PDA

View Full Version : Seattle or San Fran?

Chris
12-23-2012, 03:33 PM
My entire year of pick em is basically riding on this game.

I'm leaning towards Seattle - they're playing for their playoff lives whereas SF are playing for seeding. They've also been crushing people lately at home.

Thoughts?

HAT
12-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Seattle money line is the best bet of the entire NFL card to date.

Orange&BlueMohawk
12-23-2012, 03:39 PM
I will go with Seattle, even though I was for San Fran to beats the Pats.

teknic
12-23-2012, 03:40 PM
It's hard to bet against Seattle at home....

Should be a close game, but I'd probably go with the Seahawks.

Armchair Bronco
12-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Seattle in a close, super-exciting game.

The 12th man is not something to mess with. It's arguably the loudest, most rowdy stadium in the country, and the place will be rockin'.

Plus, the Forty-Whiners will get to see what a *real* read-option offense looks like with Russell Wilson. Coppernickle runs a lanky version of the read-opion, but his play action fakes don't fool anyone, and he's super careless with the ball.

The Whiners will have at least 2 big turnovers in the game.

Hawks 24, Forty-Whiners 21.

Requiem
12-23-2012, 04:11 PM
^ Cool story bro. Tell us again how you are rooting for like 9 teams this year. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

extralife
12-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Niners gonna end this stupid Seattle hype train. It's how they do

Armchair Bronco
12-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Tell us again how you are rooting for like 9 teams this year. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

Just two teams, dude. Broncos & Hawks. 1 AFC team and 1 NFC team.

rbackfactory80
12-23-2012, 05:38 PM
San Fran

Better team

MillerMayhem58
12-23-2012, 06:18 PM
San Fran coming off an emotional win in NE last week might look drained in this game while seattle is at home with the 12th man..........seattle by 10

Greatspirits
12-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Go SeaHags!!!

frerottenextelway
12-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Damn is it loud there!

rbackfactory80
12-23-2012, 07:12 PM
What a hit.

teknic
12-23-2012, 07:13 PM
What a hit.

That flag is bull****. The NFL has become a bunch of pussies. That's good defense.

frerottenextelway
12-23-2012, 07:14 PM
And of course a flag! The nfl really needs to revamp all these penalties.

troyjbath
12-23-2012, 07:15 PM
God damn...that was a good hit. Hate seeing guys get flagged for playing good football.

rbackfactory80
12-23-2012, 07:17 PM
That flag is bull****. The NFL has become a bunch of pussies. That's good defense.

The good thing is the fines and penalties don't seem to stop these hits from occurring. It definitely looked clean and I definitely think the NFL needs to get Roger out of office like yesterday.

frerottenextelway
Well it worked out for Seattle!

g6matty
Wow lets go seahawks!!!

rbackfactory80
12-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Goddell has obviously said to the refs to throw a flag on anything even remotely close.

Bmore Manning
12-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Can we please find our own Cam Chancelor?!!

I would take their secondary with our front four and mix and match LBs.

Greatspirits
12-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Seahags kickin the overrated 69ers!!

frerottenextelway
12-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Goddell has obviously said to the refs to throw a flag on anything even remotely close.

Yeah so stupid. A part of what killed the nba. Coaches, players, fans all hate it.

Natedog24
12-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Glad Seattle got moved out of the AFC West and the AFC altogether. Having to play a must win division or playoff game at Seattle would be a nightmare. 12th man is the real deal.

frerottenextelway
12-23-2012, 07:23 PM
What's that now, 3 delay of games and 2 timeouts used cuz of the noise...

Br0nc0Buster
12-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Seattle looks legit

I need 50 yards from Marshawn from here on out to win my fantasy championship....for all the marbles

But Seattle is gonna do damage in the playoffs, their defense is beastly

teknic
12-23-2012, 07:27 PM
The good thing is the fines and penalties don't seem to stop these hits from occurring. It definitely looked clean and I definitely think the NFL needs to get Roger out of office like yesterday.

Yeah, I agree. I hope the retired players get their retarded lawsuits thrown out of court for good, and Goodell can be replaced before he does any more damage to the game. Nothing was wrong with the NFL, these changes weren't necessary.

The game is so slanted to the offense now that I don't know how a defense is actually supposed to stop receivers now. When a quarterback makes a throw that compromises his receiver and gets him killed, he should be reprimanded for making a dumb decision. That's how you are taught to defend the pass, separate the receiver from the ball. I guess he should have just let Davis catch it????

NASurfer
12-23-2012, 07:31 PM
It's so bizarre that their stadium seems so loud compared to everyone elses. Especially since their fans really didn't support the team before Holmgren.

Houshyamama
12-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Damn Seattle looks good. BTW thanks for the suggestion, BigWangs is better than it's name suggests.

Navy Broncos Fan
12-23-2012, 07:43 PM
I told my dad yesterday I wouldn't be surprised to see a Denver vs Seattle superbowl.

Greatspirits
12-23-2012, 07:50 PM
I told my dad yesterday I wouldn't be surprised to see a Denver vs Seattle superbowl.

That would be sweet, but I don't see Seattle getting that far.

swaiy
12-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Justin Smith isnt playing. Aldon Smith isnt sacking. Hmm.

SoCalBronco
12-23-2012, 07:51 PM
This is ****ing awful. Not thrilled at how this game is going.

HAT
12-23-2012, 07:55 PM
This is ****ing awful. Not thrilled at how this game is going.

Not looking good for your frown cannon....

NASurfer
12-23-2012, 07:55 PM
New England was a soft defense before Carrol took over. Not surprised he's doing the same with Seattle. The offensive side is in better hands now (compared to his previous tenure) and Russel Wilson is a freaking talent man.

I don't like Seattle but they're playing great football.

SoCalBronco
12-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Not looking good for your frown cannon....

They'll be alright. They just have to beat Detroit and Minnesota has to lose to Green Bay and I suspect both will happen. Washington will beat Dallas to win the NFCE.

extralife
12-23-2012, 07:57 PM
This is ****ing pathetic. Smacked around like little bitches.

Lets just go ahead and give Justin Smith DPOY honors, because San Fran doesn't appear to be **** without him.

RedskinBronco
12-23-2012, 08:24 PM
I was so wrong about this game. WAY OFF.

Kudos to seattle. Although it might work out for the best. Houston unexpectedly laid an egg against Minnesota, which is great for the broncos.

But now GB can have something to play for and perhaps beat minny just in case the skins lose to the cowboys (hopefully not).

yerner
12-23-2012, 08:28 PM
ouch. that looked terrible. i thought it was going to pop thru the skin.

swaiy
12-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Aldon hasnt done anything in this game. I have to admit, Wilson doesnt look like he is easy to sack but Smith hasnt done much against the run either.

oubronco
12-23-2012, 08:55 PM

I don't want any part of Seattle they are kicking some major ass

ScottXray
12-23-2012, 09:01 PM
That would be sweet, but I don't see Seattle getting that far.

Seattle is the one team that the NFC doesn't want to see. They are really beasting it. They also have started to win on the road the last few weeks.

Getting hot at the right time.....

Frankly I don't see ANY other NFC team that can score much on that D.
Home field won't mean much if Seattle is coming.

I would not want to see them either....Lynch is running well, and is a BIG back that is really churning the wheels, and that give Wilson the PA attack.

SoCalBronco
12-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Ignore the record...Seattle is red hot right now...reminds me of the Packers a few years ago who got in as a wildcard and just rolled over everyone because they were playing at such a high level.

Greatspirits
12-23-2012, 09:16 PM
True, they are looking good and there aren't any teams in the NFC that look dominate, The Pack are starting to put things together but the Hags are peaking at the right time, I would love to see them in the Bowl.

ScottXray
12-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Ignore the record...Seattle is red hot right now...reminds me of the Packers a few years ago who got in as a wildcard and just rolled over everyone because they were playing at such a high level.

Except Seattle is even hotter than that. 150 points scored in the last 3 weeks...and this week isn't done yet!

I want Minnesota to beat GB next week...just cause I want to see Cutler and the Bears NOT make it.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-23-2012, 09:27 PM
I look forward to the collective media nutswing on Seattle this week

ScottXray
12-23-2012, 09:30 PM
I look forward to the collective media nutswing on Seattle this week

FO has been on them for about 4 weeks.

Seattle will probably be # 1 in DVOA after this, and we will be number 2
NE 3 and a jumble after that.

SouthStndJunkie
12-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Seattle wins 42-13.

Today is Jim Harbaugh's 49th birthday.

By the look on his face after the game, it appeared as if someone baked him a birthday cake with dog turd frosting and he caught a big whiff of it.

Bronco Yoda
12-23-2012, 10:34 PM
wow

Armchair Bronco
12-24-2012, 01:17 AM
It's so bizarre that their stadium seems so loud compared to everyone elses. Especially since their fans really didn't support the team before Holmgren.

Paul Allen had the architects redesign their initial plans to make the stadium super loud. They brought in acoustical engineers to make design recommendations to INCREASE the noise level.

Doggcow
12-24-2012, 01:39 AM
Seriously though. Isn't Seattle supposed to have it's corners suspended? Will that happen in the playoffs? They're so ****ing stupid for fighting it.

UberBroncoMan
12-24-2012, 02:06 AM
Paul Allen had the architects redesign their initial plans to make the stadium super loud. They brought in acoustical engineers to make design recommendations to INCREASE the noise level.

Pretty ****ing smart. Wish we had done that.

TonyR
12-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Seattle is playing the best football in the league right now. Scary good.

RedskinBronco
12-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Just remember, this is a different team on the road. I know they beat buffalo and chicago on the road recently but those teams have proven to be not that good.

I would still rather, for example, the skins face seattle in DC than have to go to Lambeau or SF

rbackfactory80
12-24-2012, 07:56 AM
Playoffs are a different game.

ScottXray
12-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Seriously though. Isn't Seattle supposed to have it's corners suspended? Will that happen in the playoffs? They're so ****ing stupid for fighting it.

Decison should come down this week and they wil lose one. The other accepted the suspension and will be back after the first round. But I think the lateness of the appeal may bite them as their left corner has been balling
and he will be out for the playoffs.

spiralism
12-24-2012, 08:22 AM
We drafted Ozzy over Wilson. If we'd pulled that off right, we could have a Favre/Rodgers scenario going and the AFC would have been our b**** for the next fifteen years. Nitpicking i know and we're pretty ****ing class right here and now but could you imagine that.... :(

Inb4 i get flamed because Ozzy has yet to take a snap. He needs a lot of work while there are no less than 5 QBs out of that draft that are starter ready as it is.

DENVERDUI55
12-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Just two teams, dude. Broncos & Hawks. 1 AFC team and 1 NFC team.

That is like being a bronco and another AFCW team fan. Seattle will always be the AFCW bronco whipping boy for as long as I am alive.

Vladimir
12-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Niners gonna end this stupid Seattle hype train. It's how they do

:rofl: lol

ZONA
12-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Seattle did look good. But I do give the 49'ers a little break here, they did not have Smith or Davis. Both of those guys are really important players for them. Seattle does look tough though. I could see them going pretty far in the NFC playoffs. They just smacked the 49'ers (although those missing players as I mentioned I think helps them) and they also played the Packers tough (and we all know they should have lost that game). I think they have a very physical team and I don't see anybody in the NFC that I think is a clear cut better team then they are.

DENVERDUI55
12-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Seattle did look good. But I do give the 49'ers a little break here, they did not have Smith or Davis. Both of those guys are really important players for them. Seattle does look tough though. I could see them going pretty far in the NFC playoffs. They just smacked the 49'ers (although those missing players as I mentioned I think helps them) and they also played the Packers tough (and we all know they should have lost that game). I think they have a very physical team and I don't see anybody in the NFC that I think is a clear cut better team then they are.

Seattle hasn't lost at home this year and give them credit for busting Davis in the mouth and knocking him out of the game.

Armchair Bronco
12-24-2012, 01:24 PM

The word in Seattle is that the charges against Sherman are a 99% lock to be dismissed. The NFL totally botched the handling and chain-of-custody for the failed sample. Not certain of the details, but it involves a cracked cup and putting his cup inside of another cup or something along those lines. The technician confirmed all of this during the hearing. So basically, they have to throw out the sample.

Brandon Mebane, the other corner, started serving his suspension 3 weeks ago and will be ready to return to the Hawks for the playoffs.

So, for Hawks fans, it's all good! :thumbs:

Armchair Bronco
12-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Seattle hasn't lost at home this year and give them credit for busting Davis in the mouth and knocking him out of the game.

They've also beat Green Bay, New England, and San Fran, 3 teams that are still HIGHER than Seattle in the power rankings.

No one in the NFC wants to play the Hawks right now. I'm telling ya, it's gonna be Denver / Seattle in the Super Bowl, my dream match up!