PDA

View Full Version : Which season are you enjoying more? Tebowmania or the PeytonDomination

shalowlow
12-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah I'm going here, because I think it's an interesting question.

Personally, Tebowmania was just great, every game was edge of your seat, and some of those endings were just out of this world. The playoff win against the Steelers was one of my favorite moments as a Broncos fan.

But that same fan in me can't help but love every minute of this season. If it was up to me we would win every game by 50 and never have a game in doubt, so I definitely prefer this season.

But really, we are luck to have such awesome seasons back to back after was was a huge lull since the Cutler days.

I can understand those that may find this season kind of, well maybe boring, especially this winning streak. Or maybe not...

Well what do you think?

Kaylore
12-19-2012, 02:32 PM
The end of games were better last year, but that's not a good thing. I love having the 2 seed and knowing we can move the ball when we need to. I am not as much a fan of waiting until the final seven minutes of a game for something good to happen.

DomCasual
12-19-2012, 02:34 PM
It's not even a comparison. It's like asking, "What would you rather do - go see the freak show at the county fair, or go see the London Symphony Orchestra?"

This season, I've realized how much I've missed good football. Last year was generally painful to watch for two hours and forty-five minutes every Sunday.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Last year I felt like I was watching the Circus. Which was fun.

This year, it feels like Im watching football. Which is more fun

BroncoMan4ever
12-19-2012, 02:38 PM
The Tebow thing was fun...during the last 3 minutes of games. The other 57 minutes were boring and sucked. Give me this team with a real offense a badass D and the number 2 seed over gimmick football any day of the week

broncocalijohn
12-19-2012, 02:39 PM
I liked both and the media going nuts as we kept winning with them bitching about our 60 yards passing last season was the fun part. I expect wins from Manning and how we won with Tebow was crazy fun. It pissed people off. I know we go farther with Manning but being asked about Tebow and the Broncos last year from Broncos' fans and non fans was pretty fun. Only difference is we will be going farther in January and good chance into February with Manning.

DENVERDUI55
12-19-2012, 02:44 PM
This year 100x. Last year was fun but the end result was always known. Denver is a SB threat this year and last year only happens once in every thousand years where all the luck lines up for one QB less flawed team.

TheReverend
12-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Let's wait to see how it ends before we answer this question...

Fedaykin
12-19-2012, 02:48 PM
This season. No contest.

Bronco X
12-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Let's wait to see how it ends before we answer this question...

Even if the Broncos are one and out this year, there is no question this team is better than last year's and has a much better shot of winning a title. No need to wait... I'll take this every time.

Tombstone RJ
12-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Manning, by a country mile.

Pick Six
12-19-2012, 03:05 PM
After a while, I was actually EMBARRASSED by our dumb luck. The Patriots game exposed what happened with a REAL opponent. It was a mess. I'll take Peyton, for the Super Bowl win, Alex...:lombardi::lombardi:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Manning. Not close.

ColoradoDarin
12-19-2012, 03:09 PM
Toss up right now.

We won a playoff game last year (by passing on the #1 pass D!), and we've locked up the AFCW already this year and are shooting for the #2 seed. So yeah, about even, with a slight edge to this year because it's not done yet.

TheReverend
12-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Even if the Broncos are one and out this year, there is no question this team is better than last year's and has a much better shot of winning a title. No need to wait... I'll take this every time.

They don't have a better shot if they go one and out, technically...

What I'm saying is that the heart favors the present. Last year all the threads were "Most exciting season in Bronco history!!!!!!!!!!111"

maven
12-19-2012, 03:31 PM
This year by far. There's for me, actual hope it can go all the way. Last year was a dud towards the end of the season. The huge play in the wild card round was great but the New England game just sucked. Watching the team last season was fun, but I knew it wasn't a team going all the way.

bronco militia
12-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Last year I felt like I was watching the Circus. Which was fun.

This year, it feels like Im watching football. Which is more fun

this^

last year was a freak show everyweek. It was 10 times more fun than the previous 5 years combined.

srphoenix
12-19-2012, 03:40 PM
This year has been much better even though last year was a blast. It's nice to be able to trust the offense when it gets on the field. It's like going from 2008-2010's awful defenses to last year and this years defense.

bombay
12-19-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm a Broncos fan. Love what is happening here, and don't care what is happening in NY.

enjolras
12-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Toss up right now.

We won a playoff game last year (by passing on the #1 pass D!), and we've locked up the AFCW already this year and are shooting for the #2 seed. So yeah, about even, with a slight edge to this year because it's not done yet.

This years team beats that Steelers team by 32 points. They were banged up beyond all belief when we got them last year.

baja
12-19-2012, 03:46 PM
If last season with Tebow was an 8 this season with Manning and the rest of the team is a 25.

BroncoBeavis
12-19-2012, 03:52 PM
This years team beats that Steelers team by 32 points. They were banged up beyond all belief when we got them last year.

Please. Last year's Steelers were 12-4. This year's Steelers will be lucky to get to 9-7. And didn't we play them early on this year? Oh yeah, we did. If I remember right, we were trailing well into the 4th.

spdirty
12-19-2012, 03:53 PM
We were never in any danger of competing for a Super Bowl championship last year. This year we should be favorites. This isn't like choosing between '97 and '98, its like night and day. Shoot even though last year was unforgettable, I would take '05 over last year. At least then we thought we had a shot at the whole thing.

I want Super Bowls. That's what it's all about for me.

Smiling Assassin27
12-19-2012, 03:57 PM
This year is SO much better. YOu can only say 'yeah, but he just wins games.' so many times before you wanna kick your own ass.

Requiem
12-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Perton Marrning.

Bmore Manning
12-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Please. Last year's Steelers were 12-4. This year's Steelers will be lucky to get to 9-7. And didn't we play them early on this year? Oh yeah, we did. If I remember right, we were trailing well into the 4th.

Yeah didn't we play them early on this year when they were the healthiest they have been all season.

maven
12-19-2012, 04:22 PM
We were never in any danger of competing for a Super Bowl championship last year. This year we should be favorites. This isn't like choosing between '97 and '98, its like night and day. Shoot even though last year was unforgettable, I would take '05 over last year. At least then we thought we had a shot at the whole thing.

I want Super Bowls. That's what it's all about for me.

Same. The whole point is to win the ****ing thing. Not a wild card round, then get blown the **** out.

pricejj
12-19-2012, 04:23 PM
This year 100x. Last year was fun but the end result was always known. Denver is a SB threat this year and last year only happens once in every thousand years where all the luck lines up for one QB less flawed team.

Good analogy...last year was like the 1000-year flood.

orangeatheist
12-19-2012, 04:28 PM

Please answer the OP's question. Which brings you more enjoyment? Last year's Tebowmania, or this year's PeytonDomination? Don't bury your commitment under a bunch of fluff or analysis. Just answer the question paying careful attention to the word "enjoyment." Thank you.

DENVERDUI55
12-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Please answer the OP's question. Which brings you more enjoyment? Last year's Tebowmania, or this year's PeytonDomination? Don't bury your commitment under a bunch of fluff or analysis. Just answer the question paying careful attention to the word "enjoyment." Thank you.

He is rooting against the Denver Mannings this year.

DENVERDUI55
12-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Oh yeah, we did. If I remember right, we were trailing well into the 4th.

Way to make stuff up. They went ahead with 49 seconds gone in the 4th. Denver scored next drive and the game was never in doubt again.

BroncoBeavis
12-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah didn't we play them early on this year when they were the healthiest they have been all season.

We had this discussion already. If they were 'healthier' in terms of who was on the field it was very marginally so.

But it mostly ended in a bunch of contortions like when Ryan Clark being missing in January was shouted from the rooftops as being a huge unfair advantage. But then when he was absent again this September, it suddenly wasn't such a big deal. Polamalu being hobbled and Harrison out for the opener this year was also pooh-poohed.

BroncoBeavis
12-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Way to make stuff up. They went ahead with 49 seconds gone in the 4th. Denver scored next drive and the game was never in doubt again.

Yes, they led us up until 9:23 left in the 4th, when we took the lead for good. Which part of this lines up in spirit with the "We wouldda beat them by 32 with this year's team!" comment?

Editor's Note. We haven't beaten anyone by 32 points this year. Was he saying that every team we've played this year is better than the 12-4 2011 Pittsburgh Steelers?

Bmore Manning
12-19-2012, 04:53 PM
We had this discussion already. If they were 'healthier' in terms of who was on the field it was very marginally so.

But it mostly ended in a bunch of contortions like when Ryan Clark being missing in January was shouted from the rooftops as being a huge unfair advantage. But then when he was absent again this September, it suddenly wasn't such a big deal. Polamalu being hobbled and Harrison out for the opener this year was also pooh-poohed.

Troy P started the season healthy, he ironically hurt himself arm baring DT. Harrison has been a shell of his former self all year.

Anyway, look its well known/documented you are a Tebow fan. I respect you like a player, PM happens to be my favorite player. But why you hang around and turn everything about this season into a negative because your boy got the boot is silly. There's nothing Tebow does better as a QB, nothing about last season replicated a better team, season, or QB. Just stop searching, enjoy the ride or get off, cause this baby ain't stopping until New Orleans.

By the way, I think you'll be searching for a new board next year, that is if any team really wants to bring the circus to town.

Br0nc0Buster
12-19-2012, 05:21 PM
good qb play is more enjoyable to watch than ****ty qb play

orangeatheist
12-19-2012, 05:25 PM
He is rooting against the Denver Mannings this year.

Not sure if you're right, but I notice he's either deliberately avoiding answering the OP's question or just doesn't feel confident enough in his opinion to voice it. I rather doubt the latter since confidence over voicing his opinion doesn't seem to be part of his persona. So that would mean he is deliberately avoiding answering the question...but, gee, I wonder why?:ouwknow::poke::kiddingme

EDIT TO ADD: Oh! And I just noticed how hypocritical I'm being; I haven't answered the question myself! I don't think it's too much of a mystery. I'd rather have :lombardi: than :pray:

Jekyll15Hyde
12-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Toss up right now.

wow, just wow

rugbythug
12-19-2012, 05:51 PM
This year has been more enjoyable. Last year was way more exciting! Plus I only had to re watch a quarter of each game.

Jekyll15Hyde
12-19-2012, 05:51 PM
repost but fits this thread
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JpLOJkyjXps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SonOfLe-loLang
12-19-2012, 05:57 PM
You can't deny last year was really exciting. We were all curious to see whats next, but as someone mentioned before, we all knew it would end. This year, we all know it might end in a championship. Thats more exciting to me.

errand
12-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Yeah I'm going here, because I think it's an interesting question.

Personally, Tebowmania was just great, every game was edge of your seat, and some of those endings were just out of this world. The playoff win against the Steelers was one of my favorite moments as a Broncos fan.

But that same fan in me can't help but love every minute of this season. If it was up to me we would win every game by 50 and never have a game in doubt, so I definitely prefer this season.

But really, we are luck to have such awesome seasons back to back after was was a huge lull since the Cutler days.

I can understand those that may find this season kind of, well maybe boring, especially this winning streak. Or maybe not...

Well what do you think?

I kind of liken them to the 1983-84 seasons as far as the regular seasons went.....coming off poor season in '82 (2-7 in strike shortened year), above average 9-7 record making playoffs in next season ('83), then winning 13 games the following season ('84)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-19-2012, 06:17 PM

What's it like living an existence of pure misery?

gunns
12-19-2012, 06:27 PM
This year is SO much better. YOu can only say 'yeah, but he just wins games.' so many times before you wanna kick your own ass.

This^

JakeZ01
12-19-2012, 06:44 PM
This year is better because manning runs the offense instead of McCoy.

KipCorrington25
12-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Probably the supidest question in the history of this board and that's saying a lot.

Hey everyone, what did you like better, getting laid by the prom queen or raped in prison?

Lestat
12-19-2012, 06:51 PM
this year and it's not even close. 9 game win streak, potential for top 2 seed and a legit shot to play for a SB for the first time since 2005.

we don't have to hope we'll be consistent enough each week to win.
we expect them to be consistent and to win.

Lestat
12-19-2012, 06:52 PM
this year and it's not even close. 9 game win streak, potential for top 2 seed and a legit shot to play for a SB for the first time since 2005.

we don't have to hope we'll be consistent enough each week to win.
we expect them to be consistent and to win.

NUB
12-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Peyton of course.

I really had my doubts but he swept them all away and then some. Manning is actually playing some of his best football in years. I honestly think he's playing better than the year he won the Superbowl. The rest of the team is just stronger. Miller, Thomas, Decker, Woodyard etc. all have more experience and it shows. Denver is a very, very strong team right now. I like Tebow a lot, even as a QB, but Denver's roster last year was a mess of youth, mismanagement, and controversy.

Mile High Salute
12-19-2012, 07:08 PM
No offense, but this is a silly question. As fun as Tebowmania was, no one ever thought we were a serious contender. The Broncos got extremely lucky winning a lot of last-second games, backed into the playoffs, beat a banged-up Steelers team in overtime, and...then got crushed when they faced a real contender in New England. We were just happy to see the end of the McDoucher era and that the Broncos were on the way back up.

This Broncos team is legit, and actually has a real chance of winning a title. Manning is a killer, and what he's done this season has been nothing short of remarkable. Getting to watch Manning at Mile High is an experience I will never forget, and I'm going to enjoy the ride as long as it lasts. Every now and then I still have to pinch myself to believe that he's our quarterback. !Booya!

chanesaw
12-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Last year was more fun, but this year is more enjoyable.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-19-2012, 07:32 PM
It was not fun watching an offense throw 8 times in a game. Wasn't fun having to watch Phillip Rivers get us into the playoffs. We went into playoffs last year going 0-3 with our pants down ass up in the air. That ain't fun.

BroncoBeavis
12-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Troy P started the season healthy, he ironically hurt himself arm baring DT. Harrison has been a shell of his former self all year.

No, he was hurt going into the season opener. He said so. He aggravated it further during the game and didn't play the next week because of it.

Anyway, look its well known/documented you are a Tebow fan. I respect you like a player, PM happens to be my favorite player. But why you hang around and turn everything about this season into a negative because your boy got the boot is silly.

Not sure where you get your information. Been a fan of the Broncos since I was 10 years old. Only time I get negative is when people feel the need to piss on last year's team to feel better about this year's. Beating the Steelers last year in the wild card round was a big step out of the darkness for this franchise. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Back when you were still a Colts fan.

By the way, I think you'll be searching for a new board next year, that is if any team really wants to bring the circus to town.

Thanks for the advice Mr Bandwagon. I'll take it for what it's worth. Whatever that is.

Heyneck
12-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Last season was Magical, will always feel greatful for the time we had Tebow, but this year is just pure kicking ass and taking names!!! GO BRONCOS!!!

BroncoBeavis
12-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Not sure if you're right, but I notice he's either deliberately avoiding answering the OP's question or just doesn't feel confident enough in his opinion to voice it. I rather doubt the latter since confidence over voicing his opinion doesn't seem to be part of his persona. So that would mean he is deliberately avoiding answering the question...but, gee, I wonder why?:ouwknow::poke::kiddingme

EDIT TO ADD: Oh! And I just noticed how hypocritical I'm being; I haven't answered the question myself! I don't think it's too much of a mystery. I'd rather have :lombardi: than :pray:

Last year there was more contrast. A truly broken season redeemed by maybe the most improbable series of miracles I ever remember seeing in sports.

This year, playoffs were pretty much expectations' floor. Climbing into a top-2 would be a step above what I expected, but it's still too soon to pick a favorite. It'll all depend on how it ends. If it ends in another NE shelling, it'd be hard to see it as the step up last year was. I'm no longer so afraid it'll go down like that though, especially if the 2 seed holds up. :)

Jekyll15Hyde
12-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Last year there was more contrast. A truly broken season redeemed by maybe the most improbable series of miracles I ever remember seeing in sports.

This year, playoffs were pretty much expectations' floor. Climbing into a top-2 would be a step above what I expected, but it's still too soon to pick a favorite. It'll all depend on how it ends. If it ends in another NE shelling, it'd be hard to see it as the step up last year was. I'm no longer so afraid it'll go down like that though, especially if the 2 seed holds up. :)

I thought it was cause Teebs was a good QB? I thought his winning percentage was a validation of his talent to play the position?

broncofever
12-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Last season was Magical, will always feel grateful for the time we had Tebow, but this year is just pure kicking ass and taking names!!! GO BRONCOS!!!

^This

troyjbath
12-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Britton Colquitt's parents loved seeing him on TV so much last season. As for me, I prefer watching the offense get first downs and win games dominantly. The next 3-4 years is going to be fun to watch.

DENVERDUI55
12-19-2012, 11:57 PM

There are 300 anti Manning posts in here. Read away and you may get your answer.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=103916

Archer81
12-20-2012, 12:12 AM
Two different teams. Denver was 1-5 at one point in 2011. So to make the playoffs, even at 8-8 was a trip. Unique season that was fun in some respects.

But it has been 14 years since I go into a sunday knowing Denver will win, not hoping for it.

There's your answer.

:Broncos:

Drek
12-20-2012, 03:01 AM
After the ****ty start this team had last year the 7-3 run at the end with Tebow, plus beating the Steelers in a huge playoff game was pretty much one of the most awesome things ever. It's like getting a massive bonus check you never expected.

This season we're a superior team week to week, but there's a lot of expectations tied to it. When last year's team scuffled down the stretch it was still exciting because we were legitimately in the playoff mix. If this year's team doesn't ice a near meaningless game against Cleveland on Sunday I'll be pissed off all day. So it's a little harder to enjoy week to week games when you don't just want to see the team win, but to dominate so we're firing on all cylinders heading into the playoffs.

Its impossible to judge with 2012 still being incomplete. If this team doesn't make some noise and win at least one playoff game it's going to be a massive disappointment, to me at least. This team is way too good for them to take an early exit and doing so will sour a great deal of the regular season for me.

In summary - ask again after February 3rd.

UberBroncoMan
12-20-2012, 03:19 AM
AFC Championship game or bust.

Would prefer Super Bowl of course, but anything less than making it to the AFCC can suck a big ol' D.

Bronco X
12-20-2012, 05:07 AM
They don't have a better shot if they go one and out, technically...

What I'm saying is that the heart favors the present. Last year all the threads were "Most exciting season in Bronco history!!!!!!!!!!111"

I disagree. But to make my point, I'd rather compare the 2011 team to the 1996 team. The 2011 team technically had more playoff success. Which team, though, had a better chance to win a title? I'd take the 1996 team over the 2011 team, every time. Not that it wasn't fun last year and that playoff win wasn't great, but the team wasn't going anywhere without the big changes. The changes were made and now the team has a chance to go where that 1996 core eventually went.

BroncoBeavis
12-20-2012, 06:25 AM
I disagree. But to make my point, I'd rather compare the 2011 team to the 1996 team. The 2011 team technically had more playoff success. Which team, though, had a better chance to win a title? I'd take the 1996 team over the 2011 team, every time. Not that it wasn't fun last year and that playoff win wasn't great, but the team wasn't going anywhere without the big changes. The changes were made and now the team has a chance to go where that 1996 core eventually went.

I was pretty crushed after that Jacksonville game. At that moment it seemed like we were never going to see the promised land. Had 97 never happened nobody would look at 96 with any kind of fondness.

Punisher
12-20-2012, 06:26 AM
It's not even a comparison. It's like asking, "What would you rather do - go see the freak show at the county fair, or go see the London Symphony Orchestra?"

This season, I've realized how much I've missed good football. Last year was generally painful to watch for two hours and forty-five minutes every Sunday.

Explained very well. End Thread

Old Dude
12-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Five things I didn't enjoy so much about the "Tebowmania" season:

10-45 vs Detroit
23-41 vs New England
14-40 vs. Buffalo
3-7 vs. Kyle Orton
10-45 vs. New England

Combined: 60-178

Bronco X
12-20-2012, 07:21 AM
I was pretty crushed after that Jacksonville game. At that moment it seemed like we were never going to see the promised land. Had 97 never happened nobody would look at 96 with any kind of fondness.

That's why I used that example. We have perspective on past teams that we don't with current teams. Should the Broncos have a similarly disappointing result this year, there will be a group of fans (of the team or a certain player) who will likely argue that this season was a failure and last season's team was better because they won a playoff game. You see it in this thread, people preemptively arguing that it's too early to say which team is preferable. My point is the 2012 team is obviously, hands down, better and more capable of winning a title than the 2011 team, therefore I can say now I prefer that without much qualification.

ElwayMD
12-20-2012, 08:10 AM
Does this question even have to be asked? Watching our team play the best it has since our Super Bowl years vs. the most painful 57 minutes of football with 3 minutes of glory is no competition.

BroncoBeavis
12-20-2012, 08:24 AM
That's why I used that example. We have perspective on past teams that we don't with current teams. Should the Broncos have a similarly disappointing result this year, there will be a group of fans (of the team or a certain player) who will likely argue that this season was a failure and last season's team was better because they won a playoff game.

Except the question isn't about which 'team' is better but which season. Everyone has their own criteria I guess, but if the fans walk out of Mile High this year holding a one-n-done home disappointment, there's no way they'll think it compares to the absolute pandemonium many witnessed after last year's shocker in OT. Most exciting game I've ever been to. And I was at the home playoff win in Jan '06 (which was my all time favorite prior)

Long story short, it's too early to compare the two seasons.

orangeatheist
12-20-2012, 08:50 AM
This year, playoffs were pretty much expectations' floor.

That is an absolutely remarkable statement. Having the playoffs being your MINIMUM expectation should tell you something about this year vs last. Let me ask you: Was your minimum expectations last year the playoffs?

Now I know you're going to come back and say that because the Broncos reached the playoffs last year with Tebow that anything less than that this year would be falling short but here's another way of looking at it: If Tebow had stayed on the roster and PFM went to the Titans or SF, would your expectations have remained the same? Would you have expected the Broncos to return to the playoffs and would you be taking the same "wait and see" attitude and would "climbing into a top-2" be a "step above" those expectations?

I also found this comment rather interesting/disturbing:

Only time I get negative is when people feel the need to piss on last year's team to feel better about this year's.

Do you really think people here are needing some reason other than the exceptional year the Broncos are having this year other than the fact that the Broncos are having an exceptional year this year to feel good about it? Did people need to harp on the Jacksonville loss to feel good about heading to the SuperBowl the following year? Do you really think anyone needs an excuse to feel good about this year's team? Might explain a lot about how you view the world if that's true.

BroncoBeavis
12-20-2012, 09:17 AM
That is an absolutely remarkable statement. Having the playoffs being your MINIMUM expectation should tell you something about this year vs last. Let me ask you: Was your minimum expectations last year the playoffs?

NSIS. Do you realize what division we play in? Quite possible there may not be another team in the division with more than 6 wins. Anything less than playoffs would be a definite disappointment. With either quarterback.

Do you really think people here are needing some reason other than the exceptional year the Broncos are having this year other than the fact that the Broncos are having an exceptional year this year to feel good about it? Did people need to harp on the Jacksonville loss to feel good about heading to the SuperBowl the following year? Do you really think anyone needs an excuse to feel good about this year's team? Might explain a lot about how you view the world if that's true.

I think you're just reinforcing my point. Unless you're blind, you've probably read other people harping (to this day) on last year's playoff team, whether win or lose. When they won, it was how they won, or who they beat. If we beat a solid team (like the playoff game), they were of course the most injured playoff team ever to grace a field in January, and this year's team wouldda beat them by a gazillion points because they sucked worse than every team we've played this year (playing in the worst division in the league)

As I've said before, I've never heard fans make so many excuses for a team their team beat in the playoffs. Or spend so much time dismantling a season that was far beyond what anyone could've imagined in early October. And they continue to do beat that drum today. While pretending they're the only 'real' fans.

ColoradoDarin
12-20-2012, 09:37 AM

Now I know you're going to come back and say that because the Broncos reached the playoffs last year with Tebow that anything less than that this year would be falling short but here's another way of looking at it: If Tebow had stayed on the roster and PFM went to the Titans or SF, would your expectations have remained the same? Would you have expected the Broncos to return to the playoffs and would you be taking the same "wait and see" attitude and would "climbing into a top-2" be a "step above" those expectations?

I also found this comment rather interesting/disturbing:

We had that whole "Revenge Tour" thing, you must have missed it.

orangeatheist
12-20-2012, 09:53 AM
We had that whole "Revenge Tour" thing, you must have missed it.

The Revenge Tour had nothing to do with pissing on the team from the previous year. It was payback against those other teams for those losses on the way to the SB.

ludo21
12-20-2012, 10:04 AM
I have been dying to see this question asked here. Pretty much the responses I expected.

This year is fun, but the joy of coming to work every monday last year after those miraculous comebacks was so sweet!

Irish Stout
12-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Last year's team was one of the most exciting teams I've ever seen. Also one of the most frustrating teams I've ever seen. It all came down to Tebow.

This year's team is one of the most enjoyable teams to watch. I am yelling a lot less, but feeling more satisfied more often.

Unfortunately there will never be anything that remotely resembles the 1997 season. Best season ever.

shalowlow
12-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Probably the supidest question in the history of this board and that's saying a lot.

Hey everyone, what did you like better, getting laid by the prom queen or raped in prison?

Obviously I don't think my question was stupid, but maybe it was premature. As some have already mentioned, how would we all view this season if we lose our first playoff game? Would we still think it better? We have high expectations now, but I remember having some hopefulness that we would beat the Patriots in the playoffs. I'm sure I wasn't the only one. Hopefully in a few weeks we'll be able to compare apples to apples. Both seasons may seemingly give us two cracks at NE, I hope that 4th times a charm it 2 years.

I agree that this season is better for me, but looking at a season in retrospect versus looking at a season not yet over and with extreme hopefulness may not be fair to last season.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-20-2012, 11:27 AM
After the ****ty start this team had last year the 7-3 run at the end with Tebow, plus beating the Steelers in a huge playoff game was pretty much one of the most awesome things ever. It's like getting a massive bonus check you never expected.

This season we're a superior team week to week, but there's a lot of expectations tied to it. When last year's team scuffled down the stretch it was still exciting because we were legitimately in the playoff mix. If this year's team doesn't ice a near meaningless game against Cleveland on Sunday I'll be pissed off all day. So it's a little harder to enjoy week to week games when you don't just want to see the team win, but to dominate so we're firing on all cylinders heading into the playoffs.

Its impossible to judge with 2012 still being incomplete. If this team doesn't make some noise and win at least one playoff game it's going to be a massive disappointment, to me at least. This team is way too good for them to take an early exit and doing so will sour a great deal of the regular season for me.

In summary - ask again after February 3rd.

7-3? I see you included the Miami win, yet skipped the lions loss? Try 7-4. Or 6-3 if your counting from the start of the win streak till the end.

People always try to spin facts to cover up his suckness

Bronco X
12-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Except the question isn't about which 'team' is better but which season. Everyone has their own criteria I guess, but if the fans walk out of Mile High this year holding a one-n-done home disappointment, there's no way they'll think it compares to the absolute pandemonium many witnessed after last year's shocker in OT. Most exciting game I've ever been to. And I was at the home playoff win in Jan '06 (which was my all time favorite prior)

Long story short, it's too early to compare the two seasons.

I'm really not trying to take anything away from last year's playoff win, unless someone wants to argue that it was something more than an exhilarating fluke and flash in the pan. Saying that takes nothing away from how exciting it was.

It's not too early at all to compare the two seasons. Any observer should see this team is better in every way, except for generating exhilarating flukes. That doesn't amount to much by my criteria.

shalowlow
01-13-2013, 01:21 AM
Well, I guess now is a good time as any to revisit this...

Agamemnon
01-13-2013, 01:33 AM
The answer is pretty obvious now...

DBroncos4life
01-13-2013, 01:39 AM
Manning has 3 or 4 good years left in him. Teblow is pretty much out of the NFL.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-13-2013, 06:09 AM
It comes down to enjoying playoff wins...which I totes do.

OABB
01-13-2013, 06:11 AM
It comes down to enjoying playoff wins...which I totes do.

I like winning. But tebow looks weird when he throws. I prefer lookin pretty to winning. I mean, are playoff games that important?

go_broncos
01-13-2013, 06:12 AM
Last year was great..This year sucks..Wish we never reached playoffs..Horrible loss..
Next year..i won't have much expectations due to Manning and fox playcalling.

Ratboy
01-13-2013, 06:13 AM

Manning Domination by a long shot.

Toshiro Takashi
01-13-2013, 06:13 AM
Manning has 3 or 4 good years left in him.

LOL...1 more year and he's done. Book it.

Ratboy
01-13-2013, 06:14 AM
LOL...1 more year and he's done. Book it.

Baka.

Ratboy
01-13-2013, 06:16 AM
Wish we never reached playoffs

Get out of here, loser.

BroncoBeavis
01-13-2013, 07:48 AM
Well, I guess now is a good time as any to revisit this...

I'd rather not.

****!

Bronco X
01-13-2013, 08:10 AM

No it isn't. Nothing is obvious to a fan base that is collectively acting like a sad sack loser crying in their beer.

There are a few posters here who still have a sense of perspective, and props to them. The team still has a 2-3 year window, just like they had after 96. I'll take that every time.

Those who would choose Tebow, you can have your longer football fields and teams called the Alouettes.

OABB
01-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Why chooses between manning and Tebow? Clearly 90 million for a loss is a better choice than winning for cheap and using 90 million on the rest of the team.... It's science

Heyneck
01-13-2013, 08:40 AM
Say what you want... it's all about the hardware and playoff glory. While the season was awesome... I got nothing close to feeling this this season. Sorry.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-plyNrrFi1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And it's not about a Tebow thing... it's about a playoff win thing. We can have the best regular season QB, but if he keeps choking most off the times he get to the playoffs then it's all for nothing.

peacepipe
01-13-2013, 08:51 AM
Why chooses between manning and Tebow? Clearly 90 million for a loss is a better choice than winning for cheap and using 90 million on the rest of the team.... It's science

20 million actually,but 1 billion would still be better than having a FB play QB with no chance at all of winning a SB.

Heyneck
01-13-2013, 08:55 AM
20 million actually,but 1 billion would still be better than having a FB play QB with no chance at all of winning a SB.

He can be a FB/TE/PP and water boy playing QB. But to win a SB you have to win playoff games first. First time he got there he got the win...

peacepipe
01-13-2013, 08:59 AM
No it isn't. Nothing is obvious to a fan base that is collectively acting like a sad sack loser crying in their beer.

There are a few posters here who still have a sense of perspective, and props to them. The team still has a 2-3 year window, just like they had after 96. I'll take that every time.

Those who would choose Tebow, you can have your longer football fields and teams called the Alouettes.

You'd never win a SB with tebow, so there is no window with tebow.hence why he is gone.

CEH
01-13-2013, 09:13 AM
Say what you want... it's all about the hardware and playoff glory. While the season was awesome... I got nothing close to feeling this this season. Sorry.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-plyNrrFi1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And it's not about a Tebow thing... it's about a playoff win thing. We can have the best regular season QB, but if he keeps choking most off the times he get to the playoffs then it's all for nothing.

What do you think Elway told Manning when he was wooing him in March. We got the defense to put the game away. Your job is to get us the lead at home in the playoffs with a minute to go and out defense with it's pass rush will close the deal

This has been Elway's plan since training camp. I'd hardly say Peyton was reason #1-4 why the team lost this game

Every game in the playoffs is not going to be a blowout . Not like the 45-7 beatdown last year in Foxboro

Last year was an Justin Beber concert. This year should have been classic Stones except for one idotic player who decided to put himself over team and not do his job

Heyneck
01-13-2013, 09:32 AM
What do you think Elway told Manning when he was wooing him in March. We got the defense to put the game away. Your job is to get us the lead at home in the playoffs with a minute to go and out defense with it's pass rush will close the deal

This has been Elway's plan since training camp. I'd hardly say Peyton was reason #1-4 why the team lost this game

Every game in the playoffs is not going to be a blowout . Not like the 45-7 beatdown last year in Foxboro

Last year was an Justin Beber concert. This year should have been classic Stones except for one idotic player who decided to put himself over team and not do his job

Wait? You trying to blame this loss on Moore? Sure, he screwed up an let them tie us. But it should have never gotten to that point. How about you put on you big boy pants and look at the game objectively instead of trying to grasp for excuses. How about Champ getting toast for 2 long TDs, each one after having turned the momentum back to us? Or how about our pass rush being invisible? But at the end of the day... the sad part is that PM accounted for 3 TO including his awful across the body INT throw.

Like he said in the Carolina game on a very similar throw to stokley "Thats the one thing you never do in a game, but after 15 years some times you just say: fak that!" Or something like that. Well PM... Fak you!!!

OABB
01-13-2013, 09:49 AM
You'd never win a SB with tebow, so there is no window with tebow.hence why he is gone.

You also said he wouldn't win a game last year. You called him a bust on draft day.

Your opinion is butthurtblind.

You can win a Super Bowl with anyone. It's a team game. You think Tebow with the 2000 ravens wouldn't have made it as far as differ?

Jesus dude, I love manning. But 20 million times 4 for 3 years of play?

This isn't madden. Imagine two dominant dts with del rio, and a dominant center and guard with Tebow in the spread.

That's how you spend 90 million.

peacepipe
01-13-2013, 10:25 AM
You also said he wouldn't win a game last year. You called him a bust on draft day.

Your opinion is butthurtblind.

You can win a Super Bowl with anyone. It's a team game. You think Tebow with the 2000 ravens wouldn't have made it as far as differ?

Jesus dude, I love manning. But 20 million times 4 for 3 years of play?

This isn't madden. Imagine two dominant dts with del rio, and a dominant center and guard with Tebow in the spread.

That's how you spend 90 million.
I never said we could never win a game with teblow,hell Ryan leaf won a couple games. Teblow is on his way out of the league so yes Teblow is a bust. Defenses like the 2000 ravens happen once in a generation. Were we suppose to waste the next ten years hoping to hit the proverbial lottery on defense. I can imagine teblow in the spread it wasn't sustainable as proven by his 1-4 finish.

OABB
01-13-2013, 10:29 AM
I never said we could never win a game with teblow,hell Ryan leaf won a couple games. Teblow is on his way out of the league so yes Teblow is a bust. Defenses like the 2000 ravens happen once in a generation. Were we suppose to waste the next ten years hoping to hit the proverbial lottery on defense. I can imagine teblow in the spread it wasn't sustainable as proven by his 1-4 finish.

90 million goes a long way... Our defense is already very good. If manning could have won in overtime we would be one win away. Now I know it is a lot to ask for a qb to win an overtime playoff game against a high ranking defense.

I mean you would need a qb that doesn't crack under pressure, that steps up when you need him most.

That is rare, and never ever happened here. Ever never ever nev.

peacepipe
01-13-2013, 10:30 AM
He can be a FB/TE/PP and water boy playing QB. But to win a SB you have to win playoff games first. First time he got there he got the win...

A broken clock is going to be right twice a day. Considering the defense the Steelers employed that game you would think Ryan leaf would've won as well. Tommy Maddox won a playoff game as well,does that make him a QB that can win a SB? No.

peacepipe
01-13-2013, 10:32 AM
90 million goes a long way... Our defense is already very good. If manning could have won in overtime we would be one win away. Now I know it is a lot to ask for a qb to win an overtime playoff game against a high ranking defense.

I mean you would need a qb that doesn't crack under pressure, that steps up when you need him most.

That is rare, and never ever happened here. Ever never ever nev.

Yeah,john Elway had that rep for most of his career.

OABB
01-13-2013, 10:33 AM
A broken clock is going to be right twice a day. Considering the defense the Steelers employed that game you would think Ryan leaf would've won as well. Tommy Maddox won a playoff game as well,does that make him a QB that can win a SB? No.

A qb that wins in the playoffs IS a qb that can win a Super Bowl actually. Unless you know something I dont?

Can a team advance with a qb that doesn't win in the playoffs now?

OABB
01-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Yeah,john Elway had that rep for most of his career.

Until he got a good team around him. You think elway would have lost yesterday with a top ranked d and o?

peacepipe
01-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Until he got a good team around him. You think elway would have lost yesterday with a top ranked d and o?

Yes.

peacepipe
01-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Elway also proved he could get to a SB without a great team around.

peacepipe
01-13-2013, 10:39 AM
A qb that wins in the playoffs IS a qb that can win a Super Bowl actually. Unless you know something I dont?

Can a team advance with a qb that doesn't win in the playoffs now?
That is true,last I checked P. Manning has been to two SBs winning one of them so we can advance with manning.

OABB
01-13-2013, 10:40 AM
That is true,last I checked P. Manning has been to two SBs winning one of them so we can advance with manning.

No **** Sherlock.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-13-2013, 10:42 AM

How would Elway prevented Rahim Moore from making the most pathetic of basic judgmental errors? How does he make the ref call PI for decker? Or make fox and McCoy not **** the bed on the last 4th quarter possesion? Manning gave them the ****ing lead with a HUGE drive to make it 35-28. With hardly no time left. This ain't on manning its on the coaching staff for not even TRYING to get a 1st down.

OABB
01-13-2013, 10:54 AM
How would Elway prevented Rahim Moore from making the most pathetic of basic judgmental errors? How does he make the ref call PI for decker? Or make fox and McCoy not **** the bed on the last 4th quarter possesion? Manning gave them the ****ing lead with a HUGE drive to make it 35-28. With hardly no time left. This ain't on manning its on the coaching staff for not even TRYING to get a 1st down.

Would he have had multiple turnovers and blew it in overtime?

peacepipe
01-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Would he have had multiple turnovers and blew it in overtime?

Elway did throw quite a few INTs during his career.

OABB
01-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Elway did throw quite a few INTs during his career.

Not my point. We are talking clutch in the playoffs, with a good team...

peacepipe
01-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Our defense blew it not Manning.

Toshiro Takashi
01-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Is Brittle Bob Sanders still alive? The Broncos should sign him. Because that's the only way Peyton is winning another Superbowl.

OABB
01-13-2013, 12:57 PM

The same defense that bailed out tebow all of those times last year according to you? Once you eat your cake its gone you know?

go_broncos
01-13-2013, 01:00 PM
I always regard manning as good regular season QB.
It's a different story when the playoffs starts.
If we have played the same way in playoffs..he would have won more playoff games and may be more than one SB.

TheReverend
01-13-2013, 01:05 PM

I think he contributed, as did the OL, coaching, and the refs.

This colossal choke job was a team effort, really.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-13-2013, 01:43 PM
I always regard manning as good regular season QB.
It's a different story when the playoffs starts.
If we have played the same way in playoffs..he would have won more playoff games and may be more than one SB.

None of these stupid threads would exist if Rahim Moore knew how to run to a ball. No one would be questioning manning. Look at the several other reasons why they lost this game.

Jekyll15Hyde
01-13-2013, 03:06 PM
If you are posting today about how things would be better with Teebs, your opinion about the Broncos and the NFL is no longer credible. GTFO

broncswin
01-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Not my point. We are talking clutch in the playoffs, with a good team...

Jacksonville 1996....don't ever make me bring it up again!!

OABB
01-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Jacksonville 1996....don't ever make me bring it up again!!

Lol. I don't put that one on elway. I thought we were over rated that year.