PDA

View Full Version : Tebow to Jacksonville?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Yeah McElroy practiced so well he was kept inactive 90% of the time.

However bad McElroy practiced > however bad tebow practiced

McElroy out with a concussion. Next man up? Sanchez. Haha

oubronco
12-27-2012, 06:03 PM
All you Tebow fans are just poeple behind a computer screen who act like you guys know more than NFL coaches

All the coaches Tebow has had ALL say he isn't a good QB

If Tebow were an NFL caliber QB he would be playing QB

Tebow is the Punt Protector

So if he were as good as you all say wouldn't he be playing QB?

peacepipe
12-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Is it feasible to lock all tebow threads? Just wondering.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 06:31 PM
So anyone that doesn't agree with you is a retard. Sounds like a bitter liberal with no real direction. Keep chasing the dream that he's gonna be as good as all these other QBs hes being compared to in the early stages of their careers.

Wow! Now I'm a liberal? Read my posts sometimes.... So that is yet another loss for you....step it up ok? You play like sanchez.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Exhibit B. Just last March (this offseason), Rex and Co signed Mark Sanchez to a 5-year $60 million/$20 guaranteed contract.

If the shoe fits? OMG... Rex is so stupid.

Rex is smarter than you and I. we just don't know how good sanchez really is. I mean all we see is the games...not the practices. What do we know?

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 06:36 PM
All you Tebow fans are just poeple behind a computer screen who act like you guys know more than NFL coaches

So you think sanchez is good by your logic. Thank god im stupid. Your smartness is dumber than my dumbness.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Is it feasible to lock all tebow threads? Just wondering.

Once you retards stop acting stupid, they will die.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-27-2012, 06:45 PM
So you think sanchez is good by your logic. Thank god im stupid. Your smartness is dumber than my dumbness.

Can it be possible that all 3 QBs SUCK?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Wow! Now I'm a liberal? Read my posts sometimes.... So that is yet another loss for you....step it up ok? You play like sanchez.

Usually I just glance over them and not pay attention. Sorta like the ugly chick that sits at the end of the bar.

Bacchus
12-27-2012, 06:55 PM
For every Peyton Manning who overcame early career struggles, there are 50 Brady Quinn's or Akili Smith's who do not. You frame the above argument and similar ones (i.e. Eli Manning overcoming a 48% completion as a rookie) as if it's the normal course of things for significant improvement to follow. It isn't. The Peyton's and Eli's are the exceptions, not the rule.

Peyton did not struggle his first year. He had growing pains and he threw a lot of ints but he also threw a lot of TD passes. He was on a horrible team and ANYONE who saw him play his rookie year in 1998 knew he was going to be a star. Tebow has never done that. Outside of Skip Bayless no one is saying Tebow is going to be a star, in fact this could be his last year in the NFL depending on what Jacksonville is going to do.

DBroncos4life
12-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Peyton did not struggle his first year. He had growing pains and he threw a lot of ints but he also threw a lot of TD passes. He was on a horrible team and ANYONE who saw him play his rookie year in 1998 knew he was going to be a star. Tebow has never done that. Outside of Skip Bayless no one is saying Tebow is going to be a star, in fact this could be his last year in the NFL depending on what Jacksonville is going to do.

Jags better dump every QB they have because Tebow will not beat them in camp and some will say that just isn't fair for poor Tebow.

broncosteven
12-27-2012, 07:10 PM
I wonder if Tebow just doesn't pack it in after this year and move on to politics or something he doesn't have to be good at to stay in the public eye.

I have heard a rumor through a friend of a friend of Howard Griffifth (of all people) that Rex promised Scanchez that he would not start Tebow over him, apparently Mark was all butt hurt for a couple days after they made the trade. I bet Rex is not playing him over because 1) he wants to keep his word and 2) Tebow can't beat out McElroy.

I am sure there may be one more team out there that is desperate enough to take a chance on Timmy but I wonder if after this season he doesn't just decide to move on.

oubronco
12-27-2012, 07:15 PM

How did you come up with that? I never even mentioned Sancheez you really must be stupid

Blueflame
12-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Can it be possible that all 3 QBs SUCK?

Tebow has always been a square peg that's trying to fit into a round hole (his skill set does not match what's required for the job). Some of us recognize that the odds are he's simply never going to fit in as a QB in the NFL. Others want to offer every explanation in the book... from "intentional sabotage of his career by coaches whose jobs also depend upon winning" to "religious persecution".. anything except to say "at some point early in his football-playing days, some coach should have taken the time to instruct him in basic QB mechanics". The fact is that the criticism would be silenced if he could consistently put the football where it has to be to complete a pass. But he can't and so he's just another (very high profile) wannabe who lacks the skills for the position he aspires to.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-27-2012, 09:32 PM

This begs the question: Why the effffffffffffffffffff did McDumba$$ draft Teebs in the first round (or any round BTW) any way?

BroncoBeavis
12-27-2012, 10:39 PM

Yeah that 71 passer rating en route to 3-13 really lit the league on fire. LOL

Let's travel back...

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/03/30/remember-14-years-ago-when-a-majority-of-gms-said-they-would-take-ryan-leaf-over-peyton-manning/

LOL

Jekyll15Hyde
12-27-2012, 11:39 PM

Let's travel back...

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/03/30/remember-14-years-ago-when-a-majority-of-gms-said-they-would-take-ryan-leaf-over-peyton-manning/

LOL

You missed the part where he said if you watched Peyton, you could tell. Kinda like when most of watch Teebs, we can tell too. It isnt that hard.

cutthemdown
12-28-2012, 12:30 AM
I wonder if Tebow just doesn't pack it in after this year and move on to politics or something he doesn't have to be good at to stay in the public eye.

I have heard a rumor through a friend of a friend of Howard Griffifth (of all people) that Rex promised Scanchez that he would not start Tebow over him, apparently Mark was all butt hurt for a couple days after they made the trade. I bet Rex is not playing him over because 1) he wants to keep his word and 2) Tebow can't beat out McElroy.

I am sure there may be one more team out there that is desperate enough to take a chance on Timmy but I wonder if after this season he doesn't just decide to move on.

Tebow quit football? 0 percent chance. Absolute 0 % chance he quits and walks away.

Bacchus
12-28-2012, 01:14 AM
Tebow quit football? 0 percent chance. Absolute 0 % chance he quits and walks away.

yeah but if the Jagwads don't want him there will be a 100% chance he is not in the NFL next year. He is poison and everyone outside of Jacksonville knows it.

gyldenlove
12-28-2012, 01:45 AM

Let's travel back...

LOL

That meant he had more passing yards that year than John Elway did, he was 450 yards shy of matching Steve Young. He was top 10 in yards, TDs in the league and had more yards and more TDs per game than Troy Aikman.

He set almost every important record by a rookie QB playing for a team that was by a wide margin the worst in the league. They allowed the most yards, most 1st downs, 2nd most points, created the 2nd fewest turnovers, had the 5th fewest rushing yards, the 2nd fewest rushing TDs.

Jetland
12-28-2012, 02:11 AM

Let's travel back...

LOL

ooooooooo passer rating eh......neat o

Blueflame
12-28-2012, 03:35 AM
yeah but if the Jagwads don't want him there will be a 100% chance he is not in the NFL next year. He is poison and everyone outside of Jacksonville knows it.

Eight months ago, there were two teams in the entire league that were willing to give up anything to acquire Tebow... now, he's "demanding" to be released by the one he chose. If he goes to J-ville, that will be his last stop in the NFL 'cause he'll either gain the skill set he needs to play QB... or no other team in the league will have any interest whatsoever in him (as a quarterback).

BroncoBeavis
12-28-2012, 06:16 AM
ooooooooo passer rating eh......neat o

OK dude. How about TD%.
Or int %
Or yards per attempt?

You've already thrown out overall passer rating. In which statistical category did the average 1998 PFM throw outperform the average Tim Tebow throw through 16 starts?

Blueflame
12-28-2012, 06:19 AM
Yeah McElroy practiced so well he was kept inactive 90% of the time.

This discussion isn't about McElroy or how well he does or does not practice;but it's noteworthy that the only time I've ever seen the "he just doesn't perform well in practice but deserves a starting job anyway" argument raised, the comment (without exception) has involved the proper noun "Tebow". Same is true of the argument "but...but... he didn't get enough reps with the first team. Other backup QBs are expected to perform adequately if needed regardless of the "reps-with-the-first-team-in-practice-count".

Oh, and... you're not seriously trying to contend that McElroy's elevation to starter last week was based on anything other than Ryan trying to send Sanchez a message (to quit sucking), are you?

BroncoBeavis
12-28-2012, 06:21 AM
That meant he had more passing yards that year than John Elway did, he was 450 yards shy of matching Steve Young. He was top 10 in yards, TDs in the league and had more yards and more TDs per game than Troy Aikman.

He set almost every important record by a rookie QB playing for a team that was by a wide margin the worst in the league. They allowed the most yards, most 1st downs, 2nd most points, created the 2nd fewest turnovers, had the 5th fewest rushing yards, the 2nd fewest rushing TDs.

Long story short he threw the ball a **** ton. But per throw was less effective than the worst QB in the history of the game (I'm told)

It takes playing time to develop in the NFL.

peacepipe
12-28-2012, 06:44 AM
:rofl:Once you retards stop acting stupid, they will die.
Really,if you morons could ever get over the fact that teblow is a flat out bust,these threads wouldn't exist.

peacepipe
12-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Eight months ago, there were two teams in the entire league that were willing to give up anything to acquire Tebow... now, he's "demanding" to be released by the one he chose. If he goes to J-ville, that will be his last stop in the NFL 'cause he'll either gain the skill set he needs to play QB... or no other team in the league will have any interest whatsoever in him (as a quarterback).

He's not even going to be guaranteed a starting position in Jacksonville.

BroncoInferno
12-28-2012, 07:02 AM
He's not even going to be guaranteed a starting position in Jacksonville.

I don't know about that. If Sharif is so gung-ho on bringing Tebow in to sell tickets, he has to know that that strategy only works if Tebow actually plays. People aren't going to buy tickets just to watch Tebow take a couple of obligatory snaps in the wildcat. Supposedly, Gene Smith and Mularkey are on the way out. If Sharif plans to bring in Tebow, I expect his next hire to be people willing to work with Tebow. That makes Josh McDaniels the only obvious choice. Of course, that assumes McDaniels feels as strongly about Tebow now as he did when he drafted him, which we don't know. Another possiblity would Chip Kelly, though again we don't know how he feels about Tebow. On the surface, it would seem to be a good stylistic match...Kelly operates a rush heavy attack out of spread formations which would seem perfect for Tebow. It will be interesting to see what happens there. If Sharif brings in new people and then forces Tebow on them, he's an idiot and not only won't it work on the field, but it won't accomplish anything in terms of ticket sales if Timmy is riding the pine.

baja
12-28-2012, 07:11 AM
I don't know about that. If Sharif is so gung-ho on bringing Tebow in to sell tickets, he has to know that that strategy only works if Tebow actually plays. People aren't going to buy tickets just to watch Tebow take a couple of obligatory snaps in the wildcat. Supposedly, Gene Smith and Mularkey are on the way out. If Sharif plans to bring in Tebow, I expect his next hire to be people willing to work with Tebow. That makes Josh McDaniels the only obvious choice. Of course, that assumes McDaniels feels as strongly about Tebow now as he did when he drafted him, which we don't know. Another possiblity would Chip Kelly, though again we don't know how he feels about Tebow. On the surface, it would seem to be a good stylistic match...Kelly operates a rush heavy attack out of spread formations which would seem perfect for Tebow. It will be interesting to see what happens there. If Sharif brings in new people and then forces Tebow on them, he's an idiot and not only won't it work on the field, but it won't accomplish anything in terms of ticket sales if Timmy is riding the pine.

If this is true (play Tebow) they might go after our own Mike McCoy for HC

BroncoInferno
12-28-2012, 07:17 AM
If this is true (play Tebow) they might go after our own Mike McCoy for HC

McCoy clearly didn't trust Tebow to throw the ball, not only evidenced by the lack of attempts but also by the frequency of rushing attempts on makable 3rd downs. I don't think he's one of the Tebow believers, but I could be wrong.

BroncoBeavis
12-28-2012, 07:26 AM
Oh, and... you're not seriously trying to contend that McElroy's elevation to starter last week was based on anything other than Ryan trying to send Sanchez a message (to quit sucking), are you?

I think it's possible Ryan still thinks he can mindgame Dirty into not sucking anymore. In fact he may feel like he has no other choice after the franchise-crushing contract mistake they made with him in the offseason. But again, if you believe that, then you also believe that Rex sees nothing but downside in letting Tebow play. If he sucks, then Rex is still where he is. But if Tebow looks even halfway serviceable, it only amplifies Rex's epic fail over the last 10 months or so. And further destroys any splinter of pretense that Mark Sanchez (the guy Rex chained himself to) has any future with the team.

peacepipe
12-28-2012, 07:37 AM
Mortenson who reported on tebow stated that those same sources also stated that tebow would still have to compete for the starting QB position.

BroncoInferno
12-28-2012, 07:41 AM
Mortenson who reported on tebow stated that those same sources also stated that tebow would still have to compete for the starting QB position.

I heard the same, but I'm not sure I buy it. Sharif is a businessman and he knows bringing Tebow in to improve business only works if he plays. Plus, how could it be known whether or not he'll have to compete when it's not even known who the GM and coach will be next year? Smith and Mularkey are on the hot seat and could well be canned.

peacepipe
12-28-2012, 07:46 AM
I heard the same, but I'm not sure I buy it. Sharif is a businessman and he knows bringing Tebow in to improve business only works if he plays. Plus, how could it be known whether or not he'll have to compete when it's not even known who the GM and coach will be next year? Smith and Mularkey are on the hot and could well be canned.

By that logic,it's no sure thing that tebow goes to Jacksonville.

peacepipe
12-28-2012, 07:51 AM
They'll have to find a coach willing to hitch his career to tebow. The amt of changes needed to be made to help tebow are huge.

BroncoInferno
12-28-2012, 07:56 AM
They'll have to find a coach willing to hitch his career to tebow.

Exactly, which is why I mentioned McDaniels as an obvious possibility. He's the only guy at the NFL level who publicly put his faith in Tebow. The question is whether or not he still feels the same way today as he did when he traded up to draft him in 2010. Are there others out there who feel the same way? Obviously not many given the lack of interest shown when he was available. So, Sharif might have to go to the college level to find someone willing to take that chance (why I mentioned Kelly). You figure there's someone out there who'd be willing to take that risk for the chance to be an NFL head coach.

baja
12-28-2012, 07:58 AM
McCoy clearly didn't trust Tebow to throw the ball, not only evidenced by the lack of attempts but also by the frequency of rushing attempts on makable 3rd downs. I don't think he's one of the Tebow believers, but I could be wrong.

I'm hoping McCoy will stay right where he is and help the Broncos win a couple of SBs. We got a real chance to pull that off. Hopefully JDR will stay too. How often do you get a chance to be part a run like we have a real shot at.

Requiem
12-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Only if we could turn back time and draft Geno Atkins instead of Tebow. . .

GoHAM
12-28-2012, 08:50 AM
They'll have to find a coach willing to hitch his career to tebow.

A coach may not have to hitch his entire career to Tebow, in fact the situation could actually be beneficial for a new/young head coach. If Shad Khan forces Tebow on the new coach, everyone in the NFL will know who made the decision to start Tebow.

Then it's kind of a win/win situation for the coach, if he flops terribly with Tebow starting everyone will blame Tebow. The coach's image isn't terribly tarnished, as no one in the NFL thinks you can win consistently with Tebow. The coach gains valuable experience as a head coach and possibly can even talk Khan into ditching Tebow and giving the coach a couple of years with a hand picked QB.

If however the coach can put together a couple of 8-8 9-7 seasons and a playoff appearance or two with Teebs at QB, he is immediately regarded as one of the best coaches in the league for winning with a FB as his QB.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-28-2012, 08:53 AM
I hope khan is crazy enough to force tebow on a coach...that is the only way tebow will win out in training camp.

BroncoBeavis
12-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Only if we could turn back time and draft Geno Atkins instead of Tebow. . .

Every team (other than the Bengals) in the league could say that. Dude was a 4th rounder.

Give it a year or two. There'll be several guys like that we "could have had" instead of BO. There's already names like Lavonte and Hayward we left hanging out there. Just let it percolate for a couple more years. It'll get even more comical over the next year or two as the 2012 class develops on the field while Brock works up his ass calluses. :)

BroncoInferno
12-28-2012, 09:06 AM
Every team (other than the Bengals) in the league could say that. Dude was a 4th rounder.

Give it a year or two. There'll be several guys like that we "could have had" instead of BO. There's already names like Lavonte and Hayward we left hanging out there. Just let it percolate for a couple more years. It'll get even more comical over the next year or two as the 2012 class develops on the field while Brock works up his ass calluses. :)

Gotta love your hypocrisy. We don't know enough about Tebow after 16 starts, but Brock is already a bust without attempting a regular season pass.

BroncoBeavis
12-28-2012, 09:11 AM
I hope khan is crazy enough to force tebow on a coach...that is the only way tebow will win out in training camp.

I think someone posted a Forbes article about the guy. He talked about building the franchise's international fan base as his alternative to moving to a large market. With that kind of mindset, it would be harder to find a better marketing kickstart than Timmah.

Requiem
12-28-2012, 09:13 AM

Of course, but to be honest -- Atkins was one of the only decent selections after the third round in that draft. Looking back, that draft was pretty mediocre in terms of production, even from the early round players. How many teams do you think had Tebow as a first-round talent at QB? Not very many. However, Gil Brandt and several other oulets reported that Osweiler was getting strong consideration at the back end of the first round and was a sure-fire lock in the second for a team needing a QB.

I was dead on regarding David and Hayward (took Casey in the OM Mock Draft) and was a vocal critic of drafting Brock when there were players on board who were going to contribute immediately. I understand Osweiler's selection as a safety valve if Manning didn't come back the way he did, but it is still pretty ridiculous. The sad thing is, every analyst and guru was right on Osweiler getting mocked to us at our selection. It wasn't even a surprise.

He couldn't ask for a better situation learning from PFM. He has to work on his delivery mechanics and gain experience from under center instead of strictly operating in the spread. Osweiler has good accuracy, a very strong arm and a good deep ball. We can only hope Brocko can emerge like Aaron Rodgers did after sitting behind a legend for several years. He went in the area of value as he was expected, but I still wish it wasn't to us. Only time will tell.

Time (and play) has already showed that Tebow was worth a late-round flyer at best.

BroncoBeavis
12-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Gotta love your hypocrisy. We don't know enough about Tebow after 16 starts, but Brock is already a bust without attempting a regular season pass.

Didn't say he was a bust. Just that he doesn't produce anything useful to the team at this point. And over the long run it's 99% likely that there will be other better NFL players that were available at the moment we pulled the trigger on Brock Osweiler.

BroncoInferno
12-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Didn't say he was a bust. Just that he doesn't produce anything useful to the team at this point. And over the long run it's 99% likely that there will be other better NFL players that were available at the moment we pulled the trigger on Brock Osweiler.

Why are you willing to play the "probabilty" game here but not with Tebow? Because the odds are stacked against him as well.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Mike mularkeys offense is catered for QBs like Matt Ryan, not Tebow. There is no way I see Mularkey wanting tebow anywhere near his offense. Kahn however knows nothing about football and everything about business. It could be the jets situation all over again. Tebow is nothing more than a pawn for these 2 owners. While the head coaches are scratching their heads asking why the hell they should put him as a starter

BroncoBeavis
12-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Why are you willing to play the "probabilty" game here but not with Tebow? Because the odds are stacked against him as well.

If you'll read back, you'll see I'm making fun of the draft success probability game someone else started. Not really playing it myself.

Dedhed
12-28-2012, 10:09 AM
A coach may not have to hitch his entire career to Tebow, in fact the situation could actually be beneficial for a new/young head coach. If Shad Khan forces Tebow on the new coach, everyone in the NFL will know who made the decision to start Tebow.

Then it's kind of a win/win situation for the coach, if he flops terribly with Tebow starting everyone will blame Tebow. The coach's image isn't terribly tarnished, as no one in the NFL thinks you can win consistently with Tebow. The coach gains valuable experience as a head coach and possibly can even talk Khan into ditching Tebow and giving the coach a couple of years with a hand picked QB.

If however the coach can put together a couple of 8-8 9-7 seasons and a playoff appearance or two with Teebs at QB, he is immediately regarded as one of the best coaches in the league for winning with a FB as his QB.I agree with this. I think that the only shot that Tebow has to be a starter again in the NFL is for it to be an owner mandated situation.

Taking Jacksonville as an example, there isn't much downside for the Jags to hand Tebow the starting job; he'd be a marketing machine for them, and they are a poor team with terrible QBs. They just spent a first round pick on a QB who looks like a total flop, and can likely get Tebow for nothing. This ais a pretty terrible draft class as far as QBs go, and they can invest high picks in other positions and give Tebow a one year flier trial.

At the very least it would be more entertaining than watching Gabbert suck, or watching a rookie struggle on a bad team, and I would bet they'd be more competitive also.

CEH
12-28-2012, 10:16 AM

If however the coach can put together a couple of 8-8 9-7 seasons and a playoff appearance or two with Teebs at QB, he is immediately regarded as one of the best coaches in the league for winning with a FB as his QB.

I bet just the opposite. Coaches who don't believe in Tebow will stay away from JAX. I would not tie my career to Tebow if I didn't believe in him just hoping to get more time if things don't work out or pulling off some miracle with a FB at QB

Tebow's an albatross around the neck a lot of coaches . Going forward I would question the coaches judgment if they tried this avenue

Be fun to see how this all plays out

Armchair Bronco
12-28-2012, 10:16 AM
The Jets are screwed. Their owner owes Rex Ryan $6 million over the next 2 years, and Sanchez is owed a guaranteed $8 million next year. So the Clown Car will be driving around New Jersey in 2013 and 2014.

Ryan knows this and is doing what he can to make it untenable for Tebow to remain a Jet. Tebow needs to go, then it will be back to business as usual for the Jets...until 2015 when they blow things up (again) and initiate another rebuild. Maybe they'll hire Rex's brother.

CEH
12-28-2012, 10:22 AM
The Jets are screwed. Their owner owes Rex Ryan $6 million over the next 2 years, and Sanchez is owed a guaranteed $8 million next year. So the Clown Car will be driving around New Jersey in 2013 and 2014.

Ryan knows this and is doing what he can to make it untenable for Tebow to remain a Jet. Tebow needs to go, then it will be back to business as usual for the Jets...until 2015 when they blow things up (again) and initiate another rebuild. Maybe they'll hire Rex's brother.

Sounds like Rex may want out of NY and force the owners hand. He's now complaining about wanting more offense when it was him that hire the most incompetent OC ever seen in the NFL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/28/report-rex-ryan-would-rather-get-fired-than-accept-the-status-quo/

Jekyll15Hyde
12-28-2012, 10:30 AM
They'll have to find a coach willing to hitch his career to tebow. The amt of changes needed to be made to help tebow are huge.

And then if you make that investment, the best you can hope for is a wild card birth or sniffing around for a division title in a weak division, provided you have an above average D. A below average D will be a perennial top 10 pick. But nothing every seriously close to contending.

Then you question the mileage you get out of said configuration.... I see 4-5 tops before the physical toll starts to win out.

bronco militia
12-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Sounds like Rex may want out of NY and force the owners hand. He's now complaining about wanting more offense when it was him that hire the most incompetent OC ever seen in the NFL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/28/report-rex-ryan-would-rather-get-fired-than-accept-the-status-quo/

yeah I don't get this story. It would be a real stretch to think Rex Ryan never had a say in offseason moves. By NFL standards, Rex Ryan deserves to be fired.

BroncoBeavis
12-28-2012, 10:59 AM
I bet just the opposite. Coaches who don't believe in Tebow will stay away from JAX. I would not tie my career to Tebow if I didn't believe in him just hoping to get more time if things don't work out or pulling off some miracle with a FB at QB

Tebow's an albatross around the neck a lot of coaches . Going forward I would question the coaches judgment if they tried this avenue

Be fun to see how this all plays out

Don't know if you noticed, but our popular DC from last year took a HC gig. In Oakland.

HC jobs are HC jobs. People that want them will often take whatever they can get.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-28-2012, 11:17 AM
I love this!

I think it's possible Ryan still thinks he can mindgame Dirty into not sucking anymore. In fact he may feel like he has no other choice after the franchise-crushing contract mistake they made with him in the offseason. But again, if you believe that, then you also believe that Rex sees nothing but downside in letting Tebow play. If he sucks, then Rex is still where he is. But if Tebow looks even halfway serviceable, it only amplifies Rex's epic fail over the last 10 months or so. And further destroys any splinter of pretense that Mark Sanchez (the guy Rex chained himself to) has any future with the team.

Then in the very next post you write this about our very own Brock Osweiler without throwing a single regular season pass. LOL

Keep saying you're a "Broncos fan".

CEH
12-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Don't know if you noticed, but our popular DC from last year took a HC gig. In Oakland.

HC jobs are HC jobs. People that want them will often take whatever they can get.

I betcha a dollar to a donut that if the Jax job opens up a college coach and not a NFL coach with experience will take the job

McCoy did not take the MIA job and I bet he will have opportunities this year

gyldenlove
12-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Long story short he threw the ball a **** ton. But per throw was less effective than the worst QB in the history of the game (I'm told)

It takes playing time to develop in the NFL.

He threw the ball a ton because the team couldn't run the ball or play defense.

BroncoBeavis
12-28-2012, 12:07 PM
I betcha a dollar to a donut that if the Jax job opens up a college coach and not a NFL coach with experience will take the job

Might work out better that way. Who knows.

McCoy <s>did not take</s> was not offered the MIA job and I bet he will have opportunities this year

FIFY :)

BroncoBeavis
12-28-2012, 12:13 PM
He threw the ball a ton because the team couldn't run the ball or play defense.

Uh, the Broncos came into 2011 ranked 26th in rushing and 32nd on defense. Don't get much worse than that.

BTW, the '97 Colts were 17th and 22nd respectively.

BroncoBeavis
12-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Keep saying you're a "Broncos fan".

Thanks, I will.

You keep trying to make sense. Someday you'll get it. :)

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Tebow needs to go back to QB school and learn to read defenses much much better.
lifting weights aint going to make you a better QB.
basically he needs to learn how to be a NFL QB

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Thanks, I will.

You keep trying to make sense. Someday you'll get it. :)

Ok "bronco fan".

maven
12-28-2012, 03:52 PM
just wanted to bump this thread so we can talk more tebow!

oubronco
12-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Tebow needs to go back to QB school and learn to read defenses much much better.
lifting weights aint going to make you a better QB.
basically he needs to learn how to be a NFL QB

No No No Beavis says he's the bestest evah

maven
12-28-2012, 05:06 PM

tebow just needs more time and someone to believe in him!

i wonder how many tebow bronco jerseys were sold and jet jerseys sold

DENVERDUI55
12-28-2012, 06:19 PM
tebow just needs more time and someone to believe in him!

i wonder how many tebow bronco jerseys were sold and jet jerseys sold

You are wrong sir McCoy Fox and Elway just wanted to sabotage him and make him look bad.

BroncoBeavis
12-28-2012, 06:25 PM

Well he's no Sam Bradford. LOL

oubronco
12-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Well he's no Sam Bradford. LOL

Yea No shyt ones a NFL QB and the other is a punt protector

Houshyamama
12-28-2012, 07:26 PM
I started this thread and have absolutely no idea what's going on.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-28-2012, 07:57 PM

Burnnnnnnn. LOL

BroncoBeavis
12-28-2012, 08:27 PM

Sure thing. When Sam was taken #1 he was the best #1 overall since Jamarcus Russell.

BTW how did that famous OU BCS choke streak exhibit taste at the hands of a punt protector?

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-29-2012, 12:07 PM
i was reading on the denver post when i saw this comment this guy has got it exactly right why didnt anyone here think like this

<dl class="postvotes clearelement"><dd>1 points</dd><dd> (3 votes)</dd></dl> Re: Article Discussion: Broncos Mailbag: Not too soon to scout B (http://neighbors.denverpost.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22257818&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=ce890650528ed29d2aadce2ba8fbb472&start=20#p2804652)

http://neighbors.denverpost.com/styles/prosilver-neighbors/imageset/icon_post_target.gif (http://neighbors.denverpost.com/viewtopic.php?p=2804652&sid=ce890650528ed29d2aadce2ba8fbb472#p2804652)by pianoman_70 (http://neighbors.denverpost.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=33358&sid=ce890650528ed29d2aadce2ba8fbb472) on December 26th, 2012, 4:23 pm #2804652 (http://neighbors.denverpost.com/&miniquote)
I keep hearing this: "Tim Tebow is better than Blaine Gabbert/Chad Henne/Mark Sanchez/Jake Locker" et al by those who attempt to support him.

How on earth can one make such an assessment when the aforementioned QB's are asked to run PRO-STYLE offenses while Tebow runs the spread-option??? How in the world can you make an apples-to-apples comparison between the QB's when this is the case? If Tebow were asked to run the exact same offense Kyle Orton was asked to run last year, would Tebow not have become the turnover-machine Sanchez has become? Heck, if Tebow had begun the season running that high school offense we ran last year, would we have made the playoffs? Would Tebow have even survived the season?

What i'd like to see is Tebow (after being cut by the Jets) walk onto an NFL training camp and compete for a starting QB job while doing the EXACT SAME THINGS the other QB's on the roster are asked to do. Let him run the EXACT SAME OFFENSE the other QB's are asked to run. And if he EARNS the starting nod, so be it. If he truly is better than the Gabberts/Henne's/Sanchez's of the league, then surely he (in what would be his "4th rookie year") would be able to do what the aforementioned do. . .& add his special blend of "intangibles" to put him over the top. Let him PROVE he can read defenses, determine who will be open, & deliver the ball on time & on target just like every other QB in the league is asked to do. He can mix in some spread option, but how about letting him prove that standard QB play has become his bread & butter? Until then, he will remain several notches beneath the aforementioned QB's, & won't get to play much; if at all.

SO TRUE !!!!!

Dedhed
12-29-2012, 12:22 PM
i was reading on the denver post when i saw this comment this guy has got it exactly right why didnt anyone here think like this

<dl class="postvotes clearelement"><dd>1 points</dd><dd> (3 votes)</dd></dl> Re: Article Discussion: Broncos Mailbag: Not too soon to scout B (http://neighbors.denverpost.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22257818&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=ce890650528ed29d2aadce2ba8fbb472&start=20#p2804652)

http://neighbors.denverpost.com/styles/prosilver-neighbors/imageset/icon_post_target.gif (http://neighbors.denverpost.com/viewtopic.php?p=2804652&sid=ce890650528ed29d2aadce2ba8fbb472#p2804652)by pianoman_70 (http://neighbors.denverpost.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=33358&sid=ce890650528ed29d2aadce2ba8fbb472) on December 26th, 2012, 4:23 pm #2804652 (http://neighbors.denverpost.com/&miniquote)
I keep hearing this: "Tim Tebow is better than Blaine Gabbert/Chad Henne/Mark Sanchez/Jake Locker" et al by those who attempt to support him.

How on earth can one make such an assessment when the aforementioned QB's are asked to run PRO-STYLE offenses while Tebow runs the spread-option??? How in the world can you make an apples-to-apples comparison between the QB's when this is the case? If Tebow were asked to run the exact same offense Kyle Orton was asked to run last year, would Tebow not have become the turnover-machine Sanchez has become? Heck, if Tebow had begun the season running that high school offense we ran last year, would we have made the playoffs? Would Tebow have even survived the season?

What i'd like to see is Tebow (after being cut by the Jets) walk onto an NFL training camp and compete for a starting QB job while doing the EXACT SAME THINGS the other QB's on the roster are asked to do. Let him run the EXACT SAME OFFENSE the other QB's are asked to run. And if he EARNS the starting nod, so be it. If he truly is better than the Gabberts/Henne's/Sanchez's of the league, then surely he (in what would be his "4th rookie year") would be able to do what the aforementioned do. . .& add his special blend of "intangibles" to put him over the top. Let him PROVE he can read defenses, determine who will be open, & deliver the ball on time & on target just like every other QB in the league is asked to do. He can mix in some spread option, but how about letting him prove that standard QB play has become his bread & butter? Until then, he will remain several notches beneath the aforementioned QB's, & won't get to play much; if at all.

SO TRUE !!!!!

This is a lame duck argument. Every offense in the league is different because it's designed to take advantage of the strengths of the players. Did Shanny change the offense for RGIII compared to his QBs last year, of course.

The question is not whether Tebow can run can run the exact same offense as Tom Brady. The question is; can an offense designed around Tebow prove effective in this league.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-29-2012, 12:42 PM
This is a lame duck argument. Every offense in the league is different because it's designed to take advantage of the strengths of the players. Did Shanny change the offense for RGIII compared to his QBs last year, of course.

The question is not whether Tebow can run can run the exact same offense as Tom Brady. The question is; can an offense designed around Tebow prove effective in this league.

This is one of those times I agree with you Ded. Not all players are the same running the same offenses. Shanny brought in Baylor influence so RG3 could be more comfortable. But he's also progressed at this level. I just don't see anything in Tebows game that shows me he's a long term starting QB. This new breed of Wilson's and kaepernicks and RG3 have shown they can accurately make the throws instead of trying to run first. I don't see that with tebow. I see him jumping around the pocket looking for holes to run through instead of looking downfield at the routes

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-29-2012, 03:13 PM

why should tebow be treated differently i am all in favor of tossing tebow out there and letting him sink or swim for the jets last few games since he was supposed to be second sting . i do agree he got screwed by the jets but
didn't elway have to compete for a job in training camp marino ? kelly ? again why treat tebow so special the other QBs have to compete in training camp so to Tebow i like the guy but it makes sense why cant Tebow play in a conventional offense like OTHER qbs

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-29-2012, 03:15 PM
but Tebow has to be versitile he has to maybe at times run the ball him self other times throw a short pass another time a long bomb and fake a hand off to the running back . why cant he compete in training camp what sort of offense can tebow run? give me a list of em then send it to the other nfl coaches

Jay3
12-30-2012, 04:34 AM

SO TRUE !!!!!

But that's essentially what has happened with Tebow up until now. There has never been a training camp where "the offense" was one designed for him, and other quarterbacks were asked to run it. ( "Kyle, the next play will be a QB dive!").

He's working on his mechanics, his drops, his timing, his throwing style, his ability to hit timed progressions (based on steps). That's essentially what he's been running in every camp he's been in. And the results have been that he hasn't looked all that good.

But when you consider things like his mobility, his complete lack of fear at being hit, and his arm strength, he has displayed a promising level of NFL talent that translates well into actual clutch gamer-ness.

I just don't go for the "audition theory" of practice -- most quarterbacks get some sort of commitment early on to get some serious reps. Tebow may not have justified that commitment (there has to be something the coach is acting on), but it should be no surprise that he progresses slowly when he's not getting them.

peacepipe
12-30-2012, 05:07 AM
But that's essentially what has happened with Tebow up until now. There has never been a training camp where "the offense" was one designed for him, and other quarterbacks were asked to run it. ( "Kyle, the next play will be a QB dive!").

He's working on his mechanics, his drops, his timing, his throwing style, his ability to hit timed progressions (based on steps). That's essentially what he's been running in every camp he's been in. And the results have been that he hasn't looked all that good.

But when you consider things like his mobility, his complete lack of fear at being hit, and his arm strength, he has displayed a promising level of NFL talent that translates well into actual clutch gamer-ness.

I just don't go for the "audition theory" of practice -- most quarterbacks get some sort of commitment early on to get some serious reps. Tebow may not have justified that commitment (there has to be something the coach is acting on), but it should be no surprise that he progresses slowly when he's not getting them.

Still trying to figure out what it is about tebow that people think there needs to be a differant set of rules for him.
Mobility,arm strength, & lack of fear of getting hit!!?? All that means nothing when you can't throw the football.HCs are acting on the fact tebow can't throw the ball,tebow has been through enough training camps. Tebow has reached his ceiling.

lonestar
12-30-2012, 08:55 AM
Still trying to figure out what it is about tebow that people think there needs to be a differant set of rules for him.
Mobility,arm strength, & lack of fear of getting hit!!?? All that means nothing when you can't throw the football.HCs are acting on the fact tebow can't throw the ball,tebow has been through enough training camps. Tebow has reached his ceiling.

Which coaches are your talking about those that did not choose this kid and IMO a just going through the motions and then not going the straight yard.

If someone is motivated about really teaching him the correct throwing motions and staying on him coaching every time it reverts to college motions.

Every coach save Josh has had him foisted on him by owners. Or inherited him John. Therefore no incentive to make him better.

This time around he will be able to go to a team that wants him. To a coach that will actually teach him.

If that does not work then we know for sure

peacepipe
12-30-2012, 09:18 AM
As of right now the jags seem to be only team, reportedly,that has any interest in him. Now it is being reported that GM Gene Smith will be let go at seasons end. So far the coaching staff is staying put. A coaching staff that didn't want tebow last year,and It's looking more & more likely Rex Ryan didn't want tebow either. Any team that signs Tebow will be because the owner wants him,he'll likely never get a coach that will fully dedicate himself to Tebow. The jags will be his last chance in the NFL.

lonestar
12-30-2012, 09:32 AM
As of right now the jags seem to be only team, reportedly,that has any interest in him. Now it is being reported that GM Gene Smith will be let go at seasons end. So far the coaching staff is staying put. A coaching staff that didn't want tebow last year,and It's looking more & more likely Rex Ryan didn't want tebow either. Any team that signs Tebow will be because the owner wants him,he'll likely never get a coach that will fully dedicate himself to Tebow. The jags will be his last chance in the NFL.

If the owner wants him and the GM is gone there is an even chance the the coaching staff will work with him and give it the old college try if for no other reason than to palacate the NEW owner, keep him in the loop and show the owner he "is or is not" a QB. Just as I believed that Josh would have brought him along slowly I think the new coaching staff will do the same thing..

I also suspect any GM hired by the owner will be someone that keeps pressure on the coaching staff to do right by Tebow

Again if he does not make it as a QB it will not be because he was not given a fair shake at it.

Fatso had Tebow forced on him and the circus that surrounded it. While the new guy in JAX will have the same thing the pressure to win NOW will not be there as the fans will be there one way or the other.

That said malarkey better update his resume. Unless he can figure out an offense to help him transition from option all the time to a more pro style O. It will not be a fast transition. Years of instinct will have to be overcome to make him more comfortable. In the rolling pocket.

peacepipe
12-30-2012, 09:51 AM
You post this as if Tebow is owed something,isn't owed a thing. A owner may be able to force the signing of a player but he not going to be force playing time.
Also he's going still have to compete for the starting spot in a pro-style offense. Tebow hasn't faired well in those situations.
GMs are hired to do what's right for the team not one player.
Again why should Tebow get special treatment.

errand
12-30-2012, 10:18 AM

so ****ing what?

Every QB that plays for a new coach has to run the offense the coach wants him to. If Tebow wants to run the only offense he can run, then he needs to go to Ohio State.

When McDaniels took over the Broncos he wanted a QB that had run his offense before, so he tried to acquire Cassell. That fell through, so he shipped Cutler and got a guy (Orton) he figured could run it well enough until his guy could be drafted or signed. He drafted Tebow in the belief that he could run his offense.

OK, so if he's been working on that in every training camp, and still looks atrocious as a passer, what the hell does that tell you? He's the square peg that will never fit into the round hole

The bus stations are filled with agile guys who can throw hard and aren't afraid of getting hit....he's reached his terminal position in the NFL and had his 15 minutes of Don Majkowski fame.

So to summarize, you think a HC should install a Tim Tebow offense vs. having Tebow run his offense, that his lack of fear in getting hit supersedes his lack of passing prowess, and he should be given a commitment (more than likely unjustified as you said) as starter despite all of his problems and slow progress, but you have no idea what the coach is acting on. Wow...un****ingbelievable

in bold

Jay3
12-30-2012, 10:30 AM

I don't --- I was responding to a post that suggested "for a change," Tebow be asked to run a traditional offense alongside other QB's. Just pointing out that's about ALL he's ever done in camp.

Jay3
12-30-2012, 10:34 AM
errand, this is going in a circle -- I was responding to the implication that, up until now, Tebow has done camp competition based on something other than the conventional offense.

I think I clearly explained that a head coach has to feel it's justified to make a move to a quarterback -- I'm sure every QB would like to be "comitted" to.

I don't see where you get the energy to repeatedly rehash and re-engage the age old argument. You don't even seem to be able to spot a relatively balanced post -- one that seems to acknowledge that coaches obviously need to see something in order to design an offense around a QB. I'm just pointing out it actually hasn't happened in camp for Tebow yet. It seems to be a simple fact that doesn't even warrant debate -- and is certainly not a great launching pad for the 1,000 rehash.

DBroncos4life
12-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Chad Henne will be the best QB on the Jags regardless if they add Tebow.

Dedhed
12-30-2012, 10:46 AM
If you're curious about a different set of rules, ask why there are myriad other QBs in the league with a worse winning PCT as a starter who are still considered legitimate starters.

DBroncos4life
12-30-2012, 10:48 AM
If you're curious about a different set of rules, ask why there are myriad other QBs in the league with a worse winning PCT as a starter who are still considered legitimate starters.

This **** again. Hilarious!

errand
12-30-2012, 10:50 AM
errand, this is going in a circle -- I was responding to the implication that, up until now, Tebow has done camp competition based on something other than the conventional offense.

I think I clearly explained that a head coach has to feel it's justified to make a move to a quarterback -- I'm sure every QB would like to be "comitted" to.

I don't see where you get the energy to repeatedly rehash and re-engage the age old argument. You don't even seem to be able to spot a relatively balanced post -- one that seems to acknowledge that coaches obviously need to see something in order to design an offense around a QB. I'm just pointing out it actually hasn't happened in camp for Tebow yet. It seems to be a simple fact that doesn't even warrant debate -- and is certainly not a great launching pad for the 1,000 rehash.

Every thread about Tebow is a rehashing of the debate.....and until he succeeds in the NFL as a QB, or is no longer on an NFL team, this debate will continue to rage.

Mainly because we still have people on here that think we never should have drafted him, and others who think that we never should have let him go...keep in mind I'm of neither camp.

I had no problem with the Broncos drafting him but also had no problem with them getting rid of him. As for the energy I have....not sure what that means since you post just as much as anyone else does about the guy.

peacepipe
12-30-2012, 10:56 AM

Is it written somewhere that life has to be fair if your name is Tim Tebow.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-30-2012, 11:03 AM

Hello Vince Young? Tebow is 8-6 and you're using that win percentage as an arguement?

errand
12-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Hello Vince Young? Tebow is 8-6 and you're using that win percentage as an arguement?

I know right? I recall those supporting Orton's W-L pct. as a starter being laughed at by the nuthugging legion of Tebowites (even before he lost 10 of 13 in 2010) as no indicator of his ability to be a good NFL QB....but now it's the leading reason why Tebow should be given a starter's gig.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-30-2012, 11:32 AM
I know right? I recall those supporting Orton's W-L pct. as a starter being laughed at by the nuthugging legion of Tebowites (even before he lost 10 of 13 in 2010) as no indicator of his ability to be a good NFL QB....but now it's the leading reason why Tebow should be given a starter's gig.

Boooom. The sound of a reality grenade dropping on this thread.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 11:39 AM

Wins don't matter when judging a qb. Good point.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 11:40 AM

Taking over a 1-4 team and going 8-4.... Tebow being the only variable in the equation? Yeah it matters.

How did you do in science class by the way? Do you know what a variable is?

peacepipe
12-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Taking over a 1-4 team and going 8-4.... Tebow being the only variable in the equation? Yeah it matters.

It matters very little when you include defense/St into the equation. You act as if Tebow was the only player out there on the field.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 12:08 PM
It matters very little when you include defense/St into the equation. You act as if Tebow was the only player out there on the field.

The same d and st that was 1-4? You realize you make my whole argument, right? What changed on the 1-4 team?

I couldn't ask for a more clear argument actually. That's why I always win. I never side with the wrong argument. Also, I am not retarded.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-30-2012, 12:12 PM

You are pathetic when you think the defense had nothing to do with it. Giving up points of 15 10 13 13 10??

And none of what you just said matters when he was comparing a win percentage to other QBs who have played longer. Win percantage over a 14 game period or 30 game period?

Why are you even posting on a broncos board. You're not a fan

peacepipe
12-30-2012, 12:13 PM
The same d and st that was 1-4? You realize you make my whole argument, right? What changed on the 1-4 team?

I couldn't ask for a more clear argument actually. That's why I always win. I never side with the wrong argument. Also, I am not retarded.

The defense got better as the season went along,something tebow didn't do.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-30-2012, 12:13 PM

Always win? You're defending a punt protector. I'm sure you had fun winning all season watching tebow rot

DBroncos4life
12-30-2012, 12:17 PM

0-6 to 8-8 is way more impressive so Young is the better QB.

oubronco
12-30-2012, 12:17 PM
I love Tebow he's the Bestest

http://www.gifcrap.com/g2data/albums/Misc/Slow%20kid%20tied%20to%20a%20jungle%20gym.gif

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 12:18 PM
This is just sad. Is there anyone capable of giving me even a little competition? I'm like Achilles facing retards with rocks.

So sad....

oubronco
12-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Can't get untied from the jungle gym huh

Oh well at least you have your helmet on

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-30-2012, 12:24 PM
This is just sad. Is there anyone capable of giving me even a little competition? I'm like Achilles facing retards with rocks.

So sad....

The sad part is you have to defend your hero with false facts, trying to paint a picture of a fantasyland to re assure yourself. We just use game tape.

Must suck when the marshmellows in your head expand.

How did this year turn out for you? Broncos are 12-3 while your jets suck.

DBroncos4life
12-30-2012, 12:26 PM
The sad part is you have to defend your hero with false facts, trying to paint a picture of a fantasyland to re assure yourself. We just use game tape.

Must suck when the marshmellows in your head expand.

How did this year turn out for you? Broncos are 12-3 while your jets suck.

The retard has to hope for the Jags to keep his hero in the NFL and he thinks he is winning. LOL

Jay3
12-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Every thread about Tebow is a rehashing of the debate.....and until he succeeds in the NFL as a QB, or is no longer on an NFL team, this debate will continue to rage.

Agreed, I'm just not up for it. A new tidbit/suggestion popped up, and I was interested in commenting on it. Because that will be the relevant question on the table as we get to the next stage of Tebow -- i.e., is this the end of the road, or will JAX take a shot?

I was just surprised (shouldn't have been) that when there's a tiny glimpse of a new aspect to discuss, you're wanting to dive back in for a same discussion I've seen 1,000 times before. (And I think I've skimmed over 9/10 of them, so that's 10,000 in reality).

BroncoBeavis
12-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Always win? You're defending a punt protector. I'm sure you had fun winning all season watching tebow rot

Does KO lead the Broncos to the playoffs last year? You're still avoiding the question.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Does KO lead the Broncos to the playoffs last year? You're still avoiding the question.

Get it through your head. I'm not a KO fan. I wanted a change at QB. This isn't a secret. I saw the results. I saw tebow cannot play as a legit starter.

I have no ****ing clue if they go to the playoffs or not. Your asking a Question that gives a "what if" answer. It's speculating. But what we DO KNOW AS FACT is tebow would NOT have gotten us to the playoffs if it wasn't for Phillip rivers. A question that I've asked you and you can't answer. Thats something you are totally blind at.

What's hilarious is your question gives a speculating answer. My question gives a firm factual already happened in reality answer.

I win you lose.

fontaine
12-30-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm not even sure Tebow can run an option offense in the NFL.

The last two years he's had what, 4-5 cracked ribs in a less than 16 games? I'm not for or against Tebow as he's no longer a Bronco. I like the way he plays the game and really competes hard on the field. Too bad he doesn't have the passing skills or the physicality to back it up.

Blueflame
12-30-2012, 12:55 PM

Mainly because we still have people on here that think we never should have drafted him, and others who think that we never should have let him go...keep in mind I'm of neither camp.

I had no problem with the Broncos drafting him but also had no problem with them getting rid of him. As for the energy I have....not sure what that means since you post just as much as anyone else does about the guy.

We'll continue to have this debate as long as there are posters on this forum advancing wild tinfoil hat conspiracies about coaches (whose jobs depend on winning) intentionally tanking games rather than "giving Tebow a chance"... when the fact is that Tebow's skill set (the skills he lacks) is what has handicapped him at the NFL level. Not coaches or front offices.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 01:16 PM
I'll be here if anyone can man up..... In the meantime, going to wash the blood off of my sword.

BroncoBeavis
12-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Get it through your head. I'm not a KO fan. I wanted a change at QB. This isn't a secret. I saw the results. I saw tebow cannot play as a legit starter.

I have no ****ing clue if they go to the playoffs or not. Your asking a Question that gives a "what if" answer. It's speculating. But what we DO KNOW AS FACT is tebow would NOT have gotten us to the playoffs if it wasn't for Phillip rivers. A question that I've asked you and you can't answer. Thats something you are totally blind at.

What's hilarious is your question gives a speculating answer. My question gives a firm factual already happened in reality answer.

I win you lose.

Its going to be super fun throwing laundry on you every time you speculate. Isn't that pretty much what's done here?

Anyway its a simple question you can think through any way you want. Were we a better team with Tim Tebow last year? Feel free to dodge as usual.

oubronco
12-30-2012, 02:48 PM
Plan A Bittches!!!

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site513/2012/1015/20121015_105926_16manningbroncos_500.jpg

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Its going to be super fun throwing laundry on you every time you speculate. Isn't that pretty much what's done here?

Anyway its a simple question you can think through any way you want. Were we a better team with Tim Tebow last year? Feel free to dodge as usual.

I speculated we would win with Manning. Your were trashing manning back in march April saying he was washed up with tape on his neck.

And to answer your question, we were NOT a better team with tebow. We were a better team IN SPITE of tebow. There I answered your question.

Now answer this question. If Phillip rivers lost week 17 would tebow have taken the broncos to the playoffs? Feel free to dodge

BroncoBeavis
12-30-2012, 02:57 PM
I speculated we would win with Manning. Your were trashing manning back in march April saying he was washed up with tape on his neck.

And to answer your question, we were NOT a better team with tebow. We were a better team IN SPITE of tebow. There I answered your question.

Now answer this question. If Phillip rivers lost week 17 would tebow have taken the broncos to the playoffs? Feel free to dodge

Of course not. Silliy question. Then again we would've been 4 games out if your Caucasian Sanchez of a "NFL QB" would've held the reins all season. LOL

If you don't think so I guess you're calling John Fox an idiot. Take that to the other thread.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Of course not. Silliy question. Then again we would've been 4 games out if your Caucasian Sanchez of a "NFL QB" would've held the reins all season. LOL

If you don't think so I guess you're calling John Fox an idiot. Take that to the other thread.

You mean the threads where you teboners bashed Fox? GTFO calling someone else out for bashing fox. Like Elway said. There were broncos fans and there were tebow fans. Must suck watching this team grab the number 1 seed. Go be a jags fan now.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Can't you lose with some class drunken semenholic?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-30-2012, 03:19 PM

Ha! My guy is going to the playoffs. Yours is unemployed. I win. Plus I don't hide behind a 2nd profile cause of tebow love embarrassment

Jekyll15Hyde
12-30-2012, 03:25 PM
I love Tebow he's the Bestest

http://www.gifcrap.com/g2data/albums/Misc/Slow%20kid%20tied%20to%20a%20jungle%20gym.gif

I thought you were posting a pic of the stallion...

That tool has been owned up and down this thread and thinks he is cleaning house. Hilarious!

BroncoBeavis
12-30-2012, 03:26 PM
You mean the threads where you teboners bashed Fox? GTFO calling someone else out for bashing fox. Like Elway said. There were broncos fans and there were tebow fans. Must suck watching this team grab the number 1 seed. Go be a jags fan now.

LOL. You've really got to stop listening to Errand so much. That weak superfan sauce is right out of his playbook. You do realize he was THE biggest Ortonaut on this board don't you? He's all overcompensation ever since.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-30-2012, 03:26 PM

the jhizz is back. bummer

oubronco
12-30-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm so pissed they went and got Manning and didn't keep Tebow

Fuggin dumbass Tebow fans

maven
12-30-2012, 04:38 PM
tebow wouldve gotten this team to 14-2

BroncoBeavis
12-30-2012, 04:50 PM

LOL

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 04:51 PM
I thought you were posting a pic of the stallion...

That tool has been owned up and down this thread and thinks he is cleaning house. Hilarious!

He was. Nothing gets by you numb nuts. Clearly my ass kicking in this thread is more of a statement on the lack of intelligence of the other side.

Good catch, really. You is smart, you is beautiful, and you is retarded.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 04:52 PM

Lol.

Play2win
12-30-2012, 05:01 PM

Yeah, but it would've taken him 3 seasons...

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Orton would have gotten this team to 2-14.

DBroncos4life
12-30-2012, 05:12 PM
How many Tebow fans said Manning wouldn't last the 2012 season? Now looks like Tebow's career is in doubt not the other way around.

broncosteven
12-30-2012, 05:36 PM
How many Tebow fans said Manning wouldn't last the 2012 season? Now looks like Tebow's career is in doubt not the other way around.

Somewhere mCgruder is creating userid's on CFL forums preparing for Timmy's next team, maybe he goes to the RoughRiders or Argonauts.

errand
12-30-2012, 05:43 PM
LOL. You've really got to stop listening to Errand so much. That weak superfan sauce is right out of his playbook. You do realize he was THE biggest Ortonaut on this board don't you? He's all overcompensation ever since.

I see you're still trying to make hay out of the my support for Orton>Tebow is worse than your Tebow>Manning argument....but carry on clown. see the difference is that

I've not pined for Orton like you have for Tebow......

I did not wax eloquent the tears in my children's eyes after Orton was benched, then waived like you did over Tebow.....

I did not blast the organization for getting rid of Orton like you did for Tebow....

And unlike you when the question was posed who did I want as our starting QB for 2012....well, let's just take a stroll down memory lane -

Who do you want to be our quarterback in 2012.

PeytonManning
*WARHORSE*, Aftermath, alkemical, alpine, Ambiguous, Archie, Arkansas Bronco, Arkie, Asso Wilson, Atwater His Ass, ayjackson, bendog, Blart, Blueflame, BoiseBluTurf, bombay, bowtown, bronco610, broncocalijohn, Broncojef, BroncoLifer, BroncoMatt, BroncoSojia, Broncos_OTM, Bronkota, campocorto, chawknz, chickennob2, ColoradoBuff, Cpntrips, crawdad, Crushaholic, cutback, cutthemdown, DarkHorse30, DBroncos4life, DENVERDUI55, DenverDynamite, DomCasual, Dos Rios, Drunk idiot kicker, Drunk Monkey, Drunken.Broncoholic, Dukes, Durango, El Minion, elsid13, Endy, enjolras, errand, extralife, Fedaykin, flynzebra, Frisian, ghwk, gmp, GoBroncos DownUnder, GoHAM, gotfredson, GreeleyGrizzley, Gutless Drunk, hkbroncos, hookemhess, Houshyamama, Hulamau, Jack1118son, Jason7730, JCMElway, JCsuperstar, Jekyll15Hyde, kamakazi_kal, Kaylore, KevinJames, Kid A, Killericon, KipCorrington25, lod01, lvbronco, maher_tyler, Majik, maven, mellow mood, Mightysmurf, NFLBRONCO, oubronco, peacepipe, pokenation, Prodigal19, Que, randomtask, Ratboy, razorwire77, rdskier, Requiem, Rohirrim, Rolandftw, Ronnie Tsunami, Sassy, scannon, Schism, Shananahan, Shoemaker, SimonFletcher73, Sinedog, SJ Bronco, Slade, SonOfLe-loLang, SouthStndJunkie, spdirty, Spider, SpringStein, Stagger Lee, STBumpkin, Steve Sewell, stoxman, StugotsIII, Taco John, TheDave, theedge111, thevance_82, Tim, TonyR, Turd_Ferguson, v2micca, vancejohnson82, yerner, Ziggy
127 72.57%

Tim Tebow
55CrushEm, Aardvark, Agamemnon, BabyTO, Broncbow, BroncoBeavis, Broncobiv, broncogary, Broncoman13, Casper Bronco, Chris, Cito Pelon, ColoradoDarin, crazyhorse, DAN_BRONCO_FAN, Darkdoc, db56, dbfan21, Dedhed, Doggcow, El Jué, go_broncos, GreatBronco16, HighCountryBronco, jacob2125, Jay3, Jesterhole, jet19, jmz313, joe9999, lcbronco, lonestar, MacGruder, Marshall Dumervil, meangene, MileHighMagic, montrose, mustangtoby, myMind, NUB, rbackfactory80, sisterhellfyre, SoCalBronco, TD30, The Moops, TheFullTebow, winstoncup bronco, ~Crash~
48 27.43%

LOL LOL LOL

errand
12-30-2012, 05:45 PM

Practically all of them.....

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Practically all of them.....

Link?

SJ Bronco
12-30-2012, 06:58 PM
I see you're still trying to make hay out of the my support for Orton>Tebow is worse than your Tebow>Manning argument....but carry on clown. see the difference is that

I did not wax eloquent the tears in my children's eyes after Orton was benched, then waived like you did over Tebow.....

I did not blast the organization for getting rid of Orton like you did for Tebow....

And unlike you when the question was posed who did I want as our starting QB for 2012....well, let's just take a stroll down memory lane -

PeytonManning
*WARHORSE*, Aftermath, alkemical, alpine, Ambiguous, Archie, Arkansas Bronco, Arkie, Asso Wilson, Atwater His Ass, ayjackson, bendog, Blart, Blueflame, BoiseBluTurf, bombay, bowtown, bronco610, broncocalijohn, Broncojef, BroncoLifer, BroncoMatt, BroncoSojia, Broncos_OTM, Bronkota, campocorto, chawknz, chickennob2, ColoradoBuff, Cpntrips, crawdad, Crushaholic, cutback, cutthemdown, DarkHorse30, DBroncos4life, DENVERDUI55, DenverDynamite, DomCasual, Dos Rios, Drunk idiot kicker, Drunk Monkey, Drunken.Broncoholic, Dukes, Durango, El Minion, elsid13, Endy, enjolras, errand, extralife, Fedaykin, flynzebra, Frisian, ghwk, gmp, GoBroncos DownUnder, GoHAM, gotfredson, GreeleyGrizzley, Gutless Drunk, hkbroncos, hookemhess, Houshyamama, Hulamau, Jack1118son, Jason7730, JCMElway, JCsuperstar, Jekyll15Hyde, kamakazi_kal, Kaylore, KevinJames, Kid A, Killericon, KipCorrington25, lod01, lvbronco, maher_tyler, Majik, maven, mellow mood, Mightysmurf, NFLBRONCO, oubronco, peacepipe, pokenation, Prodigal19, Que, randomtask, Ratboy, razorwire77, rdskier, Requiem, Rohirrim, Rolandftw, Ronnie Tsunami, Sassy, scannon, Schism, Shananahan, Shoemaker, SimonFletcher73, Sinedog, SJ Bronco, Slade, SonOfLe-loLang, SouthStndJunkie, spdirty, Spider, SpringStein, Stagger Lee, STBumpkin, Steve Sewell, stoxman, StugotsIII, Taco John, TheDave, theedge111, thevance_82, Tim, TonyR, Turd_Ferguson, v2micca, vancejohnson82, yerner, Ziggy
127 72.57%

Tim Tebow
55CrushEm, Aardvark, Agamemnon, BabyTO, Broncbow, BroncoBeavis, Broncobiv, broncogary, Broncoman13, Casper Bronco, Chris, Cito Pelon, ColoradoDarin, crazyhorse, DAN_BRONCO_FAN, Darkdoc, db56, dbfan21, Dedhed, Doggcow, El Jué, go_broncos, GreatBronco16, HighCountryBronco, jacob2125, Jay3, Jesterhole, jet19, jmz313, joe9999, lcbronco, lonestar, MacGruder, Marshall Dumervil, meangene, MileHighMagic, montrose, mustangtoby, myMind, NUB, rbackfactory80, sisterhellfyre, SoCalBronco, TD30, The Moops, TheFullTebow, winstoncup bronco, ~Crash~
48 27.43%

LOL LOL LOL

Fact

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-30-2012, 07:03 PM

uh uhhh 30-0 ahahahahaah

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-30-2012, 07:14 PM

PeytonManning
*WARHORSE*, Aftermath, alkemical, alpine, Ambiguous, Archie, Arkansas Bronco, Arkie, Asso Wilson, Atwater His Ass, ayjackson, bendog, Blart, Blueflame, BoiseBluTurf, bombay, bowtown, bronco610, broncocalijohn, Broncojef, BroncoLifer, BroncoMatt, BroncoSojia, Broncos_OTM, Bronkota, campocorto, chawknz, chickennob2, ColoradoBuff, Cpntrips, crawdad, Crushaholic, cutback, cutthemdown, DarkHorse30, DBroncos4life, DENVERDUI55, DenverDynamite, DomCasual, Dos Rios, Drunk idiot kicker, Drunk Monkey, Drunken.Broncoholic, Dukes, Durango, El Minion, elsid13, Endy, enjolras, errand, extralife, Fedaykin, flynzebra, Frisian, ghwk, gmp, GoBroncos DownUnder, GoHAM, gotfredson, GreeleyGrizzley, Gutless Drunk, hkbroncos, hookemhess, Houshyamama, Hulamau, Jack1118son, Jason7730, JCMElway, JCsuperstar, Jekyll15Hyde, kamakazi_kal, Kaylore, KevinJames, Kid A, Killericon, KipCorrington25, lod01, lvbronco, maher_tyler, Majik, maven, mellow mood, Mightysmurf, NFLBRONCO, oubronco, peacepipe, pokenation, Prodigal19, Que, randomtask, Ratboy, razorwire77, rdskier, Requiem, Rohirrim, Rolandftw, Ronnie Tsunami, Sassy, scannon, Schism, Shananahan, Shoemaker, SimonFletcher73, Sinedog, SJ Bronco, Slade, SonOfLe-loLang, SouthStndJunkie, spdirty, Spider, SpringStein, Stagger Lee, STBumpkin, Steve Sewell, stoxman, StugotsIII, Taco John, TheDave, theedge111, thevance_82, Tim, TonyR, Turd_Ferguson, v2micca, vancejohnson82, yerner, Ziggy DAN_BRONCO_FAN,
127 72.57%

Tim Tebow
55CrushEm, Aardvark, Agamemnon, BabyTO, Broncbow, BroncoBeavis, Broncobiv, broncogary, Broncoman13, Casper Bronco, Chris, Cito Pelon, ColoradoDarin, crazyhorse, Darkdoc, db56, dbfan21, Dedhed, Doggcow, El Jué, go_broncos, GreatBronco16, HighCountryBronco, jacob2125, Jay3, Jesterhole, jet19, jmz313, joe9999, lcbronco, lonestar, MacGruder, Marshall Dumervil, meangene, MileHighMagic, montrose, mustangtoby, myMind, NUB, rbackfactory80, sisterhellfyre, SoCalBronco, TD30, The Moops, TheFullTebow, winstoncup bronco, ~Crash~
48 27.43%

LOL LOL LOL

i changed my vote lmfao
boy was i wrong i mean right thank god for elway manning

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-30-2012, 07:54 PM
What's amusing are the QBs these clowns were dissing, saying tebow was way better than them, are progressing in the NFL. QBs like Ponder improving their games while tebow is unemployed.

BroncoBeavis
12-30-2012, 07:58 PM
You got me. I wanted to continue the Tebow experiment this year. You wanted this to be year 1 of Kyle's shiny new contract. I'd feel a little more sheepish about the callouts after such an epic fail. But it is what it is.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 08:00 PM
What's amusing are the QBs these clowns were dissing, saying tebow was way better than them, are progressing in the NFL. QBs like Ponder improving their games while tebow is unemployed.

You mean a qb can progress with reps? I was told 16 starts is all you need to know... (Another loss for you btw....keep me coming.)

errand
12-30-2012, 08:05 PM
You got me. I wanted to continue the Tebow experiment this year. You wanted this to be year 1 of Kyle's shiny new contract. I'd feel a little more sheepish about the callouts after such an epic fail. But it is what it is.

LOL...again you lie!

I never said I hoped or dreamed that Orton would be signed to a new contract....

I asked one of your nuthugging cronies (after he said Orton was going to be gone after '11) if it were possible that if Orton played well and the Broncos improved that the Broncos might re-sign him. But feel free to continue acting like you struck gold....

errand
12-30-2012, 08:07 PM
You mean a qb can progress with reps? I was told 16 starts is all you need to know... (Another loss for you btw....keep me coming.)

Well of course they can improve with more reps....but first they have to impress the coaches enough to give them said reps.....

peacepipe
12-30-2012, 08:10 PM
It's a shame Tebow never showed any progress in any of his starts.

KipCorrington25
12-30-2012, 08:11 PM

PeytonManning
127 72.57%

Tim Tebow
48 27.43%

LOL LOL LOL

Hell yeah I voted for Manning, not that it was a tough choice... Halle Berry or Nell Carter sort of dilema.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Well of course they can improve with more reps....but first they have to impress the coaches enough to give them said reps.....

True. Hopefully Tebow can turn the ball over 50 times in two years to impress Rex Ryan.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 08:14 PM
It's a shame Tebow never showed any progress in any of his starts.

Yeah, 300 yards against the number 1 pass d in a playoff game is not progression from the bills or chiefs game. Good call.

peacepipe
12-30-2012, 08:15 PM
True. Hopefully Tebow can turn the ball over 50 times in two years to impress Rex Ryan.

Took long enough but he did bench Sanchez in favor McElroy.

DBroncos4life
12-30-2012, 08:15 PM

I hear the CFL hands out reps to players in need.

peacepipe
12-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Yeah, 300 yards against the number 1 pass d in a playoff game is not progression from the bills or chiefs game. Good call.

Flukes do happen.

DENVERDUI55
12-30-2012, 08:17 PM

Yeah 10-21 is really good QB play. I'll take the 4 catches for 200 yds as the real reason Denver won along with plays by the Defense.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 08:19 PM
Flukes do happen.

Wait..so you have dropped the progression argument and backed up to "it was a fluke"? Again....you guys make this too easy.

Stick the the arguments or go away. Losing so quickly and moving the goal posts when beaten is sad to watch.

Really, it's pathetic.

Another win for me.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Yeah 10-21 is really good QB play. I'll take the 4 catches for 200 yds as the real reason Denver won along with plays by the Defense.

Those catches, where they throws from a qb?

DENVERDUI55
12-30-2012, 08:20 PM

Why do you bring up Orton? Your the one that wanted Teblow over Manning. You were very strong that that was the right choice when Manning was 1000000000X better than your fatheat boy.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Took long enough but he did bench Sanchez in favor McElroy.

So, you think Rex Ryan is a good coach when it comes to evaluating qbs?

DENVERDUI55
12-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Those catches, where they throws from a qb?

No from a FB who completed less than 50% of his passes like he always does. 80 yards came on a routine play that a great WR turned into 80yds when it should of been 20. How many QB's get cover zero coverage on every play pretty much? None in the NFL unless you have a FB playing QB.

DBroncos4life
12-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Good QB's don't have to hope that the ****ing Jags sign them so they have a job. LOLROFL!Hilarious!:giggle: It's over he was a flash in the pan. We got a real QB and we can play big boy football now.

errand
12-30-2012, 08:26 PM

You're like Beavis...you think disdain for Tebow's lack of ability to throw the ball accurately = "I like Sanchez"

Here's a thought...Sanchez sucks, and so does Tebow. See how that works?

errand
12-30-2012, 08:28 PM

Pray tell, how many other games have you seen where Tebow had the success he had in that game? One....maybe two. That means that game is more the exception than the rule.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 08:30 PM
No from a FB who completed less than 50% of his passes like he always does. 80 yards came on a routine play that a great WR turned into 80yds when it should of been 20. How many QB's get cover zero coverage on every play pretty much? None in the NFL unless you have a FB playing QB.

So now he is a FB who got lucky? Got it. I see what I'm dealing with now. I once argued with a fat 12 year old girl about Glee being the worst show ever.
Her emotion based, estrogen laden vaginal queefs of debate tactics were so wildly uninspiring and pathetic that I just laughed in her face.

Debate is for men, honey. When your period is over, come find me.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 08:32 PM
You're like Beavis...you think disdain for Tebow's lack of ability to throw the ball accurately = "I like Sanchez"

Here's a thought...Sanchez sucks, and so does Tebow. See how that works?

I was talking about Rex Ryan.

Jeez, are you always wrong?

errand
12-30-2012, 08:32 PM
So, you think Rex Ryan is a good coach when it comes to evaluating qbs?

Perhaps he's not good at the evaluating of QB's....does that mean you are? Nope, it doesn't.

How you can see pass after pass sail over the head of intended receivers into the gatorade bucket or bounce into the grass 4-5 feet in front of him and stll think all he needs is more reps?

peacepipe
12-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Wait..so you have dropped the progression argument and backed up to "it was a fluke"? Again....you guys make this too easy.

Stick the the arguments or go away. Losing so quickly and moving the goal posts when beaten is sad to watch.

Really, it's pathetic.

Another win for me.flukes don't equal progression,so no I have not dropped the progression argument.

errand
12-30-2012, 08:34 PM
So now he is a FB who got lucky? Got it. I see what I'm dealing with now. I once argued with a fat 12 year old girl about Glee being the worst show ever.
Her emotion based, estrogen laden vaginal queefs of debate tactics were so wildly uninspiring and pathetic that I just laughed in her face.

Debate is for men, honey. When your period is over, come find me.

You argued with a 12 year old child? well I guess now you know how we feel debating you......

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Pray tell, how many other games have you seen where Tebow had the success he had in that game? One....maybe two. That means that game is more the exception than the rule.

You can find a rule in 16 starts? Impressive. You should be a scout.

The topic being discussed was about progression.

Try to keep up guys...please...I'm bored.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 08:35 PM
flukes don't equal progression,so no I have not dropped the progression argument.

Got it. How do you know it was a fluke?

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 08:36 PM
You argued with a 12 year old child? well I guess now you know how we feel debating you......

I like to try to help idiots become smart. I like humanity and do my part to improve it. The sludge of should have been aborted ****wits in this thread really could use my help, you know?

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 08:37 PM
Perhaps he's not good at the evaluating of QB's....does that mean you are? Nope, it doesn't.

How you can see pass after pass sail over the head of intended receivers into the gatorade bucket or bounce into the grass 4-5 feet in front of him and stll think all he needs is more reps?

I'm better than him for sure. I said Sanchez was a turnover prone loser last year. I would have benched him in week 3. I said the same of Orion and claimed Tebow would take us further.

So, I'm better than you and Ryan.

errand
12-30-2012, 08:44 PM
You can find a rule in 16 starts? Impressive. You should be a scout.

The topic being discussed was about progression.

Try to keep up guys...please...I'm bored.

He went from back-up to starter to punt protector to unemployed.....

How's that for progression?

BroncoBeavis
12-30-2012, 08:45 PM
LOL...again you lie!

I never said I hoped or dreamed that Orton would be signed to a new contract....

I asked one of your nuthugging cronies (after he said Orton was going to be gone after '11) if it were possible that if Orton played well and the Broncos improved that the Broncos might re-sign him...

LOL

But the context is even better coming from Mr "Orton's better than Jay because all he does is win games!"

peacepipe
12-30-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm better than him for sure. I said Sanchez was a turnover prone loser last year. I would have benched him in week 3. I said the same of Orion and claimed Tebow would take us further.

So, I'm better than you and Ryan.

So much so that he will be out of a job,it's just a shame only you see the potential in teblow. If only an NFL team were smart enough to hire you.Hilarious!

errand
12-30-2012, 08:46 PM
I like to try to help idiots become smart. I like humanity and do my part to improve it. The sludge of should have been aborted ****wits in this thread really could use my help, you know?

and you think arguing with a 12 year old child helps humanity? Duh, OK.....

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 08:47 PM
So much so that he will be out of a job,it's just a shame only you see the potential in teblow. If only an NFL team were smart enough to hire you.Hilarious!

It's true. If only. But as you can see by this thread, I win and value winning. I don't stubbornly cling to losers because of it. My ego is secondary to truth. That's why I am a winner, like Tebow.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 08:48 PM
and you think arguing with a 12 year old child helps humanity? Duh, OK.....

If I get that chunky **** to stop watching Glee, yes, it definitely helps everyone,

errand
12-30-2012, 08:49 PM
LOL

But the context is even better coming from Mr "Orton's better than Jay because all he does is win games!"

LOL....and yet that is the same argument you and your clown posse are tossing about to defend Tebow.

BTW, the Cowboys probably aren't going to cut Kyle Orton at the end of the season.....what do you think the Jets are going to do with Tebow?

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 08:51 PM
He went from back-up to starter to punt protector to unemployed.....

How's that for progression?

Again, you think Rex Ryan is a good qb evaluator when you say that. You understand that right? Tebows demotion says more about Ryan, who said Sanchez gave him the best chance to win (where have I heard that before.) than it does about Tebow.

If Ryan thought Tebow should start, I may start to sound like you guys. That means he sucks.

DBroncos4life
12-30-2012, 08:52 PM
LOL....and yet that is the same argument you and your clown posse are tossing about to defend Tebow.

BTW, the Cowboys probably aren't going to cut Kyle Orton at the end of the season.....what do you think the Jets are going to do with Tebow?

Orton will be in the NFL longer then Tebow.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 08:52 PM

They won't rid of Orton.. They need someone to throw game clinching interceptions in case romo gets hurt.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Orton will be in the NFL longer then Tebow.

Probably. He is really good in practice. That is what is most important.

peacepipe
12-30-2012, 08:57 PM
It's true. If only. But as you can see by this thread, I win and value winning. I don't stubbornly cling to losers because of it. My ego is secondary to truth. That's why I am a winner, like Tebow.
LOL ironic considering how hard you are clinging to tebow.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-30-2012, 09:00 PM

Again, I like winners. My ego is not so fragile that I would knock one down to make me feel better about being a loser, like you.

I can handle other winners... I wish we had a club where we could all meet and trade stories.

errand
12-30-2012, 09:20 PM
They won't rid of Orton.. They need someone to throw game clinching interceptions in case romo gets hurt.

Well they could always sign Sanchez right?

errand
12-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Probably. He is really good in practice. That is what is most important.

Well you might want to tell your boy Tebow that until he starts practicing better, he'll never get those "reps" to "progress"

BroncoBeavis
12-30-2012, 09:54 PM

Finally. You're starting to get it.

DENVERDUI55
12-31-2012, 06:28 AM

In his defense he will always be able to say well Teblow has a winning record because he might not start a game again. I remember Tebow for losing 4 of last 5 games in blowout fashion personally.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-31-2012, 08:17 AM
In his defense he will always be able to say well Teblow has a winning record because he might not start a game again. I remember Tebow for losing 4 of last 5 games in blowout fashion personally.

So me forming an opinion on 16 games is lame, but 5
is totally cool?

Great logic there. (another win)

Butterscotch Stallion
12-31-2012, 08:18 AM
Well you might want to tell your boy Tebow that until he starts practicing better, he'll never get those "reps" to "progress"

I'm sure he knows it.

2KBack
12-31-2012, 08:53 AM
Again, I like winners. My ego is not so fragile that I would knock one down to make me feel better about being a loser, like you.

I can handle other winners... I wish we had a club where we could all meet and trade stories.

So the guy who has a .507 win % and is 2nd string is a loser...

and the guy a .570% and is 3rd string is a winner?

Butterscotch Stallion
12-31-2012, 09:20 AM
So the guy who has a .507 win % and is 2nd string is a loser...

and the guy a .570% and is 3rd string is a winner?

do you think 57% is not better than 50%?

DENVERDUI55
12-31-2012, 10:34 AM
So me forming an opinion on 16 games is lame, but 5
is totally cool?

Great logic there. (another win)

I saw enough to think that he would never be a legit qb. Not that it matters but neither did Elway or the Jets. I called it before Tebow is going to bounce around the league. This is a passing game now and he is god awful at it.

broncosteven
12-31-2012, 11:23 AM
I saw enough to think that he would never be a legit qb. Not that it matters but neither did Elway or the Jets. I called it before Tebow is going to bounce around the league. This is a passing game now and he is god awful at it.

The thing is Tebow is being out Tebow'ed by RGIII, even Cam Newton is a better Run/pread Option/throwing QB than Tebow is.

I have a gut feeling that if he doesn't find a fit where he can start for a team this year he may just leave the NFL and go into politics or something where he can stay in the public eye and spread his message.

The worse his NFL career goes the more tarnished his image gets.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Ive barely read this thread. But it saddens me that I continuously see it at the top of the feed when we are 13-3 and have the number 1 seed.

BroncoBeavis
12-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Ive barely read this thread. But it saddens me that I continuously see it at the top of the feed when we are 13-3 and have the number 1 seed.

Yeah, it was this thread (among one or two others) that made me question what it is we do on this board.

I'm going to stop feeding it... until offseason at the very least. :)

Jay3
12-31-2012, 12:49 PM
The thing is Tebow is being out Tebow'ed by RGIII, even Cam Newton is a better Run/pread Option/throwing QB than Tebow is.

And with that development goes a bunch of the arguments as to why Tebow should not have been picked, or should not have been given a chance. And why the Broncos just had to stick with the Orton offense through Tebow's rookie and sophomore year.

It was always much simpler than people were willing to make it -- if the kid can throw it well enough, get him in there. If he can't, move him on into the heap wherever Blaine Gabbert, Brandon Weedon, Kevin Kolb, Brady Quinn, etc. all go.

Everything got too clenched up over Tebow's style of play, and arguments upon arguments that it could "never work." When in reality, anything can work.

It was always just a simple question of whether he's good enough to be one of the 32 starters in the league -- a very high standard, and one in which many people fall short of in a constant river of prospects.

Drek
12-31-2012, 12:50 PM

I have a gut feeling that if he doesn't find a fit where he can start for a team this year he may just leave the NFL and go into politics or something where he can stay in the public eye and spread his message.

The worse his NFL career goes the more tarnished his image gets.

Both RGIII and Cam Newton went to teams that made their success a top priority. Tebow got drafted by a coach who didn't make it through that season, took a team to the playoffs that had a coaching staff unwilling to let him throw, then wound up on a team that represented itself as wanting him to compete at QB but really just wanted him to be a gimmick.

Not really the same experience.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Both RGIII and Cam Newton went to teams that made their success a top priority. Tebow got drafted by a coach who didn't make it through that season, took a team to the playoffs that had a coaching staff unwilling to let him throw, then wound up on a team that represented itself as wanting him to compete at QB but really just wanted him to be a gimmick.

Both RG3 and cam can throw a pro pass. Tebow cannot throw on a consistent basis. It's pretty simple and his lack of skill is the reason he's not playing. Not some conspiracy to bring him down. Teboners will be blaming everyone but him all the way until he's out of the league. And when he's out of the league they'll still cry about tebow not getting a chance.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-31-2012, 01:35 PM

Pwned.

broncosteven
12-31-2012, 01:40 PM

2 of Tebows HC's refused to start him including the one who moved up in the draft to get him. I think both saw what they traded for and then had buyers remorse. I know he was drafted in a lockout year but still if mCd thought he was ready he would have put him in at some point during his last 6 game losing streak.

Plus McCoy built an O around the guy that helped him succeed and it still took miracles and one guy running out of bounds and the same guy fumbling to back into the playoffs.

RGIII and Newton are better versions of Tebow and are more successful.

Butterscotch Stallion
12-31-2012, 02:39 PM

Good point.

broncogary
12-31-2012, 03:03 PM
And with that development goes a bunch of the arguments as to why Tebow should not have been picked, or should not have been given a chance. And why the Broncos just had to stick with the Orton offense through Tebow's rookie and sophomore year.

It was always much simpler than people were willing to make it -- if the kid can throw it well enough, get him in there. If he can't, move him on into the heap wherever Blaine Gabbert, Brandon Weedon, Kevin Kolb, Brady Quinn, etc. all go.

Everything got too clenched up over Tebow's style of play, and arguments upon arguments that it could "never work." When in reality, anything can work.

It was always just a simple question of whether he's good enough to be one of the 32 starters in the league -- a very high standard, and one in which many people fall short of in a constant river of prospects.

I thought Weeden looked pretty good throwing the ball against us.

Agamemnon
12-31-2012, 04:18 PM
Both RG3 and cam can throw a pro pass. Tebow cannot throw on a consistent basis. It's pretty simple and his lack of skill is the reason he's not playing. Not some conspiracy to bring him down. Teboners will be blaming everyone but him all the way until he's out of the league. And when he's out of the league they'll still cry about tebow not getting a chance.

Has it ever occurred to you that it's a little bit of both? The circumstances Tebow has had to deal with have sucked. Period. At the same time he has failed to do what he needs to do to become a more accurate, consistent passer. He certainly has a share of the responsibility, but it's delusional to think very many QB prospects would thrive playing in three separate schemes under three different head coaches in three years.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Has it ever occurred to you that it's a little bit of both? The circumstances Tebow has had to deal with have sucked. Period. At the same time he has failed to do what he needs to do to become a more accurate, consistent passer. He certainly has a share of the responsibility, but it's delusional to think very many QB prospects would thrive playing in three separate schemes under three different head coaches in three years.

Playing in different schemes under different coaches in a short period is not a conspiracy to sabatoge him. It's just a mediocre to bad player being bounced around. If he's lucky he's gonna have yet another new coach/scheme. There are alot of QBs who have done the same thing, and no one is saying they are being sabatoged on purpose out of jealousy.

And to the guy in this thread who was hyping up his completion percentage this year? Well there's a punter this season who has more yards passing and a better completion percentage, so I guess in your eyes that punter would have to be a better passer. Smh.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 08:35 AM

Looking for the guy who was hyping up Tebows completion percentage this year I came across this nugget. Asking about my science class success, when someone should be asking about his math class success.

Taking over a 1-4 team and going 8-4...... 9-8 was their record last year? It's amazing how teboners always try and slip in and extra game here and there. Just a couple days ago Drek was crying about Tebow taking over a 1-5 team.

Try getting the amount of games correct in your silly arguments kids.

maven
01-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Looking for the guy who was hyping up Tebows completion percentage this year I came across this nugget. Asking about my science class success, when someone should be asking about his math class success.

Taking over a 1-4 team and going 8-4...... 9-8 was their record last year? It's amazing how teboners always try and slip in and extra game here and there. Just a couple days ago Drek was crying about Tebow taking over a 1-5 team.

Tebow is the only reason the team went from **** to great. You need to accept that.

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 08:42 AM

Why, in every Tebow argument, you disregard winning games in favor of completion %, is utterly beyond me.

And when you whine like a banshee about getting the # of games correct, try to do so yourself, lest you look like a complete turd. Their record last year was 9-9 after starting 1-4.

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Tebow is the only reason the team went from **** to great. You need to accept that.

It will never happen. The haters will simply never accept the fact that Tebow was the catalyst for all success the team had last year. They will invent any mitigating factors they can in order to avoid giving the kid any credit.

peacepipe
01-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Why, in every Tebow argument, you disregard winning games in favor of completion %, is utterly beyond me.

And when you whine like a banshee about getting the # of games correct, try to do so yourself, lest you look like a complete turd. Their record last year was 9-9 after starting 1-4.

Winning isn't sustainable when your completion % so low. As reflected in our 1-4 finish.

DBroncos4life
01-03-2013, 08:55 AM
It will never happen. The haters will simply never accept the fact that Tebow was the catalyst for all success the team had last year. They will invent any mitigating factors they can in order to avoid giving the kid any credit.

LOL

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Winning isn't sustainable when your completion % so low. As reflected in our 1-4 finish.

Even if that wasn't pure speculation it has no bearing on the argument.

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 08:57 AM
LOL

Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
01-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Hilarious!

I doubt you are smart enough to see why that is so funny. ROFL!Hilarious!

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 09:07 AM
I doubt you are smart enough to see why that is so funny. ROFL!Hilarious!Hilarious!LOLROFL!

DBroncos4life
01-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Hilarious!LOLROFL!

LOLHilarious!ROFL!:giggle:Hilarious!Ha!:spit:

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 09:12 AM
LOLHilarious!ROFL!:giggle:Hilarious!Ha!:spit:

I know, right?

BroncsRule
01-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Excessive use of smileys.. 15 yards from the spot of the foul, repeat 3rd down.

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Excessive use of smileys.. 15 yards from the spot of the foul, repeat 3rd down.

Dbronc doesn't even get that I'm making fun of his excessive smiley use.

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 09:17 AM
You guys are funny

Give Tebow his due please. He energized the team, put them on every sports network, got them to the playoffs and defeated Pitt. All while having no support from the front office at all. He never once complained or bad mouthed anyone.

DBroncos4life
01-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Dbronc doesn't even get that I'm making fun of his excessive smiley use.

It's even better that you think I care LOLROFL!Hilarious!:giggle:

Butterscotch Stallion
01-03-2013, 09:19 AM

He prefers to insult people as he puts his own head in the vice...its as laughable as it is pathetic...but hey, a wins a win and I love to rack up my record.

Semenholic is the chiefs, raiders and the chargers of my division. 6 wins off the bat.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-03-2013, 09:21 AM
You guys are funny

Give Tebow his due please. He energized the team, put them on every sports network, got them to the playoffs and defeated Pitt. All while having no support from the front office at all. He never once complained or bad mouthed anyone.

Wrong. It was ortons practice during the season that helped.

Gator20134
01-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Wrong. It was ortons practice during the season that helped.

Randy Orton?

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 09:25 AM

9-9??

Are you people ****ing dense? There's only 16 games in a season. Why do you include playoff games?? We are talking REGULAR season stats, so REGULAR season games are included.

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 09:25 AM
It's even better that you think I care LOLROFL!Hilarious!:giggle:
Posting about the fact that you don't care doesn't ring as honest.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 09:26 AM
He prefers to insult people as he puts his own head in the vice...its as laughable as it is pathetic...but hey, a wins a win and I love to rack up my record.

Semenholic is the chiefs, raiders and the chargers of my division. 6 wins off the bat.

Says the guy who calls anyone who doesn't agree with him an idiot.

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 09:27 AM
9-9??
. Why do you include playoff games??

B/c they're more important than regular season games.

DBroncos4life
01-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Posting about the fact that you don't care doesn't ring as honest.

You really think that a guy that claimed JJ Watt was another JE should be trying to convince people that Tebow is a good QB? Good QB's don't hope that the ****ing Jags pick him up so he still can be in the NFL LOLROFL!Hilarious!:giggle:

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 09:29 AM
B/c they're more important than regular season games.

We were talking regular seasons stats. Playoff games are not reflected in a players regular season stats. And even if we were including playoffs, dude still counted wrong. 1-4 to 8-4? That ain't 9-9

pricejj
01-03-2013, 09:32 AM

Without Tebow, there is no Manning.

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 09:35 AM
We were talking regular seasons stats. Playoff games are not reflected in a players regular season stats. And even if we were including playoffs, dude still counted wrong. 1-4 to 8-4? That ain't 9-9

You don't count the playoffs b/c Tebow got us there and it obliterates your argument. We get it.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 09:37 AM
You don't count the playoffs b/c Tebow got us there and it obliterates your argument. We get it.

Ha! Ya sure he got us there. That's why you were clinching your butthole praying that Phillip Rivers would beat the raiders following that pitiful performance by tebow earlier in the day.

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 09:38 AM

They always like to say "He ended the season 1-4" even though that counts two playoff games. Then they want to throw out any stats from those games, because it makes them look bad.

LOL

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 09:39 AM
You really think that a guy that claimed JJ Watt was another JE should be trying to convince people that Tebow is a good QB? Good QB's don't hope that the ****ing Jags pick him up so he still can be in the NFL LOLROFL!Hilarious!:giggle:
Psst....here's a little secret. It's not the first or last time I'll be wrong about an NFL prospect.Please don't let anyone know, I'm trying for a GM gig?

You should use that every time you get slapped around in an argument though, it's very distracting.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 09:40 AM
They always like to say "He ended the season 1-4" even though that counts two playoff games. Then they want to throw out any stats from those games, because it makes them look bad.

LOL

Name one post where I said 1-4. I've always said 0-3.

Boom

DBroncos4life
01-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Psst....here's a little secret. It's not the first or last time I'll be wrong about an NFL prospect.Please don't let anyone know, I'm trying for a GM gig?

You should use that every time you get slapped around in an argument though, it's very distracting.

I'm being slapped around in a argument about these?======>LOLROFL!:giggle:Hilarious!:giggle:ROFL!LOL

Irish Stout
01-03-2013, 09:41 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2012

they get more fans per game than do the lions, steelers, bears, bengals, cardinals, vikings, chargers, dolphins, rams, bucs, and raiders.

Though those stats are interesting, especially seeing the seating numbers of Pitt and the Bears - the Jax stadium is designed to expand seating up to 85,000 people (which it did for the FSU v. Alabama game in 2010) and non-expanded seating of 76,000. They're covering up nearly 10,000 seats when its not expanded because they can't fill the stadium. If Denver had 10,000 extra seats they would be filled easily.

In contrast, Heinz field in Pitts can only seat 65,000 for football games, but they've had sell outs since 1972.

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 09:43 AM

BoomWhat other QBs do we need to write off because they went 0-3 at some point during their careers. hmmm... I wonder if that list includes more names than "Tebow".

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm being slapped around in a argument about these?======>LOLROFL!:giggle:Hilarious!:giggle:ROFL!LOL

No, that's what's funny.

BroncoBeavis

Boom

1-4 down the stretch. I watched every one of his plays during the jets preseason. I saw nothing. Nada. Not even one TD. And this regular season? Well I've seen him take sacks in the redzone. Punt protect. And a few 3 yard runs with a couple passes thrown in. Hardly the powerhouse that is perceived by some.

Bam LOL

DBroncos4life
No, that's what's funny.

It's funny because you are not slapping me around?

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 09:48 AM
What other QBs do we need to write off because they went 0-3 at some point during their careers. hmmm... I wonder if that list includes more names than "Tebow".

Going 0-3 isn't even a priority in my case. Sucking is though. Hell I could just use where his career has ended up so far. And next year ill have even more evidence.

Right now you would have a stronger case if the guy even just scored 1 TD all year INCLUDING preseason. You lovers are going off what if arguements and future speculation. Hoping he follows the footsteps of other "rookie" QBs people like Beavis compare him to.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Bam LOL

Ha way to fix it. And that would be correct if I wasn't talking about regular season stats. Bringing up 6-8 (not you another poster) as a great completion percentage is hilarious, and a regular season stat

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 09:52 AM
Going 0-3 isn't even a priority in my case. Sucking is though. Hell I could just use where his career has ended up so far. And next year ill have even more evidence.

Right now you would have a stronger case if the guy even just scored 1 TD all year INCLUDING preseason. You lovers are going off what if arguements and future speculation. Hoping he follows the footsteps of other "rookie" QBs people like Beavis compare him to.It seems like you're forgetting that my case is only that Tebow was THE catalyst behind success last year. Where his career is, or will go has zero to do with that case.

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 09:52 AM
It's funny because you are not slapping me around?
I'm not going to walk you through it, and remember; you don't care anyway.:kiss:

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 09:54 AM
It seems like you're forgetting that my case is only that Tebow was THE catalyst behind success last year. Where his career is, or will go has zero to do with that case.

Ill play the what if. What happens if his defense gave up 15 points in over half his games, you know, the ones where they only score 13 or 10 points? To say he was the ONLY reason is insane.

errand
01-03-2013, 09:59 AM
You guys are funny

We've given him his due....we have stated that he helped. But because most rational people on here have also pointed out that-

[] the defense holding opposing teams to 15 points per game during the winning streak helped too as they created timely turnovers that enabled our team to win those close games like

Goodman's INT in Minnesota game setting up GW FG.....

holding KC to 8.5 points per game....(oh, wait, we lost one of those)

DJ's sack and fumble recovery in Dolphins game setting up another GW FG....

Constantly setting the Broncos up at or near midfield damn near every possesion vs. Jets

[] ST's with recovering onside kick vs. Dolphins, Colquitt pinning opponents with great punts and Prater making clutch kick after clutch kick

[] Luck also played a role like Barber running out of bounds when Bears could have killed the clock had he not had such a brain fart....and his subsequent fumble....and the fact that the Raiders laid an egg in their season finale that enabled us to sneak in after the Broncos blew their chances by losing their last 3 games when one solitary win would have clinched the division title.

....the myth perpetuated by the Tebow fans is that we just simply hate the kid for his religious beliefs, or that he was a UF player...etc. But when asked to produce these alleged posts, they never ever do. I've been accused of being a huge "hater"...but when challenged to read EVERY post I ever made about Tebow, they never have...not once.

Now I don't expect you to take my word for any of this...just read the old threads and posts where the nuthugging legion of Tebow fans ever acknowledged these facts were a factor in the Broncos winning the AFCW going 7-4 after their 1-4 start.

All you'll read is how the team, team mates, coaching staff and VP Elway let him down, undermined his development, dropped passes, the coaches wouldn't let him throw, they handcuffed him for 55 minutes of every game, bad play calling, etc.

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Ill play the what if. What happens if his defense gave up 15 points in over half his games? To say he was the ONLY reason is insane.
I don't think you understand the idea of "catalyst".

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-03-2013, 10:02 AM
We've given him his due....we have stated that he helped. But because most rational people on here have also pointed out that-

[] the defense holding opposing teams to 15 points per game during the winning streak helped too as they created timely turnovers that enabled our team to win those close games like

Constantly setting the Broncos up at or near midfield damn near every possesion vs. Jets

[] ST's with recovering onside kick vs. Dolphins, Colquitt pinning opponents with great punts and Prater making clutch kick after clutch kick

[] Luck also played a role like Barber running out of bounds when Bears could have killed the clock had he not had such a brain fart....and his subsequent fumble....and the fact that the Raiders laid an egg in their season finale that enabled us to sneak in after the Broncos blew their chances by losing their last 3 games when one solitary win would have clinched the division title.

Now I don't expect you to take my word for any of this...just read the old threads and posts where the nuthugging legion of Tebow fans ever acknowledged these facts were a factor in the Broncos winning the AFCW going 7-4 after their 1-4 start.

All you'll read is how the team, team mates, coaching staff and VP Elway let him down, undermined his development, dropped passes, the coaches wouldn't let him throw, they handcuffed him for 55 minutes of every game, bad play calling, etc.

But they'll tell you tebow still would've won without that help!

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 10:04 AM

....the myth perpetuated by the Tebow fans is that we just simply hate the kid for his religious beliefs, or that he was a UF player...etc. But when asked to produce these alleged posts, they never ever do. I've been accused of being a huge "hater"...but when challenged to read EVERY post I ever made about Tebow, they never have...not once.

All you'll read is how the team, team mates, coaching staff and VP Elway let him down, undermined his development, dropped passes, the coaches wouldn't let him throw, they handcuffed him for 55 minutes of every game, bad play calling, etc.Where was all this help at 1-4?

Dedhed
01-03-2013, 10:04 AM

All you'll read is how the team, team mates, coaching staff and VP Elway let him down, undermined his development, dropped passes, the coaches wouldn't let him throw, they handcuffed him for 55 minutes of every game, bad play calling, etc.Where was all this help at 1-4?

BroncoBeavis
01-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Ha way to fix it. And that would be correct if I wasn't talking about regular season stats. Bringing up 6-8 (not you another poster) as a great completion percentage is hilarious, and a regular season stat

Why would you ever care more about regular season stats than playoff stats? There's no objective scenario where that makes any sense.

And sorry, but there's no better example of your double standard than the 2-8 (KC game) vs 6-8 (this season) comparisons. You've personally used the former as evidence of something, yet laugh at others for talking about the latter.

You literally play the very same selective sampling games you criticize others for. Let's just cut the crap and boil this down to what it is. Teebsuxfrospyros.