PDA

View Full Version : Kuper sits out practice Wednesday

pricejj
12-19-2012, 03:23 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22223903/injury-plagued-guard-chris-kuper-sits-out-broncos

Kaylore
12-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Get better, Kupe. We need him for the playoffs.

cutthemdown
12-19-2012, 03:26 PM
It's pretty obvious Broncos will need some help at the guard spot come the offseason. Good thing is when you are bottom of the first round, that is a great spot for guards and centers. Hopefully Kuper will be 100% come playoffs.

ColoradoDarin
12-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Bye, Bye and Bye, rest up for the Division Round Kupe.

bronco militia
I wonder if the DPO assumes it's his ankle?

Kaylore
You don't need to spend a first round pick on a guard or center. You can get great linemen in lines 3-6. I would be pissed if we wasted a pick that high on an interior lineman unless he was all world, and I want us to draft another one.

BroncoMan4ever
12-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Why is all this talk about potential replacements for Kupe coming about so much? Aside from this season the guy has been a rock for us. He has played 78 of 80 games since becoming a starter. Let the guy have a season to get the ankle back to 100% before throwing him away

Tombstone RJ
12-19-2012, 03:49 PM
You don't need to spend a first round pick on a guard or center. You can get great linemen in lines 3-6. I would be pissed if we wasted a pick that high on an interior lineman unless he was all world, and I want us to draft another one.

Rumor has it that the Broncos would have taken DeCosta (I think that's his name) for Stanford with the 26th pick if he was there but of course the crappy stellers took him right before the Broncos. So I think if there is a interior oline guy there that is is just too good to pass up then the Broncos may take him.

Kaylore
12-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Why is all this talk about potential replacements for Kupe coming about so much? Aside from this season the guy has been a rock for us. He has played 78 of 80 games since becoming a starter. Let the guy have a season to get the ankle back to 100% before throwing him away

I don't think Kupe is done. But not sure about Walton and Koppen is old. It would behoove the Broncos to invest in another good interior lineman if any of those three don't work out.

Bmore Manning
12-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Rumor has it that the Broncos would have taken DeCosta (I think that's his name) for Stanford with the 26th pick if he was there but of course the crappy stellers took him right before the Broncos. So I think if there is a interior oline guy there that is is just too good to pass up then the Broncos may take him.

DeCastro*

This is why I mocked Barrett Jones to us. That's one versatile tough dude, day one starter for sure!

Requiem
12-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Get better Kuper, because when you are healthy -- you are super duper!

pricejj
12-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Get better Kuper, because when you are healthy -- you are super duper!

Super Duper Kuper?

I like it...:rofl:

Kaylore
12-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Super Duper Kuper?

I like it...:rofl:

Anything is better than Kuper Glue.

baja
12-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Anything is better than Kuper Glue.

Well I realize you stick to him just fine without it. ;D

Agamemnon
12-19-2012, 04:53 PM

If Center or Guard are the BPA I could live with it.

DomCasual
12-19-2012, 04:55 PM

I think we still had hopes that Foneco would work out, at that point.

DomCasual
12-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Bye, Bye and Bye, rest up for the Division Round Kupe.

Amen. We should be able to win the next two without him. That gives his ankle three more weeks to heal up.

TheReverend
12-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Kuper's not going to forget how to play. Be over cautious with him and can be fresh and rested for the divisional round of the playoffs.

eddie mac
12-19-2012, 05:33 PM
The De Castro pick likely would've been made cos Beadles/Walton were poor in 2011. Who knew it was really Tebow/Orton's fault :-)

cutthemdown
12-19-2012, 07:00 PM

I notice quite a few mocks have guards rated to go bottom of the first, through top 10-15 of second round. So IMO its not a reach to think value you would be there.

In fact I think there are quite a few starting gaurds and centers in the league who went right about that spot in the draft.

Obviously though there could be great players anywhere in the draft. I could care less what round they come from. If you look at draft history you do see the top guards and centers come off the board late first through the 2nd round. I wouldnt be surprised at all if that Alabama center goes right around our spot.

cutthemdown
12-19-2012, 07:01 PM
As soon as Kupe can play i say he plays. Its good to get into a rythym before we face the playoffs.

SoCalBronco
12-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Khan says its a groin strain.

ZONA
12-19-2012, 07:10 PM
I think they rest him up yet another week. Probably give him a little work in the last game but maybe a quarter or half only.

Koppen and Walton are fine. Between both of them, I don't think Center is an issue at all. I could see the Broncos going interior linemen in the 2nd or 3rd if the guy was a stud but that would be a guard and one who could compete with Beadles.

I think the Broncos, in no apparent order, will use drafts for these positions.

LG
DT
S
DE
RB
MLB
TE

There ya go, that's what the Broncos will look at this coming year.

cutthemdown
12-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Koppen to old IMO to not think about a center. Unless they still see Walton as an NFL starter. I don't like that player but at this point I will defer to Elway who seems to know exactly what he is doing. If Broncos think they dont need guard i wouldn't complain. But I think we will see a guard or a center taken in the top half of the draft. That is unless the sign some in FA. I would be a bit surprised if they didn't try to upgrade the middle of the oline. Honestly they don't get the push they need in short yardage.

Still can't complain team has played very well and as fans we have to be happy. Elway has shown he knows what hes doing and Bowlen has shown he still wants to win. Our draft picks panning out better and our team getting younger and more exciting.

maven
12-19-2012, 10:05 PM

He makes a lot of $$$ and hasn't played a lot this year. The Broncos are winning without him. Add in the factor he gets banged up a lot, he's a potential cut. You can hit the draft to find a replacement or a cheaper FA.