PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon is your AFC offensive player of the week

Kaylore
12-19-2012, 07:40 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Moreno-Named-AFC-Offensive-Player-of-the-Week/5a027ecb-394b-4aee-ba15-2a8429548f16

I feel like Elway in the press box watching Tebow win.

Seriously though, very happy for Knowshon. He's always been a professional here and I think doing the scount team really humbled him.

Tom Nalen was saying working on the scout team they tell you to run like other backs and that may have helped him learn to stop dancing as much.

Heyneck
12-19-2012, 07:49 AM
Keep it going Knowshon!!! I always had your back!!! Hope that when it's all said and done, you will be dishing out crow left and right!!! GO BRONCOS!!!

Gutless Drunk
12-19-2012, 07:52 AM
"Since replacing the injured Willis McGahee in Week 12, Morenoís averaging 121.8 yards from scrimmage per game, and Adrian Peterson is the only running back with more during that span.

Itís also the seventh player of the week honor for a Bronco this season, a league high.'

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/19/knowshon-moreno-wins-afc-offensive-player-of-week/

jerseyguy4
wow, impressive. He continues to silence any possible criticism, and silence any chatter of when WM might be back. Of course, the Reed-hurdle helped.

congrats to him. He deserves it.

CEH
Wow this is great for Knowshown and the team. Whatever he did during his inactive status he sure took it to heart

socalorado
12-19-2012, 07:54 AM
http://fantasy-wallpapers.com/wallpapers/hell_frozen_ice_devil-1280x1024.jpg

Beantown Bronco
12-19-2012, 08:05 AM
"Since replacing the injured Willis McGahee in Week 12, Morenoís averaging 121.8 yards from scrimmage per game, and Adrian Peterson is the only running back with more during that span.

Itís also the seventh player of the week honor for a Bronco this season, a league high.'

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/19/knowshon-moreno-wins-afc-offensive-player-of-week/

Great. Where's that poster from last week that was literally complaining, not even sarcastically, that Moreno was no Adrian Peterson? I guess he has his proof! :)

Tim
12-19-2012, 08:09 AM
Is it safe to say this yet

Knowshon Moreno > Ryan Mathews?

bfoflcommish
12-19-2012, 08:15 AM
and this is why PMFM was brought in, he makes everyone around him play better!! Something we have not had since #7 left.

Rohirrim
12-19-2012, 08:22 AM
This week on As the World Turns, Knowshon Moreno is the hero of Broncos Nation. Tune in for next week's exciting episode. ;D

Kaylore
12-19-2012, 08:24 AM
We've had eight individual players win this award. That's the sign of a good team.

pricejj
12-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Knowshon's game against Baltimore was the most impressive game a Broncos RB has had this year.

The will to drive your feet is probably any RB's most important attribute. Knowshon has been showing that drive the last 4 games...he showed it last year before his injury, and it was his primary attribute in college at Georgia.

Knowshon has proven his worth. You can scratch off 'early round RB' from your draft wish list. I'm sure they can find a late round guy to replace Lance Ball.

Moreno, McGahee, and Hillman have what it takes to put the Broncos Offense on their shoulders when necessary.

BowlenBall
12-19-2012, 08:33 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Moreno-Named-AFC-Offensive-Player-of-the-Week/5a027ecb-394b-4aee-ba15-2a8429548f16

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

http://thehusker.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/ElwayMemeTebow-1.jpg

Heyneck
12-19-2012, 08:39 AM
and this is why PMFM was brought in, he makes everyone around him play better!! Something we have not had since #7 left.

I think this is attributed more to coaching. Fox and the coaching staff new what buttons to push. But you a are right, it doesn't hurt having Manning around.

dictionary
12-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Seriously though, very happy for Knowshon. He's always been a professional here and I think doing the scount team really humbled him.

Tom Nalen was saying working on the scout team they tell you to run like other backs and that may have helped him learn to stop dancing as much.

Watching the past few games, KM's vision is amazing and when he hits the hole, it is with power and determination. He looks like a faster version of McGahee right now with more athletic ability--ex: hurdling Ed Reed while he is standing up. Dude is straight balling for us right now, and couldnt have happened at a better time.

baja
12-19-2012, 08:42 AM
We've had eight individual players win this award. That's the sign of a good team.

Didn't we have 2 players of the month as well? Von & Peyton?

Kaylore
12-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Great. Where's that poster from last week that was literally complaining, not even sarcastically, that Moreno was no Adrian Peterson? I guess he has his proof! :)

Aw shucks. Well if he's not as good as Adrian Peterson, then we'll have to settle for next best, I guess. How disappointing, though!

Rabb
12-19-2012, 08:44 AM
[URL]I feel like Elway in the press box watching Tebow win.

God did this make me snort

Gutless Drunk
12-19-2012, 08:48 AM
I think this is attributed more to coaching. Fox and the coaching staff new what buttons to push. But you a are right, it doesn't hurt having Manning around.

Awards Watch: Week 15
Coach of the Year

1. John Fox, Broncos (3). Yes, people will pooh-pooh his candidacy and attribute much of Denver's nine straight wins to the greatness of Manning. But don't forget he led the Broncos to a division title last season with Tim Tebow at QB, so it ain't all about Manning.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20121218/week-15-nfl-awards/#ixzz2FW8AyzDj

Greatspirits
12-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Yay! I can break out my Moreno jersey the kids gave me a few years ago!

Popps
12-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Great to hear. This is exactly what a lot of us were talking about when we hoped he could contribute to this team, regardless of where he was taken or who took him. These few performances alone have greatly helped this team. Nice to get some ROI!

Here's hoping he can stay healthy and keep it up!

bronco militia
12-19-2012, 09:08 AM
it's nice to see him take advantage of this second opportunity.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-19-2012, 09:15 AM
are we setting any records for a bronco player being named defensive , offensive special team player of the week.
also when are we just going to treat Tebow as a guy who came in won a few games for us and now is a xplayer nice guy not so nice QB
WE GOT PEYTON FING MANNING and a team loaded with defensive talent. lets stick with the present and forget 2011

ColoradoDarin
12-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Yay! I can break out my Moreno jersey the kids gave me a few years ago!

I got one when they were something like $20 on the Broncos site, finally can wear it...

CEH
12-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Never specified which AP . I was referring to Adrian Peterson of the Chi Bears :angel:

BroncoMan4ever
12-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Is it safe to say this yet

Knowshon Moreno > Ryan Mathews?

You can say this

Lance Ball = Ryan Matthews

BowlenBall
12-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Ryan Torain > Ryan Matthews

Quoydogs
12-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Best crow I've had in a long time.

Crushaholic
12-19-2012, 10:43 AM
He's finally living up to his high draft pick. I'm genuinely happy, for him...:thumbs:

Al Wilson
12-19-2012, 11:20 AM
He's looked great the last 3 weeks. Reading his blocks well, knowing when to cut back, and exploding when he sees the hole instead of dancing behind the line. Very exciting to finally see him play up to his abilities.

Quoydogs
12-19-2012, 11:21 AM
He's looked great the last 3 weeks. Reading his blocks well, knowing when to cut back, and exploding when he sees the hole instead of dancing behind the line. Very exciting to finally see him play up to his abilities.

and that hurdle was sick !:thumbsup:

CEH
12-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Best crow I've had in a long time.

I'll gladly eat much crow if it means players are stepping up. Luckily never got on Moore last year but dude is also stepping up big time this year

BroncoMan4ever
12-19-2012, 12:10 PM
I'll gladly eat much crow if it means players are stepping up. Luckily never got on Moore last year but dude is also stepping up big time this year

Agreed still waiting on more plays on the ball but his.play is a night and day comparison between this year and last

Br0nc0Buster
12-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Moreno has been awesome since taking over for Willis

I think I am gonna start him over Trent Richardson in the championship game this week and see what happens

RedskinBronco
12-19-2012, 12:49 PM
well deserved

Raidersbane
12-19-2012, 02:35 PM

This winning thing...it's so hard to accept and enjoy! I'm still giddy over being at the game Sunday and witnessing what had never been done before. :thumbsup:

JakeZ01
12-19-2012, 02:44 PM
He is reading his blocks better because he is actually getting blocks. Blocks help a runner. Just some football 101 for the haters. Blocks good, no blacks bad.

Gutless Drunk
12-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Manning on Moreno getting AFC offensive player of the week: "It's awesome. ... It's a great lesson about being a professional."

https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones

Al Wilson
12-19-2012, 06:41 PM
He is reading his blocks better because he is actually getting blocks. Blocks help a runner. Just some football 101 for the haters. Blocks good, no blacks bad.
Please get a clue. If you actually watched closely Knowshon has improved reading blocks better than last year and the year before that. He used to dance behind the line way too much in the past. What I'm seeing is that he sees a hole and explodes through it now; he is also showing patience for the blocking to develop unlike years past. The hate from before was deserved. He is a first round pick that looked like an undrafted back; and if he wasn't benched for 8 weeks and learned a few things he would still be called a bust.

Atwater His Ass
12-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Great game from him last week. Look forward to seeing if he can continue to maintain as we progress into the playoffs.

Heyneck
12-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Please get a clue. If you actually watched closely Knowshon has improved reading blocks better than last year and the year before that. He used to dance behind the line way too much in the past. What I'm seeing is that he sees a hole and explodes through it now; he is also showing patience for the blocking to develop unlike years past. The hate from before was deserved. He is a first round pick that looked like an undrafted back; and if he wasn't benched for 8 weeks and learned a few things he would still be called a bust.

Please get a clue! If you actually watched closely, Knowshon used to get hit behind the LOS because our OL sucked at run blocking. Knowshon had to fight most of the time just to get back to the LOS.

Nwp-Apap
12-19-2012, 06:56 PM
The hate from before was deserved. He is a first round pick that looked like an undrafted back; and if he wasn't benched for 8 weeks and learned a few things he would still be called a bust.

No. Our OL was horrid at Run Blocking his rookie year, and it is still below average. Knowshon is simply improved to a point where he can mask our OL's flaws, he couldn't do this as a rookie.

If you rewatch the last 4 games, very rarely do you see a running play go as planned due to the ineptitude of the hogs. It is typically fairly obvious where a run play is going if you can pause the play a second after it starts. Those who played ILB know you read guards and come off their asses, as that is where the run should be.

Watching our OL and the run game, they are consistently beaten to their presumed responsibility, engage no one at all, or are straight up overpowered. Knowshon and his improved mental grasp of the RB position has made countless necessary drive saving cuts and ad libs in the run game to mask these mistakes. McGahee did this much as well, albeit he was a much worse pass protecter and receiver, plus the fumbles.

Moreno is the run game at is point, not the OL. Not to say they are awful at run blocking, but they are definitely not good, at least without Kuper. What I am saying is that Moreno is playing and producing much better than the OL is helping him with and blocking for. Several times a week you see a LB or DL come in and make the tackle for a loss almost immediately, due to a lackluster blocking effort, or no block at all.

The majority of the positive plays in the run game these past four weeks have been due to Moreno seeing a cutback lane because the hole the run was designed to go through is clogged with DL and LBs the OL failed to remove. Average back can't do this, good to great ones can. Moreno can, McGahee can, Hillman cannot, Ball cannot, Hester cannot.

pricejj
12-19-2012, 07:43 PM
http://prod.images.broncos.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BRONCOS/assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/clubimages/2012/12-December/temp12-12233BH--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

24champ
12-19-2012, 08:07 PM
Moreno always had the talent to be a good back. Being on the practice squad was the best thing that ever happened to him. Plus, being around Peyton seems to work well with Moreno. As a result of his play, I don't think RB will be a big issue this offseason.

baja
12-19-2012, 08:47 PM
You could see he always had talent in between running up the backs of his blockers and apart from his dancing around looking for a hole to open up there were some truly great runs. His shoe coming off play after play was annoying to all. His attitude did not help him either but under it all the talent was there. Then came the injury and many here were angry at him for getting injured. He came back too early and it hurt him. He gave great effort but he was not healed up yet, then came his untimely fumble. The following week he was placed on the inactive list and many here declared him a bust. He stayed there for 8 weeks. Knowshon took the situation as an opportunity to heal and pick up his game. Many players would not have survived this but Knowshon handled it in an exemplary fashion. He believed in himself even if few fans did. He waited patiently for his chance and when he got it he did not fail even though he knew that Coach Fox had said this was his last chance, so with his career on the line he played at a very high level. i wonder how many of us would have handled the saga as well as Knowshon Moreno did?

Swedish Extrovert
12-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Moreno always had the talent to be a good back. Being on the practice squad was the best thing that ever happened to him. Plus, being around Peyton seems to work well with Moreno. As a result of his play, I don't think RB will be a big issue this offseason.

So glad he resurrected his career as a Bronco. I was worried we'd let him go to NE for a 4th round pick, and then become a Pro Bowler.

Al Wilson
12-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Please get a clue! If you actually watched closely, Knowshon used to get hit behind the LOS because our OL sucked at run blocking. Knowshon had to fight most of the time just to get back to the LOS.
I've watched every Broncos game since Knowshon was drafted. The line play has improved a bit, but still doesn't hide the fact that he was lost as a running back his last 2 years before he finally started to get it. He was benched in favour of McGahee, a running back who was playing full back for the Ravens. If I still didn't get it, then I guess the coaches didn't get it either.

2KBack
12-20-2012, 05:35 AM
I've watched every Broncos game since Knowshon was drafted. The line play has improved a bit, but still doesn't hide the fact that he was lost as a running back his last 2 years before he finally started to get it. He was benched in favour of McGahee, a running back who was playing full back for the Ravens. If I still didn't get it, then I guess the coaches didn't get it either.

Most of us have watched every game, so that isn't a credential. His last 2 years you refer to were 1 year that he was the most productive offensive player behind Loyd on a team that was falling apart...followed by a season that looked like it might be his breakout, before tearing his knee.

If you did watch those games in 2008 and 2009 then you should remember his dodging defenders in the backfield on a play by play basis.

RhymesayersDU
12-20-2012, 05:49 AM
Ryan Torain > Ryan Matthews

Cory Matthews > Ryan Matthews