PDA

View Full Version : OK if you have to pick one?

baja
12-17-2012, 12:24 PM
What do you enjoy watching the most? The #2 ranked offense or the #5 ranked defense?

Pick Six
12-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Watching Peyton work, is magical...

s0phr0syne
12-17-2012, 12:27 PM
For some of us youngin's, this is the first time we've seen ANY incarnation of an orange crush. Loving it!

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 12:30 PM
I love watching Peyton work, although strangely enough, I couldn't stand watching him when he was on the Colts. ???

Anyway, I've always been more defense oriented (HS LB, after all), so I still love the D.

Actually, these days I take great pleasure in watching the Oline playing the running game. It's kind of a visceral experience to watch them crush those blocks and the running back drive through the hole. That's where the domination is expressed, I suppose. ;D

Rock Chalk
12-17-2012, 12:33 PM
I voted D but this is like asking to pick between who to get a blowjob from, Jessica Alba or Jessica Biel. Im plenty happy with either one.

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 12:36 PM
I voted D but this is like asking to pick between who to get a blowjob from, Jessica Alba or Jessica Biel. Im plenty happy with either one.

Definitely Biel. She just has a much nastier look in her eyes. But I would put Beckinsale ahead of either of them. :wiggle:

baja
12-17-2012, 12:42 PM

That's some improvement considering last year it was between Bob and Sara Jessica Parker

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 12:43 PM
That's some improvement considering last year it was between Bob and Sara Jessica Parker

Or open your prayer book to page...

I keed. ;D

broncocalijohn
12-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Watching Manning General like attitude and functions on the field gets me fired up. Good poll and tough question as this defense has been stomping teams on 3rd down with consistency. Maybe it is seeing the pass finallydevelop in Denver. Got to be the offense.

55CrushEm
12-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Definitely Biel. She just has a much nastier look in her eyes. But I would put Beckinsale ahead of either of them. :wiggle:

Hell yeah! Rep for Rohirrim.

100% agree. Biel is sexier than Alba. But Beckinsale is one of my favorites.

Lestat
12-17-2012, 12:48 PM
the defense because it's nice to know that if we hold opponents in check we will win.
haven't seen a really good D in Denver since forever. and i mean the type of D where you know it's not smoke and mirrors, it's execution and coaching.

Lestat
12-17-2012, 12:49 PM

Alba for sure, those lips...

baja
12-17-2012, 12:51 PM
What I fine awesome is I never feel like "We need a first down to keep the defense off the field" or "We need a turnover to give the offense a short field".

Now, it's "Go ahead and punt our D has got this" or "I'm not concerned that we got the ball on the 7 yard line we can drive down the field and score from here."

Dedhed
12-17-2012, 12:53 PM
the defense because it's nice to know that if we hold opponents in check we will win.
I think the defense has made more game changing plays than the offense has in our better wins. Yesterday it was Harris' pick six, there were two in the comeback against the Chargers.

We've had a number of games where the offense has started slowly and the defense has provided the spark that puts the other team in the pressure cooker.

Lestat
12-17-2012, 12:57 PM
I think the defense has made more game changing plays than the offense has in our better wins. Yesterday it was Harris' pick six, there were two in the comeback against the Chargers.

We've had a number of games where the offense has started slowly and the defense has provided the spark that puts the other team in the pressure cooker.

i know, but all we need to win is for the defense to be solid.
they've been spectacular in some games, especially during this win streak.

they've come a long way since being unable to get off the field on 3rd and forever's.

this D is insanely fun to watch to the point where it's hard for me to believe that we were 4-12 just two years ago and one of the worst franchises in football. it's special what Elway and Fox have done for this team.

baja
12-17-2012, 01:07 PM
i know, but all we need to win is for the defense to be solid.
they've been spectacular in some games, especially during this win streak.

they've come a long way since being unable to get off the field on 3rd and forever's.

this D is insanely fun to watch to the point where it's hard for me to believe that we were 4-12 just two years ago and one of the worst franchises in football. it's special what Elway and Fox have done for this team.

I think you forgot JDR

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Not to mention our defensive rookies this year! Wolfe, Bolden, Malik Jackson and Travathan. The only Dlineman to take more snaps than Wolfe has been Dumervil. That is awesome, any way you look at it. To get this kind of solid contibution from every rookie in your defensive draft class is rare in the NFL.

mkporter
12-17-2012, 01:13 PM
The best part is, we don't have to pick! That's like getting Biel and Alba. Whoa.... just got light-headed thinking of it.

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-17-2012, 01:20 PM
I voted D cause I kind of expected manning to look like this. Never expected Harris and carter to play this way. Or our run defense

Dedhed
12-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Not to mention our defensive rookies this year! Wolfe, Bolden, Malik Jackson and Travathan. The only Dlineman to take more snaps than Wolfe has been Dumervil. That is awesome, any way you look at it. To get this kind of solid contibution from every rookie in your defensive draft class is rare in the NFL.

That is pretty sweet, and bodes well for the future. Wolfe has been very solid for a rookie, and I love what I've seen from Travathan so far.

Lestat
12-17-2012, 03:10 PM
I think you forgot JDR

JDR is part of Elway and Fox's moves so it's a all encompassing comment.
Elway,Fox and Russell seem to handle a bulk of the draft stuff, contracts and Fox is very adept at hiring good coaches.

milehighJC
12-17-2012, 03:24 PM
An option for watching both equally would have been my choice, but since it wasnt, I opted for watching the offense. Watching Manning playing chess with the defense is special. Very cool to see Manning put a pass high - where ONLY DT has the ability to go up and get it is very cool.

Doggcow
12-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Defense because we're usually winning.

baja
12-19-2012, 01:18 AM
OK I gotta go with the defense mainly because they continue to amaze me. They keep making plays, play after play. I keep waiting for them to revert back to what I 'know' they are but they never do.

It's like who the hell are these guys and what did they do with the Denver defense.