
12-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Give me the #1 seed. If we can't win 2 games at home with this team rolling with 11 straight wins, we don't deserve it. I don't care about Colts, Ravens or Bengals. Give me any of those teams in Denver to get me Houston or (most likely) New England. Mile High will be rocking. Bailey wants that chance for 100 yard INT for a pick 6 this time around.

Ya I want NE to have a bye so they can heal up instead of playing a very physical Cinci team before they come to Mile High to play us while we had a week to rest and game plan for then because having the #1 seed would be so cool.

broncocalijohn
12-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Ya I want NE to have a bye so they can heal up instead of playing a very physical Cinci team before they come to Mile High to play us while we had a week to rest and game plan for then because having the #1 seed would be so cool.

They would still be playing a game before they would play us (if we both won). If Cinci would play Houston and who knows what happens there. I am already shocked Houston is becoming barely above average lately. HOw about we just go with Miami beating New England so they stay in the #3 slot while we win? Then you can have your wish.

GO Dolphins! GO Colts!

Kaylore
12-24-2012, 01:15 PM
and some of them get it;

Recent history means nothing. Anyone playing at home has an advantage. Teams which have lost at home in the past was not because homefield was bad for them. They just didnt take advantage of the bye/homefield and played like crap and other teams played better. Going purely by #s our team this yr needs a bye more than most pats team in the past. They are beat up/injured and tired and playing physical home game vs the bengals then the broncos and whoever in the 3rd game will take its toll.
You can keep believing broncos have played no one but they beat who they supposed to beat. Didn't succumb to bad teams at home and took advantage of it.Doesn't mean they cant win 2 playoff games at home .Sometimes you need some easy wins to get your confidence and team going and thats what they did.
By no means they can think pats cant win playing 3 games on the road, but playing 2 is better than playing 3 so they do have an advantage.

and this guy;

Being healthy is the main reason the bye is a big deal and we arent healthy right now.Playing in denver in AFCCG after a bye is a better chance for us than playing them without one. And Bengals are a physical team which is going to take toll on us too.

That's a case for the Patriots to get the bye, not for us not to get the number 1 seed.

DENVERDUI55
12-24-2012, 01:29 PM
This is just stupid to sit around and play what if etc. Just win Sunday and sit back and see where Denver is seeded at. That is the only thing Denver can control.

baja
12-24-2012, 02:11 PM
That's a case for the Patriots to get the bye, not for us not to get the number 1 seed.

I just can't believe it. are you ****ing with me.

If Houston loses we get the #1 seed. Sure! Nice and all that!

But assuming both NE and Denver win (highly likely) then that bumps NE to the #2 seed. That is the down side of us inheriting the 1 seed and the whole point of this thread. Is this the Twilight Zone?

baja
12-24-2012, 02:13 PM
This is just stupid to sit around and play what if etc. Just win Sunday and sit back and see where Denver is seeded at. That is the only thing Denver can control.

Carry that out to it's logical end. Just watch the games on Sunday cancel all message boards.

baja
12-24-2012, 02:14 PM

Carry that out to it's logical end. Just watch the games on Sunday cancel all message boards.

SoCalBronco
12-24-2012, 02:15 PM
I just can't believe it. are you ****ing with me.

If Houston loses we get the #1 seed. Sure! Nice and all that!

But assuming both NE and Denver win (highly likely) then that bumps NE to the #2 seed. That is the down side of us inheriting the 1 seed and the whole point of this thread. Is this the Twilight Zone?

Baja, there is nothing to fear if we are playing them at home. And based on how everything is shaking out, I think eventually it will come down to DEN vs. NE in one round or another and the winner will take all the marbles in the AFC. Because I don't see either team losing to any other team in the postseason. As much as I love Kubes, I think they're going to lose if they have to play either of these two teams, regardless of where the game is. HOU is not playing at a very high level right now, even at home.

It's going to come down to DEN and NE. If we are at home, we should prevail.

Crushaholic
12-24-2012, 02:21 PM
The bottom line is that I don't see Indy winning. They are playing a wildcard game, so this is a chance for them to treat this as the bye week. It's great to speculate about getting the #1 seed, but I think we're going to come up a bit short...

DBroncos4life
12-24-2012, 02:27 PM
I think the Bengals can beat the Pats. They have a inside pass rush and the Pats don't have a CB that can match up well with Green.

baja
12-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Baja, there is nothing to fear if we are playing them at home. And based on how everything is shaking out, I think eventually it will come down to DEN vs. NE in one round or another and the winner will take all the marbles in the AFC. Because I don't see either team losing to any other team in the postseason. As much as I love Kubes, I think they're going to lose if they have to play either of these two teams, regardless of where the game is. HOU is not playing at a very high level right now, even at home.

It's going to come down to DEN and NE. If we are at home, we should prevail.

I can't believe I have put so much time into this thread about something that should be obvious to all.

It's best to play NE in our house in the second week of the playoffs 7 days after they played a tough game with Cinci and we rested and game planned for 14 days.

Not that hard really. It's not about fear it is a simple advantage in our toughest matchup.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-24-2012, 03:25 PM

Word. Do business. 1st or 2nd seed is fine with me. I can even see getting the 2 seed, and watching houston lose their division round game. Giving home field to us

DENVERDUI55
12-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Personally give me the 1 seed and Baltimore in the second round. I'd love to overmatch them again.

Bacchus
12-24-2012, 04:35 PM

Also Indy is looking at a one and done. They are going to have to go to NE in the wild card game and get killed. Maybe they want a statment game against Houston the final week. If they beat Houston the final week then they do not have to go to NE but will have to travel to Houston. They might prefer that.

HAT
12-24-2012, 05:00 PM
3 pages in and OP premise is still dumb as ****.

HFA in any of the 4 major American sports leagues will always trump any theoretical match up possibility.

baja
12-24-2012, 05:35 PM

HFA in any of the 4 major American sports leagues will always trump any theoretical match up possibility.

yet you are the 5th leading poster in this thread - what does that say about you.

Besides not understanding simple concepts.

I get the feeling you are following me around the board - what is your motive?

baja
12-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Also Indy is looking at a one and done. They are going to have to go to NE in the wild card game and get killed. Maybe they want a statment game against Houston the final week. If they beat Houston the final week then they do not have to go to NE but will have to travel to Houston. They might prefer that.

Colts play Ravens

HAT
12-24-2012, 06:03 PM
yet you are the 5th leading poster in this thread - what does that say about you.

Besides not understanding simple concepts.

I get the feeling you are following me around the board - what is your motive?

Show me one quote, link or blurb where any player, coach or front office would prefer not having HFA throughout the playoffs in any major sport...

Until then you're just a drugged out hippie with a terrible message board take...Same as it ever was. Keep trying though Mock Jr.

chadta
12-24-2012, 06:07 PM
Colts play Ravens

If the colts lose and the bengals win they both would be 10-6 and both would be 7-5 in conf games, not sure how they match up the rest of the way down the tiebreakers tho, isnt it possible that they do have something to play for ?

swaiy
12-24-2012, 06:10 PM
What's wrong with weed? ???

Gutless Drunk
12-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Who cares about the Patriots, they gave up 436 yards yesterday to the 31st ranked offense.

I just hope Fox lets Manning punt it on 3rd down when we are up 45 -14.

baja
12-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Show me one quote, link or blurb where any player, coach or front office would prefer not having HFA throughout the playoffs in any major sport...

Until then you're just a drugged out hippie with a terrible message board take...Same as it ever was. Keep trying though Mock Jr.

I got an idea why don't you go make your own high value thread and I promise not to post in it.

all you do is attack you offer nothing. Go play with rev he likes beating you up.

baja
12-24-2012, 06:17 PM
If the colts lose and the bengals win they both would be 10-6 and both would be 7-5 in conf games, not sure how they match up the rest of the way down the tiebreakers tho, isnt it possible that they do have something to play for ?

I have heard the AFC wild card seeds are locked in regardless of what happens next week.

Rock Chalk
12-24-2012, 06:26 PM
What's wrong with weed? ???

God damn hippies.

Bacchus
12-24-2012, 06:28 PM

Dude, It's a messageboard

Bacchus
12-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Who cares about the Patriots, they gave up 436 yards yesterday to the 31st ranked offense.

I just hope Fox lets Manning punt it on 3rd down when we are up 45 -14.

I hope Fox lets him throw a TD pass.

ScottXray
12-24-2012, 06:30 PM
I have heard the AFC wild card seeds are locked in regardless of what happens next week.

You heard right. The only thing that can change is the 1-3 seeds. :wiggle:

chadta
12-24-2012, 06:30 PM

Oh i didnt here that, and couldnt find anything on the nfl website, cant be bothered going threw the common opponents.

think of how exciting it would be if everybody here just agreed about everything all the time.

baja
12-24-2012, 06:33 PM

I think HAT has a problem with alcohol. He has all the classic symptoms.

Bacchus
12-24-2012, 06:35 PM

Oh well, alcohol, that ain't so bad then. I thought he was just a douche.

HAT
12-24-2012, 06:42 PM
Oh well, alcohol, that ain't so bad then. I thought he was just a douche.

Nah...just a fan who wants what's best for the broncos...HFA.

Go Broncos & go Indy!!!

errand
12-24-2012, 06:48 PM

they are....all that remains is to finalize the top 3 seeds.

baja
12-24-2012, 06:54 PM

That One Guy
12-24-2012, 10:05 PM
The only team I think Houston could beat at this point is Baltimore. As long as Balt doesn't go to Houston, I think Houston loses that game. If Houston loses that game, #2 becomes #1 and gets HFA.

So if I had to choose, I'd rather Houston lose their first playoff game than lose next week and let NE get a bye.

Beantown Bronco
12-25-2012, 09:33 AM
By definition, since the 3 seed is not locked in, then the wildcard games ARE NOT all locked in.

The 6 seed can still either be travelling to Denver, NE or Houston.

errand
12-25-2012, 09:41 AM
By definition, since the 3 seed is not locked in, then the wildcard games ARE NOT all locked in.

The 6 seed can still either be travelling to Denver, NE or Houston.

True, but I believe his point was that the Colts and Bengals cannot alter their seeding whether they win or lose.....

55CrushEm
12-26-2012, 07:21 AM
It's still hard to tell if the Colts will play to win on Sunday. They are locked in as the #5 seed.....so they have nothing to play for in terms of the playoff seeding.

OTOH.....it is their last home game vs. a division rival, and Pagano will be back on the sideline......lots of emotion.

I'd say there is a better than 50% chance that Indy plays to win.....at least I hope so.

As of now.....Den/Hou could finish 1,2, or 3. New England could finish 1,2,3 or 4. Baltimore could finish 3 or 4, and is the only division winner that can't possibly get a bye.

TheChamp24
12-26-2012, 08:03 AM
Technically, if the Pats lose and the Ravens win, the Ravens would be the #3 seed and the Pats #4. So all 1-4 seeds are in play Sunday.
Texans win, they are definite #1
Broncos win, at worst #2, #1 if they win and Texans lose
Pats win, at worst #3
Ravens win and Pats lose, they are #3.

Powderaddict
12-26-2012, 08:25 AM
Who cares who you play, all playoff teams are good tough teams. You want to play at home!

I really am having a hard time believing anyone would rather have the 2 seed than the 1, for any reason. If Denver is a superbowl team, they will have to win the AFC. And that would be much easier at home than on the road. It's that simple.

Crushaholic
12-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Most of you are ignoring Baja's point. If we get the #1 spot, that's both good and bad. We all want Denver to play, at home. I don't see NE losing to Miami, and that would open up the #2 spot for NE. Making NE play an extra game is good, isn't it?

Beantown Bronco
12-26-2012, 08:33 AM
I really am having a hard time believing anyone would rather have the 2 seed than the 1, for any reason. If Denver is a superbowl team, they will have to win the AFC. And that would be much easier at home than on the road. It's that simple.

The #1 team is quite capable of losing in the division round.

WolfpackGuy
12-26-2012, 08:40 AM
2 home games is the best possible scenario.

The Broncos are playing much better now than when they met HOU and NE earlier in the season, and outside of the first three quarters of the BAL game, they really haven't put it all together yet.

Honestly, CIN (and even BAL) worry me more than HOU and NE at this point.

primetime714
12-26-2012, 08:54 AM
I definitely want the #1 seed. Who cares if NE gets the #2 seed as a result. I'd much rather delay the matchup with NE until the AFC Championship game and guarantee two playoff home games.

A home game against Cincy or Baltimore would be ideal as these are two teams the Broncos handled with ease on the road in the regular season. What better way to start the playoffs with a bye and then a team we know we can beat?

The alternative of course is that Houston is the #1 seed, we're #2 and we likely get New England for our first game (no team has a really good shot of beating them in the first round) and then a potential road game against Houston. Playing two teams that have beaten the Broncos is not what I would call ideal. Sure it was early in the season when the Broncos weren't playing as well and the NE game was on the road, but I'd much rather have these two teams play in the second round to see who has to come to Mile High for the AFC Championship game. And this is a no brainer if you ask me.

History of #1 seeds is irrelevant. Teams that enter the playoffs hot usually do well. The Broncos barring a very unexpected letdown will do just that.

BroncoFox
12-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Most of you are ignoring Baja's point. If we get the #1 spot, that's both good and bad. We all want Denver to play, at home. I don't see NE losing to Miami, and that would open up the #2 spot for NE. Making NE play an extra game is good, isn't it?

The best thing is for Denver to play at home. Why is an extra game so detrimental to NE or any team? Hoping for the odd injury? They may play great in the wildcard round, and come into Denver full of confidence. Then I guess it sort of backfires, doesn't it. They are professional athletes. They are not going to get "wore out" having to play 1 more game. And if a team beats NE, then THEY will come into Denver full of confidence.

There is a reason teams want to play at home. It's a huge advantage. Denver has a bigger advantage due to the altitude. I've never heard of an NFL team where a single player preferred to not win the #1 seed.

Beantown Bronco
12-26-2012, 09:39 AM
The Why is an extra game so detrimental to NE or any team? Hoping for the odd injury?

Gronk and Hernandez in particular have been really injury prone lately and haven't been able to string together very many healthy games in a row, so every extra game might hurt them actually. They also are nursing injuries at several other key areas and really want that bye week to heal up.

They need the rest more than any other team IMO.

Powderaddict
12-26-2012, 11:17 AM
The #1 team is quite capable of losing in the division round.

Really

baja
12-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Gronk and Hernandez in particular have been really injury prone lately and haven't been able to string together very many healthy games in a row, so every extra game might hurt them actually. They also are nursing injuries at several other key areas and really want that bye week to heal up.

You should save your metaphorical breath for some reason people posting on this thread do not grasp that;

1. NE is hurting and desperately needs a bye week to heal up.

2, NE as the 3rd seed would play Cinci, a very physical team which is the last thing they need a very physical game 7 days before they come to a well rested Denver team with an extra week to prepare for them and play at 5280 feet

3 Even if Denver ends up going to Houston for the AFCC game it would be better for a Manning offense to play in a dome than in horrible weather they might encounter in Denver.

4. Houston with the way the are playing of late could easily lose their first game which passes HFA to Denver anyway.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-28-2012, 08:48 PM
i want the number - minus 99999 seed yeah thats how the broncos roll buddy

errand
12-30-2012, 06:51 PM
LOL

Two home game wins away from a 7th SB appearance and potential 3rd NFL title....

Bacchus
12-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Hilarious!Hey **** you baja!!!!!!! Stupid thread!!!!!!Hilarious!

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/pjpeg/c8c25ae8643af756928ab9e62915f6a4ae24d1e.pjpg

baja
12-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Even though NE scored a bye because of the loss by Houston I am very happy with the #1 seed over all. It would have been nice to catch NE after a tough game with Cinnci but not to be, hard to be disappointed with the #1 seed.

Keep it up errand you are really impressing everyone with your super fandom. Has Peyton called you yet to thank you for you superbness?

Bacchus
12-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Even though NE scored a bye because of the loss by Houston I am very happy with the #1 seed over all. It would have been nice to catch NE after a tough game with Cinnci but not to be, hard to be disappointed with the #1 seed.

Keep it up errand you are really impressing everyone with your super fandom. Has Peyton called you yet to thank you for you superbness?

Hopefully, the Texans will go up there and give them a tough game. Anyway, Denver will beat the Pats.

mwill07
12-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Here's why the #1 seed is great: there are 3 good AFC teams - Denver, NE, and Houston. Denver will only have to play one of these - #2 has to play two. we will have NE or Houston - not both. And, obviously, we will play them at home.

DENVERDUI55
12-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Here's why the #1 seed is great: there are 3 good AFC teams - Denver, NE, and Houston. Denver will only have to play one of these - #2 has to play two. we will have NE or Houston - not both. And, obviously, we will play them at home.

I think the 3 good AFC teams the #1 and #2 seed plus Cincinatti. I think both AFC road teams win next week. Houston is a pretty bad team right now.

broncocalijohn
12-30-2012, 07:05 PM

You cant make this thread within the last few days and then say you are now happy.

Errand will be in here soon to tell you how wrong you really are on this.

baja
12-30-2012, 07:06 PM

Obviously that is a good point but heck I would be more concerned about Cinnci than Houston at this point.

I think Cinnci has a decent shot at beating NE.

Anyway it's a great feeling to be where we are.

rmsanger
12-30-2012, 07:09 PM
This thread tries to divide by zero...

baja
12-30-2012, 07:11 PM
You cant make this thread within the last few days and then say you are now happy.

I know! He really has me on the ropes. I'm thinking I will need to look around for another message board. He's killin me with his relentlessness. What a fan he is. He should be in the ring of flame.

errand
12-30-2012, 07:15 PM

No, but he did call to say he thinks you're a douche too.....

Oh, just like the team was classless and **** the Broncos when they were signing Manning and trading Tebow, now you're all Broncos Rule!

Now you're happy we have the number one seed despite spending numerous posts in here trying to convince us why having the number one seed was a bad idea....

ever occur to you if you don't like anyone calling you out, then you shouldn't say some of the stupidest things known to man?

And I don't think I'm better than all other fans...but I'm damn sure a better fan than you are, clown.....

BroncoFox
12-30-2012, 07:16 PM

WHO CARES? Omg...

You people are saying it's better to play an AWAY GAME just so that a team that ISN'T Denver has to play one more game. Look.. if NE is just that super scary awesome, it really doesn't matter where we play, does it. If it is to the point that you WANT Denver to NOT play at home, just so they have to play another game.

I'd much, MUCH rather have NE in Denver, with a rabid fan base, THIN AIR, and our team, which is by far, the BEST fourth quarter team in the league. If it comes down to it, I'd rather be facing them in Denver.

I am still blown away that some of you would rather have to play TWO good teams, and one AWAY, just so that NE has to play one more game! omg...

I am thrilled we get both games at home. I think some of you have given up on home field advantage. On Mile High magic. One our thin our. On the hype and thrill of having two home games.

BroncoFox
12-30-2012, 07:18 PM
And then you go on to say that you think Cinci has a GOOD CHANCE to beat NE.. and we've already beat them! So Cinci has a good chance to win IN NE.. but Denver doesn't have a better chance of beating them IN Denver?

The mind boggles.

baja
12-30-2012, 07:21 PM
WHO CARES? Omg...

You people are saying it's better to play an AWAY GAME just so that a team that ISN'T Denver has to play one more game. Look.. if NE is just that super scary awesome, it really doesn't matter where we play, does it. If it is to the point that you WANT Denver to NOT play at home, just so they have to play another game.

I'd much, MUCH rather have NE in Denver, with a rabid fan base, THIN AIR, and our team, which is by far, the BEST fourth quarter team in the league. If it comes down to it, I'd rather be facing them in Denver.

I am still blown away that some of you would rather have to play TWO good teams, and one AWAY, just so that NE has to play one more game! omg...

I am thrilled we get both games at home. I think some of you have given up on home field advantage. On Mile High magic. One our thin our. On the hype and thrill of having two home games.

You should date errand.

errand
12-30-2012, 07:21 PM
I know! He really has me on the ropes. I'm thinking I will need to look around for another message board. He's killin me with his relentlessness. What a fan he is. He should be in the ring of flame.

Keep in mind, you said what you said.....why you're shocked someone calls you out on it is beyond me. What's truly sad is you have no shame about saying those things about this team....but keep thinking you're just as big a fan as anyone else now that the Broncos have broke it off in your ass.

baja
12-30-2012, 07:22 PM
And then you go on to say that you think Cinci has a GOOD CHANCE to beat NE.. and we've already beat them! So Cinci has a good chance to win IN NE.. but Denver doesn't have a better chance of beating them IN Denver?

The mind boggles.

It really doesn't seem like you have a mind to boggle.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Errand and baja fighting... Reminds me of the douche vs. turd episode of South Park.

BroncoFox
12-30-2012, 07:24 PM
It really doesn't seem like you have a mind to boggle.

Why.. because I don't want to bow down to the logic that it would be smarter to LOSE a game to be the second seed, because it would somehow magically benefit us, even though you think Cinci can beat NE at NE? :giggle:

LetsGoBroncos
12-30-2012, 07:25 PM

The mind boggles.

What are you guys talking about? Cincy plays Houston. If they win they come to Denver. They won't play NE

Requiem
12-30-2012, 07:26 PM
Who the Hell wouldn't want to have the road to the Super Bowl go through their home field? Good grief. This is an all-time thread fail.

baja
12-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Errand and baja fighting... Reminds me of the douche vs. turd episode of South Park.

Well I see the third stooge just showed up.

I'll let you three stooges have this thread.

I am happy I could my small part to allow you to feel superior.

Oh an Foxy I really think you should date errand you are intellectual soul mates.

DENVERDUI55
12-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Why wouldn't you want HFA throughout the playoffs? Pretty much is a trip to AFC championship game?

baja
12-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Why.. because I don't want to bow down to the logic that it would be smarter to LOSE a game to be the second seed, because it would somehow magically benefit us, even though you think Cinci can beat NE at NE? :giggle:

Which game do you think I wanted to lose?

DENVERDUI55
12-30-2012, 07:31 PM

In all fairness every single one of us say things we don't mean from time to time. With that being said you did say you would get rid of the broncos as your team if they shipped that one FB out and signed Manning. That is a serious statement. You have to expect to never hear the end of that.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 07:32 PM
I don't want to win our playoff game, because if we win we will have to advance and play a good team.

KipCorrington25
12-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Keep in mind, you said what you said.....why you're shocked someone calls you out on it is beyond me. What's truly sad is you have no shame about saying those things about this team....but keep thinking you're just as big a fan as anyone else now that the Broncos have broke it off in your ass.

The Broncos actually broke it off in KC's ass once again. Hilarious!

errand
12-30-2012, 07:36 PM

Exactly....he makes a thread saying he doesn't want the #1 seed, and now he comes in here saying he's glad we have it?

home field in a venue like SAF at MH is a bigger advantage to this team.....we've allowed 18 points per game overall, but that goes down to just under 17 at home. Offensively we've scored less than 30 at home one time...and even then it was 25.

so we play better at home....both offensively and defensively, the thin air, and the crowd noise add in we're 4-2 vs. Brady at home.....so yeah, he is wrong.

errand
12-30-2012, 07:38 PM
I don't want to win our playoff game, because if we win we will have to advance and play a good team.

Don't give Baja any ****ing ideas for a new thread.....

Requiem
12-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Baja was against the first seed before he was for it. You John Kerry flip-flopper dippity doopity doppler radar.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-30-2012, 07:42 PM
I thought renouncing your bronco fandom was bad enough, but this thread adds to it. Probably best if this thread gets buried eh Baja?

DENVERDUI55
12-30-2012, 07:44 PM
The reason this thread is fail is Denver will have to beat New England this post season regardless of seeding. #2 or #3 either way is in Denver so why wouldn't you want your other game at home for sure and pretty much make the AFC championship game a likely scenerio?

errand
12-30-2012, 07:45 PM
In all fairness every single one of us say things we don't mean from time to time. With that being said you did say you would get rid of the broncos as your team if they shipped that one FB out and signed Manning. That is a serious statement. You have to expect to never hear the end of that.

Exactly....TJ called Bowlen a gutless drunk.... Blueflame called the Jake Plummer signing a "mistake of colossal proportions"

They caught hell for more than a few games for those statements...and they like Baja made those dumb comments because they were butt hurt that a player or coach they loved or liked was mistreated in their mind.

RedskinBronco
12-30-2012, 08:59 PM
This worked out so great.

Winner of Baltimore/Indy and then winner of Houston/NE; all AT HOME

DENVERDUI55
12-30-2012, 09:01 PM
This worked out so great.

Winner of Baltimore/Indy and then winner of Houston/NE; all AT HOME

I honestly think we got Cincinatti coming to town in the divisional.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 09:02 PM
Exactly....TJ called Bowlen a gutless drunk.... Blueflame called the Jake Plummer signing a "mistake of colossal proportions"

They caught hell for more than a few games for those statements...and they like Baja made those dumb comments because they were butt hurt that a player or coach they loved or liked was mistreated in their mind.

Nothing was more disparaging to this team than wanting orton over Tebow though... You are actually the worst fan.

HAT
12-30-2012, 09:58 PM

Wait, what?

Play2win
12-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Houston = US, last year.

Backing into playoffs, win WC round (barely), then get demolished when they go against a real team.

Doggcow
12-30-2012, 10:16 PM

Yeah, honestly I'm a little worried about Cinci too, their D-Line can play.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Nothing was more disparaging to this team than wanting orton over Tebow though... You are actually the worst fan.

go away jhizz

Bacchus
12-30-2012, 10:36 PM
This thread is going to be around long after you are dead and buried!!!!

DenverBound
12-30-2012, 10:38 PM

You guys can give Baja all the **** you want but the truth is his logic was and still is sound. If we would would have had to go to Houston and that's a big if, we would have trashed them. They are playing like trash and would have most likely lost before that ended up happening anyway... All the while Denver would have still gotten the bye while NE would have had to play an extra game having less time to prepare and heal and for all accounts we still would have had HF advantage because the Texans are a joke.

BroncoBeavis
12-30-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm not digging on Baja either. But I think there are two legit contenders in the conference this year. Having them meet in the AFCCG is the way it should go. And that road heading through Denver is pretty damn sweet.

Doggcow
12-30-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm not digging on Baja either. But I think there are two legit contenders in the conference this year. Having them meet in the AFCCG is the way it should go. And that road heading through Denver is pretty damn sweet.

It would have been going through Denver anyway.

However, I honestly want an extra game to "Practice" for New England anyway. I was kinda worried about getting them after a bye if we had some rust, they could dickslam us.

broncocalijohn
12-30-2012, 10:57 PM
I think we should give up the #1 seed and fall to #6. With Houston down on the ropes, nothing is better to play a wounded team to use as practice and go down there and whip their butts. Then assuming NE wins, we go to the Pats and gets some revenge on them and beat them on the road. I want to beat the best at their house so their fans cry and have 70k bitching and moaning in that NE accent. See, we did the road to revenge tour in 97 so why not do it again?

Is this how you do it Baja?

Mile High Mojoe
12-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Naaw, having the #1 seed is always better. We earned it and I like our chances against Brady no matter what. That said, I love what Deion Sanders said tonight. If you don't win the Super Bowl nothing else matters and the season is a failure. I've been saying this since Elway retired.

For all the great regular season records and stats if you don't advance to the SB and win it, it has to be considered a failure. 2nd place sucks we've been there. The Broncos have been the Bridesmaid 3 times, 3 times. The Broncos have the greatest chance since 2006 to win it all. Except this time they have Manning instead of Plummer.

Personally if they don't win it all it'll be the biggest playoff failure since the Broncos lost to the Jaguars in 1996.

It's there for the taking they MUST win it THIS year.

broncocalijohn
12-30-2012, 11:09 PM
^ MHM,
you are rarely correct and this one is no exception. It would be a failure as we have the #1 seed. Failure if we lose in the superbowl? I am not sure about that. THere are teams building from rock bottom and to say 31 teams are failures is a complete joke. Seattle not winning this season the Lombardi trophy is not considered a failure. I believe Bengals wouldnt be considered a failure either. They finally have 2 playoff seasons in 30 years. Do you know what is a failure? Your thoughts on Luck before finally admitting you were wrong and your try at getting people to read your blogs.

Mile High Mojoe
12-30-2012, 11:16 PM
^ MHM,
you are rarely correct and this one is no exception. It would be a failure as we have the #1 seed. Failure if we lose in the superbowl? I am not sure about that. THere are teams building from rock bottom and to say 31 teams are failures is a complete joke. Seattle not winning this season the Lombardi trophy is not considered a failure. I believe Bengals wouldnt be considered a failure either. They finally have 2 playoff seasons in 30 years. Do you know what is a failure? Your thoughts on Luck before finally admitting you were wrong and your try at getting people to read your blogs.

No shock to see you haven't changed a bit. You still have plenty of hate and discontent to spread on this great day but I won't indulge you. I'm happy for the Broncos, they're my team just as much as yours but taking second this year won't do. The table is set, the road to the Super Bowl goes through Denver and I think after they take care of the Pats, Manning brings home the 3rd ring.

broncocalijohn
12-30-2012, 11:19 PM
No shock to see you haven't changed a bit. You still have plenty of hate and discontent to spread on this great day but I won't indulge you. I'm happy for the Broncos, they're my team just as much as yours but taking second this year won't do. The table is set, the road to the Super Bowl goes through Denver and I think after they take care of the Pats, Manning brings home the 3rd ring.

2nd might suck but this is after all has been said and done. You really going to try and tell me teams like Seattle, Washington and Cinci have failure seasons if they don't win it all? Your logic is still flawed.

BTW, I think we have enough to win it all. Didn't think that before the season. Our comeback has come very quick. I think better things are in our future. I would love to see 96-98 all over again (but with 3 SB wins).

Mile High Mojoe
12-30-2012, 11:34 PM
2nd might suck but this is after all has been said and done. You really going to try and tell me teams like Seattle, Washington and Cinci have failure seasons if they don't win it all? Your logic is still flawed.

BTW, I think we have enough to win it all. Didn't think that before the season. Our comeback has come very quick. I think better things are in our future. I would love to see 96-98 all over again (but with 3 SB wins).

Seattle has had a nice season, Cinci, Washington, Indy, Minnesota they've all had great regular season success. But I'm positive that ever team on this list wants the ring and a champioship. Yeah, we'll remember AP and his rushing record, Manning's great comeback, RG3, Wilson and Luck having great Rookie seasons. But in the end if you don't win the final game it is a failure, it's certainly not a success to lose it. It can't be called a complete success without it. I'm sure Manning, Fox, Elway and Bowlen all feel the same way. To get HF throughout and not win it all is most certainly going to be a failure, nothing will stop the Broncos but themselves now, nothing.

I think the key to winning it all is going to be can the Broncos D keep up the intensity? They're playing as well as they did in the 2006, better really so if they can play well and Manning and Company does his thing we shouldn't expect anything but a win the SB.

BroncoBeavis
12-30-2012, 11:38 PM
It would have been going through Denver anyway.

However, I honestly want an extra game to "Practice" for New England anyway. I was kinda worried about getting them after a bye if we had some rust, they could *****lam us.

I'm thinking back a couple weeks to when it looked like we'd have to go to Foxboro as 2 vs 3.

Agamemnon
12-30-2012, 11:38 PM

When you are the best all-around team in the league with home field advantage in the playoffs, not winning the Super Bowl is a big fat failure. Period.

The teams you are talking about have 1st and 2nd year QBs and are just happy to be in the playoffs. It's completely different.

Bacchus
12-30-2012, 11:39 PM
Personally if they don't win it all it'll be the biggest playoff failure since the Broncos lost to the Jaguars in 1996.

I do not even know you\ but why the **** would you say this on a rare appearance? It makes you sound like a hater or a Teboner anyway.

broncocalijohn
12-30-2012, 11:40 PM
MHM, you think seasons like 86 and 87 were failures. Of course every team has the thoughts in April to win it all but in reality, it isn't going to happen for all but 1. It isnt so cut n dry. We have made more runs at the SB then most teams but I will never look at those seasons as failures. I think 96 season is one of the biggest failures but that is based on how good that team was and to lose in the 2nd round to a Jags team. Go back and see who was on that 86 or 87 team. Guys like Arthur marshall and a young Nattiel. THat team had no business getting as far as they did. Not a failure at all. We just had high hopes as they continued to do well. They played over their head and we had a great QB. Please let Elway know that those seasons were failures.

broncocalijohn
12-30-2012, 11:41 PM
When you are the best all-around team in the league with home field advantage in the playoffs, not winning the Super Bowl is a big fat failure. Period.

The teams you are talking about have 1st and 2nd year QBs and are just happy to be in the playoffs. It's completely different.

I agree and stated that.

theAPAOps5
12-30-2012, 11:41 PM
I do not even know you\ but why the **** would you say this on a rare appearance? It makes you sound like a hater or a Teboner anyway.

Oh man, there is no one place to begin to explain why our friend Mile High Mojoe says the stuff he does. I am not going to dig up the past, but lets just say he isn't afraid to say anything.

Agamemnon
12-30-2012, 11:44 PM
I agree and stated that.

Guess I misunderstood what you were saying...

BroncoBeavis
12-30-2012, 11:46 PM
I'll be happy making the AFCCG so long as we don't end up humiliated by the Pats again. Even if its a loss in one of those Heavyweight title bouts for the ages, that wouldn't be so terrible. So long as we go down swinging and look like the top tier team we are... hard to fault that.

Bacchus
12-30-2012, 11:46 PM
MHM, you think seasons like 86 and 87 were failures. Of course every team has the thoughts in April to win it all but in reality, it isn't going to happen for all but 1. It isnt so cut n dry. We have made more runs at the SB then most teams but I will never look at those seasons as failures. I think 96 season is one of the biggest failures but that is based on how good that team was and to lose in the 2nd round to a Jags team. Go back and see who was on that 86 or 87 team. Guys like Arthur marshall, Michael Young and a young Nattiel. THat team had no business getting as far as they did. Not a failure at all. We just had high hopes as they continued to do well. They played over their head and we had a great QB. Please let Elway know that those seasons were failures.

Nice sentiment but Natiel was not drafted until 1987. Michael Young was a FA in '89 and Marshall was 1992.

In 1986-87 you are talking about Vance Johnson, Mark Jackson, Clint Sampson and Steve Watson....You know Elway's 4 sons!!!!!

Agamemnon
12-30-2012, 11:47 PM
MHM, you think seasons like 86 and 87 were failures. Of course every team has the thoughts in April to win it all but in reality, it isn't going to happen for all but 1. It isnt so cut n dry. We have made more runs at the SB then most teams but I will never look at those seasons as failures. I think 96 season is one of the biggest failures but that is based on how good that team was and to lose in the 2nd round to a Jags team. Go back and see who was on that 86 or 87 team. Guys like Arthur marshall, Michael Young and a young Nattiel. THat team had no business getting as far as they did. Not a failure at all. We just had high hopes as they continued to do well. They played over their head and we had a great QB. Please let Elway know that those seasons were failures.

The Reeves-era Super Bowl losses weren't failures because they lost. After all none of those teams were particularly great like you said. They were failures because of the absolutely shameful way they lost.

Agamemnon
12-30-2012, 11:50 PM
I'll be happy making the AFCCG so long as we don't end up humiliated by the Pats again. Even if its a loss in one of those Heavyweight title bouts for the ages, that wouldn't be so terrible. So long as we go down swinging and look like the top tier team we are... hard to fault that.

I won't be happy with anything short of a Super Bowl win. This is the second best Bronco team I've ever watched after the '98 team, and they have no business losing to anyone from here on out. Especially to the mother****ing Patriots at home.

broncocalijohn
12-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Nice sentiment but Natiel was not drafted until 1987. Michael Young was a FA in '89 and Marshall was 1992.

In 1986-87 you are talking about Vance Johnson, Mark Jackson, Clint Sampson and Steve Watson....You know Elway's 4 sons!!!!!

i mentioned both 86 and 87. We didnt sneak up on anyone in 87 but 86 was a nice surprise of how far we went and how good we played in the regular season. We pump up our own but if you look at some of the stats, Elway did a lot with above average guys. I loved em but if I look back as a non Broncos fan, I would say it was not a scary group of receivers. Look at our running backs. Winder and Sewell. Add Wilhite and you might get 1100 yards. Winder had less than 750 yards in those 2 seasons. Kay was at least a standout as a TE with almost 40 catches. Hail Elway. No way those are failures of seasons.

Losing that bad like they were preseason college games? Yes, that was a complete failure but only for the game not the season.

Mile High Mojoe
12-30-2012, 11:56 PM

Thanks for giving me some back up. This is my point, we have a the 5th ranked D, one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game starting at QB, the Patriots are down, the Ravens are down, IMO we should be able to beat any of the teams currently in the NFC playoffs, we have home field throughout. To call the team successful if they blow this chance just doesn't fit, it WILL be a failure.

I'm hoping that doesn't happen the team is good enough to win the whole thing and we shouldn't expect anything less. If they don't win it with this team and the advantages they have THIS year no one will call the season a success. Winning the SB has to be the goal, an early playoff exit or 2nd place in the SB is not.

extralife
12-31-2012, 12:01 AM
they have no business losing to anyone from here on out. Especially to the mother****ing Patriots at home.

we're still going to have a really hard time dealing with the cumulative effect of NE's TE duo plus their running game.

Mile High Mojoe
12-31-2012, 12:05 AM
we're still going to have a really hard time dealing with the cumulative effect of NE's TE duo plus their running game.

The Broncos will completely shut the door on their running game and pressure Brady. The TE's won't be as big a factor this year, the Broncos D will cover well and smother Brady with an unrelenting pass rush. I don't see us losing to the Patriots it won't happen.

Agamemnon
12-31-2012, 12:15 AM

The 29th ranked pass defense in the league versus Manning and Co. looks like a much worse matchup than the 3rd ranked pass defense versus Brady and Co. Much, much worse. Oh and they won't be able to use their hurry-up offense.

They better pray for a bunch of stupid Bronco turnovers. That's their only hope.

broncocalijohn
12-31-2012, 12:23 AM
Thanks for giving me some back up. This is my point, we have a the 5th ranked D, one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game starting at QB, the Patriots are down, the Ravens are down, IMO we should be able to beat any of the teams currently in the NFC playoffs, we have home field throughout. To call the team successful if they blow this chance just doesn't fit, it WILL be a failure.

I'm hoping that doesn't happen the team is good enough to win the whole thing and we shouldn't expect anything less. If they don't win it with this team and the advantages they have THIS year no one will call the season a success. Winning the SB has to be the goal, an early playoff exit or 2nd place in the SB is not.

Backup? You said it is a failure for all seasons not just this season. With what is now in our grasps, I would say nothing less than a SB appearance is a failure. At the beginning of the season, 10 wins and a playoff victory would not be a failure if that is all we got. Things have changed and our goals are now higher.

extralife
12-31-2012, 12:31 AM
The 29th ranked pass defense in the league versus Manning and Co. looks like a much worse matchup than the 3rd ranked pass defense versus Brady and Co. Much, much worse. Oh and they won't be able to use their hurry-up offense.

our pass defense in general is obviously good, but we're very bad vs. the tight end (I originally said the worst. Football outsiders have us 23rd in DVOA against TE, and we've given up the third most yards. Pretty bad). I don't think any of that Hernandez-in-the-backfield junk could do anything to us this year, but I also don't think we can realistically expect to shutdown their TEs AND their backs. If Harris can hold up on Welker (this would be a great matchup to watch) and Lloyd doesn't beat Champ deep, we could be all right even if one of those two areas have a nice day, but another disaster like 250 rushing yards against? Or Hernandez for a buck fifty and two TDs? we'd lose that game. as far as our receivers, football outsiders says NE is actually pretty good in pass defense against WR. I buy it. Their secondary isn't as bad as it looked early in the season. Talib has certainly helped.

I'm also worried about turnover differential. those stats usually come to bear in the playoffs, and the Pats are number one in the NFL.

basically no one can convince me that this isn't a tough game. I'm going to worry about it from today until the game is over. and if we don't make it there to begin with I'm going to break every window in my house.

Agamemnon
12-31-2012, 12:45 AM
our pass defense in general is obviously good, but we're very bad vs. the tight end (I originally said the worst. Football outsiders have us 23rd in DVOA against TE, and we've given up the third most yards. Pretty bad). I don't think any of that Hernandez-in-the-backfield junk could do anything to us this year, but I also don't think we can realistically expect to shutdown their TEs AND their backs. If Harris can hold up on Welker (this would be a great matchup to watch) and Lloyd doesn't beat Champ deep, we could be all right even if one of those two areas have a nice day, but another disaster like 250 rushing yards against? Or Hernandez for a buck fifty and two TDs? we'd lose that game.

I'm also worried about turnover differential. those stats usually come to bear in the playoffs, and the Pats are number one in the NFL.

basically no one can convince me that this isn't a tough game. I'm going to worry about it from today until the game is over. and if we don't make it there to begin with I'm going to break every window in my house.

If we're just looking at matchups it shouldn't be a tough game. The offenses are roughly equal (the Pats have inflated stats due to constantly running it up on crappy teams), while the Broncos defense is vastly superior. And you're actually wrong about the turnover thing. Many teams with big TO differentials in the regular season see that dry up in the playoffs. Though it definitely is the X factor, and the only way I see us losing to the Pats (or really anyone).

RedskinBronco
12-31-2012, 06:59 AM

Yeah it could happen.

I am sure Houston will get destroyed at some point. They will either embarrass themselves this week at home or get completely slaughtered by the Patriots.

USMCBladerunner
12-31-2012, 08:10 AM

If you had been staking this claim since last offseason, then I'd get you, but this team has become far better, much faster, than most thought possible. 13-3 is, in itself, a successful season. Our hopes and expectations are high right now, and not winning the super bowl will bring some disappointment, but it will not equal a failure of a season. Deion Sanders says a lot of things, but they aren't necessarily right.

From a players perspective, especially one who has won a Super Bowl, it's easy to label anything less than a Lombardi Trophy a failure, but in reality, the spectum of success in the NFL is broader than a binary success/failure. The game is far more complex from a GM and coaching perspective.

For fans, apparently it varies. I think this season has been incredibly successful, and will consider each additional win as additional success. For you, it seems to depend only on whether they win the Super Bowl. If that's the case, I presume you stopped watching the games once you decided this team was good enough to win it all? I presume you will not watch the playoffs games until the Super Bowl?

I didn't think so.

Kaylore
12-31-2012, 08:15 AM
ROFL! Nice edit Baja.

broncocalijohn
12-31-2012, 09:22 AM
ROFL! Nice edit Baja.

YES Hilarious! Hilarious!

Next Thread Titles by Baja:

"I like Sunlight better than food but now I changed my mind"

"Mexico is much safer than USA but now I changed my mind"

"I was going to turn myself into the authorities but now I changed my mind"

bronco militia
12-31-2012, 09:25 AM
YES Hilarious! Hilarious!

Next Thread Titles by Baja:

"I like Sunlight better than food but now I changed my mind"

"Mexico is much safer than USA but now I changed my mind"

"I was going to turn myself into the authorities but now I changed my mind"

LOLLOLLOL

OBF1
12-31-2012, 09:26 AM

BJ can never change this post though... Orangemane gold LOL

broncocalijohn
12-31-2012, 09:32 AM

Nice bump on this one CBF1. He got banned for this! This isn't family smack, it is Baja smack. THere is no rip on the Mom but on Baja. Weak moderator that can't tell the difference of personal smack and family smack. When he gets back, I hope someone reminds everyone to Pos rep the **** out of this post. Very funny!

Boo to whoever was responsible for banning him.

Bacchus
12-31-2012, 11:41 AM
i mentioned both 86 and 87. We didnt sneak up on anyone in 87 but 86 was a nice surprise of how far we went and how good we played in the regular season. We pump up our own but if you look at some of the stats, Elway did a lot with above average guys. I loved em but if I look back as a non Broncos fan, I would say it was not a scary group of receivers. Look at our running backs. Winder and Sewell. Add Wilhite and you might get 1100 yards. Winder had less than 750 yards in those 2 seasons. Kay was at least a standout as a TE with almost 40 catches. Hail Elway. No way those are failures of seasons.

Losing that bad like they were preseason college games? Yes, that was a complete failure but only for the game not the season.

Yeah, those were some great years, The WRs fit the offense but they weren't scarey. Although I would absolutely love seeing Vance running the slot on this team. In his prime of course!!!

Bronco Yoda
12-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Naaw, having the #1 seed is always better. We earned it and I like our chances against Brady no matter what. That said, I love what Deion Sanders said tonight. If you don't win the Super Bowl nothing else matters and the season is a failure. I've been saying this since Elway retired.

For all the great regular season records and stats if you don't advance to the SB and win it, it has to be considered a failure. 2nd place sucks we've been there. The Broncos have been the Bridesmaid 3 times, 3 times. The Broncos have the greatest chance since 2006 to win it all. Except this time they have Manning instead of Plummer.

4 times MHM... that would be 4 times as the Bridesmaid. And for those of us that watched the Orange Crush way back when, it was not a total failure.

Mile High Mojoe
12-31-2012, 12:00 PM
If you had been staking this claim since last offseason, then I'd get you, but this team has become far better, much faster, than most thought possible. 13-3 is, in itself, a successful season. Our hopes and expectations are high right now, and not winning the super bowl will bring some disappointment, but it will not equal a failure of a season. Deion Sanders says a lot of things, but they aren't necessarily right.

From a players perspective, especially one who has won a Super Bowl, it's easy to label anything less than a Lombardi Trophy a failure, but in reality, the spectum of success in the NFL is broader than a binary success/failure. The game is far more complex from a GM and coaching perspective.

For fans, apparently it varies. I think this season has been incredibly successful, and will consider each additional win as additional success. For you, it seems to depend only on whether they win the Super Bowl. If that's the case, I presume you stopped watching the games once you decided this team was good enough to win it all? I presume you will not watch the playoffs games until the Super Bowl?

I didn't think so.

You have to separate what is defined as a great season and a “successful” season. In 1996 the Broncos were a 13-3 team, had home field throughout and then proceeded to lose to the lowly Jaguars. After this one was over I didn’t call the Broncos a success at all. After this one no hard core Broncos fan and no one in the media called that season a success either. It was such an epic failure that there was talk after the game that the great Elway might retire.

I consider that loss the worst defeat in Broncos team history, #2 was the Redskins Super Bowl loss, then at #3 the epic fail by Jake when he blew his wad in 2006. The SB losses to the Giants and 49ers were devastating but both teams were better than the Broncos so it wasn’t a big shock when we came up on the short end.

I remember the Jaguars game like it was yesterday. The day before the game I bought a brand new 32 inch Hitachi Color TV. I invited about 10 friends over to watch the game. I was absolutely convinced the Broncos were going to win the whole thing that year because they had the best regular season record in the AFC and I believed at the time no one could stop them. That one hurt, hurt bad, it crushed Elway and the City of Denver.

Did they win a lot of games that year and put up great stats? Oh yeah but to call that season successful is bad joke.

The same would be true of the Redskins loss in the Super Bowl. The Broncos got a second chance after losing to what was a far better team than them in the Giants the year before. The Broncos were the best team in the NFL during the regular season in 1988. The Redskins were lucky to be there.

They let the Bucs Doug Williams and Tim Smith have career days when both wouldn’t even be backups on most teams back then. For whatever reason a pretty good Broncos D up until that point unraveled, especially in the secondary. Lilly who can forget Lilly getting beat like a school boy on every pass play.

Then of course there’s 2006, a team as it turned out that was one player, a QB, away from a SB.

After the last Super Bowl win in 1998 Shanahan would go onto have what some would call “successful” seasons. None of them translated into a Super Bowl win however and the memory of the last one has turned into a 13 year wait for another.

The game is played to win championships period. If the Broncos blow a chance here with home field advantage with Manning at the top of his game and the D playing as well as they has in years I wouldn’t call it a successful season.

THEY MUST WIN THE SUPER BOWL! GO BRONCOS!!

JakeZ01
01-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Nice bump on this one CBF1. He got banned for this! This isn't family smack, it is Baja smack. THere is no rip on the Mom but on Baja. Weak moderator that can't tell the difference of personal smack and family smack. When he gets back, I hope someone reminds everyone to Pos rep the **** out of this post. Very funny!

Boo to whoever was responsible for banning him.

Thank you, but I was insulting his father...I think it was a weak ban, but rules are rules I guess.

Blueflame
01-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Thank you, but I was insulting his father...I think it was a weak ban, but rules are rules I guess.

"No family smack" is a forum rule that has always been strictly enforced. When in doubt as to whether or not a remark could be viewed as family smack, the wisest course is to just not click "Submit Reply".

In your case, the post insulted both of his parents; suggesting that his father was genetically inferior and that his mother wasn't picky.

Bacchus
01-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Blue has the Banhammer

JakeZ01
01-07-2013, 03:29 PM
"No family smack" is a forum rule that has always been strictly enforced. When in doubt as to whether or not a remark could be viewed as family smack, the wisest course is to just not click "Submit Reply".

In your case, the post insulted both of his parents; suggesting that his father was genetically inferior and that his mother wasn't picky.

fair enough. but whose father is really the best genetic sample? my dad is bald and has bitch tits. It was a light joke really...

I will say this, I have seen FAAAAAAR worse here go untouched. I'll just make sure if I say something ban worthy, that I go all the way next time ;)

Bacchus
01-07-2013, 04:23 PM
fair enough. but whose father is really the best genetic sample? my dad is bald and has b**** boobies. It was a light joke really...

I will say this, I have seen FAAAAAAR worse here go untouched. I'll just make sure if I say something ban worthy, that I go all the way next time ;)

I think everyone that posts here mothers are ridiculous, idiotic and moronic for raising stupid children.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Lol

broncocalijohn
01-07-2013, 08:10 PM

well, welcome back from a complete weak ban.

spdirty
01-07-2013, 08:36 PM
You have to separate what is defined as a great season and a “successful” season. In 1996 the Broncos were a 13-3 team, had home field throughout and then proceeded to lose to the lowly Jaguars. After this one was over I didn’t call the Broncos a success at all. After this one no hard core Broncos fan and no one in the media called that season a success either. It was such an epic failure that there was talk after the game that the great Elway might retire.

I consider that loss the worst defeat in Broncos team history, #2 was the Redskins Super Bowl loss, then at #3 the epic fail by Jake when he blew his wad in 2006. The SB losses to the Giants and 49ers were devastating but both teams were better than the Broncos so it wasn’t a big shock when we came up on the short end.

I remember the Jaguars game like it was yesterday. The day before the game I bought a brand new 32 inch Hitachi Color TV. I invited about 10 friends over to watch the game. I was absolutely convinced the Broncos were going to win the whole thing that year because they had the best regular season record in the AFC and I believed at the time no one could stop them. That one hurt, hurt bad, it crushed Elway and the City of Denver.

Did they win a lot of games that year and put up great stats? Oh yeah but to call that season successful is bad joke.

The same would be true of the Redskins loss in the Super Bowl. The Broncos got a second chance after losing to what was a far better team than them in the Giants the year before. The Broncos were the best team in the NFL during the regular season in 1988. The Redskins were lucky to be there.

They let the Bucs Doug Williams and Tim Smith have career days when both wouldn’t even be backups on most teams back then. For whatever reason a pretty good Broncos D up until that point unraveled, especially in the secondary. Lilly who can forget Lilly getting beat like a school boy on every pass play.

Then of course there’s 2006, a team as it turned out that was one player, a QB, away from a SB.

After the last Super Bowl win in 1998 Shanahan would go onto have what some would call “successful” seasons. None of them translated into a Super Bowl win however and the memory of the last one has turned into a 13 year wait for another.

The game is played to win championships period. If the Broncos blow a chance here with home field advantage with Manning at the top of his game and the D playing as well as they has in years I wouldn’t call it a successful season.

THEY MUST WIN THE SUPER BOWL! GO BRONCOS!!

Couldn't agree more. :thumbs: