PDA

View Full Version : Josh McDaniels....Chicago Bears Head Coach?

24champ
12-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Hilarious!

That there's talk of Josh McDaniels getting another shot as an NFL head coach with the Chicago Bears. When CBS' Jason La Canfora reported Sunday that McDaniels could be a candidate to replace Lovie Smith if the Bears make a coaching change after the season, it was hard not to scoff, given that: a) McDaniels' reign of error as the Broncos' coach included a cheating scandal, a slew of atrocious personnel moves and 17 defeats in his final 22 games and b) Chicago's two most important offensive players, Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall, were the very two men that McDaniels ran out of Denver, provoking the latter to tell me in August that the decision to trade Cutler was "a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very bad move." The same words would apply to a McDaniels hire but I'd be very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very excited to cover it. Did I say "very"?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--morning-rush--perfectionist-peyton-manning-laughs-at-himself-after-broncos-show-they%E2%80%99re-no-joke-102723478.html

SoCalBronco
12-17-2012, 02:23 PM
No chance. Jay will veto it as he should.

24champ
12-17-2012, 02:25 PM
It's unlikely, but it would be funny as hell to see that play out in Chicago.

Requiem
12-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Not a chance in Hell. Brandon and Jay won't put up with that puke face.

Heyneck
12-17-2012, 02:33 PM
****s and giggles?!!!

CEH
12-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Maybe it's Cutler who will be one to move on. That was a great pick and whine session he put on yesterday all the while Rodgers who has been sacked more times than Jay simply decided to throw TDs instead of INts

Emery is not tied to Cutler

baja
12-17-2012, 02:36 PM
It would be awesome to watch the drama of that move.

pricejj
12-17-2012, 02:40 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/files/2010/12/mcdaniels.jpg

http://i0.mail.com/310/1511310,h=425,pd=1,w=620/peyton-manning.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTh4XxFUSgvu7CTDAffnJSxBNwHLH9PH _TvC4-1_xP-87_htH7h

orangeatheist
On a similar note:

Brian Urlacher said the booing of the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field is "unbelievable," and he defended coach Lovie Smith against critics who believe that the team needs a new head coach..."Two of the people I don't care about, fans or the media," Urlacher said. "They can say what they want to about our head coach, about our players. It does bother me because those people don't know what they're talking about, obviously."

Brian Urlacher tired of booing (http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8754820/brian-urlacher-says-booing-chicago-bears-soldier-field-unbelievable)

Say it isn't so! I thought Bears fans were like a 9, Jay?

"It's a lot [different]. Denver's like a 6 and Chicago's like a 9," Cutler said during the interview. "It's quite a bit different. Just the fans and how passionate they are, that's probably the biggest difference."

http://dubsism.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/jay-cutler-is-a-douchebag.jpg?w=510

chawknz
Oh man, get the popcorn. That would be incredible.

Jekyll15Hyde
If there is a god.... please let this happen

mkporter
12-17-2012, 02:41 PM

This. 1000x this.

24champ
12-17-2012, 02:45 PM

Hey! It could happen! (Angels in the outfield reference)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8GkAJMf7k50/TNQqMGCbi9I/AAAAAAAAAxU/24Un_drZHhE/s1600/eed-angels-in-the-outfield-poster.jpg

SpringStein
12-17-2012, 02:49 PM
On a similar note:

Brian Urlacher tired of booing (http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8754820/brian-urlacher-says-booing-chicago-bears-soldier-field-unbelievable)

Say it isn't so! I thought Bears fans were like a 9, Jay?

http://dubsism.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/jay-cutler-is-a-douchebag.jpg?w=510

Listening to Urlacher, this was my first thought - "That's how 'nines' respond!

Kaylore
12-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Hey! It could happen! (Angels in the outfield reference)

"Great Scott!"

-Back to the future

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070221030224/bttf/images/8/8e/Doc_1955.JPG

Kaylore
12-17-2012, 02:53 PM
"Oh, Shucks" - Professor Plum, Clue

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_knkvaxcxu7Q/TGBV0aF6FbI/AAAAAAAAASA/JvwCjIo6hi8/s1600/clue+prof+plum.jpg

CEH
12-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Maybe Cutler needs to learn to beat their main division rival

Since joining the Bears,Cutler has thrown 9 TDs and 17 interceptions for a QB rating if 59.9 and is 1-7 vs the Green Bay Packers

or maybe it's just Aaron Rodgers wiping the floor with Cutler

Kaylore
12-17-2012, 02:55 PM
"I hope pain is something you enjoy" - Kruge, Star Trek III

http://neatnik2009.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/search-for-spock-03.jpg

DBroncos4life
12-17-2012, 02:57 PM
****, looks like Chiefs will get Marshall and Cutler for Cassel and the first overall pick.

maven
12-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Smith should get canned if they miss the playoffs again(I would can him regardless). Probably the most boring offense in the NFC North. Josh would be an excellent hire because he will change it for good/bad.

And the best part is, I belive Cutler's contract is up after next season.There goes your huge/last contract extension, Jay.

Hilarious!:~ohyah!::giggle:

Kaylore
12-17-2012, 02:59 PM
"Well, why not? I don't mind prolonging the execution. " - Judge Doom, who Framed Roger Rabbit

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120130225825/disney/images/3/34/Jd.jpg

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
does jay demand a trade back to the broncos or to the redskins lol oh man if this happens i want front row seat to this comedy. of course i doubt itll happen

Kaylore
Christopher Lloyd is awesome.

Bacchus
It's unlikely, but it would be funny as hell to see that play out in Chicago.

That would be hilarious!!!!

24champ
12-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Christopher Lloyd is awesome.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfkf3v2uKn1qzi8igo1_500.png

baja
12-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Cutler to Dallas LOL

Popps
12-17-2012, 03:11 PM

Yeah, the folks in Chicago are probably pretty concerned about Jay's feelings at this point. I mean, clearly he's proven himself.

NFLBRONCO
12-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Lots of HC's needed in 13

Det HC
Chi HC
Ari HC
Phil HC
SD HC
KC HC
Oak HC

Any others

ColoradoDarin
12-17-2012, 03:16 PM

Since joining the Bears,Cutler has thrown 9 TDs and 17 interceptions for a QB rating if 59.9 and is 1-7 vs the Green Bay Packers

I heard Phyllis Rivers will make the Chargers throw in a 3rd round pick just to get Cutler back in the division.

SpringStein
12-17-2012, 03:18 PM

Det HC
Chi HC
Ari HC
Phil HC
SD HC
KC HC
Oak HC

Any others

Panthers are possible as are Titans. Rumors are that Dolphins are unsettled - but to me they have overachieved this year. Cleveland has a new owner and will have a new GM, so that has to be watched.

DBroncos4life
12-17-2012, 03:20 PM

Det HC
Chi HC
Ari HC
Phil HC
SD HC
KC HC
Oak HC

Any others

Browns. Panthers might be on that list too.

Lestat
12-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Emery isn't nearly dumb enough to try to make that combustion on delivery happen.
Cutler would never forgive McDaniels and neither would Marshall.

DBroncos4life
12-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Does anyone think the Saints will be looking for a new HC?

Tombstone RJ
12-17-2012, 03:36 PM
There's no chance this happens, nada.

broncosteven
12-17-2012, 03:38 PM
I would love to see mCd in Chicago!

I was rubbing in the fact that the Broncos are riding a 9 game win streak (and #2 seed) and duh bears have only 8 wins all season to my bear fan friends and they pointed out a couple things that lead to a complete rebuild again for Chicago.

1) Lovie is out unless he wins the SB, they aren't making the playoffs so he is done.

2) Urlacker's contract is up this year. If he signs a home town deal all Chicago would get is an old LB that might be better than a rook for one more year.

3) Cutler is never going to grow into a Franchise type QB. He has been in the league for 7 years now and still doesn't get it.

4) bears need to draft/trade/sign: 2 Tackles, a Guard, a Center, 2 TE's, at least 1 more WR and that is just offense

5) Cutler has 1 one year left on his deal, One of my friends wants to see them cut his ass this year and draft a QB, another wants them to draft a QB but keep Cutler around next year then if he doesn't work under a new HC next year then let him walk.

6) Hester should not see the field on O. He cannot run routes and doesn't understand what is going on pre or post snap.

7) They need an OC who understands offense. Their best OC over the last 20 years was Turner and he was not great.

8) duh bears offseason could rival our 2008/2009 offseason. Even more so now if mCd gets a shot at destroying another franchise.

Lestat
12-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Does anyone think the Saints will be looking for a new HC?

if Benson loses Payton you can bet some legal action follows against Goodell for damages to the Saints.

lonestar
12-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Hell I remember cutlet saying he was really looking forward to be working with another offensive genius.

As long as whiny boy is in Chicago no reason that BM would not want to be there.

I have always referred to cutlet as Jeff George the coach killer. No reason that he does not get lovey this year along with everyone in the offensive side of the ball. That would just about catch him up to JG and all those he got fired.

Drek
12-17-2012, 04:04 PM
Makes sense. Chicago has a serious Cutler infection, and the proven antibody for that is Josh McDaniels.

SoCalBronco
12-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Yeah, the folks in Chicago are probably pretty concerned about Jay's feelings at this point. I mean, clearly he's proven himself.

I'm glad we are finally in agreement that he has proven himself. I knew you were too smart to keep being a Cutler greatness denialist. :)

Actually Jay is the only thing standing in the way of Chicago being a 4 win team. They're record without him is like 1-9 whereas with him its about .700. So yes he does have veto power because he's holding all the cards.

Oh and Khan I definitely agree that Christopher Lloyd rules.

DBroncos4life
12-17-2012, 04:16 PM
if Benson loses Payton you can bet some legal action follows against Goodell for damages to the Saints.

I think odds are he stays, but then again you never know some teams could start tossing out lots of money for him too.

oubronco
12-17-2012, 04:18 PM
What the hell we're living on borrowed time anyway

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s480x480/430836_10151181293745233_721406190_n.jpg

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
Robert Frost

CEH
12-17-2012, 04:34 PM
I heard Phyllis Rivers will make the Chargers throw in a 3rd round pick just to get Cutler back in the division.

Cutler has always been the doormat. Rodgers enjoys the domination.

Cutler even admits to GBs domination

Lestat
12-17-2012, 04:39 PM
I think odds are he stays, but then again you never know some teams could start tossing out lots of money for him too.

only job he'd likely leave for is Dallas unless some team lets him be coach and GM but i don't see that happening and i doubt Dallas cans Garrett.

bowtown
12-17-2012, 04:48 PM
This would make me the happiest boy in the world.

maven
12-17-2012, 04:53 PM

I was rubbing in the fact that the Broncos are riding a 9 game win streak (and #2 seed) and duh bears have only 8 wins all season to my bear fan friends and they pointed out a couple things that lead to a complete rebuild again for Chicago.

1) Lovie is out unless he wins the SB, they aren't making the playoffs so he is done.

2) Urlacker's contract is up this year. If he signs a home town deal all Chicago would get is an old LB that might be better than a rook for one more year.

3) Cutler is never going to grow into a Franchise type QB. He has been in the league for 7 years now and still doesn't get it.

4) bears need to draft/trade/sign: 2 Tackles, a Guard, a Center, 2 TE's, at least 1 more WR and that is just offense

5) Cutler has 1 one year left on his deal, One of my friends wants to see them cut his ass this year and draft a QB, another wants them to draft a QB but keep Cutler around next year then if he doesn't work under a new HC next year then let him walk.

6) Hester should not see the field on O. He cannot run routes and doesn't understand what is going on pre or post snap.

7) They need an OC who understands offense. Their best OC over the last 20 years was Turner and he was not great.

8) duh bears offseason could rival our 2008/2009 offseason. Even more so now if mCd gets a shot at destroying another franchise.

Josh would be perfect. That team needs to be blown up.

broncosteven
12-17-2012, 04:59 PM

Actually I kinda feel bad for Chicago, they haven't had a real dominant team since 86. They suffered through the Wanny and Juron era's and only had success based on a D and ST's that could score.

I did lose a ton of respect for bear fans when most of them rooted for a divisional foe to win the SB back in 96 and 97. Chicago was a green and yellow town back in the late 90's. I would never root for kFc, Oakland, or SD no matter how bad Denver was.

Archer81
12-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Ha...ha ha...ha ha ha...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:Broncos:

maven
12-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Actually I kinda feel bad for Chicago, they haven't had a real dominant team since 86. They suffered through the Wanny and Juron era's and only had success based on a D and ST's that could score.

I did lose a ton of respect for bear fans when most of them rooted for a divisional foe to win the SB back in 96 and 97. Chicago was a green and yellow town back in the late 90's. I would never root for kFc, Oakland, or SD no matter how bad Denver was.

You must live there. My local team has been in the ****ter for years upon years. Yet, I just can't get up rooting for them or just wanting to see them do better. This town has so many transplants so it's not completely all dolphin fans(especially since they are always bad). So many Patriots(obviously)/Jets/Giants/Eagles/east coast fans. Agree with the kfc/oakland/sd. Huge tampa bay buck fan in their SB.:)

DBroncos4life
12-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Kyle Shanahan with Bates at the OC would make way more sense.

SoCalBronco
12-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Kyle Shanahan with Bates at the OC would make way more sense.

That would be amazing.

errand
12-17-2012, 05:17 PM

I doubt he goes to Chicago, especially with Cutler and Marshall there...however if the Patriots win the SB, he will be one of the hotter prospects. Keep in mind Mike Shanahan failed as Raiders head coach, went to SF as OC...and came to Denver after 49ers won title. So he might be given another shot by some team.

Whoever does get the Bears job, might however, have the same question that McDaniels had when he took over Denver....WTF have the Bears won with Jay and Brandon? And before you start in about that NFCCG appearance, remember Sanchez made back to back trips to AFCCG....and we can all agree he sucks.

CEH
12-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Bashing on Cutler isn't as fun as I thought.

Jetland
12-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Bashing on Cutler isn't as fun as I thought.

then you are clearly doing it wrong

sinuous sausage
12-17-2012, 06:41 PM
You must live there. My local team has been in the ****ter for years upon years. Yet, I just can't get up rooting for them or just wanting to see them do better. This town has so many transplants so it's not completely all dolphin fans(especially since they are always bad). So many Patriots(obviously)/Jets/Giants/Eagles/east coast fans. Agree with the kfc/oakland/sd. Huge tampa bay buck fan in their SB.:)

When I lived in Denver, I always hated the douchey east coast transplants who went out of their way to crap on the Broncos, mostly because it often turned into a digressive soliloquy on how much better the cities of Pittsburgh, Philly, Boston, or DC did things. Apparently those were "real sports towns" and Denver fans were somewhere around a six. Never mind the fact that argument is demonstrably false, as I've never been in a city that supports their team more, but I'd always wonder why they did themselves the disservice of living there if everything was second-rate.

When I moved to Dallas I made it a point to generally pull for the Cowboys, even tho Jerry's creep factor defies the English language. It also helps that I like Romo (I confess it).

24champ
12-17-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm glad we are finally in agreement that he has proven himself. I knew you were too smart to keep being a Cutler greatness denialist. :)

Actually Jay is the only thing standing in the way of Chicago being a 4 win team. They're record without him is like 1-9 whereas with him its about .700. So yes he does have veto power because he's holding all the cards.

I would say that the Bears defense was primarily responsible for their wins this season than Jay Cutler, the defense was playing right up there with the best Bears defense.

razorwire77
12-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Well, should he get the Bears job, I'm assuming he'd be able to sign Matt Cassel to a long term contract.

fdf
12-17-2012, 08:11 PM

There is and He should. I can't think of two people who deserve each other more than Cutler and McDaniels.

broncosteven
12-17-2012, 08:17 PM

Yep I live here in the burbs of Chitown but I don't root for anyone other than the Broncos, never have never will. I will stop watching football before I root for another team.

My point was that Chicago has been through some real bad stretches I kinda want to feel bad for them but 90% of the fan base defected to the Packers back when they were bad so they deserve it.

maven
12-17-2012, 08:19 PM
When I lived in Denver, I always hated the douchey east coast transplants who went out of their way to crap on the Broncos, mostly because it often turned into a digressive soliloquy on how much better the cities of Pittsburgh, Philly, Boston, or DC did things. Apparently those were "real sports towns" and Denver fans were somewhere around a six. Never mind the fact that argument is demonstrably false, as I've never been in a city that supports their team more, but I'd always wonder why they did themselves the disservice of living there if everything was second-rate.

When I moved to Dallas I made it a point to generally pull for the Cowboys, even tho Jerry's creep factor defies the English language. It also helps that I like Romo (I confess it).

I wouldn't live in Denver. Why move there? haha

South Florida only supports the local team if they are championship contenders.

Marlins here were hot at the beginning of the year. Brand new stadium, new uniforms, etc. Then they sucked ass and the stadium was a ghost town. Then the team, like clockwork, shipped a lot of their players away and are back to being a cheap as **** payroll team.

The Canes do not get a lot of support since they haven't been good in years.

Dolphins? They are a cluster****. Disorganized from top to bottom. Last time this team did anything was a Super Bowl appearance in the '80's. And they cling to that 1972 undefeated team. That's all they got. They are in the AFC so they go against Denver.

Panthers? Well..

Throw in all the other fans from everywhere else. Not a crazy local sports town. T

There's things to do outside. Weather is sunny and hot.

Popps
12-17-2012, 08:22 PM
I would say that the Bears defense was primarily responsible for their wins this season than Jay Cutler, the defense was playing right up there with the best Bears defense.

You have to give him credit for keeping the gag up this long, man. That's a long way to run for a joke. He's tirelessly kept up the routine.

maven
12-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Yep I live here in the burbs of Chitown but I don't root for anyone other than the Broncos, never have never will. I will stop watching football before I root for another team.

My point was that Chicago has been through some real bad stretches I kinda want to feel bad for them but 90% of the fan base defected to the Packers back when they were bad so they deserve it.

Yes, I get your point. I was also giving my local take.

That's pretty ****ty they all switch to the Pack. The Pack were hot **** back then. Bears. Well, they went to the Super Bowl with Sexy Rexy. Though I'm not sure Bear fans are super proud of that year. But, I'm sure it brought some fans back to them.

lonestar
12-17-2012, 08:57 PM

Overall great post, we agree on something. Imagine that.

lonestar
12-17-2012, 09:08 PM

You are so screwed up in the mind with your love for that punk I feel badly for you.

The team deserves to be a 4 win team. It needs to be blown up. Just like your love of mikey we would have been better without his last decade.

Blow it up and start over instead of mediocre teams for that time period and before you nut hug. ONE playoff Win without Elway lots of meaningless wins early in the year only to fade down the stretch. And getting our ass kicked in the playoffs.

Cutlet only delayed his departure.

lonestar
12-17-2012, 09:16 PM

Iirc defense and special teams have set up loads of points either through scoring them or short field that even cutlet can't screw up.

Without that cutlet would be sucking hind teat. I actually feel sorry for his whiny butt. Had the powers to be drafted OL with those picks they sent to Denver even Orton would have won those games that cutlet gets credit for. And cutlet would not be a punching bag.

lonestar
12-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Nah just kidding cutlet whiner supreme deserves to be rag dolled.

errand
12-17-2012, 09:23 PM

I have a good friend who lives in Plano...he tells me the best place to watch the Broncos (as far as number of fellow Broncos fans at location) is a bar called Sharky's on corner of Preston and Summerside across from a LaHacienda restaurant (I've been there once or twice over past few years when I've visited there)

He told me they took a picture of most of the fans and posted it on their face book page last week I think.

24champ
12-17-2012, 09:33 PM
You have to give him credit for keeping the gag up this long, man. That's a long way to run for a joke. He's tirelessly kept up the routine.

I don't know.

I have to say I saw some serious potential in Cutler to be a great (not just good) Quarterback. Like someone said earlier, Cutler has been in the league now for 7 years and he's still having the same problems. He has all the physical tools to be a HOF Quarterback, but he hasn't gotten better between the ears.

Bears have the 29th ranked offense in the league. That's with the guys Cutler brought in recently...Marshall and Bates. At some point you got to call it like it is.

Broncobiv
12-17-2012, 09:39 PM

http://cdn.lastangryfan.com/wp-content/uploads/cutlermiddlefinger.jpg

SoCalBronco
12-17-2012, 09:40 PM
They also have undoubtedly the worst OL in the league 24. If you cant finish your drop back cleanly you will never get anywhere. Tice was supposed to be an expert in OL play. I'm glad he got put in his place earlier this year.

Kyle needs to get that job and get some decent pass blockers. They are wasting Jays prime wi their stupidity as an organization.

lonestar
12-17-2012, 09:44 PM

A wimp trying to be a tough guy(note IQ listing on right hand) walking a little girls dog or cat I'm not sure which..

maven
12-17-2012, 09:50 PM
They also have undoubtedly the worst OL in the league 24. If you cant finish your drop back cleanly you will never get anywhere. Tice was supposed to be an expert in OL play. I'm glad he got put in his place earlier this year.

Kyle needs to get that job and get some decent pass blockers. They are wasting Jays prime wi their stupidity as an organization.

Kid doesn't have it between the ears.

I look at Tom Brady.

I look at Jay Cutler.

I see two completely different players.

It's okay. You keep riding it.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmxjic0maj1qkb4zeo1_500.gif

theAPAOps5
12-17-2012, 10:00 PM

Good thing for Chicago his veto power is nil. That said McD won't sniff Chicago, but not because of frown canon.

SoCalBronco
12-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Kid doesn't have it between the ears.

I look at Tom Brady.

I look at Jay Cutler.

I see two completely different players.

It's okay. You keep riding it.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmxjic0maj1qkb4zeo1_500.gif

Says the biggest band wagoner on the forum. You've got tons of cred bro.

Broncojef
12-17-2012, 10:15 PM
I can't believe anyone would still be supporting Cutler, his act is old. So glad Mr. Mopey left to infect another team. He will never win crap. McDaniels to the Bears would be a great capstone to a Broncos SuperBowl.

maven
12-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Says the biggest band wagoner on the forum. You've got tons of cred bro.

Says the guy who trashes this team and openly roots for the Bears/Skins. Great cred you have.

24champ
12-17-2012, 10:31 PM

At some point, Jay has to be accountable...its not the GM, the coaches, the OL. At some point after 7 years, you have to point the finger at Jay. It seems like every season he starts off hot, and then he flames out. Bears were 7-1 and now they are 8-6, for crying out loud.

They fired last years OC, brought in Bates and Marshall. Jay is comfortable with those guys, brought them in, and yet the Bears are 29th in the league in offense. That's slightly better than the Jets and worse than the Chiefs.

maven
12-17-2012, 10:36 PM
At some point, Jay has to be accountable...its not the GM, the coaches, the OL. At some point after 7 years, you have to point the finger at Jay. It seems like every season he starts off hot, and then he flames out. Bears were 7-1 and now they are 8-6, for crying out loud.

They fired last years OC, brought in Bates and Marshall. Jay is comfortable with those guys, brought them in, and yet the Bears are 29th in the league in offense. That's slightly better than the Jets and worse than the Chiefs.

jay cutler is not a winner. but, some people refuse to see what is obvious and will ride the fail train off the cliff

lonestar
12-17-2012, 10:45 PM
jay cutler is not a winner. but, some people refuse to see what is obvious and will ride the fail train off the cliff

he like Jeff George has all the phyiscal attributes you look for in a FQB..

but IMO both were so impressed with their arm they get/got themselves into trouble forcing the ball..

which put even more pressure on themselves which caused issues with the coaching staff and fellow players..

cutlet is a head case and rants and raves when others do not live up to his standards..

Unlike a HOF QB like Manning that handles it with a bit more class .. His teammates actually work harder to be like him..

Wonder how many of cutlets players do..

CEH
12-18-2012, 02:32 AM

Yawn

Rodgers has been sacked more times than Cutler this year

Go watch Cutler holding the ball way too long on the Bears 10 yard line last game then being sacked and tell me it's the Oline fault

baja
12-18-2012, 06:30 AM

The dog seems embarrassed to be seen with Jay.

baja
12-18-2012, 06:34 AM

I told you years ago Cutler was a coach killer.

Shanahan

McDaniels (to some degree)

Tice

Lovey Smith (soon to be)

Bacchus
12-18-2012, 06:42 AM

Do you think McDinkus could do a better job of drafting? Maybe he needs to have more than 30 players on his board.

Kaylore
12-18-2012, 07:13 AM
The dog seems embarrassed to be seen with Jay.

LOL

Kaylore
12-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Jay has grown on me this year. Maybe it's the commercial with those girls, maybe it's that when I imagine him smoking a cigarette in every photo it makes him look like a careless dick, but in a way you find endearing. I don't know. I don't hate him like a lot of people. I think he's funny.

I agree with what CEH said. Rogers has had adversity and is pulling his team into a home playoff game. He basically held that ship together until their stars got healthy - all with a patch work line.

I agree with what Steve Young said about Cutler. He was watching him warm up and pointed out he had no discipline. He said he would still take him over most QB's in the league but he needs to be with a coach who makes him work on his technique. We all know Cutler would refuse that kind of coaching but it would be the best thing for him. He could be the best. Instead he wants to be as good as he can be but only doing it his way on his terms. Good luck with that.

gyldenlove
12-18-2012, 08:13 AM
I told you years ago Cutler was a coach killer.

Shanahan

McDaniels (to some degree)

Tice

Lovey Smith (soon to be)

Shanahan had nothing to do with Cutler, that had everything to do with the defence, hell the entire reason Shanny got fired was because he refused to fire his epicly inept DC.

Mcddaniels? you mean the guy Cutler played 0 games for? are you serious?

Tice is the current Chicago Bears OC, so blaming Cutler for him getting fired seems weird, if anything you could blame current and former members of the Minnesota Vikings which was the team that fired him.

Lovie Smith, well wait for him to get fired first, but if he does I think we can put that one on Cutler.

baja
12-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Shanahan had nothing to do with Cutler, that had everything to do with the defence, hell the entire reason Shanny got fired was because he refused to fire his epicly inept DC.

Drafting Cutler and all that followed that contributed to Shanny's down fall.

Mcddaniels? you mean the guy Cutler played 0 games for? are you serious?

McD's inability to deal with Cutler's personality was the first nail in his coffin

Tice is the current Chicago Bears OC, so blaming Cutler for him getting fired seems weird, if anything you could blame current and former members of the Minnesota Vikings which was the team that fired him.

I meant the OC that preceded Tice

Lovie Smith, well wait for him to get fired first, but if he does I think we can put that one on Cutler.

Fair enough but it looks like a foregone conclusion he will be fired

in bold

Dedhed
12-18-2012, 09:10 AM

Det HC
Chi HC
Ari HC
Phil HC
SD HC
KC HC
Oak HC

Any others
J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!

24champ
12-18-2012, 09:52 AM
I agree with what Steve Young said about Cutler. He was watching him warm up and pointed out he had no discipline. He said he would still take him over most QB's in the league but he needs to be with a coach who makes him work on his technique. We all know Cutler would refuse that kind of coaching but it would be the best thing for him. He could be the best. Instead he wants to be as good as he can be but only doing it his way on his terms. Good luck with that.

Steve Young is usually spot on with QB's and couldn't agree more with what he said. Cutler would refuse that kind of coaching, and they brought in Bates because Cutler knows that Bates will let him do his thing.

NFLBRONCO
12-18-2012, 10:12 AM
J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!

I can't believe I missed this on my list.