PDA

View Full Version : Tebow to Jacksonville?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Where was all this help at 1-4?

Somewhere around "Below average" LOL

Beantown Bronco
01-03-2013, 11:09 AM

Just to bust balls: how exactly was Tebow the catalyst for ALL of our success last year if we had a win before he even took the field?

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Just to bust balls: how exactly was Tebow the catalyst for ALL of our success last year if we had a win before he even took the field?

What's amazing (and pathetic) is that that's the most salient point made against my argument thus far.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 11:13 AM
I don't think you understand the idea of "catalyst".

I understand the term catalyst. I also understand the phrase "all success". You think barber ran out of bounds and fumbled on purpose cause he liked tebow? You think rivers was amped on a pregame speech before that raider game? Those 2 things helped in the broncos making the playoffs(success). NONE of that tebow had control of.

errand
01-03-2013, 11:16 AM
I don't think you understand the idea of "catalyst".

So was the catalyst of our 1-4 start Kyle Orton?

And if so, then couldn't one also argue Tebow was the catalyst of our 0-3 finish that almost cost us the playoffs?

One could also argue the catalyst of our 7-1 streak was the return to health of DJ and Doom which also coincided with the team winning 7 of their first 8 with Tebow at QB

One could also argue the catalyst was McCoy and Fox completely revamping the offense to fit Tebow's strength of running the ball because after they did, we won 6 straight....

See you can't have it both ways....if Tebow was the reason for our success in 2011, then he also was the reason for our lack of it down the stretch. correct?

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Why would you ever care more about regular season stats than playoff stats? There's no objective scenario where that makes any sense.

And sorry, but there's no better example of your double standard than the 2-8 (KC game) vs 6-8 (this season) comparisons. You've personally used the former as evidence of something, yet laugh at others for talking about the latter.

You literally play the very same selective sampling games you criticize others for. Let's just cut the crap and boil this down to what it is. Teebsuxfrospyros.

Bull****. 2-8 during a game flat out sucks. Means there is absolutely zero passing threat in a game. It also magnifies how much he tried to run first instead of going through his progressions Hyping 6-8 over the course of a year? Come on. I can pick the other games on his completion attempts ratio too.

Or I can just use his entire 2011 stat. 126-271

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Let's try to come together here.

Think back to KO's season opener V the Raiders last year. 10 points were scored by KO's offense. 10 points were scored off of KO's turnovers.

The biggest single difference when it comes to W/L's, if we're being honest, wasn't Tebow on the field so much as Kyle off of it.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Let's try to come together here.

Think back to KO's season opener V the Raiders last year. 10 points were scored by KO's offense. 10 points were scored off of KO's turnovers.

The biggest single difference when it comes to W/L's, if we're being honest, wasn't Tebow on the field so much as Kyle off of it.

Ill give you that. Ortons kneecap being off the field prevented fumble opportunities.

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 11:23 AM
See you can't have it both ways....if Tebow was the reason for our success in 2011, then he also was the reason for our lack of it down the stretch. correct?
Correct. I'm not asking to have it both ways. See how easy that is?

errand
01-03-2013, 11:23 AM

...I dunno, guess the same place it was when we started 2-3 this season.

As I stated earlier...Doom and DJ weren't 100% healthy in the first 5 games...after the bye week, they were. Thanks for strengthening my argument.:wave:

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 11:26 AM
...I dunno, guess the same place it was when we started 2-3 this season.

As I stated earlier...Doom and DJ weren't 100% healthy in the first 5 games...after the bye week, they were. Thanks for strengthening my argument.:wave:

Only in a brain like yours does Peyton's rust strengthen your case for not giving Tebow Credit.

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Bull****. 2-8 during a game flat out sucks. Means there is absolutely zero passing threat in a game. Hyping 6-8 over the course of a year? Come on. I can pick the other games on his completion attempts ratio too.

Yes, 2-8 during a game does suck. But it's far too small a sample to cast judgment on the quality of a QB. Say the word. I bet I can find similar streaks from virtually any blue chip QB in the league.

Not even mentioning that just from memory...at least one of those, possibly more, was a blatant drop. If two of those 8 were drops, does your case fall apart? In any case, 8 passes is a ridiculous window from which to draw any conclusion.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Yes, 2-8 during a game does suck. But it's far too small a sample to cast judgment on the quality of a QB. Say the word. I bet I can find similar streaks from virtually any blue chip QB in the league.

Not even mentioning that just from memory...at least one of those, possibly more, was a blatant drop. If two of those 8 were drops, does your case fall apart? In any case, 8 passes is a ridiculous window from which to draw any conclusion.

Maybe if we look back and see how many passing plays resulted in him running. I know there were more passing plays called in that game besides 10. See this is what gets lost. Dropping back for a pass yet looking to run instead of actually passing or looking to pass.

2KBack
01-03-2013, 11:34 AM

I've maintained that the first 5 games last season are not quite what they seem. It east to say, you are what your record is, but that isn't always the case (see our 2-3 record this year after 5 games). The biggest Catalyst last season was going ultra conservative and an improved defense.

The offense was actually better in the first 5 games of 2011 than in the final 11. 21 points per game v. 18.5 points per game. The defense on the other hand allowed 28 points per game v. 22.7 for the rest of the season. 2 of those games were lost by field goals.

Orton wasn't going to make some of the more miraculous plays I don't think, but I do think that the early struggles were more about the team gelling than just one player, and that the team would have improved even without the QB switch.

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Maybe if we look back and see how many passing plays resulted in him running. I know there were more passing plays called in that game besides 10. See this is what gets lost. Dropping back for a pass yet looking to run instead of actually passing or looking to pass.

That might matter some. Then again, it's not like everything that happened when Tebow scrambled was universally bad.

It's easy to overlook in Tebow's impact that he became the 2nd leading rusher, and took a bottom-10 rushing game and made it #1.

There's no stretch of the imagination that allows anyone to think this was a wash when it came to winning games (when compared to Kyle)

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 11:47 AM
The biggest Catalyst last season was going ultra conservative and an improved defense.What was the reason for the switch in offense. What was the catalyst for the suddenly improved defense?

Tombstone RJ
01-03-2013, 11:51 AM
TT was such a breath of fresh air compared to the stank of KO. Gotta love the teebs for that!

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 11:56 AM
I've maintained that the first 5 games last season are not quite what they seem. It east to say, you are what your record is, but that isn't always the case (see our 2-3 record this year after 5 games). The biggest Catalyst last season was going ultra conservative and an improved defense.

The offense was actually better in the first 5 games of 2011 than in the final 11. 21 points per game v. 18.5 points per game. The defense on the other hand allowed 28 points per game v. 22.7 for the rest of the season. 2 of those games were lost by field goals.

Orton wasn't going to make some of the more miraculous plays I don't think, but I do think that the early struggles were more about the team gelling than just one player, and that the team would have improved even without the QB switch.

Turnovers were key. Kyle had 9 in 4.5 games. Tim had 12 in 11.5 games. And 6 of those came during the last two fugly regular season games. The defense would've look a lot better those first 5 games without our QB leading the league in turnovers.

errand
01-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Only in a brain like yours does Peyton's rust strengthen your case for not giving Tebow Credit.

It's not a case about "not giving Tebow credit"... I've said numerous times he was part of our making the playoffs....meaning he was a reason, not the only reason like you and your cronies think. I never said he wasn't a part of the reason.

It's a case for the 2011 defense stepping up and playing well for the better part of the season (Doom and DJ finally getting healthy, timely turnovers, etc) that was the catalyst for our season turnaround.....Tebow and the offense put them in many a bad situation not being able to convert nary a 3rd down...turning the ball over 3-4 times vs. Patriots and Bills, and twice vs. Chiefs when the D held them to 7 measly points......

you for some reason think the defense keeping the game close while Tebow fumbled, bumbled and stumbled about for 55 minutes of it had nothing to do with it.

errand
01-03-2013, 12:34 PM
What was the reason for the switch in offense. What was the catalyst for the suddenly improved defense?

[] The switch in the offense was a necessity as the new starting QB wasn't as good a passer as the former.

[] Dumerville and DJ Williams were injured most of the first 5 games...they came back healthier and stronger, and the defense during that 7-1 run was allowing almost 11 points per game less than they were prior as they doubled the sacks per game total from 1.7 to 3.4....

[] they also generated more timely turnovers during it, like goodman's INT that set up Prater's game winner to beat Minnesota...coupled with the offense not turning it over (which I gave Tebow props for BTW) we were winning the turnover battle. they also were making big plays and stops when we needed them to...look at the Jet's game, between our d and ST's, Tebow and the O was spending alot of time at or near midfield.

[] Colquitt was punting at a pro bowl level as well during the 7-1 run....he constantly was pinning opposing offenses deep inside their territory.

[] Prater was clutch as well, making several big time kicks that tied or won 4 of them.

[] Decker helped us out by catching 4 TD's during the streak, and when he tailed off towards the end, Thomas started stepping up his game.

[] the coaching staff saw their young raw QB struggling with the passing game, and changed the O to protect him by running the ball more than normal, and while they weren't without fault, they also called enough good plays to help us win 7 of Tebow's 11 starts in regular season.

so again, while Tebow was A REASON...he was not THE REASON the Broncos went 7-1 in his first 8 starts this season

2KBack
01-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Turnovers were key. Kyle had 9 in 4.5 games. Tim had 12 in 11.5 games. And 6 of those came during the last two fugly regular season games. The defense would've look a lot better those first 5 games without our QB leading the league in turnovers.

Turnovers were certainly a factor, but reduction is partially attributed to the change on the offense though. As the team got on the same page int's likely would have gone down....and had Tebow passed more than 10 times a game his int's probably would have increased.

I'm not sure what they were thinking at the switch, but it seemed like they pushed the panic button. The offense wasn't coming along fast enough for them to feel they would be competitive, so it was time to see what Tim could offer. Neither fit what they wanted, and both were let go.

I honestly don't think they expected to be as competitive as it turned out. They weren't trying to lose by playing Tebow, but I don't think it was as much seeing him as the best chance to win, but seeing if he should stick around.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 01:07 PM

Ya but how many of his fumbles were recovered by the broncos? The guy had 13 fumbles in 11 games for Christ sake

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Ya but how many of his fumbles were recovered by the broncos? The guy had 13 fumbles in 11 games for Christ sake

That'd be like arguing that Kyle should've had more picks because more than a couple were dropped.

If's and but's.

2KBack
01-03-2013, 01:17 PM
That'd be like arguing that Kyle should've had more picks because more than a couple were dropped.

If's and but's.

Not really...if a player puts the ball on the ground 10+ times a year, it's called having a fumbling problem, no matter who recovers them. Different animals.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 01:26 PM

If's and but's.

Are you really comparing a dropped int with a fumble? There's NO excuse for 13 fumbles

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 01:29 PM
It's not a case about "not giving Tebow credit"... I've said numerous times he was part of our making the playoffs.

Umm...that's exactly what it is. He was far more than a part of it.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-03-2013, 01:29 PM
hey the broncos are 13-3 got homefield thru the playoffs jets well theyre scrubs just letting ya know

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 01:35 PM
hey the broncos are 13-3 got homefield thru the playoffs jets well theyre scrubs just letting ya know

I submit this as evidence that technology is making people idiotic.

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Are you really comparing a dropped int with a fumble? There's NO excuse for 13 fumbles

No, I'm comparing a dropped int with a non-recovered fumble. Same result. Not saying fumbling wasn't a problem at all. It was becoming more of a problem towards the end. But you're essentially arguing that teams missed more turnover 'opportunities' against Tebow, but then only look at one type of 'opportunity'

A running QB will fumble more than a pocket sloth. That much is given.

BTW, RG3 dropped 12 this year. Lost only 2.

2KBack
01-03-2013, 02:00 PM
No, I'm comparing a dropped int with a non-recovered fumble. Same result. Not saying fumbling wasn't a problem at all. It was becoming more of a problem towards the end. But you're essentially arguing that teams missed more turnover 'opportunities' against Tebow, but then only look at one type of 'opportunity'

You can bet ball security will become an issue for RGIII as well. Fumbles eventually catch up with you. (see Vick, Michael)

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 02:01 PM

So did we include how many dropped ints tebow had? I'm not getting this arguement. A fumble is a fumble. A potential int that never happens isn't even counted as a stat, well it counts as an incomplete. And that's a problem for RG3.

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 03:28 PM
So did we include how many dropped ints tebow had? I'm not getting this arguement. A fumble is a fumble.

If you want apples to apples, you should include all of it. If you want to talk about turnover 'risk' vs just turnovers, you should count every time the QB puts the ball within the other team's reach. Because that's all that matters. Otherwise you're saying that Orton could've bounced the ball off 10 defenders' chests, but it wasn't as big a deal as Tebow fumbling it out of bounds once at the end of a 15 yard run. If KO made a play like that at altitude he probably would've spontaneously dropped the ball from lack of oxygen. and keeled over. :)

Anyway, it's obviously hard to compare turnover 'risk'. so most people just rely on actual turnovers instead of theoretically possible turnovers.

You could argue that that doesn't account for luck. But then again, Tebow was less 'lucky' in losing fumbles than say RG3 or Cam were this year. And you don't hear too many people bitching about them putting the ball on the ground a ton.

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 04:00 PM
This isn't really so much about the debate (which I'm tired of anyway :)) as I just thought it was interesting...

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2012/adjusted-interceptions-2011

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-03-2013, 07:08 PM
broncos are 13-3 and you people are stuck on Tebow still why is that
homefield advantage thru the playoffs yet you are stuck on tebow
explain this unhealthy obsession.
ok teebs is a great guy super nice and a uber christian but that dont make one a excellent qb .

oubronco
01-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Forget Tebow we got Plan A Bittches!!!

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site513/2012/1015/20121015_105926_16manningbroncos_500.jpg

maven
01-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Thread is about all things Tebow. Lets keep to it.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-50e5abe8/turbine/la-sp-sn-tim-tebow-benched-20130103-001/600

maven
01-03-2013, 07:38 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-tim-tebow-benched-20130103,0,5431537.story

Tim Tebow mannequin benched in Dick's Sporting Goods display

Butterscotch Stallion
01-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Does the sanchez dummy butt fumble?

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Forget Tebow we got Plan A Bittches!!!

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site513/2012/1015/20121015_105926_16manningbroncos_500.jpg

hells yeah and we will go all the way to the superbowl .
sorry tebow god decided we needed manning not you by god i sorta mean Elway.
in a way he was your football god

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Broncos' Peyton Manning in wait to see if Colts' Andrew Luck will be playoff opponent

as the exclamation point to close out a believe-it-or-not story. "The energy, the excitement is there, you can feel it in the building," Pagano told reporters in Indianapolis on Wednesday.
Asked about all of the trials, tribulations and changes the Colts have undergone during the past year, Pagano said: "Nothing shocks me any more."
The Colts released one of the franchise's Mount Rushmore players in Manning, drafted Luck, turned over almost the entire roster in the most extreme of makeovers, dealt with Pagano's illness, had an interim coach for most of the season — offensive coordinator Bruce Arians — and finished 11-5.
The Broncos won the Manning Derby in the offseason, traded Tim Tebow, tossed the read-option playbook in the garbage can, created a new playbook that suited Manning, put their defense in Jack Del Rio's hands and haven't lost a game since Oct. 7, after a 2-3 start.

Read more: Broncos' Peyton Manning in wait to see if Colts' Andrew Luck will be playoff opponent - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22301088/broncos-now-wait-see-if-luck-is-draw#ixzz2GyalbKfN) http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22301088/broncos-now-wait-see-if-luck-is-draw#ixzz2GyalbKfN
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

broncocalijohn
01-03-2013, 09:21 PM
broncos are 13-3 and you people are stuck on Tebow still why is that
homefield advantage thru the playoffs yet you are stuck on tebow
explain this unhealthy obsession.
ok teebs is a great guy super nice and a uber christian but that dont make one a excellent qb .

How many posts Dan_Bronco_Fan has posted in this thread about Tebow?

Good job Dan! :curtsey:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?searchid=94074

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-04-2013, 02:16 AM
How many posts Dan_Bronco_Fan has posted in this thread about Tebow?

Good job Dan! :curtsey:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?searchid=94074

this thread needs more 13-3 bronco talk heres a lil something about jdr
While interest can still develop, it appears the Denver Broncos will have their defensive coordinator returning for the first time in seven years.

Denver defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio told reporters Thursday he has not had any interviews for head coaching jobs set up yet. Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy has interest from four teams and has interviews set for this weekend while the Broncos are on their bye during the playoffs.

Del Rio has been wildly successful in his first season as Denverís defensive coordinator. Denver finished No. 2 in the NFL in defense this season. It was 20th last season and 32nd two years ago. Del Rio is Denverís seventh defensive coordinator in seven years.

Many people thought Del Rio, fired as head coach in Jacksonville in 2011, might draw interest this offseason. Del Rio said he is not surprised he has not been contacted and seems fine with it.

ďYou never know how things are going to shake out, this year or any other year,Ē Del Rio said. ďFrom my standpoint, I think itís an honor to be involved in this league, playing and coaching, as long as I have. I really do believe that this gameís given me a lot more than Iíve been able to give it, I really do believe that, but Iíll keep trying. Iím having fun doing what Iím doing now, and if opportunities come in the future, Iíll look at them, but right now Iím 100 percent trying to help these Broncos go win a championship.Ē
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/69729/broncos-may-keep-jack-del-rio

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-04-2013, 02:19 AM
Is John Elway executive of the year? (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/69241/is-john-elway-executive-of-the-year)

December, 28, 2012 12/28/12
7:15
PM ET

<cite class="byline"> By Bill Williamson (http://search.espn.go.com/bill-williamson/) | ESPN.com</cite>

Denver quarterback Peyton Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1428/peyton-manning) and linebacker Von Miller (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13976/von-miller) are not the only members of the franchise who will be candidates for major awards after this special season.

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/teamlogos/nfl/med/trans/den.gifAdd football leader John Elway to the mix. AFC South blogger Paul Kuharsky polled an ESPN panel for the their choice for executive of the year (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/45535/espn-panel-picks-nfl-executive-of-the-year). In it, Elway was edged by Seattle’s John Schneider.

I voted for Elway because few moves he has made have been wrong. Of course, it starts with the signing of Manning. I know the argument is anyone can try to sign Manning, and recognizing Manning’s importance isn’t all that’s special. True.

But Elway is the reason why Manning chose Denver. So, Elway gets credit for bringing him to Denver. There were plenty of teams that wanted Manning. Elway won the sweepstakes, and he deserves kudos. He also added several key pieces, whether on the coaching staff or on the roster. Remember, two years ago, Elway inherited a 4-12 team that was No. 32 in the NFL in defense.

It is now 12-3, No. 3 in the NFL on defense and considered a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-04-2013, 02:19 AM
so now its 12 times i posted here about something thats not tebow

GreatBronco16
01-04-2013, 05:16 AM
so now its 12 times i posted here about something thats not tebow

In a thread that is about Tebow. Listen, if you're tired of reading about this, then simply don't click on the thread to open it. Bump one of the other threads that has nothing to do about Tebow. Why is this hard for you to understand?

Bacchus
01-04-2013, 05:23 AM
this thread needs more 13-3 bronco talk heres a lil something about jdr
While interest can still develop, it appears the Denver Broncos will have their defensive coordinator returning for the first time in seven years.

Denver defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio told reporters Thursday he has not had any interviews for head coaching jobs set up yet. Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy has interest from four teams and has interviews set for this weekend while the Broncos are on their bye during the playoffs.

Del Rio has been wildly successful in his first season as Denverís defensive coordinator. Denver finished No. 2 in the NFL in defense this season. It was 20th last season and 32nd two years ago. Del Rio is Denverís seventh defensive coordinator in seven years.

Many people thought Del Rio, fired as head coach in Jacksonville in 2011, might draw interest this offseason. Del Rio said he is not surprised he has not been contacted and seems fine with it.

ďYou never know how things are going to shake out, this year or any other year,Ē Del Rio said. ďFrom my standpoint, I think itís an honor to be involved in this league, playing and coaching, as long as I have. I really do believe that this gameís given me a lot more than Iíve been able to give it, I really do believe that, but Iíll keep trying. Iím having fun doing what Iím doing now, and if opportunities come in the future, Iíll look at them, but right now Iím 100 percent trying to help these Broncos go win a championship.Ē
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/69729/broncos-may-keep-jack-del-rio

It really looks like JDR will be in Denver at least one more year, that is awesome. I doubt he is going to want to miss out on the REPEAT!!!

2KBack
01-04-2013, 06:21 AM
Does the sanchez dummy butt fumble?

So much, he would lead the league (like Timmy did last season) if it weren't for Philip Rivers.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-04-2013, 09:22 AM
So much, he would lead the league (like Timmy did last season) if it weren't for Philip Rivers.

That's sad for a couple of veterans.

BroncoBeavis
01-04-2013, 09:30 AM
he would lead the league (like Timmy did last season)

That's sad for a couple of veterans.

It's also false.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24797/gamelog?year=2011

2KBack
01-04-2013, 09:35 AM
It's also false.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24797/gamelog?year=2011

Ummmmm....Gabbert and Tebow both had 14 fumbles....tied for the lead still counts as leading the league.

Here...easy reference...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/fumbles_year_by_year.htm

Requiem
01-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Just ignore Beavis. He plays Devil's Advocate and contrarian for the Hell of it. He is just trollin'.

BroncoBeavis
01-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Ummmmm....Gabbert and Tebow both had 14 fumbles....tied for the lead still counts as leading the league.

Here...easy reference...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/fumbles_year_by_year.htm

Guess we're working with separate data.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24000/gamelog?year=2011

But I had 12 in my mind for some reason which was wrong either way.

2KBack
01-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Guess we're working with separate data.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24000/gamelog?year=2011

But I had 12 in my mind for some reason which was wrong either way.

RGIII had 12 this season, which is probably where that comes from. He needs to learn to protect the ball when he is scrambling....so does Tebow if he ever plays QB again.....Vick never learned that lesson.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-04-2013, 10:26 AM
or do the following he he
He's not the real McCoy, he's the real deal (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/hes-not-the-real-mccoy-hes-the-real-deal-763224.html)
January 4 Chicago Tribune

"Phil Emery said the next coach of the Bears needs to be adaptable to win with the personnel available and Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy has done that with disparate parts such as Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow. A year after the Broncos reached the playoffs and upset the Steelers with Tebow at the helm, they cruised to the No. 1 seed in the AFC and a first-round bye. Emery will interview McCoy here on Sunday as he crisscrosses the country in search of the 14th coach in Bears history. McCoy also is expected to interview with the Bills and Cardinals on Saturday and Eagles on Sunday in a busy two days. He was a finalist for the Dolphins job last year and some projected it was his"

BroncoBeavis
01-04-2013, 10:36 AM
RGIII had 12 this season, which is probably where that comes from. He needs to learn to protect the ball when he is scrambling....so does Tebow if he ever plays QB again.....Vick never learned that lesson.

It's true, but young QB's just fumble alot. Luck dropped 10 this year. So did Cam. Rodgers dropped 10 his first season. Some of it is athletic QB's who fumble while running. Others who fumble a lot are just getting ragdolled a lot (like Phyllis)

I read something interesting awhile back that something like 20% of all sacks end in fumbles. So good protection obviously also limits QB fumbles.

peacepipe
01-08-2013, 04:05 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8826276

Jags bring in Caldwell from atl to be GM,which means malarky is likely getting let go. Considering his history with atl & Indy,I wonder if this hurts tebows chances of going to Jacksonville.

BroncoInferno
01-10-2013, 02:50 PM
The new Jags GM, David Caldwell, pretty emphatically dismisses any interest in Tebow:

"I can't imagine a scenario where he would be a Jacksonville Jaguar," Caldwell said Thursday at his introductory news conference.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8833076/tim-tebow-new-york-jets-not-jacksonville-jaguars-plans-new-gm-says

If true, it makes you wonder if Tebow will even be in the league next season. Hopefully, someone out there will be willing to give him a shot at making their roster if nothing else.

peacepipe
01-10-2013, 02:56 PM
The new Jags GM, David Caldwell, pretty emphatically dismisses any interest in Tebow:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8833076/tim-tebow-new-york-jets-not-jacksonville-jaguars-plans-new-gm-says

If true, it makes you wonder if Tebow will even be in the league next season. Hopefully, someone out there will be willing to give him a shot at making their roster if nothing else.

He's going to have to give up being a QB.

BroncoInferno
01-10-2013, 02:56 PM

Way out on the speculation here, obviously, but can you imagine the boon it would be for an Arena League or CFL franchise to sign Tebow? Arena League already has a new deal for games to be shown on CBS Sports Network...they could probably land some Saturday afternoon games on CBS proper with the viewer interest Tebow would bring. I know I would watch.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Way out on the speculation here, obviously, but can you imagine the boon it would be for an Arena League or CFL franchise to sign Tebow? Arena League already has a new deal for games to be shown on CBS Sports Network...they could probably land some Saturday afternoon games on CBS proper with the viewer interest Tebow would bring. I know I would watch.

that just might work for Tebow, but will Tebow handlers stop being greedy SOB sit Tebow down and tell him the harsh truth. you atm aint A NFL caliber QB

oh and just to tick everyone here off heres a Denver post article about Chris Harris

Of all the outstanding numbers the Broncos' defense put up this season ó for sacks, tackles for a loss, interceptions and touchdowns ó there is another that is perhaps more difficult to accomplish: zero receptions. "That's tough, really tough," said cornerback Champ Bailey. "There are a lot of great players in this league and a lot of great offenses, so if you hold a guy without a catch, that's just tough. It means on that day a lot of people did a lot of things right. Of course, you can't let somebody catch 10 balls the next week. It's about doing things week in and week out, but no catches, you just don't see that."
Zero receptions.
That's what Ravens wide receiver Anquan Boldin had against Chris Harris and the Broncos in Denver's 34-17 victory in Baltimore last month. It was the first time since the 2005 season that Boldin didn't have a catch in a game he appeared in. At one point, he was frustrated enough that he was flagged for an unnecessary roughness penalty in the fourth quarter.

Read more: Broncos' Chris Harris hopes for a repeat performance against Ravens - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22343817/broncos-chris-harris-hopes-repeat-performance-against-ravens?utm_medium=facebook#ixzz2Hc4JMuAH
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-10-2013, 04:15 PM

The door is closing for the boners.

oubronco
01-10-2013, 04:18 PM

Too slow of a windup and release for the quick tempo Arena league

Requiem
01-10-2013, 04:19 PM
. . . and Timothy wept.

peacepipe
01-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Went over to the jets forum, they seem to be glad to get rid of the tebow fan base & the guys over at the jags forum are ecstatic that tebow is not coming.

Br0nc0Buster
01-10-2013, 04:25 PM
At this point if he even is on a team next year I am sure it would be under a condition where he finally changes positions

Pretty bad when other GMs are going out of their way to say they dont want you

NFLBRONCO
01-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Went over to the jets forum, they seem to be glad to get rid of the tebow fan base & the guys over at the jags forum are ecstatic that tebow is not coming.

We tried to warn them

errand
01-10-2013, 04:29 PM

Wow, imagine that......???

peacepipe
01-10-2013, 04:30 PM
We tried to warn them

We definitely did.
I wonder how mcgoober is doing.

errand
01-10-2013, 04:35 PM
The door is closing for the boners.

Prediction...if Tebow is out of the league next season, they'll now claim that even though he isn't playing in the NFL, he paved the way for the RGII's , Colin Kaepernick's, Cam Newton's and Russell Wilson's of the world by revolutionizing the QB position

errand
01-10-2013, 04:39 PM
"I can't imagine a scenario where he would be a Jacksonville Jaguar -- even if he's released," Caldwell said Thursday at his introductory news conference.

Don't worry, I'm sure guys like Beavis will be in here to give him some scenario ideas.....LOL

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-10-2013, 04:56 PM
"I can't imagine a scenario where he would be a Jacksonville Jaguar -- even if he's released," Caldwell said Thursday at his introductory news conference.

Don't worry, I'm sure guys like Beavis will be in here to give him some scenario ideas.....LOL

Ha! Don't forget about the weeps and tears he will shed that somehow Sam Bradford is still a starter and his boy ain't.. Dat Bradford kid jus can't fro spyros

Butterscotch Stallion
01-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Why do coaches hate to lose so much? weird. Oh well. Not my problem.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-10-2013, 06:01 PM

I don't think they have a coach yet.

DBroncos4life
01-10-2013, 06:07 PM
I don't think they have a coach yet.

The blaming of the coaches just hit a epic low.

peacepipe
01-10-2013, 08:45 PM

Denver got rid of tebow,how are they doing when it comes to winning.

peacepipe
01-10-2013, 08:47 PM

They don't,you just can't accept the fact that teblow sucks.

Bacchus
01-10-2013, 08:50 PM

Wow, maybe the Tebow/NFL era is finally over. Time to start preaching full time kid!!!

razorwire77
01-10-2013, 10:36 PM
My prediction is that if Tebow is out of the NFL the Teebjob narrative will switch to something along the lines of "Tim Tebow, was blackballed out of the NFL because of his beliefs."

Of course, the tards will ignore the fact that the majority of the league's players are Christians and that a ton of successful quarterbacks (current and former) like Kurt Warner are just as devout in their beliefs.

The kid might as well just wrap this whole nfl thing up, and jump right into politics. He could probably be a governor or Senator by the time he's in his mid-30's.

Popps
01-10-2013, 10:54 PM
Wow. Lot of venom over a kid who did nothing but provide us one of the most exciting seasons in Broncos history. (Albeit very unconventional.)

I wish him well. Maybe I'm just not plugged in enough anymore to know why I should hate him.

razorwire77
01-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Wow. Lot of venom over a kid who did nothing but provide us one of the most exciting seasons in Broncos history. (Albeit very unconventional.)

I wish him well. Maybe I'm just not plugged in enough anymore to know why I should hate him.
Hate him? No. The majority of posters that I've seen think he's a nice kid and enjoyed last year's improvable ride. With the exception of a few Tebow haters, most people wish him well.

Hate the circus (media echo chamber and nutjob fan) that comes with the Tim Tebow action figure? Absolutely.

At this point, he's basically going to have to make the decision to either do a position shift and try to earn a roster spot through open competition in training camp. Or he's going to have to enter his post NFL political/entertainment career.

My guess is he'll go for the latter.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-10-2013, 11:03 PM

The hate isn't necessarily toward him, but rather his crazy fans.

wolf754life
01-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Tebow is ****ty bad qb, nice guy i guess, if you like fame whores and lacky filled entourage that his brother runs.....

dude does sell a lot of underwear, and to his credit he did pick new york, not for media but for opportunity................

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-11-2013, 12:15 AM
We definitely did.
I wonder how mcgoober is doing.

hope his family hid the razor blades

NUB
01-11-2013, 12:38 AM
Dude is getting Flutie'd -- maybe even Moon'd, but I say that for the laughs. Sanchez sunk a franchise and got people fired from their jobs, but somehow Tebow is worse than that? C'mon. Teams like the Cardinals, Jaguards, Chiefs, going into this rather weak and flimsy QB draft, really should be the ones to try a player out like Tebow. You instantly make defensive, run-heavy teams like the Jets/Chiefs 100% better just by the merit of having a mentally-strong QB who doesn't turn the ball over. Boom. Hand over fist, I would guarantee that would have netted both teams a few extra wins last year regardless if he throws a pass or two into the dirt or the stands. People forget Tebow is a project who has only played 15-16 games. If he develops accuracy (Eli Manning was a 50% passer at this point in his career, for modern comparison) then he'll be an alright dude.

If he doesn't, who cares? It's not like Tebow brings the expensive price tag of the next wunderkind USC project with the mental fortitude of a dead carp.

Drunk Monkey
01-11-2013, 01:02 AM
Dude is getting Flutie'd -- maybe even Moon'd, but I say that for the laughs. Sanchez sunk a franchise and got people fired from their jobs, but somehow Tebow is worse than that? C'mon. Teams like the Cardinals, Jaguards, Chiefs, going into this rather weak and flimsy QB draft, really should be the ones to try a player out like Tebow. You instantly make defensive, run-heavy teams like the Jets/Chiefs 100% better just by the merit of having a mentally-strong QB who doesn't turn the ball over. Boom. Hand over fist, I would guarantee that would have netted both teams a few extra wins last year regardless if he throws a pass or two into the dirt or the stands. People forget Tebow is a project who has only played 15-16 games. If he develops accuracy (Eli Manning was a 50% passer at this point in his career, for modern comparison) then he'll be an alright dude.

If he doesn't, who cares? It's not like Tebow brings the expensive price tag of the next wunderkind USC project with the mental fortitude of a dead carp.

You Mad.

He has had ample opportunity to show professional football people that he has what it takes to QB in the NFL. He has failed to do that. The kid is a bad ass, just not a QB bad ass. He needs to get over himself and make the move to RB.

ol#7
01-11-2013, 02:03 AM
You Mad.

He has had ample opportunity to show professional football people that he has what it takes to QB in the NFL. He has failed to do that. The kid is a bad ass, just not a QB bad ass. He needs to get over himself and make the move to RB.

Unlike EVERY QB drafted by KFC in the last 30 years, Tebow actually has a winning record. It is crazy with as bad as many QB's are in the NFL that there isn't a team willing to give him a ****, and that's just counting the starters. Jesus, Joe Webb makes Tebow look like Montana as a passer in comparison. He has done everything asked of him, while winning, how does that make a project QB a failure?

Drunk Monkey
01-11-2013, 02:39 AM
Unlike EVERY QB drafted by KFC in the last 30 years, Tebow actually has a winning record. It is crazy with as bad as many QB's are in the NFL that there isn't a team willing to give him a ****, and that's just counting the starters. Jesus, Joe Webb makes Tebow look like Montana as a passer in comparison. He has done everything asked of him, while winning, how does that make a project QB a failure?

Joe Webb had his shot and **** the bed. He won't get many more... no where near 14 games more.

He has NOT done everything that has been asked of him. He still can't throw the ball and still has issues reading the D. The guy just isn't a QB.

NUB
01-11-2013, 02:46 AM
Yeah, I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks Gabbert, Sanchez, Quinn, Arizona-QB-palooza, etc. are better than Tebow is a moron. If you want weak-willed QBs who shatter under pressure, get wrecked mentally, and throw pretty passes for INTs, well, there are plenty of those in the NFL. GMs seem to love them. Like I said, Tebow could be his old, 45% passer self and he would have won more games on any one of those teams just by the virtue of his TD production, running, and limiting turnovers.

He is such a no-risk/high-reward move for a number of these teams it is downright stupid to not roll the dice. But even if he slips by, I'll be shocked if the Patriots don't scoop him up. Knock Tebow as a passer all you want, but he does do one thing very well and that is score inside the redzone. Belichick loves his utility players. And if the Patriots don't pick him up then we'll probably be seeing a 30 for 30 and he'll be off in the Philippines doing whatever and that will be the end of it.

peacepipe
01-11-2013, 05:28 AM
Yeah, I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks Gabbert, Sanchez, Quinn, Arizona-QB-palooza, etc. are better than Tebow is a moron. If you want weak-willed QBs who shatter under pressure, get wrecked mentally, and throw pretty passes for INTs, well, there are plenty of those in the NFL. GMs seem to love them. Like I said, Tebow could be his old, 45% passer self and he would have won more games on any one of those teams just by the virtue of his TD production, running, and limiting turnovers.

He is such a no-risk/high-reward move for a number of these teams it is downright stupid to not roll the dice. But even if he slips by, I'll be shocked if the Patriots don't scoop him up. Knock Tebow as a passer all you want, but he does do one thing very well and that is score inside the redzone. Belichick loves his utility players. And if the Patriots don't pick him up then we'll probably be seeing a 30 for 30 and he'll be off in the Philippines doing whatever and that will be the end of it.
Even if NE got tebow it won't be to play QB.

peacepipe
01-11-2013, 05:33 AM

You like others forget his 1-4 finish. There was a lot more to those wins than just tebow.

Agamemnon
01-11-2013, 05:51 AM

It seems the circus that surrounds him is just too much for people. Measured as just another developmental QB Tebow should have absolutely no trouble finding a job in the NFL, but teams don't want the media circus that Denver and New York have seen with him. It's kind of sad really.

peacepipe
01-11-2013, 06:04 AM

So he has the intangibles, great attitude,mentally strong,etc he just doesn't have the tangibles, the ability to play the position. It hard to throw an INT when the ball being thrown into the stands or straight into the dirt.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-11-2013, 08:57 AM
I love how people try to defend tebow by bringing up ****ty QBs. Sure those guys suck. So does tebow though. To say he's way better than them cause he's won 2 more games than he's lost?? Vince young has won way more than tebow, yet HE sucks too. Tebow is on the same level as those garbage QBs. Just cause they are starting( not sure the joe Webb reference since he's NOT a starter) doesn't mean those guys won't lose their jobs either.

As far as not turning the ball over? 13 fumbles in less games? He's lucky they were recovered. Younger QBs in general tend to fumble. But to say he doesn't turn the ball over? 13 fumbles in 11 starts is high.

TheReverend
01-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Are people really not sick of this topic, yet?

Butterscotch Stallion
01-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Are people really not sick of this topic, yet?

Every time this thread starts to die, the haters start circle jerking over any news that hurts Tebow. Trolling them is just too much fun. It is rare to find a collective this stupid, venom filled, and incapable of arguing.

Basically they are the holy grail of Internet debaters looking for a cheap win. I have been very satisfied here. TWSS.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Every time this thread starts to die, the haters start circle jerking over any news that hurts Tebow. Trolling them is just too much fun. It is rare to find a collective this stupid, venom filled, and incapable of arguing.

Basically they are the holy grail of Internet debaters looking for a cheap win. I have been very satisfied here. TWSS.

So what you're saying is there's alot of news that comes out not favoring Tebows career, since theres always a first page thread. Why is that? Progress in the NFL and all these haters go away.

I don't even see many teams wanting to bring him in as a back up QB. No team or HC wants to hear the same questions every week as to why tebow is not starting.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-11-2013, 09:32 AM
So what you're saying is there's alot of news that comes out not favoring Tebows career. Why is that? Progress in the NFL and all these haters go away.

I don't even see many teams wanting to bring him in as a back up QB. No team or HC wants to hear the same questions every week as to why tebow is not starting.

Of course. He is very divisive. I think that is obvious. You either love him and are smart, or hate him and are a repressed homosexual with an IQ in the Forrest Gump range.

That's why the debates rage here, and continue long after I have won and closed the door.

Maybe just shove that hot dog in your butt already? I think you will find the release worthwhile? At least your posting method might improve.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-11-2013, 09:37 AM
Of course. He is very divisive. I think that is obvious. You either love him and are smart, or hate him and are a repressed homosexual with an IQ in the Forrest Gump range.

That's why the debates rage here, and continue long after I have won and closed the door.

Maybe just shove that hot dog in your butt already? I think you will find the release worthwhile? At least your posting method might improve.

Im flattered but I'm straight bro. It's cute that you refer to your dong as a "hot dog" though.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Im flattered but I'm straight bro. It's cute that you refer to your dong as a "hot dog" though.

Repressed....look it up.

Popps
01-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Hate the circus (media echo chamber and nutjob fan) that comes with the Tim Tebow action figure? Absolutely. .

Okay. I'll work on getting madder about it. For some reason, I'm having a hard time. Probably just not concentrating hard enough.

TonyR
01-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Trolling them is just too much fun...

LOL You're one of the guys who has been completely wrong about all things Tebow, and you think you're trolling somebody else?!? Hilarious!

Butterscotch Stallion
01-11-2013, 03:44 PM
LOL You're one of the guys who has been completely wrong about all things Tebow, and you think you're trolling somebody else?!? Hilarious!

I havent been wrong once. I gave Rex Ryan more credit than he deserved and assumed he wouldn't want to be a loser like you were last year(by the way, no one has been MOOOORRRREEEEE WWWWRRROOONNNGGGG) on this than you)

but I have not been wrong at all.

Lying now? pathetic.

Bronco Yoda
01-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Chiefs would be an interesting fit for Teebs. What the hell else do they have to lose?

Butterscotch Stallion
01-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Tebow would be a great fit for any team that wants to win football games.

DBroncos4life
01-11-2013, 03:56 PM
No one wants the Bow.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Tebow would be a great fit for any team that wants to win football games.

This follows up your never been wrong post? Ha!

crush17
01-11-2013, 04:03 PM
CANADA.

Agamemnon
01-11-2013, 04:05 PM

I'm still waiting for proof that Tebow doesn't help teams win when actually allowed to play. Certainly haven't seen it yet.

DBroncos4life
01-11-2013, 04:07 PM

Just think of how many games we would have won if we had only kept the Bow. Hilarious!

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-11-2013, 04:23 PM
I'm still waiting for proof that Tebow doesn't help teams win when actually allowed to play. Certainly haven't seen it yet.

Really? Cause I saw him **** the pot as a jet. He could've at least scored ONE preseason TD. Another position maybe, but as a starting QB? I'd take all the GMs in the leagues opinion over a biased one. There's not one GM in this league that thinks he's a starting QB. The only way his fans will ever see him as a starter is if he wins it in an open competition. There's not many QB FAs or highly talented QBs coming out in the draft, so a team may bring him in for depth. But he's not going to win that position, and its certainly not going to be given to him anymore.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-11-2013, 04:23 PM

yes. The evidence supports me.

here is a tip that may help you win once and a while.....

never argue the side that is wrong... pick the one with the evidence.

#yourewelcome

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-11-2013, 04:27 PM
yes. The evidence supports me.

here is a tip that may help you win once and a while.....

never argue the side that is wrong... pick the one with the evidence.

#yourewelcome

That's amusing. All I've seen when you post, they are followed factual refutes by SEVERAL other posters, followed by a desperate "I win this arguement cause I'm a winner" I've seen nothing from you other than self proclaiming wins and self hoovering. Blow yourself up just a little bit more and you might pop all over this page.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-11-2013, 04:29 PM

Just keep clinging to that argument and you'll never have to admit that Tebow isn't an NFL QB, even if he plays the rest of his career in Canada.

Lestat
01-11-2013, 04:37 PM

i don't blame a single coach or GM who doesn't want to hang their job security on Tebow. his following is too much if he doesn't beat out the other QB or doesn't play. him as a starting QB isn't likely to work in the long term due to the major skills he brings to the table being football player and not QB type.

as others have said, he needs to break himself down and retool himself if he truly wants to succeed as a QB.

Play2win
01-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Just keep clinging to that argument and you'll never have to admit that Tebow isn't an NFL QB, even if he plays the rest of his career in Canada.

As a Tight End.

Rohirrim
01-11-2013, 04:40 PM
I heard the Broncos are in the playoffs tomorrow! Yikes!

errand
01-11-2013, 06:01 PM

since you admittedly haven't been on here as you use to, I think I can sum the argument and alleged hatred in one link.....

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=87093&highlight=Hillis

This was a thread you started basically giving food for thought as to why another cult hero of a player that was adored by many on here wasn't getting any playing time. (sound familiar?)

Everyone was perplexed why, after what he showed on the field in limited action late the previous season,he wasn't getting any playing time. (sound familiar?)

You didn't "hate" him...but your post was considered hateful by many who debated you and others in it. (sound familiar?) Despite stating numerous times that you weren't a hater, you came under fire for pointing out what their hero worshiping eyes refused to see......the bottom line was that he really wasn't the great player he seemed to be. (sound familiar?)

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-11-2013, 06:11 PM
since you admittedly haven't been on here as you use to, I think I can sum the argument and alleged hatred in one link.....

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=87093&highlight=Hillis

This was a thread you started basically giving food for thought as to why another cult hero of a player that was adored by many on here wasn't getting any playing time. (sound familiar?)

Everyone was perplexed why, after what he showed on the field in limited action late the previous season,he wasn't getting any playing time. (sound familiar?)

You didn't "hate" him...but your post was considered hateful by many who debated you and others in it. (sound familiar?) Despite stating numerous times that you weren't a hater, you came under fire for pointing out what their hero worshiping eyes refused to see......the bottom line was that he really wasn't the great player he seemed to be. (sound familiar?)

That thread is huge. How come there's not alot of those older regulars posting anymore? I know about Mock, but it seems there's alot of posters with huge post counts that i haven't seen come through since i started.

TonyR
01-11-2013, 07:18 PM
That thread is huge. How come there's not alot of those older regulars posting anymore? I know about Mock, but it seems there's alot of posters with huge post counts that i haven't seen come through since i started.

I think quite a few got chased away by the Teboners.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
01-11-2013, 07:23 PM
will you adopt tebow for just 100 bucks a day you can help us fans build him a stadium pay people to attend bribe the nfl to let us make a team just for tebow

broncosteven
01-11-2013, 08:34 PM
If this is true Tebow stepped on his dick:

But after Khan took over last year and the Denver Broncos started quietly shopping Tebow, Khan told Smith to look into acquiring the left-hander.

The Jaguars increased their offer several times. By the end of negotiations, Jacksonville had offered a fourth-round pick and agreed to pay $3 million of the $5 million in advance salary the Broncos had already paid Tebow. The money the Jaguars offered was better than the little more than $2.5 million the Jets agreed to pay, and the draft pick was nine spots higher than New York's fourth-round selection.

But it never really got down to the details.

The Broncos told the Jaguars they were allowing Tebow to choose between the teams, and the Jaguars believe Tebow picked the Jets because he felt he would have a better chance to compete for the quarterback job with Mark Sanchez than Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne.

Still, the Jets failed to find a way to effectively use Tebow this season.

Apparently, the Jaguars don't want to try now, either.

More here:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jacksonville-jaguars-no-longer-want-tim-tebow-011013

Butterscotch Stallion
01-11-2013, 09:02 PM
That's amusing. All I've seen when you post, they are followed factual refutes by SEVERAL other posters, followed by a desperate "I win this arguement cause I'm a winner" I've seen nothing from you other than self proclaiming wins and self hoovering. Blow yourself up just a little bit more and you might pop all over this page.

Hmmm. Maybe you are retarded then?

DBroncos4life
01-11-2013, 09:07 PM
If this is true Tebow stepped on his dick:

But after Khan took over last year and the Denver Broncos started quietly shopping Tebow, Khan told Smith to look into acquiring the left-hander.

The Jaguars increased their offer several times. By the end of negotiations, Jacksonville had offered a fourth-round pick and agreed to pay $3 million of the $5 million in advance salary the Broncos had already paid Tebow. The money the Jaguars offered was better than the little more than $2.5 million the Jets agreed to pay, and the draft pick was nine spots higher than New York's fourth-round selection.

But it never really got down to the details.

The Broncos told the Jaguars they were allowing Tebow to choose between the teams, and the Jaguars believe Tebow picked the Jets because he felt he would have a better chance to compete for the quarterback job with Mark Sanchez than Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne.

Still, the Jets failed to find a way to effectively use Tebow this season.

Apparently, the Jaguars don't want to try now, either.

More here:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jacksonville-jaguars-no-longer-want-tim-tebow-011013
Tebow was right in thinking he couldn't beat out Chad Henne. He is way wrong thinking he can beat out ANY NFL QB

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-12-2013, 09:31 AM
BS (perfect person to have these initials, by the way) will be forever "right" because the "evidence" supports that "if you wanna win, hire the 'Bow!" And since no GM/coach in their right mind is ever going to give him a ****, he'll be "right" in perpetuity.

If you want to lose three of your last four games, HIRE THE BOW!

oubronco
01-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Hmmm. Maybe you are retarded then?.

maven
03-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Is there any updates in regards to Tebow? Why is he still a Jet?

Drunken.Broncoholic
03-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Is there any updates in regards to Tebow? Why is he still a Jet?

Jets just brought in Garrard too. They got like 4 or 5 QBs

maven
03-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Jets just brought in Garrard too. They got like 4 or 5 QBs

And Sanchez already has a "leg up" going into camp as the starter.:rofl:

We've seen trades and cuts already, why are they sitting on him?

Agamemnon
03-11-2013, 09:29 PM
And Sanchez already has a "leg up" going into camp as the starter.:rofl:

We've seen trades and cuts already, why are they sitting on him?

Because they enjoy ****ing Tebow over?

(I'm only half-joking.)

bowtown
03-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Rex is holding out for some of those sweet Nova lox.

bombay
03-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Tebow's 'fans' are hurting his chances of getting another shot at a QB job.

maven
03-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Tebow's 'fans' are hurting his chances of getting another shot at a QB job.

If they refuse to play him, why keep him on the roster?

extralife
03-11-2013, 10:56 PM

I dunno, ask the Broncos about Elvis Dumervil

broncocalijohn
03-11-2013, 11:46 PM

Master plan. It worked with Al Davis.