PDA

View Full Version : Chris Harris to the Pro Bowl!

SpringStein
12-16-2012, 12:22 PM
He deserves it.

Popps
12-16-2012, 12:25 PM
What a secondary we have out there, and not a single top draft pick used to assemble it.
Best kid this kid locked up at some point. Not sure what his contract status is.

Requiem
12-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Could be a serious contender for All-Pro honors.

KipCorrington25
12-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Such a bad ass this guy has become!

lonestar
12-16-2012, 02:30 PM
What a secondary we have out there, and not a single top draft pick used to assemble it.
Best kid this kid locked up at some point. Not sure what his contract status is.

Pretty sure that poortis this was a second pick, who was traded for IIRC the number 8 pick in his draft.

Other champ you are correct.

UberBroncoMan
12-16-2012, 02:31 PM
We have so many emerging players we're going to lose a few to $.

lonestar
12-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Not sure Harris is pro bowl material. And is unlikely to beat out a lot of others at the CB spot.

Bacchus
12-16-2012, 02:32 PM

Champ was a #8 selection you would have to count that. But yes, What Elway has done with the secondary has been magnificent.

Rohirrim
12-16-2012, 02:32 PM
That was such a crucial moment in the game. That INT finished off the Ravens. Game ball!

lonestar
12-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Champ was a #8 selection you would have to count that. But yes, What Elway has done with the secondary has been magnificent.

Amazing what having a scouting department you can trust means as well as listening to the coaching staff, getting their input before either picking talent or waiting till after the draft for UDFA.

Yes John seems to be doing a great job.

DBroncos4life
12-16-2012, 02:54 PM

Is it that hard to understand that he was saying DENVER didn't use a single pick to get our CB's???

baja
12-16-2012, 03:08 PM

Evidenced by the fact a a guy that could start for most teams can't even earn a uniform on game day.

Bacchus
12-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Is it that hard to understand that he was saying DENVER didn't use a single pick to get our CB's???

No it is not hard to understand that, but if you are just looking at the secondary as a whole and how it was built then you have to mention Champ was a top 10 pick. Ok with you???

oubronco
12-16-2012, 03:37 PM
I'm all for it

gyldenlove
12-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Harris has been outstanding this season.

Bacchus
12-16-2012, 04:26 PM
Harris has been outstanding this season.

He has played exactly how I thought Porter was supposed to play.

errand
12-16-2012, 04:32 PM

Evi-damn-dently it was...LOL

gyldenlove
12-16-2012, 04:39 PM

Porter was always more of a gambler, he was never known for super tight coverage. Porter was a guy who would give up some passes but also make some plays on the ball. Harris has been better in coverage than Porter ever was and he has really made some big plays on the ball, he doesn't get a ton of shots on the ball but he makes magic happen when he gets a chance.

Houshyamama
12-16-2012, 04:45 PM

If Porter played like Harris, NO would have never let him go.

Bacchus
12-16-2012, 05:07 PM
Porter was always more of a gambler, he was never known for super tight coverage. Porter was a guy who would give up some passes but also make some plays on the ball. Harris has been better in coverage than Porter ever was and he has really made some big plays on the ball, he doesn't get a ton of shots on the ball but he makes magic happen when he gets a chance.

Jumping routes is gambling, that is what Porter does and that has what Harris has done.

Bacchus
12-16-2012, 05:09 PM
If Porter played like Harris, NO would have never let him go.

Yeah, Harris and Carter both have been pleasant surprises. Denver has a very solid D line, Secondary and even the LBers with Williams being back is very solid. There is no weakness on this defense. This will give them lots of flexibility when the draft rolls around.

TonyR
12-16-2012, 06:32 PM
That was such a crucial moment in the game. That INT finished off the Ravens.

Yes, to say the least. If the Ravens score a TD there it might have been a whole different game. Huge play.

SpringStein
12-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Not sure Harris is pro bowl material. And is unlikely to beat out a lot of others at the CB spot.

Name them.

Champ
Harris
Joseph
Haden

Those are top 4 to me. I think he sealed making it today.

Tim
12-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Name them.

Champ
Harris
Joseph
Haden

I wouldn't be surprised if Cromartie made the probowl, and Keenan lewis has been praised by commentators for his excellent coverage this year, even though his stats don't look half as good as Harris' so I wouldn't be shocked if he made it as an alternate.

In my opinion Jonathon Joseph has looked like crap compared to what he did last year so if he makes it and Chris Harris gets snubbed it will be robbery. But hopefully all the broncos will be getting ready for a week 21 game rather than playing in hawaii.

DBroncos4life
12-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Name them.

Champ
Harris
Joseph
Haden

I have a hard time with a guy that has been suspended getting a pro bowl invite.

SpringStein
12-16-2012, 08:58 PM
I have a hard time with a guy that has been suspended getting a pro bowl invite.

No disagreement here. Honestly there just aren't that many impressive CBs in the AFC this year - and Chris certainly has been.

DBroncos4life
12-16-2012, 09:11 PM
No disagreement here. Honestly there just aren't that many impressive CBs in the AFC this year - and Chris certainly has been.

Yeah I have too agree with you.