PDA

View Full Version : 30 million dollar upgrade for Mile High Stadium.

24champ
12-21-2012, 04:57 PM
About $30 million in improvements will be made to Sports Authority Field at Mile High in time for the 2013 season.

Most of the money will be allocated to updating the stadium's video boards.

"It's not really tied to the Super Bowl bid," said Andy Gorchov, general manager of the stadium management company, the operating arm for Sports Authority Field. "The potential year for a Super Bowl is pretty far down the road. This is more about a need to provide the best fan experience we can today and tomorrow."

The cost will be shared by the Broncos and the Metropolitan Football Stadium District and won't involve new taxes.

"Funds are paid into the account on a yearly basis and are used for stadium upgrades and renovations to prolong the life of the facility," said Stadium District spokesman Matt Sugar.

The largest video board behind the south stands will be high- definition LED (light emitting diode) and three times larger at 8,800 square feet.

The video boards in the stadium's northeast and northwest sections will be 43 percent larger. The "ribbon" boards that run along the third-level fašade also will be replaced.

Read more: Broncos, Stadium District to spend $30 million on Mile High improvements - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22241443/broncos-stadium-district-spend-30-million-stadium-improvements?utm_medium=facebook#ixzz2FjZEiybJ
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

ludo21
12-21-2012, 05:00 PM
woohoo, bigger tv to take away from the product on the field ;D

huh??
12-21-2012, 05:11 PM
woohoo, bigger tv to take away from the product on the field ;D

Nah...
It's to make the stadium experience more like being in your own living room. !Booya!

crush17
12-21-2012, 05:18 PM
I love it. The stadium needs everything they are planning.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Hope they're planning to do something about the pigeon problem.

Kaylore
12-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Bowlen's Broke!

24champ
12-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Bowlen's Broke!

Bowlen isn't paying for the whole thing.

maven
12-21-2012, 08:05 PM
OT: I heard the Bills today pumping $150 million into their stadium.

maven
12-21-2012, 08:07 PM
"The video boards in the stadium's northeast and northwest sections will be 43 percent larger. The "ribbon" boards that run along the third-level fašade also will be replaced."

So will these be brighter and more annoying? H8 these things in stadiums btw

XXXII&III
12-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Wow, enlarging the jumbotron by 3 times? Cool.... our own (smaller) version of Jerry Jones' toy. I'd like to see them increase the size of the two smaller boards by a lot more than what they're planning, though.

"It's not really tied to the Superbowl bid." Yeah, right.

broncosteven
12-21-2012, 08:49 PM
I could care less about the replay boards. If I am going to a game I am watching the field not the board.

CSU Husker
12-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Best upgrade they could do is to convert some of the women's bathrooms into men's, so it doesn't take 20 minutes to take a leak.

Bacchus
12-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Hope they're planning to do something about the pigeon problem.

Pigeon problem, have you seen this amazing video?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hnOiqQ_f6bs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lestat
12-21-2012, 09:16 PM
very nice, Elway is getting it done.
hopefully SAF soon resembles the old mile high.
it felt like the Broncos should never lose there. just intimidating as hell.

ak1971
12-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Best upgrade they could do is to convert some of the women's bathrooms into men's, so it doesn't take 20 minutes to take a leak.

better yet..just put the troughs back in..or do what they have down at the Air Force Academy (walls) ...we just want to piss and get out

XXXII&III
12-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Walls?!?? That's a water feature I don't ever want to see.

broncosteven
12-21-2012, 09:57 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hnOiqQ_f6bs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FREEBIRD at the end was classic!

XXXII&III
12-21-2012, 10:02 PM
That bird must be related to "our" pigeon..... ours stayed on the field almost as long. He was herded to the Broncos sideline by three handlers, but decided he liked the 20-yard line more so returned. He ended up leaving on his own, though, when he was good and ready. Didn't go out in a bucket.

RhymesayersDU
12-21-2012, 10:10 PM
I could care less about the replay boards. If I am going to a game I am watching the field not the board.

Have you ever been to a game? On any kind of big/controversial play, everybody there wants to see a replay. And then everybody turns to the screens.

XXXII&III
12-21-2012, 10:15 PM
And some of us like to see ourselves up there.

And apparently this year some need to look up there for instructions on when to be loud and when to shut up.

RhymesayersDU
12-21-2012, 10:32 PM
And some of us like to see ourselves up there.

And apparently this year some need to look up there for instructions on when to be loud and when to shut up.

It's been tough without SuperFan TGN telling us who to root for and when to root.

maher_tyler
12-21-2012, 10:47 PM

You know your team is bad when a Pigeon is more entertaining than the game. Funny as hell when the crowd starts booing...

DBroncos4life
12-21-2012, 10:55 PM

Which one? The one in America or Canada?

XXXII&III
12-21-2012, 11:00 PM
You know your team is bad when a Pigeon is more entertaining than the game. Funny as hell when the crowd starts booing...

Actually, when "our" pigeon took the field (Texans game) he got a lot of attention, too. We weren't bad, we just lost. On more than one occasion there was a collective gasp from the crowd when he almost got run over during a play. The Pigeon Patrol was booed when they herded him over to the sideline, and the bird was cheered when he came off the bench back out to the 20. He probably wasn't nearly as entertaining to those who've had to duck and dodge the pigeon sh*t all year, though.

mkporter
12-22-2012, 02:30 AM

Technically, the Bills are putting $35M into the stadium. The state and county are putting the other $95M in. Being a NFL owner is awesome.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-22-2012, 03:06 AM
good about time they did a lil improving

montrose
12-22-2012, 04:31 AM
They introduced stadium-wide WiFi this year. It's actually pretty fast but that could be because they don't promote it too much, hopefully they'll boost it with time. All of this is being done as stadiums compete with living rooms for fans who want their big screens and WiFi to check their fantasy teams.

It has been weird walking around the stadium and seeing old TVs so upgrading there will be nice, I just hope they get HD signal because seeing a flat screen hooked up to basic cable looks crappier than an analog set, IMO.

Random thought: I wonder how many more names they can fit on the Ring of Fame? There's a few blank spots on the east side, I assume they could slide everyone to the left to open up more room. Oh well, probably won't be an issue until it's time for a new stadium, lol.

My #1 request remains: please find a place on a scoreboard for timeouts and leave it there!

very nice, Elway is getting it done.

This is probably a Joe Ellis deal.

Punisher
12-22-2012, 06:29 AM
How about give me some of that money. Or send out a 10 thousand dollar check to all the season ticket holders.

RhymesayersDU
12-22-2012, 08:03 AM
They introduced stadium-wide WiFi this year. It's actually pretty fast but that could be because they don't promote it too much

Whoa, there's WiFi? I definitely didn't know that. I'll need to try it during the KC game, although by then I won't have a fantasy team to worry about.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-22-2012, 08:08 AM

I did.

But this is worse: http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21526189/broncos-fans-say-pigeons-ruining-stadium-experience

Endy
12-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Love it. Video boards are for more than just replays. Stats, other scores...etc. The university I work for just got a new big a$$ video board and it is freaking sweet.

Irish Stout
12-22-2012, 10:16 AM
I hope they plan on providing more information for in game things. Sometimes its really hard to tell during a time out how many time outs we have and it would be good to see a more constant showing of player stats.

loborugger
12-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Bowlen's Broke!

He is. However, he is also too drunk to realize how broke he is.

NFLBRONCO
12-22-2012, 10:56 AM
I'd love a silencer added for fans who say INCOMPLETE every home game can't be heard. So annoying to hear it.

wolf754life
12-22-2012, 11:01 AM
In ...........COM.........................PLETE...... .........fourth down!

lonestar
12-22-2012, 11:42 AM
I'd love a silencer added for fans who say INCOMPLETE every home game can't be heard. So annoying to hear it.

so turn down the sound on your hearing aide.

the whole Idea is to get into the opposing QBs head.. if it offends you tuff teat..

NFLBRONCO
12-22-2012, 01:12 PM
so turn down the sound on your hearing aide.

the whole Idea is to get into the opposing QBs head.. if it offends you tuff teat..

If this is true how come I never hear it in any other stadiums its a copy cat league? I doubt it does anything to opposing QB's. I guess I'm the only one that thinks its lame and a pet peeve.

Mogulseeker
12-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Fentress did a terrible job designing the stadium for sound. Maybe they should fix that.

Armchair Bronco
12-22-2012, 02:30 PM
How much of the money is coming from taxpayers? Or is the federal government stepping in and paying for part of it as a rider to some bailout legislation?

RhymesayersDU
12-22-2012, 02:48 PM
I don't think the "in com plete" chant really gets into anyone's head, but I do like it and always yell it.

Bacchus
12-22-2012, 03:18 PM
How much of the money is coming from taxpayers? Or is the federal government stepping in and paying for part of it as a rider to some bailout legislation?

none from people that live in seattle, what do you care?

Armchair Bronco
12-22-2012, 03:38 PM
none from people that live in seattle, what do you care?

Well, if the Feds *were* pitching in, then that would be my money...and then I WOULD care...

One of the things I like about Jerry Jones is that he built his new playpen in Dallas with 100% PRIVATE funding. Imagine that...

EDIT: Actually, I'm wrong. The city pitched in, and Jones covered the overruns. I'll scratch Jones off my list of "Rich Guys Who Pay for their Own Sh!t".

Bacchus
12-22-2012, 03:42 PM
Well, if the Feds *were* pitching in, then that would be my money...and then I WOULD care...

One of the things I like about Jerry Jones is that he built his new playpen in Dallas with 100% PRIVATE funding. Imagine that...

ok, go be a cowboys fan. Jones had more money than other owners because he makes more money because he owns the cowboys. they are a cash cow, the Broncos..... not so much.

and if you read the article it tells you there are no new taxes for the upgrade.

onehoop
09-07-2013, 06:06 PM
The only wifi networks I could see were Verizon Wireless and Dish Customer. How can I access these? Gotta give us something since they killed Fanvision.

SoCalBronco
09-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Bowlen isn't paying for the whole thing.

Figures