PDA

View Full Version : Westboro Baptist church to Protest Newton kids funerals

GreasyQtip
12-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Perhaps something we can all agree on...

This is nuts. Perhaps you heard about this Sh*tstorm brewing on twitter.

Anonymous released the names, phone numbers, addresses and SSN of the members of the WBC on twitter prompting immediate mobbing of these people. (http://pastebin.com/pCTSgLTJ)

Anonymous also live tweeting where they are in Newton mentioning where they were for dinner and what hotel they are at.

Meanwhile 125,000 people signed a petition to have WBC non profit status revoked and have them classified as a hate group. It seems up to the president what to do next with this.

Twitter then took down anonymous twitter account for sharing personal info, we all know how much Anon loves censorship, and I fully expect that Anon could easily take down twitter. They also currently have the WBC website down for what they say is not censorship but actually freedom of speech.

Perhaps we can all agree this is nuts, they say God did this on purpose because of all the gays and other religions etc that we put up with in America. If someone suddenly masskills all of these people at this thing, will they think it was because of the same thing?

Rohirrim
12-19-2012, 01:13 PM
I say it's time to get creative. Drive by and blast them with a gun that shoots that sticky glue, and then a truck follows behind throwing feathers. It's winter in NY. Everybody show up with giant blaster squirt guns and hose them down. Stink bombs? How about some of that hunter's scent? Wolverine is particularly offensive. Bear piss isn't so hot either. A couple of good squirts will send them back to whatever anus they crawled out of.

Requiem
12-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Anonymous rules.

Pick Six
12-19-2012, 01:39 PM
I say it's time to get creative. Drive by and blast them with a gun that shoots that sticky glue, and then a truck follows behind throwing feathers. It's winter in NY. Everybody show up with giant blaster squirt guns and hose them down. Stink bombs? How about some of that hunter's scent? Wolverine is particularly offensive. Bear piss isn't so hot either. A couple of good squirts will send them back to whatever anus they crawled out of.

They have someone filming every protest. They are all a bunch of lawyers. They know how far they can take their drivel...

Rohirrim
12-19-2012, 01:48 PM
They have someone filming every protest. They are all a bunch of lawyers. They know how far they can take their drivel...

Wear disquises. Ronald Reagan masks, for example.

cutthemdown
12-19-2012, 02:29 PM

Wouldn't be worth getting arrested over, but it would be fun.

cutthemdown
12-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Wear disquises. Ronald Reagan masks, for example.

Problem is where they go the police go. Even though the police probably not sympathetic to them having bear piss or glue squirted on them, they would still arrrest you. Go for it though Rho it would be fun to watch for both reasons.

cutthemdown
12-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Who cares what those freaks believe in. Ignore them and move on is the best weapon against them. The media should stop even covering them unless they do something newsworthy. IMO picketing the funerals no longer news worthy. By ignoring them, we frustrate them, and push them to try something bigger, maybe something illegal they can bust them for. If I was the President i would have the IRS crawl up each members ass looking for a crack.

ghwk
12-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Just a hunch that if they do show, something not good is going to happen.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Anonymous rules.

they have gone too damn far its time they go back to their so called church and stay the Fvck away before some violence happens to them.
why cant someone arrest them for inciting violence or disturbing the peace take away their tax exempt status.
perhaps if they got a taste of some violence those SOB will think twice before going all stupid and celebrating the death of mere children .
oh before you go thinking anonymous is some sort of guys in white hats just remember they are not lead by one person nor do they have a hierarchy ie a central command they probably will go after Westboro . they aint fond of them either. anonymous mostly do stuff for the lulz next week some other anonymous people might hack a data base with credit card info and go on a spending spree or sell that info to some other people on irc you never know about anonymous but they are not of one hive mind they are not a club or org each of them do stuff as individuals or groups

Requiem
12-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Popsicle Pete is in Anonymous.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Popsicle Pete is in Anonymous.

no not quite you can see his face can you not and also the man responsible for changing his dialog is none other than this guy ---->
Seanbaby is the nickname of Sean Reiley, a writer who works mainly in the medium of internet hilarity.
Just The Facts

Seanbaby comes from Idaho.
Seanbaby helped shape Internet humor as we know it.
Seanbaby is an avid user of the word "dong".

Cracked on Seanbaby

Seanbaby's website, seanbaby.com, has been online since 1997 and has swelled to massive proportions in that time, becoming the Internet's second largest repository of quality comedy; The first, of course, being Dr. Nutshot von Dickjoke's Orangutan Ballet and Chuckletorium.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/funny-3216-seanbaby/#ixzz2FXgWBbpV

he is quite funny check out his man comics
www.cracked.com/blog/author/seanbaby/
http://www.seanbaby.com

and no im not seanbaby im just some nimrod whos a bronco fan who likes to F with people at times and watch how they react and i must say you people do not disappoint i especially like that w*g fellow . somehow he thought i was racist so i posted some rucka rucka ali videos

Requiem
12-19-2012, 04:35 PM
I read about him after you talked about Popsicle Pete. His voice overs (especially Pete's) were funny!

You are a pretty good guy, Dan the Broncos Fan, but I wouldn't give you a handie!

houghtam
12-19-2012, 05:02 PM

Speech-jamming gun. 100% legal. 110% effective :)

http://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/speech-jamming-gun-640x353.jpg

Also, Anonymous rules.

DenverBrit
12-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Pulling their non profit, tax free status, would be a good place to start.

Labeling them a 'hate group' would be more accurate and might be the end of those pos.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-19-2012, 06:00 PM
I read about him after you talked about Popsicle Pete. His voice overs (especially Pete's) were funny!

You are a pretty good guy, Dan the Broncos Fan, but I wouldn't give you a handie!

umm yeah im gonna pretend i dont know what ya talkin about.Hilarious!

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-19-2012, 07:03 PM
so why is this hateful group of F tards enjoying tax exempt status .
all they do is stir people up and are in extreme bad taste.
ima very laid back guy but cmon soldiers and children disgusting.
wish someone kill one of them then we can protest them and say god hates them see how they like it

cutthemdown
12-19-2012, 09:25 PM

Labeling them a 'hate group' would be more accurate and might be the end of those pos.

We can't do that. If they meet the guidelines of a tax exempt organization we have to give it to them regardless of if we don't like what they have to say. Now if they can find something they do that legally says they are not tax exempt then fine go after them. But by protecting the worst speach out there we insure that freedom of speach will be safegaurded.

Fedaykin
12-19-2012, 09:41 PM

These ****stains are a great example of why it's foolish to give automatic tax exempt status to any organization claiming to be a church dedicated to public service.

cutthemdown
12-19-2012, 09:49 PM
These ****stains are a great example of why it's foolish to give automatic tax exempt status to any organization claiming to be a church dedicated to public service.

No it shows that we will protect religion buy even protecting the ones that are repulsive. As long as they follow the law etc. By protecting the worst speach we insure the protection of all speach. By protecting the churches that mostly repulse Americans we protect the fringe churches that deserve protecting even if they are a bit strange to many people. Then of course we protect mainstream churches from crazy athiests that would like to see all churches lose their tax exempt status.

Fedaykin
12-19-2012, 10:01 PM
No it shows that we will protect religion buy even protecting the ones that are repulsive. As long as they follow the law etc. By protecting the worst speach we insure the protection of all speach. By protecting the churches that mostly repulse Americans we protect the fringe churches that deserve protecting even if they are a bit strange to many people.

Has nothing to do with speech. It has to do with an organization using religion as a cover to facilitate increased profits from their litigation racket.

Then of course we protect mainstream churches from crazy athiests that would like to see all churches lose their tax exempt status.

Oh look, a strawman and an ad hominem. I see you're still working on most dishonest ****wit of the year award.

cutthemdown
12-19-2012, 10:05 PM
Has nothing to do with speech. It has to do with an organization using religion as a cover to facilitate increased profits from their litigation racket.

Oh look, a strawman and an ad hominem. I see you're still working on most dishonest ****wit of the year award.

like I said if they break the law then fine. If you can prove its a racket. Racket implies illegality. And I stand by saying we protect this church, to protect all churches. Many right here on the board have questioned why we give chruches tax exempt status.

cutthemdown
12-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Start a thread Fed and ask how many people think churches should pay taxes on the money they bring in.

Fedaykin
12-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Start a thread Fed and ask how many people think churches should pay taxes on the money they bring in.

Couldn't care less what a poll would show. Any money that any organization brings is that isn't used for charitable purposes should be taxed.

That you think that's some crazy extreme position is idiotic.

What charitable work does the WBC do?

Fedaykin
12-19-2012, 10:12 PM
like I said if they break the law then fine. If you can prove its a racket. Racket implies illegality. And I stand by saying we protect this church, to protect all churches. Many right here on the board have questioned why we give chruches tax exempt status.

Nothing can be proven, because unlike all other tax exempt organizations, they don't have to provide evidence of their compliance with the law and even the IRS cannot audit them.

We've been over this before idjit.

DenverBrit
12-19-2012, 10:15 PM
We can't do that. If they meet the guidelines of a tax exempt organization we have to give it to them regardless of if we don't like what they have to say. Now if they can find something they do that legally says they are not tax exempt then fine go after them. But by protecting the worst speach out there we insure that freedom of speach will be safegaurded.

At some point, common sense has to intervene.

The tax laws regarding religious organizations were never meant as a tax avoidance scheme, though it often is. That congregation is basically one large family of bigots who use their 'religious' status to cover up the obvious fact that they are a 'hate group.'
They are no more a christian church than the KKK is and don't warrant tax free or religious status.

Westboro will picket Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment.
— Shirley Phelps-Roper (@DearShirley) December 15, 2012

The church is widely described as a hate group[4] and is monitored as such by the Anti-Defamation League and Southern Poverty Law Center. It is headed by Fred Phelps and consists primarily of members of his large family;[5] in 2011, the church stated that it had about 40 members.[1] The church is headquartered in a residential neighborhood on the west side of Topeka about three miles west of the Kansas State Capitol. Its first public service was held on the afternoon of November 27, 1955.[6]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

cutthemdown
12-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Couldn't care less what a poll would show. Any money that any organization brings is that isn't used for charitable purposes should be taxed.

That you think that's some crazy extreme position is idiotic.

What charitable work does the WBC do?

So they can't pay expenses, pay the minister, pay to have church kept up, etc etc? Paying the minister is not charity. Would you want the church to pay tax on that money before they pay him?

Also are you saying a non profit has to be charity to be non profit? Are you saying all non profits that aren't church related should pay more tax?

Fedaykin
12-20-2012, 12:13 AM
So they can't pay expenses, pay the minister, pay to have church kept up, etc etc? Paying the minister is not charity. Would you want the church to pay tax on that money before they pay him?

Also are you saying a non profit has to be charity to be non profit? Are you saying all non profits that aren't church related should pay more tax?

I'm (sloppily) using the word charity interchangeably with non-profit.

We've gone over this a dozen times cutlet. My position is a church should not be given special privileges above and beyond other non-profits. They should be held to EXACTLY the same standard as any other organization seeking non-profit status. Open books being the biggie (but by no means the only thing).

Are you going to be honest enough to acknowledge that churches are given special privileges over other charities, or are you going to continue to be obtuse?

cutthemdown
12-20-2012, 01:28 AM
See you don't see churches as more special as compared to just some run of the mill chairty. You are forgetting religion gets special mention in the constitution. The reason they aren't combed through by the IRS is because we don't the govt using that to attack churches whose position they don't like. My point stands we have to protect all churches because people like you already want to attack by sending the IRS in to "prove" you deserve to be a church.

cutthemdown
12-20-2012, 01:33 AM
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1828.pdf

wow breezing through this i was shocked to find out the IRS of course does make churches account for things with forms. They even tax some church busineses. Looks like the IRS is all over this FED! you made it sound like churches never have to show where any of the money goes. Looks like the govt has a form for that dip****. Just like they do everything.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-20-2012, 01:42 AM
come to think of it westboro isnt making money now are they who would donate to those F tards except their own crazy members who do have to pay taxes i assume.
well if they become non tax exempt i wont shead a tear nor would i show any sympathy at all to them if some of their members meet with unfortunate accidents like some pissed off parent laying one or more of them out maybe busting a few jaws ,black eyes , broken nose, hey their face ran into the parents fist the parent should sue for a slightly bruised fist and blood stains on their clothes

Rohirrim
12-20-2012, 08:45 AM
John Locke (and many other political philosophers) drew a line between liberty and license, liberty being those rights which people ought to have and license being those freedoms people ought not to have. For example, you do not have the freedom to punch somebody in the face if you don't agree with them. The Bill of Rights is meant to be a structure that supports the freedom of the people to accomplish their own ends as they see fit, not to be some kind of free zone, licensing every act imaginable. As Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. stated, "The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic."

There's another component to this, responsibility and liberty. Basically it means that if you demand liberty, then you also agree to act like a responsible person. It's bizarre that we have to actually spell this out in the modern era, but it simply means you can't run around acting like a two year old and expect society to not treat you like a two year old.

For a long time, this sect has violated societal norms, violated the spirit of our freedom of speech responsibilities, and really, in effect, screamed "fire" in a crowded theater over and over again. Their speech has no other purpose than to incite. They should be forcibly removed, arrested, cited for disturbance and have their assets confiscated.

Obushma
12-20-2012, 09:58 AM
For a long time, this sect has violated societal norms, violated the spirit of our freedom of speech responsibilities, and really, in effect, screamed "fire" in a crowded theater over and over again. Their speech has no other purpose than to incite. They should be forcibly removed, arrested, cited for disturbance and have their assets confiscated.

Thats a page right out of The Communist Manifesto, Heir Marx.

As an agnostic Conservative, I hope members of this church realize they are not following the example left by Jesus, they are not following Christian doctrine.

As for your comment, sorry, the government is not in the business of picking winners and loosers. You like that form of authoritarian control, move to China.

razorwire77
12-20-2012, 10:04 AM
John Locke (and many other political philosophers) drew a line between liberty and license, liberty being those rights which people ought to have and license being those freedoms people ought not to have. For example, you do not have the freedom to punch somebody in the face if you don't agree with them. The Bill of Rights is meant to be a structure that supports the freedom of the people to accomplish their own ends as they see fit, not to be some kind of free zone, licensing every act imaginable. As Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. stated, "The most stringent protection of free speech would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic."

There's another component to this, responsibility and liberty. Basically it means that if you demand liberty, then you also agree to act like a responsible person. It's bizarre that we have to actually spell this out in the modern era, but it simply means you can't run around acting like a two year old and expect society to not treat you like a two year old.

Unfortunately, in a societal sense we are largely unable to have nuanced discussions and act accordingly based upon common sense, science and rational thought. The modern media echo chamber and political system has largely reduced everything to talking points in which each issue has a definitive position and a polar opposite. Every issue is either a horse race, or akin to two sports teams battling for a win. That's what happens when you have an educational system that teaches grill and kill mathematics taught to pass standardized tests and basic reading without context. We are largely unable to deal with abstracts and gray areas. Everything must be right or wrong, or black and white. Orwell was prophetic.

Rohirrim
12-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Thats a page right out of The Communist Manifesto, Heir Marx.

As an agnostic Conservative, I hope members of this church realize they are not following the example left by Jesus, they are not following Christian doctrine.

As for your comment, sorry, the government is not in the business of picking winners and loosers. You like that form of authoritarian control, move to China.

So, one vote for falsely screaming "FIRE" in a crowded theater. :thumbs:

Obushma
12-20-2012, 10:23 AM

So, one vote like authoritarian control, move to China :thumbsup:

razorwire77
12-20-2012, 10:34 AM

That's what the elementary school teachers with concealed carry permits and Sig 9 mm are for. You yell fire, you get shot. :thumbs:

Let's get some Marshall Law up in this mutha****a!

Arkie
12-20-2012, 11:44 AM

They are not real Baptists. They believe only a few are selected to be saved, and nobody else can be converted no matter how hard they pray or believe. They claim God hates almost everyone. They freely admit they are spreading God's hate.

Requiem
12-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Religion is a scary mind control tool.

Pick Six
12-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Religion is a scary mind control tool.

These nuts give religion a bad name...

Fedaykin
12-27-2012, 10:17 AM
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1828.pdf

wow breezing through this i was shocked to find out the IRS of course does make churches account for things with forms. They even tax some church busineses. Looks like the IRS is all over this FED! you made it sound like churches never have to show where any of the money goes. Looks like the govt has a form for that dip****. Just like they do everything.

If you'd bothered to actually inform yourself, you'd have learned that form 990 is what non-profits (other than churches) are required to fill out which details how their income is used.

Religious organizations (e.g. Catholic hospitals) are not exempt, but "chuches" are. See: Church of Scientology, WBC, Mormon Chuch, etc. Just not the parts of their organizations that they decide to admit are for profit.

"The following is a list of some of the organizations that are not required to file Form 990,
990-EZ or 990-N .
■ Churches (as opposed to “religious organizations,” defined earlier)
■ Inter-church organizations of local units of a church
■ Mission societies sponsored by or affiliated with one or more churches or church
denomination, if more than half of the activities are conducted in, or directed at, persons
in foreign countries
■ An exclusively religious activity of any religious order"

See page 22 OF YOUR OWN LINK.

Also from your own ****ing link, other special privileges given to churches:

* Automatic Exemption (p 3)
* Special tax free compensation to church employees, i.e. parsonage (p 19)

And as far as auditing, in 1984 the Church Audit Procedures Act which places restrictions on the auditing authority (specifically the IRS's ability to audit whether or not a church is in compliance with tax law) of the IRS that are greater than other non-profits. See section 7611.

In particular, it indicates that an audit can only be initiated if a "sufficiently high ranking Treasury officer" believes the church is breaking the law. The supposed purpose is to protect the church from "political based harassment".

Of course, no other non-profit (even political ones like the NRA or the ACLU) enjoy such special consideration.

The glaring oversight of the law, of course, is that it does not indicate who a "sufficiently high ranking Treasure officer" is, so the IRS has actually (recently) halted any audits:

"BNA Daily Report for Executives dated 10/22/2012 (subscription required) reports that the the Internal Revenue Service has temporarily suspended tax audits of churches pending final adoption of IRS rule changes to clarify which high level Treasury official has authority to make a determination under IRC Sec. 7611 that there are reasonable grounds to begin a church tax inquiry…"

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/irs-suspends-politicized-church-tax-audits-until-new-regulations-are-finalized/

(that site it quoting a Bloomburg piece)

footstepsfrom#27
01-10-2013, 08:16 PM
I don't get it...why do these kooks have a beef with the kids funerals?

nyuk nyuk
01-17-2013, 04:38 PM
They do this for attention and the media oblige.

As outrageous as this stuff is, if you read the Old Testament, this kind of stuff DID happen as a matter of God's judgment. Plagues, bear attacks, invasions, you name it.