PDA

View Full Version : Would you want Tebow back if Jets would trade him back fr their 4th and 6th round picks if he agreed

Pages : [1] 2

baja
12-20-2012, 09:29 AM
to play any position the Broncos asked of him?

Maybe MLB or TE?

Tombstone RJ
12-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Are you high? Seriously.

Lestat
12-20-2012, 09:33 AM
no, the media baggage that comes with him, the rabid "he just needs a chance fans" and the way his departure played out would be bad for the team.

the only project we need is Brock.

oubronco
12-20-2012, 09:33 AM
HELL NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Irish Stout
12-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Would rather have 4th and 6th round picks. His media circus would distract from next year's primary goal.

That being said, I think the kid deserves a legit shot somewhere.

BroncoBeavis
12-20-2012, 09:35 AM
Brilliant. Speed-dialing billboard company now.

baja
12-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Are you high? Seriously.

It's a question. That's all, a question.

You might be surprised how many would see that as a good deal for us. As long as it was clear he was not a QB there would be no destructive Tebowmania

razorwire77
12-20-2012, 09:36 AM
I would rather have a midget uppercut me in the groin, than bring the circus back to town.

BroncoBeavis
12-20-2012, 09:38 AM
I would rather have a midget uppercut me in the groin, than bring the circus back to town.

Ironically many circus fans are into the midget boxing as well. Win win.

Broncoman13
12-20-2012, 09:40 AM
I think once he fails he will turn into quite the effective TE/H-back type. I think he compares favorably to a Frank Wychec type of player. His leadership and work ethic will be a nice addition to any team. He just has to fail as a QB enough to realize his best chance to play in the NFL is at a different position. So all that being said, if he realizes he isn't a QB, yeah I'd love to have him in Denver!

baja
12-20-2012, 09:40 AM

If it were clear he was not to play the QB position there would be no circus - that will have run it's course.

Not saying I want it. That 4th round pick will be pretty high but I would love to see it Tebow can play MLB. God knows we need one.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Good deal? We're 11-3 with no drama in the lockerroom or the media. I fail to see any positive that would come out of it. He's not worth a late rounder if he's changing to a position he's never played before. I'd rather have that for a college kid who's played his position all his short life

Rohirrim
12-20-2012, 09:43 AM
I would rather be eaten by zombies.

TonyR
12-20-2012, 09:44 AM
You might be surprised how many would see that as a good deal for us. As long as it was clear he was not a QB there would be no destructive Tebowmania

Most of the Teboners now either pretend they weren't ever Teboners or are in hiding.

BroncoBeavis
12-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Did you change the thread title to mention the 4th and 6th rounders, or am I just losing my mind?

razorwire77
12-20-2012, 09:49 AM
If it were clear he was not to play the QB position there would be no circus - that will have run it's course.

Not saying I want it. That 4th round pick will be pretty high but I would love to see it Tebow can play MLB. God knows we need one.

Even if it were clear to him and he accepted a new role, the circus (media and fan) that follows him would not. I'm not so much worried about Manning, but what happens after he retires in a couple of years. The team needs to determine quickly if Brock can be the QBOTF. I wouldn't be surprised if Elway takes another QB high in the draft in either 2013 or 2014. The last thing a young QB needs is to have to deal with a cluster**** like that.

strafen
12-20-2012, 09:51 AM

Maybe MLB or TE?

You're a freakin' moron!
I'm surprised you haven't asked to have McD back as quarterback coach to Peyton... :rofl:

Smiling Assassin27
12-20-2012, 09:52 AM
absolutely freakin' NOT.

let the guy sign with the argonauts or roughriders.

broncocalijohn
12-20-2012, 09:54 AM

LOL! Dude, you aren't getting Tebow back. It was obvious Elway wanted nothing to do with Tebow style of play. He got what he wanted in manning and Brock. I can't believe you are going this route. Those picks are going to improve the team, Tebow isn't going to improve the team.
If he isnt playing QB, what experience does he have at that position? He isn't worth it. Now if he was released and you wanted to try him out at a position not called QB, I would still say it wouldnt happen.

Are you high?

Tombstone RJ
12-20-2012, 09:57 AM

TT only wants to play QB.

Br0nc0Buster
12-20-2012, 10:07 AM
We were able to rid ourselves of that disease, why would we want it back?

The Jets would have to be offering US picks before I would consider it

Smilin Assassin
12-20-2012, 10:10 AM
No.

But, I loved what Tim did for us and will always appreciate that. So long as he stays out of the AFC West, I think I'll always root for the kid now.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Why are people so sure he can be a TE. Has he ever caught a ball in his life?

mr007
12-20-2012, 10:14 AM
If you sold a pile of **** to someone would you buy said pile of **** back after they realized what they received?

BroncoMan4ever
12-20-2012, 10:16 AM

I see what you're thinking, but the circus would still occur. Tebow still believes he is a QB only. He doesn't want to play a different position. Because of that and the Tebow over team fans it would cause way too much crap

broncofever
12-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Wouldn't that mean we'd get McGruder back too?

DenverBroncosJM
12-20-2012, 10:17 AM
I like the kid but I would not want him back. It's not Tebows fault all of the drama it's the media.

crush17
12-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Stupid thread. And you're the one bitching about the discussion on the front page not being "on topic" Baja.

WTF kind of question is this, really?

broncocalijohn
12-20-2012, 10:29 AM

Oh, I am sure he has caught a few balls in his life. He did break up ith his media girlfriend just recently so he can really work on that part again.

Requiem
12-20-2012, 10:30 AM
No.

BroncoBeavis
12-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Stupid thread. And you're the one b****ing about the discussion on the front page not being "on topic" Baja.

WTF kind of question is this, really?

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG0BRuv8p5eeXJXX8jpMW8XQ2dJuYNQ oTLYnp3qWoi22WHIraf

GreatBronco16
12-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Hell to the naw. Can't believe someone even thought about this for a thread, but then I look at who started it.:thumbs:

DENVERDUI55
12-20-2012, 10:39 AM
If you were in a river of snot up to your neck and someone threw a bucket of **** at you would you duck?

maven
12-20-2012, 10:47 AM
TT only wants to play QB.

Agree with this. He is not going to get that opportunity here. So no.

Agree with this. I haven't seen any amazing TE skills so far.

Bronco Yoda
12-20-2012, 10:57 AM
No way... Not at this time and I'm a Tebow fan.

You either go all in with him in a special QB system that suites him or not. I've never seen him catch a pass and doubt he's really stout enough to play LB in the NFL. I could see it working as a hybrid Fullback maybe in 5 years if he got the QB fever out of his system and he proved that he could really block & catch. But that's a lot of if's and few years down the line.

I would like to see him in JAX running his thing. As a football fan, it would be fun to see if the experiment could work. I think it could if for no other reason for it's uniqueness.

I will root for his success as long as he stays out of the AFC West. Otherwise he becomes enemy number 1 !

troyjbath
12-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Nope, the Tebowners and media circus can go elsewhere. This team doesn't need any distractions. They'll do just fine without him.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-20-2012, 11:04 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GK6wFbTQcgw/T7PDWgW_swI/AAAAAAAABMM/rBVz7iwjTas/s160/bluth-no.gif

Rolandftw
12-20-2012, 11:10 AM
No, I wouldn't give up the picks to bring him back.

Now, if he was open to playing FB, and would be okay going to Denver as a free agent, absolutely. He's definitely a football player. He's just not a pro style QB.

DomCasual
12-20-2012, 11:21 AM
I would do it only if they would include Tony Sparano in the deal. I would love to have him come in here and replicate the Wildcat, like he's done with the Jets this year. That thing is unstoppable!

Crushaholic
12-20-2012, 11:21 AM
No, I wouldn't give up the picks to bring him back.

Now, if he was open to playing FB, and would be okay going to Denver as a free agent, absolutely. He's definitely a football player. He's just not a pro style QB.

That's exactly my stance. We keep the picks, but Tebow can be a free agent signing. It HAS to be with the caveat that he will NEVER be the signal caller. We all saw his running skills. I think he would be GREAT, if he doesn't have to throw the ball...

DomCasual
12-20-2012, 11:22 AM
One more thing that I am just going to throw out there.

Tebow's completion % this year = 75%
Peyton's competion % this year = 67.9%

I don't know about the rest of you; but in my world, 75 is a higher number than 67.9.

That's all I'm saying.

BroncoMan4ever
12-20-2012, 11:25 AM
I like the kid but I would not want him back. It's not Tebows fault all of the drama it's the media.

Really? Not his fault? I seem to recall him not saying anything to limit the Tebowmania crap while in Denver. He could have at anytime come out and said he is grateful for hia fans but he would appreciate it if they would support his teammates and those ahead of him on the depth chart. He didn't begin the Tebow crap but he could jave lessened its impact

troyjbath
12-20-2012, 11:35 AM

I don't know about the rest of you; but in my world, 75 is a higher number than 67.9.

That's all I'm saying.

There is a big difference. Payton plays every down as a "real" quarterback. Tim is playing as a qb gimmick. You can't compare the stats. What was Timmy's completion percentage last year with basically the same offensive weapons that Payton has?

crush17
12-20-2012, 11:37 AM

That's all I'm saying.

Not sure if serious?

broncocalijohn
12-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Not sure if serious?

sad thing is you are serious. Not as sad as this response:

There is a big difference. Payton plays every down as a "real" quarterback. Tim is playing as a qb gimmick. You can't compare the stats. What was Timmy's completion percentage last year with basically the same offensive weapons that Payton has?

crush17
12-20-2012, 11:42 AM
sad thing is you are serious.

Ok.......?

HAT
12-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Are you high? Seriously.

That question doesn't really need to be asked when Baja is involved....

broncs2bowl
12-20-2012, 11:46 AM
can we just ban Baja already??

troyjbath
12-20-2012, 11:48 AM
sad thing is you are serious. Not as sad as this response:

Does Skip Bayless have a few troll accounts on the mane? It sure seems like it...

Epimetheus
12-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Ok.......?

Let me be of assistance to you in this absolutely hilariously stupid thread.

The first post with the stats was very clearly sarcastic since Teebs has only thrown like 5 passes.

The reply to that was even more funny because that guy thought the first guy was serious.

Then somebody pointed it out, and you still didn't get it.

Please everybody continue.

Play2win
12-20-2012, 12:03 PM
What do you mean back? Was he ever a Bronco before. I do not recall.

Mile High Salute
12-20-2012, 12:11 PM

Maybe MLB or TE?

thwack:bash::cuss::moon::redbutt::punched:~Popps~ :notthissh :chairhit:

Does that answer your question?? :~ohyah!:

Crushaholic
12-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Yeah, I'm just going to leave this here...

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prime-cuts/slice/clady-manning-makes-me-look-good

How different it is blocking for Peyton Manning as opposed to Tim Tebow:

“One of the differences is pretty obvious. Peyton Manning just gets rid of the ball a little faster. That definitely helps out the offensive line. Also with Peyton you know the spot he is going to be in for the most part. With Tebow it was kind of up in the air as to where he was going to be.”

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Jets reporting they want the circus to move their pathetic tents to another town.

Mile High Salute
12-20-2012, 12:40 PM

That's all I'm saying.

Mohamed Sanu of the Cleveland Browns has a 100% completion percentage. Does that mean he's a better QB than Manning??

(Come on people, THINK! :hitself:)

StugotsIII
12-20-2012, 12:44 PM

Maybe MLB or TE?

He's never in his life played MLBer or TE....

Soooo......no.

Why on Earth would Denver want him back? Elway did a masterful job of getting rid of him.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-20-2012, 12:45 PM

That's all I'm saying.

Hey Beavis is this what your talking about?

I don't know if this post is serious or not, but I'm pretty confident it could land in the top 10 all time most idiotic absurd logically pathetic post in the history of the OM.

Edit: im sure this was a sarcastic post. Which propels it into a pretty good baiting post

DENVERDUI55
12-20-2012, 12:48 PM

That's all I'm saying.

Hookline and sinker all the way up to the reel. I can't believe how many people think you are serious.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Hookline and sinker all the way up to the reel. I can't believe how many people think you are serious.

Ha I got it now.

Sad thing is the lovers think the haters use this kind of small window frame logic all the time.

DomCasual
12-20-2012, 12:53 PM

:)

The funny thing is that I posted that with no intention of trolling anyone. I figured it would get a small laugh, and that was about it. Right after I posted it, I started working on a little project, and forgot about my post. I come back an hour later, and there are all the responses. Honestly, I feel kind of bad. :)

BroncoBeavis
12-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Hey Beavis is this what your talking about?

I don't know if this post is serious or not, but I'm pretty confident it could land in the top 10 all time most idiotic absurd logically pathetic post in the history of the OM.

Edit: im sure this was a sarcastic post. Which propels it into a pretty good baiting post

You got double Trolled. By the thread and post.

BroncsRule
12-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Most of the Teboners now either pretend they weren't ever Teboners or are in hiding.

Meh. I was a "Teboner" last year, during the Streak.

Remember the Streak?

I'm sure not hiding. Or pretending I wasn't in Timmah's corner last year.

Thing is, 'Teboners" came in several flavors:

- the "Super Teboner": either a) a Gator fan who ported over to Bronco Nation in the spring of '10, or b) some flavor of hyper Christian, falling into the sin of idolatry.

These "Super Teboner" "fans" really fit the definition: "fanattics". They were (and are) the noisy minority, the ones that can still be heard chanting "Tebow.. Tebow!!" in the background of Jets telecasts.. They'll never go away, but they're really quite harmless..

- the majority of us "Teboners" were pessimistically optimistic, and "bought in" as the Streak lumbered into it's second month. At the end of the day, the kid just kept on finding a way. Hi teammates bought in, the vast majority of Bronco Nation bought in.

It was fun.

broncocalijohn
12-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Does Skip Bayless have a few troll accounts on the mane? It sure seems like it...

Me or Dom? You lurk but do you really know Dom? I say not that you would actually think that he was serious about comparing "Payton" Manning's accuracy to Tebow's accuracy numbers for this season. Even if you didn't know Dom, good chance he is throwing some sarcasm on the post and best not to respond or play along. You did neither.

Sarcasm. Find it on the Mane.

R8R H8R
12-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Tebow has no place here, but he would fit better as a back up in a place that already runs a version of the zone read, such as Seattle or 49ers, just to name two off the top of my head.

Drek
12-20-2012, 01:22 PM
I still think we should have kept Tebow over the paltry pick return we got for him.

Never drafting Osweiler would have let us take Lavonte David or Rueben Randle, both could have immediately helped the "Go for it now" mode Broncos far more than Osweiler.

Also, I think if approached with a realistic road map for his future where he studies behind Manning for 2-3 seasons while being groomed and seeing action on the field as a FB/HB/H-back super utility power back he would have been amenable to it. The Tebow cult likely also shuts up after he scores a few touchdowns from a traditional RB role, racking up some nice yardage along the way.

If in 2-3 years when Manning gets done his passing has matured appropriately he's the guy, if not you sit him back down and explain that he's still not where he needs to be and can either transition over to being a ball carrier full time or the Broncos will release him form his contract/let him walk as a FA.

ghwk
12-20-2012, 01:24 PM

Maybe MLB or TE?

And bring MacGruber back too? Hell to the NO!

Rohirrim
12-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Me or Dom? You lurk but do you really know Dom? I say not that you would actually think that he was serious about comparing "Payton" Manning's accuracy to Tebow's accuracy numbers for this season. Even if you didn't know Dom, good chance he is throwing some sarcasm on the post and best not to respond or play along. You did neither.

Sarcasm. Find it on the Mane.

Has Dom ever posted anything serious? ???

Br0nc0Buster
12-20-2012, 01:35 PM
I still think we should have kept Tebow over the paltry pick return we got for him.
Never drafting Osweiler would have let us take Lavonte David or Rueben Randle, both could have immediately helped the "Go for it now" mode Broncos far more than Osweiler.

Also, I think if approached with a realistic road map for his future where he studies behind Manning for 2-3 seasons while being groomed and seeing action on the field as a FB/HB/H-back super utility power back he would have been amenable to it. The Tebow cult likely also shuts up after he scores a few touchdowns from a traditional RB role, racking up some nice yardage along the way.

If in 2-3 years when Manning gets done his passing has matured appropriately he's the guy, if not you sit him back down and explain that he's still not where he needs to be and can either transition over to being a ball carrier full time or the Broncos will release him form his contract/let him walk as a FA.

Absolutely not
Not sure what will come of the center we drafted, but Danny Trevathan(used the 6th on him from the Tebow trade) will be a much superior player

Dude is a gamer and a steal from the 6th

Ill take a stud ST and nickel backer over a fullback/widlcat qb all day and twice on sunday

DBroncos4life
12-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Who wants cancer back?

DomCasual
12-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Has Dom ever posted anything serious? ???

Watch what you say, commie! I'll cut you! Come on! Come at me, bro!

Rohirrim
12-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Watch what you say, commie! I'll cut you! Come on! Come at me, bro!

Ha. I'm like a ninja. You won't even see it coming.

baja
12-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Interesting responses

My take is I would like to take Tebow back IF he would devote himself to playing a position decided by the coaches with the same fervor he has approached playing QB but not for the Jets 4th & 6th round picks. The man is a football player. Considered by many the best collage football player ever. I think all of you that think the idea of him coming in for cheap is ridiculous are shallow thinkers with a herd mentality. Drek was the only one to see the value of the opportunity.

If you really think there would be a circus after Tebow announced he was switching positions and we have Peyton F'n Manning at quarter back you are a bunch of dim bulbs. ;D

gunns
12-20-2012, 03:40 PM
HELL NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

This

gunns
12-20-2012, 03:43 PM

I still don't see a reason in your post to have kept Tebow. Because we didn't make those hind sight picks still does not quantify keeping Tebow. Nothing does.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Interesting responses

My take is I would like to take Tebow back IF he would devote himself to playing a position decided by the coaches with the same fervor he has approached playing QB but not for the Jets 4th & 6th round picks. The man is a football player. Considered by many the best collage football player ever. I think all of you that think the idea of him coming in for cheap is ridiculous are shallow thinkers with a herd mentality. Drek was the only one to see the value of the opportunity.

If you really think there would be a circus after Tebow announced he was switching positions and we have Peyton F'n Manning at quarter back you are a bunch of dim bulbs. ;D

And if you think Tebow would renounce his position as a quarterback, you have learned nothing from history. He's shown zero sign that he would ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER do that, or even consider doing it.

"I know in my heart, I'm a quarterback."

We know from the film that you're not.

Mountain Bronco
12-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Of all the stupid posts on this board, this has to be the worst. No F'ing way I want that circus back with the Broncos. We should all thank Elway continually for finding the only freaking way to get out of that circus (Manning) without taking a huge PR hit from it.

Back to discussing moving a pro bowl CB to safety.

broncocalijohn
12-20-2012, 03:55 PM

The funny thing is that I posted that with no intention of trolling anyone. I figured it would get a small laugh, and that was about it. Right after I posted it, I started working on a little project, and forgot about my post. I come back an hour later, and there are all the responses. Honestly, I feel kind of bad. :)

Don't feel bad. Some dumb posters today. Drunken should have known sarcasm from your sarcastic ass. Amazing people thought this. Mile High Salute even went and got statistics to rebute your post. Pure awesome. Instead of reading the whole thread, they needed to respond quickly. If they read my response earlier, they would have known it was a typical, good humor, sarcasm.

Well done!

baja
12-20-2012, 03:58 PM
I hope it happens just to watch you clowns go nuts. Then I hope he becomes a stud full back for us just to watch you all morph into fans that claim you wanted it to happen all along.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-20-2012, 04:06 PM
You got double Trolled. By the thread and post.

Not really since the OP has been known to have a raging boner for tebow in the past, im sure errand has proof scattered around various threads. I believe he had no sarcasm flowing through his fingers when creating this thread. I'm sure he did expect a backlash of responses though

rbackfactory80
12-20-2012, 04:11 PM
No.

But, I loved what Tim did for us and will always appreciate that. So long as he stays out of the AFC West, I think I'll always root for the kid now.

This.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Don't feel bad. Some dumb posters today. Drunken should have known sarcasm from your sarcastic ass. Amazing people thought this. Mile High Salute even went and got statistics to rebute your post. Pure awesome. Instead of reading the whole thread, they needed to respond quickly. If they read my response earlier, they would have known it was a typical, good humor, sarcasm.

Well done!

I had my appendix taken out on Monday so I'm a bit lazy today. Actually I only saw Doms post from someone who cut and pasted it in their post. Only until after I sent my post in did I realize it was sarcasm. I jumped the gun on that. At least I didn't erase my hook line and sinker.

broncocalijohn
12-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Not really since the OP has been known to have a raging boner for tebow in the past, im sure errand has proof scattered around various threads. I believe he had no sarcasm flowing through his fingers when creating this thread. I'm sure he did expect a backlash of responses though

Oh, for the record Baja is serious on this thread.
Dom, not so much.

I had my appendix taken out on Monday so I'm a bit lazy today. Actually I only saw Doms post from someone who cut and pasted it in their post. Only until after I sent my post in did I realize it was sarcasm. I jumped the gun on that. At least I didn't erase my hook line and sinker.

No sympathy for something removed that wasn't being used properly anyways. When Bob has his penis removed, same rule goes.

wolf754life
12-20-2012, 04:26 PM
baja flame thread is epic flaming

rbackfactory80
12-20-2012, 04:28 PM

Yuck, I had the laparoscopic procedure. It was horrible.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Yuck, I had the laparoscopic procedure. It was horrible.

Ya that's what I had. The laparoscopic is a lot better than opening up though.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Oh, for the record Baja is serious on this thread.
Dom, not so much.

No sympathy for something removed that wasn't being used properly anyways. When Bob has his penis removed, same rule goes.

Ha I never knew Bob had a penis before. Just figured he was born with a vagina

rbackfactory80
12-20-2012, 04:33 PM
Ya that's what I had. The laparoscopic is a lot better than opening up though.

That's what I hear. Luckily I didn't have to witness first hand. I couldn't sleep laying down the first 3 or 4 nights. I felt severe pain in my shoulder.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-20-2012, 04:37 PM
That's what I hear. Luckily I didn't have to witness first hand. I couldn't sleep laying down the first 3 or 4 nights. I felt severe pain in my shoulder.

Sounds like you took it a little rougher. First night I had that pain in the shoulder. They say its gas air from blowin you up during the surgery. Went away after that first night though. Crazy how fast you can recover though. Spurs Gary Neal was only out 2 weeks when he had his. Alot easier taking it out before it bursts!

errand
12-20-2012, 05:08 PM

I think it's pretty ****ing clear he can't play the QB position....

kind of shocked you'd propose such a thing. I mean since you considered it classless to not give him a shot at the starting gig, sign Manning, and then trade him to the Jets, why would you advocate they bring him back to play another position?

DENVERDUI55
12-20-2012, 05:10 PM
I hope it happens just to watch you clowns go nuts. Then I hope he becomes a stud full back for us just to watch you all morph into fans that claim you wanted it to happen all along.

Never going to happen with Elway running the show. He already said the circus of tebow is a lot and his commitment is to Bronco Fans not Tebow fans.

errand
12-20-2012, 05:34 PM

you mean like you did when you heard we were going to sign Manning, and possibly trade Tebow? Un****ingbelievable

baja
12-20-2012, 05:39 PM
I think it's pretty ****ing clear he can't play the QB position....

kind of shocked you'd propose such a thing. I mean since you considered it classless to not give him a shot at the starting gig, sign Manning, and then trade him to the Jets, why would you advocate they bring him back to play another position?

Because I hate him and would love to see him ruin his career with a classless organization like the Broncos. Why else errand boy.

KipCorrington25
12-20-2012, 05:42 PM
No, probably the worse idea ever behind only McCheat being hired and all the decisions he made.

DBroncos4life
12-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Because I hate him and would love to see him ruin his career with a classless organization like the Broncos. Why else errand boy.

That was ruined when he never learned how to throw.

baja
12-20-2012, 05:49 PM
you mean like you did when you heard we were going to sign Manning, and possibly trade Tebow? Un****ingbelievable

You just love to follow me are around don't you errand boy. The idea of you in possession of guns is unnerving. Glad you live in Texas I will likely never go there.

baja
12-20-2012, 05:50 PM
That was ruined when he never learned how to throw.

That's what the Stealers thought. LOL

baja
12-20-2012, 05:52 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=1594

cutthemdown
Tebow would be a better off as a utility/special teams/emergency QB type player. Go sign with Jacksonville in that roll and have a 10 yr career.

ZONA
Let me know when Tebow has said he is willing to play MLB or TE or FB. Then we could have this discussion. But then I would say NO because he probably would not make a good MLB or TE, not even a good FB.

He was a great college player - don't really think he's gonna ever do much in the NFL.

DBroncos4life
12-20-2012, 05:56 PM
That's what the Stealers thought. LOL

So? Keep holding on to that, while he keeps bouncing from team to team leaving coaches and starting QBs cut and fired in his wake. 4 coaches 3 teams in 4 NFL seasons yet you bash Cutler for getting Mike fired.

baja
12-20-2012, 05:58 PM
I hear Shanny wants him in Washington to back RGII

He will trade Cousins for Tebow and a 3rd round pick

chawknz
12-20-2012, 05:59 PM
No way, no how, never.

baja
12-20-2012, 06:00 PM
So? Keep holding on to that, while he keeps bouncing from team to team leaving coaches and starting QBs cut and fired in his wake. 4 coaches 3 teams in 4 NFL seasons yet you bash Cutler for getting Mike fired.

Tebow has won as many playoff games as Cutler. and Tebow didn't quit on his team in the playoffs

DBroncos4life
12-20-2012, 06:01 PM

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl:

errand
12-20-2012, 06:03 PM

Actually you love him, which is what led you to utter those (to me) unforgivable words "F the Broncos" and call them "classless"...LOL

BTW..his career is already ruined.

DBroncos4life
12-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Tebow has won as many playoff games as Cutler. and Tebow didn't quit on his team in the playoffs

So Cutler had a grade 2 tear = quit on his team. What does that say about RGIII for not playing with a grade 1 injury?

Heyneck
12-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Look... loved Tim while he was here. Will always be grateful for his time here and the way he handled himself. I am on of his bigger supporters, but really... did we really need this thread? Anyone in their right minds knows there is no way Tim comes back here. Even if he would want (which I doubt) Elway would never permit it. This thread just has that smell of trying to create controversy among the 2 sides of the coin. You guys really want to go back to how this board was during the off season? COME ON!!!

Some of the comments are way too stupid to even merit a response. Lets just focus on our team and stop with the hypothetical stuff that way down all know is never going to happen.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Tebow will be bronco again the day RGII and Luck both demand to be traded to the chiefs and raiders and the skins and colts only get a 7th round pick from both of them

baja
12-20-2012, 06:15 PM
So Cutler had a grade 2 tear = quit on his team. What does that say about RGIII for not playing with a grade 1 injury?

He wanted to play and Shanny kept him out because Mike knew if RGII was out for any significant time he would get fired.

Also it was not the conference championship game like the one Cutler took himself out of because he was getting mauled and was too afraid to return. His teammates have hinted as much.

baja
12-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Look... loved Tim while he was here. Will always be grateful for his time here and the way he handled himself. I am on of his bigger supporters, but really... did we really need this thread? Anyone in their right minds knows there is no way Tim comes back here. Even if he would want (which I doubt) Elway would never permit it. This thread just has that smell of trying to create controversy among the 2 sides of the coin. You guys really want to go back to how this board was during the off season? COME ON!!!

Some of the comments are way too stupid to even merit a response. Lets just focus on our team and stop with the hypothetical stuff that way down all know is never going to happen.

Hey have you seen the topics on the main page? This is the best (and most active) thread of the bunch. ;D

baja
12-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Actually you love him, which is what led you to utter those (to me) unforgivable words "F the Broncos" and call them "classless"...LOL

BTW..his career is already ruined.

errand boy I lay awake nights thinking of ways to get you to forgive me.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-20-2012, 06:22 PM
every time someone makes a thread about Tebow people swarm all over it like flies on shat

DBroncos4life
12-20-2012, 06:27 PM
He wanted to play and Shanny kept him out because Mike knew if RGII was out for any significant time he would get fired.

Also it was not the conference championship game like the one Cutler took himself out of because he was getting mauled and was too afraid to return. His teammates have hinted as much.

So a two legged Jay Cutler was getting mauled, yet you somehow think a one legged Jay Cutler would have helped his team out???

baja
12-20-2012, 06:32 PM
So a two legged Jay Cutler was getting mauled, yet you somehow think a one legged Jay Cutler would have helped his team out???

One legged in Jay's mind only. He was fine on the dance floor that very night.

DBroncos4life
12-20-2012, 06:49 PM
One legged in Jay's mind only. He was fine on the dance floor that very night.

What I need a link for this.

Hamrob
12-20-2012, 06:50 PM
Tebow has 10+ inch hands. He can catch a ball.

His options:

1. Canada to try and play QB
2. TE in the NFL
3. BU QB in the NFL during training camp somewhere.

Blueflame
12-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Tebow's gone, Baja. He is not coming back.

baja
12-20-2012, 07:04 PM
What I need a link for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzcpad_n4Ck

Rohirrim
12-20-2012, 07:05 PM
Tebow's gone, Baja. He is not coming back.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YrLk4vdY28Q?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DBroncos4life
12-20-2012, 07:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzcpad_n4Ck

So you got Rob Gronkowski mixed up with Cutler. :thumbs:

milehighJC
12-20-2012, 07:19 PM
I really enjoyed last year. The broncos with Tebow at QB were exciting to watch (note I did not say FUN to watch, on the contrary, they were HARD to watch for most of the game). I was and am a Broncos fan, so by transitive logic I was a Tebow fan, not the other way around. He is a good kid. I wanted him to succeed, because as a Bronco his success could help the Broncos succeed.

Do I want him back - not a chance. That train left the station a long time ago. If he would have agreed to try TE or FB before the trade, it might have been interesting (IF the hard core Tebow fans would have shut up (fat chance eh?). But he is gone. The face of the Broncos has changed - very much for the better. The media circus is gone. Its more about the team, not a player or two. I believe his insistence on playing QB has probably permanently wrecked his NFL career. He had his chance to show his willingness to do whatever/play whatever position that would help his team win... and walked away from it. We all make our choices.

I don't hate him... in fact I hope he finds success somewhere. But it isn't here anymore.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-20-2012, 07:27 PM

I told you to stop reading Moronic Ideas Illustrated.

baja
12-20-2012, 07:35 PM
I told you to stop reading Moronic Ideas Illustrated.

There's an illustrated version?

Traveler
12-20-2012, 08:23 PM
I believe his insistence on playing QB has probably permanently wrecked his NFL career.

And that's why he might well be with his 3rd team in 3 years after this season. No NFL team has the time to fully re-train a supposed QB's mechanics from scratch.

My guess is unless TT agrees to switch positions, he will be out of the league within a couple of years.

enjolras
12-20-2012, 08:45 PM
If Tebow would be willing to play Tight-End I'd want him back in a heartbeat.

baja
12-20-2012, 08:50 PM

Gosh enjolras haven't you read this thread it has been determined by the experts on the OM that is an utterly ridiculous idea. It has been dismissed out of hand.

baja
12-20-2012, 08:57 PM

Gosh enjolras haven't you read this thread it has been determined by the experts on the OM that is an utterly ridiculous idea. It has been dismissed out of hand.

broncofever
12-20-2012, 09:07 PM

The kid is a great football player, not so much a QB, but a great leader. HOWEVER, that said I don't want that circus back in town and it would be a circus again. We'd also be stuck with the nitwits like McGruper or whatever who would never shut up about him being the QB when Manning retires. I do not want him back, not because I don't like the kid. I genuinely appreciate what the man achieved while here, but both for him and us it is not an option.

And this thread was clearly intended to bait everyone in this forum into the same dramatic outbursts that colored our last 2 plus years with McJackhole, Tim, Orton, etc. I am weary of that personally. I love that this season there is no QB controversy, coaching cheating scandal, just a really good football team with a leader who has both the intangibles and the skills. I wish Tim all the best, but it will never be here as a Bronco again.

baja
12-20-2012, 09:25 PM
The kid is a great football player, not so much a QB, but a great leader. HOWEVER, that said I don't want that circus back in town and it would be a circus again. We'd also be stuck with the nitwits like McGruper or whatever who would never shut up about him being the QB when Manning retires. I do not want him back, not because I don't like the kid. I genuinely appreciate what the man achieved while here, but both for him and us it is not an option.

And this thread was clearly intended to bait everyone in this forum into the same dramatic outbursts that colored our last 2 plus years with McJackhole, Tim, Orton, etc. I am weary of that personally. I love that this season there is no QB controversy, coaching cheating scandal, just a really good football team with a leader who has both the intangibles and the skills. I wish Tim all the best, but it will never be here as a Bronco again.

That is not true. You jump to the conclusion it was a contrived thread, as the creator of the thread I will tell you that you are mistaken. You also assume the circus would continue. You have not thought it through. If Tebow is a TE (for example) where is the controversy? Tebow is a great football player, his instincts are off the charts. His run at QB would be over. Your biggest concern is the return of a poster you do not like. What about what is good for the Broncos. I say Tebow playing a skill position that does not involve being under center MIGHT be a good thing. Everyone is ready to toss him in the can so he could be had for cheap. The Broncos have taken a flier on far longer odds, Maurice Claret for example.

I like football players on the Broncos and Tim Tebow is a football player. Hell 2/3 rd's of this board wanted to cut Moreno, now everyone is singing his praises.

I have been on this board since the beginning and I have never witnessed a more knee jerk reacting group as this current group. What was the name of that game? Jump to Conclusions.

broncofever
12-21-2012, 12:51 AM
Baja, my biggest concern is not Mcgruder. I only bring him up as a joke and a shining example of someone who is largely irrational when it comes to their idol, but he's hardly the only one.

As for bringing in someone who has never played TE, why would we do that? There are actual TEs available, what benefit is there in retraining a QB to play a position he didn't play before? Why not just bring someone who already is a TE? Has he shown he can play TE well? Is he worth paying him an NFL salary for a position he hasn't played?

And let me be clear, Tebow will bring a circus, no matter what position you bring him in at. It will bring the people who will want him as QB and the rabid nuthuggers (like McGruder as one example). There will be all the talk about bringing him back to a team that dumped him. That is drama by itself even if not brought back as a QB. And frankly as you pointed out as far a knee jerking, do you not get that such a move would be lead to lots more knee jerk reactions?

He's a very nice young man and entertaining, but for both him and the Broncos its better to let him go and us to move on.

Bacchus
12-21-2012, 12:58 AM

Maybe MLB or TE?

Way to go Baja, a one day thread that is already 7 pages long. I just hope Tebow leaves the NFL and goes on the lecture circuit. He could make hundreds of millions of dollars preaching God.

Bacchus
12-21-2012, 01:36 AM

http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/012011/troll-quotes-obama.jpg

Drek
12-21-2012, 06:26 AM
I still don't see a reason in your post to have kept Tebow. Because we didn't make those hind sight picks still does not quantify keeping Tebow. Nothing does.

Keeping Tebow would have removed the need for Osweiler, kind of a 1:1 correlation there.

And the key point of this:
Is Tim Tebow a play maker with the ball in his hands? Definitely.

Is he a good character guy? Definitely.

Is he a strong leader on the football field? Definitely.

Was he the first truly dominant spread option QB in college football, an offensive format that is now storming the NFL? Definitely.

The only question here is if he can mature into a better passer. The league is moving to Tebow's style of offense as the norm. Russell Wilson, RGIII, Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick, etc.. These guys are the future of the NFL and WRs/RBs who don't like QBs keeping the ball are going to have to deal with it.

Maybe Tebow doesn't live up to his potential, but he was already sunk cost for this team to keep and see how it went, while we let Manning win in the window we have now.

At the same time Tebow is just about the most dynamic ball carrier you can find within 10-20 yards, i.e. the red zone. He would have been an excellent weapon in a Manning led offense as a ball carrier. He's a more powerful runner than anyone on our team right now, having him would only improve red zone efficiency. Earlier in the season when Moreno was a weekly inactive and Hillman couldn't find his place in the offense we wouldn't have resorted to Lance Ball getting worthless touches.

Right now we're the 5th ranked offense by yardage, but the 11th ranked offense in red zone TD rate. 11th is nice but I'd prefer that gap to be as small as possible. Tebow as a ball carrier can do that. See the benefit?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-21-2012, 06:33 AM
Russell Wilson, RGIII, Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick, etc.. These guys are the future of the NFL and WRs/RBs who don't like QBs keeping the ball are going to have to deal with it.

Every single one of those guys is accurate with throwing the football. Making them quarterbacks.

Timmy isn't. Making him a fullback.

Rohirrim
12-21-2012, 06:42 AM
That is not true. You jump to the conclusion it was a contrived thread, as the creator of the thread I will tell you that you are mistaken. You also assume the circus would continue. You have not thought it through. If Tebow is a TE (for example) where is the controversy? Tebow is a great football player, his instincts are off the charts. His run at QB would be over. Your biggest concern is the return of a poster you do not like. What about what is good for the Broncos. I say Tebow playing a skill position that does not involve being under center MIGHT be a good thing. Everyone is ready to toss him in the can so he could be had for cheap. The Broncos have taken a flier on far longer odds, Maurice Claret for example.

I like football players on the Broncos and Tim Tebow is a football player. Hell 2/3 rd's of this board wanted to cut Moreno, now everyone is singing his praises.

I have been on this board since the beginning and I have never witnessed a more knee jerk reacting group as this current group. What was the name of that game? Jump to Conclusions.

Just to play along, Tebow is an athlete. Could you get a better QB without the drama? We already have one. Two, actually. Could you get a better TE without the drama? Sure. We already have a couple. FB? Already have one. RB? Already have one. No need. No point. No relevance. Let some other team have the Tebow experience. We've already had ours. He wouldn't do anything to make this team better, and his presence might disrupt the locker room and make the team worse. Okay?

ScottXray
12-21-2012, 07:14 AM
While I wish the best for Tebow and appreciate what he did for us last year, there is no way I would want him back on the Broncos, and especially at the cost of two picks. As a FA, a few years down the road...maybe, if he is willing to play fullback, TE, or can show progress in his passing.

I do think that he has not been developed or used properly by either of the teams he has been on, and that he is the prototype Spread QB that is now becoming the new trend in the NFL. But he needs better passing skills to play in the NFL at that position, and it is questionable that he would ever get there.

It is obvioous that he does not practice well, or the Jets would have replaced Sanchez ( who is completing no more passes than Tebow did last year) with him earlier this year.

The media circus that comes with him is a big negative, and considering that we already dealt him away, I don't think it would ever happen as long as Elway is the GM here. He definitely thought that Tebow was not a NFL QB.
so the point is moot. Tebow won't be coming back here.

Kaylore
12-21-2012, 07:17 AM
Even if he ends up being an all-world tight end, which like LeLoLang, I am unsure he can even play, I wouldn't want Tebow on the team again. Nothing is worth putting up with the idiotic Tebowners and their hysterical posts.

Drek
12-21-2012, 07:28 AM
Even if he ends up being an all-world tight end, which like LeLoLang, I am unsure he can even play, I wouldn't want Tebow on the team again. Nothing is worth putting up with the idiotic Tebowners and their hysterical posts.

So you'd rather have an inferior Broncos team instead of using the "ignore" feature on here for a handful of bad posters?

If someone promised me a winning record for the Broncos period as long as I stayed away from the Mane I'd be gone tomorrow and never come back. Talking Broncos football on here is nice, watching the team win is WAY better.

Rohirrim
12-21-2012, 07:35 AM
So you'd rather have an inferior Broncos team instead of using the "ignore" feature on here for a handful of bad posters?

If someone promised me a winning record for the Broncos period as long as I stayed away from the Mane I'd be gone tomorrow and never come back. Talking Broncos football on here is nice, watching the team win is WAY better.

I don't get how anybody could think that Tebow would make this team better. Peyton has come in and slowly over a season built the kind of lockerroom chemistry that teams die for. Even the D is looking up to PM and following his lead and drawing inspiration. All squads are leaning on each other and winning together. Bringing Tebow back would be like setting off a bomb in the lockerroom and destroying everything that has been built. Who's to say Peyton wouldn't take it as an insult? I just don't get it. The whole idea is ludicrous, IMHO. ???

Fortunately, if you asked Elway about this, he'd just laugh. So I can relax. ;D

WolfpackGuy
12-21-2012, 07:37 AM
Avoid him like the plague, and hopefully, he goes to someone in the division.

baja
12-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Baja, my biggest concern is not Mcgruder. I only bring him up as a joke and a shining example of someone who is largely irrational when it comes to their idol, but he's hardly the only one.

As for bringing in someone who has never played TE, why would we do that? There are actual TEs available, what benefit is there in retraining a QB to play a position he didn't play before? Why not just bring someone who already is a TE? Has he shown he can play TE well? Is he worth paying him an NFL salary for a position he hasn't played?

And let me be clear, Tebow will bring a circus, no matter what position you bring him in at. It will bring the people who will want him as QB and the rabid nuthuggers (like McGruder as one example). There will be all the talk about bringing him back to a team that dumped him. That is drama by itself even if not brought back as a QB. And frankly as you pointed out as far a knee jerking, do you not get that such a move would be lead to lots more knee jerk reactions?

He's a very nice young man and entertaining, but for both him and the Broncos its better to let him go and us to move on.

It's very simple really Tebow is a very unique individual. he is a
phenomenal athlete, he has an iron will, he is a proven winner, considered the best collage player ever and he has the all important IT. if you can get him for reasonable cost and he is WILLING to play another position I think it is a no brainer you give him a try. Could be full back, not that hard to learn. He's basically been playing fullback from the qb position all his football days.

What's interesting is if his name were not Tebow this thread would be full of "Ya, lets bring him for a look" "What can it hurt" "We can cut him if he doesn't work out"

Everyone is talking about the irrational Tebow supporters in this thread what I think is irrational is the great distain for Tebow shown in this thread. Curious really.

As for the fear of a circus act from his fans - it's Tim Tebow the fullback sit down and shut up. He's only an issue in NY because Sanchez sucks so bad. You really think anyone would want Tebow over Manning?

Anyway enough of this....

BroncoInferno
12-21-2012, 08:08 AM
Tebow is a 4.7 guy. That's adequate for a TE, but he wouldn't be anything special (assuming he was even capable of picking up the nuiances of the position this late into his football life).

BroncoInferno
12-21-2012, 08:12 AM
Keeping Tebow would have removed the need for Osweiler, kind of a 1:1 correlation there.

The problem with this logic is the inherent assumption that Tebow, long-term, will be at least as good of a QB as Osweiler, if not better. Elway and the coaching staff clearly do not believe that. They believe Osweiler can develop into the long-term replacement for Manning, and that Tebow can't. Whether or not they are correct remains to be seen, but that isn't a "1:1 correlation," at least not as far as the front office is concerned.

baja
12-21-2012, 08:13 AM
Just to play along, Tebow is an athlete. Could you get a better QB without the drama? We already have one. Two, actually. Could you get a better TE without the drama? Sure. We already have a couple. FB? Already have one. RB? Already have one. No need. No point. No relevance. Let some other team have the Tebow experience. We've already had ours. He wouldn't do anything to make this team better, and his presence might disrupt the locker room and make the team worse. Okay?

You really think Manning wouldn't handle Tebow the full back? You must not really get what kind of leader Peyton Manning is.

Rohirrim
12-21-2012, 08:17 AM
You really think Manning wouldn't handle Tebow the full back? You must not really get what kind of leader Peyton Manning is.

Or you don't. If you don't think that Tebow coming back to Denver wouldn't be disruptive, I don't know what to tell you. Plus, he's just not that good! He couldn't break into the lineup of the Jets. The ****ing Jets! What does it take?

Br0nc0Buster
12-21-2012, 08:18 AM
The problem with this logic is the inherent assumption that Tebow, long-term, will be at least as good of a QB as Osweiler, if not better. Elway and the coaching staff clearly do not believe that. They believe Osweiler can develop into the long-term replacement for Manning, and that Tebow can't. Whether or not they are correct remains to be seen, but that isn't a "1:1 correlation," at least not as far as the front office is concerned.

exactly
Elway saw what he had in Tebow as a qb and said "pass", along with EVERY OTHER GM in the league

Os was handpicked because he is what Elway wants in a qb

Elway didnt want Tebow, it was never a "1:1 ratio"

Drek
12-21-2012, 09:07 AM
I don't get how anybody could think that Tebow would make this team better. Peyton has come in and slowly over a season built the kind of lockerroom chemistry that teams die for. Even the D is looking up to PM and following his lead and drawing inspiration. All squads are leaning on each other and winning together. Bringing Tebow back would be like setting off a bomb in the lockerroom and destroying everything that has been built. Who's to say Peyton wouldn't take it as an insult? I just don't get it. The whole idea is ludicrous, IMHO. ???

Fortunately, if you asked Elway about this, he'd just laugh. So I can relax. ;D
1. Tim Tebow is the guy who laid the foundation for said locker room chemistry the year before when he rallied much of this same team behind him to come back from a 1-5 start, winning the division and a playoff game.

2. Peyton Manning said when he signed here that Tim Tebow being on the roster did nothing to his choice, and that keeping Tebow would not have mattered to him. I'm sure he'd be even less opposed if keeping Tebow and letting Manning hand off to a 250 pound bulldozer of a human being on 3rd and 1 was the path forward.

So your claim that it has all these layers of complexity is what's truly ludicrous here.

Tebow is a 4.7 guy. That's adequate for a TE, but he wouldn't be anything special (assuming he was even capable of picking up the nuiances of the position this late into his football life).
Seriously?

So I'm guessing you grade all baseball players by their batting average too huh?

Tim Tebow had a top tier 10 yard, 20 yard, short shuttle, long shuttle, broad jump, and vertical jump numbers at the combine. Other than running fast in a long straight line he's comparable to guys like CJ Spiller, Eric Berry, etc., only he weighs 30-40 pounds more.

He's clearly something special in terms of raw athleticism. We saw that last year when defenses stacked the box and brought everything they had to stop him from running the ball, only to watch Tebow shrug off grown ass men like children and pound his way forward for first downs.

Ignoring his passing there is literally zero rationality in saying Tebow isn't an elite athlete by anyone's standards, just like there is zero rationality in saying he's anything but a play maker when the football is in his hands. Not finding a way to use that talent is a failure by any FO/coaching staff that has him, even if that means playing TE, H-Back, FB, HB, or whatever. He's too athletically gifted to simply discard.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-21-2012, 09:07 AM
A high-ranking NFL personnel evaluator, who spoke on condition of anonymity to share his scouting report, said: “(Tebow) attempts to play quarterback despite poor footwork, throwing platforms, release, timing, efficiency, progression, reads, anticipation, arm strength, accuracy and any other position-specific category you can think of.

“God bless him for trying,” the personnel man said, “but I wouldn’t touch him and would pass on the Jacksonville job if it forced me to take him.”

lol 1:1 ratio.

Drek
12-21-2012, 09:10 AM
exactly
Elway saw what he had in Tebow as a qb and said "pass", along with EVERY OTHER GM in the league

Os was handpicked because he is what Elway wants in a qb

Elway didnt want Tebow, it was never a "1:1 ratio"

The entire league also passed on Doug Flutie, which is why he had to go to the CFL.

The entire league except Bill Walsh passed on Steve Young at one point, after far less success than Tebow had in his brief opportunity to start.

The entire league passed on Rich Gannon as a QB, with New England originally trying to make him a safety.

The entire league passed on Kurt Warner, hence why he played arena league ball for a while.

The entire league passes on elite players all the time, only to be proven wrong further down the road time and time again. It is in no way a valid measuring stick.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-21-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm just curious what exactly it will take for guys like Drek to give up the ghost of Tebow as a QB. What, in your mind, is a "valid measuring stick" to actually look at Tim Tebow objectively, and how is it exactly that you know so much better than those who are paid to evaluate guys like him?

Br0nc0Buster
12-21-2012, 09:26 AM
The entire league also passed on Doug Flutie, which is why he had to go to the CFL.

The entire league except Bill Walsh passed on Steve Young at one point, after far less success than Tebow had in his brief opportunity to start.

The entire league passed on Rich Gannon as a QB, with New England originally trying to make him a safety.

The entire league passed on Kurt Warner, hence why he played arena league ball for a while.

The entire league passes on elite players all the time, only to be proven wrong further down the road time and time again. It is in no way a valid measuring stick.

Steve Young and Rich Gannon are the only people on that list who got any extensive playing time in the NFL before becoming a legend. It is not that common for someone to suck, bounce around mulitiple teams/leagues, and then become great.
And this is not even taking into the fact how the game has changed since Flutie and Young.

The difference in comparing Tebow to guys who were low draft picks, career backups, Arena league players, etc.. that become good is that teams have already seen him play the position in the NFL

He is not some unkown like a Warner or a Flutie.

For every Steve Young and Rich Gannon there are 300 Colt McCoys and kellen Moores

Yes everyone could be wrong, most likely that will not be the case though

Thinking he could of been good is one thing
Saying he still is good today after what we know is idiotic

Then again this was the same person who kept saying all last year how he was better than Cam Newton, so not too suprised

BoiseBluTurf
12-21-2012, 09:44 AM
For every Steve Young and Rich Gannon there are 300 Colt McCoys and kellen Moores

Dude... Kellen has been in the league one year... how did he get lumped into your example? Kellen will probably never be a starter... but dude will make some pretty damn good bank backing up for next 10 years or so and one thing that can't be argued... he knows the game and how to read a defense... could he step in from time for a game or two? I think so.. how does that make him a failure?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-21-2012, 09:46 AM

All the time? Ok. Lets see more examples then. All the time after decades would mean tons of examples. There's only a handful of players who can even use that term truly "elite"

broncocalijohn
12-21-2012, 09:54 AM
I would do it only if they would include Tony Sparano in the deal. I would love to have him come in here and replicate the Wildcat, like he's done with the Jets this year. That thing is unstoppable!

You really shouldn't do this sarcastic posting since many had trouble figuring it was sarcasm already.

broncocalijohn
12-21-2012, 09:58 AM

You said trade for him with a 4th and 6th. You didn't say if he was released.
Tebow isn't giving up the rock to be a TE just yet. Until then, he won't be in Denver.

Wes Mantooth
12-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Tebow isn't giving up the rock to be a TE just yet. Until then, he won't be in Denver.

Or fullback / hback

Br0nc0Buster
12-21-2012, 10:03 AM

Dude... Kellen has been in the league one year... how did he get lumped into your example? Kellen will probably never be a starter... but dude will make some pretty damn good bank backing up for next 10 years or so and one thing that can't be argued... he knows the game and how to read a defense... could he step in from time for a game or two? I think so.. how does that make him a failure?

Kellen Moore is an example of a stud college qb who won tons of games but slid in the draft due to his physical limitations

I am saying that if a guy slides in the draft for said limitations, and then displays those limitations when he actually plays, there is no reason to say he is an exception (this is in regards to Tebow)

Like a Rich Gannon or a Doug Flutie

Moore has not played yet, I am just going under the assumption he will be a career backup like he was drafted to be despite the fact he won tons of games in college and was a prolific passer

BoiseBluTurf
12-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Kellen Moore is an example of a stud college qb who won tons of games but slid in the draft due to his physical limitations

I am saying that if a guy slides in the draft for said limitations, and then displays those limitations when he actually plays, there is no reason to say he is an exception (this is in regards to Tebow)

Like a Rich Gannon or a Doug Flutie

Moore has not played yet, I am just going under the assumption he will be a career backup like he was drafted to be despite the fact he won tons of games in college and was a prolific passer

All of that is complete fair... I myself expected him to be a career back up then a coach at some level. So yea... I agree completly with your analogy.

TonyR
12-21-2012, 11:35 AM
I'm just curious what exactly it will take for guys like Drek to give up the ghost of Tebow as a QB. What, in your mind, is a "valid measuring stick" to actually look at Tim Tebow objectively, and how is it exactly that you know so much better than those who are paid to evaluate guys like him?

Drek might be my favorite poster on the Mane, but he's so off on Tebow it's bewildering. The same illness effected Rev and Dedhed, among many others, but they've quietly backed away from their once delusional support for the Ultimate Teammate. Within a year I don't think there will be anybody left in the Tebow fanclub.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Drek might be my favorite poster on the Mane, but he's so off on Tebow it's bewildering. The same illness effected Rev and Dedhed, among many others, but they've quietly backed away from their once delusional support for the Ultimate Teammate. Within a year I don't think there will be anybody left in the Tebow fanclub.

I'm with you on all three of those guys. Drek's continued insistence that he hold on to this idea that, somehow, if Tim is just given a(nother) chance, and then another one after that, and with the perfect circumstances surrounding him at all times, that his throwing will magically get better, faster; that he'll suddenly be able to read a defense; that he'll go from a fullback playing quarterback to an actual quarterback... it's just baffling.

That's why I asked the question. How many teams need to give up on him? How many GMs and personnel men need to say the words "he's just not a quarterback at this level" for Drek to believe that maybe, just maybe, the people who get paid to know might actually know.

The guy can't see the field, and he's playing behind Sanchez, who has been absolutely abysmal... and that's not a sign? And this is with jobs on the line! Rex and Tenenbaum might both be gone because of the disappointing returns, and neither of these guys wanted to put in "the guy who just wins"? Because... of some conspiracy?

I just don't follow that logic. It is illogical.

DENVERDUI55
12-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Tim Tebow would make a great motivational speaker/waterboy type of a guy.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-21-2012, 12:01 PM
That's why I asked the question. How many teams need to give up on him? How many GMs and personnel men need to say the words "he's just not a quarterback at this level" for Drek to believe that maybe, just maybe, the people who get paid to know might actually know.

I dont think there are ANY GM/HCs that are willing to risk their jobs on Tebows "what if" expectations. There weren't many before he can into the league. Now that they've seen the circus environment IMO there is not one FO that would give him a starting QB job. Jets situation was clearly made by an owner to grasp attention to his team. But that backfired.

There may be one or two teams that are willing to bring him in for exposure profits, but it would not be as a starting QB.

Drek
12-21-2012, 12:22 PM
All the time? Ok. Lets see more examples then. All the time after decades would mean tons of examples. There's only a handful of players who can even use that term truly "elite"
Warren Moon - undrafted, refused to switch positions. Now in the Hall of Fame.

Every team in the NFL passed on Joe Montana twice.

Joey Porter was a practice squader for the Steelers, they cut him, the Ravens picked him up, cut him again, and then he wound up back with the Steelers. He since has won DPOY.

Arian Foster was an undrafted FA, he's now one of the best backs in the NFL.

Shannon Sharpe was a late 7th round pick.

The vast majority of the Broncos best offensive line players during Shanahan's tenure were late rounders and undrafted FAs.

Terrell Davis was a 7th rounder, just like Sharpe. That means ever team passed at least six times.

Tom Brady - also passed on nearly half a dozen times by every team.

Dude, this isn't even hard. We're talking about a league where Tim Couch was a former first overall pick, followed up by Akili Smith. The NFL talent evaluation process is a massive crap shoot.

1. In most professions the level of failure that GMs in the NFL show would be grounds for termination at a minimum, incarceration in some. They are far from infallible, most of them are pulling **** from their asses.

2. I'm a strong believer in what John Madden once said when asked about how great a "genius" Bill Belichick is - that if it wasn't for the NFL these guys would be teaching PE, so it's pretty hard to call 'em a genius when that's the alternative.

A success rate a little better than 50/50 on employee evaluation would be shockingly awful in most circles of highly skilled professionals. That's the average first round success rate for GMs in the NFL.

Then again this was the same person who kept saying all last year how he was better than Cam Newton, so not too suprised
Cam Newton plays in an incredibly friendly offense to his (and Tim Tebow's) skill set, has been given all the snaps since day one, and still hasn't won ****.

Tim Tebow has been a square peg pounded into round holes from day one and he's got a division title and playoff win to his credit.

Seriously, how any Bronco fan could see last year's Wild Card round playoff game and not think that Tebow has real talent is absolutely beyond me. He carried us to a win over one of the best teams in the NFL that day with big play after big play.

The only difference between Tebow and his peer group is that the more "traditional" passer types have been allowed a much greater degree of freedom to fail as a passer. You jump on Tebow for having a 50% completion rate but that ignores:
Sam Bradford having a 53% completion rate in year two with the Rams.
Eli Manning having a 48.2% completion rate his first 9 games as a rookie and only a 52.8% completion rate in 16 games as a second year QB.
Peyton Manning only completed 56.7% of his passes as a rookie over 16 games.
Steve Young was a 53% or worse passer his first four seasons, which totaled over 30 games played.
Drew Brees was only a 55% passer his rookie season.

Needless to say, I could continue. Last season Tebow wasn't even allowed to try a real NFL offense because this staff had zero faith in him and were unwilling to even try. The previous season he had three starts against real NFL defenses that were actual real passing situations and he had a 50% completion rate, not wildly worse than many good NFL QBs today. That was a dumped into the deep end of the pool scenario with very little prep, while most of the seasons above came from QBs who had entire off-seasons of preparation with at least half, if not all, of the practice reps.

Tebow has never gotten a shot because his throwing motion is awkward, that is compounded further by him being left handed, and he spent his time in college being utilized in a spread option offense that relied heavily on his legs. Other than that its mostly negative image tied to his fan base, not his talent level.

Regardless, that is all about Tebow the passer. This thread is about Tebow the football player, being utilized in a different role. In said different role Tebow could be one of the most dynamic ball carriers in the NFL TODAY. Not a few years from now after being groomed, but next Sunday.

Mike Alstott was a very productive ball carrier. Jerome Bettis is a borderline HoF candidate. Tim Tebow has the size and power of either one of them. He could be an incredibly capable running back while his passing is developed in the off-season. If it never materializes then so be it, but he'd still be a valuable contributor to any team willing to find ways to put the ball in his hands.

Rock Chalk
12-21-2012, 12:22 PM

Technically, that's all he asked too.

Are you high?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-21-2012, 12:30 PM

Joey Porter was a practice squader for the Steelers, they cut him, the Ravens picked him up, cut him again, and then he wound up back with the Steelers. He since has won DPOY.

The vast majority of the Broncos best offensive line players during Shanahan's tenure were late rounders and undrafted FAs.

Terrell Davis was a 7th rounder, just like Sharpe. That means ever team passed at least six times.

Dude, this isn't even hard. We're talking about a league where Tim Couch was a former first overall pick, followed up by Akili Smith. The NFL talent evaluation process is a massive crap shoot.

1. In most professions the level of failure that GMs in the NFL show would be grounds for termination at a minimum, incarceration in some. They are far from infallible, most of them are pulling **** from their asses.

2. I'm a strong believer in what John Madden once said when asked about how great a "genius" Bill Belichick is - that if it wasn't for the NFL these guys would be teaching PE, so it's pretty hard to call 'em a genius when that's the alternative.

A success rate a little better than 50/50 on employee evaluation would be shockingly awful in most circles of highly skilled professionals. That's the average first round success rate for GMs in the NFL.

Cam Newton plays in an incredibly friendly offense to his (and Tim Tebow's) skill set, has been given all the snaps since day one, and still hasn't won ****.

Tim Tebow has been a square peg pounded into round holes from day one and he's got a division title and playoff win to his credit.

Seriously, how any Bronco fan could see last year's Wild Card round playoff game and not think that Tebow has real talent is absolutely beyond me. He carried us to a win over one of the best teams in the NFL that day with big play after big play.

The only difference between Tebow and his peer group is that the more "traditional" passer types have been allowed a much greater degree of freedom to fail as a passer. You jump on Tebow for having a 50% completion rate but that ignores:
Eli Manning having a 48.2% completion rate his first 9 games as a rookie and only a 52.8% completion rate in 16 games as a second year QB.
Steve Young was a 53% or worse passer his first four seasons, which totaled over 30 games played.

Needless to say, I could continue. Last season Tebow wasn't even allowed to try a real NFL offense because this staff had zero faith in him and were unwilling to even try. The previous season he had three starts against real NFL defenses that were actual real passing situations and he had a 50% completion rate, not wildly worse than many good NFL QBs today. That was a dumped into the deep end of the pool scenario with very little prep, while most of the seasons above came from QBs who had entire off-seasons of preparation with at least half, if not all, of the practice reps.

Tebow has never gotten a shot because his throwing motion is awkward, that is compounded further by him being left handed, and he spent his time in college being utilized in a spread option offense that relied heavily on his legs. Other than that its mostly negative image tied to his fan base, not his talent level.

Regardless, that is all about Tebow the passer. This thread is about Tebow the football player, being utilized in a different role. In said different role Tebow could be one of the most dynamic ball carriers in the NFL TODAY. Not a few years from now after being groomed, but next Sunday.

Mike Alstott was a very productive ball carrier. Jerome Bettis is a borderline HoF candidate. Tim Tebow has the size and power of either one of them. He could be an incredibly capable running back while his passing is developed in the off-season. If it never materializes then so be it, but he'd still be a valuable contributor to any team willing to find ways to put the ball in his hands.

When comparing Tebows possible same future as these players, maybe stick to examples of QBs. Sure there's going to be players overlooked who turn out great. Problem is Tebow WASN'T overlooked. He was in fact babied. Dumbing down an offense so badly just to get him on the field? You just compared Moons skills to Tebows? You're out of your mind. There's 2 examples. Young and flutie. And even young Had a different running skill. BYU and florida offenses were not the same. Quit comparing QBs who can throw. The differences with all those examples you gave is they had the skill set to become great. Tebow doesn't.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-21-2012, 12:34 PM
I used to think Drek knew what he was talking about...

DomCasual
12-21-2012, 12:42 PM
You really shouldn't do this sarcastic posting since many had trouble figuring it was sarcasm already.

I actually got a negative REP in this thread from TailgateNut of all people. He called me a moron.

Is that ironic, or what?

Blueflame
12-21-2012, 12:53 PM

Seriously, Drek... what "I" saw in that playoff game was an unprecedented lack of respect for our passing game from the Steelers D. Their concern was the run and they were totally unprepared for a pass play to be called... or more accurately, for it to be thrown well enough to be completed. And that disrespect bit them in the butt when Tebow and Thomas hooked up for the game winner. It was a good play... good execution and an amazing play call... but to say Tebow had "big play after big play" in that game seems like hyperbole to me. It's far more realistic and accurate to say that he had an awesome play that determined the game's outcome.

Drek
12-21-2012, 12:54 PM
When comparing Tebows possible same future as these players, maybe stick to examples of QBs. Sure there's going to be players overlooked who turn out great. Problem is Tebow WASN'T overlooked. He was in fact babied. Dumbing down an offense so badly just to get him on the field? You just compared Moons skills to Tebows? You're out of your mind. There's 2 examples. Young and flutie. And even young Had a different running skill. BYU and florida offenses were not the same. Quit comparing QBs who can throw. The differences with all those examples you gave is they had the skill set to become great. Tebow doesn't.

Ok, prove it.

Tim Tebow in college never had a season below a 64.4% completion rate and that was the year with his fewest pass attempts (298). His final season he completed 67.8% of his passes, on 314 attempts. That's more passes than a lot of rookie QBs make in a 16 game rookie season, so it's not that his college offense reduced his attempts via having him tuck and run repeatedly.

So what suddenly changed to where he can't complete passes in the NFL? Every QB upon entering the NFL hits a rough transition, primarily in their ability to complete passes. This is why most QB coaches will tell you it takes a good 20 games in the NFL for a young QB to adapt.

Tebow hasn't gotten 10 games where he's been allowed to actually throw the football with regularity and adapt to the NFL game. You say they dumbed down the offense last season because Tebow couldn't handle it but his completion percentage still went up as the season went on and his best games were the ones where he was allowed to throw with regularity. So I'd say last year's offense was the coaching staff dumbing down the offense due to their own insecurity about letting Tebow throw and therefore turning it into a self fulfilling prophecy.

What former first round QB has never been given a full off-season of preparation as the #1 starter in his entire career? I can't think of many, other than Tebow.

What former first round QB was moved off his drafting team before he even logged 16 starts? Again, not many other than Tebow.

So how has he been babied? All I see is a bunch of stubborn coaches refusing to give Tebow a chance because he's not their guy or doesn't fit their exact definition of what they want at QB.

If Tebow had gone to a team that didn't replace the GM and HC that brought him in before his first year was even over he might have gotten a real chance to develop and learn on the job, like most first round QBs. Instead he quickly became the previous regime's guy and was shuttled out of town at the first real opportunity. Since then he's been marked as damaged goods.

Meanwhile Andrew "The Savior" Luck is posting a whopping 54% completion rate and a QB rating on par with Tebow's career QBR, but he "wins games" so he's in ROY contention. Tebow did the same thing after being spotted a 1-5 start but he's been summarily dismissed. See the double standard? Its gratuitous over-weighting of the eye test and not paying attention to the outcomes.

Baseball had this same problem not too long ago. Kevin Youkilis didn't get a real shot in the majors until his mid-20's despite setting the all time minor league hit streak record because he didn't look like a conventional baseball player. He became a star, along with tons of other people scouts hated but who had valuable baseball skills. Unlike baseball there is no easy way to quantify all the skills that it takes to play football, since there are no true one on one match ups to isolate data points.

Now to clarify, I think there is a very good chance that even given a real shot to start at QB Tim Tebow would never amount to a good NFL QB. That is a very real outcome. But Tim Tebow is already a damn good football player, at least when he's got the ball and a lane to run in. So I just don't get why teams are so unwilling to work on the former in exchange for reaping the current profits of the later. Its not like you ever really need to let him start if you don't think he's developed any as a passer in two or three years, but the upside if he does is pretty tremendous. Meanwhile he's an elite power back like very few others.

BroncoBeavis
12-21-2012, 12:55 PM
I actually got a negative REP in this thread from TailgateNut of all people. He called me a moron.

Is that ironic, or what?

Negrep from TGN?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ77AJF2dYNezoI8bQrz3yQ5AkGLbum0-Biwxq8DDj_iYfi0RdOMw

Drek
12-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Seriously, Drek... what "I" saw in that playoff game was an unprecedented lack of respect for our passing game from the Steelers D. Their concern was the run and they were totally unprepared for a pass play to be called... or more accurately, for it to be thrown well enough to be completed. And that disrespect bit them in the butt when Tebow and Thomas hooked up for the game winner. It was a good play... good execution and an amazing play call... but to say Tebow had "big play after big play" in that game seems like hyperbole to me. It's far more realistic and accurate to say that he had an awesome play that determined the game's outcome.

He threw for 316 yards, 2 touchdowns, and a QB rating of 125.6 against that year's best defense. It wasn't just one good play.

And this all out attempt to stop the run you cite as the reason for that still allowed Tebow to run for 50 yards and a touchdown.

So he basically demolished the best defense in the league that year short his #2 WR and best offensive lineman, in only his 15th start in the NFL, period.

Yeah. Strong argument you got there.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Still wondering what it will take for the levy to break and for Drek to see what 100% of GMs in the league see in Tim Tebow: A non-quarterback.

Houshyamama
12-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Ground Emerges As Tim Tebow's Favorite Target

http://o.onionstatic.com/images/17/17772/original/700.jpg?5869

FLORHAM PARK, NJ—With competition heating up at practices, Jets coaches and players confirmed Thursday that the ground was quickly emerging as quarterback Tim Tebow’s favorite target and had already received 90 percent of the third-year player’s passes during the first three weeks of training camp.

Despite having a variety of options in wide receivers Santonio Holmes and Stephen Hill, tight end Dustin Keller, and even converted cornerback Antonio Cromartie, Tebow’s rapport with the ground has been evident as the quarterback has repeatedly thrown in the direction of the grassy surface.

“As we get into camp, more and more often Tim has been throwing to the ground,” center Nick Mangold said. “During plays, he just has this instinct for finding the ground every time. It’s becoming apparent to everyone on the team that the ground is Tim’s go-to target.”

“He just loves throwing it right to the ground,” Mangold added. “It doesn’t matter if the defense comes out in man coverage or an overload blitz. Tebow seems to know exactly where the ground will be and hits the wide-open turf every time.”

At a press conference at the team’s practice facilities, Jets head coach Rex Ryan said Tebow had developed great chemistry with the ground, adding that Tebow threw to the ground not just during scrimmages, but also throughout passing drills and warm-ups. Ryan noted that Tebow often stayed after practice with the QB coach throwing to the ground for hours.

“I’m impressed by how fast a deep bond formed between the ground and Tim,” said Ryan, adding that Tebow and the ground were on the same wavelength and on the path to becoming one the most memorable passing combinations in the franchise’s history. “Overall, Tebow and the ground share very similar characteristics and mindsets.”

Ryan was reportedly impressed with Tebow’s mobility and said the quarterback could consistently scramble away from defensive pressure and throw to the ground while on the run.

Jets quarterback coach Matt Cavanaugh said Tebow had elevated his game this season, demonstrating increased confidence and the arm strength to launch the ball 40 to 60 yards, as well the accuracy to hit right between the numbers painted on the grass. Cavanaugh confirmed Tebow had improved mechanics and velocity and was capable of hitting the ground anywhere on the field.

“Tim has exhibited over and over again that he can find the ground on a quick slant, fly route, button hook, Hail Mary, or screen pass,” Cavanaugh said. “Tebow just has that soft touch. He can toss a beautiful fade and precisely deliver the ball right to the ground in the corner of the end zone.”

“Sometimes he’s doing it almost to a fault,” Cavanaugh continued, “immediately flinging it to the ground when it’s not even his first or second option.”

After a meeting with Jets offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, Tebow has reportedly been focused on spreading the ball around more and has developed other favorite targets, including Gatorade coolers, D’Brickashaw Ferguson’s back, the bench, the pylons, a laundry bin filled with towels, and the team’s golf cart.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/ground-emerges-as-tim-tebows-favorite-target,29210/

BroncoBeavis
12-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Still wondering what it will take for the levy to break and for Drek to see what 100% of GMs in the league see in Tim Tebow: A non-quarterback.

Just wondering Kyle... are you a "Quarterback?"

Cuz if you are, I'm not sure if anyone really needs one of those. LOL

DomCasual
12-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Negrep from TGN?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ77AJF2dYNezoI8bQrz3yQ5AkGLbum0-Biwxq8DDj_iYfi0RdOMw

No kidding. I had no idea he was still around.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Just wondering Kyle... are you a "Quarterback?"

Cuz if you are, I'm not sure if anyone really needs one of those. LOL

HURR DURR.

Once again, your funny-making intellect is beyond anyone's wildest imagination. Feel free to answer the very honest question, though.

Rohirrim
12-21-2012, 01:09 PM
If anybody cares, the Montreal Alouettes hold the negotiating rights for Tebow in the CFL. Theismann says he wouldn't make it in the CFL either. I guess you have to be able to throw in that league as well. Who knew?

DENVERDUI55
12-21-2012, 01:13 PM

All your examples doesn't bode well mr Teblow. What do you think the percentage of those players are that made it against odds? Less than 1 percent probably? The QB's you list could at least throw the ball. Teblow doesn't even throw the ball as well as Randle El did. Get over it he is not a qb and he is too selfish to swap to RB.

Drek
12-21-2012, 01:13 PM

If I had the level of narrow minded incompetence most NFL GMs have with regards to their job I'd be in prison now for gross negligence and public endangerment. So sorry if I have a hard time trusting people who think failing only slightly less than half the time on personnel hires is acceptable.

I got a pocket full of coins with damn near the same reliability.

Also, to continue this discussion - Again, the point of this thread isn't Tebow as a quarterback (which I've made clear I think people dismiss far too quickly but is an aside) its about Tebow the football player. The fact that teams aren't chomping at the bit to bring him in and move him to HB or FB only further proves my point that most NFL GMs are too worried about their own job security to perform well. Tim Tebow if nothing else would be a standout situational ball carrier for any team. The complete unwillingness to bridge the gap with Tim by having him play that role while being groomed as a QB is proof enough that most NFL decision makers are about as capable of reasonable negotiation/management as the U.S. House of Congress.

BroncoBeavis
12-21-2012, 01:15 PM
HURR DURR.

Once again, your funny-making intellect is beyond anyone's wildest imagination. Feel free to answer the very honest question, though.

Honest question? Honest?

We started a Non-Quarterback at Quarterback for 13 games last season?

A Non-Quarterback threw for 316 yards against the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Heh. Honest. But you still haven't answered my "honest" question. Are you an NFL QB? Is Kyle the prototype Timmy should aspire to? LOL

elsid13
12-21-2012, 01:17 PM

There is someone who believes in anti-gravity that would disagree with you.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-21-2012, 01:20 PM
If I had the level of narrow minded incompetence most NFL GMs have with regards to their job I'd be in prison now for gross negligence and public endangerment. So sorry if I have a hard time trusting people who think failing only slightly less than half the time on personnel hires is acceptable.

I got a pocket full of coins with damn near the same reliability.

Also, to continue this discussion - Again, the point of this thread isn't Tebow as a quarterback (which I've made clear I think people dismiss far too quickly but is an aside) its about Tebow the football player. The fact that teams aren't chomping at the bit to bring him in and move him to HB or FB only further proves my point that most NFL GMs are too worried about their own job security to perform well. Tim Tebow if nothing else would be a standout situational ball carrier for any team. The complete unwillingness to bridge the gap with Tim by having him play that role while being groomed as a QB is proof enough that most NFL decision makers are about as capable of reasonable negotiation/management as the U.S. House of Congress.

I understand what you're saying here, all of it. I really do.

However, you also claimed that it was a 1:1 ratio between Tebow:Osweiler. Meaning that you still see him as a quarterback at this level. What I'm asking is what it will take for you give up the ghost. Dumped from three teams? Four? Five? Sub-50% completions for X number of seasons in a row?

I like your posts, and you know more football than pretty much any of the goofballs on this site. I'm just baffled that you would have this opinion of Tebow, that he can still be a legitimate, consistently effective passer on a pro team in spite of the facts pointing a different direction. It simply astounds me, because you don't seem like the type to get swept up in the "he's such a good guy/hard worker" absurdity that colors much of the pro-Tebow debate.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Honest question? Honest?

We started a Non-Quarterback at Quarterback for 13 games last season?

A Non-Quarterback threw for 316 yards against the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Heh. Honest. But you still haven't answered my "honest" question. Are you an NFL QB? Is Kyle the prototype Timmy should aspire to? LOL

Your question was ****ing retarded. As are 98% of your posts.

"Are you a quarterback?!?" No, I'm a consultant.

Are you actually Beavis? That's just as honest a question.

Kyle Orton isn't involved in this debate whatsoever. Your attempt at trolling has been denied.

Blueflame
12-21-2012, 01:24 PM
He threw for 316 yards, 2 touchdowns, and a QB rating of 125.6 against that year's best defense. It wasn't just one good play.

And this all out attempt to stop the run you cite as the reason for that still allowed Tebow to run for 50 yards and a touchdown.

So he basically demolished the best defense in the league that year short his #2 WR and best offensive lineman, in only his 15th start in the NFL, period.

Yeah. Strong argument you got there.

Well, if they expected Tebow to pass, one would think their DC would have had someone covering Thomas.

And they did need to load up to stop the run since 33 running plays were called.

errand
12-21-2012, 01:24 PM

OK genius....you explain how he's going to make a good to great TE starting from scratch when he sucks at playing QB...a position he's played since his peewee days

DBroncos4life
12-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Tim Tebow reminds me of Eric Crouch, both won't give up their dreams of being a QB someday.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-21-2012, 01:26 PM
316 yards... 80 of which came on one play.

/shrug

DBroncos4life
12-21-2012, 01:28 PM
316 yards... 80 of which came on one play.

/shrug

Lots of QBs throw for over 300 yards, some even do it in just 4 quarters of play. :rofl:

baja
12-21-2012, 01:28 PM

hy·po·thet·i·cal
/ˌhīpəˈTHetikəl/
Adjective
Of, based on, or serving as a hypothesis.
Noun
A hypothetical proposition or statement: "Flynn talked in hypotheticals, tossing what-if scenarios to Kernaghan".
Synonyms
hypothetic - conjectural - presumptive

You know the thing many board discussions are based on..8')

BroncoBeavis
12-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Your question was ****ing retarded. As are 98% of your posts.

"Are you a quarterback?!?" No, I'm a consultant.

Are you actually Beavis? That's just as honest a question.

Kyle Orton isn't involved in this debate whatsoever. Your attempt at trolling has been denied.

Let me further draw the parallel for you, Kyle.

Timmy's making $2 million base this year. You're making $900k.

The Broncos received a 4th and 6th round pick in exchange for Timmy in the offseason, because Peyton Manning signed as their starting QB. The Broncos cut you and ate part of your remaining salary just to get you out of their sight, while that other "non-quarterback" was busy playing quarterback.

I think if we're calling in the "Judgement of NFL GMs" card, the one thing that we'd have to say is that if Timmy's not a QB, there's no chance in hell Kyle Orton is. LOL

DBroncos4life
12-21-2012, 01:49 PM
Tebow needs to learn that only starters get press conferences and you become starter by EARNING the job he will be a failure in the NFL.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Ok, prove it.

Tim Tebow in college never had a season below a 64.4% completion rate and that was the year with his fewest pass attempts (298). His final season he completed 67.8% of his passes, on 314 attempts. That's more passes than a lot of rookie QBs make in a 16 game rookie season, so it's not that his college offense reduced his attempts via having him tuck and run repeatedly.

So what suddenly changed to where he can't complete passes in the NFL? Every QB upon entering the NFL hits a rough transition, primarily in their ability to complete passes. This is why most QB coaches will tell you it takes a good 20 games in the NFL for a young QB to adapt.

Tebow hasn't gotten 10 games where he's been allowed to actually throw the football with regularity and adapt to the NFL game. You say they dumbed down the offense last season because Tebow couldn't handle it but his completion percentage still went up as the season went on and his best games were the ones where he was allowed to throw with regularity. So I'd say last year's offense was the coaching staff dumbing down the offense due to their own insecurity about letting Tebow throw and therefore turning it into a self fulfilling prophecy.

What former first round QB has never been given a full off-season of preparation as the #1 starter in his entire career? I can't think of many, other than Tebow.

What former first round QB was moved off his drafting team before he even logged 16 starts? Again, not many other than Tebow.

So how has he been babied? All I see is a bunch of stubborn coaches refusing to give Tebow a chance because he's not their guy or doesn't fit their exact definition of what they want at QB.

If Tebow had gone to a team that didn't replace the GM and HC that brought him in before his first year was even over he might have gotten a real chance to develop and learn on the job, like most first round QBs. Instead he quickly became the previous regime's guy and was shuttled out of town at the first real opportunity. Since then he's been marked as damaged goods.

Meanwhile Andrew "The Savior" Luck is posting a whopping 54% completion rate and a QB rating on par with Tebow's career QBR, but he "wins games" so he's in ROY contention. Tebow did the same thing after being spotted a 1-5 start but he's been summarily dismissed. See the double standard? Its gratuitous over-weighting of the eye test and not paying attention to the outcomes.

Baseball had this same problem not too long ago. Kevin Youkilis didn't get a real shot in the majors until his mid-20's despite setting the all time minor league hit streak record because he didn't look like a conventional baseball player. He became a star, along with tons of other people scouts hated but who had valuable baseball skills. Unlike baseball there is no easy way to quantify all the skills that it takes to play football, since there are no true one on one match ups to isolate data points.

Now to clarify, I think there is a very good chance that even given a real shot to start at QB Tim Tebow would never amount to a good NFL QB. That is a very real outcome. But Tim Tebow is already a damn good football player, at least when he's got the ball and a lane to run in. So I just don't get why teams are so unwilling to work on the former in exchange for reaping the current profits of the later. Its not like you ever really need to let him start if you don't think he's developed any as a passer in two or three years, but the upside if he does is pretty tremendous. Meanwhile he's an elite power back like very few others.

I never got past your first 2 paragraphs. I don't need to see 20 games to know Wilson and RG3 will make it. You're pointing out how good he was in college. Then asking what changed in the NFL? Are you for real? I don't really need to get into comparing college defenses with NFL defenses. How many QBs were so great in college yet sucked in the NFL? There's a LONG list. The newest edition to that list is tebow. I expected AT LEAST 1 TD as a jet. Just one in an entire preseason. An entire season. Don't give me this he didnt get an opportunity crap. McElroy at least scored in the preseason and regular season.

Tebow is not a starting QB. I remember Gino torretta fans telling me to wait and see too. Good luck following his soon to be extinct career.

Br0nc0Buster
12-21-2012, 02:34 PM

*yawn*

Mark Sanchez laughs at Tebow's division title
He only made it to back to back AFC Championships to start his career

Maybe one day you will stop praising individual players for team accomplishments and actually judge players for how their perform in their role, not how their teammates perform

Or you can continue to live in a fantasy land where Cam Newton is less valuable than a 3rd string qb/punt protector

Rohirrim
12-21-2012, 02:38 PM
As another consideration, I think the economics of the NFL have changed as well. There was a time when a team could sit a guy like Young behind a Montana for a couple of years. Not anymore. Every team is looking for the RGIII, Luck, or Wilson to get them going right out of the gate. If you have a really good QB playing number two to your starter, teams will be coming after him and you'll have to pay him. The economics don't work anymore. Tebow had his shot. Will he get another? I doubt it.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-21-2012, 02:42 PM
*yawn*

Mark Sanchez laughs at Tebow's division title
He only made it to back to back AFC Championships to start his career

Maybe one day you will stop praising individual players for team accomplishments and actually judge players for how their perform in their role, not how their teammates perform

Or you can continue to live in a fantasy land where Cam Newton is less valuable than a 3rd string qb/punt protector

Drek is flat out blind. He thinks tebow full blasted himself into the playoffs. When in the REAL WORLD tebow was given the opportunity to get the broncos into the playoffs, went 0-3 and had Phillip rivers beat the raiders for us to even get in. Would be funny to see what they would be saying had the raiders won that last game. What would they have to cling to then?

rbackfactory80
12-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi, I'm Denver Broncos Fan. I hate Tebow because he helped turn around a dog**** team and win our first playoff game in 7 years and make a season that was completely lost, fun again.

I hope he fails miserably in all his travels.

DBroncos4life
12-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Hi, I'm Denver Broncos Fan. I hate Tebow because he helped turn around a dog**** team and win our first playoff game in 7 years and make a season that was completely lost, fun again.

Same dog **** team that might win 13 games with a real QB :thumbs:

rbackfactory80
12-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Same dog **** team that might win 13 games with a real QB :thumbs:

See, the difference between you and me was I was happy in the playoffs last year, and I will be this year also. Sucks to only be a fan of a team completely on your terms. Sounds kind of control freaky.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-21-2012, 02:53 PM

In sports there are some people who hate players/teams just for the hate of them. Then there are some who hate teams/players because of obnoxious fans of those teams/players. Lakers are an example of that. The hate for tebow would be alot less if the ridiculous fans would just shut up about this fantasy future. Quit blaming everything around him and making excuses. There were excuses for every ****ty QB that ended up sucking in the NFL.

maven
12-21-2012, 02:57 PM
The fact that teams aren't chomping at the bit to bring him in and move him to HB or FB only further proves my point that most NFL GMs are too worried about their own job security to perform well. Tim Tebow if nothing else would be a standout situational ball carrier for any team. The complete unwillingness to bridge the gap with Tim by having him play that role while being groomed as a QB is proof enough that most NFL decision makers are about as capable of reasonable negotiation/management as the U.S. House of Congress.

The Tebow wasn't happy being a situational player and will demand a trade/release in the offseason.

baja
12-21-2012, 02:57 PM

LOL It's ***in pathetic isn't it. I just don't get the hate for the guy. I would have to call it a true mystery in human behavior.

Hey posters in 25 words or less why do you hate the guy?

and don't say you don't hate him because if you did not hate him you would not mind taking a flier on him at another position.

and don't say it is the circus he brings because if he is not a qb the circus goes away.

DBroncos4life
12-21-2012, 02:58 PM
See, the difference between you and me was I was happy in the playoffs last year, and I will be this year also. Sucks to only be a fan of a team completely on your terms. Sounds kind of control freaky.

The fact that you called the team DOG **** is the major difference between you and me. Last years team was a 10 plus win team with a good QB. Instead we had Orton and Tebow. The fact that you think I should like Tebow for every reasons you do sounds like you are the one with the control issues.

DBroncos4life
12-21-2012, 03:00 PM
LOL It's ***in pathetic isn't it. I just don't get the hate for the guy. I would have to call it a true mystery in human behavior.

and don't say you don't hate him because if you did not hate him you would not mind taking a flier on him at another position.

and don't say it is the circus he brings because if he is not a qb the circus goes away.
Hey in 25 words or less tell us why you quit on the team because they traded Tebow.

rbackfactory80
12-21-2012, 03:01 PM
In sports there are some people who hate players/teams just for the hate of them. Then there are some who hate teams/players because of obnoxious fans of those teams/players. Lakers are an example of that. The hate for tebow would be alot less if the ridiculous fans would just shut up about this fantasy future. Quit blaming everything around him and making excuses. There were excuses for every ****ty QB that ended up sucking in the NFL.

Yeah but both sides just breed more hate. It has less to do with Tebow at this point than about other ridiculous reasons. For that matter how many quarterbacks coming off a a playoff win get judged the way he was? Just wasn't the time.

I'm just appreciative of what he helped this team do. Playoff wins aren't a regular occurrence in Denver as of late. I'm thankful and happy of where we are now.

baja
12-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Hey in 25 words or less tell us why you quit on the team because they traded Tebow.

I can tell you in two words;

I didn't.

DBroncos4life
12-21-2012, 03:03 PM
I can tell you in two words;

I didn't.

Really because in words you said you would. :thumbs:

rbackfactory80
12-21-2012, 03:04 PM
The fact that you called the team DOG **** is the major difference between you and me. Last years team was a 10 plus win team with a good QB. Instead we had Orton and Tebow. The fact that you think I should like Tebow for every reasons you do sounds like you are the one with the control issues.

I'm fine with it but you turn every thread into this. What are you trying to prove?

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-21-2012, 03:05 PM

Why can't you guys understand its not tebow. It's his fans. Teboners always ask, why do you hate the guy? Without even knowing what the hate is directed at. When I had clowns tell me fox and McCoy were purposely sabatoging tebow or Elway was "jealous" of tebow, then that's gonna get slapped in the face. Saying the Oline sucks. WRs suck. Coaches suck. Ownership sucks. Refs suck. The equipment sucks. That kind of obnoxious **** is not a good look.

baja
12-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Really because in words you said you would. :thumbs:

OK just pretend I'm not here than.

Hope that helps you.

Blueflame
12-21-2012, 03:10 PM
The Tebow wasn't happy being a situational player and will demand a trade/release in the offseason.

That whole "demanding a trade/release" thing only ends well for players that other teams want/are willing to trade something of value for...

DBroncos4life
12-21-2012, 03:10 PM
I'm fine with it but you turn every thread into this. What are you trying to prove?

I have more posts in this thread about Jay Cutler then I do Tebow.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Yeah but both sides just breed more hate. It has less to do with Tebow at this point than about other ridiculous reasons. For that matter how many quarterbacks coming off a a playoff win get judged the way he was? Just wasn't the time.

I'm just appreciative of what he helped this team do. Playoff wins aren't a regular occurrence in Denver as of late. I'm thankful and happy of where we are now.

I think had MacGruder KOSK JHNS and some of the other instigators who bashed anyone who didnt think tebow was a legit starter were not around back then, the tension on this board wouldn't be as bad. I get that it gets old from the other sides point of view, there are alot who liked him but have moved on. And this kind of discussion gets on their nerves. I understand that. It's gonna die down soon enough. The thing that would make the haters shut up is tebow actually playing like a legit starter. IMO that won't happen.

rbackfactory80
12-21-2012, 03:18 PM
I call for a ceasefire

Rohirrim
12-21-2012, 03:20 PM

And THAT is exactly why I don't want Tebow back. Everybody gets turned into lovers and haters, with no gray area, as if we were all on the kindergarten playground.

Like I said, the GOAT took a good look at him and said, "No thanks." I'll go with that.

DENVERDUI55
12-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Ok, prove it.

Tim Tebow in college never had a season below a 64.4% completion rate and that was the year with his fewest pass attempts (298). His final season he completed 67.8% of his passes, on 314 attempts. That's more passes than a lot of rookie QBs make in a 16 game rookie season, so it's not that his college offense reduced his attempts via having him tuck and run repeatedly..

I'll just bring up his profile of strength and weaknesses coming from HS to college and college to the pros and compare it to what we know now. 65% in college is very average really especially in a Meyer system.

HS

"Brings big-time athletic ability to the table for a quarterback prospect. Has a strong arm and above average speed and elusiveness. Showed positive leadership ability in quarterbacking his team to the state title as a high school senior. Physical enough player to also play linebacker or fullback should quarterback not work out. Needs to work on accuracy, touch, and gain a better grasp of the fundamentals of the passing game. "

College

Weaknesses
Tebow really struggles with his accuracy. Release is far to slow to fit balls into spots against NFL defensive backs. Release point and mechanics (elongated, wind-mill delivery which comes out too low) likely need to be altered. Was not asked to run through pro-style progressions and struggled reading defenses, especially those with NFL concepts, in college.

PROS

Same freaking scouting report would work. Just because someone doesn't think he can be a NFL starting QB doesn't mean he is being hated on. This is like my good friend that thinks he will be a pro golfer and he has been trying for years and only shoots par to one or two below. It's not going to happen and sometimes you just have to admit to it. The sooner Tebow realizes he is a FB the better for him.

baja
12-21-2012, 03:49 PM
And THAT is exactly why I don't want Tebow back. Everybody gets turned into lovers and haters, with no gray area, as if we were all on the kindergarten playground.

Like I said, the GOAT took a good look at him and said, "No thanks." I'll go with that.

He said no thanks on Tebow the QB, we don't know what he thinks about Tebow the fullback/tight end/ linebacker.

baja
12-21-2012, 03:51 PM
OK let's change this a bit. Let's say the Jets outright release Tebow and every other team passes on him would you like the Broncos to bring him for a look?

BroncoBeavis
12-21-2012, 03:54 PM
I'll just bring up his profile of strength and weaknesses coming from HS to college and college to the pros and compare it to what we know now. 65% in college is very average really especially in a Meyer system.

Brock's 60.6% sends his regards. Peyton's 62.5% would also like a mention.

ludo21
12-21-2012, 03:56 PM
i love me some tebow, but unfortunately we wont be seeing him again.

I wish him all the best and a chance to play QB. He (and the Defense) played great last year, and I wont forget that magical season for a looong time

BroncoBeavis
12-21-2012, 03:57 PM
Drew Brees ... 61.2%
Aaron Rodgers 63.8%
Tom Brady 62.3%
Eli Manning 60.8%

etc etc

Oh, and Timmy was 66.4%, inaccurate bastard that he was.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Hi, I'm Denver Broncos Fan. I see Tebow for what he really is even though he helped turn around a dog**** team and win our first playoff game in 7 years and make a season that was completely lost, fun again.

I just don't think the guy has what it takes to make it at this level, and since Baja started this stupid ****ing thread about him, I think I'll comment..

Fixed your post. You're welcome.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-21-2012, 04:01 PM

Says the guy claiming anyone questioning his abilities "hates" him. Good show.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Drew Brees ... 61.2%
Aaron Rodgers 63.8%
Tom Brady 62.3%
Eli Manning 60.8%

etc etc

Difference is these QBs had the skills to overcome the NFL hump. I see nothing in Tebows game that these players possesed. That's the thing the lovers don't understand. They keep comparing him to players who actually had basic fundamentals. Tebow still has a hard time dropping back!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-21-2012, 04:04 PM
OK let's change this a bit. Let's say the Jets outright release Tebow and every other team passes on him would you like the Broncos to bring him for a look?

No.

No more circus. I know, I know "it wouldn't be a circus though!" Bull****. The circus follows him, regardless. He's a ****ing punt protector this year, and there's a circus, and it's been there since training camp.

No thank you.

rbackfactory80
12-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Says the guy claiming anyone questioning his abilities "hates" him. Good show.

Sure I have said that. You are the guy that still has orton's meat in your mouth.

Teko taking butthurt to a new level. Let it go, Orton isn't coming back.

DENVERDUI55
12-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Drew Brees ... 61.2%
Aaron Rodgers 63.8%
Tom Brady 62.3%
Eli Manning 60.8%

etc etc

Thanks for proving my point. College accuracy is BS and has no correlation to the NFL. How were Alex Smith's numbers and Chris leaks? They played in same system.

baja
12-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80
Hi, I'm Denver Broncos Fan. I see Tebow for what he really is even though he helped turn around a dog**** team and win our first playoff game in 7 years and make a season that was completely lost, fun again.

I just don't think the guy has what it takes to make it at this level, and since Baja started this stupid ****ing thread about him, I think I'll comment..

Fixed your post. You're welcome.

Yet you have 16 posts in the thread and are the top 4 poster. Go figure.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-21-2012, 04:07 PM
What I don't understand are the complainers who call out the haters and the lovers. If there is a thread with the name tebow in it, just don't click on it. You already know there's gonna be chairs flying in any thread that has the name tebow in it. There's a good portion of OM members who never click on these threads. That's the easiest and smartest way to avoid getting upset with people either hating or loving

baja
12-21-2012, 04:10 PM
No.

No more circus. I know, I know "it wouldn't be a circus though!" Bull****. The circus follows him, regardless. He's a ****ing punt protector this year, and there's a circus, and it's been there since training camp.

No thank you.

actually he backs up the worse starting qb in the NFL and it's the Jets with the insane fan base. But don't let that get in the way of your decision making process.

rbackfactory80
12-21-2012, 04:10 PM
What I don't understand are the complainers who call out the haters and the lovers. If there is a thread with the name tebow in it, just don't click on it. You already know there's gonna be chairs flying in any thread that has the name tebow in it. There's a good portion of OM members who never click on these threads. That's the easiest and smartest way to avoid getting upset with people either hating or loving

True but everytime I see a thread with the Tebow name I see a last post by Errand or DB4life. I figured they were getting paid by the post.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-21-2012, 04:14 PM
Sure I have said that. You are the guy that still has orton's meat in your mouth.

Teko taking butthurt to a new level. Let it go, Orton isn't coming back.

Sure you have. Wasn't even very long ago.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3760105&postcount=196

"Hi, I'm Denver Broncos Fan. I hate Tebow because he helped turn around a dog**** team and win our first playoff game in 7 years and make a season that was completely lost, fun again.

I hope he fails miserably in all his travels."

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-21-2012, 04:15 PM
actually he backs up the worse starting qb in the NFL and it's the Jets with the insane fan base. But don't let that get in the way of your decision making process.

Oh really? He backs up Sanchez?

Is that why Sanchez is being benched this weekend for McElroy?

You're not smart.

rbackfactory80
12-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Sure you have. Wasn't even very long ago.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3760105&postcount=196

"Hi, I'm Denver Broncos Fan. I hate Tebow because he helped turn around a dog**** team and win our first playoff game in 7 years and make a season that was completely lost, fun again.

I hope he fails miserably in all his travels."

You message board too seriously, lighten up francis. Btw I understand questioning his ability.

DENVERDUI55
12-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Drew Brees ... 61.2%
Aaron Rodgers 63.8%
Tom Brady 62.3%
Eli Manning 60.8%

etc etc

How many screen passes and shovel passes did Timmy throw? A hell of a lot and arguing that Timmy is accurate is just plain ignorant.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-21-2012, 04:18 PM
You message board too seriously, lighten up francis. Btw I understand questioning his ability.

Clearly you do not. You think questioning his ability is "hating" him. You said so yourself.

Do you need me to post the link to that post again?

rbackfactory80
12-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Clearly you do not. You think questioning his ability is "hating" him. You said so yourself.

Do you need me to post the link to that post again?

You're an idiot. I just said it as fact. I don't understand the hate to this day. Enjoy the season tight wad

Blueflame
12-21-2012, 04:20 PM
He said no thanks on Tebow the QB, we don't know what he thinks about Tebow the fullback/tight end/ linebacker.

I think he also said no thanks to the "Tebow fans"--whom he specifically differentiated from "Bronco fans".

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-21-2012, 04:21 PM
You're an idiot. I just said it as fact. I don't understand the hate to this day. Enjoy the season tight wad

So is it hate? Or do you understand questioning his ability?

Because honestly, your last two posts show you be someone who has no idea what he's talking about.

I'm enjoying this season. Too bad you can't join us since you're busy pining for the fullback. Poor little fella.

rbackfactory80
12-21-2012, 04:22 PM

Because honestly, your last two posts show you be someone who has no idea what he's talking about.

I'm enjoying this season. Too bad you can't join us since you're busy pining for the fullback. Poor little fella.

At least this post was funny. You're on the right track. Loosen the suspenders next.

baja
12-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Oh really? He backs up Sanchez?

Is that why Sanchez is being benched this weekend for McElroy?

You're not smart.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/depth-chart.html
----------------

Tim Tebow still NY Jets backup quarterback when healthy, says head coach Rex Ryan

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-insider-tebow-backup-healthy-article-1.1217447#ixzz2FjfwdrVd

rbackfactory80
12-21-2012, 04:24 PM

Understand there is a difference between questioning it and missing the bigger picture of what is going on this season. I understand the questions, just not at this point.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-21-2012, 04:29 PM
http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/depth-chart.html
----------------

Tim Tebow still NY Jets backup quarterback when healthy, says head coach Rex Ryan

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-insider-tebow-backup-healthy-article-1.1217447#ixzz2FjfwdrVd

Well sure he's the back up QB. He just happens to be backing up McElroy now. When your HC admits to the public that he wouldn't let him throw one pass, that's just about rock bottom.

baja
12-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Well sure he's the back up QB. He just happens to be backing up McElroy now. When your HC admits to the public that he wouldn't let him throw one pass, that's just about rock bottom.

Tebow has been the #2 QB most of the season until he got jobbed by a weak coach hoping to save his job. You lose. Go sit in the corner.

DENVERDUI55
12-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Tebow has been the #2 QB most of the season until he got jobbed by a weak coach hoping to save his job. You lose. Go sit in the corner.

Very similar to Ball and Hillman with Moreno.

baja
12-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Very similar to Ball and Hillman with Moreno.

Not really Moreno was not fully recovered from a serous knee injury.

Plus he had an attitude issue that he needed to sit and think about.

Good thing for him he has a smart coach that provided him with the best chance to see the error of his ways.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-21-2012, 04:44 PM

Haha blaming yet another head coach sabatoging him. It can't be all the footballs that sailed into the Gatorade cooler during practice.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Not really Moreno was not fully recovered from a serous knee injury.

Plus he had an attitude issue that he needed to sit and think about.

Good thing for him he has a smart coach that provided him with the best chance to see the error of his ways.

Moreno had an attitude problem?? Where is this documented? Proof? All I heard was him tearing up the practices for the squad team. Moreno disappeared after that ball hit the turf. See how that works? Impress in practice you can leap frog the depth chart. Tebow can't show anything in practice. Even his own teammates say it.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-21-2012, 04:50 PM
my 2 bits when manning came here and became the broncos QB it was end of story with me and when Tebow got sent to the jets he fell off my radar and i then backed manning 100% i had concerns when we went 1-3 at first but i never quit on the Broncos . i was aggravated with the start but i had hope perhaps next year would be the year the broncos would go to the playoffs and win.
but. I NEVER QUIT ON THIS TEAM NOR DID I BECOME A JETS FAN LIKE MCGRUDER !!!! that tool .
this does not mean i hate despise Tebow he is not a bronco so i dont keep up with him much . i also like kubiak and shannahan .if Denver dont get to the super bowl i hope kubiak and shannahan do . that be a super bowl i would watch other than Denver 3 former Bronco coaches fighting for no 1 in the nfl kubiak and Phillips vs shannahan

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-21-2012, 04:52 PM
now shouldnt we get behind the team we all love and hope they finish 13-3 and perhaps even becoming the no 1 seed in the AFC .
Houston has to lose out Denver has to win out to move into no 1 it could happen

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-21-2012, 04:52 PM
my 2 bits when manning came here and became the broncos QB it was end of story with me and when Tebow got sent to the jets he fell off my radar and i then backed manning 100% i had concerns when we went 1-3 at first but i never quit on the Broncos . i was aggravated with the start but i had hope perhaps next year would be the year the broncos would go to the playoffs and win.
but. I NEVER QUIT ON THIS TEAM NOR DID I BECOME A JETS FAN LIKE MCGRUDER !!!! that tool .
this does not mean i hate despise Tebow he is not a bronco so i dont keep up with him much . i also like kubiak and shannahan .if Denver dont get to the super bowl i hope kubiak and shannahan do . that be a super bowl i would watch other than Denver 3 former Bronco coaches fighting for no 1 in the nfl kubiak and Phillips vs shannahan

We went 1-3?