PDA

View Full Version : Tebow to Jacksonville?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Houshyamama
12-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Adam Schefter
And @mortreport reports it's "a virtual certainty" that Tim Tebow will play in 2013 for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

baja
12-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Perfect!

cutthemdown
12-22-2012, 05:12 PM
Awesome that is the best place for him. To make Tebow win, and IMO you could win games with him, you will need to design the offense all around a read option. His passing options should be easy, a deep WR to look at, and a short wr to look at. Lots of roll outs cutting the field in half, pistol formations etc. They will need some WR who really want to block and get dirty. That wont be easy to find. But with a kick ass oline, a mean defense, and a some good rbs I think Tebow is a winner. Not saying he would win Superbowls, but that is tough to do in the NFL. I do think he would play in the playoffs a lot though.

peacepipe
12-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Where else is he going to go? I stated this another thread but the jags main interest in him is probably monetary. Jags are having issues filling the stadium.

Houshyamama
12-22-2012, 05:14 PM
I want Tebow to succeed, I have nothing but good wishes for him. Will it happen? Eh....

peacepipe
12-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Awesome that is the best place for him. To make Tebow win, and IMO you could win games with him, you will need to design the offense all around a read option. His passing options should be easy, a deep WR to look at, and a short wr to look at. Lots of roll outs cutting the field in half, pistol formations etc. They will need some WR who really want to block and get dirty. That wont be easy to find. But with a kick ass oline, a mean defense, and a some good rbs I think Tebow is a winner. Not saying he would win Superbowls, but that is tough to do in the NFL. I do think he would play in the playoffs a lot though.

Outside of the draft I don't see any top WRs going to jags if tebow is the QB.

chadta
12-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Where else is he going to go? I stated this another thread but the jags main interest in him is probably monetary. Jags are having issues filling the stadium.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2012

they get more fans per game than do the lions, steelers, bears, bengals, cardinals, vikings, chargers, dolphins, rams, bucs, and raiders.

Jesterhole
12-22-2012, 05:23 PM
The problem for Tim is that he has to win the job during training camp and practice, when he looks horrible. No one seems interested in giving him credit for his playing time, so at most, he'll end up a backup again next year.

cutthemdown
12-22-2012, 05:24 PM

me either you would have to go for ones out of the draft as much as possible. Really though you may only need to carry 3-4 WR but then extra rbs and TE's even maybe. Really the offense could work but needs a WR like Harvin to realy pull it off.

Look at the skins though. The throw deep out of that piston read option formation and rg3 only has 2 passing options on those plays. Usually a short/medium or a short/slong type situation.

I was laughing at how Jets used Tebow the other night. They wanted him to look bad. The Jets are the biggest bunch of turd coaches ever assembled. Ryan is a joke now. His defensive front are pretty awesome but his overall personality for running a team is a joke.

Lestat
12-22-2012, 05:24 PM

given the Jags more recent history of drafting WR's it won't matter.
they whiffed on more top WR picks than i can remember.
they need a lot of weapons for him to succeed and i don't know that it will happen with MJD there and being their best weapon.

peacepipe
12-22-2012, 05:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2012

they get more fans per game than do the lions, steelers, bears, bengals, cardinals, vikings, chargers, dolphins, rams, bucs, and raiders.

They had to file an extension to avoid having a black out for the 1st game of the season. The jags have been using loopholes in the blackout rule to avoid blackouts.

Swedish Extrovert
12-22-2012, 05:29 PM

I always though of just playing Tebow without a true WR - just a bunch of TEs.... and get a speed guy to return kicks and stretch the field....

Run out of a base jumbo shotgun set - 2TEs, 2RBs, 1WR and Tim with the line.

Swedish Extrovert
12-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Problem is, Tim wont ever to be able to come back from 21+ point deficits without an elite WR, and no elite WR is going to sign on with Tim are the starting QB. That's why a Tebow-led team will never be a Super Bowl contender.

peacepipe
12-22-2012, 05:37 PM
If I were tebow I wouldn't go to the jaguars. I would take a yr away from football,hire the best QB coach available & completely dedicate myself to practicing the fundamentals of throwing.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-22-2012, 05:38 PM
They had to file an extension to avoid having a black out for the 1st game of the season. The jags have been using loopholes in the blackout rule to avoid blackouts.

Exactly. To say the jags have been a top interest down there? Ha!

Remember this is a team who Tebow turned down to play with. That place is a mess

maher_tyler
12-22-2012, 05:59 PM
His only chance of getting starter reps is going to the CFL.

baja
12-22-2012, 06:06 PM
If I were tebow I wouldn't go to the jaguars. I would take a yr away from football,hire the best QB coach available & completely dedicate myself to practicing the fundamentals of throwing.

Tebow is following God's plan for him.

More will be reviled later.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-22-2012, 06:06 PM

The new jags owner is a tebow fanatic. And a businessman. He knows jags fans are also swampy smelly gator freaks.

ESPN has talked about the jags this season in my estimation a total of 3 minutes. Dolla signs and exposure yo

cutthemdown
12-22-2012, 06:07 PM
LOL at Tebow taking a yr off to practice. That is the worst career advice ever.

Swedish Extrovert
12-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Tebow is following God's plan for him.

More will be reviled later.

That's reviling...

Houshyamama
12-22-2012, 06:40 PM

CFL is even more pass intensive, there's no way he'd cut it up there.

Houshyamama
12-22-2012, 06:41 PM
That's reviling...

I'm so reviled to hear that.

Hulamau
12-22-2012, 07:02 PM
Problem is, Tim wont ever to be able to come back from 21+ point deficits without an elite WR, and no elite WR is going to sign on with Tim are the starting QB. That's why a Tebow-led team will never be a Super Bowl contender.

That's about the size of it Mightysmurf. What happened last year was largely a near miraculous combination of serendipitous happenings that are very unlikely to repeat again for Tim as a QB in the NFL.

He has the heart, desire and physical strength ... however, Tim is lousy as a pro QB and he would need a top flight defense from the beginning that can keep the scores close and low while he struggles through the first 55 minutes of every game before he can get it together enough to pull a few of those games out of the fire.

He was lucky to have Von and Doom last year! Did you see how the team .. and Tebow .. struggled once Von injured his thumb and his pass rush was significantly impaired? It wasn't even mostly from the drop off in actual sacks by Von the last 5 games or so of the season, it was all the opportunity for Doom and others that Von's pressure opens up and the hurried confusion in opposing QBs seeing Miller blast through or around a 300lb lineman that we missed after he was injured and slowed down.

The D suffered and we lost 4 straight and only beat the Steelers in the wild card game due to a rare confluence of the Steeler's being decimated with key injuries and Big Ben totally gimpy and still it took a great play by DT after a decent throw by Tim on a great call by McCoy in overtime to squeak by... in addition to inspired play at home by the Oline and the entire defense as well. But Tim and our Offense was exposed by the last month of the season to any really competent and healthy competitive NFL teams.

The party was over and the same will be true unless, and until, Tim can also develop some 'real' NFL QB skill as well beyond his college QB spread offense talents. That is the truth.

Its true Rex was a fool (no surprise there!) and didn't even begin to know how to at least get the best from Tim, but Rex too must have seen the fundamental limitations with Tim's game that for all his great heart and character, I'm afraid will prevent him from ever experiencing anything close to the success he had with us again in his football career .. at least in the NFL.

I do wish him the best and think he CAN be a hell of an NFL football player at the right position, and maybe even a Wildcat kind of change of pace or deep red zone QB for some team, but as a full-on starting NFL QB for the long haul??? Don't hold your breath...

Lestat
12-22-2012, 07:04 PM

he could practice everyday for 3 years and it still wouldn't help.
he's done it most of his life and always reverts back to it when he gets pressured. even in the last game with the Jets he did that little fluky motion when he was dropping back.

his mechanics are ingrained in him and no one would force him to improve at Florida because he was a beast so there was no need for him to change.

he needs to be completely broken down and rebuilt from a mechanics and footwork standpoint, not just the motion. i don't think he will do that though.

Bacchus
12-22-2012, 07:06 PM

I disagree, the Jackwad coaches did not want him last year and won't want him next year. If he goes there they will make sure he fails. Tebow should just give up the NFL and go preach, that is where his true fame awaits him. Every day he spends int he NFL is just tarnishing his image.

Lestat
12-22-2012, 07:07 PM
That's about the size of it. What happened last year was largely a miracle of combined serendipity happenings that are very unlikely to repeat again for Tim as a QB in the NFL.

He has the heart, desire and physical strength. .but he is lousy as a pro QB and he would need to top flight defense that can keep the scores close and low while he struggles through the first 55 minutes of every game before he can get it together enough to pull a few of them out.

He was lucky to have Von and Doom. Did you see how the team .. and Tebow .. struggled once Von injured his thumb and his pass rush was significantly impaired? It wasn't evn mostly from the drop off in actual sacks by Von the last 5 games of so of the season, it was all the opportunity for Doom and others that Von's pressure opens up and the hurried confusion in opposing QBs seeing Miller blast through or around a 300lb lineman that we missed after he was injured.

The D suffered and we lost 4 straight and only beat the Steelers in the wild card game due to a rare confluence of the Steeler's being decimated with key injuries and Big Ben totally gimpy and still it took a great play by DT after a decent throw by Tim on a great call by McCoy in overtime to squeak by... But Tim and our Offense was exposed to any really competent and healthy competitive teams by the last month of the season.

The party was over and the same will be true until and unless Tim can also develop some 'real' NFL QB skill as well beyond his college QB spread offense talents. That is the truth.

Its true Rex was a fool (no surprise there!) and didn't even begin to know how to at least get the best from Tim, but Rex too must have seen the fundamental limitations with Tim's game that for all his great heart and character, I'm afraid will prevent him from ever experiencing anything close to the success he had with us again in his football career .. at least in the NFL.

I do wish him the best and think he CAN be a hell of an NFL football player at the right position, and maybe even a Wildcat kind of change of pace or deep red zone QB for some team, but as a full-on starting NFL QB for the long haul??? Don't hold your breath...

it was fun as hell to watch the come backs but i can never understand why the hell teams played Tebow one way on defense for the right 45-55 mins and then switched it up completely late in the game.

Gutless Drunk
12-22-2012, 07:16 PM
"Among the NFL's more intriguing questions is: What does the future hold for Tim Tebow? The answer -- for Tebow at least, after several days of interviews with scouts, team executives and others is not a very positive one.

The consensus is that there is only one team likely to want Tebow as a quarterback next year: the Jacksonville Jaguars.

While an ESPN report said Tebow joining Jacksonville -- Tebow's hometown team -- was a "virtual certainty," one team source estimated the chances of that happening at 20 percent. Another official estimated the chances are much higher because owner Shad Khan remains fascinated with Tebow. In fact, I'm told Khan already has broached the idea of bringing Tebow to Jacksonville.

The Jaguars could have massive turnover in the front office and coaching staff, and any new regime likely wouldn't want Tebow. If Khan overrules a new regime and orders them to get Tebow, then Tebow would have a home. Outside of that, it's possible there isn't an NFL team that would pursue Tebow as a quarterback.

There are teams that believe Tebow has a place in the NFL, but mostly as a fullback. The prevailing thought around the league seems to be that Tebow's days as an NFL QB are over.

Tebow has fallen to third on the Jets' depth chart, and New York went to great lengths to avoid using him -- and considering the level to which Mark Sanchez stunk says a great deal about what the Jets think of Tebow.

I've been told teams have been contacting the Jets to inquire about Tebow. Several league sources said the Jets have been truthful with teams about Tebow's positives and negatives.

The main takeaways have been that Jets coaches were shocked at how poorly Tebow throws the ball in practice and his lack of accuracy was far worse than they knew. Why his accuracy issues were a shock is in itself a shock. The Jets also are saying privately that Tebow has difficulty digesting more complex offensive schemes and lingo.

Aside from his accuracy issues, Jets officials have privately been telling teams Tebow was too slow to play receiver, too slow to be a running back and doesn't possess the height or athleticism to be a tight end.

There was also the fact that defenses, unlike when Tebow shocked the NFL as a quarterback in Denver, have adapted to how he plays. They've studied enough film on Tebow to know his tendencies. And Tebow is not accurate or fast enough to overcome what those defenses know.

"You can see on film whenever he's in the game, teams just play the run," one scout said.

This is completely different from how defenses play other running quarterbacks like Colin Kaepernick or Robert Griffin III. They are multi-dimensional, able to combine accuracy with speed. Teams just can't play the run when RG3 is under center.

Indications point to Tebow's unwavering belief that he's an NFL starting QB. He has made a history of proving people wrong going back years. He did help take Denver to the playoffs. He did win national titles in college at Florida. That resolve should not be underestimated.

But Tebow's problem is an equally unwavering belief swirling around the NFL: His days as an NFL quarterback appear to be over"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21441902/jags-khan-likes-tebow-at-qb-but-he-may-be-alone-in-nfl

peacepipe
12-22-2012, 07:23 PM
it was fun as hell to watch the come backs but i can never understand why the hell teams played Tebow one way on defense for the right 45-55 mins and then switched it up completely late in the game.

It wasn't them changing the offense at the end of games but the fact that teams would switch to a prevent defense which tebow was able to read better. When the opposing team was in prevent was about the only time during a game that tebow would understand what the defense was doing.

DivineLegion
12-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Did anyone else pick up on Mike Turico hesitating on the Sat night broadcast when he had to read the Tebow headline. He followed the plug with a jab at TT saying "The program will feature players who actually play on Sundays, I hope."

Even the talking heads are sick of the glorified punt protecter.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-22-2012, 08:27 PM
patiently waiting for beavis, agenoname and now Drek to come in here and shiat on this conspiracy and lies about Tebow's talent and ability to redefine the position

BroncoSexyDaddy
12-22-2012, 08:48 PM
. Really the offense could work but needs a WR like Harvin to realy pull it off.

You really believe Harvin will play for the Jags if Tebow is the QB,Not! :rofl:

Armchair Bronco
12-22-2012, 08:57 PM
The summary on NFL.com alleged that Tebow was given the chance to pick between Jacksonville & New York without any interference from the Broncos front office.

The version I've heard, however, is quite different. Basically, Tebow never really got a chance to weight in and/or his "handlers" made the decision for him.

Which version is correct?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-22-2012, 08:59 PM
The summary on NFL.com alleged that Tebow was given the chance to pick between Jacksonville & New York without any interference from the Broncos front office.

The version I've heard, however, is quite different. Basically, Tebow never really got a chance to weight in and/or his "handlers" made the decision for him.

I would go with the one Tebow said himself. There's plenty of proof of him choosing the jets over the jags. It's been hashed out and squashed all over this site.

What sense would be if the broncos just decided to take the less value of the 2 trades? Tebow wanted the jets

rbackfactory80
12-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Smart business decision and the NFL is a business.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Did you hear that? Its the sound of all the fake a$$ jets fan hearding themselves off the ganggreen board onto the jags board.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Seems to me he's become a joke now. Clearly we saw the coaching staff wanted No part of Tebow, rather jets ownership wanted him. I see the same thing happening with the Jags. Tebow got the feeling the jags coaching staff didnt want him as much when the first trade happened. Yet the Jags owner wanted him. It's a business alright in the ownerships eyes. There's no way I see mularkey and Olsen wanting Tebow. Just Kahn

BroncoBeavis
12-22-2012, 09:19 PM

I'd say Blackmon has as much upside as DT ever did. They may already have the answer.

Armchair Bronco
12-22-2012, 09:27 PM
I'd say Blackmon has as much upside as DT ever did. They may already have the answer.

Good point.

lonestar
12-22-2012, 11:02 PM
me either you would have to go for ones out of the draft as much as possible. Really though you may only need to carry 3-4 WR but then extra rbs and TE's even maybe. Really the offense could work but needs a WR like Harvin to realy pull it off.

Look at the skins though. The throw deep out of that piston read option formation and rg3 only has 2 passing options on those plays. Usually a short/medium or a short/slong type situation.

I was laughing at how Jets used Tebow the other night. They wanted him to look bad. The Jets are the biggest bunch of turd coaches ever assembled. Ryan is a joke now. His defensive front are pretty awesome but his overall personality for running a team is a joke.

Does anyone really think last year they did not throw him in to do anything but quiet the crowd and cancel the billboards.

They expected him to fail. When he did not they were stuck and had to redesign the offense to his strengths.
There is little doubt in my mind that they had every intention of Quinn finishing out the season once Tebow lost a game or two. But the Tebow raised all boats and they were stuck.

errand
12-22-2012, 11:17 PM
Did you hear that? Its the sound of all the fake a$$ jets fan hearding themselves off the ganggreen board onto the jags board.

what's even funnier are the Tebow fans who have #15 Gators, Broncos, and Jets jerseys now having to buy yet another #15 jersey.....

ZONA
12-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Good for him. I don't care if he succeeds or not, he's no longer a Bronco. But it would be cool to at least see the guy have a full season or 2 to see if he can make it as a QB in this league. I have my doubts but would be fun to watch.

Maybe I'll visit a jags forum and give somebody my avatar. :thumbsup:

Br0nc0Buster
12-22-2012, 11:38 PM

wrong

Blackmon is a possession receiver

He is not the physical freak DT is

on top of that Blackmon is a drunk like DJ

Armchair Bronco
12-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Does anyone really think last year they did not throw him in to do anything but quiet the crowd and cancel the billboards.

They expected him to fail. When he did not they were stuck and had to redesign the offense to his strengths.
There is little doubt in my mind that they had every intention of Quinn finishing out the season once Tebow lost a game or two. But the Tebow raised all boats and they were stuck.

Yep, and 1 year later history repeated itself. Rex Ryan had NO intention of starting Tebow once Sanchez had crapped the bed. God forbid that Tebow should win a game or two, or maybe even lead the Jets to playoff win...or two.

What really amazes me is that Ryan (and to a lesser extent Fox & Elway) was prepared to sacrifice a playoff run just to prove that Tebow *WASN'T* the answer.

All Tebow really needs to go nuts is the promise that he'll be the bona fide starter from Day 1 and that the coaches will play to his strengths. I honestly think that a lot of NFL coaching staffs are afraid of having to learn about the read option simply because it would require them to do something new. They're acting like a bunch of Old School COBOL or C++ programmer faced with new technologies like JSON and JavaScript and are freaking out about having to study up on the New School.

lonestar
12-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Yep, and 1 year later history repeated itself. Rex Ryan had NO intention of starting Tebow once Sanchez had crapped the bed. God forbid that Tebow should win a game or two, or maybe even lead the Jets to playoff win...or two.

What really amazes me is that Ryan (and to a lesser extent Fox & Elway) was prepared to sacrifice a playoff run just to prove that Tebow *WASN'T* the answer.

All Tebow really needs to go nuts is the promise that he'll be the bona fide starter from Day 1 and that the coaches will play to his strengths. I honestly think that a lot of NFL coaching staffs are afraid of having to learn about the read option simply because it would require them to do something new. They're acting like a bunch of Old School COBOL or C++ programmer faced with new technologies like JSON and JavaScript and freaking out.

I'm not sure if he will ever be pocket passing QB that everyone believes you have to be..

I do believe that IF he is coached he will get better at it.. good enough to keep the defenses honest..

he will have to have a damned good OL in front of him but hey in order to win in the NFL you need to have a good OL..

KipCorrington25
12-22-2012, 11:45 PM
It will be hilarious to watch McElroy piss down his leg and them try to justify it.

I'm neutral in the whole thing, I don't care either way what tebow does but it's funny to observe from a distance.

Armchair Bronco
12-23-2012, 12:00 AM
It will be hilarious to watch McElroy piss down his leg and them try to justify it.

I'm neutral in the whole thing, I don't care either way what tebow does but it's funny to observe from a distance.

I hope the Jets and the rest of the Rex Ryan Clown Show gets schooled by San Diego and the Buffalo. It would be a fitting end to the Rex Ryan era.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/new-york-post-jets-clown-car-530x573.jpg

ThirtyDegrees
12-23-2012, 12:45 AM

Because Super Bowl contending teams are regularly facing 21 point deficits right?

Quite possibly the dumbest post in this thread.

ThirtyDegrees
12-23-2012, 12:47 AM

Maybe because that's not what was happening.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-23-2012, 01:12 AM
what's even funnier are the Tebow fans who have #15 Gators, Broncos, and Jets jerseys now having to buy yet another #15 jersey.....

Maybe instead of buying jersey's. They should collect badges and a shash like in boy scouts.

TomServo
12-23-2012, 01:19 AM
Smart business decision and the NFL is a business.
and in the NFL, losing games =losing money. watching crap for 48 mins like we did last year is not a good business model. Eveyone cites tebows record when he took over. not many cite his 1-4 and scoring 3 points against the crappy chiefs at ther end of the regular season.

KO5K
12-23-2012, 01:33 AM
You really believe Harvin will play for the Jags if Tebow is the QB,Not! :rofl:

Tebow and Harvin make a lot of sense together, they had a lot of success in college...

Blueflame
12-23-2012, 02:49 AM

The "confusion" happened because back last April, Tebow played "fast and loose" with the truth by... "telling the white lie" that the Broncos FO were the ones who made the decision (that he wasn't given any choice) where he was going (in a pretty-much-transparent effort to avoid alienating his suitors and fans in Jacksonville).

Going to NYJ was "Team Tebow's" decision.

UberBroncoMan
12-23-2012, 03:33 AM
Blaine Gabbert or Tim Tebow not a joke

Poll: Gabbert or Tebow

http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?showtopic=705928

Youch for Tebow.

chadta
12-23-2012, 05:42 AM

Maybe so but im a hockey fan, when I think of ****ty fanbases I think of phoenix, or jersey who play in buildings that are 1/3 empty, having 96% of the seats full doesn't really sound that bad, and even with a bunch of seats tarped over they still get more actual people than the teams I mentioned earlier.

rbackfactory80
12-23-2012, 05:59 AM
and in the NFL, losing games =losing money. watching crap for 48 mins like we did last year is not a good business model. Eveyone cites tebows record when he took over. not many cite his 1-4 and scoring 3 points against the crappy chiefs at ther end of the regular season.

Guess you don't watch Jacksonville. Any move is a good move for that franchise.

JakeZ01
12-23-2012, 07:35 AM

strange, I see it cited about every five minutes by a crying hater.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-23-2012, 07:41 AM
strange, I see it cited about every five minutes by a crying hater.

Stating (accurately) that he was 1-4 down the stretch, losing to the Chiefs at home with three points scored, makes one a "crying hater"?

You should try not to be so emotional. You look silly.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-23-2012, 09:35 AM

All Tebow really needs to go nuts is the promise that he'll be the bona fide starter from Day 1 and that the coaches will play to his strengths. I honestly think that a lot of NFL coaching staffs are afraid of having to learn about the read option simply because it would require them to do something new. They're acting like a bunch of Old School COBOL or C++ programmer faced with new technologies like JSON and JavaScript and are freaking out about having to study up on the New School.

This is absolutely ridiculous. You guys have to lay off that "coaches want to lose on purpose arguement" it makes anything remotely intelligent you say look completely not credible. You're actually saying they'd rather lose and get fired than play a ****ty QB?? These coaches aren't playing him cause he sucks. Not cause they are afraid he will win! This is the kind of thinking that just feeds the haters. Why would a coach want to bring someone in that requires them to DUMB down their team? That offense isn't "new school". That type of offense hides deficiencies of a player.

Rohirrim
12-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Had that idiot McDaniels not been in charge of the Broncos, that's where Tebow would have gone in the first place, somewhere (rightfully) in the third round.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Had that idiot McDaniels not been in charge of the Broncos, that's where Tebow would have gone in the first place, somewhere (rightfully) in the third round.

Man 2010 draft was a horrible year for QBs. Jags mostly likely wouldve in the mid rounds. Or went with colt McCoy

BroncoMan4ever
12-23-2012, 09:51 AM
The problem for Tim is that he has to win the job during training camp and practice, when he looks horrible. No one seems interested in giving him credit for his playing time, so at most, he'll end up a backup again next year.
Amd if you want Tim to succeed it has to be in the read otion offense which means Jacksoville has to either go all in with that offense and bring in a Vince Young type to backup and compete. You cant expect Tim to win a job in a pro.style offense. If Jacksonville wants Tim to start for them then that team has to go all in and bring in another option QB, back up a Brinks truck to MJD house, and bring in a lot of linemen. If he is there for tickets and merch alone then drastic changes aren't necessary

BroncoMan4ever
12-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Man 2010 draft was a horrible year for QBs. Jags mostly likely wouldve in the mid rounds. Or went with colt McCoy

The 2009 draft especially the 1st round makes me sicker than the Tebow draft did. Just the potential DEFENSIVE players we could have had

Rohirrim
12-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Amd if you want Tim to succeed it has to be in the read otion offense which means Jacksoville has to either go all in with that offense and bring in a Vince Young type to backup and compete. You cant expect Tim to win a job in a pro.style offense. If Jacksonville wants Tim to start for them then that team has to go all in and bring in another option QB, back up a Brinks truck to MJD house, and bring in a lot of linemen. If he is there for tickets and merch alone then drastic changes aren't necessary

And you need smaller and more mobile linemen who can run and block all over the field.

baja
12-23-2012, 10:05 AM
This is absolutely ridiculous. You guys have to lay off that "coaches want to lose on purpose arguement" it makes anything remotely intelligent you say look completely not credible. You're actually saying they'd rather lose and get fired than play a ****ty QB?? These coaches aren't playing him cause he sucks. Not cause they are afraid he will win! This is the kind of thinking that just feeds the haters. Why would a coach want to bring someone in that requires them to DUMB down their team? That offense isn't "new school". That type of offense hides deficiencies of a player.

I know you think I was saying that as well but you misunderstand my point, which is if Ryan did start Tebow the last two weeks and he managed to lead his team to 1 or 2 wins what that would do is make Ryan look the fool for not starting Tebow sooner. At this point Ryan want's no part of Tebow because it is a no win situation for him. .

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-23-2012, 10:07 AM
ITZ CONSPEERASEES!

Writes Mike Freeman (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21441902/jags-khan-likes-tebow-at-qb-but-he-may-be-alone-in-nfl/), The main takeaways have been that Jets coaches were shocked at how poorly Tebow throws the ball in practice and his lack of accuracy was far worse than they knew. Why his accuracy issues were a shock is in itself a shock. The Jets also are saying privately that Tebow has difficulty digesting more complex offensive schemes and lingo.
Aside from his accuracy issues, Jets officials have privately been telling teams Tebow was too slow to play receiver, too slow to be a running back and doesn't possess the height or athleticism to be a tight end.
There was also the fact that defenses, unlike when Tebow shocked the NFL as a quarterback in Denver, have adapted to how he plays. They've studied enough film on Tebow to know his tendencies. And Tebow is not accurate or fast enough to overcome what those defenses know.
"You can see on film whenever he's in the game, teams just play the run," one scout said.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-23-2012, 10:14 AM
I know you think I was saying that as well but you misunderstand my point, which is if Ryan did start Tebow the last two weeks and he managed to lead his team to 1 or 2 wins what that would do is make Ryan look the fool for not starting Tebow sooner. At this point Ryan want's no part of Tebow because it is a no win situation for him. .

I haven't really seen you go all in on this conspiracy theory. I was just pointing out armchair even bringing our coaching staff into it. Rex has been looking a fool before tebow showed up. He has foot fetish videos. Hes guaranteed SBs every year. He brought in HBO. The last thing on Rex's mind is being worried about the public thinking he's a fool

What if McElroy wins these 2 games? Its still the same fool effect for not starting McElroy.

Lestat
12-23-2012, 10:20 AM

Buffalo was gonna draft him(the assumption was they would trade back into the first at pick 30 or so or trade up to #1 in the 2nd), that's why we traded back into the first to get him.
the Bills owner came out later on and was pissed at Denver and said we panicked by trading back into the first and taking him.

BroncoBeavis
12-23-2012, 10:21 AM

I s'pose you'll tell me that we traded our leading receiver last year in Week 6 because it's all just about winnin gamez, baby!

Lestat
12-23-2012, 10:22 AM
I haven't really seen you go all in on this conspiracy theory. I was just pointing out armchair even bringing our coaching staff into it. Rex has been looking a fool before tebow showed up. He has foot fetish videos. Hes guaranteed SBs every year. He brought in HBO. The last thing on Rex's mind is being worried about the public thinking he's a fool

What if McElroy wins these 2 games? Its still the same fool effect for not starting McElroy.

not even close to being the same deal. Tebowmania would run wild and engulf Ryan if Tebow did manage to pull that off.
McElroy is just the normal "he should have made the move earlier"

JakeZ01
12-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Stating (accurately) that he was 1-4 down the stretch, losing to the Chiefs at home with three points scored, makes one a "crying hater"?

You should try not to be so emotional. You look silly.

I always get emotional when I watch stupid people argue stupidly. it makes me crazy. AS IT SHOULD. its stupid people the ruin the world for the rest of us.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-23-2012, 10:25 AM
I s'pose you'll tell me that we traded our leading receiver last year in Week 6 because it's all just about winnin gamez, baby!

No. We traded him cause he refused to play with a ****ty QB and wanted out. Requesting a trade.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-23-2012, 10:27 AM
I always get emotional when I watch stupid people argue stupidly. it makes me crazy. AS IT SHOULD. its stupid people the ruin the world for the rest of us.

There's that silliness again.

peacepipe
12-23-2012, 10:28 AM

No,but I'll tell that pat bowlen has no problems releasing/trading a player if said player expresses that he no longer wants to be part of the team.

Lestat
12-23-2012, 10:29 AM

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/frontal-cortex/Intelligence-Stvenson.jpg

BroncoBeavis
12-23-2012, 10:30 AM
No. We traded him cause he refused to play with a ****ty QB and wanted out. Requesting a trade.

Your Ortboner is showing again.

BroncoBeavis
12-23-2012, 10:35 AM
No,but I'll tell that pat bowlen has no problems releasing/trading a player if said player expresses that he no longer wants to be part of the team.

Funny, since we managed to keep BM for another entire season after he demanded a trade.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Your Ortboner is showing again.

Ortboner? My hate for Orton goes far back to his Purdue days. Should've seen my hysterics when he became a bronco.

I have NO CLUE why you even brought up Orton from that post I made. Pretty funny though how you change the subject after getting schooled.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-23-2012, 10:37 AM
Funny, since we managed to keep BM for another entire season after he demanded a trade.

Goes to show if you're respectable about it things can happen. If you whine and cry about it? Not so much.

BroncoBeavis
12-23-2012, 10:37 AM
Ortboner? My hate for Orton goes far back to his Purdue days. Should've seen my hysterics when he became a bronco.

I have NO CLUE why you even brought up Orton from that post I made. Pretty funny though how you change the subject after getting schooled.

Schooled? You're the one saying BL doesn't like ****ty QB's, so he had to leave town as soon as Kyle f'ing Orton got sat down. LOL

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Schooled? You're the one saying BL doesn't like ****ty QB's, so he had to leave town as soon as Kyle f'ing Orton got sat down. LOL

Huh? That just MAGNIFIES how ****ty Tebow actually is.

Refer to Mike Freeman in post 65

BroncoBeavis
12-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Goes to show if you're respectable about it things can happen. If you whine and cry about it? Not so much.

Lolz. You're bordering on altMcgruberian conspiracy theories now. It's cuz he said "Please" I guess. LOL

Funny, since the other story I keep hearing about him was of the locker room cancer variety so he "had to go"

Easy to spot truth of the matter... The Broncos were packing the tent in for the season, and decided to Fire-Sale BL because he was a free agent after that year anyway.

BroncoBeavis
12-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Huh? That just MAGNIFIES how ****ty Tebow actually is.

Refer to Mike Freeman in post 65

Yeah, if we should take the word of anyone as Gospel, It's Mike "The Resume" Freeman. LOL

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Lolz. You're bordering on altMcgruberian conspiracy theories now. It's cuz he said "Please" I guess. LOL

Funny, since the other story I keep hearing about him was of the locker room cancer variety so he "had to go"

Easy to spot truth of the matter... The Broncos were packing the tent in for the season, and decided to Fire-Sale BL because he was a free agent after that year anyway.

The entire point is not what the broncos wanted, its what BL wanted after he saw a ****ty QB come in. It's ok. Your eyes will open soon enough.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Yeah, if we should take the word of anyone as Gospel, It's Mike "The Resume" Freeman. LOL

That word is backed up by actual crappy play and performance by tebow. This season must've sucked for you. The only people who cannot see it are blinded circus fanatics.

BroncoBeavis
12-23-2012, 10:54 AM
The entire point is not what the broncos wanted, its what BL wanted after he saw a ****ty QB come in. It's ok. Your eyes will open soon enough.

So we're back to Orton>Tebow.

Quick question. Given the full season, does Kyle Orton lead the Broncos to the playoffs last year?

BroncoBeavis
12-23-2012, 10:55 AM
That word is backed up by actual crappy play and performance by tebow. This season must've sucked for you. The only people who cannot see it are blinded circus fanatics.

6 of 8 on a train wreck of a team is "crappy play and performance?"

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-23-2012, 10:59 AM
6 of 8 on a train wreck of a team is "crappy play and performance?"

Lol your seriously using a 8 attempt window? What I saw was him looking like crap an entire preseason. An entire seasons worth of practices. Taking sacks in the redzones. Come on beav he's looked bad anytime he got out there. Clinging to a 6-8 for all hope? I know you're smarter than that.

baja
12-23-2012, 11:00 AM
What ever happened to that guy jhns or what ever he called himself.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-23-2012, 11:02 AM
So we're back to Orton>Tebow.

Quick question. Given the full season, does Kyle Orton lead the Broncos to the playoffs last year?

Who knows. Would he get the same help from Barber and Rivers? After all he did beat that same team you think was so powerful. Alot of QBs could win if all they need to do is score more than 10 or 13 points.
Quick question. Would tebow taken that team to the playoffs if Marion barber stayed in bounds? Or if Rivers lost to the raiders? Boom. End thread.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-23-2012, 11:04 AM
What ever happened to that guy jhns or what ever he called himself.

Ha! That guy hated me. I was surprised he could type "idiot" using a full fist instead of fingers

Bacchus
12-23-2012, 11:06 AM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=IA.276981613329&pid=15.1

no tartar.

baja
12-23-2012, 11:21 AM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=IA.276981613329&pid=15.1

no tartar.

Why does that picture seem erotic to me?

BroncoBeavis
12-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Who knows. Would he get the same help from Barber and Rivers? After all he did beat that same team you think was so powerful. Alot of QBs could win if all they need to do is score more than 10 or 13 points.
Quick question. Would tebow taken that team to the playoffs if Marion barber stayed in bounds? Or if Rivers lost to the raiders? Boom. End thread.

I'm not sure you answered the question but then again it is hard to understand you with KOs Johnson stuffed halfway down your esophagus. LOL

oubronco
12-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Tebow won't beat out Henne

BroncoBeavis
12-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Lol your seriously using a 8 attempt window? What I saw was him looking like crap an entire preseason. An entire seasons worth of practices. Taking sacks in the redzones. Come on beav he's looked bad anytime he got out there. Clinging to a 6-8 for all hope? I know you're smarter than that.

Says the same dude who was just recently talking smack about 2 for 8 against KC. Try harder.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Says the same dude who was just recently talking smack about 2 for 8 against KC. Try harder.

Theres a BIG difference. Going 2-8 in an entire game is pathetic no matter how you slice it.

Just answer my simple question. Would tebow have taken this team to the playoffs if Rivers lost against the raiders week 17?

Boltjolt
12-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Tebow will be out of the league in two years. Maybe after next season. Jax is the only team that will take him. When he stinks there, he will be done.

Bob's your Information Minister
12-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Tebow actin' like a lil bitch right now.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8776088/tim-tebow-new-york-jets-asked-left-wildcat-sources-say

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Jets backup quarterback Tim Tebow was so frustrated when the starting job was conferred upon Greg McElroy early last week that he told the coaches he didn't want to be used in any Wildcat packages Sunday against the San Diego Chargers, multiple Jets sources told ESPNNewYork.com.

Tebow was active, but did not play in the 27-17 loss at MetLife Stadium.

In Tebow's absence, wide receiver Jeremy Kerley -- a former high school quarterback -- ran the plays for the first time all season. The Wildcat has been Tebow's package, and was the reason Jets coach Rex Ryan and offensive coordinator Tony Sparano said he was brought to New York.

peacepipe
12-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Tebow actin' like a lil b**** right now.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8776088/tim-tebow-new-york-jets-asked-left-wildcat-sources-say

:vermeil:

Jekyll15Hyde
12-23-2012, 04:54 PM

I used to think that but he is becoming the jhizz of this board now

JakeZ01
12-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Why would tebow break more ribs for that team?

Jekyll15Hyde
12-23-2012, 05:18 PM

Just leave... You are ****ty poster who cant look at a game and see what is actually happening.

I used to say Tebow would be out to the league in 5 years (and took 2 ~hefty bets on it with friends) but now it looks like 3 strikes and yer out

JakeZ01
12-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Just leave... You are ****ty poster who cant look at a game and see what is actually happening.

I used to say Tebow would be out to the league in 5 years (and took 2 ~hefty bets on it with friends) but now it looks like 3 strikes and yer out

I'm the better poster out of the two of us. For example, I'm not a ****ing idiot.

JakeZ01
12-23-2012, 05:40 PM

And just how did Tebows rectum taste last year?

peacepipe
12-23-2012, 05:47 PM

Because it is your job.it's called being a professional. It's having the integrity & pride of doing the job you're paid to do. It's called being a good teammate.

JakeZ01
12-23-2012, 05:53 PM
He has been laid off by all accounts. If your boss told you you were out of work next week but then asked you to go to Compton in a kkk hood, would you?

peacepipe
12-23-2012, 06:05 PM
He has been laid off by all accounts. If your boss told you you were out of work next week but then asked you to go to Compton in a kkk hood, would you?

you're a IDIOT!!! So what you are telling me is that if you weren't being laid off you would go into Compton with a kkk hood on. Only a moron like you would use an analogy like this. I've been in the situation where I've been told that I will be laid off soon but I still did my job to the best of my ability.

peacepipe
12-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Any other job they would fire you on the spot for pulling some **** like that.

peacepipe
12-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Obviously this shows a lack of character.

troyjbath
12-23-2012, 06:13 PM
This thread needs to die. Speculation about a guy that isn't even on the team. Who cares...

DBroncos4life
12-23-2012, 06:14 PM
you're a IDIOT!!! So what you are telling me is that if you weren't being laid off you would go into Compton with a kkk hood on. Only a moron like you would use an analogy like this. I've been in the situation where I've been told that I will be laid off soon but I still did my job to the best of my ability.

Even more so when he has to hope some team gives him a shot at another job in the NFL. :rofl:

JakeZ01
12-23-2012, 06:17 PM
It's you're aN idiot, idiot. No,wonder.....

JakeZ01
12-23-2012, 06:18 PM

I'm a idiot and all, but the analogy is risking your health for a job that isn't there... He would be A idiot if he did that.

BroncoBeavis
12-23-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm a idiot and all, but the analogy is risking your health for a job that isn't there... He would be A idiot if he did that.

And they wouldn't think a thing of it (would probably applaud it) if his name wasn't Tim Tebow.

BroncoBeavis
12-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Theres a BIG difference. Going 2-8 in an entire game is pathetic no matter how you slice it.

Just answer my simple question. Would tebow have taken this team to the playoffs if Rivers lost against the raiders week 17?

QB can't do anything about 8 pass plays being called. And I'm reasonably certain I can show just about every QB in the league starting a game 2 for 8 at some point.

And great followup logic there. I guess using your standard, if we lock down the 2 seed, we should still volunteer to go play in Foxboro, since we couldn't have gotten there unless the Niners did our dirty work for us. Only a hater could cry about the way the league works week in and week out.

peacepipe
12-23-2012, 09:35 PM

Doesn't matter, his rep is **** for this. You think any team out there is going to want a player who will throw a temper tantrum if he doesn't get what he wants. Especially one with poor throwing mechanics? If he's doing this under his current contract what's he going to do next yr when he's playing for league minimum.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-23-2012, 09:40 PM
QB can't do anything about 8 pass plays being called. And I'm reasonably certain I can show just about every QB in the league starting a game 2 for 8 at some point.

And great followup logic there. I guess using your standard, if we lock down the 2 seed, we should still volunteer to go play in Foxboro, since we couldn't have gotten there unless the Niners did our dirty work for us. Only a hater could cry about the way the league works week in and week out.

Still can't answer the question. And way to make a fool of yourself. Correlating seeding help with not even getting into the playoffs is so the same.

Fact is tebow would not have taken the broncos to the playoffs had rivers lost. Because tebow LOST that day. And the fact you fail to answer that is hilarious.

Don't really understand your last sentence. But since you never wanted manning in the first place I bet this season really must suck for you. Since he succeeded you couldn't use all those quips and zingers you had written up in your tebow diary about him failing.

errand
12-23-2012, 09:43 PM
QB can't do anything about 8 pass plays being called.

Being proficient at throwing the ball during practice is a good start wouldn't you agree?

BroncoBeavis
12-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Still can't answer the question.

I wouldn't say you can't so much as you won't. :)

Fact is tebow would not have taken the broncos to the playoffs had rivers lost. Because tebow LOST that day. And the fact you fail to answer that is hilarious.

Last years champs got similar help from 7 different teams. If any one of them had not beaten the Eagles, Eli stays home in January. Scrub better turn in his Lombardi. LOL

Don't really understand your last sentence. But since you never wanted manning in the first place I bet this season really must suck for you. Since he succeeded you couldn't use all those quips and zingers you had written up in your tebow diary about him failing.

I like both guys. I'm the only one in this conversation who gets to enjoy both seasons. Enjoy hating what happened last year, whatever that does for you.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-24-2012, 07:59 AM
It's you're aN idiot, idiot. No,wonder.....

Spelling smack: the last refuge of the defeated.

Really glad you're back, jhns. You've been missed, except not at all.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Last years champs got similar help from 7 different teams. If any one of them had not beaten the Eagles, Eli stays home in January. Scrub better turn in his Lombardi. LOL

Last year's champs lost their last three games of the season, including a 7-3 stinker at home to the worst team in their division, and had to rely on a different team losing in order to back into the playoffs?

No.

You fail a lot.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Spelling smack: the last refuge of the defeated.

Really glad you're back, jhns. You've been missed, except not at all.

I hate spelling smack as much as the next guy...but there are a few rules. Don't misspell genius, and don't misspell when you are calling someone an idiot.

BroncoBeavis
12-24-2012, 10:32 AM
I hate spelling smack as much as the next guy...but there are a few rules. Don't misspell genius, and don't misspell when you are calling someone an idiot.

LOL

CEH
12-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Kyle Orton is a better Pro than Timmy Try Hard.

ScottXray
12-24-2012, 11:53 AM

Lloyd was bitching and asked for the trade BEFORE Tebow played. And the Club traded him in between the Miami game ( Tebow in relief) and Tebows first Start. I am sure that it was a "suck for Luck" move plus what Lloyd wanted because of Orton and Tebowas no one in the FO thought Tebow would go on a win streak the way he did. They thought Trading Lloyd would give us a little more room to move up if needed.

Basically it was a bad move predicated on a bad ( but probably reasonable) guess. As soon as Tebow got the Miami win it started to go wrong for the
FOs thoughts. We could have used Lloyd WITH Thomas and Decker more than just Decker alone as it would have gave us two intermediate to deep threats. And that is the one pass Tebow CAN hit consistently.

bombay
12-24-2012, 01:25 PM
Thank you John Elway for making Tebow someone else's problem.

KipCorrington25
12-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Tebow's true colors have been shown, his team first talk was all just that. He couldn't fake it for 2 more weeks... I like the guy but he looks bad in this situation.

Bacchus
12-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Thank you John Elway for making Tebow someone else's problem.

Nothing else needs to be said end thread.

peacepipe
12-25-2012, 05:58 AM

It was bad grammar on my part,but it doesn't change the fact that he's an idiot. Nice try though.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-25-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm not sure he is. He isn't the one bashing a guy for no reason.

oubronco
12-25-2012, 08:24 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/820/616/82905516_display_image.jpg?1301439048

peacepipe
12-25-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm not sure he is. He isn't the one bashing a guy for no reason.

Read his posts and you'll see that I had a reason.

BroncoBuff
12-25-2012, 09:48 AM
When it's all said and done, I'm thinking Josh McDaniels will have been the only guy who ever wanted him for football reasons.

BroncoInferno
12-26-2012, 06:34 AM
I haven't gone through the whole thread, so forgive me if this has already been addressed:

To me, Tebow needs to make certain he is wanted by the coaching staff before signing on with Jacksonville. The word in the offseason was that is was the owner who wanted Tebow and the coaches/front office were having him forced on them. If I recall correctly, I think Mularkey denied that in the press, but what else is he gonna say? That last thing Tebow needs is to go to a team where he's just there as a sideshow to sell tickets. He and his people really need to grill the Jacksonville coaching staff to make sure they really want him there.

If the owner is gung-ho on having Tebow, he needs to make sure he has a coaching staff willing to buy in. He won't sell tickets riding the bench or as an occasional wildcat sideshow. If that means firing his current staff, so be it. The question is, is there a coach out there willing to chain their career to Tim Tebow? Josh McDaniels is the only obvious candidate. He pushed his chips in for Tebow once, but he got fired before the cards were called. He probably will get another HC shot at some point, but that will probably be his last chance. Would he be willing to risk it all again on Tebow? Has his opinion of Tebow changed since he originally drafted him? It was interesting that the Pats didn't make a play for him, but maybe that was all Bellichek's call.

BroncoInferno
12-26-2012, 06:38 AM
When it's all said and done, I'm thinking Josh McDaniels will have been the only guy who ever wanted him for football reasons.

You may be right, and that's why it wouldn't shock me if the Jag's owner cleans house and brings in McDaniels to let him finish his Tebow experiment. What's he got to lose, really? If it fails, he'll at least get a couple seasons of sold-out stadiums out of it, which is better than the status quo.

BroncoInferno
12-26-2012, 06:52 AM
The Jets also are saying privately that Tebow has difficulty digesting more complex offensive schemes and lingo.

I find this interesting. Here's what McDaniels said about Tebow after drafting him:

"When I went to Gainesville Monday to work him out,'' McDaniels said, referring to his hush-hush trip to spend the day with Tebow, "we spent about seven hours together. We went over a lot of things. Now, understand that our offense is pretty complicated, and the terminology and the scheme is totally different from what he did at Florida. But about midway through my time there, we're going through plays, and he starts using our terminology. He's so smart about football that he was able to begin to speak my language and talk apples to apples. He'd already translated what he knew of our scheme into my words. That's something that carried a lot of weight with me.''

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/27/mailbag/index.html#ixzz2GAZc6uyV

Maybe Tebow's people knew that McD would grill him on this stuff, and so they prepped him in advance to regurgitate the responses McD would want? On the other hand, there's a big difference between talking about football in a chair and processing a lot of complex info in less than two seconds with large men chasing after you. Just thought it was interesting to see these comments from the Jets versus what McDaniels said a couple of years ago.

lonestar
12-26-2012, 07:46 AM
I find this interesting. Here's what McDaniels said about Tebow after drafting him:

Maybe Tebow's people knew that McD would grill him on this stuff, and so they prepped him in advance to regurgitate the responses McD would want? On the other hand, there's a big difference between talking about football in a chair and processing a lot of complex info in less than two seconds with large men chasing after you. Just thought it was interesting to see these comments from the Jets versus what McDaniels said a couple of years ago.

I had said much the same thing a few days ago.

Pretty sure that the meeting with josh was impromptu nothing scheduled well in advance. He might have had a day or two notice but even then how would he have known the terminology. Perhaps study some film but to know the terminology?

He also said that during the interview he was able to read the the defenses that were put up and how to defeat them.

Myself I think it was all crap from the jets staff to justify not,using him.

I also suspect that they did not try all that hard after the owner forced him on them.

Any coach in JAX would've a fool not to buy in as Tebow is loved there more than he is. Those fans are just as rabid as any and maybe even moreso than most. When it comes to Tebow He would start a fire in that program.

Now if he does indeed fail after getting decent coaching fans would understand any changes made.

We all know he had the same rap here lousy practice player, but thekidmwas a gamer. He showed up on Sundays and his teammates bought into it also.

I hope he just gets a fair shake about it. Then the chips can fall the way they should and he is either a damned good QB or a great minister.

Some how with the work ethic I've seen I suspect the former. .

lonestar
12-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Let me add

I think everyone on here knows that he was put in to quiet the crowd after he failed in agame or two. We also know that it failed to happen.

John and John were going to show all those "fans" that based on his practice skills, he was surely fail in a real game. then they could easily move in to the "real" #2 QB on the staff Quinn.

An epic fail move by the coaching staff

lonestar
12-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Let me add

I think everyone on here knows that he was put in to quiet the crowd after he failed in agame or two. We also know that it failed to happen.

John and John were going to show all those "fans" that based on his practice skills, he was surely fail in a real game. then they could easily move in to the "real" #2 QB on the staff Quinn.

peacepipe
12-26-2012, 08:08 AM
I had said much the same thing a few days ago.

Pretty sure that the meeting with josh was impromptu nothing scheduled well in advance. He might have had a day or two notice but even then how would he have known the terminology. Perhaps study some film but to know the terminology?

He also said that during the interview he was able to read the the defenses that were put up and how to defeat them.

Myself I think it was all crap from the jets staff to justify not,using him.

I also suspect that they did not try all that hard after the owner forced him on them.

Any coach in JAX would've a fool not to buy in as Tebow is loved there more than he is. Those fans are just as rabid as any and maybe even moreso than most. When it comes to Tebow He would start a fire in that program.

Now if he does indeed fail after getting decent coaching fans would understand any changes made.

We all know he had the same rap here lousy practice player, but thekidmwas a gamer. He showed up on Sundays and his teammates bought into it also.

I hope he just gets a fair shake about it. Then the chips can fall the way they should and he is either a damned good QB or a great minister.

Some how with the work ethic I've seen I suspect the former. .
It's one thing to know what to do in a classroom environment,but once the bullets start flying it's a different animal. There have been plenty of QBs drafted that looked good in the classroom/interview only to fall flat on their face once the whistle blows. It's no secret that tebow struggles reading defenses.

BroncoInferno
12-26-2012, 08:44 AM

Perhaps Tebow's agent had an insider close to the Broncos and/or McD who was able to give him a leg up? I'm not saying that's what happened, but who knows? It just seems weird. The Jets seemed legitimately excited to have Tebow, then barely used him. He must just look horrific in a practice setting. I still think you give him a chance, though, because maybe he's just one of those guys who's a gamer. What did they have to lose? Just weird. I'm not sold on Tebow like most people, but he deserves a fair chance at least. Hopefully, he next team will give him a chance to sink or swim on the field, whether it's Jacksonville or elsewhere.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-26-2012, 08:54 AM
Let me add

If this was the case they would've used the same gameplan as the Detroit game in the following games. Assuring every game after would have the same outcome of suckness. But they didnt. They went to a dumbed down offense that tebow could run and try to win games with.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Strange. Now that ryan said tebow never asked out of
wildcat pays, I don't see any crow eating or apologies here....another loss for the haters...add it to the list.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Strange. Now that ryan said tebow never asked out of
wildcat pays, I don't see any crow eating or apologies here....another loss for the haters...add it to the list.

Pretty funny. The lovers NEVER believed a word out of Ryan's mouth until now? And were supposed to apologize? I ain't apologizing for Tebow crying all week being jealous of McElroy.

primetime714
12-26-2012, 10:05 AM
I think the Jags would have to fire Mularkey and bring in someone more defensive minded if they want there to be any chance of this working out well. Tebow needs a head coach that is a defense first guy who hands control of the offense over to his OC and who is not held responsible for Tebow's failures. You're very unlikely to find a good Head Coaching candidate willing to accept blame for Tebow failures. I don't think McCoy would take the job and I don't even think McDaniels would go there again. Both currently run offenses led by Manning and Brady they can afford to wait for a better opportunity if there isn't one already available for them this year. However with a defensive minded head coach you can hire him to build a defense with assurances that he won't be blamed for offensive failures. You also don't have to worry about him forcing his offensive system on Tebow. You then hire a college OC who runs a similar system to Florida's and an NFL QB's coach to work on improving his passing.

With that said this is a lot to ask and I don't think the Jags would go this route nor am I suggesting they really should. However if Khan wants Tebow he has to go all in. None of this he'll be given a shot in camp stuff cause we know that just won't fall in Tebow's favor and suddenly you've made the same mistake the Jet's did (having a backup QB that is merely a distraction). The only chance Tebow has of success in the NFL is going to an organization that is fully committed to him and his style of play. Ultimately though the chances of success are still minimal without marked improvement from Tebow. With that in mind if I'm the Jags I pass and let him pursue other opportunities (CFL) and try to draft a QB that will make fans forget about Tebow.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Pretty funny. The lovers NEVER believed a word out of Ryan's mouth until now? And were supposed to apologize? I ain't apologizing for Tebow crying all week being jealous of McElroy.

The Zombies are such an interesting group. Amazing.

Houshyamama
12-26-2012, 11:40 AM
McElroy is injured, which puts all three quarterbacks in play for Sunday

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/26/mcelroy-is-injured-which-puts-all-quarterbacks-in-play-for-sunda/

broncosteven
12-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Looks like Timmy is showing his true colors. I haven't been online the past couple days so sorry if this is old news:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-jets-rex-ryan-tim-tebow-wildcat-san-diego-chargers-122412
ESPN New York first reported that Tebow opted out of running wildcat plays. ESPN also reported that Tebow said his relationship with Ryan was ''strained'' for a few days, but they smoothed things over. Ryan had all three quarterbacks active for Sunday's 27-17 loss, but Tebow never got onto the field in any capacity.

Ryan did not deny that Tebow asked out of running wildcat plays, but also refused to go into any details of what happened.

''I've been transparent and all that stuff without question, but I'm not going to give you a private conversation that I would have with a player,'' Ryan reiterated. ''That's between him and I. If he wants to share whatever the conversation is, Tim or anybody else, then that's up to him.''

Ryan was also asked if it could be considered ''insubordination'' if a player refuses to play in a role designed for him.

lonestar
12-26-2012, 12:01 PM
It's one thing to know what to do in a classroom environment,but once the bullets start flying it's a different animal. There have been plenty of QBs drafted that looked good in the classroom/interview only to fall flat on their face once the whistle blows. It's no secret that tebow struggles reading defenses.

I think that over his career playing football that he has been successful beating defenses otherwise he would not have won ONE and almost another Hiesman..

Not to mention he beat a lot of defenses in DEN. He has never seen a propensity for fail.

I'm not saying the those defenses he played against here were all that great. But he never swathe field in NY. And sparano was a master at his style of running the ball. Was fatso excited to have him, let me just use two words. COACH SPEAK, the owner wanted hype and they got it what else is the coach supposed to say or act.

I'd like to see him given a fair shake and if he doesn't cut it then he can move on.

Mouth
12-26-2012, 02:58 PM
If this was the case they would've used the same gameplan as the Detroit game in the following games. Assuring every game after would have the same outcome of suckness. But they didnt. They went to a dumbed down offense that tebow could run and try to win games with.

They really did though. Most of the reason Tebow had so many amazing comebacks was because of the ridiculously conservative playcalling. Run run pass, run run pass, run run run. The reason (IMHO) that Tebow was so good in the 4th quarter was because the coaching staff finally let him run a 4-5 wide spread offense. I've watched that last drive against the jets from last year a couple times the last few days and THAT Tebow can certainly play QB in the NFL. I think it will just take a coach willing to go all-in like with RG3, cam newton, or to a lesser extent kapernick.

On a side note, the broncos went from #1 rushing offense last year to mid twenties this year I think. I'm not saying I don't like having the offense we have this year, just an interesting stat.

jerseyboiler120
12-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Living here in new jersey I've had the opportunity to watch the entire Tebow-jets experiment. My best friend is a big jets fan so I've watched just about every snap for the team this season. I've also been able to listen to the hourly discusiions in the press about the experiment.

Bottom line is they never gave Tebow a chance here. The moment he started the season as part of the punt team, it was clear that he would not only be passed over as a QB, but there may be serious efforts by the coaching staff to ruin Tebow's career. His only pass anyone remembers that was over 10 yards was right on the money but the receiver dropped the ball (as most jets receivers do). The worst part of the entire debacle is sanchez is an absolutely horrible QB. He can't hit the broad side of a barn. Everyone here had to watch every pass, and most of them were well off the mark (no pun intended).

I can only hope Tebow gets another shot somewhere, with a coaching staff that watched his Bronco film. For anyone thinking Tebow can't throw the ball, how do you explain many of the long pass completions he had as a Bronco???

peacepipe
12-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Living here in new jersey I've had the opportunity to watch the entire Tebow-jets experiment. My best friend is a big jets fan so I've watched just about every snap for the team this season. I've also been able to listen to the hourly discusiions in the press about the experiment.

Bottom line is they never gave Tebow a chance here. The moment he started the season as part of the punt team, it was clear that he would not only be passed over as a QB, but there may be serious efforts by the coaching staff to ruin Tebow's career. His only pass anyone remembers that was over 10 yards was right on the money but the receiver dropped the ball (as most jets receivers do). The worst part of the entire debacle is sanchez is an absolutely horrible QB. He can't hit the broad side of a barn. Everyone here had to watch every pass, and most of them were well off the mark (no pun intended).

I can only hope Tebow gets another shot somewhere, with a coaching staff that watched his Bronco film. For anyone thinking Tebow can't throw the ball, how do you explain many of the long pass completions he had as a Bronco???
A broken clock is going to be right twice a day.yeah he throws a deep pass very well,but can't throw anything short or intermediate accurately on a consistent basis. If all it took to be an NFL QB was throwing 20-30 hail Marys a game,tebow would be a pro-bowler. I've watched every game tebow has played in,as much as Sanchez sucks at QB,tebow is worse.
BTW,there's no conspiracy to ruin tebow.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-26-2012, 04:05 PM

For every long pass, which weren't many, there were 5 in the dirt, 5 that sailed into a Gatorade cooler. Or he held onto the ball too long Resulting in a sack. He's a sub 50 percentage. That in itself proves he can't throw consistently. No one doubts he can't throw the ball far, it's the precise timing passing that is needed to succeed in this league.

As far as the jets conspiracy? That's been played out when people assumed Elway was trying to sabatoge him. You say jets recievers drop balls, then say Sanchez sucks. I agree he sucks, but isn't he throwing to the same recievers as tebow? Tebow looks to run most of his plays. So if its a passing plays he lumber jacks it into a run play

Popps
12-26-2012, 04:19 PM
As far as the jets conspiracy? That's been played out when people assumed Elway was trying to sabatoge him.

I was one of the first to call bull**** on that conspiracy theory when that G'untar (or whatever his name was) dude came here from Broncos Country trying to sell it.

I will say this though, at a certain point... the Jets knew they couldn't save their season. Like last week... there was simply no reason not to stick Tebow in there. But, from Ryan's perspective... you have to wonder, what would the upside have been?

In other words, if Tebow does well... Ryan looks like an idiot for not having started him. Yet, it's too late for a real playoff run. It's the same reason Tebow won't play this week. They are washing their hands of him, which is only odd because... why trade for him in the first place?

I'm just a little more inclined to believe some kind of behind the scenes politics/business plays into the Jets situation more than it did with ours. They committed a lot of money to Sanchez and had to try to justify it, I believe.
Now, I also realize Tebow might not be able to run their offense. So, they may have been in a pinch. But, if the Broncos staff could throw together a game plan... the Jets staff could have. They chose not to, which doesn't affect my life in any way.

I will say... I hope Tebow plays next year. It's just fun to watch. It's that simple. He was a good Bronco and I wish him well. No worship, no hatred. Just a fun football player to watch.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-26-2012, 05:13 PM
I've watched that last drive against the jets from last year a couple times the last few days

THAT'S what you masturbate to? Weird.

barryr
12-26-2012, 05:42 PM
The criticisms of Tebow are largely not even based about football and has more to do with his religion and those that are threatened by it not liking him for it. If it was simply about his lack of accuracy as a QB, there still wouldn't be people talking about him and enjoying stating how terrible he is or trying to insinuate how dumb he is and can't read a simple playbook. I have seen other players who don't play but not get as much ink for lack of ability or perceived lack of ability, but they don't get talked about like Tebow does. He's a Christian who doesn't believe in abortion, so he must be smeared as much as possible and made to look bad and his fans belittled. The 1st Amendment and freedom of speech for some in this country applies to everyone except if you are an outspoken Christian. I swear those opposed to Christianity and don't believe in it spend as much worrying about, if not more, about it than those that believe in it. Heck, I see atheist writers writing tons of books about a subject they don't believe in. I just find that weird.

errand
12-26-2012, 05:57 PM
On a side note, the broncos went from #1 rushing offense last year to mid twenties this year I think. I'm not saying I don't like having the offense we have this year, just an interesting stat.

We're 18th in rushing, just saying....and of course you left out an even more interesting stat that we also went from 31st in passing to 6th overall...another interesting stat is we went from 25th in scoring to 2nd overall, and we went from 23rd in total offense to 4th.

And we did it with the same featured RB..and WR's...the big difference? QB Peyton Manning.

peacepipe
12-26-2012, 06:03 PM
The criticisms of Tebow are largely not even based about football and has more to do with his religion and those that are threatened by it not liking him for it. If it was simply about his lack of accuracy as a QB, there still wouldn't be people talking about him and enjoying stating how terrible he is or trying to insinuate how dumb he is and can't read a simple playbook. I have seen other players who don't play but not get as much ink for lack of ability or perceived lack of ability, but they don't get talked about like Tebow does. He's a Christian who doesn't believe in abortion, so he must be smeared as much as possible and made to look bad and his fans belittled. The 1st Amendment and freedom of speech for some in this country applies to everyone except if you are an outspoken Christian. I swear those opposed to Christianity and don't believe in it spend as much worrying about, if not more, about it than those that believe in it. Heck, I see atheist writers writing tons of books about a subject they don't believe in. I just find that weird.
You can't defend the fact that tebow is a bust,so you claim it's his religion. BS!

2KBack
12-26-2012, 06:07 PM

do you seriously believe this?

I'm sure there are some out there that hate baesd on his beliefs....but I think it's a pretty strong minority. What I see is people chaffing more and more about a marginal player getting ridiculous amounts of press; a back up with press conferences scheduled after games where he may have taken 2 snaps. They only people who think Tebow is hated for his religion are the people who only like him for his religion.

barryr
12-26-2012, 06:12 PM
You can't defend the fact that tebow is a bust,so you claim it's his religion. BS!

While you have spent how many posts the last few years talking badly about Tebow just because of his QB play despite hardly playing? Sure.

barryr
12-26-2012, 06:16 PM
do you seriously believe this?

I'm sure there are some out there that hate baesd on his beliefs....but I think it's a pretty strong minority. What I see is people chaffing more and more about a marginal player getting ridiculous amounts of press; a back up with press conferences scheduled after games where he may have taken 2 snaps. They only people who think Tebow is hated for his religion are the people who only like him for his religion.

That is my point. A guy who doesn't play that much getting as much hate as he gets, but oh, it's just because he doesn't throw the ball well. Whatever. Since that doesn't wash with most sane people, then the tactic is to go after his character to help convince others or themselves it isn't personal and he has to be a bad guy no matter the stretch or lies used. It's pretty clear this has been going on for awhile now.

errand
12-26-2012, 06:21 PM
For anyone thinking Tebow can't throw the ball, how do you explain many of the long pass completions he had as a Bronco???

Wow, really? How is it Manning is hitting on 68.1% of his passes while throwing to the same starting WR's Tebow could only complete 46.5%?

errand
12-26-2012, 06:32 PM
The criticisms of Tebow are largely not even based about football and has more to do with his religion and those that are threatened by it not liking him for it.

LOL....prove this please.

I'll go out on a limb and say that the majority of the "haters" don't necessarily hate him as much as they hate his obnoxious and annoying fans who come up with some of the stupidest theories as to why he's not playing, not completing passes and looks lost on the field, all the while ignoring the real reason....he sucks at playing QB at the NFL level.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-26-2012, 06:41 PM
barryr... what a joke of poster. Teebs is a JUNK QB! How much simpler can it be boiled down to?

errand
12-26-2012, 06:48 PM
That is my point. A guy who doesn't play that much getting as much hate as he gets, but oh, it's just because he doesn't throw the ball well. Whatever. Since that doesn't wash with most sane people, then the tactic is to go after his character to help convince others or themselves it isn't personal and he has to be a bad guy no matter the stretch or lies used. It's pretty clear this has been going on for awhile now.

Who on here has said Tebow is a bad guy?

Who on here has questioned his character?

Again you talk about hatred aimed towards Tebow...but seriously, has any "hater" ever advocated that someone take a crowbar to his knees, or even his head like a Tebow fan wanted to do to Orton? Hell one of those clowns even had a crowbar as his avatar.

Did any "hater" ever propose the idea that the Broncos would be better off if Elway and Fox died in a plane crash like a Tebow fan did?

Did any of the "haters" call this organization classless, and say "F the Broncos" when Orton was benched, then waived and Tebow was inserted as the starter like a Tebow fan did when the Broncos signed Manning and traded Tebow?

so either produce these alleged "I hate that Christian Tebow guy" posts you claim have been made or stop perpetuating a ****ing myth.

TDmvp
12-26-2012, 09:36 PM
I hate anti Tebow , beat it to death when it's pointless guy AS WELL AS blinders wearing , not seeing Tebow has some major flaws, who can't be reasoned with Tebow lover equally at this point after living through this for however long it has been.

I tend to fall into a 3rd group who thinks Tebow is a NFL quarterback who is at this point non conventional , and maybe never will be. Who has issues with accuracy and reading Ds which causes him to miss timing routes and open receivers sometimes.
A lot of this being from his mechanics and not being ask to throw in rhythm to a spot where a Wr should be much... Can this stuff be fixed ? No one knows.

The kid is a fighter and seems to have a feel for big moments and I for one enjoyed his time in Denver. I also love having rid of some of the drama that surrounds him in no fault of his.... But I'll say this much , I'd never bet against the kid's heart and will to overcome.

And I say this as a borderline agnostic / atheist who hates the spread option style of football and didn't like Tebow in college LOL ....

XXXII&III
12-26-2012, 09:42 PM
I love the kid's heart. I hope he ends up someplace where they are willing to work with him and develop him.... he really hasn't had much of that.

It bothers me when people and I"m looking at you Meril Hoge drop any pretense of being a professional and go right for the personal. Speaking of Meril Hoge, my new project is to tweet him every day and call him an asshole. Today is Day 2. I don't care whether he gives a crap, but it makes me feel better.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-26-2012, 10:43 PM
So what about those deeply religious people who don't like Tebow's football skills?

Barry that is a cop out attack. Pitiful. You are a perfect example of why there's hatred. His fans calling out crap propaganda like this.

TDmvp
12-27-2012, 12:40 AM
I love the kid's heart. I hope he ends up someplace where they are willing to work with him and develop him.... he really hasn't had much of that.

It bothers me when people and I"m looking at you Meril Hoge drop any pretense of being a professional and go right for the personal. Speaking of Meril Hoge, my new project is to tweet him every day and call him an a-hole. Today is Day 2. I don't care whether he gives a crap, but it makes me feel better.

I don't do the Twitter thing , But maybe you should add this to your daily tweet to Hoge ... It would make me feel better also and most likely help bring about world peace in some small way.

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/4622/hogeluvemgoattaint.jpg

BroncoBuff
12-27-2012, 03:06 AM
I'm good with our Tebow history ... Demaryious and Decker were drafted adjacent to him, and his expendability made way for Manning.

Besides, we'll always have this Top 10 franchise moment:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7zuUIhv8z3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBuff
12-27-2012, 03:25 AM
This pic fascinates me .... caption anyone?

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/3136/sancheztebowjets.jpg

"Take your hand off my butt Mark. For now."

Drek
12-27-2012, 05:48 AM
Wow, really? How is it Manning is hitting on 68.1% of his passes while throwing to the same starting WR's Tebow could only complete 46.5%?

Because one is Peyton ****ing Manning and the other is Tim Tebow?

A lot of very good QBs had bad completion percentages in their first season or two. Hell, Eli Manning was a straight pocket QB and his first season had a completion percentage down around 48%. That was with a team that built the offense to his strengths and gave him a ton of pre-season snaps. Meanwhile you're grading Tebow on an offense that was designed for Jake Delhomme and Kyle Orton, where Tebow got basically zero first team snaps up until becoming the starter.

Tebow has yet to be given a real shot in a spread option offense (his strength) on a team that actually wants him as their QB. The Broncos moving on makes sense in that Elway wanted "his guy" long term and landed Peyton Manning short term. The Jets clearly engaged in false advertising with Tebow, being far more interested in the stress a wildcat QB like Tebow could put on opposing defensive gameplans than they were in developing him as a QB. Its a damn shame that the guy has gotten such a raw deal in the NFL, hopefully it turns around and he gets a chance to really try being a QB for the first time since being drafted.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-27-2012, 06:04 AM

It's also weird that they hate the following players for also being outspoken Christians:

Robert Griffin III
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Brian Dawkins
Troy Polamalu

I can't tell you how much I hate Peyton Manning because of his beliefs. Obviously.

You're a ****ing moron, by the way.

BroncoInferno
12-27-2012, 06:12 AM
It's also weird that they hate the following players for also being outspoken Christians:

Robert Griffin III
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Brian Dawkins
Troy Polamalu

I can't tell you how much I hate Peyton Manning because of his beliefs. Obviously.

LOL Yeah, I was just going to make that point. There are and have been countless outspoken Christians in the NFL. Hell, was anyone more outspoken than Reggie White? He was literally a minister, FFS. But for some reason folks take their hatred of religion all out on Tebow. Brilliant stuff as always, barry Ha!

I'm an atheist, and I could care less if a player is religious or not. If they are a Bronco and they can play and give an honest effort, that's good enough for me. While I have a lot of questions about Tebow's long-term ability as an NFL QB, I like him and do think he's gotten a raw deal to some extent. 2011 was the most fun I've had as a fan since the Super Bowls. All those crazy comebacks. I hope some team gives him a fair shot to prove himself as a starter.

peacepipe
12-27-2012, 06:45 AM
Because one is Peyton ****ing Manning and the other is Tim Tebow?

A lot of very good QBs had bad completion percentages in their first season or two. Hell, Eli Manning was a straight pocket QB and his first season had a completion percentage down around 48%. That was with a team that built the offense to his strengths and gave him a ton of pre-season snaps. Meanwhile you're grading Tebow on an offense that was designed for Jake Delhomme and Kyle Orton, where Tebow got basically zero first team snaps up until becoming the starter.

Tebow has yet to be given a real shot in a spread option offense (his strength) on a team that actually wants him as their QB. The Broncos moving on makes sense in that Elway wanted "his guy" long term and landed Peyton Manning short term. The Jets clearly engaged in false advertising with Tebow, being far more interested in the stress a wildcat QB like Tebow could put on opposing defensive gameplans than they were in developing him as a QB. Its a damn shame that the guy has gotten such a raw deal in the NFL, hopefully it turns around and he gets a chance to really try being a QB for the first time since being drafted.
BS,tebow was given every opportunity to succeed in Denver. They changed everything on the offense to accomadate him.he never showed any improvement & was traded.
Ryan traded for tebow to run a wildcat offense, & was told he would be the backup. In practice he never improved and as such he was not given the starting spot.

BroncoBeavis
12-27-2012, 08:17 AM
They changed everything on the offense to <s>accomadate him</s> keep him from throwing the ball.he never showed any improvement & was traded.

FIFY

Improvement requires repeated opportunity.

dsmoot
12-27-2012, 08:25 AM

Robert Griffin III
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Brian Dawkins
Troy Polamalu

But why are you giving us reason to hate? Make your point and move on. Leave the hate out of it. Just how old are you?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-27-2012, 08:29 AM
But why are you giving us reason to hate? Make your point and move on. Leave the hate out of it. Just how old are you?

Can someone translate this into English?

Do you not understand sarcasm?

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 08:34 AM
Rex ryan should change his name to the elusive mark sanchez...thats what someone who hitches themselves to a loser while hating the winner does apparantly.

errand
12-27-2012, 08:40 AM
FIFY

Reminds me of the Kyle Brady saga when he was a NY Jet.....he was always complaining about never getting any "opportunities" to catch the ball in Bill Parcells' offense. One day in practice Brady dropped a few passes evidently and that prompted Parcells to quip, "Yeah Kyle....that's another one of those opportunities you say you never get..."

This is where Tebow's not practicing very well comes back to bite him in his ass....you're not going to get opportunities as a WR or pass catching TE if you drop passes in practice.....you're not going to be the team's first choice at PR/KR if you're fumbling or muffing kicks....you're never going to attempt a 50 yard FG if you cannot hit them in practice...

so why is it so shocking to you and your clown posse that a QB who sucks throwing the ball in pratice doesn't get that many opportunities to throw the ball in actual games?

DBroncos4life
12-27-2012, 08:47 AM
I picture most of you nuts like Uncle Rico.
How much you want to make a bet Tebow could throw a football over them mountains? Yeah. If coach would've put Tebow in fourth quarter, we'd have been world champions, no doubt. No doubt in my mind.
<object width="24" height="24" class="hark_player">
<param name="movie" value="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_24x24.swf?pid=ptrrrvzggt"/>
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>
<param name="allownetworking" value="all"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
<embed src="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_24x24.swf?pid=ptrrrvzggt" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" width="24" height="24" wmode="transparent"></embed>
</object><br/>
<a href="http://www.hark.com/clips/ptrrrvzggt-bet-i-can-throw-a-football-over-them-mountains" style="font-size: 9px; color: #ddd;" title="Listen to Bet I Can Throw a Football Over Them Mountains? on Hark.com">Bet I Can Throw a Football Over Them Mountains?</a>

Oh PS Sanchez was named the starting QB again :rofl:

dsmoot
12-27-2012, 08:50 AM

Can someone translate this into English?

Do you not understand sarcasm?

I missed the sarcasm in the last sentence. How is that? More clear. No sarcasm given.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Tebow well never be the practice champion. He just isn't polished enough and never will be. Thats unfortunate for him.. Mark sanchez and kyle orton clearly are better in practice...and we all know that is what is most important. Game day doen't matter unless you care about winning. Rex ryan will be out of coaching soon because he would rather play a qb with 50 turnovers in two years than one who erin a playoff game because of practice.

Its laughable really.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Tebow well never be the practice champion. He just isn't polished enough and never will be. Thats unfortunate for him.. Mark sanchez and kyle orton clearly are better in practice...and we all know that is what is most important. Game day doen't matter unless you care about winning. Rex ryan will be out of coaching soon because he would rather play a qb with 50 turnovers in two years than one who erin a playoff game because of practice.

Its laughable really.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-27-2012, 08:58 AM

Its laughable really.

At every level, practice reps -- where the conditions are optimal for success -- are what decide the starting lineup. Don't like it? I don't know what to tell you. Maybe Tebow should start performing better in practice.

A mighty simple solution.

peacepipe
12-27-2012, 09:04 AM
FIFY

My bad, I thought they had a thing called practice for that. As has been said time & time again,if you can't do it in practice you're not going to be able to do it in a game. You've must have been at the fridge getting a beer every time tebow completed a pass to a blade of grass or to a water cooler on the sidelines. Fox is paid to do what's best for the team,not a lackluster QB.they called limited passes because they had a QB who couldn't throw the ball on any consistent level.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 09:05 AM
At every level, practice reps -- where the conditions are optimal for success -- are what decide the starting lineup. Don't like it? I don't know what to tell you. Maybe Tebow should start performing better in practice.

A mighty simple solution.

No it isn't. He sucks at passing unless the games on the line. Thats just who he is.he isn't going to get better. I wish he would and I agree that its his biggest obstacle, but he is what he is.

Either a coach is scared and liked losing like ryan, or one has balls and plays him...and wins. Thats it.

dsmoot
12-27-2012, 09:11 AM
This is where Tebow's not practicing very well comes back to bite him in his ass....you're not going to get opportunities as a WR or pass catching TE if you drop passes in practice.....you're not going to be the team's first choice at PR/KR if you're fumbling or muffing kicks....you're never going to attempt a 50 yard FG if you cannot hit them in practice...

so why is it so shocking to you and your clown posse that a QB who sucks throwing the ball in pratice doesn't get that many opportunities to throw the ball in actual games?

I personally did not go to a Broncos training camp while Tim was in Denver but your comments are supported by what others have seen. As one who wanted to see Tim succeed, I did see the many passes in games sailing high and wide, hit the turf three yards in front of the receiver and the ball being delivered too late where the receiver was pinched up against the sideline waiting for the ball. At the same time, the body language of the teammates was obvious when it happened and it happened often enough. Often enough that Elway/Fox were very careful in the praise given to Tim even during the winning streak last year. Often enough, that Elway had to make a decision - is this going to correct itself with time or do we go another way.

I assume nothing changed in New York. I really think Ryan didn't want to change the offense so drastically to best fit Tebow's skill set. I think Ryan is on a much shorter leash in NY than Fox was his first year in Denver. Therefore, go to the 3rd stringer who simply throws the ball better.

Is someone going to attach the famous Allen Iverson practice video?

peacepipe
12-27-2012, 09:19 AM
No it isn't. He sucks at passing unless the games on the line. Thats just who he is.he isn't going to get better. I wish he would and I agree that its his biggest obstacle, but he is what he is.

Either a coach is scared and liked losing like ryan, or one has balls and plays him...and wins. Thats it.

He played great at the end of games cause by the end of game when the opposing team was up, they would move to a prevent defense it then became easier for tebow to read the defense.

errand
12-27-2012, 09:20 AM
I picture most of you nuts like Uncle Rico.
How much you want to make a bet Tebow could throw a football over them mountains? Yeah. If coach would've put Tebow in fourth quarter, we'd have been world champions, no doubt. No doubt in my mind.
<object width="24" height="24" class="hark_player">
<param name="movie" value="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_24x24.swf?pid=ptrrrvzggt"/>
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>
<param name="allownetworking" value="all"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
<embed src="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_24x24.swf?pid=ptrrrvzggt" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" width="24" height="24" wmode="transparent"></embed>
</object><br/>
<a href="http://www.hark.com/clips/ptrrrvzggt-bet-i-can-throw-a-football-over-them-mountains" style="font-size: 9px; color: #ddd;" title="Listen to Bet I Can Throw a Football Over Them Mountains? on Hark.com">Bet I Can Throw a Football Over Them Mountains?</a>

Oh PS Sanchez was named the starting QB again :rofl:

The problem is Tebow throws like Uncle Rico.....

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 09:21 AM
He played great at the end of games cause by the end of game when the opposing team was up, they would move to a prevent defense it then became easier for tebow to read the defense.

The second period of the steelers game was prevent?

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 09:21 AM

The jets drive was prevent?

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 09:22 AM

The miami drive was prevent?

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 09:23 AM

should I go on pwning you, or just stop now?

BroncoInferno
12-27-2012, 09:24 AM

I agree with what your saying, but think about it from the coaches perspective. How can he justify starting one player over another when the one getting benched out-performs the starter in practice by a wide margin? How does he have any credibility with his team? Also, the problem with the "he only passes well if the game on the line" theory is this: what if the game is out of reach by the time the 4th quarter rolls around? It puts a lot of stress on a defense to say every game, "OK, hold these guys under 20 and then Tebow will steal it at the end. But you MUST keep it under 20!" That's not a realistic way to construct a team. By the end of last season, the formula was starting to fail (see the 7-3 loss to the Chiefs and blow-out loss to the Bills).

Tebow is 9-7 as a starter (including playoffs), so let's not pretend he's the golden egg who can't lose. He also closed with a 1-4 stretch last season, including multiple blow-out losses. Also, Vince Young "just won," too. The reality is that as with Young, there were other factors at play that lead to those winning records. All last season proved was that Tebow sucked less than Orton. I imagine he would have sucked less than Sanchez, too, if given the chance. Again, I like Tebow and hope someone gives him a real chance over a full season running an offense designed around him, but this "he just wins" thing is over-simplified at best.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Zero blitz is not prevent...can someone get him a football 101 book?

BroncoBeavis
12-27-2012, 09:27 AM
Rex ryan should change his name to the elusive mark sanchez...thats what someone who hitches themselves to a loser while hating the winner does apparantly.

This could be his new avy.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA8tp1RrTw9CTm7nVT_YVfKipqZbyTQ UlIvJmHhqZibfiP_2oh

LOL

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 09:30 AM
I agree with what your saying, but think about it from the coaches perspective. How can he justify starting one player over another when the one getting benched out-performs the starter in practice by a wide margin? How does he have any credibility with his team? Also, the problem with the "he only passes well if the game on the line" theory is this: what if the game is out of reach by the time the 4th quarter rolls around? It puts a lot of stress on a defense to say every game, "OK, hold these guys under 20 and then Tebow will steal it at the end. But you MUST keep it under 20!" That's not a realistic way to construct a team. By the end of last season, the formula was starting to fail (see the 7-3 loss to the Chiefs and blow-out loss to the Bills).

Tebow is 9-7 as a starter (including playoffs), so let's not pretend he's the golden egg who can't lose. He also closed with a 1-4 stretch last season, including multiple blow-out losses. Also, Vince Young "just won," too. The reality is that as with Young, there were other factors at play that lead to those winning records. All last season proved was that Tebow sucked less than Orton. I imagine he would have sucked less than Sanchez, too, if given the chance. Again, I like Tebow and hope someone gives him a real chance over a full season running an offense designed around him, but this "he just wins" thing is over-simplified at best.

9-7 is impressive on a losing team and while sucking as qb. Thats what is most impressive.imagine if a team was built around him and he improved just a little? He had only started a seasons worth of games...

I understand not wanting to start him, and you make a great point about team chemistry..

But what the zombie haters don't see, is that he is backing up orton and sanchez types. Guys that lose and directly bring their teams down.
Tebow as a ****ty passer would not have 50 turnovers these past two years and the jets would have won more... The team would have grown around the wins...bonded even.

BroncoBeavis
12-27-2012, 09:32 AM

I've never heard people talk about losing "streaks" which include a playoff win sandwiched in the middle. At least 2/3rds of playoff teams go 1-1 or worse in the playoffs.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-27-2012, 09:41 AM
I've never heard people talk about losing "streaks" which include a playoff win sandwiched in the middle. At least 2/3rds of playoff teams go 1-1 or worse in the playoffs.

Going 0-3 to close the regular season just disappears into the abyss of Beavis' mind.

HAT
12-27-2012, 09:41 AM
FIFY

Then what's your excuse as an orangemane poster?

HAT
12-27-2012, 09:43 AM

Isn't your ban bet over yet OABB ? When you coming back under old handle?

peacepipe
12-27-2012, 09:48 AM
should I go on pwning you, or just stop now?

Lol you're not pwning anyone, Miami wins that game if not for a lucky diving catch by the receiver, the jets let up on how they were playing tebow on that last drive. It's good thing the media criticized the jets for a entire week for changing the scheme on defense on that last drive,cuz I might not have remembered otherwise. The Steelers? Overconfidence on their part & injuries lead to that. I could've thrown for 300 yds in that game.

Tebow had some great fluke games. Wasn't he 1-4 to end the season once teams figured him out. He finished the season the same way it started.

I seem to remember Elway saying that tebow would have to improve in two areas for a long term commitment to Denver(paraphrasing): completion percentage & 3rd down conversion.
Guess what,he never improved.

Drunk Monkey
12-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Lolz at Tebow. It sounds like he is still going to pursue the QB dream. He needs to give it up and move on to a position more suited to his abilities.

BroncoBeavis
12-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Going 0-3 to close the regular season just disappears into the abyss of Beavis' mind.

PFM managed 0-3 (or worse) three times in his first 16 games. Does that keep you awake at night?

errand
12-27-2012, 10:13 AM

Scared of what? And what coach likes losing?

BTW...if a coach plays Tebow it's not because he had balls...it's because he had no other option.

peacepipe
12-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Mortenson reported this morning that even though it's a sure thing that tebow will go to the jags,he isn't guaranteed the starting QB position. He'll have to compete for it. Tebow doesn't have a good track record in training camp when competing for starter.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Isn't your ban bet over yet OABB ? When you coming back under old handle?

lol. Jake misses you the most..he will be here in the div round... He has been his usual charming self on twitter though:)

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Scared of what? And what coach likes losing?

BTW...if a coach plays Tebow it's not because he had balls...it's because he had no other option.

I know. Sanchez should have been replaced in week 5.. arguing for sanchez is lije arguing for orton.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-27-2012, 10:48 AM
PFM managed 0-3 (or worse) three times in his first 16 games. Does that keep you awake at night?

There you go again comparing a QB who actually possesed the tools and skills to get better. Everyone saw the skill set manning had. Everyone sees the lack of skill set tebow has. It's not even close so just stop comparing.

Were any of those games a division clincher? 3 chances to clinch the division tebow got last year. Fell on his face all 3 times. Clinging to that one playoff game without even acknowledging that game wouldn't exist if it came down to Tebows performance trying to get in. Tebow owes rivers big time for bailing him out.

errand
12-27-2012, 10:57 AM

Especially when all we had to do was win one solitary game out of those last 3 to lock up the division title.

errand
12-27-2012, 11:00 AM
I know. Sanchez should have been replaced in week 5.. arguing for sanchez is lije arguing for orton.

Nobody is arguing for Sanchez....and I agree Sanchez sucks. Having said that, how poorly can he play and still keep his job as a starting QB?

I guess the answer is all he wants if Tebow is the alternative.

BroncoInferno
12-27-2012, 11:00 AM

For every Peyton Manning who overcame early career struggles, there are 50 Brady Quinn's or Akili Smith's who do not. You frame the above argument and similar ones (i.e. Eli Manning overcoming a 48% completion as a rookie) as if it's the normal course of things for significant improvement to follow. It isn't. The Peyton's and Eli's are the exceptions, not the rule.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Especially when all we had to do was win one solitary game out of those last 3 to lock up the division title.

Again, hate zombies are stupid. Tebow was a second year player in his 11th start. He struggled. He was told to pull the trigger. He was mush rushed. It is not stupidity to assume he would improve, its stupidity to assume he wouldnt. Again, the haters are the zombies who cling to 4 games as if they tell the whole story, but ignore the other 12.

Tebow is not a good quarterback.no one claimed he was. But he could be successful and HAS BEEN in this league already.

those of us that see that are smart, those who claim 16 starts in which a winning record on a losing team was the FACT and that means the guy should be a FB are ****ing morons.

Its that simple. Morons, haters, zombies.the facts are on the side of him being successful.

Ignoring reality makes you a hater, or a moron.

Does he suck as a passer? Yes..can he win? .he already has'

Keepc being mindless zombies for all I care. But here, in reality, its more fun.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 11:08 AM
For every Peyton Manning who overcame early career struggles, there are 50 Brady Quinn's or Akili Smith's who do not. You frame the above argument and similar ones (i.e. Eli Manning overcoming a 48% completion as a rookie) as if it's the normal course of things for significant improvement to follow. It isn't. The Peyton's and Eli's are the exceptions, not the rule.

I don't remember quinn or smith having a winning record or winning a playoff game in there first 16 starts..

Hmmmm, maybe my internet is broken?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Again, hate zombies are stupid. Tebow was a second year player in his 11th start. He struggled. He was told to pull the trigger. He was mush rushed. It is not stupidity to assume he would improve, its stupidity to assume he wouldnt. Again, the haters are the zombies who cling to 4 games as if they tell the whole story, but ignore the other 12.

Tebow is not a good quarterback.no one claimed he was. But he could be successful and HAS BEEN in this league already.

those of us that see that are smart, those who claim 16 starts in which a winning record on a losing team was the FACT and that means the guy should be a FB are ****ing morons.

Its that simple. Morons, haters, zombies.the facts are on the side of him being successful.

Ignoring reality makes you a hater, or a moron.

Does he suck as a passer? Yes..can he win? .he already has'

Keepc being mindless zombies for all I care. But here, in reality, its more fun.

What is he 8-6 as a starter? 6-8 if Marion barber wasn't an idiot and Miami knew how recover a kick.
So that means Vince Young should still be playing? Cause he's won way more than tebow. Better win loss percentage.

Your arguement is ridiculous when you state there not enough play time to critique tebow, yet hold the arguement he's already won in that same exact frame time. Bad QBs don't win long term in the NFL.

broncocalijohn
12-27-2012, 11:25 AM
There you go again comparing a QB who actually possesed the tools and skills to get better. Everyone saw the skill set manning had. Everyone sees the lack of skill set tebow has. It's not even close so just stop comparing.

Were any of those games a division clincher? 3 chances to clinch the division tebow got last year. Fell on his face all 3 times. Clinging to that one playoff game without even acknowledging that game wouldn't exist if it came down to Tebows performance trying to get in. Tebow owes rivers big time for bailing him out.

I understand some here with calling Tebow a pseudo QB but to blame him for backing into the playoffs when we started 1-4 is a tough hole to dig out of to win it in 11 games. Seems a lot of excuses why he won all those games but nothing on the losses. He sucked in those games but he found a way to win when it mattered most. Don't sound like a sore winner.

BroncoInferno
12-27-2012, 11:25 AM
I don't remember quinn or smith having a winning record or winning a playoff game in there first 16 starts..

Hmmmm, maybe my internet is broken?

Maybe you remember Vince Young, then? As a rookie, he took over an 0-3 team and led them to an 8-5 finish. Even now he's still 31-19 in his career as a starter. Yet, no one wants him to start for them. I wonder why? Could it be that the reasons for wins and losses are often more complex than who lined up under center? Hell, Kyle Orton was 27-12 after his first 39 starts (~2.5 seasons worth).

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-27-2012, 11:39 AM
I understand some here with calling Tebow a pseudo QB but to blame him for backing into the playoffs when we started 1-4 is a tough hole to dig out of to win it in 11 games. Seems a lot of excuses why he won all those games but nothing on the losses. He sucked in those games but he found a way to win when it mattered most. Don't sound like a sore winner.

Giving up points of 15 10 13 13 10 are the reason those games were won. Had ANY of those 5 games gone 20 points the broncos would've lost. Sorry but its hard giving credit to a QB going 2-8 in a winning game.

errand
12-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Giving up points of 15 10 13 13 10 are the reason those games were won. Had ANY of those 5 games gone 20 points the broncos would've lost.

How is that possible? How can a team bereft of talent save for Tebow be able to hold opposing teams to 61 points in approximately 23 quarters of play?

I mean all we heard from the nut hugging Tebow fans was how the team was filled with nothing but a bunch of losers and all Tebow had was a human rummage sale for support...toss in a drunk owner that is broke and a coaching staff and VP that did everything they could to sabotage his career because they were afraid he'd win games for them and one can clearly see that you theory is preposterous! (sarcasm)

Blueflame
12-27-2012, 12:10 PM
It's not rocket science... any player who consistently sucks in practice during the week... is not going to be named the starter on Sunday.

BroncoBeavis
12-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Giving up points of 15 10 13 13 10 are the reason those games were won. Had ANY of those 5 games gone 20 points the broncos would've lost. Sorry but its hard giving credit to a QB going 2-8 in a winning game.

Holy double standard. We put up 23 against the Pats last December and would've had more if not for piss-poor ball protection. But you repeatedly hang that game on Tebow.

Never mind that Peyton only put up 21 against them this year. Yet that was a "team loss"

Tebow was inconsistent. Not surprising, but that's about all that can be said definitively over such a short timeframe.

BroncoBeavis
12-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Maybe you remember Vince Young, then? As a rookie, he took over an 0-3 team and led them to an 8-5 finish. Even now he's still 31-19 in his career as a starter. Yet, no one wants him to start for them. I wonder why? Could it be that the reasons for wins and losses are often more complex than who lined up under center? Hell, Kyle Orton was 27-12 after his first 39 starts (~2.5 seasons worth).

Vince had a little more going on than his W-L record. Ask Jeff Fisher.

BroncoBeavis
12-27-2012, 12:36 PM

Pretty much not true. Just about every one of today's top long-term QBs struggled their first 16 games. I can't think of any outside of maybe Brady or Big Ben that didn't go 0-3 at some point in their first campaign. 4, or 5, or even 6 game losing streaks aren't at all uncommon with rook QB's.... with plenty of ****ty qb play on display.

DBroncos4life
12-27-2012, 12:44 PM
How good are you really when Jacksonville is your BEST hope to showcase your skills? :rofl:

BroncoInferno
12-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Pretty much not true. Just about every one of today's top long-term QBs struggled their first 16 games. I can't think of any outside of maybe Brady or Big Ben that didn't go 0-3 at some point in their first campaign. 4, or 5, or even 6 game losing streaks aren't at all uncommon with rook QB's.... with plenty of ****ty qb play on display.

Of course, most "long-term QBs" struggled. I guess you missed the point. Most QBs do not develop into long-term QBs at all. They are more likely to become a Brady Quinn rather than a Tom Brady. In other words, you are only comparing Tebow to the success stories when you should be comparing him to the field at large. Get it now?

BroncoInferno
12-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Vince had a little more going on than his W-L record. Ask Jeff Fisher.

The point is that even with a 2-3 season sample size to work with you can't simply rely on W-L record when gaging the long-term viability of a QB. I like how you conveniently ignored Orton's early success from a W-L perspective. Hell, look at Mark Sanchez. He won 4 playoff games his first two seasons while compiling a 19-12 regular season record (23-14 including playoffs).

BroncoBeavis
12-27-2012, 01:22 PM
The point is that even with a 2-3 season sample size to work with you can't simply rely on W-L record when gaging the long-term viability of a QB. I like how you conveniently ignored Orton's early success from a W-L perspective. Hell, look at Mark Sanchez. He won 4 playoff games his first two seasons while compiling a 19-12 regular season record (23-14 including playoffs).

You're morphing the debate somewhat. The point is that most teams don't pull the plug on a green high-draft-pick who went 8-6 in the regular season. And then showed a few moments of brilliance in the playoffs. I think most Teboners wouldn't say anything at this point beyond "The Jury is Still Out. But he deserves another shot."

And Orton's a bad example for your argument, not mine. Did anyone cut him off after 16 games, saying he was never going to be NFL material?

No, even after the Bears gave up on him after 5 years, we brought him in to give him another shot. And at the time the Errandistas were running around saying "All he does is W-W-Win Baby!" Ironic as all get-out. But now they stand around in their circle buttercupping each other because they think their **** doesn't stink. LOL

DENVERDUI55
12-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Tebow goes to Jax, then ___________, then_________, etc.

BroncoInferno
12-27-2012, 01:28 PM
You're morphing the debate somewhat. The point is that most teams don't pull the plug on a green high-draft-pick who went 8-6 in the regular season. And then showed a few moments of brilliance in the playoffs. I think most Teboners wouldn't say anything at this point beyond "The Jury is Still Out. But he deserves another shot."

And Orton's a bad example for your argument, not mine. Did anyone cut him off after 16 games, saying he was never going to be NFL material?

No, even after the Bears gave up on him after 5 years, we brought him in to give him another shot. And at the time the Errandistas were running around saying "All he does is W-W-Win Baby!" Ironic as all get-out. But now they stand around in their circle buttercupping each other because they think their **** doesn't stink. LOL

If your argument is nothing more than "Tebow deserves a fair shot somewhere," then you'll get no disagreement from me. My only point is that the early success from a W-L perspective is in no way an indicator of long-term viability, and comparing his struggles with the early struggles of the leagues top QBs is merely anecdotal, and a broader comparison to the field at large suggests that those successful outcomes are outliers rather than typical.

Drek
12-27-2012, 01:28 PM
BS,tebow was given every opportunity to succeed in Denver. They changed everything on the offense to accomadate him.he never showed any improvement & was traded.
Ryan traded for tebow to run a wildcat offense, & was told he would be the backup. In practice he never improved and as such he was not given the starting spot.

Oh, so we ran a spread option offense in 2011? Really? Sure as **** didn't look like that to me.

Also, Tebow was told he'd run some wildcat and be involved in various other packages while they had he and Sanchez compete, with Tebow as the #2 to open camp. Tebow hasn't officially lost the #2 job but now they're starting McElroy, yet you're arguing that Rex Ryan wasn't disingenuous in his original pitch?

Your hate for Teebs clouds your ability to make rational observations.

DBroncos4life
12-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Oh, so we ran a spread option offense in 2011? Really? Sure as **** didn't look like that to me.

Also, Tebow was told he'd run some wildcat and be involved in various other packages while they had he and Sanchez compete, with Tebow as the #2 to open camp. Tebow hasn't officially lost the #2 job but now they're starting McElroy, yet you're arguing that Rex Ryan wasn't disingenuous in his original pitch?

Your hate for Teebs clouds your ability to make rational observations.

McElroy is hurt and Sanchez is starting next week. This is no different then what happened to Brady Quinn in Denver.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 01:39 PM
What is he 8-6 as a starter? 6-8 if Marion barber wasn't an idiot and Miami knew how recover a kick.
So that means Vince Young should still be playing? Cause he's won way more than tebow. Better win loss percentage.

Your arguement is ridiculous when you state there not enough play time to critique tebow, yet hold the arguement he's already won in that same exact frame time. Bad QBs don't win long term in the NFL.

that was not my argument. Perhaps you are incapable of following because you are retarded?

put on your earmuffs so that you feel safe and try to read this slowly;

There is not enough of a sample size to say anything about Tebow other than he has proven he CAN win and that he struggles to pass. Saying he is no good is something only a window licker would say, like you.

Those of us who don't think Barney is a real Dinosaur understand that Tebow is raw and needs to improve, but that there is more than enough evidence to give him more playing time. and THAT IS THE ISSUE. Because he sucks in practice, playing time is hard to achieve.

BUT, the lack of playing time has nothing to do with his in game production...and if it did, Rex Ryan is as retarded as you are.

here is a scenario for you, corky...

Player A is a heisman trophy winning Qb who has a winning record in one season worth of starts including a playoff victory...

Does player A deserve more playing time, or should he be a FB .

now pretend you aren't a complete vapid moron and try not to say "but the ball look wrong when throwing guy make football pass" and really, objectively look at the situation.

Does in game success(which again, only a retard would argue that Tebow has not had) matter more than how he looks in practice or to the retarded person's eye?

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Nobody is arguing for Sanchez....and I agree Sanchez sucks. Having said that, how poorly can he play and still keep his job as a starting QB?

I guess the answer is all he wants if Tebow is the alternative.

Here is were you window lickers crack me up the most.

Your logic is as follows.

1. Rex Ryan does not think Tebow should start.

2.Tebow, therefore is not good enough too start.

3. THe guy who Ryan keeps starting sucks.

4. Tebow must really really suck.

An objective person would like at it like this.

1.Rex Ryan does not think Tebow should start

2. Rex Ryan thinks Sanchez gives him the best chance to win.

3. MArk Sanchez has 50 turnovers in just over one and a half seasons

4. Rex Ryan does not understand quarterback play, and therefore anyone who thinks the fact that he wont play Tebow is an indication of Tebow, and not the guy who keeps starting the nfl leading turnover prone ORton like loser.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 01:48 PM

I think once you disappear for days and try to kill yourself, that probably affects your ability to lead?

next?

I forgot how much fun killing these debates was...I missed it.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Of course, most "long-term QBs" struggled. I guess you missed the point. Most QBs do not develop into long-term QBs at all. They are more likely to become a Brady Quinn rather than a Tom Brady. In other words, you are only comparing Tebow to the success stories when you should be comparing him to the field at large. Get it now?

yes, and the difference is the guys that work hard...read the interviews...that is the difference. Tebow works hard, and he will improve. But his abilities as a pocket passer will always be bad because he is not talented in that way. He brings a lot more with his legs, and a coach could win with him.

BroncoInferno
12-27-2012, 01:52 PM
I think once you disappear for days and try to kill yourself, that probably affects your ability to lead?

next?

I forgot how much fun killing these debates was...I missed it.

Nice how you skipped over Orton and his early W-L record success. Even Mark Sanchez won 4 playoff games his first two seasons and 23 games overall during that span. You aren't "killing" anything, just making simple-minded arguments that don't hold up under scutiny.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 01:54 PM

again, another win for me.

was MArk Sanchez benched after his first season? Vince young? any qb with Tebow like success had a chance to prove themselves.

let me put it this way... do you honestly think Tebow has had enough time to prove whether or not he can play? you think he played poorly enough in 16 starts to be on the bench?

can any of you haters honestly say yes to these questions?

of course not. Because it is you guys that are the zombie crowd, not us.

I want tebow to have another season to see whether or not he can improve. if not, then he can go to the CFl or be a FB..

right now, even his most passionate haters can't feel that he has been given enough of a shot.

he has started ONE game since throwing for 300 yards in the playoff game.

ONE ****ING GAME!

how can you guys type with a straight face, let alone, how do you not hide your heads in shame?

especially as the lot of you accuses others of being irrational!!!!

it is all there.... you guys are wrong, face it.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 01:56 PM
If your argument is nothing more than "Tebow deserves a fair shot somewhere," then you'll get no disagreement from me. My only point is that the early success from a W-L perspective is in no way an indicator of long-term viability, and comparing his struggles with the early struggles of the leagues top QBs is merely anecdotal, and a broader comparison to the field at large suggests that those successful outcomes are outliers rather than typical.

that has always been all of our points. thank god for you... now go back to the zombie room and tell your friends Errand and that muppet guy to take a walk and and come back when they aren't retarded. Thanks brosef.

BroncoInferno
12-27-2012, 01:56 PM
yes, and the difference is the guys that work hard...read the interviews...that is the difference. Tebow works hard, and he will improve.

That's only your opinion. What do you know about the work ethic of Brady Quinn, Tim Couch or any other QB who didn't cut it? Work ethic is certainly an important factor in long-term success, but it's not the only factor and in any case can't be quantified for the purposes of this discussion and is therefore a meaningless point.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Nice how you skipped over Orton and his early W-L record success. Even Mark Sanchez won 4 playoff games his first two seasons and 23 games overall during that span. You aren't "killing" anything, just making simple-minded arguments that don't hold up under scutiny.

lol. yOu didn't let me finish:)

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 01:58 PM
That's only your opinion. What do you know about the work ethic of Brady Quinn, Tim Couch or any other QB who didn't cut it? Work ethic is certainly an important factor in long-term success, but it's not the only factor and in any case can't be quantified for the purposes of this discussion and is therefore a meaningless point.

Fair enough. Then I will drop the work ethic post out of the debate.

BroncoInferno
12-27-2012, 02:05 PM
that has always been all of our points. thank god for you... now go back to the zombie room and tell your friends Errand and that muppet guy to take a walk and and come back when they aren't retarded. Thanks brosef.

Well, that's well and good, but I do think it's a little nuts to downplay the importance of practice in the equation. It makes it easy to rip a guy like Rex Ryan. But I'd guess that 99 times out of 100, the guys who performs better in practices also performs better in actual games, so it's easy to sympathize with Ryan's dillemma. Maybe Tebow is that rarity who is significantly and consistently better when the real bullets are flying, but is that something you'd be willing to bank your career on? Now, it's my opinion that when your QB is as bad as Mark Sanchez, there isn't much to lose in giving Tebow a shot. If it were me making the decisions, I'd say "what the hell, let's see if he's any better." But that's easy for me to say when my job isn't on the line. If Tebow is as horrid in practice as is alleged, then it's a little harder to say "OMG Rex is so stupid!!111!!!"

yerner
12-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Where's the Dennis Dixon thread?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-27-2012, 02:11 PM
So anyone that doesn't agree with you is a retard. Sounds like a bitter liberal with no real direction. Keep chasing the dream that he's gonna be as good as all these other QBs hes being compared to in the early stages of their careers.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Well, that's well and good, but I do think it's a little nuts to downplay the importance of practice in the equation. It makes it easy to rip a guy like Rex Ryan. But I'd guess that 99 times out of 100, the guys who performs better in practices also performs better in actual games, so it's easy to sympathize with Ryan's dillemma. Maybe Tebow is that rarity who is significantly and consistently better when the real bullets are flying, but is that something you'd be willing to bank your career on? Now, it's my opinion that when your QB is as bad as Mark Sanchez, there isn't much to lose in giving Tebow a shot. If it were me making the decisions, I'd say "what the hell, let's see if he's any better." But that's easy for me to say when my job isn't on the line. If Tebow is as horrid in practice as is alleged, then it's a little harder to say "OMG Rex is so stupid!!111!!!"

Agreed. but, with the playoffs out of the way, why not let the guy who HAS PERFORMED get a shot even if ****ty in practice? Mcelroy? come on? That was absurd.

It lends itself that Ryan is a moron just purely on that.

BroncoInferno
12-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Agreed. but, with the playoffs out of the way, why not let the guy who HAS PERFORMED get a shot even if ****ty in practice? Mcelroy? come on? That was absurd.

Yeah, but it's kind of a no-win for Ryan. After all, as others have pointed out, what if Tebow comes in and pulls a couple of meaningless wins out of his ass? Now the narrative of the season is out of Ryan's control. Critics will say, "Wow, how dumb was Ryan to stick with Sanchez when he could have won with Tebow!" As things stand, Ryan has a bit more narrative control. He can just say things didn't work out with Tebow and there isn't anything to really cast doubt on that other than speculation. Also, if Tebow gets two wins, he's probably stuck with him come hell or highwater in 2013. You think the owner is going to let him dump Tebow if he comes in and has some success and generates excitement with the fanbase? Elway only got away with it because he landed Manning.

BroncoBeavis
12-27-2012, 02:23 PM
"OMG Rex is so stupid!!111!!!"

Exhibit B. Just last March (this offseason), Rex and Co signed Mark Sanchez to a 5-year $60 million/$20 guaranteed contract.

If the shoe fits? OMG... Rex is so stupid.

Blueflame
12-27-2012, 04:00 PM

Because in the NFL, guys who suck in practice are not rewarded with expanded playing time on Sundays. It just.doesn't.happen.that.way.

A player who wants to earn playing time cannot afford to suck in practice because practice is where guys convince the coaches that they have the ability to help the team win. If you don't do that, you get buried on the bench. Just the way it is.

BroncoBeavis
12-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Because in the NFL, guys who suck in practice are not rewarded with expanded playing time on Sundays. It just.doesn't.happen.that.way.

A player who wants to earn playing time cannot afford to suck in practice because practice is where guys convince the coaches that they have the ability to help the team win. If you don't do that, you get buried on the bench. Just the way it is.

Yeah McElroy practiced so well he was kept inactive 90% of the time.