PDA

View Full Version : Nit-Picking Tony Carter

pricejj
12-19-2012, 10:13 AM
1. Gave up 43-yard bomb allowing Ravens to drive the length of the field in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half. Chris Harris made a TD saving pick 6 a little later.

2. Allowed the Ravens to pick up a 3rd and 10 in the 3rd quarter, by playing too far back...another Broncos Defender had to make the tackle.

3. Guilty of PI on Anquan Boldin, putting the Ravens in FG range in the 3rd quarter.

4. Was the primary Defender on Pitta's 61 yard TD in the 4th Quarter, missing a crucial sideline tackle.

Brady and the Patriots are licking their chops thinking of all the matchups they can send your way. Don't think you won't be isolated, because you will. It's not a coincidence that Fox is saying Porter will get some snaps this week.

GET YOUR **** TOGETHER CARTER.

bronco militia
12-19-2012, 10:27 AM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/aaaaa.jpg?w=500&h=739

crush17
12-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Dude shut the eff up already.

Kaylore
12-19-2012, 10:33 AM
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/aaaaa.jpg?w=500&h=739

This...

...?

Fedaykin
12-19-2012, 10:35 AM
This...

...?

The guy from the goonies pasted onto a toddler.

Kaylore
12-19-2012, 10:36 AM
The guy from the goonies pasted onto a toddler.

I know what it is, damnit!

bronco militia
12-19-2012, 10:39 AM
baby sloth is like "WTF?" at this thread

DenverBound
12-19-2012, 10:45 AM
All good points Price. Carter had a down game. I hope champ gets in his ass.

BroncoMan4ever
12-19-2012, 10:47 AM
1. Gave up 43-yard bomb allowing Ravens to drive the length of the field in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half. Chris Harris made a TD saving pick 6 a little later.

2. Allowed the Ravens to pick up a 3rd and 10 in the 3rd quarter, by playing too far back...another Broncos Defender had to make the tackle.

3. Guilty of PI on Anquan Boldin, putting the Ravens in FG range in the 3rd quarter.

4. Was the primary Defender on Pitta's 61 yard TD in the 4th Quarter, missing a crucial sideline tackle.

Brady and the Patriots are licking their chops thinking of all the matchups they can send your way. Don't think you won't be isolated, because you will. It's not a coincidence that Fox is saying Porter will get some snaps this week.

Wasn't Carter the primary guy covering Boldin who was held without a catch? Sure he had a couple mistakea but he played an ok game and has been good all year. Porter will get reps now so he can be ready if needed in the playoffs.

pricejj
12-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Dude shut the eff up already.

Thanks for the lame input.

He has shown some good ability this year, but his technique is hurting this team.

Against the Ravens pistol formation, Carter played 74% of the Defensive stats. Chances are, he's headed towards similar PT in the playoffs.

Right now, he's the weakest link on a strong Defense...and we all know how that worked out for Roc Alexander.

The question is, can Carter get it together, or are we going to start seeing a lot more of Porter in Nickel situations? Porter plays pretty far off-man, just like Carter, but is he a better player?

swaiy
12-19-2012, 10:52 AM
I thought Carter sucked in the slot? Why was he on Pitta, a TE?

I also have no idea what happened after halfway through the third. I DVR'd this game only for it to be switched to the Texans game. Bull****.

swaiy
12-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Wasn't Carter the primary guy covering Boldin who was held without a catch? Sure he had a couple mistakea but he played an ok game and has been good all year. Porter will get reps now so he can be ready if needed in the playoffs.

Harris shut down Boldin.

pricejj
12-19-2012, 11:03 AM

No, Chris Harris was the guy who held Boldin in check.

OOJack
12-19-2012, 11:04 AM
This...

...?

It's Sloth from the Goonies, photoshopped onto a kids body. Are you really that clueless?

swaiy
12-19-2012, 11:07 AM
It's Sloth from the Goonies, photoshopped onto a kids body. Are you really that clueless?

Read post #6. If you were going for the "ass" look, you have succeeded in making yourself look like one.

55CrushEm
12-19-2012, 11:12 AM

Um.....what?

SleepingTiger
12-19-2012, 11:19 AM

Carter had very good coverage on that play, only Jacoby made a very good play. It you want to nit pick, Baily also gave up a big play, only thing was the WR landed out of bounds.

Carter was not the primary defender on the Pitta TD. it was a crossing route with Carter covering #12. Not only that,Pitta broke 3 tackles. The first was Carter, then Leonard whiffing on a spin move by Pitta and Rahim missing the leg tackle.

pricejj
12-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Just rewatched the 61-yard TD...

DJ was lined up on Pitta in the slot, Carter was lined up on the outside. Carter's man brushed DJ, allowing Pitta to gain separation on a 10-yard out pattern. Both DJ's and Carter's fault for missing the tackle.

I like Carter, and think he can correct his play, to do what he's supposed to do on the outside as a Nickel CB...but he just needs to get better.

DJ is going to have to get a lot tougher in coverage too.

Wes Mantooth
12-19-2012, 11:23 AM

Please refrain from posting.

Heyneck
12-19-2012, 11:23 AM

He has shown some good ability this year, but his technique is hurting this team.

Against the Ravens pistol formation, Carter played 74% of the Defensive stats. Chances are, he's headed towards similar PT in the playoffs.

Right now, he's the weakest link on a strong Defense...and we all know how that worked out for Roc Alexander.

The question is, can Carter get it together, or are we going to start seeing a lot more of Porter in Nickel situations? Porter plays pretty far off-man, just like Carter, but is he a better player?

Wait... did you just compare Carter to Roc Alexander? Yup... this thread is a FAIL!!!

pricejj
12-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Carter had very good coverage on that play, only Jacoby made a very good play. It you want to nit pick, Baily also gave up a big play, only thing was the WR landed out of bounds.

Cool, thanks for stepping me off the ledge. At least they have something to look at in the film room this week that they can improve on.

I wonder what they are going to do against the Patriots? If Champ stays on Welker, Carter would be matched up on B. Lloyd quite a bit on the outside (which I think he can handle relatively well). If Champ plays his traditional LCB, Carter might be on Welker a lot. You can't play 10-yards off Welker and expect to win the game.

Pony Boy
12-19-2012, 11:31 AM

pricejj
12-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Wait... did you just compare Carter to Roc Alexander? Yup... this thread is a FAIL!!!

Brady can embarass almost any CB in the league. Look what he did to Chris Harris early in the season.

Elite CB's (like Manning and Brady) find the weakspot on the Defense and exploit it. A similar thing happened to Andre Goodman against the Patriots in the playoffs last year.

Definitely don't want that to happen again this year.

Heyneck
12-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Cool, thanks for stepping me off the ledge. At least they have something to look at in the film room this week that they can improve on.

I wonder what they are going to do against the Patriots? If Champ stays on Welker, Carter would be matched up on B. Lloyd quite a bit on the outside (which I think he can handle relatively well). If Champ plays his traditional LCB, Carter might be on Welker a lot. You can't play 10-yards off Welker and expect to win the game.

I think the best way to play the Pats O is to be physical at the line of scrimmage. Jam those ****ers as hard as you can to disrupt the timing and let the pass rush take over. No more giving 10 yard cushion crap.

Agamemnon
The terrible tackle attempt on the that long Pitta TD is the only thing in the game that I thought was a genuinely bad play. But corners are going to get beat. That's just a fact.

Heyneck

I think the best way to play the Pats O is to be physical at the line of scrimmage. Jam those ****ers as hard as you can to disrupt the timing and let the pass rush take over. No more giving 10 yard cushion crap.

TheReverend
12-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Another terrible price thread.

Brb making Wesley Woodyard call out thread

pricejj
12-19-2012, 11:39 AM

I think that's just the way Carter and Porter play. In addition, against the Patriots, it's likely that Carter won't have help over the top, because the Broncos may have to run a 5-2 to stop the run.

...in that case, he would have to play well off the WR.

pricejj
12-19-2012, 11:49 AM

I don't know, it's compelling to me. I guess I could have worded it differently.

What else do we have on the front page on a Wednesday, except a couple Chiefs threads, a gun-control thread, a Jets thread, and a douchey NE fan thread?

I could have made a "You are dumb if you want to move Champ to Safety" thread, or a "We are the best in the NFL" thread. Maybe you would have enjoyed reading a scintillating breakdown of the Browns?

Just trying to figure out what improvements the Broncos need to work on before the playoffs...

DENVERDUI55
12-19-2012, 11:52 AM

?

Wait a minute didn't you say that Bronco's played base 80-90(Don't remember exact amount) percent of the time in another thread? Wouldn't that mean that Carter hardly played?

pricejj
12-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Wait a minute didn't you say that Bronco's played base 80-90(Don't remember exact amount) percent of the time in another thread? Wouldn't that mean that Carter hardly played?

Well, they did for the first 25 minutes of the game. The 3rd quarter was all 4-2 Nickel.

Fun Fact: Without Harris' pick-6 in the first half, the Ravens would have scored 27 points in just a little over one half of football against the Broncos 4-2 Nickel Defense.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Well, they did for the first 25 minutes of the game. The 3rd quarter was all 4-2 Nickel.

Fun Fact: Without Harris' pick-6 in the first half, the Ravens would have scored 27 points in just a little over one half of football against the Broncos 4-2 Nickel Defense.

That's not fact. That's your opinion. Say that pass went incomplete next play Flacco fumbles. You're projecting your hate for carter.

And why the multiple thread name changes?

Agamemnon
12-19-2012, 12:06 PM

Yet in reality they gave up 17 over the course of four quarters. You are really making yourself look stupid right now.

Eldorado
12-19-2012, 12:06 PM

lol, 'fun fact' that isn't really a fact.

Poop is supposed to come out of your butt, man. Not your mouth.

BroncoMan4ever
12-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Harris shut down Boldin.

Boldin went againt Carter a bit as well. Carter was getting under his skin all day.

pricejj
12-19-2012, 12:18 PM
That's not fact. That's your opinion. Say that pass went incomplete next play Flacco fumbles. You're projecting your hate for carter.

And why the multiple thread name changes?

I don't hate Tony Carter. I like him. Just want him to play a little better, because he's going to have his hands full in the playoffs.

I changed the thread name to make it less likely that people would click on the thread and join in the bandwagon slam attack.

Yet in reality they gave up 17 over the course of four quarters. You are really making yourself look stupid right now.

Actually, the Broncos were playing in a 5 man front for most of the 1st half when the Ravens couldn't even move the ball. Remember all the consecutive three and outs? Yeah, it wasn't against a Nickel Defense.

Boldin went againt Carter a bit as well. Carter was getting under his skin all day.

Carter had a PI on Boldin. That's about all I saw.

Boldin was pissed at Harris for shutting him out, that's why he got a 15-yard penalty cheap-shotting Harris with a block in the back.

Judging by the comments on this thread, sounds like most people are quite happy with the Broncos 4-2 Nickel Defense, and Tony Carter's breakdowns the last few weeks don't bother you one bit?

That's funny, the last time Bailey gave up a 3rd down conversion, half the Omane wanted to move him to Safety. I call out Tony Carter for multiple breakdowns in multiple weeks and it's rag on pricejj.

No thanks for the lack of discussion!

Archer81
12-19-2012, 12:25 PM

http://tinyurl.com/cklcqw8

:Broncos:

Heyneck
12-19-2012, 12:25 PM
lol, 'fun fact' that isn't really a fact.

Poop is supposed to come out of your butt, man. Not your mouth.

FTW!!!

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Actually, the Broncos were playing in a 5 man front for most of the 1st half when the Ravens couldn't even move the ball. Remember all the consecutive three and outs? Yeah, it wasn't against a Nickel Defense.

So they went nickel when the lead was expanded. Teams that are losing pass. I'm not worried about it. They played better than expected IN Baltimore. Shut down a team that is great in that house. To say 27 points would've happened is odd.

OOJack
12-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Read post #6. If you were going for the "ass" look, you have succeeded in making yourself look like one.

Dude, GOONIES, you know the epic movie from the 80s? How have you never seen that movie?

pricejj
12-19-2012, 12:41 PM
To say 27 points would've happened is odd.

No it's not.

The Ravens scored 17 in the 2nd half. They also passed up a FG attempt (3 more points), and made a half-assed hurry-up play on 1st and goal from the 2.

Bag on me all you want, but the Broncos Defensive advantage disappeared in the 2nd half. Do that against the Patriots, and you're freaking toasted...

BroncoMan4ever
12-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Carter had a PI on Boldin. That's about all I saw.

Boldin was pissed at Harris for shutting him out, that's why he got a 15-yard penalty cheap-shotting Harris with a block in the back.

Judging by the comments on this thread, sounds like most people are quite happy with the Broncos 4-2 Nickel Defense, and Tony Carter's breakdowns the last few weeks don't bother you one bit?

That's funny, the last time Bailey gave up a 3rd down conversion, half the Omane wanted to move him to Safety. I call out Tony Carter for multiple breakdowns in multiple weeks and it's rag on pricejj.

No thanks for the lack of discussion!

Carter over the last few weeks has not been great, but he has played better than just about any Nickel corner we have had in recent memory. The Champ thing goes both ways, either he is still the best in the game or it's time for a new position. No middle ground with the guy.

DENVERDUI55
12-19-2012, 12:51 PM
No it's not.

The Ravens scored 17 in the 2nd half. They also passed up a FG attempt (3 more points), and made a half-assed hurry-up play on 1st and goal from the 2.

Bag on me all you want, but the Broncos Defensive advantage disappeared in the 2nd half. Do that against the Patriots, and you're freaking toasted...

There is no way to say what they would of scored. Your are plain just guessing and making stuff up.

swaiy
12-19-2012, 12:59 PM
No it's not.

Garbage time TDs are definitely evidence of a defensive advantage disappearing.

Also, they didn't get the points. 4th down? Broncos stopped them. Goal line, no matter how you cut it, Broncos made a play and stopped them. So while they COULD have scored, there is no definitive proof showing they WOULD have.

BroncoMan4ever
12-19-2012, 01:08 PM
No it's not.

They scored 14 in the 4th when the game was decided and Denver was in cruise control

Requiem
12-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Remember, this football take is coming from the guy who said Star Lotulelei was not a first round draft pick, despite the unreasonable doubt surrounding the rest of the league that he is going in the Top 10. Keep in mind he also said he never watched Star play, but was going purely off measurables and statistics. pricejj is a clown. The only questions he should be asking is, "Paper or plastic?"

Rohirrim
12-19-2012, 01:16 PM
http://forums.sportfishingmag.com/photos/data/718/medium/Tired_sloth.JPG

ColoradoDarin
12-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Remember, this football take is coming from the guy who said Star Lotulelei was not a first round draft pick, despite the unreasonable doubt surrounding the rest of the league that he is going in the Top 10. Keep in mind he also said he never watched Star play, but was going purely off measurables and statistics. pricejj is a clown. The only questions he should be asking is, "Paper or plastic?"

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m89iu9nGbL1r85p5yo1_400.jpg

Houshyamama
12-19-2012, 01:43 PM

Well, that makes one of us. Hopefully the only one.

pricejj
12-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Carter over the last few weeks has not been great, but he has played better than just about any Nickel corner we have had in recent memory.

Is he better than Tracy Porter?

Still upset about the Broncos not taking Jerel Worthy? I told you, that I hadn't watched Lotulelei play until a few days ago, so what's your problem? Your posts are as stale and bland as 10-day old breast milk.

There is no way to say what they would of scored. Your are plain just guessing and making stuff up.

Oh really? What do you think the NFL success rate is of FG's from the 23-yard line? About 97%?

What do you think the TD rate is of NFL teams that have 1st and goal from the 2? About 90%?

The point is that the Broncos 4-2 gave up a lot of points (17 in one half), and probabilities would indicate that they got lucky only giving up as much as they did. Tony Carter's play had a lot to do with that.

MagicHef
12-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Bolden was thrown at 6 times. Primary coverage on those 6 throws: Harris 2, Carter 2, Champ 1, Leonhard 1.

pricejj
12-19-2012, 08:26 PM
DJ Williams and Tony Carter were the only starters benched for the final drive against the Ravens.

Danny Trevathan and Omar Bolden took their place.

Inkana7
12-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Wow this thread just keeps getting worse, and it started pretty terribly.

pricejj
12-19-2012, 08:56 PM
If you don't like it, don't click on the thread and read it. It's something that I'm interested in, that's why I'm posting about it. Just finished rewatching the game, and added a final update.

You didn't post in this thread to discuss Broncos football, so why post at all?

Heyneck
12-19-2012, 09:32 PM
DJ Williams and Tony Carter were the only starters benched for the final drive against the Ravens.

Danny Trevathan and Omar Bolden took their place.

Champ wasn't on the field too. Was he benched? Nope.

cutthemdown
12-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Carter also struggled a bit in the Raider game. I wish they could get Porter ready to go an insurance. Like Moreno probably always was I see him as one of the best 45 players on the team. They should activate him he will be motivated to play hard as he hits FA soon. Also the CB a boom or bust position. Sometimes because a guy is aggressive he will give some plays up. We all wanted tighter coverage and del rio has given it to us.

pricejj
12-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Champ wasn't on the field too. Was he benched? Nope.

Yes he was.

Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, Chris Harris, Wesley Woodyard, Mike Adams, Rahim Moore, and Elvis Dumervil were on the field too.

Omar Bolden was playing press-man coverage too...which was nice to see.

CEH
12-19-2012, 09:46 PM

Unless Carter is going to grow 5 inches he's going to lose alot of jump balls to 6-2+ sized WRs. Alexander ate him alive as well

1st and 10 at the 35 . 5 yard PI makes it first and 10 at the 29 leading 31-3. A 5 yard penalty on first down is not something to worry over

All CBs will give up a 3rd and 10 even Bailey. Here's a prediction Tom Brady will convert a 3rd and 10 the next time the Pats play the Broncos

I think there was alot of missed tackles on the Pita TD

He's 5'9 and will be picked on. Never goin change that part of his game

Heyneck
12-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Yes he was.

Von Miller, Derek Wolfe, Chris Harris, Wesley Woodyard, Mike Adams, Rahim Moore, and Elvis Dumervil were on the field too.

My mistake dude! Thought I read Champ wasn't on the field with other start. Guess that was the Raiders game then.

pricejj
12-19-2012, 09:57 PM
He's 5'9 and will be picked on. Never goin change that part of his game

Chris Harris is 5'9" too. I just wish Carter played with more enthusiasm, like he did when he first got to play after Porter went out.

There was one play where he gave up 10 yards. Harris came off his man to make the tackle past the 1st down marker. Carter tried to give Harris daps for a 'good play', and Harris just ignored him...because it was a play Carter should have made.

It's little things like that (plus the benching at the end of the game), which indicate that Broncos players and Coaches might not be too happy with the guy. They know he can give more effort, and he's just not right now.

Like I said at the start of this thread, I think that's why they are going to start playing Porter again.

ScottXray
12-20-2012, 12:02 AM

I have to agree that Carters game has slipped, and not just the last game. He has been getting burned by the bigger WRs . He is just a little too short for the 6-4 to 6-6 guys, and they can jump over him, which is where he gets burnt. Harris has been playing better and better.

I think that Porter is going to be worked back into the D for the playoffs, so expect him to get back on the field more the next 2 weeks, and Carter to take the nickle in the playoffs.

Although we have had injuries this year it seems that there has always been someone ready to step up, or step back in after healing up.

Next Man UP!

DENVERDUI55
12-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Well Pricejj deserves some props. Rumor is Porter in over Carter today Foxy and Jackie benching Carter.

Bacchus
12-23-2012, 01:05 PM

Actually, it is a great thread since the Broncos deactivated Carter for his poor play. Everyone owes this man an apology.

pricejj
12-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the props...it doesn't matter much any more though.

Porter's concussion is very concerning for the Broncos. I hope he can come back against the Chiefs...not that he'll get much meaningful practice from that game alone.

I guarantee you, whoever we meet in the playoffs will be heavily targeting the Nickel CB...just like the Browns did today to Bolden.

Porter needs the work, badly.

Hamrob
12-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Our entire middle is exposed.

We got know push by our DT's....we've got no MLB play worth a turd...and our nickle play is pathetic.

Hopfully, they can figure that out quickly....b/c the Chiefs aren't going to help us any.

enjolras
12-23-2012, 07:26 PM

We got know push by our DT's....we've got no MLB play worth a turd...and our nickle play is pathetic.

Hopfully, they can figure that out quickly....b/c the Chiefs aren't going to help us any.

This better be sarcasm.

JakeZ01
12-23-2012, 07:40 PM
The 00jack obliviousness in this thread is gold.

swaiy
12-23-2012, 07:47 PM
The 00jack obliviousness in this thread is gold.

He was being sarcastic. I know because he negged me :(

R8R H8R
12-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the props...it doesn't matter much any more though.

Porter's concussion is very concerning for the Broncos. I hope he can come back against the Chiefs...not that he'll get much meaningful practice from that game alone.

I guarantee you, whoever we meet in the playoffs will be heavily targeting the Nickel CB...just like the Browns did today to Bolden.

Porter needs the work, badly.

Porter has a long history of injuries. IIRC, he has not played all 16 games in a season yet, and now gets hurt early in the first game back. He can't be trusted. Best bet is to hope JDR has lit a fire under Carter after the benching.

JakeZ01
12-23-2012, 07:51 PM
He was being sarcastic. I know because he negged me :(

Oh.... Damn. It was killing me.

pricejj
12-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Porter has a long history of injuries. IIRC, he has not played all 16 games in a season yet, and now gets hurt early in the first game back. He can't be trusted. Best bet is to hope JDR has lit a fire under Carter after the benching.

Yeah, you're probably right.

I think that's the only weak spot that would cause the Broncos to lose.

Hope one of them balls out of control in the playoffs...we're gonna need it.

Bacchus
12-23-2012, 11:27 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/9341c9f81e475581327d7d1ec051b168/tumblr_mf4zgpqcsk1rua5zwo1_500.gif

pricejj
01-30-2013, 08:17 AM

"Carter, lined up 6 yards off Jones at the snap, was supposed to "jam" Jones before the receiver got through the 5-yard contact zone in order to keep Jones from sprinting up the sideline. If no receiver was in the flat in the shorter area near the sideline Carter was supposed to follow Jones up the sideline after the jam. He did neither."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22477435/ravens-jacoby-jones-shock-broncos-nfl-playoffs

Nice one Carter.

TonyR
01-30-2013, 08:25 AM
Quote from Jacoby Jones:

"Right before the snap, I knew we would look there. I saw an opening. When (Broncos cornerback Tony Carter) didn't jam me and I got by him, it was over with."
Read more: Ravens WR Jacoby Jones said he "knew" he would shock Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22477435/ravens-jacoby-jones-shock-broncos-nfl-playoffs#ixzz2JTNRib4k

TheReverend
01-30-2013, 08:55 AM
"Carter, lined up 6 yards off Jones at the snap, was supposed to "jam" Jones before the receiver got through the 5-yard contact zone in order to keep Jones from sprinting up the sideline. If no receiver was in the flat in the shorter area near the sideline Carter was supposed to follow Jones up the sideline after the jam. He did neither."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22477435/ravens-jacoby-jones-shock-broncos-nfl-playoffs

Nice one Carter.

Highly doubtful.

44 seconds on the clock, protecting a score on the opponents 30 yard line is NOT a jam situation.

socalorado
01-30-2013, 09:05 AM
Highly doubtful.

44 seconds on the clock, protecting a score on the opponents 30 yard line is NOT a jam situation.

Yeah, i still dont see how Carter did anything wrong.

BroncosSR
01-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Highly doubtful.

It certainly was a cover your ****ing receiver situation.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Quote from Jacoby Jones:

Read more: Ravens WR Jacoby Jones said he "knew" he would shock Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22477435/ravens-jacoby-jones-shock-broncos-nfl-playoffs#ixzz2JTNRib4k

This is typical of **** people say once they had success. Like when rich people give bad advice and glorify a chance decision as a cant miss one.

Requiem
01-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Forgetting Tony Carter.

TheReverend
01-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Yeah, i still dont see how Carter did anything wrong.

Well, he definitely didn't finish the play. Jogging after the guy because "Rahim's got it" in that situation was nothing shy of stupid.

It certainly was a cover your ****ing receiver situation.

Agree.

2KBack
01-30-2013, 09:34 AM
I know it was the vast majority Moore's fault, but if Carter actually runs full out on that play, he would have been in prime location to bat it away or even pick it (based on the ball location)

TonyR
01-30-2013, 09:35 AM
I know it was the vast majority Moore's fault, but if Carter actually runs full out on that play, he would have been in prime location to bat it away or even pick it (based on the ball location)

Or maybe make the tackle after the catch, which would have effectively ended the game if in bounds.

socalorado
01-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Forgetting Tony Carter.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/182/files/2012/07/5901932.jpg

TheReverend
01-30-2013, 09:44 AM

Not saying this is what happened, but here's what I think happened:

I THINK he laid off because he saw Rahim coming in for the easy pick and didn't want one of those blooper reel plays where two defenders take each other out of the play and Jones makes the easy score, not expecting (like the rest of us) Rahim to blow a play middle school kids make.

TheReverend
01-30-2013, 09:45 AM

http://media.al.com/sports_impact/photo/11897166-large.jpg

^ comes complete with 2 rounds worth of small school discount

socalorado
01-30-2013, 09:53 AM

Keep your discount, and give me the real deal.

2KBack
01-30-2013, 10:00 AM
Not saying this is what happened, but here's what I think happened:

I THINK he laid off because he saw Rahim coming in for the easy pick and didn't want one of those blooper reel plays where two defenders take each other out of the play and Jones makes the easy score, not expecting (like the rest of us) Rahim to blow a play middle school kids make.

Wouldn't surprise me if that was what went through his mind. Stuck in no man's land a bit, because if he collided with Moore and the ball was still complete, it's his head we would be asking for.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Well, he definitely didn't finish the play. Jogging after the guy because "Rahim's got it" in that situation was nothing shy of stupid.

Agree.

This is what I assume happened here as well since Rahim camped out like he was about to catch a routine fly ball. Unfortunately, he judged it like the ****ty kid in little league you stick out in right field

pricejj
01-30-2013, 01:17 PM
If you look at the Moore Photoshop thread, Carter is actually walking when the play goes down...a complete lack of intensity, which I've grown used to from watching him the last half of the year.

He'll make one play, and then completely space-out on another.

LetsGoBroncos
01-30-2013, 02:01 PM
Highly doubtful.

I was thinking the same thing. And bull**** Jacoby Jones knew he would get open....Moore was 30-40 yards downfield from him pre-snap, how would he know Moore wouldn't continue to back pedal once the play started. Just a ****ty day from start to finish. 23 things went Baltimore's way and it still took double OT to beat us. If 22 things go their way we win. Big time shame. I'll go to my grave not being over this game.

Requiem
01-30-2013, 02:12 PM

He played good against South Dakota State -- only game I've ever seen of his. Some people think he could go late round two.

CEH
01-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Yes you do jam the wr because you disrupt the route and the sideline is near by so of the wr goes out of bounds he can't catch the ball and with no timeouts the sideline route is the only play for the wr

pricejj
01-30-2013, 04:12 PM
There ya go Rev. That's what were looking for...a #1 CB who can run in the 4.3's, has great ball skills, and can be had at #56.

Can he play press-man?

TheReverend
01-30-2013, 04:40 PM
Yes you do jam the wr because you disrupt the route and the sideline is near by so of the wr goes out of bounds he can't catch the ball and with no timeouts the sideline route is the only play for the wr

No... it's a cushion down. A jam you can get blown off the ball.

There ya go Rev. That's what were looking for...a #1 CB who can run in the 4.3's, has great ball skills, and can be had at #56.

Can he play press-man?

He can play anything.

Tombstone RJ
01-30-2013, 05:03 PM

You jam a WR more on a timing route, not so much on a "he's sprinting for the endzone" type of situation. On that type of situation you have to leave a cushion because he's going all out and you gotta keep up.

pricejj
01-30-2013, 06:27 PM
He can play anything.

Whoa. Watching some video of him now. He's physical, can run with anyone, loves to tackle, and is a playmaker...just needs a little refinement on his technique, which Champ would gladly help him with.

Rascal
01-30-2013, 06:31 PM
Who are you talking about?

CEH
01-30-2013, 06:47 PM
You jam a WR more on a timing route, not so much on a "he's sprinting for the endzone" type of situation. On that type of situation you have to leave a cushion because he's going all out and you gotta keep up.

Carter is not playing man. He's responisble for a zone.
Keep up with who you have 4- 5 other players supposely playing 30 yards down field.

Denver coaches have told several local reporters Carter was suppose to bump his guy intially off the LOS

Believe what you guys want

oubronco
01-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Who are you talking about?

#13 Robert Alford, 5-11, 188, CB, Southeastern Louisiana

Heyneck
01-30-2013, 06:49 PM

I approve this message!

Tombstone RJ
01-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Carter is not playing man. He's responisble for a zone.
Keep up with who you have 4- 5 other players supposely playing 30 yards down field.

Denver coaches have told several local reporters Carter was suppose to bump his guy intially off the LOS

Believe what you guys want

Maybe this is part of the reason Milus was fired?

Mediator12
01-31-2013, 12:29 PM
#13 Robert Alford, 5-11, 188, CB, Southeastern Louisiana

Yep. Dude was the most instinctual CB in Mobile for me. Trufant and Poyer were way more physical off the LOS in Press, but that kid had unbelieveable route reading instincts. He had 5+'s in my grading to only one minus....

Mediator12
01-31-2013, 12:32 PM
Maybe this is part of the reason Milus was fired?

There was more than one reason, but if Carter was told to Press in a Tampa 2 to slow down the WR and then play the flat like it looks like on film... He sure as Hell did not attempt a press technique there. The other thing that could have happened is the DB coach did not instruct him to press, even though the playcall was to do it. That has never happened before in DEN, (David Gibbs) Choke Choke....

CEH
02-02-2013, 07:59 AM
How does Robert Alford, 5-11, 188, CB, Southeastern Louisiana Chrones' disease affect his draft status. Matt Light played with it but I have heard him talk about it and it was not easy

jerseyboiler120
02-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Reliving that play is bringing tears to my eyes. Time is only making it worse, as people have forgotten about the bad calls in the game altogether. I lieve in New Jersey and not one person has mentioned anything about the refs since the day after the game. Not its all about how great flacco played and how talented baltimore is. We still should have won; all they had to do was stay behind the man.

TheReverend
02-02-2013, 12:14 PM
There was more than one reason, but if Carter was told to Press in a Tampa 2 to slow down the WR and then play the flat like it looks like on film... He sure as Hell did not attempt a press technique there. The other thing that could have happened is the DB coach did not instruct him to press, even though the playcall was to do it. That has never happened before in DEN, (David Gibbs) Choke Choke....

I cant fathom a play call where there are only 2 deep defenders giving the clock and field position.

I also dont see why "Carter pressing" is an even issue... disrupting the route wouldve made ZERO difference. It was a layup play for Moore, it's not like Jacoby was hit in stride or made a great a play... it was a lucky whiff.

Jamming would've done NOTHING.

DENVERDUI55
02-02-2013, 12:28 PM
I cant fathom a play call where there are only 2 deep defenders giving the clock and field position.

I also dont see why "Carter pressing" is an even issue... disrupting the route wouldve made ZERO difference. It was a layup play for Moore, it's not like Jacoby was hit in stride or made a great a play... it was a lucky whiff.

Jamming would've done NOTHING.

Well you really can't go back and say it would or wouldn't of worked. Your right Moore missed a gimme but say Carter had pressed Jones (who is a #4 WR in this league) to the inside or slowed him up maybe Flacco would of never thrown his way. We just will never know other than Moore screwed up but to say jamming wouldn't of done anything is just a guess.

TheReverend
02-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Well you really can't go back and say it would or wouldn't of worked. Your right Moore missed a gimme but say Carter had pressed Jones (who is a #4 WR in this league) to the inside or slowed him up maybe Flacco would of never thrown his way. We just will never know other than Moore screwed up but to say jamming wouldn't of done anything is just a guess.

[There is no appropriate eye roll smiley]

DENVERDUI55
02-02-2013, 06:30 PM

You could use your default bert stare or one of your other canned responses.

Agamemnon
02-02-2013, 07:02 PM

::)

This one doesn't suffice?