PDA

View Full Version : Coming Up: Cleveland Browns

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 10:27 AM
This rivalry doesn't have the same "Oomph" that it did in the 80s, when it seemed like we went up against the Browns every year in the playoffs. Since the "real" Browns moved to Baltimore, it hasn't been the same. Broncos finish with two games at home, sitting in complete control of their destiny. What could be wrong with that? Hard to get serious about the Browns and Chiefs. Maybe even thoughts of giving Brock some playing time? Even the Cleveland Plain Dealer can't get it up for this one:

Weeden has thrown for 3,281 yards in his rookie season, but has thrown just 14 touchdowns against 17 interceptions.

The Browns rank among the league's bottom half in pass and rush offense, as well as pass and rush defense.
http://denver.sbnation.com/broncos/2012/12/17/3776490/broncos-browns-2012-game-time-tv-schedule

The game plan for this one should be: Peyton gets the fat lead in the first half. Brock comes in. Start putting in second stringers and make sure nobody gets hurt. Pound the ball with Hillman and Hester. Rest who you can.

Crushaholic
12-17-2012, 10:31 AM
Now is not the time to rest the starters. One slip up, by Denver, likely means the loss of the bye. I don't see the Patriots losing to the Jaguars or the Dolphins...

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Now is not the time to rest the starters. One slip up, by Denver, likely means the loss of the bye. I don't see the Patriots losing to the Jaguars or the Dolphins...

I don't see Houston losing to the Vikes and the Colts either, so I consider the one seed a moot point.

Tombstone RJ
12-17-2012, 10:35 AM
If it's a blowout, some of the starters will get rested. I doubt Kuper plays at all as I think the team would be wise in allowing him to heal fully for the playoff run.

sgbfan
12-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Getting back McGahee and Kuper for the playoffs will be a huge boost. Lets just get up big early and rest our players in the second half so they aren't replacing other key players.

Dedhed
12-17-2012, 10:56 AM
We can't take any chances at this point. If NE somehow loses next week and we win, then we can talk about resting starters, but playing NE at home is a huge priority and we can't risk losing that advantage.

The starters should be playing until that scenario is iced away.

Lestat
12-17-2012, 11:01 AM
unless we're up 40-0 in the 4th we better not rest a damn thing.
i want Brock to get live game reps and i want our starters healthy but we're playing for the chance to host at least 1 playoff game and a bye. that's bigger than resting guys.

oubronco
12-17-2012, 11:02 AM
http://raddezigns.com/decal_pics/10278_Black.jpg

spdirty
12-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Getting back McGahee and Kuper for the playoffs will be a huge boost. Lets just get up big early and rest our players in the second half so they aren't replacing other key players.

I don't want mcgahees fumbling ass back. Knowshow is showing up and doing fine and is securing the ball extremely well.

Need Kuper back though. Ramirez is terrible.

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 11:04 AM
We can't take any chances at this point. If NE somehow loses next week and we win, then we can talk about resting starters, but playing NE at home is a huge priority and we can't risk losing that advantage.

The starters should be playing until that scenario is iced away.

There are pros and cons. You're right. The one thing that worries me is a team losing its edge. We've all seen teams rest starters and then pay for it in the playoffs. On the other hand, rested players can bring a hell of a lot more to a big game. I imagine every coach has his own way of reaching a balance. I don't know enough about Fox to know what he'll do. I think if it's up to Peyton, everybody will play every minute. Ha!

Greatspirits
12-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Cleland will be tough, it won't be blow out but we should win confortably

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Cleland will be tough, it won't be blow out but we should win confortably

Reading their media and message boards, it sounds like the air has gone out of them after losing to the Skins. I think they're just going to want to play out the string and put this season behind them.

sgbfan
12-17-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't want mcgahees fumbling ass back. Knowshow is showing up and doing fine and is securing the ball extremely well.

Need Kuper back though. Ramirez is terrible.

As good as Moreno has been, he will probably continue to start, but having Mcgahee instead of hillman as the #2 would be a huge difference.

Taco John
12-17-2012, 11:23 AM
The Browns never felt like a "rivalry" to me. They always just felt like a team we beat on our way through the playoffs.

Crushaholic
12-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Cleveland will be tough, it won't be blow out but we should win comfortably

Yesterday's game was as close to a blowout as we've had, in a long time. Even then, we let them back in the game. I agree that it won't be a blowout. We don't step on throats. That's just not our style...

Crushaholic
12-17-2012, 11:25 AM
I don't see Houston losing to the Vikes and the Colts either, so I consider the one seed a moot point.

I'm not even talking about the #1 seed. We are holding on to the #2 seed, by the skin of our teeth...

Br0nc0Buster
12-17-2012, 11:29 AM
McGahee is coming back?

I would prefer he didnt
His fumbling could cost us a playoff game

Knowshon is doing a good job, no need to have McGahee poach touches

Rock Chalk
12-17-2012, 11:31 AM

Maybe not the Vikings, but the Colts played them tough in Houston and the next game is in Indy. I CAN see Houston losing that game but they may be resting their starters if they handle the Vikings they have HFA locked up anyway.

Al Wilson
12-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Nobody thinks the Texans can lose to both the Vikings and Colts? The way Peterson is playing they can beat any team, and the Colts play tough at home.

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Nobody thinks the Texans can lose to both the Vikings and Colts? The way Peterson is playing they can beat any team, and the Colts play tough at home.

They already handled the Colts pretty convincingly. I guess anything could happen.

Lestat
12-17-2012, 11:51 AM

Ponder is their starting QB. the best thing about him is he's engaged to ESPN's Samantha Steele.

the Colts i could see due to it being a division game. but the Texans are too good to lose to the Viks with it all on the line. then again, they're also schizo.

Dedhed
12-17-2012, 12:09 PM
There are pros and cons. You're right. The one thing that worries me is a team losing its edge. We've all seen teams rest starters and then pay for it in the playoffs. On the other hand, rested players can bring a hell of a lot more to a big game. I imagine every coach has his own way of reaching a balance. I don't know enough about Fox to know what he'll do. I think if it's up to Peyton, everybody will play every minute. Ha!

The rest during a bye week is far more valuable than sitting for a quarter during a blowout.

Fedaykin
12-17-2012, 12:12 PM
It is sad that once great rivals in the 80s have been reduced to a replacement team that hasn't done **** in going on two decades.

Also sucks we have to play the god damn browns two weeks in a row during the regular season! ;)

Kaylore
12-17-2012, 12:20 PM
The Browns are a team on the right path. They have a good defense, a very good running back, and are hoping their QB can grow up quickly. Their return game is good. They are average, not bad.

DBroncos4life
12-17-2012, 12:25 PM
The Browns are a team on the right path. They have a good defense, a very good running back, and are hoping their QB can grow up quickly. Their return game is good. They are average, not bad.

I honestly can't believe they want to blow the coaching staff up. I hope they do and fail because that is what they deserve.

Al Wilson
12-17-2012, 12:27 PM
I laughed out too loud.

razorwire77
12-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Cleveland isn't nearly as bad as they have been in the past. Head to head they are probably better than half of the teams we've played this year (SD, KC, Oakland, and Carolina. They are certainly an any given Sunday type team that we probably won't be resting starters against. Richardson is solid, they have pieces in place on the on-line (LT obviously), Weeden is serviceable, but despite being 30 is still a rookie and I don't think he's ever going to develop into a top 10 QB.

What it really comes down to is they lack a franchise QB and the ability to rush the QB, which in turn really exposes an average secondary and LB core.

If play like we have been I'm thinking a 10-14 point spread.

baja
12-17-2012, 12:33 PM
unless we're up 40-0 in the 4th we better not rest a damn thing.
i want Brock to get live game reps and i want our starters healthy but we're playing for the chance to host at least 1 playoff game and a bye. that's bigger than resting guys.

Now that we are in control of the bye do what it takes to win than rest during the bye week. It's a no brainer.

gunns
12-17-2012, 12:39 PM
"It looks like my only wish not to happen ,,IS going to happen !! Damn i hate playing them at Mile High. This is not the same Denver we defeated twice last year. I was always worried about this one. If Cleveland doesn't beat them next week than thats it ,we will be seeded 3,,,however crazy as it sounds i told my sons today that i fancied Cleveland for the upset !!
Heres wishing ."

~abdul 7 Patriots board http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/95/972249-denver-road-page3.html

pricejj
12-17-2012, 12:41 PM
1. Beat Cleveland BAMN.

2. Tony Carter needs to man-up. Sick of him giving up big plays late in games that lead to unecessary scores. He (and the Safeties) are the weakest links in one of the leagues strongest Defenses.

3. Offense needs to get get ALOT better finishing drives to win in the playoffs. 10 points in the first-half against the Patriots is not going to cut it. Less than 30 for the entire game is probably not going to cut it either. I'm thinking it will take at least 34 to win that game (maybe more)...need to start firing on all cylinders.

TonyR
12-17-2012, 01:05 PM
We don't step on throats. That's just not our style...

True. We always get more conservative on both sides of the ball. After watching NE come back from a 31-3 deficit last night I hope John Fox realizes you can't do that sh*t on the playoffs. Gotta shoot to kill. Step on throat, do not let up.

Mile High 81
12-17-2012, 01:12 PM
I agree with everything you said of the browns but

a very good running back,
thats not true. T.Rich has one of the worst YPC of all NFL RB. For an Top Five Pick, thats an disappointment.

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 01:13 PM
True. We always get more conservative on both sides of the ball. After watching NE come back from a 31-3 deficit last night I hope John Fox realizes you can't do that sh*t on the playoffs. Gotta shoot to kill. Step on throat, do not let up.

He's been there before. :thumbs:

StugotsIII
12-17-2012, 01:13 PM
I've watched and followed the Browns throughout the year this year....they are far better than people give them credit for.

SouthStndJunkie
12-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Cleveland will come out and play a physical game, which Denver has to match.

Denver should win the game, but if they come out flat or make a bunch of mistakes, Cleveland is capable of making a game of it.

SouthStndJunkie
12-17-2012, 01:16 PM
I've watched and followed the Browns throughout the year this year....they are far better than people give them credit for.

I agree....they have a lot of pieces in place.

Requiem
12-17-2012, 01:20 PM
I agree with everything you said of the browns but

thats not true. T.Rich has one of the worst YPC of all NFL RB. For an Top Five Pick, thats an disappointment.

1,200 APY and 12 touchdowns. The Browns do not have that good of an OL either. I'd say he is doing pretty good for a rookie. He isn't Al Morris or Doug Martin, but what can ya do?

SouthStndJunkie
12-17-2012, 01:20 PM
The Browns never felt like a "rivalry" to me. They always just felt like a team we beat on our way through the playoffs.

I grew up in Ohio rooting for the Broncos....it felt like a rivalry to me.

SouthStndJunkie
12-17-2012, 01:23 PM
1,200 APY and 12 touchdowns. The Browns do not have that good of an OL either. I'd say he is doing pretty good for a rookie. He isn't Al Morris or Doug Martin, but what can ya do?

Plus, Trent Richardson started the season with a knee injury and played through it and has played through a painful rib injury for several weeks.

He's a very good RB who needs some time to heal up, but is playing through his injuries.

Give him the offseason to heal up and look for big things from him next season.

baja
12-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Now this is your true trap game.

Reading the board you would think we have the 2 seed sewed up.

Tombstone RJ
12-17-2012, 01:30 PM

good thing is its a home game

pricejj
12-17-2012, 01:33 PM

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/.x.dxqLmipz8jkcTthxWLA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MzI2NDtjcj0xO2N3PTQ4OTY7ZHg9MD tkeT0wO2ZpPXVsY3JvcDtoPTQyMDtxPTg1O3c9NjMw/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/ce56b57fc77f040a0d0f6a7067004d23.jpg

Lestat
12-17-2012, 02:04 PM
I honestly can't believe they want to blow the coaching staff up. I hope they do and fail because that is what they deserve.

why can't you believe it? brand new owner, new team president, going to be a new GM.
in most cases of new ownership the entire regime changes.
now the new regime might decide that the coaches are doing a good job developing the roster and keep them but that almost never happens with new ownership.

the new owner is a life long Steelers fan which likely means he wants to model his team after them. he's even said he's willing to look at uniform changes.
i just don't see the Browns keeping things intact with that potential mindset.

baja
12-17-2012, 02:08 PM
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/.x.dxqLmipz8jkcTthxWLA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MzI2NDtjcj0xO2N3PTQ4OTY7ZHg9MD tkeT0wO2ZpPXVsY3JvcDtoPTQyMDtxPTg1O3c9NjMw/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/ce56b57fc77f040a0d0f6a7067004d23.jpg

Have you ever read a game thread. go read this week's

pricejj
12-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Have you ever read a game thread. go read this week's

Don't worry about it boss. The Broncos have a lot to improve on, and they know it.

Like Peyton said, they haven't played up to their potential yet. These home games against the Browns and Chiefs are exactly what we needed to prepare for the playoffs and a Superbowl run.

Change the oil, clean out the carb, and adjust the mirrors...we're goin' for a ride!

:sunshine:

Kaylore
12-17-2012, 02:26 PM
This isn't a trap game.

Let's assume the Browns defense plays light's out and really puts the breaks on our offense (unlikely, but let's pretend). Let's say the Browns return a kick for a TD and somehow their run game grinds it out. Even with all of that - a perfect storm of things, if you will, do you honestly think they hold us to less than 17 at home?

If the game is on the line and the Browns need a score, are you scared of Brandon Weeden?

Do you think our corners are going to have hard time containing Greg Little and Josh Gordon?

This isn't a trap game. MAYBE if it was on the road, but I would still predict a win. I do think it will be closer than some think, but not much closer.

DBroncos4life
12-17-2012, 02:35 PM
why can't you believe it? brand new owner, new team president, going to be a new GM.
in most cases of new ownership the entire regime changes.
now the new regime might decide that the coaches are doing a good job developing the roster and keep them but that almost never happens with new ownership.

the new owner is a life long Steelers fan which likely means he wants to model his team after them. he's even said he's willing to look at uniform changes.
i just don't see the Browns keeping things intact with that potential mindset.

Because this staff has them playing hard and going in the right direction. You don't fire guys that ARE improving your team in favor of for guys that MIGHT. Like I said I hope it all blows up in their face.

baja
12-17-2012, 02:45 PM
This isn't a trap game.

Let's assume the Browns defense plays light's out and really puts the breaks on our offense (unlikely, but let's pretend). Let's say the Browns return a kick for a TD and somehow their run game grinds it out. Even with all of that - a perfect storm of things, if you will, do you honestly think they hold us to less than 17 at home?

If the game is on the line and the Browns need a score, are you scared of Brandon Weeden?

Do you think our corners are going to have hard time containing Greg Little and Josh Gordon?

This isn't a trap game. MAYBE if it was on the road, but I would still predict a win. I do think it will be closer than some think, but not much closer.

I think you just laid out the prerequisite ingredients necessary for a trap game. ;D

Requiem
12-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Trap game? Browns better prepare their anuses/anusii.

razorwire77
12-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Not a trap game. Let's say hypothetically the Browns come out fired up and play a solid game. Weeden might go 27-34 with 230 yards and a touchdown (a nice game for him), let's say Richardson goes 20-110 and touchdown and they get another miscellaneous touchdown on a turnover, punt return etc. They also get a field-goal. That's 24 points. Even assuming this best case scenario are they going to hold this team to under 24 points, with a minimal pass rush and a mediocre secondary?

pricejj
12-17-2012, 02:50 PM
..."Have no fear of atomic energy, 'cause none of them can stop the time."

"People, help me sing...these songs of freedom..."

"...is all I ever had!"

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/014/857/hi-res-6568750_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

TheChamp24
12-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Browns aren't that bad of a football team, not really good either, about average.
This game we should win easily though.

baja
12-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Not a trap game. Let's say hypothetically the Browns come out fired up and play a solid game. Weeden might go 27-34 with 230 yards and a touchdown (a nice game for him), let's say Richardson goes 20-110 and touchdown and they get another miscellaneous touchdown on a turnover, punt return etc. They also get a field-goal. That's 24 points. Even assuming this best case scenario are they going to hold this team to under 24 points, with a minimal pass rush and a mediocre secondary?

BRONCOS 17 - CHIEFS 9

razorwire77
12-17-2012, 03:00 PM
BRONCOS 17 - CHIEFS 9

Still an 8 point spread and a road game against a traditional rival.

Kaylore
12-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Still an 8 point spread and a road game against a traditional rival.

Exactly. We just have weird things happen to us in Arrowhead. We're two missed field goals away from 23-9.

We've historically dominated the Browns and get them at home.

Lestat
12-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Because this staff has them playing hard and going in the right direction. You don't fire guys that ARE improving your team in favor of for guys that MIGHT. Like I said I hope it all blows up in their face.

that means nothing to a brand new owner and regime. all they see is 4-12 first year, 5-9 currently with a 2nd straight season of finishing 4th in the division with a coaching staff they didn't hire.
the guys playing hard for the Browns is nice, but if you're a new regime and you butt is on the line with the boss if you don't win, would you personally stake your job on a guy who can get guys to play hard but isn't getting the wins needed?

DBroncos4life
12-17-2012, 03:32 PM
that means nothing to a brand new owner and regime. all they see is 4-12 first year, 5-9 currently with a 2nd straight season of finishing 4th in the division with a coaching staff they didn't hire.
the guys playing hard for the Browns is nice, but if you're a new regime and you butt is on the line with the boss if you don't win, would you personally stake your job on a guy who can get guys to play hard but isn't getting the wins needed?

They are not going to fire a new GM for retaining a coaching staff for one year if they don't improve. As is there are going to be a lot of HC openings that will look more attractive then what the Browns have to offer. You don't build winning franchise like the Steelers by firing coaches every two seasons , you stay the Browns by doing that.

Lestat
12-17-2012, 03:39 PM
They are not going to fire a new GM for retaining a coaching staff for one year if they don't improve. As is there are going to be a lot of HC openings that will look more attractive then what the Browns have to offer. You don't build winning franchise like the Steelers by firing coaches every two seasons , you stay the Browns by doing that.

how many gm's get to hold onto their jobs if the 2nd coach doesn't work out? say he does keep Shurmur one more year and then they don't improve enough to keep him around another year.
you hire the next coach and this would be your first HC that you handpicked.
if he doesn't work out you get blamed for setting the franchise back by not making a move sooner and now the guy you pick doesn't work so you're likely canned.

easier to start off with your guy and if it doesn't work out then you hire another one and live with it.

Broncos_OTM
12-17-2012, 06:18 PM

Mack and thomas say hello

extralife
12-17-2012, 06:22 PM
the browns are pretty ok. this talk of benching starters for a game when we're fighting for a bye is idiotic.

TheChamp24
12-18-2012, 07:35 AM
hey, BROWNS:

http://i.imgur.com/8wteA.jpg

g6matty
12-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Weve bottled up every top tier rb (aside from NE and queefs but we were stuck in nickle) all year. I suspect t-rich goes nooooo where dis week

Rohirrim
12-18-2012, 07:38 AM
This isn't a trap game.

There is no such thing as a trap game when Peyton Manning is running your huddles. ;D

Kaylore
12-18-2012, 07:45 AM
There is no such thing as a trap game when Peyton Manning is running your huddles. ;D

This is really true. Manning takes everyone seriously.

baja
12-18-2012, 07:46 AM
hey, BROWNS:

LOL good one. ;D

Rohirrim
12-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Ray Rice: 12 carries for 38 yards.

Trent Richardson! Come on down! :welcome:

55CrushEm
12-18-2012, 07:57 AM
Trap game? Browns better prepare their anuses/anusii.

I belive the plural of anus, would be "ani".

Alumnus.....alumni
Anus.....ani.

:)

55CrushEm
12-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Exactly. We just have weird things happen to us in Arrowhead. We're two missed field goals away from 23-9.

We've historically dominated the Browns and get them at home.

Additionally, in our final game vs. the Chiefs.....normally I would say that the Chiefs would play their butts off to be a "spoiler" (see last year, when we almost missed the playoffs).

But this year....I have a feeling the Chiefs might tank the game, to ensure themselves the #1 pick in the draft. Currently, it's between them and the Jags.

Archer81
12-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Well...if the Broncos keep doing this:

http://tinyurl.com/9wbftbo

I think we will be alright.

:Broncos:

baja
12-18-2012, 08:14 AM

I agree Manning is the very best person you could have when it comes to not succumbing to a trap game but this game still fits the description of a trap game.

Rohirrim
12-18-2012, 08:17 AM
Well...if the Broncos keep doing this:

http://tinyurl.com/9wbftbo

I think we will be alright.

The turnaround that Knowshon has made this season has to be one of the biggest I've ever seen a player make. I really credit Fox with sitting KM for 8 games. That was the kind of coaching decision that not many coaches would even see, let alone make. He put the fire back in Knowshon's belly. THAT is coaching.

razorwire77
12-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Additionally, in our final game vs. the Chiefs.....normally I would say that the Chiefs would play their butts off to be a "spoiler" (see last year, when we almost missed the playoffs).

But this year....I have a feeling the Chiefs might tank the game, to ensure themselves the #1 pick in the draft. Currently, it's between them and the Jags.

We got their best shot at Arrowhead and probably played the worst game of the winning streak and still won by 8 on the road. Prater hits two makeable field goals and it's a 14 point spread.

If the two seed is on the line we will crush them. I'm talking 4 or 5 touchdown crush them. Bowe is on IR. Albert is hurt, Quinn is terrible, Baldwin is terrible, Romeo is terrible. Daboll is probably the worst play caller in the league.

Archer81
12-18-2012, 08:25 AM
The turnaround that Knowshon has made this season has to be one of the biggest I've ever seen a player make. I really credit Fox with sitting KM for 8 games. That was the kind of coaching decision that not many coaches would even see, let alone make. He put the fire back in Knowshon's belly. THAT is coaching.

I agree. I also think Knowshon is having things slow down for him. Several times vs the Ravens he would hit the hole, see where his blocking was going and get what he could get, rather then running right into the pile or trying to dance away from it. Maturity as a runner is a good thing.

Plus he hurdled Ed Reed. It is pretty sweet.

baja
12-18-2012, 08:27 AM
We got their best shot at Arrowhead and probably played the worst game of the winning streak and still won by 8 on the road. Prater hits two makeable field goals and it's a 14 point spread.

If the two seed is on the line we will crush them. I'm talking 4 or 5 touchdown crush them. Bowe is on IR. Albert is hurt, Quinn is terrible, Baldwin is terrible, Romeo is terrible. Daboll is probably the worst play caller in the league.

good post

Bacchus
12-18-2012, 09:57 AM

The Manning effect

Taco John
12-18-2012, 10:20 AM
The Manning effect

I have a hard time crediting Manning for what is looking to be a Knowshon turn around. I think it's right to credit Fox for that. Putting the guy in street clothes during games, and on the scouting squad during practice... You don't typically see a first rounder put through that. It says a lot about Fox as a player developer, but also about Moreno for enduring it, and using it as an opportunity to get better.

Bronco Rob
12-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Happy for Knowshon, glad he is almost performing up to his draft position after four seasons.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-18-2012, 11:06 AM
LOL good one. ;D

If you only used a pic of Steve prefontaine that would have been epic

Punisher
12-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Not sleeping on the Browns or K.C we could lose to either one.

DENVERDUI55
12-18-2012, 12:56 PM
I have a hard time crediting Manning for what is looking to be a Knowshon turn around. I think it's right to credit Fox for that. Putting the guy in street clothes during games, and on the scouting squad during practice... You don't typically see a first rounder put through that. It says a lot about Fox as a player developer, but also about Moreno for enduring it, and using it as an opportunity to get better.

I do the manning effect has him only having to run agaisnt nickle D and 5 and 6 man boxes. Teams would rather let run game slowly bleed them and hope Denver shoots themselves in the foot vs Manning striking quick.

razorwire77
12-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Not sleeping on the Browns or K.C we could lose to either one.

Screw that. The Browns will hang around for bit before we beat them by 10-14 and we will absolutely destroy KC. They'll probably be starting Stanzi for Christ's Sake. If we can't beat Stanzi to Baldwin at home, **** we might as well not even show up for the playoffs.

Crushaholic
12-20-2012, 08:41 AM
This game won't be played, due to the end of the world. Thank you for your interest. Just in case we are still here, Browns roll - 5,348 to 9. Matt Prater needs some work...

JakeZ01
12-20-2012, 08:55 AM
hey, BROWNS:

Genius.

JakeZ01
12-20-2012, 08:56 AM
I agree. I also think Knowshon is having things slow down for him. Several times vs the Ravens he would hit the hole, see where his blocking was going and get what he could get, rather then running right into the pile or trying to dance away from it. Maturity as a runner is a good thing.

Plus he hurdled Ed Reed. It is pretty sweet.

Also, they oline is blocking defensive linemen now... So there is that.

razorwire77
12-20-2012, 09:10 AM
This game won't be played, due to the end of the world. Thank you for your interest. Just in case we are still here, Browns roll - 5,348 to 9. Matt Prater needs some work...

Mayans 122112

Matt Prater 6

Rohirrim
12-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Mayans 122112

Matt Prater 6

The Mayan QB is pretty tough.

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/751018/751018,1320815649,1/stock-photo-kukulkan-mayan-deity-god-prophecy-88446214.jpg

oubronco
12-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Oh Damn

http://im41.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Cleveland-Browns-.jpg

oubronco
12-20-2012, 09:17 AM
http://notinhd.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/cleveland-browns-fan.jpg

oubronco
12-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Suck it Browns

http://media.cleveland.com/startingblocks/photo/9171450-large.jpg

oubronco
12-20-2012, 09:21 AM
http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/2405/browns.jpg

Irish Stout
12-20-2012, 09:25 AM

Fox did what he had to to try and get Moreno to respond. Moreno took it like a man and came back the right way. Too many of these athletes take it like a prima dona and get pouty. Way to go Moreno.

On a similar note, there seems to be a stronger philosophy that the run game is everyones game this year. I'm seeing more and more when the RB gets in front of the line or a TE that they get behind him and push forward when the RB is getting stacked up. I've seen many times this year where we get the first down or even a TD because of this.

I give Fox credit for getting the philosophy of the team right across the board.

oubronco
12-20-2012, 09:27 AM
http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2009/12/dumb%2Bcleveland%2Bbrowns%2Bfan.jpg

Inkana7
12-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Since I live in Ohio, I have to watch the Browns play a lot. They're a really boring team, but that's because they're just solid enough to not lose by a lot. Their defense is really pretty good, and Joe Haden is one of the top corners in the NFL.

Weeden is really up and down. Sometimes it looks like he has what it takes to be one of the next generation of good QBs, but other times he just looks awful. That's probably due to the Browns receivers, which are probably the worst in the NFL, but the kid they picked up in the Supplemental Draft, Josh Gordon, really looks like he has a lot of talent that can be developed. Both of their WRs, Gordon and Greg Little, while not very good, are both huge--the kind of receiver that Tony Carter has struggled with all year. So there's that to watch for. Trent Richardson is also a beast, but our Run D will most likely shut him down.

I expect a Broncos win, by 10+, but it'll be a boring game and lots of people will whine about things afterwards. Just remember that these Browns actually have some talent, just not enough yet.

oubronco
12-20-2012, 12:59 PM
http://raddezigns.com/decal_pics/10278_Black.jpg

Rohirrim
12-21-2012, 08:06 AM
Shurmur says he plans to play a lot of nickle against the Broncos. "We’re going to play a lot of nickel as we go. We’ll move the other guys up. L.J. (Fort) will move up." Also, a discussion about Von and Dumervil and how to defend against PM.
http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2012/12/20/3787156/pat-shurmur-l-j-fort-to-start-at-olb-kaluka-maiava-named-4th-captain

razorwire77
12-21-2012, 08:42 AM
Shurmur says he plans to play a lot of nickle against the Broncos. "We’re going to play a lot of nickel as we go. We’ll move the other guys up. L.J. (Fort) will move up." Also, a discussion about Von and Dumervil and how to defend against PM.
http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2012/12/20/3787156/pat-shurmur-l-j-fort-to-start-at-olb-kaluka-maiava-named-4th-captain

All aboard the Moreno train to the promise land!!!

I'm always skeptical about coaches reveling their defensive game plans to the media.

Beantown Bronco
12-21-2012, 08:49 AM
I do the manning effect has him only having to run agaisnt nickle D and 5 and 6 man boxes. Teams would rather let run game slowly bleed them and hope Denver shoots themselves in the foot vs Manning striking quick.

Please. If that were truly the case, then our OLine would have to be the worst run blocking line in the league....given that there always seems to be at least one or two guys in the backfield on any given run play.

Kaylore
12-21-2012, 10:19 AM
I was just on two Browns message boards. Neither was talking about this game. Nobody seems to care or be worried about it.

Rohirrim
12-21-2012, 10:44 AM
I was just on two Browns message boards. Neither was talking about this game. Nobody seems to care or be worried about it.

In Brown's land, it's time to start talking about the draft. In KC, they started in week 4. ;D

Broncos4Life
12-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Nobody should ever "hypothetically" say Weeden is going 27-34 on this Broncos defense. That is just not going to happen. No way, no how does he complete 27 passes on this defense.

That hurt my brain when I read that from whatever poster posted it! I can see him throwing 34 times, but if he completes 27 on our D I will puke in my mouth, **** myself and then the world will blow up!

DENVERDUI55
12-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Please. If that were truly the case, then our OLine would have to be the worst run blocking line in the league....given that there always seems to be at least one or two guys in the backfield on any given run play.

What do people in the backfield have to do with the amount of defenders in the box? Our OL isn't great at run blocking. Tell me what game the opposing team consitently played one deep S and stacked the box because they feared Denver's running game? The reason Manning is calling so many runs is because of the matchup and teams are daring Denver to run. Credit to Slowshon he is making them pay dearly.