PDA

View Full Version : THIS IS GREAT!

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 08:37 AM
This is awesome! What a fantastic football Sunday. Remember all the bad ****? The hard years? Griese and Plummer? TD's career ending injury? Cutler? Shanahan getting fired. Those ass-kickings at home by the Raiders and Chargers? McDaniels? The team in smoking ruin? Everybody blaming everybody? Tebow? The Tebowites? The discord? The fights? The near-riot on the Mane?

And now?

We are in the fields of Ambrosia. Elysium where Homer said, "... to the Elysian plain…where life is easiest for men. No snow is there, nor heavy storm, nor ever rain, but ever does Ocean send up blasts of the shrill-blowing West Wind that they may give cooling to men."

Not only are the Broncos in the playoffs, but they are a force to be reckoned with. Who wants to come to Denver and play these Broncos?

Nobody. That's who. Let us take a moment to breathe the exalted air. Enjoy.

:Broncos:

Armchair Bronco
12-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Remember all the bad ****? The hard years? Griese and Plummer? TD's career ending injury? Cutler? Shanahan getting fired.

Speak for yourself! The day Shannyham was fired was one of my happiest days as a Broncos fan.

The Mastermind should have moved to another team after Elway retired. Instead, like Captain Ahab, he took down the ship trying to prove that he could win without a team stocked with HOF-caliber players.

Well, that didn't work out so well, did it. Shannyham is doing great things with the Redskins. He just needed a change of venue. Too bad that change didn't happen back in 1998 after Super Bowl XXXIII.

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Speak for yourself! The day Shannyham was fired was one of my happiest days as a Broncos fan.

The Mastermind should have moved to another team after Elway retired. Instead, like Captain Ahab, he took down the ship trying to prove that he could win without a team stocked with HOF-caliber players.

Well, that didn't work out so well, did it. Shannyham is doing great things with the Redskins. He just needed a change of venue. Too bad that change didn't happen back in 1998 after Super Bowl XXXIII.

I wasn't saying it was good or bad, just that it created turmoil.

enjolras
12-17-2012, 09:19 AM
It's awesome. I'm having a blast.

Although you'd think we we're 0-13 right now from the tone of about 3/4 of the posts around here.

oubronco
12-17-2012, 09:28 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkhomqaxvP1qd5n55o1_500.gif

oubronco
12-17-2012, 09:31 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lktzn3xdog1qd5n55o1_500.gif

Pick Six
12-17-2012, 09:40 AM

Eh, I wouldn't call it GREAT. The Redskins are on top, but still barely over .500...

Fedaykin
12-17-2012, 09:48 AM
We're not hanging net 50 pts on every team, we suck.

/signed debbie downers

Greatspirits
12-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Haven't felt this great or confident about the Bronx since the Super Bowl days!

baja
12-17-2012, 10:11 AM
The problem I have is deciding which I enjoy more, watching the defense or watching the offense.

colonelbeef
12-17-2012, 11:12 AM

more idiocy from know-nothing ingrates.

DarkHorse30
12-17-2012, 11:15 AM
The problem I have is deciding which I enjoy more, watching the defense or watching the offense.
Bingo. I used to specifically try NOT to watch when our defense was on the field. I LIKE this problem

colonelbeef
12-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Eh, I wouldn't call it GREAT. The Redskins are on top, but still barely over .500...

right dude. Shanahan is in the running for coach of the year, and has a rookie QB and RB playing out of their minds with a team suddenly 8-6, in first place in the NFC East despite injuries all over, including to the 3 best players on defense.

How is it that Bronco fans still don't appreciate how great of a HC Mike Shanahan is? Will you be frowning when he gets a bust in Canton?

Quoydogs
12-17-2012, 11:16 AM

I liked Shanny, but he had too much power. Seems to happen every time they give all the power to the coaches it's just too much to handle. Same thing with homegrown in Seattle a few years back.

Mediator12
12-17-2012, 11:29 AM
I liked Shanny, but he had too much power. Seems to happen every time they give all the power to the coaches it's just too much to handle. Same thing with homegrown in Seattle a few years back.

I do not think it is the power that gets them, but the lack of building up their staff and Front office with quality people. Shanahan had tremendous coaches when they went to the SB's and then he started hiring buddies and guys who would do what he said instead of competent people for a long time.

He did not like collaboration at all, but wanted yes men and sycophants to build him up. It turned a real good talented team into a mediocre team that was supposedly "one or two players" away from greatness. In reality, he did a poor job of player, coach, and Front office acquisition and it finally bit him in the ass with mediocreness for too long due to those factors.

He is still a world class X's and O's guy, but he is a terrible HC and GM most days because of his philosophy on not having great people around him challenging him.

Tombstone RJ
12-17-2012, 11:32 AM
I do not think it is the power that gets them, but the lack of building up their staff and Front office with quality people. Shanahan had tremendous coaches when they went to the SB's and then he started hiring buddies and guys who would do what he said instead of competent people for a long time.

He did not like collaboration at all, but wanted yes men and sycophants to build him up. It turned a real good talented team into a mediocre team that was supposedly "one or two players" away from greatness. In reality, he did a poor job of player, coach, and Front office acquisition and it finally bit him in the ass with mediocreness for too long due to those factors.

He is still a world class X's and O's guy, but he is a terrible HC and GM most days because of his philosophy on not having great people around him challenging him.

So Shanny suffers from a huge ego, which is what I've said all along. He's his own worst enemy, but such is the case with huge egos.

milehighJC
12-17-2012, 11:37 AM

+1

I will say that I had a lot of fun last year. Being at the Chicago game was a blast - I still think it was as loud as I have heard in the "new" stadium. Seeing the Broncos come back in seemingly impossible situations was fun, but nerve wracking. It was fun, but you knew in your brain if not your heart that they really were not that good. But winning was fun. It had been a long time. My daughters used the words "hot mess".

This year is a thing of beauty. Not since the Elway days have I felt that calm confidence that we are going to find a way to win. Not since those days have I seen crowds glued to the nearest TV on game day. I was at Winter Park yesterday and we came in for lunch early to watch for a while. The place completely ERUPTED on the interception return - it was unbelievably loud.

When I got home, I watched the game start to finish on the DVR, skipping from end of plays to the offense being lined up ready to snap. It is striking how efficient the offense looks when you view the game that way. It is a well oiled and exotic machine. The defense is fast, violent, and effective. Seems like a big play is always close... I never want to look away or risk missing an interception or a sack.

Its a good time to be a Broncos fan.

Mediator12
12-17-2012, 11:39 AM
So Shanny suffers from a huge ego, which is what I've said all along. He's his own worst enemy, but such is the case with huge egos.

I just wish he would learn from his mistakes like Belichick did from his time in Cleveland. The problem is he won big right away as a HC in DEN. It cemented his philosophy and instead of growing and getting better he remains very adamant and stubborn on the non-football side of things.

I just hate it when people are their own worst enemies. I know I am mine, it took me awhile to figure that out. And guys like that really ignite a passion inside me to help them be better. That is why I do what I do. I take people and organizations from mediocre or good to great.

CEH
12-17-2012, 11:43 AM
NE presumably coming to town for a playoff game. Shades of 2005 but NE had a better team back then on an 8 game playoff win streak and Denver has a better team now. Plus when Brady looks across the LOS he will not see Joe Mays. This is a one month training camp for the NE Patriots and a fantastic playoff game

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Much like Seattle and SF, the Broncos have the right combination for beating the Pats.

CEH
12-17-2012, 11:48 AM

Many former players recounts Shanny's style of college scouting as wanting to only see the players highlight film because as Mike would say "He hasn't been coached by me"

Chris
12-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Lot of tough years. It feels quite frankly strange.

Bacchus
12-17-2012, 11:56 AM
This is awesome! What a fantastic football Sunday. Remember all the bad ****? The hard years? Griese and Plummer? TD's career ending injury? Cutler? Shanahan getting fired. Those ass-kickings at home by the Raiders and Chargers? McDaniels? The team in smoking ruin? Everybody blaming everybody? Tebow? The Tebowites? The discord? The fights? The near-riot on the Mane?

And now?

We are in the fields of Ambrosia. Elysium where Homer said, "... to the Elysian plain…where life is easiest for men. No snow is there, nor heavy storm, nor ever rain, but ever does Ocean send up blasts of the shrill-blowing West Wind that they may give cooling to men."

Not only are the Broncos in the playoffs, but they are a force to be reckoned with. Who wants to come to Denver and play these Broncos?

The Manning effect

Mediator12
12-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Well, we got the right response to the barometer game right?

We not only won it, we won it in convincing fashion on the road to a desperate team in need of a win to secure their playoff position. We basically eliminated them from having a chance at the bye.

So, not only is this great. It is a hell of a lot better than limping in and praying for miracles like last year ;D

CEH
12-17-2012, 12:19 PM

We not only won it, we won it in convincing fashion on the road to a desperate team in need of a win to secure their playoff position. We basically eliminated them from having a chance at the bye.

So, not only is this great. It is a hell of a lot better than limping in and praying for miracles like last year ;D

Yes is what I think as well. Statement Sunday. What do you think about going into the playoffs on an 11 game winning streak? I guess we'll see.

Hot is hot and that has been the recipe for success in the past couple years

Mile High Salute
12-17-2012, 12:22 PM

+1. Great coach, bad GM.

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 12:24 PM

Ain't that the truth? ;D

Rock Chalk
12-17-2012, 12:28 PM

I see what you did there.

CEH
12-17-2012, 12:40 PM
I see what you did there.

Whatever ever happend to that guy? He went the way of Chuck from Happy Days

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 12:40 PM
This is my guitar riff for the rest of this season...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/proRSTWcpfw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gunns
12-17-2012, 01:17 PM

I was thinking the same thing. About where we were at this time of year, striving for that 8-8 record, hoping for 9-7. I know, I know, he has a rookie QB, he has injuries, blah, blah, blah. There isn't an excuse that hasn't been made for Shanahan

razorwire77
12-17-2012, 01:18 PM
It's awesome. I'm having a blast.

Although you'd think we we're 0-13 right now from the tone of about 3/4 of the posts around here.

I don't think it's been that bad. The usual merry band of idiots/trolls come out after a turn over or punt, but overall I think as a fan base we're excited. Especially true now that we're chasing down a 2 seed that a few weeks ago seemed impossible.

Old Dude
12-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Back to back division titles. Nine game winning streak, having just clobbered the Ravens in Baltimore. First round playoff bye is within reach by winning two home games against teams with combined record of 7-21. Top 5 total offense; (2d in scoring); top 4 total defense (5th in scoring); Peyton Manning at the helm and Knowshon Moreno replaced by an alien.

All things considered, I guess I'm satisfied at the moment.

Rohirrim
12-17-2012, 01:40 PM
Back to back division titles. Nine game winning streak, having just clobbered the Ravens in Baltimore. First round playoff bye is within reach by winning two home games against teams with combined record of 7-21. Top 5 total offense; (2d in scoring); top 4 total defense (5th in scoring); Peyton Manning at the helm and Knowshon Moreno replaced by an alien.

Given the understatement, I'm guessing you're of Irish heritage? ;D

Requiem
12-17-2012, 01:52 PM
http://www.iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/feels-good-man-john-goodman-1296510848O.jpg

FearLanier
12-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Pffft hard years huh?

Try being a Chiefs fan. We own you in the knowledge of "hard years". :thumbsdow

24champ
12-17-2012, 01:58 PM
http://community2.metalreview.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.ImageFileViewer/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles.edito rials/FYSloth.bmp_2D00_550x0.jpg

pricejj
12-17-2012, 01:59 PM
4 UDFA starters on Defense...2 starters out for the year. 2nd Scoring Defense in the NFL.

I know I've complained sometimes to you, god. Sometimes I haven't always done the right thing. So thanks. Thanks for the Broncos season that you have bestowed upon us...and thank you for Peyton Manning.

baja
12-17-2012, 02:00 PM

So you noticed the Lizard pupils he flashed when the camera panned in too.

baja
12-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Did you also catch that camera shot of while he was down on the ground for a split second his ribbony forked black tongue shot out and nailed that grass hopper? Zap and it was over

pricejj
12-17-2012, 02:16 PM
So you noticed the Lizard pupils he flashed when the camera panned in too.

Somebody told me today that Adam and Eve are the offspring of an alien mating with a monkey...which kinda made sense to me.

Are you telling me that aliens are now mating with lizards too?

Old Dude
12-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Pffft hard years huh?

Try being a Chiefs fan. We own you in the knowledge of "hard years". :thumbsdow

You guys won a playoff game back in the 1993-94 season. What more do you expect?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-17-2012, 05:09 PM
right dude. Shanahan is in the running for coach of the year, and has a rookie QB and RB playing out of their minds with a team suddenly 8-6, in first place in the NFC East despite injuries all over, including to the 3 best players on defense.

How is it that Bronco fans still don't appreciate how great of a HC Mike Shanahan is? Will you be frowning when he gets a bust in Canton?

Calm down, Kyle.

Is it not okay to state for the record that while Shanahan is a great coach, his act seemed to go stale in Denver? I understand defending your dad, but this seems ridiculous.

Bacchus
12-17-2012, 05:29 PM

And now?

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/joker.gif

Bronco Boy
12-17-2012, 06:21 PM
You guys won a playoff game back in the 1993-94 season. What more do you expect?

Seriously. Some people are impossible to please.

HorseHead
12-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Television coverage for me (New England-Boston area) has been fantastic. Though they cut away to the Colts-Texans at 31-3 yesterday..bastards..

DLifer
12-17-2012, 07:34 PM
I've been waiting for yesterday's game since 12/31/2000. Denver lost 21-3 in Baltimore in the playoffs. Former Bronco Shannon Sharpe caught a double-deflection and ran for a TD.
"This was the first time the Broncos were prevented from scoring a touchdown in 28 postseason games over a span of three decades."

Been waiting 12 years for Denver to hand it to Baltimore in their house. So sweet.

tesnyde
12-17-2012, 07:38 PM

And now?

You would have to add DWill and Damien Nash to the heartache.